for me

Halfcan
07-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Rush will destroy alves.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Rush will destroy alves.

yeah i just dont like rush

and bisping saying he will knock out hendo and hendo WILL NOT take him down at all is a mistake.

and mir saying lesnar needs to hit harder is a mistake

Halfcan
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
yeah i just dont like rush

and bisping saying he will knock out hendo and hendo WILL NOT take him down at all is a mistake.

and mir saying lesnar needs to hit harder is a mistake

lesner needs to hit harder? Wow that is like saying-Prince needs to act gay er.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
lesner needs to hit harder? Wow that is like saying-Prince needs to act gay er.

thats a direct quote

Buck
07-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Lesnar

Bisping

Alves (I want 2 believe)

Halfcan
07-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't think Mir will last a round.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Lesnar

Bisping

Alves (I want 2 believe)

i used to like bisping but after the way he acted during TUF and on the countdown show not so much anymore, i hope hendo shuts him the fuck up.

Buck
07-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I didn't watch TUF, I just think that Bisping is the superior fighter. Henderson is no walk in the park.

Delano
07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Of those you listed, I pick:

Mir, Henderson, and St. Pierre.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I didn't watch TUF, I just think that Bisping is the superior fighter. Henderson is no walk in the park.

he was a TOTAL cocksucker. hell he even shot water in one of the us' competitors faces. classless. talked shit on henderson the whole time. guaranteed he would knock out dan. guaranteed dan WOULD NOT take him down, not once. i just hope henderson beats his prick ass

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 05:59 PM

dont be shy what do you think about the rest?

Kyle DeLexus
07-10-2009, 06:00 PM

That's what I'm hoping for, but IDK with the Mir vs. Lesnar fight

Delano
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
dont be shy what do you think about the rest?

Bonnar over Coleman
Jon Jones FTW
T.J. Grant
Akiyama
annnnnddddd
Jon Fitch.

I'm kinda meh about the other fights.

Fairplay
07-10-2009, 06:06 PM
lesnar

hendo

alves

for me

I agree with this.

Bonner will win over Colemen also.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Bonnar over Coleman
Jon Jones FTW
T.J. Grant
Akiyama
annnnnddddd
Jon Fitch.

I'm kinda meh about the other fights.

i agree with these

Fairplay
07-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I seen better fight cards.

macdawg
07-10-2009, 06:18 PM

I have the exact same predictions.

I know that Lesnar is the favorite but I think Mir will be able to catch him in a submission. I'm sure Lesnar is much improved at submission defense, and Ian Freeman punched Mir into oblivion while Mir desperately tried to leglock him, but Mir is a smart dude and I think he will figure out a way to submit Lesnar. Lesnar actually has good standup but I think this will be decided on the ground.

I am taking another underdog in Henderson, after seeing Bisping on TUF he appears over confident and Henderson is an Olympic wrestler that hits like a truck. Go Henderson.

St. Pierre I anticipate has better conditioning which I think will be a factor. Both these guys are so explosive a lot of people don't think it will make it to round 3 but I think it will somehow with both men beat up and the fight coming down to heart/conditioning. Alves I feel is a better striker but George will be able to take him down when he wants and control Avles.

Coleman/Bonnar should be great entertainment too. I am really hoping Coleman pulls it off and he now at least trains at a real gym (Coutures) instead of training himself, I anticipate Bonnar out-conditioning Coleman and finishing him at some point.

KcMizzou
07-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Mir looked as good as I've ever seen him vs. Nogueira. But Lesnar's a freak.

I'm hoping Alvez takes out GSP, but I doubt it. Rooting for GSP is like rooting for the Yankees.

I think Bisping gets the win over Henderson. Unfortunately, I think Hendo's best days are behind him.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 06:23 PM

I'm hoping Alvez takes out GSP, but I doubt it. Rooting for GSP is like rooting for the Yankees.

I think Bisping gets the win over Henderson. Unfortunately, I think Hendo's best days are behind him.

i hope not, and mir was RIPPED at the weigh-in, just think lesnar is gonna get him crosses fingers

Kyle DeLexus
07-10-2009, 06:28 PM

Well damn! I got into the sport rooting for the Canadian before I knew who anyone was.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Well damn! I got into the sport rooting for the Canadian before I knew who anyone was.

he's just so faggish acting...

Bwana
07-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I WILL be buying this ticket.

Delano
07-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I WILL be buying this ticket.

You and a couple million other households.

Big money.

Bwana
07-10-2009, 07:48 PM
You and a couple million other households.

Big money.

I pick and choose which ones I invest in these days. This seems like it will be a decent ticket. I'm going to roll the dice.

Delano
07-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I pick and choose which ones I invest in these days. This seems like it will be a decent ticket. I'm going to roll the dice.

Seems like it.

Me and about ten friends will buy the thing and split the fee.

It's easily worth five bucks, but I'm not sure I'd shell out 45 for any UFC event.

Bwana
07-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Seems like it.

Me and about ten friends will buy the thing and split the fee.

It's easily worth five bucks, but I'm not sure I'd shell out 45 for any UFC event.

Yeah, that's the way to do it. I have five buddys showing up as well. I told them, I'm buying, you bring the beer. I also said if any of them bring swill, I will show them the door. ;) (They know I'm serious)

KcMizzou
07-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Well damn! I got into the sport rooting for the Canadian before I knew who anyone was.I don't really dislike him. And I respect the hell out of his talents. He just strikes me as a bit of a goody-goody.

Sully
07-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I can't stand Lesnar. I hope he gets beaten badly.
But I suspect he'll win.

Bwana
07-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I can't stand Lesnar. I hope he gets beaten badly.
But I suspect he'll win.

You know, I felt that way about the guy for a long time. He walked into MMA thinking he didn't have to train and he would kick ass. He found out the hard way that technique overcomes power. He has been training, he doesn't run his mouth at this point in time and Frank Mir is a fraud and a douch bag. I never thought I would say this, but I hope Lesner kicks his ass.

Sully
07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
You know, I felt that way about the guy for a long time. He walked into MMA thinking he didn't have to train and he would kick ass. He found out the hard way that technique overcomes power. He has been training, he doesn't run his mouth at this point in time and Frank Mir is a fraud and a douch bag. I never thought I would say this, but I hope Lesner kicks his ass.

He does run his mouth, and he whines his ass off.
Spike had a preview special this week that I DVRed. I still have it saved, because a buddy is coming over to watch the fights tomorrow who has no real knowledge of UFC, so I thought it'd be good for him to see before the fights.

Anyhow, all Lesnar's big ass can do is talk shit about how he really didn't lose to Mir before, and cry about Steve Mazzagatti for taking a split second longer than he thought necessary to call the fight when he tapped.
Also reading a couple of interviews with him recently, I have just soured on the guy. I wanted to root for him, it'd be a great story. But the downside to Dana White's genius marketing, is sometimes you see a personality you just don't like.

Plus, I've dislike dhim ever since seeing him at the Vikings-Chiefs scrimmages where he had no football skill, but made up for it by acting like a "practice All American" and finally body-slamming our backup tight end.

KcMizzou
07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
You know, I felt that way about the guy for a long time. He walked into MMA thinking he didn't have to train and he would kick ass. He found out the hard way that technique overcomes power. He has been training, he doesn't run his mouth at this point in time and Frank Mir is a fraud and a douch bag. I never thought I would say this, but I hope Lesner kicks his ass.I kinda thought of Lesnar as a Kimbo type. Big name... cash in on the hype, etc. But he does seem to be taking the sport very seriously... and he's obviously improved vastly in a short amount of time. (not to mention physically he's just a freak)

It'll be fun to see how Kimbo does on TUF.

Long Duk Dong
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Lesnar

Henderson

GSP

MTG#10
07-10-2009, 08:46 PM
What I want to happen - Lesnar, Henderson, Alves

What will probably happen: Lesnar, Bisping, GSP

BigVE
07-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I seen better fight cards.

Huh? 2 Title fights on one card?

Anyways...I'm picking Lesnar, Bisping and GSP .

UL Washington
07-10-2009, 09:32 PM
The preview show with Lesner was borderline WWF stuff which worries me.

And I think this is agreat card compared to most of them the last year or so. Anderson Silva isn't on this card which really makes it better by default.

Kyle DeLexus
07-10-2009, 10:28 PM
He does run his mouth, and he whines his ass off.
Spike had a preview special this week that I DVRed. I still have it saved, because a buddy is coming over to watch the fights tomorrow who has no real knowledge of UFC, so I thought it'd be good for him to see before the fights.

Anyhow, all Lesnar's big ass can do is talk shit about how he really didn't lose to Mir before, and cry about Steve Mazzagatti for taking a split second longer than he thought necessary to call the fight when he tapped.
Also reading a couple of interviews with him recently, I have just soured on the guy. I wanted to root for him, it'd be a great story. But the downside to Dana White's genius marketing, is sometimes you see a personality you just don't like.

Plus, I've dislike dhim ever since seeing him at the Vikings-Chiefs scrimmages where he had no football skill, but made up for it by acting like a "practice All American" and finally body-slamming our backup tight end.

Wow! I just watched it and what a little bitch Lesnar is.

Bwana
07-11-2009, 04:10 PM
What time does this bad boy get underway?

keg in kc
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
8:30 or 9 I think.

Halfcan
07-11-2009, 04:29 PM
why all the hate for GSP-he is nothing but Class??

Dunit35
07-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Should I drive an hour to see this or not? Enid's buffalo wild wings is the closest place showing this. Or should I just sit at home and pay 45 dollars to rent it.

Bwana
07-11-2009, 04:40 PM
8:30 or 9 I think.

You're right Keg, 8 Mountain, so 9 your time. I just invested in the HD version. I hope there are some decent fights this go around.

Halfcan
07-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Should I drive an hour to see this or not? Enid's buffalo wild wings is the closest place showing this. Or should I just sit at home and pay 45 dollars to rent it.

$45 bucks?? :rolleyes: wow I was thinking about getting it-but that is crazy.

Skip Towne
07-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Can we expect a play by play from you rich folks?

Dunit35
07-11-2009, 04:54 PM
$45 bucks?? :rolleyes: wow I was thinking about getting it-but that is crazy.

No, kidding. I wouldn't get home till after 2 a.m. if I drive an hour to see it.

big nasty kcnut
07-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I got it and it will be lesnar alves coleman and henderson
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
07-11-2009, 06:59 PM
No, kidding. I wouldn't get home till after 2 a.m. if I drive an hour to see it.

I think I would buy it under those conditions without question.

DeezNutz
07-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Stream? Probably not, huh?

Farzin
07-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Didn't see this thread :doh!:

Any streams?

Bwana
07-11-2009, 07:04 PM

I bet there will be some out there, but those darn things always seem seem to drop fanter than a Mike Tyson opponent back in the day. Wasn't there some in the past on justin.tv, or something like that?

SnakeXJones
07-11-2009, 07:05 PM
A stream should work here http://www.ustream.tv/discovery/live/sports-mixed-martial-arts
(http://www.ustream.tv/discovery/live/sports-mixed-martial-arts)

Mr. Flopnuts
07-11-2009, 07:05 PM

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="295" width="353" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=hiija" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="channel=hiija&auto_play=false&start_volume=25" /></object><a href="http://www.justin.tv/hiija" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from UFC 100 on Justin.tv</a>

DeezNutz
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I bet there will be some out there, but those darn things always seem seem to drop fanter than a Mike Tyson opponent back in the day. Wasn't there some in the past on jasontv, of something like that?

Yep. The man is protective of his $45. Don't blame them, really.

A stream should work here http://www.ustream.tv/discovery/live/sports-mixed-martial-arts
(http://www.ustream.tv/discovery/live/sports-mixed-martial-arts)

Thanks!

Farzin
07-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys!

HolmeZz
07-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Any working stream?

Stanley Nickels
07-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Only working one I've found:
http://sportzonepr.net/free2.htm

Stanley Nickels
07-11-2009, 08:08 PM
any luck?

HolmeZz
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, that works. Much appreciated.

SnakeXJones
07-11-2009, 08:14 PM
any luck?

http://www.sports.lyricsdirectdownload.com/other/1.php

Its better than nothing

Farzin
07-11-2009, 08:18 PM
wow...dammit...I really wanted to see Lesnar lose live..

SnakeXJones
07-11-2009, 08:35 PM
found a better one http://ufc-hundred.blogspot.com/

Bwana
07-11-2009, 08:42 PM
WOW! That was one hell of a fight!

Up next, go Henderson!

mdstu
07-11-2009, 08:47 PM
What was the score card on that one?
Was in the kitchen.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Wow...Belcher was robbed.

Fruit Ninja
07-11-2009, 08:59 PM
wow, Hendo.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Good night!!!!!!!

Holy crap....

big nasty kcnut
07-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Boom hendo would the whole thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

ZootedGranny
07-11-2009, 09:03 PM
ROFL @ Bisping's gameplan of constantly moving towards Henderson's right.

Bisping got fucking BODIED.

Stanley Nickels
07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
ROFL @ Bisping's gameplan of constantly moving towards Henderson's right.

Bisping got ****ing BODIED.

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've seen an elite-level fighter do.
Seriously, WHAT??
His corner guy was screaming at him to stop doing it, but Bisping was being a stubborn idiot.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Anybody have any other links? Mine are all crapping out.

Dallas Chief
07-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Boring GSP fight. I guess. GSP with the takedown, again. Smack, smack smack! Back up to the feet, for 25 minutes...

mdstu
07-11-2009, 10:00 PM
That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've seen an elite-level fighter do.
Seriously, WHAT??
His corner guy was screaming at him to stop doing it, but Bisping was being a stubborn idiot.

I think Bisping is only elite in theory. Here is his UFC career.
**Note that I changed the Hamil decision, because well we all know that Hamil won that fight.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-11-2009, 10:10 PM
All I can say is I hope Chiefs games look this good on my flat screen this year. I'm streaming it through my computer to my tv and it's pretty ok for free.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-11-2009, 10:24 PM
haha Lesnar owns

Mr. Flopnuts
07-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Lesnar is a fucking beast.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-11-2009, 10:25 PM
dam i didnt know his wife is sable

wild1
07-11-2009, 10:29 PM
bye Frank... we can't miss you if you don't go away

big nasty kcnut
07-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Good match and mir should of kept his mouth shut.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stanley Nickels
07-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I still think Brock's a douche.

Dallas Chief
07-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Jeebus!!! Lesnar is a FREAK! His punches were scary accurate, even from wierd angles...

Dallas Chief
07-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I still think Brock's a douche.

I agree. But you can't doubt his skills. Scary.

wild1
07-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Wasn't it Lesnar who put that hit on a quarterback at training camp and Vermeil said he should be shot in the head? I can't imagine him hitting Brodie Croyle or Damon Huard or whoever. Surely they would not have survived.

Stanley Nickels
07-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I agree. But you can't doubt his skills. Scary.

You got that right. Not a whole lot of people I can think of that can compete with him.

Ultra Peanut
07-11-2009, 10:57 PM
In before BigRock:

http://j.photos.cx/ufclesnar-58f.jpg

TRR
07-11-2009, 11:04 PM
You got that right. Not a whole lot of people I can think of that can compete with him.

Not a whole lot of fighters you can think of because Lesnar outweighs them all by 30-40 pounds. All Lesnar does is lay on opponents until he finds an opening to ground and pound. He's not a very skilled fighter, he's just taking advantage of a division he shouldn't be in.

The UFC is going to have to create a different weight class in years to come. Skill is unfortunately thrown out the window, and the size difference takes over. He reminds me a bit of Bob Sapp early on his joke of a career....facing fighters 50+ pounds lighter than him, and forcing them into a corner to pummel them.

big nasty kcnut
07-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Weird that the coach johnathon coachman did the ufc hilight.
Posted via Mobile Device

big nasty kcnut
07-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Well does that mean they should bring back the super heavyweight div.
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR
07-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Well does that mean they should bring back the super heavyweight div.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it would be wise. Unfortunately Lesnar is just too big for these guys in the heavyweight division. It's not his fault, it's just the truth. I don't see any skill in the way he fights, and I have watched every one. He just smothers fighters with his size, and punches them to a pulp. IMO, Lesnar needs to drop about 30-35 pounds to be in the heavyweight different, and legitimize himself as a true MMA fighter.

Bwana
Great ticket tonight. I was happy to see both Bisping and Mir get their yaps shut.

Mecca
They aren't bringing back the super heavyweight division, they already have a comically shitty heavyweight division, would you like to dilute it even more?

UFC doesn't even have a good heavyweight division they can't split it.

TRR
07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
They aren't bringing back the super heavyweight division, they already have a comically shitty heavyweight division, would you like to dilute it even more?

UFC doesn't even have a good heavyweight division they can't split it.

I agree with that 100%. The real answer is to force Lesnar to slim down like they do with other fighters unless both agree on a catch weight fight. There just isn't enough good heavyweight fighters in the UFC right now.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
I agree with that 100%. The real answer is to force Lesnar to slim down like they do with other fighters unless both agree on a catch weight fight. There just isn't enough good heavyweight fighters in the UFC right now.

what wrong with, lettin him dominate and continue to pound every fighter he face, i enjoy it.

TRR
07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
what wrong with, lettin him dominate and continue to pound every fighter he face, i enjoy it.

Because I don't think it sets the right example for the sport. MMA has been about technique and style. All Lesnar is doing is using his 30+ pounds to ground and pound people. He's allowing WWE wrestlers like Bobby Lashley to come over, and try out the same thing because of their size. You never saw Mike Tyson fighting guys 30-40 pounds less than him in the sport of boxing...the same should be true for MMA in my opinion.

And...unfortunately Lesnar has no class, and isn't really the type of embassador MMA needs either. "I'm gonna go drink a Coors light...not a Bud light because they won't give me any money...and get on top of my wife." Classy!

Ultra Peanut
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
what wrong with, lettin him dominate and continue to pound every fighter he face, i enjoy it.That's the way to go. Lesnar is a heel heat MACHINE.

Buyrates, baby.

Mecca
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
As long as it gets buys I doubt he cares...

mikeboogie
07-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Lesnar knows how to work. Played the heel to a t! So many people will now watch to see him loose. I think it was the greatest post fight interview all time. Vice taught him something. I bet Dana White was loving it. When you talk about his size disadvantage just remember the UFC was founded with no weightclasses!

Ultra Peanut
07-11-2009, 11:51 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/aorokn.gif

big nasty kcnut
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Bisping's is a epic fail.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsFanatic
07-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I was so happy to see Bisping get KTFO. I have hated that jag-off since the Ultimate Fighter. The flying shot was borderline, but the ref had not stopped it yet.

Tonight was not a good night for shit talkers.

GSP is done with the 170 pound division. Too bad Silva already has the 205 fight with Griffin, because Silva versus GSP would be so much more exciting.

And Brock Lesnar improves so much from fight to fight, it is scary. To all those who say all he does is use his size, shame on you. He actually used a ton of technique while on the ground.

The MMA world needs to see Lesnar versus Fedor, and soon, before Fedor is past his prime. I know everyone will say that Fedor would kill him, but what other legit heavyweight is there?

big nasty kcnut
07-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Fear fedor he's pissed on herm.
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking
07-12-2009, 12:48 AM
I was so happy to see Bisping get KTFO. I have hated that jag-off since the Ultimate Fighter. The flying shot was borderline, but the ref had not stopped it yet.

GSP is done with the 170 pound division. Too bad Silva already has the 205 fight with Griffin, because Silva versus GSP would be so much more exciting.

And Brock Lesnar improves so much from fight to fight, it is scary. To all those who say all he does is use his size, shame on you. He actually used a ton of technique while on the ground.

The MMA world needs to see Lesnar versus Fedor, and soon, before Fedor is past his prime. I know everyone will say that Fedor would kill him, but what other legit heavyweight is there?
Silva vs GSP is the only fight left to watch. Unless they bring in Fedor that is.

J Diddy
07-12-2009, 12:55 AM

Bisping's is a epic fail.
Posted via Mobile Device

All of this and bag of chips.

Buck
07-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Anyone have a gif of Bisping getting ktfo?

Rausch
07-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Bring back THREE FIGHTS A NITE!1!BBQ!SUPERKO!1!

ZootedGranny
07-12-2009, 02:44 AM

"Eventually Fedor is going to be here," said White. "I want Fedor. I want Fedor to come to the UFC. We'll get the deal done and we'll get Brock vs. Fedor and it will be a huge fight." (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/arash_markazi/07/12/lesnar.wins.title/)

Dana will get Fedor, and Fedor will still get to fight in Sambo tournaments, something that should've been done a while ago.

Anyone have a gif of Bisping getting ktfo?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2340/1247367977823.gif

Valiant
07-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Because I don't think it sets the right example for the sport. MMA has been about technique and style. All Lesnar is doing is using his 30+ pounds to ground and pound people. He's allowing WWE wrestlers like Bobby Lashley to come over, and try out the same thing because of their size. You never saw Mike Tyson fighting guys 30-40 pounds less than him in the sport of boxing...the same should be true for MMA in my opinion.

And...unfortunately Lesnar has no class, and isn't really the type of embassador MMA needs either. "I'm gonna go drink a Coors light...not a Bud light because they won't give me any money...and get on top of my wife." Classy!

After all the shit he has gotten and disrespect before the fight he deserved to say what he wanted..

Valiant
07-12-2009, 02:54 AM
I was happy went undefeated on my card at the bar..

keg in kc
07-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Nothing makes me happier than watching arrogant shit-talkers get knocked on their ass.

Seeing that fraud Bisping get knocked the fuck out by Hendo was worth the price of admission. Lesnar going full heel after making Mir his bitch was the cherry on top.

And on a totally different train of thought, an ironic one after how much I loved heel Lesnar, GSP is my favorite fighter in the world now. Guy is total class, shows up to the pre-fight press conference in a suit and tie when the rest of the fucks come in looking like slobs in t-shirts, doesn't disrepect anybody and then fights through an injury nobody would have known he had if we couldn't hear his corner. Dude makes it look easy.

bdeg
07-12-2009, 04:38 AM
"Eventually Fedor is going to be here," said White. "I want Fedor. I want Fedor to come to the UFC. We'll get the deal done and we'll get Brock vs. Fedor and it will be a huge fight." (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/arash_markazi/07/12/lesnar.wins.title/)

Dana will get Fedor, and Fedor will still get to fight in Sambo tournaments, something that should've been done a while ago.

:drool::drool::drool:

Bwana
07-12-2009, 07:28 AM
That last shot by Henderson was gold. Bisping was already out, so he didn't feel it last night, but you can bet your last dollar, he is feeling it today.

TrickyNicky
07-12-2009, 07:34 AM
The other angle on that is also pure gold. Macho Man elbow drop

BigRichard
07-12-2009, 08:24 AM

:eek:

http://www.moviesounds.com/friday/knocked.wav

TheGuardian
07-12-2009, 08:30 AM

He didn't use any technique. He did the exact same thing he did in the Herring fight. He used his size to make his opponent immobile. Smart? Yes. Good technique? Fuck no. If you think he used any "good technique" then maybe you need to explain to me what your background in wrestling and MMA is, because Lesnar looked like shit standing up and simply laid on Frank and used his 40+ extra pounds weight advantage to immobilize him.

People are stupid.

xbarretx
07-12-2009, 09:07 AM
He didn't use any technique. He did the exact same thing he did in the Herring fight. He used his size to make his opponent immobile. Smart? Yes. Good technique? **** no. If you think he used any "good technique" then maybe you need to explain to me what your background in wrestling and MMA is, because Lesnar looked like shit standing up and simply laid on Frank and used his 40+ extra pounds weight advantage to immobilize him.

People are stupid.

yep, end of thread. i think now you will see lots of nuthuggers trying to ride the Lesnar bandwagon even though we all saw what happened when they tried to do the same with Kongo and Gonzaga. Brock won, grats to him but that match could prove to hurt him as a what happens to Brock when he decides to stand and not pull a "ice box" and give everyone the "deep freeze"

TheGuardian
07-12-2009, 09:13 AM
If Brock stands with Fedor or Carwin he'll get put to sleep.

xbarretx
07-12-2009, 09:16 AM

:clap: anyone who denies that need to look at the career of Bob Sapp. size only gets you so far.

ChiefsFanatic
07-12-2009, 10:48 AM
He didn't use any technique. He did the exact same thing he did in the Herring fight. He used his size to make his opponent immobile. Smart? Yes. Good technique? **** no. If you think he used any "good technique" then maybe you need to explain to me what your background in wrestling and MMA is, because Lesnar looked like shit standing up and simply laid on Frank and used his 40+ extra pounds weight advantage to immobilize him.

People are stupid.

You don't know jack shit about mma, or ground fighting if you think ll he did was lay there. He prevented Mir, a BJJ blackbelt, from sweepeing, from making any attempt at a submission from the ground, when he ended the fight, he gained wrist control, and used it to end the fight.

Have you ever seen Mir fight? Sylvia was much bigger than Mir, and Mir submitted him. Mir submitted Lesnar the first time. So, I would say that Mir has very good ground skills. What did he show last night? Nothing. Was that because he sucks? NO. It was because Lesnar improved.

And Mir had every opportunity to remain on his feet but he could not. At the beginning of the second round, Mir even tried to bait Lesnar into his guard. So, I don't think Mir was all that crazy about standing with Lesnar. But what does he know, he was just fighting.

There was not Mark Coleman LNP in that fight.

When Alves didn't make weight against Hughes, and then was 35 pounds heavier at the time of the fight, nobody was saying how he only won because of his size.

ChiefsFanatic
07-12-2009, 10:56 AM

Making predictions like this is just stupid. I am not saying that I think Lesnar could beat Fedor, but he has had 5 mma fights, and beat 2 former heavyweight champions. No one can know what would happen until it happens.

BigRock
07-12-2009, 11:43 AM
In before BigRock:

http://j.photos.cx/ufclesnar-58f.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5051/mirsantino.jpg

BigRock
07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9355/fedorq.jpg

BigRock
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4746/lesnarrape.jpg

TrickyNicky
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2pytc2g.jpg

Even though Mir got wrestle-raped, that was a pretty sweet jumping knee.

BWillie
07-12-2009, 12:04 PM

I think that is stupid. If you can't beat up a guy because he's larger than you, then you might want to gain some f*cking weight. I hate weight divisions. But that is what boxing and MMA do to make more money. I don't think just because you weigh less, you should be known as one of the best fighters in the world when almost all the heavyweights would knock your ass out. It should be about the best fighter in the world, not best fighter per pound. We don't have an NFL for people who aren't tall or weigh below 165 lbs do we?

wild1
07-12-2009, 12:17 PM

People are stupid.

He won the fight. Doesn't matter what he did. He had the winning technique.

But.. maybe you are right. a guy who was 106-5 or whatever in college and who was the Division I heavyweight wrestling champion may not be a very good wrestler.

RedNeckRaider
07-12-2009, 12:21 PM
LMAO Kung Fu Elvis predicts UFC 100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEDpJ3AftlM&feature=fvw

Crashride
07-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I will say that this sport was created by the Gracies and there weren't any weight classes. Lets not forget all the lesner haters...Mir studies BJJ. Its meant to beat bigger opponents. It worked the first match VERY well. But Lesner trained harder and learned how to defend. To say Lesner has no skill is RIDICULOUS.

Crashride
07-12-2009, 12:23 PM
He won the fight. Doesn't matter what he did. He had the winning technique.

But.. maybe you are right. a guy who was 106-5 or whatever in college and who was the Division I heavyweight wrestling champion may not be a very good wrestler.

Thank you! :clap::clap::clap:

riskrevival
07-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Alves was at 190 last night against GSP's 170, so weight doesnt mean everything. Brock may have used his size against Mir, but that will eventually catch up to him.

Halfcan
07-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Nothing makes me happier than watching arrogant shit-talkers get knocked on their ass.

Seeing that fraud Bisping get knocked the **** out by Hendo was worth the price of admission. Lesnar going full heel after making Mir his bitch was the cherry on top.

And on a totally different train of thought, an ironic one after how much I loved heel Lesnar, GSP is my favorite fighter in the world now. Guy is total class, shows up to the pre-fight press conference in a suit and tie when the rest of the ****s come in looking like slobs in t-shirts, doesn't disrepect anybody and then fights through an injury nobody would have known he had if we couldn't hear his corner. Dude makes it look easy.

Excellent post! I agree-GSP is nearly unbeatable on the ground. He is my fav fighter too.

TRR
07-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I completely understand that Lesnar was a superb wrestler in college. However, what Lesnar has done his entire MMA career has nothing to do with his wrestling skill. He laid on top of Mir using his weight advantage (like every fight) and put himself in a position to pound on him until he gets stood up or knocks him out...period. It works and he wins...nothing can be said about that...I'm just saying he needs to do it in his own weight class.

Multiple posters have said that when MMA started there were no weight classes...When MMA started, it made no money and was ready to fold like a tent. If you want no weight classes then have GSP fight Lesnar, and Mir fight Alves! You can't have it both ways.

The bottom line is that right now, there is nobody BIG enough to handle Lesnar. It has nothing to do with skill.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
07-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Lesnar is a fuckin stud. Fedor vs Lesnar would bring in mega bucks. That is the fight EVERYONE wants to see.

And IIRC, this Aug fight is Fedor's last fight with his Affliction contract. After that he's a FA. I'm more than sure that Affliction will try hard as shit to re-sign him, but Dana White said last night that he wants Fedor and he will sign him. I'm sure it will take a lot of money to sign him, but Dana has the bucks to do it. This Mir-Lesnar fight was a huge PPV buy.

Dana says he wants a Fedor/Lesnar fight. If that happens it will shatter PPV records.

RedNeckRaider
07-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I completely understand that Lesnar was a superb wrestler in college. However, what Lesnar has done his entire MMA career has nothing to do with his wrestling skill. He laid on top of Mir using his weight advantage (like every fight) and put himself in a position to pound on him until he gets stood up or knocks him out...period. It works and he wins...nothing can be said about that...I'm just saying he needs to do it in his own weight class.

Multiple posters have said that when MMA started there were no weight classes...When MMA started, it made no money and was ready to fold like a tent. If you want no weight classes then have GSP fight Lesnar, and Mir fight Alves! You can't have it both ways.

The bottom line is that right now, there is nobody BIG enough to handle Lesnar. It has nothing to do with skill.
Posted via Mobile Device

What do you suggest that he should not be able to fight? I think saying he has no skill is rather silly.

ChiefsFanatic
07-12-2009, 03:35 PM
In the first fight, Lesnar knocked Mir down when exchanging punches. Mir had the superior ground game, and forced Lesnar to tap.

In the second fight, Lesnar had the superior ground game, and forced the ref to stop the fight.

So, why would anyone say that Lesnar could not stand up with Mir? Mir trained hard too. He just got beat.

Lesnar put in the time training, he worked hard, and he was prepared. People who can't get over the fact that Lesnar was in the WWE will always find someway to make excuses for his opponents when they lose.

Chuck Lidell has an accounting degree. Most people who hate accountants usually make excuses for his opponents when they lose.

Rich Franklin was a high school teacher. People who hated their teachers always made excuses for his opponents when he beat them.

People, don't be stupid. What MMA fighters used to do has no bearing on what they do in the octagon.

Valiant
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM

People are stupid.

He used lots of technique on the ground, people just want to overlook it because of his size.. He lost against mir the first time because he let up for a second and got caught.. You know like all other fighters, but people just want to call out Lesner for his size..

He is an accomplished wrestler and has a championship I believe..

I was skeptical of him at first, but he will keep improving and probably hold the belt for a while until someone is able to keep him standing up and go after his weak points.. Which is standing up and his size/reaction to a much faster fighter..

I think Fedor and him would be a great match that would live up to the hype..

Valiant
07-12-2009, 05:58 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Yet you don't have an answer for GSP defeating heavier fighters??

Lesnar used his skill as a wrestler to stay on top of Mir so he did not stand a chance.. If you don't see that then you have a weakness in watching fights that don't comply with your opinion objectively..

It is not his weight people are having problems with.. It is his size, weight, speed and skills.. Guys like him are not suppose to have that many tangibles..

chop
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
His size is a huge advantage in the heavyweight division but he does have some skills also. I don't think he is a complete MMA fighter and he does rely on his size to help win fights (nothing wrong with that). If he were 30lbs lighter he wouldn't be heavyweight champion with the skills he has IMO. He uses what he has to his benefit, again, nothing wrong with that.

TheGuardian
07-12-2009, 06:54 PM
He used lots of technique on the ground, people just want to overlook it because of his size.. He lost against mir the first time because he let up for a second and got caught.. You know like all other fighters, but people just want to call out Lesner for his size..

He is an accomplished wrestler and has a championship I believe..

I was skeptical of him at first, but he will keep improving and probably hold the belt for a while until someone is able to keep him standing up and go after his weak points.. Which is standing up and his size/reaction to a much faster fighter..

I think Fedor and him would be a great match that would live up to the hype..

He didn't use any technique on the ground. If he did, by all means tell me what it was because he didn't do anything besides hold Frank's wrist.

SEcond, Fedor will destroy Lesnar, and do it quite easily.

mdstu
07-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Lesnar is the champion and has mad skills, but comparing the weight difference between GSP - Alves and Lesnar - Mir is absurd.

GSP and Alves both weighed in at 170 lbs, while Lesnar weighed in at the heavyweight max of 265lbs and Mir at 245lbs. Lesnar was obviously not 265 in the fight just like Alves obviously wasn't 170.

CoMoChief
07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
:clap: anyone who denies that need to look at the career of Bob Sapp. size only gets you so far.

Brock has a better wrestling background than most in MMA. Lesnar is completely different than Sapp.

kcpasco
07-12-2009, 07:18 PM
The Henderson KO of Bisping made my night, cause i have a few British friends.

One of the most epic KO's in MMA history, and Bisping had it coming.

Mecca
07-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Lesnar is considerably smaller than he once was, which is rather scary..he also should use his wrestling music..

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NE8bFuwcovA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NE8bFuwcovA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

macdawg
07-12-2009, 07:20 PM
It is not his weight people are having problems with.. It is his size, weight, speed and skills.. Guys like him are not suppose to have that many tangibles..

thread over

if Brock has no skill then any roidhead bodybuilder could walk in and win UFC heavyweight division, which has never been the case. Him being a National wrestling Champ, with that kind of size/strength, with proper training, and its a no brainer he would be UFC heavyweight champ.

No one can stop Lesnars takedowns and ground and pound, even Fedor.

kcpasco
07-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Henderson has always been my favorite fighter, I liked him back in Pride.

I hope he can beat Silva, but I seriously doubt it.

BigVE
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Henderson has always been my favorite fighter, I liked him back in Pride.

I hope he can beat Silva, but I seriously doubt it.

He is the only fighter in recent memory to even give Silva a real fight so YES he does have a decent chance.

Sully
07-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Lesnar is considerably smaller than he once was, which is rather scary..he also should use his wrestling music.

Speaking of music, I got a kick put of the Japanese guy who walked in the Andrea Bocelli "time to say goodbye."

xbarretx
07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Brock has a better wrestling background than most in MMA. Lesnar is completely different than Sapp.

i concur as my comment was mainly tongue in cheek. However, too many are jumping on the bandwagon. as i said earlier, he laid on him and did a good job at controlling Mir's arms, and won fare and square. cant take that from him, and his post fight apology seemed to take some of the heat off of him. My only point about Sapp was no matter how strong you are, that will only get you so far. otherwise how else could Gracie make the huge mofo's tap. Mir's gameplan wasnt executed and he paid for it. Frank knows MMA, make no mistake about that, as he said it after the fight...he just made a rookie mistake and he paid for it. ill Take Hendo's wresting over Brocks any day of the week.

no harm CoMo, the card overall GREATLY whipped my expectations :clap: so as far as im concerned, good fight, good night :)

xbarretx
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Speaking of music, I got a kick put of the Japanese guy who walked in the Andrea Bocelli "time to say goodbye."

or Dylans "Hurricane" (sp?)

Fishpicker
07-13-2009, 02:32 AM
the Lesnar skill vs no-skill debate is pointless. Lesnar is a competent MMA fighter but he wins fights due to his strength and athleticism. those are attributes, not skills.

He won the second fight vs Mir because he had a good game plan. His game plan made the most of his size and strength. he doesn't need picture perfect technique if he can rag doll an opponent.

on the other hand; Pro-wrestling is a BJJ-killer.

Mecca
07-13-2009, 02:56 AM
This is from Meltzer..

A ton of interesting reaction to last night. I'm going to give my old boxing speech with a little bit of a twist. Anyone who has ripped on every athlete who at times shows unsportsmanlike like behavior can say anything they want about Brock Lesnar and that's fine. For those who think that it is going to mean more people will tune out UFC than people he has hooked as fans who want to see him get beat, you are probably as dead wrong as the people who said the same thing about Ali. For those who think Lesnar was a disgrace to the UFC for doing WWE antics, read a real history lesson of how the sport got popular. Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie doing WWE interviews, and the funny thing is nobody was more arrogant on his interviews than Gracie, but he was small and beat big guys at first so he backed it up and became the first legend. Shamrock and Tito in 2002 saved UFC when it was one step from death. Did they save it because they were the top two fighters in the world on that night and all these sports fans wanted to pay to find out who was really No. 1?

No. They saved it because they went on "Best Damn Sports Show Period" and cut pro wrestling promos on each other and with no television at all, 150,000 people bought their PPV match, and the UFC owners realized that there was potential in this money losing outfit.

The real history that all the UFC historical retrospectives left out, was that it was the TV shows the two weeks before the Leben vs. Koscheck fight on Ultimate Fighter that was the real building blocks for the success of the sport, not the Griffin and Bonnar fight as has been reported in many places over the past week. Leben vs. Koscheck in a taped match in front of a dozen people in a warehouse like gym drew a higher rating than Griffin and Bonnar did.

In no way do I want to diminish that Griffin-Bonnar was the perfect fight on the perfect night and in the long-term helped more, because they delivered the great fight as opposed to just the great hype that delivered television ratings, but disappointed in the end. What was Matt Serra before Montreal? What was Frank Mir and Michael Bisping this past week? Play some tapes of Ali's promos for Frazier.

There are a lot of very good reasons not to like Brock Lesnar. But whatever media and Hardcore backlash there is against him, which admittedly is some of the most entertaining stuff in a long time, is because he's a former WWE wrestler, not for anything he did. Tank Abbott flipped off fans, and said he was sexually aroused when watching a replay of his match with Paul Varelans. Was Lesnar doing it anymore than Tito Ortiz and his Gay Mezger is my bitch T-shirt, or his grave digging, and take Ortiz out of the history of this sport (and some people are attempting to do that as we speak), and 2006's records never exist. Take 2006 out of the sport's history and you're at a completely different level of interest, media acceptance and CBS, Showtime, and others never get into this game in the first place. The most important fight in getting mainstream interest was a crap third fight with Ortiz and Shamrock. Buy rates mean something to company profitability, but in the media world, ratings are king, because it's a world they understand. What very slowly got the mainstream media into MMA, and as Dana White likes to remind me, took me from one place in life to another, is the media couldn't deny the ratings of the Ortiz-Shamrock match in 2006 on Spike when in 18-34 males it beat several games of that year's World Series. Was that the two best fighters in the world vying to see who was really No. 1? No, it was just a match that the two combatants and the promotion made people want to see more than any other match up to that point in history. And those viewers seeing that crap fight were so turned off by it, that a few months later, when the natural build led to Ortiz vs. Chuck Liddell, the company's bank account grew like never before.

We watched people piss in beds and piss in fruit and jack off on sushi, and guess what, more people still watched last night's PPV than any non-boxing event in history most likely. But some guy cutting a WWE-style promo, which Frank Mir and Michael Bisping both did better than he did on television over the past week, is going to turn off more people than he turns on. Hell, if guys in WWE were cutting WWE style promos as good as Mir, Bisping and Lesnar, WWE would be the one whose business would be turning around. When you actually think about the argument, it's almost absurd.

Could it hurt sanctioning in New York and Massachusetts? It's a weird world we live in and anything is possible. In a logical world, that punch Dan Henderson threw was 100 times worse, but you never know how things can mushroom. But I'm guessing it will have no effect. But you never know.

If you are consistent in your beliefs, that's cool. If you're a reactionary fool on this one, calm down and look at the world, and sports in general. When boxing people say what Lesnar did was worse than anything Mike Tyson did, I'm baffled. Did he bite a man's ear off? Did he threaten to eat any children? He cut the best and most talked about promo of his life and what will be the single most talked about promo of the year. And that's bad? Why, because he came from WWE? Why don't they blame the University of Minnesota while we're at it. Is anyone aware of how Lesnar acted as the U of M wrestling matches during his junior and senior year when they had dual meets against the other powers and fans booed him out of the small gyms? Dana White can say Lesnar was acting, and he has to, but he was just being himself, ratcheted up a few notches, because he is in the sports business, which is why he trained his ass off. But he's in the entertainment business, which is why 1 million or more people plucked down $45 last night.

Why is he now the biggest PPV draw in the world since Oscar De La Hoya is now retired? And by the way, when Oscar De La Hoya set his record two years ago, answer this question: Was the reason he set the record because he had an adversary who was or wasn't playing a villain role on purpose to drum up interest in his match?

Because Lesnar became a celebrity from WWE, and because of that, a lot of people like paying to see him fight, either to beat people up, or to get beat up. Who drew more new fans to the sport this past year, St. Pierre, Anderson Silva, Fedor or Lesnar?

Some great athletes really aren't nice guys. But that doesn't diminish them as athletes, nor hurt their sport one iota. In the plethora of stories, how many people mentioned how many new fans Lesnar has made for UFC with his fight with Mir and fight with Couture getting hundreds of thousands of first-time buyers? One of the key reasons UFC 100 is going to set records and has already started setting them even before the first PPV returns have come in, is because Brock Lesnar came from WWE and he can really fight. Guess what? The fact that some people look their noses up or have nervous breakdowns about the latter part of the statement is exactly the emotional reaction that makes him so valuable to the sport in the first place. No, it's not the WWE. You have to really be able to fight.

What Lesnar did by ripping on Bud Lite, particularly come so soon after the Dana White/Loretta Hunt deal, was absolutely bad for the company. That's the company'ss leading sponsor, and if I was Dana White, I'd be furious over that one. That was stupid, but I doubt Lesnar was aware of the White/Hunt thing and how everything went down from that. He was just trying to be funny, and actually, if it wasn't the lead sponsor and the timing wasn't absolutely horrible, it would have been funny. Hell, that was the one thing he said that almost the entire crowd cheered and laughed at live. But that line also had zero impact on fans paying money to see him beaten the next time he fights.

But for every MMA fan who criticizes Lesnar's behavior as bad for the sport, it was not even within an earshot of the two worst things of this past week. Just in the last few days, what did Quinton Jackson do a reporter? And then the professional fighter as opposed to a blowhard pro wrestler nearly got into a fight with another fighter at the show last night? Has Lesnar ever got in a situation while at ringside at a UFC show that he ever nearly came to blows with someone? And it's not like Jackson had a spotless track record over the last year. Or what if Lesnar did what Dan Henderson did, which was something a whole lot more significant?

But it got nowhere near the reaction. It's all about emotion and frame of reference. GSP is a babyface that people wanted to see win, and they were happy to see him do the right game plan to achieve his victory. Dan Henderson was there to shut up a loudmouth Brit who was obviously playing a role. And he shut him up, and then shut him up once time extra for bad measure. Lesnar was a heel people wanted to see lose, and were furious to see him succeeding with a game plan that was working. All of those elements were part of the emotions of the night. The goal, in the end, is to make people care.

The history of what has drawn the biggest PPV numbers, what made the sport and saved the sport is a lesson very much worth examining for anyone arguing about what is good or bad for the future of the sport. That duality of the reaction of the crowd live, and a large percentage of those who complained about Lesnar's tactics (but not all), says something pretty significant about MMA and its fan base.

That's not even a bad thing. But it's simply accepting the truth of what all of this is, as opposed to people who live in the world of pretend. And then somehow complain about pro wrestling.

PhillyChiefFan
07-13-2009, 05:40 AM
The Henderson KO of Bisping made my night, cause i have a few British friends.

One of the most epic KO's in MMA history, and Bisping had it coming.

:clap: Me too! When he went down, we all jumped to our feet and cheered. For some reason I can't stand Bisping.

Katipan
07-13-2009, 06:17 AM
I didn't read this whole thread but holy fuck what a beautiful night.

Wish Henderson was better. Really do. But the entire night he was going for the same thing. Like a bitch with an itch the man missed with that right 1.5 million times before Bisping was clumsy enough with his timing. Really adore Hendo. Loved the flying unnecessary beat down but all Silva's gotta do is move to his right.

Lesnar is a piece of shit brainwashed with the kind of whoop ti doo crap that comes from Wrestling. But he fights like my psycho fights now that age and bad knees have taken their toll. He lays on people and beats the shit out of them. End result of a fight is to always win... Don't understand the purists that would prefer a more technical fighter. Don't get stuck under him and you'll be okay. Hell, just don't get stuck under his big meat hook and you'll have a chance. It's not like the man knows anything else. I have little doubt it's exactly the same way he climbs on top of his wife.

He had zero influence in my purchasing the fights and I will certainly still roll my eyes at Pro Wrestling.

Still hate GSP.

PhillyChiefFan
07-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Lesnar is a piece of shit brainwashed with the kind of whoop ti doo crap that comes from Wrestling. But he fights like my psycho fights now that age and bad knees have taken their toll. He lays on people and beats the shit out of them. End result of a fight is to always win... Don't understand the purists that would prefer a more technical fighter. Don't get stuck under him and you'll be okay. Hell, just don't get stuck under his big meat hook and you'll have a chance. It's not like the man knows anything else. I have little doubt it's exactly the same way he climbs on top of his wife.

What a douche. I was pissed from the get go when he didn't touch gloves before the fight. Mir beat him in the first bout and Lesnar made a complete ass out of himself b/c he lost in submission.

I think he lost a lot of fans, and the few people that wanted him to win by flipping off the crowd and then spouting off irrelevant bullshit after the fight.

Mecca
07-13-2009, 07:52 AM
What a douche. I was pissed from the get go when he didn't touch gloves before the fight. Mir beat him in the first bout and Lesnar made a complete ass out of himself b/c he lost in submission.

I think he lost a lot of fans, and the few people that wanted him to win by flipping off the crowd and then spouting off irrelevant bullshit after the fight.

Dude heel 101, a fight having a bad guy makes more people want to buy it. It's pure genius on his part.

Crashride
07-13-2009, 08:41 AM

This is what I dont understand, Mir was talking WAY MORE shit than lesner. Hell Lesner was man enough to admit he made some rookie mistakes and that he wouldnt make them again. But when he doesnt tap gloves and avenges his first loss, against the man talking all the shit in the first place, he is the heel. OF COUSE he is gonna be all fired up talking shit after the fight he just accomplished his goal. He isnt out there running people over in his truck like some fighters

macdawg
07-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Wish Henderson was better. Really do. But the entire night he was going for the same thing. Like a bitch with an itch the man missed with that right 1.5 million times before Bisping was clumsy enough with his timing.

yeah Henderson sucks, I mean Bitchping was only KTFO for 3-4 minutes, if he was any good Bitchping would have been out for 10+ minutes.

BigCatDaddy
07-13-2009, 08:49 AM
I can't believe all the hate going on for Brock here. The dude has dominated 3 first class MMA fighters in his first 5 fights. You have to give the guy his due if you like him or not.

Katipan
07-13-2009, 08:52 AM
yeah Henderson sucks, I mean Bitchping was only KTFO for 3-4 minutes, if he was any good Bitchping would have been out for 10+ minutes.

You're brilliant. Really are. Happy you contributed.

Katipan
07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
I can't believe all the hate going on for Brock here. The dude has dominated 3 first class MMA fighters in his first 5 fights. You have to give the guy his due if you like him or not.

I did. Sort of.

Can't find fault with GSP but I hate him too.

Crashride
07-13-2009, 08:56 AM
I did. Sort of.

Can't find fault with GSP but I hate him too.

Ya know I feel the same way. GSP is just sooo good i wanted to see alves beat him. I have no real reason why I dont dislike him though.

MOhillbilly
07-13-2009, 09:04 AM
watched the fight and there was a dude who was wearing a lesnar shirt running his mouth. So when i told him to stfd & stfu and he didnt i threw him to the ground and choked him out.
:)

keg in kc
07-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I think the reason I like GSP is the reason so many people don't; he's not what most folks would call "normal" for a fighter, or for an athlete in general. Like I mentioned earlier, he shows up to pressers in a suit. He doesn't talk shit on his opponents. He's always calm and collected. He's cerebral in a way that most fighters aren't. He's good, and he knows it, but his carriage is more confident than cocky. He's sort of like a nerdy professor in a room full of bar room brawlers. A nerdy professor who can kick ass. And I think that's cool. He just seems like a nice guy, and I think it's good to have somebody out there who isn't a meathead, or a farm boy, or a kid from the inner city streets, or all the other random stereotypes that we're all familiar with.

There's also the whole French Canadian thing, which I couldn't care less about, but there's a lot of that "USA! USA! USA!" thing going on in MMA, and he's a dirty foreigner.

'course I also may just be full of shit.

CoMoChief
07-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Brock has simply been dominant in every fight he's been in, including the first Mir fight where he got caught in that knee bar, but up to that point, he was controlling Mir almost with no effort at all.

His style as a MMA fighter is wrestling, so his game is to take it to the ground and ground n pound. I dont understand the argument that he's doing good just because his size. Listen to a lot of fighter's interviews and the fighters claim "I've submitted/beaten people stronger and bigger than him."

Well problem is fighters his size generally dont have the blend of speed, power, strength, and size that Lesnar has. He uses it to his advantage and you know what? In a real fight outside of a ring when you're fighting you can't bitch about someone being bigger than you - you have to fight them regardless of size.

Moral of the story........you fight to win, doesn't matter how you do it as long as it's legal. Lesnar uses his strength power and size to make his opponent immobile. And what the **** is this "technical fighter" argument??? That doesn't make any sense, is Chuck Liddell a technical fighter??? All fighters have strengths and weaknesses. They use their strengths and try to get better in things they need to improve on. Brock's standup game probably needs a little work. But so what?!?! He will get better which is a dangerously scarey thing to say. Because even now when he hits people, they know it because their face gets smashed from a fist that the same size as most people's heads are big.

Fact is: when Lesnar gets the fight to the ground and gets on top, you're screwed. He knows, his opponents know it, MMA fans know it and want to bitch about technical fighting. That term doesn't make any sense, almost no heavyweight is a technical fighter, Fedor is as close as it gets maybe, I havent seen him fight but maybe twice, and if Mir is labeled as "technical" then technical just got it's ass totally kicked. It's called MMA for a reason, lots of different fighting styles. Lesnar's style is wrestling, and he's got great credentials from it and gives him a solid background for fighting in this league. It works.....people need to stop bitching. He's the real deal folks. Whether you like him or hate him, he should carry that belt for a while. He hates to lose. He's very competetive in nature and has the drive to be great. He has the tools to be great in this league.

JASONSAUTO
07-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Brock has simply been dominant in every fight he's been in, including the first Mir fight where he got caught in that knee bar, but up to that point, he was controlling Mir almost with no effort at all.

His style as a MMA fighter is wrestling, so his game is to take it to the ground and ground n pound. I dont understand the argument that he's doing good just because his size. Listen to a lot of fighter's interviews and the fighters claim "I've submitted/beaten people stronger and bigger than him."

Well problem is fighters his size generally dont have the blend of speed, power, strength, and size that Lesnar has. He uses it to his advantage and you know what? In a real fight outside of a ring when you're fighting you can't bitch about someone being bigger than you - you have to fight them regardless of size.

Moral of the story........you fight to win, doesn't matter how you do it as long as it's legal. Lesnar uses his strength power and size to make his opponent immobile. And what the fuck is this "technical fighter" argument??? That doesn't make any sense, is Chuck Liddell a technical fighter??? All fighters have strengths and weaknesses. They use their strengths and try to get better in things they need to improve on. Brock's standup game probably needs a little work. But so what?!?! He will get better which is a dangerously scarey thing to say. Because even now when he hits people, they know it because their face gets smashed from a fist that the same size as most people's heads are big.

Fact is: when Lesnar gets the fight to the ground and gets on top, you're screwed. He knows, his opponents know it, MMA fans know it and want to bitch about technical fighting. That term doesn't make any sense.

IMO the best thing to happen to lesnar is mir's quote "lesnar needs to learn to hit harder" lesnar listened and didnt use those baby 1" away hammer fists. this fight he wailed away even on the ground with real coming at ya punches

CoMoChief
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
IMO the best thing to happen to lesnar is mir's quote "lesnar needs to learn to hit harder" lesnarf listened and didnt use those baby 1" away hammer fists. this fight he wailed away even on the ground with real coming at ya punches

ROFL no shit, and did you see Mir's face after the fight?!?!? Looked like he went through 12 rds of a boxing match, him obviously being on the losing end of that. This is the picture when Lesnar taunted him after the fight. Mir looks like he seen a ghost.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/sat.ufc.100/content.2.html

It doesn't even look like him. His face is just completely swolen. This leads to what I said previously. His fists are as big as most people's heads are, so if he lands a square landed punch, your whole face is going to feel it.

raybec 4
07-13-2009, 10:19 AM
ROFL no shit, and did you see Mir's face after the fight?!?!? Looked like he went through 12 rds of a boxing match, him obviously being on the losing end of that. This is the picture when Lesnar taunted him after the fight. Mir looks like he seen a ghost.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/sat.ufc.100/content.2.html

It doesn't even look like him. His face is just completely swolen. This leads to what I said previously. His fists are as big as most people's heads are, so if he lands a square landed punch, your whole face is going to feel it.

Mir is a pretty weak heavyweight, Cain Velasquez or Shane Carwin will give Lesnar all he wants when the time comes.

CoMoChief
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Mir is a pretty weak heavyweight, Cain Velasquez or Shane Carwin will give Lesnar all he wants when the time comes.

Those 2 fighters couldn't hold Brock's jockstrap.

Really the UFC Heavyweight division was already weak before Lesnar arrived. They had someone whos not really a true heavyweight win and was holding the HW belt (Coture).

UFC needs Fedor. They need the best (right now) Heavyweight compete in the league with what could be MMA's biggest star (Lesnar).

JASONSAUTO
07-13-2009, 10:35 AM

:shake: AND im a fedor fan

BigCatDaddy
07-13-2009, 10:59 AM

I like Carwin, but this.

raybec 4
07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
:shake: AND im a fedor fan

I don't know where the retarded head shake comes in, compared to most other heavyweights Mir is not a strong guy. I have trained grappling for a ton of years and sometimes technique can't compensate for raw power. It's just a fact.

BigVE
07-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't know where the retarded head shake comes in, compared to most other heavyweights Mir is not a strong guy. I have trained grappling for a ton of years and sometimes technique can't compensate for raw power. It's just a fact.

Yet sometimes it can. Look at the GSP vs. Alves fight....Alves was MUCH bigger and much stronger but GSP's superior skills/technique made Alves look like a punk, which he is not. BUT, right now Lesnar's size and strength advantage is HUGE so it's going to take a special type of fighter to beat him and other than Fedor I dont see it anywhere in MMA right now.

keg in kc
07-13-2009, 11:53 AM
This is what's good about Brock; we're talking about him. He's a draw, his fans will pay to watch him maul someone, and his detractors will pay to hopefully watch him lose. Like it or not, except for the hardest of the hardcore audience, fights don't sell themselves. It takes personality and you have to convince the viewer than they have some personal stake, a reason to dish out 50 bucks. That's why UFC runs Countdown specials and TUF. Boxing's been doing it for years, and so did the WWE. It's all about setting up favorites, good guys and bad guys, grudges and bad blood, a spectacle.

This is the big ugly secret: it basically is professional wrestling, done better than the professional wrestling organizations are doing it. The only difference, and the one that makes it a sport rather than "sports entertainment" is that the outcomes aren't pre-determined. Hopefully.

I thought Lesnar was over the top Saturday, and I think he needs to tone it back, but I think he's going to be really, really good for PPV sales over the next 12 months. Which is exactly why Dana brought him in. Purists may hate it, the other fighters may (and do) hate it. But it's a business, and, man, it's booming and only going to get bigger.

JASONSAUTO
07-13-2009, 11:57 AM

did you watch their last fight? mir looked very ripped, more so than i have ever seen. and yes most of the time technique WILL win out over raw power

BigVE
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
did you watch their last fight? mir looked very ripped, more so than i have ever seen. and yes most of the time technique WILL win out over raw power

Being "ripped" and being strong do not go hand in hand. I would agree that Mir looked as good as I have ever seen him. Mir is a technical fighter and always will be...strength is not his forte.

Chiefnj2
07-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Is the UFC negotiating with ESPN for television coverage of the fights?

BigVE
07-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Is the UFC negotiating with ESPN for television coverage of the fights?

Not that I have heard but it wouldn't surprise me.

raybec 4
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM

Yeah, ripped does not equal strong and if you were watching the same fight you would have seen raw power beat technique, it happens. I never said it always goes that way but it sometimes does. There was what amounted to a 2 weight class difference at fight time. In todays MMA you won't see the top level guys who all have incredible skill have enough of a gap in talent to be able to overcome that much of a strength difference.

MOhillbilly
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
There was what amounted to a 2 weight class difference at fight time. In todays MMA you won't see the top level guys who all have incredible skill have enough of a gap in talent to be able to overcome that much of a strength difference.

This could become a problem for the heavys. Whos out there to challenge lesnar?

Brock
07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I think Fedor will probably murder him when he gets the chance.

CoMoChief
07-13-2009, 02:18 PM

Eh I dont know. It would be the fight of the century in MMA thats for sure. Brock definately is more powerful than anyone Fedor has fought. Brock is I think....a better wrestler than him. If Brock got on top of him Lesnar would have the advantage. He controls the fight at that position.

TheGuardian
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Eh I dont know. It would be the fight of the century in MMA thats for sure. Brock definately is more powerful than anyone Fedor has fought. Brock is I think....a better wrestler than him. If Brock got on top of him Lesnar would have the advantage. He controls the fight at that position.

This is dumb. Epic fail. Fedor has had bigger and stronger guys on top of him than Cock 1-trick-pony Lesnar.

ChiefsFanatic
07-13-2009, 08:23 PM
I think the reason I like GSP is the reason so many people don't; he's not what most folks would call "normal" for a fighter, or for an athlete in general. Like I mentioned earlier, he shows up to pressers in a suit. He doesn't talk shit on his opponents. He's always calm and collected. He's cerebral in a way that most fighters aren't. He's good, and he knows it, but his carriage is more confident than cocky. He's sort of like a nerdy professor in a room full of bar room brawlers. A nerdy professor who can kick ass. And I think that's cool. He just seems like a nice guy, and I think it's good to have somebody out there who isn't a meathead, or a farm boy, or a kid from the inner city streets, or all the other random stereotypes that we're all familiar with.

There's also the whole French Canadian thing, which I couldn't care less about, but there's a lot of that "USA! USA! USA!" thing going on in MMA, and he's a dirty foreigner.

'course I also may just be full of shit.

These are the same reasons I like GSP. He just fights. To me, he is a lot like Tim Duncan. He goes out and does his job, he knows he is good, but does not feel the need to tell everyone, and he wins.

ChiefsFanatic
07-13-2009, 08:29 PM

The Loss Column is full of guys who were going to "murder" someone. Most recently Jackson was going to "murder" Griffin. Sylvia was going to "murder" an old should-have-been-retired Randy Couture. Etc, etc.

I am not saying that Lesnar would beat Fedor, or the other way around. I just think that making predictions is stupid. You can have reasons why you think a fighter would win against another, but until the fight is over, no one knows.

ChiefsFanatic
07-13-2009, 08:42 PM
This is dumb. Epic fail. Fedor has had bigger and stronger guys on top of him than Cock 1-trick-pony Lesnar.

You are clearly just a nuthugger. So, instead of making intelligent, meaningful points on why Fedor would win, you just keep making an ass out of yourself by dismissing what Brock has done because you hug another fighter's nuts.

Lesnar's MMA style is wrestling. So was Matt Hughes'. So is Diego Sanchez's. So is John Fitch's. So is Josh Koscheck. And so on and so on. So far in his career, Lesnar has not has to master stand-up, but why couldn't he? He was submitted in his first fight, and four fights later the same BJJ blackbelt was helpless from the guard.

I would love to see Fedor fight Lesnar. As an MMA fan, that would be amazing to watch.

TheGuardian
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
You are clearly just a nuthugger. So, instead of making intelligent, meaningful points on why Fedor would win, you just keep making an ass out of yourself by dismissing what Brock has done because you hug another fighter's nuts.

Lesnar's MMA style is wrestling. So was Matt Hughes'. So is Diego Sanchez's. So is John Fitch's. So is Josh Koscheck. And so on and so on. So far in his career, Lesnar has not has to master stand-up, but why couldn't he? He was submitted in his first fight, and four fights later the same BJJ blackbelt was helpless from the guard.

Because not everyone can master something else. I'm sure Tito tried like hell to get better at his stand up, but he was just never going to be an elite stand up fighter. Brock looks about as sloppy and shitty standing up as one can at that level. Lucky for him, he can get by on his size and strength. But when someone comes along that can nullify that, he's done as a fighter because he's a one trick pony.

And the only one nut hugging here is you on Lesnar. I'm just very aware of what a bad ass Fedor is, and the fact is he will in fact destroy Brock quite easily.

I would love to see Fedor fight Lesnar. As an MMA fan, that would be amazing to watch.

Not really. Brock would be lucky to make it out of the first round. Fedor has beaten bigger and stronger and more skilled, and done it easily.

ChiefsFanatic
07-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Because not everyone can master something else. I'm sure Tito tried like hell to get better at his stand up, but he was just never going to be an elite stand up fighter. Brock looks about as sloppy and shitty standing up as one can at that level. Lucky for him, he can get by on his size and strength. But when someone comes along that can nullify that, he's done as a fighter because he's a one trick pony.

And the only one nut hugging here is you on Lesnar. I'm just very aware of what a bad ass Fedor is, and the fact is he will in fact destroy Brock quite easily.

Not really. Brock would be lucky to make it out of the first round. Fedor has beaten bigger and stronger and more skilled, and done it easily.

I am not that big of a Lesnar fan. However, I am not so stupid that I would dismiss his skills and abilities because I don't like him, and that is what you are doing. You have no idea about Lesnar's chin, because no one has ever been able to hit him hard enough to test it.

Fedor is a great champion. No doubt about it. And at one time everyone thought Tyson was unbeatable too. I guess we will see what kind of heart Fedor has when Dana comes calling. Is Fedor all about the money, or will he want to prove he is still the best? I am not saying he should fight for free, but the negotiations that have kept him out of the UFC are a two-way street.

Mecca
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Guardian strikes me as one of those guys who has a severe issue with Brock because of his pro wrestling past.

Mecca
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
http://heymanhustle.craveonline.com/blogs/21038-paul-heyman-brock-lesnar-the-ultimate-heel-for-ufc

Paul Heyman: Brock Lesnar The Ultimate Heel For UFC

We want them to fight.

We want them to engage in what can be near-mortal combat, and to either curl up their hands, and swing at a human being's head with malicious force in the desire to knock the other competitor into unconsciousness; or to physically manipulate the opponent's body in such a degree that either pain or fear of permanent injury causes a paid athlete to "tap out," aka "to quit," aka "to forfeit the right to continue competing in this particular contest."

And then we want them to shake hands, be nice, and say all the politically correct things like "I respect my opponent," and "it was a privilege to fight an athlete of his caliber."

WTF?

When you fight, you fight.

And when you do fight, the object of said battle is to knock out or tap out your opponent before that opponent does it to you.

Pretty simple equation, if you're the one who stands as a bulls eye for the trained bad ass standing across the Octagon from you.

What type of mindset does it take to enter the cage, knowing your opponent has trained feverishly in the art of intricately locking up the human body so that if you don't submit/surrender/quit/tap, your ligaments can rip, your tendons can tear, your bones can snap (remember Frank Mir breaking Tim Sylvia's forearm en route to winning the UFC Title)?

What type of mindset does it take to enter that cage, with the knowledge that you're exposing yourself to such risks, and to have the uninhibited willingness to inflict such pain, suffering, and damage to another human being?

Think about that for a moment.

And then ask yourself, "should I truly expect such a person to be the consummate sportsman?"

It doesn't matter the sport has become a billion dollar enterprise, cleaned up to an extent for the athletic commissions to regulate, or that MMA --or, more specifically-- UFC's version of Mixed Martial Arts has become the fastest growing sport on the globe.

What matters is, at the core, the name of the promotion is still Ultimate FIGHTING Championships.

It's a fight. And in the world of the Ultimate Fight game today, there is no one who has created the level of interest for the sport more than the UFC Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World, Brock Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar is a professional fighter, and he is quite comfortable accepting the risks associated with his choice of vocation. He's even more comfortable protecting himself from those risks, and doing damage to the opponent before the opponent does damage to him. As a matter of fact, Brock enjoys doing damage. He likes to hurt living creatures.

An enthusiastic hunter and ice fisher, Brock achieves a spiritual orgasm in pursuit of, and completion (let's not say "climax" and "orgasm" in the same sentence) of the kill.

He's not a sweet, kind, gentle man who has decided to feed his family by entering a sweet science, a gentleman's brawl, a civilized competition to determine which man has mastered the Octagon.

He's a vicious, brutal, mean spirited competitor whose obsessive drive with pushing himself past his own
glass ceiling of "this is how high Brock Lesnar can go" (even if he's already number one) creates an atmosphere so intense, most people in their right minds just can't hang with it.

Brock Lesnar is not Mike Tyson. He's not out at night, looking for trouble, trying to quench an insatiable need for the adrenal rush of being "on the brink" at all times.

Nor is Brock Lesnar another version of Muhammad Ali. The former Cassius Clay was a calculating, manipulative media sensation who used the power of the television medium to unravel his opponents (most famously the man he taunted as a"big ugly gorilla" Joe Frazier), all in the frame of smiling, telling jokes, and once reinstated, trying to present himself as flamboyant and colorful, but never dangerous.

Brock Lesnar IS dangerous. Brock Lesnar IS a scary human being. He IS frightening, even to those who know him. But Brock is not going to be a thug. He's not going to go "looking for trouble." Brock has taken his aggression, his competitiveness, and his love for physical dominance and has carefully crafted a multi-million dollar career around it.

So, now let's talk about Brock's actions on Saturday night. First, even the most extreme Anti-Lesnar critic would have to give him his props regarding the manner in which he turned Frank Mir into a freakin' pinata.

Here's Frank Mir, the former UFC Champion and current Interim Champion, in the best shape of his life, with as much motivation to be the Brock Killer as Lesnar had to be the vengeful warrior. Mir, as Brock learned the first time around, is no joke.

But if we're going to use pro wrestling terminology such as "heel" in regards to Brock Lesnar, let's add another term to describe the Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir main event at UFC 100: SQUASH MATCH.

Brock Lesnar didn't just beat Frank Mir bloody. Brock Lesnar humbled Frank Mir. The man everyone booed after one of the most impressive Championship displays of "Ultimate Fighting" bloodied Frank Mir, beat him unmercifully, and left referee Herb Dean no options but to step in and stop the fight.

In order to throw another man such a beating, imagine how ramped up Brock had to be. Imagine having that adrenaline pulsating through your veins, and knowing that everything you believed about yourself being the best in the world was true.

And then you get booed out of the building.

Hey, you want a bad guy, a "heel?" Well, the 265 (+++) pound bad ass who lives in the woods because he truly doesn't like people can play the heel, and he can play it well. Brock Lesnar is not a fictional character, although anyone who knows him will tell you he's one step away from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

So, the UFC audience (and, unfortunately, the main title sponsor of the night ... oops) got a taste of a real life heel. Don't like me? Here's two fingers for ya! Want to boo me after that awesome display of "who's da man?" Bring it!

Want to continue booing me? Talk trash? Hey, screw you, screw the sponsor, and while you people are talking about ME later on, I'll be "on top of " my gorgeous 3X Playboy Covergirl wife. And guess what, I won't be thinking about YOU!

No, he was not nice. No, he was not a gentleman. No, he was not the consummate sportsman. He was amped, ramped, and in his kill mode. He wanted to fight Frank Mir again. He wanted to let Frank Mir know that all the trash talking coming from Mir's side about "teaching Brock" and how Brock was a "WWE wrestler" was coming out of Frank's ass.

Brock Lesnar has become the most controversial athlete in the fight game today. Even Floyd Mayweather Jr, whose larger than life "pro wrestling style" interviews created an extraordinary amount of interest for his boxing match with Oscar De La Hoya, and whose family drama was the key to the launch of HBO's "24/7" series, doesn't come across as anything but just "hamming it up" for the cameras now that people have seen Brock's explosive volatility.

Along with being the most controversial athlete in sports today, Brock Lesnar is now the biggest pay per view attraction in the world. From all indications, UFC 100 will sell more pay per views than Wrestlemania XXV. The boxing world can not offer a bout that is going to achieve this level of interest, certainly not in this calendar year.

And it's all because not only is Brock Lesnar truly the Champion of the Ultimate Fight, but because he knows how to be the heel. The bad guy. The one you love to hate.

And, most importantly, the one you pay to see.

Katipan
07-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Good lord that author has his tongue omoplata'd in Lesnar's ass.

big nasty kcnut
07-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Lol kati well he was his manager in wwe.
Posted via Mobile Device

Katipan
07-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Lol kati well he was his manager in wwe.
Posted via Mobile Device

hahaahahahah

fucking a.

Brock
07-14-2009, 07:58 AM
The Loss Column is full of guys who were going to "murder" someone. Most recently Jackson was going to "murder" Griffin. Sylvia was going to "murder" an old should-have-been-retired Randy Couture. Etc, etc.

I am not saying that Lesnar would beat Fedor, or the other way around. I just think that making predictions is stupid. You can have reasons why you think a fighter would win against another, but until the fight is over, no one knows.

I didn't make a prediction. I stated an opinion.

Crashride
07-14-2009, 09:54 AM
All the lesner haters are acting like any 290 pound man could step in the octogan and beat mir...

CoMoChief
07-14-2009, 10:36 AM
All the lesner haters are acting like any 290 pound man could step in the octogan and beat mir...

Except Lesnar is 265

MOhillbilly
07-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Good lord that author has his tongue omoplata'd in Lesnar's ass.

whats that word?

Katipan
07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
whats that word?

<3

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KaHAWCDcc64&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KaHAWCDcc64&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

raybec 4
07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Except Lesnar is 265

Lesnar has to cut weight to get to the heavyweight limit of 265.

El Jefe
07-14-2009, 11:55 AM

LMAO LMAO LMAO at everything you have said. Fedor is arguably the best Sambo practitioner in the world. As far as him not fighting anyone as strong as Lesnar, that's debatable also, Lesnar is a beast no doubt. Fedor beat a few great Wrestlers such as Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman, which both are complete beasts. Fedor is going to kick the crap out of him if they fight. I must say though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so take mine with a grain of salt.

El Jefe
07-14-2009, 11:58 AM

True, but we are talking about the best MMA fighter of All Time. We aren't talking about Chuck Liddell or Machida, this is a guy who has proven he is the best and is still the best even at his age.

Crashride
07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Lesnar has to cut weight to get to the heavyweight limit of 265.

Ding Ding we have a winner. REP. But dont expect everyone who is in this thread to actually know about UFC.

El Jefe
07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Ding Ding we have a winner. REP. But dont expect everyone who is in this thread to actually know about UFC.

What's this UFC you speak of?

jk

BigVE
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Funny everyone becomes/became an expert. One guy questioning another guys "fan-hood" is gay. All anyone has is an opinion and no one is better than another. Simple meaningless discussions get clouded by the "I know more than you" type of guys. Nobody cares how long you have been watching MMA. Nobody cares that you used watch Pride and K-1 and the other fore-runners to UFC. Nobody cares that you know a guy who knows a guy who trains in UFC. Nobody cares about the little bit of meaningless MMA type of training you think you have. We all have opinions and have every right to express them. Thanks, rant is now over.

Chiefnj2
07-14-2009, 02:31 PM
It's a sign of a bad class when you have someone with only 5 fights being the champion.

BigVE
07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
It's a sign of a bad class when you have someone with only 5 fights being the champion.

I think everyone knows that the heavyweight division in the UFC is the weakest. It's not Brock's fault everyone else is mediocre at best. Fedor is the only real challenge out there it appears.

Brock
07-14-2009, 02:45 PM

Yes. But on the other hand, he looks and fights like a badass, so I don't know why anyone has trouble admitting he's legit.

booger
07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
if this guy keeps rising the ladder he would be a good matchup to lesner someday.

I don't keep up with how they switch from wec, elite ex, etc, to ufc though and how all that works.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brett-Rogers-16048

CoMoChief
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Yes. But on the other hand, he looks and fights like a badass, so I don't know why anyone has trouble admitting he's legit.

Because he's a wrestler and not a "technical" fighter. People complain that he grounds n pounds.......you know what?!?! It works for him so people need to STFU. Yes he needs to improve on some things, who cares. Look at it this way, he's still pretty Raw at this point with a solid wrestling background and was able to take out 2 of the top heavyweights in the world. Sounds ok to me.

Which come to think of it. Not too many heavyweights are technical fighters and if you seem to think Frank Mir is a technical fighter.......then well, you just witnessed Technical fighting being taken back behind the wood shed, this past sat night.

Long Duk Dong
07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
if this guy keeps rising the ladder he would be a good matchup to lesner someday.

I don't keep up with how they switch from wec, elite ex, etc, to ufc though and how all that works.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brett-Rogers-16048

Seen this guy fight a couple times. Guy has dynamite for hands. Has like 5 first round KO's. Pretty crazy.

Not sure if he has a ground game though.

Mecca
07-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Basically Lesnar is pissing off the MMA purists because he's from pro wrestling...

I wonder who the biggest marks are:

the wrestling fans in awe of brock's heel persona

or

the MMA fans who now apparently want Dana to bring in Fedor to "take care of Brock."

I would say probably wrestling fans, but I would argue that we have some self-awareness about marking out. I couldn't care less about Brock the fighter -- I would have been cheering Mir, Vanderlei, or fucking Bruce Buffer if he had done half of what Brock did.

But the coolest thing about this is that the UFC fans hate Brock because he was a pro-wrestler, which causes him to act like a Pro-Wrestler.

I think think the coolest thing is that Lesnar heeling it up leads to the same reaction whether you're in on the work or not because the MMA fans not in on it hate him for being a dick and the MMA fans in on it hate him for "putting WWE in their MMA".

Either way, they'll pay to see him lose to someone.

Delano
07-14-2009, 05:51 PM
I love it.

http://www.mmamud.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/redcoat-774151.jpg

JASONSAUTO
07-14-2009, 06:11 PM
I love it.

http://www.mmamud.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/redcoat-774151.jpg

me too!!!

KCTitus
07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I thought 100 lived up to its billing...I rather enjoyed the fights and I was glad to see Henderson won. My buddy is an associate of his manager/promoter.

The Lesnar fight played out pretty much as I expected. I dont really care for him and agree that he's playing up the a-hole bit. I didnt see much more than him taking down Mir and then just sitting on him until the round was over. Sure, it was uneventful, but if you want to beat Lesnar, you're going to have to beat that game.

I'll definitely be rooting for someone to take him down...until then he's the champ and can talk all the crap he wants.

Rudy lost the toss
07-14-2009, 11:32 PM

Really the UFC Heavyweight division was already weak before Lesnar arrived. They had someone whos not really a true heavyweight win and was holding the HW belt (Coture).

UFC needs Fedor. They need the best (right now) Heavyweight compete in the league with what could be MMA's biggest star (Lesnar).

Cain Velasquez used to give Cole Konrad fits in wrestling. Konrad cut to 285 and was a better wrestler than Lesnar. Id give Velasquez a shot....eventually

urgmasdaughter
07-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Bigger question now is what did you think of Lesnar's actions after the fight?!?

Katipan
07-15-2009, 04:41 AM
i found reasons to love and hate in the ufc long before lesnar acted like such a tool. i dont need or desire a villain. unfortunatly the ufc doesnt exist just for me. one or two outrageous personalities may be ok, but thats a slippery slope im betting dana white navigates carefully. regardless of what the ppv numbers were for 100, brock is not the reason for the dramatic rise in prosperity and popularity of the ufc. if he died tomorrow he'd be a minor anecdote.

Rausch
07-15-2009, 04:52 AM
I thought 100 lived up to its billing...I rather enjoyed the fights and I was glad to see Henderson won. My buddy is an associate of his manager/promoter.

The Lesnar fight played out pretty much as I expected. I dont really care for him and agree that he's playing up the a-hole bit. I didnt see much more than him taking down Mir and then just sitting on him until the round was over. Sure, it was uneventful, but if you want to beat Lesnar, you're going to have to beat that game.

I'll definitely be rooting for someone to take him down...until then he's the champ and can talk all the crap he wants.

To me Brock is a wrestler (read: folkstyle, freestyle, greco roman, etc.) fighting in the UFC. This makes me root for him.

And in a way it's the reason wrestlers defend him. His stand up is weak, his offense is mediocre, but he's pure talent and athleticism waiting to be achieved.

MMA is dominated by judo/wrestling despite the action-anticipating heart of most fans...

TrickyNicky
07-15-2009, 06:58 AM
If you wanted a Super Heavyweight division, just for shits n giggles:

Hong Man Choi
Giant Silva
Akebono
Bob Sapp
Ricardo Morais
Ron Waterman
Dan Bobish
Butterbean
Gan McGee
Jimmy Ambriz
Ricco Rodriguez (lol)
Ben Rothwell
Montana Silva
Sentoryu
...and maybe Aleksander Emelianenko after a few months of overdosing on doughnuts

Good luck selling tickets. Although on the bright side I think Mark Hunt may be over 265 nowadays.

Crashride
07-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Cain Velasquez used to give Cole Konrad fits in wrestling. Konrad cut to 285 and was a better wrestler than Lesnar. Id give Velasquez a shot....eventually

GREAT point! Velasquez made Kongo his bitch as far as wrestling is concerned. He would need to stay away from the stand up with lesner though, then I think he would have a shot. Good post.

CoMoChief
07-15-2009, 08:10 AM

Lesnar wasn't really the one talking shit leading up to this fight. Mir was. Lesnar just gave Mir a big "I told you so" afterwards. I thought it was hilarious because thats just the way he is. He hates to lose. He's a sore loser about it, he really thought he was beating Mir's face in, in that first fight (which he was) all the way up to that kneebar, and it pissed him off. He had to wait a year and a half to get his revenge while hearing how he isn't for real, Mir will tap him out again, Fedor is king, Brock isn't shit, just a big bafoon, blah blah and so on.

If that was me, I'd be the same way. I mean I would slap gloves and tell him "good fight" afterwards. But all of that shit Brock said after the fight, it's just him, the way his personality is. In WWE other wrestlers hated him backstage because he came off as a dick.

keg in kc
07-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Lesnar wasn't really the one talking shit leading up to this fight. Mir was. Lesnar just gave Mir a big "I told you so" afterwards. I thought it was hilarious because thats just the way he is. He hates to lose. He's a sore loser about it, he really thought he was beating Mir's face in, in that first fight (which he was) all the way up to that kneebar, and it pissed him off. He had to wait a year and a half to get his revenge while hearing how he isn't for real, Mir will tap him out again, Fedor is king, Brock isn't shit, just a big bafoon, blah blah and so on.

If that was me, I'd be the same way. I mean I would slap gloves and tell him "good fight" afterwards. But all of that shit Brock said after the fight, it's just him, the way his personality is. In WWE other wrestlers hated him backstage because he came off as a dick.That's the thing people who aren't familiar with him don't get. It's not Brock playing up shit he learned in WWE, it's Brock being Brock. That's who he is, who he's always been. He's a crazy intense guy, and what he did after the fight was his natural reaction to the event. He's not playing a character, not trying to be some staged heel. It's all sort of a coincidence that he's becoming this great heel character. Under it all, the fact is that the dude has...issues. And I choose to be entertained by it rather than appalled by it. Which probably says something about my own issues. LMAO

Crashride
07-15-2009, 08:23 AM

If that was me, I'd be the same way. I mean I would slap gloves and tell him "good fight" afterwards. But all of that shit Brock said after the fight, it's just him, the way his personality is. In WWE other wrestlers hated him backstage because he came off as a dick.

Thank god another person who knows what he is talking about :thumb:

Mecca
07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
That's the thing people who aren't familiar with him don't get. It's not Brock playing up shit he learned in WWE, it's Brock being Brock. That's who he is, who he's always been. He's a crazy intense guy, and what he did after the fight was his natural reaction to the event. He's not playing a character, not trying to be some staged heel. It's all sort of a coincidence that he's becoming this great heel character. Under it all, the fact is that the dude has...issues. And I choose to be entertained by it rather than appalled by it. Which probably says something about my own issues. LMAO

Well we are wrestling fans, so we just think shit like that is cool.

raybec 4
07-15-2009, 08:53 AM
That's the thing people who aren't familiar with him don't get. It's not Brock playing up shit he learned in WWE, it's Brock being Brock. That's who he is, who he's always been. He's a crazy intense guy, and what he did after the fight was his natural reaction to the event. He's not playing a character, not trying to be some staged heel. It's all sort of a coincidence that he's becoming this great heel character. Under it all, the fact is that the dude has...issues. And I choose to be entertained by it rather than appalled by it. Which probably says something about my own issues. LMAO

I am definitely not entertained by him, but I'm not appaled either, he's a bigger version of Tito Ortiz. Soon enough somebody will expose his weaknesses (whatever they may be) and he will either evolve and move forward or become the I told you so some people expext him to be. Either way, I don't mind watching him fight, I just don't like hearing him talk.

TheGuardian
07-15-2009, 09:10 AM
I laugh at people who think Brock acting that way is funny, or comedy. Yes, it's really him, not him playing a part. He was booed in college for the same kind of behavior. He was in fights everyday when he was trying out for the Vikings. He was hated almost universally backstage in WWE. It's because he's an asshole. And I find it strange that people would cheer for a complete asshole. Say "Oh it's entertainment". Not really. The reason he has been chastised for his actions by guys like Couture and others is because there is supposed to be a certain amount of respect shown between fighters. Does it always happen? No. But I've also never seen a guy flip off the fans either. The fans are the ones that really sign his paycheck. So basically, he's an idiot as well.

Brock is a very limited fighter who is getting by on being 285 pounds right now. His stand up his shit and he's got no submission ability. For the person who says "he can develop that" you don't know much about fighting. Brock is 32 now, he's a lifetime wrestler. He's never going to be a good standup guy and he's never going to develop a world class sub game. So it wont' be long before he's figured out and will be a has been. And I'll laugh at you idiotic MF'ers who were on his nuts this whole time.

Crashride
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
I laugh at people who think Brock acting that way is funny, or comedy. Yes, it's really him, not him playing a part. He was booed in college for the same kind of behavior. He was in fights everyday when he was trying out for the Vikings. He was hated almost universally backstage in WWE. It's because he's an asshole. And I find it strange that people would cheer for a complete asshole. Say "Oh it's entertainment". Not really. The reason he has been chastised for his actions by guys like Couture and others is because there is supposed to be a certain amount of respect shown between fighters. Does it always happen? No. But I've also never seen a guy flip off the fans either. The fans are the ones that really sign his paycheck. So basically, he's an idiot as well.

Brock is a very limited fighter who is getting by on being 285 pounds right now. His stand up his shit and he's got no submission ability. For the person who says "he can develop that" you don't know much about fighting. Brock is 32 now, he's a lifetime wrestler. He's never going to be a good standup guy and he's never going to develop a world class sub game. So it wont' be long before he's figured out and will be a has been. And I'll laugh at you idiotic MF'ers who were on his nuts this whole time.

No stand-up? Ill have to disagree with that FOR SURE. I dont expect him to throw round-house kicks and what not, but I dare any other heavy weight to throw hands with him. One day someone might be able to to expose him, but right now he is what he is, the most dominating heavyweight in UFC at the moment.

As far as his antics after the match, it definetly was over the top when he flicked off the fans, ill give you that. But after all that shit Mir was talking it was such a release for him. That fight was his revenge after waiting a year. He proves everyone he was right and what happens? Everyone boos him because they are in Vegas where Mir fights out of. He had more adrenaline flowing through him than all of us had this past year for any activity.

All in all, to expect every fighter to be a 100% class act like GSP in unrealistic.

CoMoChief
07-15-2009, 09:49 AM

First of all Brock loses weight everytime he trains for a fight to meet the UFC's heavyweight limit of 265 lbs.

Has no stand up? Granted it's limited, but he beat Randy Couture with his stand up, and also sent Heath Herring to a flying backwards summersault when he was hit. When he hits people, they feel it.

Plain 'n simple. In a fight and especially UFC what you want to do is control the fight, that's a conservative approach. You could also be aggressive as shit and get tagged. Make sure your opponent can't engage on you. That's what Brock does. He gets on top of people and makes them immobile. I dont understand why people are against this, or why they think it isn't going to work. He's huge and strong and uses that to his advantage.

If you can find someone that can move Brock around on the ground let me know, because so far all we've seen is him completely dominating his opponents on the ground.

You know who else has a terrible stand up game? Matt Hughes. He's a ground guy, there are tons of them and they're good at it. Hughes is a UFC HOF'r or will be. No one talks about about how bad his stand up is.

macdawg
07-15-2009, 10:29 AM
ask Randy Couture or Heath Herring how bad Lesnars standup is. Name one person who could stuff Lesnars takedowns. Fedor hasn't fought anyone close to Brocks pedigree of wrestling skill, size & power. An ancient Coleman? A 205lb Randleman? A goofy Korean named Hong Mon Choi? LOL

KCTitus
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Lesnar wasn't really the one talking shit leading up to this fight. Mir was.

Ok...must have missed that. What I did see, however, was the promo leading up to the fight that night earlier in the day as both fighters were watching their previous match and talking about it.

Mir talked about what he did in the fight, Lesnar said, and I paraphrase, that Mir simply got lucky and that wasnt going to happen again. Well wait, no he didnt get lucky, he exploited your lack of ground game and got an arm bar. Then Lesnar was whining about how the referee didnt stop Mir 'soon enough' that he had to tap about 10 times - to me that's talking crap.

He improved his defense and didnt get submitted again...

I really dont care if he's playing an asshole or is one in real life, I'll enjoy it when someone comes around and hands him a beating.

keg in kc
07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Well we are wrestling fans, so we just think shit like that is cool.I don't think it's cool. I think he's an asshole. I love it because I know it'll sell tickets. It was the perfect night for it. He didn't make UFC 100 big - that show was going to be huge whether he was on it or not. I know I was buying it regardless of what the card was. What it did was put his antics in front of the biggest audience they've ever had. I don't see how that can be anything but good for the future of the promotion, because it makes it a topic of conversation - here we are days later - has any UFC thread on here gone this strong this long after the event? and it's getting more mainstream coverage than ever - and there's going to be tens of thousands of more people paying big bucks to see him lose his next fight, whether it's couture or fedor or somebody else.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
SULLY...

GO TO THE ALTERNATE DRAFT THREAD AND PICK

Katipan
07-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Even tho Brockie poo isn't in UFC 101, I'm buying it ANYWAYS!
Go BROWN PEOPLE!

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4720/ufc101poster.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/i/ufc101poster.jpg/)

All I would need is a surprise Machida fight to be a puddle of gooy happiness.

keg in kc
07-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Even tho Brockie poo isn't in UFC 101, I'm buying it ANYWAYS!'course you are. Everybody knows you love BJ's.

On the other hand, I'm probably not buying another UFC until 150, with or without Brock.

Gary
07-15-2009, 12:48 PM
My 2 cents: I completely understand the feelings Brock had after the fight. The guy talked shit about him & Brock shut him up. It's the fact that Brock isn't able to control his emotions as a grown man after the fight is long over that bothers me. For the most part, we have all been a few fist fights in our lives. There's always the build-up of talking shit(really just building yourself up into a sufficient lather to be ready to fight), the squaring-off & throwing down, & someone gets up the winner when everyone else watching can see the fight is over. In high school most guys can't control their emotions even after the fight the way an older & more mature man can. How old is Brock? It just showed that even though he is a very large and imposing man, he is still an immature kid in a lot of ways. Financially speaking, this will be good for the UFC & Brock because a million guys like me can't wait for someone to show Brock that anyone on any day can win or lose...question is: can he win or lose like a man?

ZootedGranny
07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIDmNMisXQc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIDmNMisXQc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TheGuardian
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
ask Randy Couture or Heath Herring how bad Lesnars standup is. Name one person who could stuff Lesnars takedowns. Fedor hasn't fought anyone close to Brocks pedigree of wrestling skill, size & power. An ancient Coleman? A 205lb Randleman? A goofy Korean named Hong Mon Choi? LOL

Do you guys understand the difference between being a good stand up fighter and punching hard? Here is a hint, they aren't the same. Some guys can hit hard, but aren't great at footwork and hip mechanics involved in punching or protecting with their rear hand. Some guys have great stand up in the mechanics department, but don't hit hard.

So basically you guys don't understand the difference in the two, which is pretty normal for an average MMA fan. So you shouldn't comment about things you really don't have much knowledge on. Thanks.

Lastly, your take on Fedor is laughable at best. AT BEST. Fedor would end a fight with Lesnar in the first round. Get Brock's dick out of your mouth.

El Jefe
07-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Do you guys understand the difference between being a good stand up fighter and punching hard? Here is a hint, they aren't the same. Some guys can hit hard, but aren't great at footwork and hip mechanics involved in punching or protecting with their rear hand. Some guys have great stand up in the mechanics department, but don't hit hard.

So basically you guys don't understand the difference in the two, which is pretty normal for an average MMA fan. So you shouldn't comment about things you really don't have much knowledge on. Thanks.

Lastly, your take on Fedor is laughable at best. AT BEST. Fedor would end a fight with Lesnar in the first round. Get Brock's dick out of your mouth.

Your 100% right, but how dare you try and make valid points. Most CP'ers just like to shoot out any crappy thought we have. :D

macdawg
07-15-2009, 03:40 PM

Where to start? I think your posting your opinion as fact and anything can happen in the fight game so I'm tired of people hating on Brock and whats the point of arguing with you when you don't address my points but smugly laugh and say I don't know what I'm talking about?

As far as me not knowing what i'm talking about we both know until they step into the cage its all opinions anyway I wrestled for 10 years, boxed some here http://www.authenticboxing.com/

Since one of my teachers passed away (http://graciejiujitsumidwest.com/?page_id=12) and the other one moved to Miami (http://gbmiami.com/wordpress/?page_id=6) I have been looking for an expert learn from for a while, where do you teach?

CoMoChief
07-15-2009, 04:11 PM

Well, Brock's standup does need work. He's not a boxer, he's a wrestler trying to mix-in some boxing.

Having that said he probably has the most power to his punch or is right up there with the best of them. Look what he did to Mir's face. He sent Herring flying backwards and made Couture buckle down with a hit that wasn't really a square landed punch. He has power that really can't be matched by anyone in this league. I dont know, I could be wrong. But from what I've seen he's taken some of the best UFC has to offer and just overpowers them.

ArrowheadHawk
07-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah we get to have two champs I don't like. Lesnar and Machida.

TheGuardian
07-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Where to start? I think your posting your opinion as fact and anything can happen in the fight game so I'm tired of people hating on Brock and whats the point of arguing with you when you don't address my points but smugly laugh and say I don't know what I'm talking about?

As far as me not knowing what i'm talking about we both know until they step into the cage its all opinions anyway I wrestled for 10 years, boxed some here http://www.authenticboxing.com/

Since one of my teachers passed away (http://graciejiujitsumidwest.com/?page_id=12) and the other one moved to Miami (http://gbmiami.com/wordpress/?page_id=6) I have been looking for an expert learn from for a while, where do you teach?

So you wrestled for 10 years, and "boxed" some. This makes sense. You don't really know what good stand up looks like. That's not a jab, but you don't ask a guy who wrestles to teach you how to stand up to fight. Duh. And of course as a wrestler you like Brock, even though it's pretty clear he's a very one dimensional fighter.

As I noted, he has big power in his punches, but that's mainly because of his size. His footwork and hand work and hip movement is terrible. Having big power and being great on your feet aren't the same. If Brock runs into some that can stuff his take downs and can keep it on their feet they will wreck him.

If you're seriously looking to train and you're in KC shoot me a private message.

Crashride
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
So you wrestled for 10 years, and "boxed" some. This makes sense. You don't really know what good stand up looks like. That's not a jab, but you don't ask a guy who wrestles to teach you how to stand up to fight. Duh. And of course as a wrestler you like Brock, even though it's pretty clear he's a very one dimensional fighter.

As I noted, he has big power in his punches, but that's mainly because of his size. His footwork and hand work and hip movement is terrible. Having big power and being great on your feet aren't the same. If Brock runs into some that can stuff his take downs and can keep it on their feet they will wreck him.

If you're seriously looking to train and you're in KC shoot me a private message.

Keyword: IF. Hes mowing through experienced UFC heavyweights with his "one dimensional" style. If it were so easy to stop him it would have been done. Until this magical person executes this "easy" task enjoy watching him hold on to that belt for a long time.

Mecca
07-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Does anyone really believe people are just going to start stuffing his takedowns?

TheGuardian
07-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Keyword: IF. Hes mowing through experienced UFC heavyweights with his "one dimensional" style. If it were so easy to stop him it would have been done. Until this magical person executes this "easy" task enjoy watching him hold on to that belt for a long time.

205'ers eventually got around Tito.

MMA is constantly evolving. And yes, people can stuff Brock's take downs. A sprawl is a sprawl. Sheesh. I think the reason you haven't seen it much is because most guys have wanted to stand with him.

Mir got knocked down early in the first one, then leg barred him. Herring got knocked down and Brock laid on him.

Randy did his usual of up-against-the-cage and dirty boxing. In this last fight Mir wanted to stand. Point is, you get a good wrestler with a good sprawl with good stand up and he could wreck Brock. Now I wonder who has that skillset.......

El Jefe
07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, Brock's standup does need work. He's not a boxer, he's a wrestler trying to mix-in some boxing.

Having that said he probably has the most power to his punch or is right up there with the best of them. Look what he did to Mir's face. He sent Herring flying backwards and made Couture buckle down with a hit that wasn't really a square landed punch. He has power that really can't be matched by anyone in this league. I dont know, I could be wrong. But from what I've seen he's taken some of the best UFC has to offer and just overpowers them.

I have stayed out of this thread for the most part. My opinion on a couple things, Brock is a good fighter, I am not going to say he isn't. He is very big, very strong, and the current champ, it is what it is. Now, for some to say he will beat Fedor because Fedor hasn't fought anyone as strong as he has is absolutely silly. betcha Lesnar isn't anywhere close to as strong as Bob Sapp, Sapp's 6'5 360lbs, and I'm sure Sapp can punch harder, so does that mean Lesnar wouldn't stand a chance against Sapp? Just because someone is bigger and stronger doesn't always gurantee a win

CoMoChief
07-16-2009, 09:10 AM
I have stayed out of this thread for the most part. My opinion on a couple things, Brock is a good fighter, I am not going to say he isn't. He is very big, very strong, and the current champ, it is what it is. Now, for some to say he will beat Fedor because Fedor hasn't fought anyone as strong as he has is absolutely silly. betcha Lesnar isn't anywhere close to as strong as Bob Sapp, Sapp's 6'5 360lbs, and I'm sure Sapp can punch harder, so does that mean Lesnar wouldn't stand a chance against Sapp? Just because someone is bigger and stronger doesn't always gurantee a win

Lesnar would kill Sapp.

Lesnar I would bet is stronger and probably punches just as hard if not harder.

I would also argue that Fedor hasn't fought anyone yet that matches the blend of Size, speed, stregth, and power that Brock has. That doesn't mean Brock will win. There's a reason why Fedor is 30-1. Having that said I think if Brock got him to the ground Fedor would really have his work cut out for him.

Mecca
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Bobby Lashley beat Bob Sapp cmon now.

El Jefe
07-16-2009, 09:46 AM

I have stayed out of this thread for the most part. My opinion on a couple things, Brock is a good fighter, I am not going to say he isn't. He is very big, very strong, and the current champ, it is what it is. Now, for some to say he will beat Fedor because Fedor hasn't fought anyone as strong as he has is absolutely silly. For comparison I betcha Lesnar isn't anywhere close to as strong as Bob Sapp, Sapp's 6'5 360lbs, and I'm sure Sapp could punch harder, so does that mean Lesnar wouldn't stand a chance against Sapp? Just because someone is bigger and stronger doesn't always gurantee a win. People seem to keep bringing up the fact that Lesnar is such a great Wrestler. Well Fedor is one of the best Sambo wrestlers in the World. To say Fedor hasn't fought against good wrestlers is also dumb. Kevin Randleman was a 2 Time Heavyweight Division 1 Champ in College, and Mark Coleman was also a Champ.

People have made good points for both sides, and I lean to the side of Lesnar being overrated, that's my opinion, I don't think he is even in the same league as Fedor. Lesnar is the UFC Champ so he deserves some respect. After Fedor puts the beat down on Barnett, and Lesnar beats the winner of the Cain fight, Fedor will beat Lesnar if he wants to fight, and im sure Dana will offer enough to make Fedor want to fight. Should be a really fun fight to watch though. Tim Sylvia said after his fight against Fedor that he has never been hit as hard as Fedor hit him. Fedor has already said, at this point he is fighting for money, he has nothing to prove anymore.

El Jefe
07-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Bobby Lashley beat Bob Sapp cmon now.

I didn't even know that post submitted, I wasn't done with my point, but got tied up before I could finish it. Some people on here act like Lesnar is a god because he is so big and strong.

Crashride
07-16-2009, 09:52 AM

Are you kidding Bob Sapps career is a joke! Have you seen him fight? Watch his fights in K-1 even small guys completely kill him. He is the biggest soft guy I have ever seen. One hit and he is just about literally crying in the ring.

Mecca
07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Josh Barnett is probably better than everyone in UFC's heavweight division...that's an issue. They need to go get some deals done to improve the division in general.