PDA

View Full Version : Royals Paul Splittoff Interview

chiefqueen
07-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Yesterday, Splitt gave an interview for ch. 41. It's about fifteen minutes long but the sound quality is terrible (ch. 41's fault, not Paul). In the interview Paul said he initially became ill in Dec. began taking antibiotics, thought he licked it, but it flared up in March affecting his speech.

He dosmissed rumors he had a stroke oe Bell's palsy. He also said his weight loss had nothing to do with his illness but was due to him deciding to lose some weight early last fall before he became ill.

He is hoping to begin broadcasting again in the the next 2-4 weeks but he wants a seemless trandition.

I thought his voice sound fine, he speech was not slurred but I did notice a little grovel in his voice but that could be because og the audio sound quality.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/story/Splittorff-Hopes-to-Return-to-Booth-Soon/PMCLsZYywUWQSXgblglC6w.cspx

Priest31kc
07-12-2009, 12:23 AM
damn still 2-4 weeks away, I miss Split.

Fish
07-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Best luck to Splitt. I understand that he is a very prideful person, and it's killing him that he could be set back by something like this. Evidently he just hates that he can't do what he enjoys. I hope he does get back into the swing of things and everything works out OK. I've always admired him a great deal. Good people..

Deberg_1990
07-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, at least he hasnt missed much these past couple of months.

Ari Chi3fs
07-12-2009, 11:21 AM
these last 2.5 months of Royals baseball have made ME ill.

cabletech94
07-12-2009, 11:40 AM
So does this mean 2 to 4 weeks until Frank takes up the manager duties?

Here's to wishing.

chiefqueen
07-12-2009, 03:21 PM
So does this mean 2 to 4 weeks until Frank takes up the manager duties?

Here's to wishing.

If you watch the interview the reason Split sayd 2-4 weeks is because he wants a seemless transition between him and Frsnk, so I think iif he wanted to Dayton could help out in that category.

Demonpenz
07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Frank is a gentleman and a hall of famer, but I am ready for split. Split has a nasty streak in him