PDA

View Full Version : Computers google chrome says

wild1
07-10-2009, 04:52 PM
The website at www.chiefsplanet.com contains elements from the site www.mustangmods.com, which appears to host malware software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 04:53 PM
print 'em!

DaFace
07-10-2009, 04:55 PM
What specific page are you on when you get that message? It's probably a linked image somewhere.

BigVE
07-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes, I've gotten it several times the past couple of weeks. I just proceed anyways.

Donger
07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
"John has a long mustache!"

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 05:01 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

Halfcan
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
we are all infected-smash your computers with a hammer imediately!!

BigMeatballDave
07-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I got it earlier. In the other Google Chrome thread.

acesn8s
07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
The Planeteers ARE the virus.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
we are all infected-smash your computers with a hammer imediately!!

ok i'm on it!!!!!

Sure-Oz
07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
apparently the sig i have hosted on there, the site has been attacked or something cause its a picture only host that ive had for years....

ive removed the sig pic link for now

makes no sense

stranged part is it lets the pic still show up but when i try to get on the site it says 'cpu could be attacked' yadda yadda or it is harmful...

DaFace
07-10-2009, 06:34 PM
apparently the sig i have hosted on there, the site has been attacked or something cause its a picture only host that ive had for years....

ive removed the sig pic link for now

makes no sense

stranged part is it lets the pic still show up but when i try to get on the site it says 'cpu could be attacked' yadda yadda or it is harmful...

No clue about the site, but you could always re-upload your sig to imageshack or some other site.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2009, 06:41 PM
No clue about the site, but you could always re-upload your sig to imageshack or some other site.

may have to do that, i have a bunch of sig pics and some personal on there.

the site was created by a user on another board years ago for free image hosting for friends on a mustang board so he must not be aware of it, ive had the host for atleast 6 years. hopefully it gets back to normal, cuz i cant visit the site to edit anything even though the pics show up fine.

I may use your advice if this isnt cleared up soon

Ultra Peanut
07-10-2009, 07:19 PM
TINYPIC

Lzen
07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
WTF? Why is my sig someone else's?

Sure-Oz
07-10-2009, 07:50 PM

its a board error, happens from time to time

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.rudezone.net/images/notThisShitAgain.gif

Sure-Oz
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
btw do not click the mustangmods link, apparently there is a trojan on it....i blocked it with my scanner and emailed the host hopefully they will get on it but until then i wont put pics in my sig. this is the first time its happend since ive had it so i think its. def been fucked with

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Perhaps the thread starter or a mod should kill the link in the OP.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Perhaps the thread starter or a mod should kill the link in the OP.

even doing a search on google for that link attracted the trojan, very strange

apparently the pics that are actually hosted dont hurt anything but the direct linkj does....

ive taken all the hosted sigs/links off any sites im associated till this is fixed. it shouldnt harm anything anyway but better to be safe that no one copies the link..

JOhn
07-10-2009, 07:55 PM

:spock:

Lzen
07-10-2009, 07:56 PM
its a board error, happens from time to time

http://www.rudezone.net/images/notThisShitAgain.gif

Yes, I know all about that. But I went to change my sig. in my user CP. Well, it still showed my normal sig. there. Weird. I just changed it to something else and that seems to work.

DaFace
07-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Just to make sure it's killed, I added a replacement variable that replaces mustang_mods with trojanlink. If the situation gets fixed, someone shoot me a PM and I'll remove the replacement.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Just to make sure it's killed, I added a replacement variable that replaces mustang_mods with trojanlink. If the situation gets fixed, someone shoot me a PM and I'll remove the replacement.

The link isnt necessary anyway, it really is nothing but a login screen normally and a pay host. it's always been free to me cuz i donated many years ago so the owner could start it, but if you really want to know i will PM you.

DaFace
07-10-2009, 08:12 PM
The link isnt necessary anyway, it really is nothing but a login screen normally and a pay host. it's always been free to me cuz i donated many years ago so the owner could start it, but if you really want to know i will PM you.

Well, no need to block a legitimate site if it gets fixed. Others have used it in the past as well, according to a quick Google search, so I'd rather not have stuff broken if not necessary.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Well, no need to block a legitimate site if it gets fixed. Others have used it in the past as well, according to a quick Google search, so I'd rather not have stuff broken if not necessary.

No problem...if it gets up i'll let you know regardless

Jewish Rabbi
07-11-2009, 12:05 AM
I get them from "mustangmods.com" too randomly. I always proceed, assume it's an ad or avatar somewhere.

Jewish Rabbi
07-11-2009, 12:06 AM
I get them from "trojanlink.com" too randomly. I always proceed, assume it's an ad or avatar somewhere.

Ha. Didn't read the whole thread first.

wild1
07-11-2009, 12:08 AM
What specific page are you on when you get that message? It's probably a linked image somewhere.

i would go to the main index, then from the dropdown i would click 'the lounge', and it would hit right then.

wild1
07-11-2009, 12:11 AM

sorry. i didn't realize people would just click on a link that was labeled malicious (now i know where botnets come from) or i would not have put the site in there, i thought it was going to be needed to track down whatever was causing it

Sure-Oz
07-11-2009, 12:13 AM
i would go to the main index, then from the dropdown i would click 'the lounge', and it would hit right then.

I am sure it was mainly due to my signature picture that was hosted there...i don't think anyone else here uses the same img host as i do.

Have you had it pop up again now?

wild1
07-11-2009, 12:21 AM
I am sure it was mainly due to my signature picture that was hosted there...i don't think anyone else here uses the same img host as i do.

Have you had it pop up again now?

I just tested it and I did not.

But I am uninstalling chrome, it is pissing me off.