PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Thigpen the best backup in the NFL article

Mr. Wizard
07-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Some of these articles are not so well written but this one does shed light on what is hopefully now a deep position for our Chiefs.

Is There a Better No. 2 than Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen?

It's interesting how the biggest position of need heading into the 2008 season now may be the biggest position of depth heading into the 2009 season. The Kansas City Chiefs certainly don't have any definitive answers at the QB position but there are two players to feel pretty good about it: Matt Cassel and Tyler Thigpen.

With Cassel the unofficially the starter heading into '09, the Chiefs might have the best back up quarterback in the NFL when factors like age and money are considered. Clark Judge of CBS Sports (via stagsdp in the FanShots) said Thigpen would be a fine starter for the Chiefs.

Had the Chiefs not gone out and signed Cassel, I'd be fine with Thigpen as the club's starter. I don't know how much you win with him, but I do know he can make things happen.

The oft pointed out stat of Thigpen's career thus far, one win, doen't matter to Judge. As he points out, Tony Gonzalez said it would be a "disgrace" if Thigpen wasn't given a chance to be the team's starter.

I don't care that he won one game. Eli Manning won one game his first year as a starter, too. Thigpen threw 161 passes without an interception and played well enough to win three or four more.

So, let's look at the backup quarterbacks to see how Thigpen stacks up. The candidates for best backup quarterback in the NFL listed after the jump have a few downsides that Thigpen doesn't possess including age (Garcia, Kitna) and money due to them (Leinart).

Star-divide

The Candidates

* Jeff Garcia (Raiders)
* Jon Kitna (Cowboys)
* Derek Anderson (Browns)
* Sage Rosenfels (Vikings)
* Matt Leinart (Cardinals)
* Charlie Batch (Steelers)
* Rex Grossman (Texans)
* Todd Collins (Redskins)

From this list, the only other backup that I might pick over Thigpen is Matt Leinart. They're both young with some experience (11 starts for Thigpen, 16 starts for Leinart). The difference? Money.

The money paid out to Thigpen in his rookie contract is minimal, at best. Excluding a minuscule signing bonus, he's played for $285,000 (2007) and $370,000 (2008). He's signed on for two more years at base salaries of $460,000 (2009) and $550,000 (2010).

The money being paid out to Leinart is much, much different. In 2007, as part of a six year, $50,8 million contract, he received a $2.76 million base salary and in 2008 a $735,000 base salary. Those numbers will jump up to $1.11 million (2009) and $2.485 million (2010). Not to mention the $7.36 million base salary in 2011.

Thigpen's total deal is worth $1.665 million over four years. Worst case scenario? He doesn't see the field in 2009 and still retains a fairly high trade value because of the position he plays. We're sitting in a very, very good spot with Thigpen. Despite not winning games in 2008, we're sitting in a very good spot with Tyler Thigpen.
Poll
Is Tyler Thigpen the best backup quarterback in the NFL?
68% Yes 585 votes
31% No 263 votes

link http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/7/10/944654/is-there-a-better-no-2-than-chiefs?ref=CBS

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 10:14 AM
I'd take every single one of the alternatives over Thigpen, save maybe Grossman and Collins, and I'm not even sure about this.

Ebolapox
chris simms /schlomo2674

LaChapelle
Cap hell is pretty much a thing of the past. For the Chiefs not even a minor concern right now.

Garcia is the starter.

milkman
07-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I'd take every single one of the alternatives over Thigpen, save maybe Grossman and Collins, and I'm not even sure about this.

I don't know about that, but I'd certainly take Kitna, Leinart and Collins.

The Cowboys bringing in Kitna might be the best move of the offseason.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 10:20 AM

The only reason I say that is that there are options on that list that don't force a team to change their offensive approach completely. For example, I'm not convinced that Anderson doesn't suck complete ass, but at least if you're forced to turn to him for a game or two, you can keep the same offense.

milkman
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM
The only reason I say that is that there are options on that list that don't force a team to change their offensive approach completely. For example, I'm not convinced that Anderson doesn't suck complete ass, but at least if you're forced to turn to him for a game or two, you can keep the same offense.

Since I fully expect the Chiefs with Cassel to run about 70% spread or simply shotgun, I don't think the Chiefs will have to completely alter their approach either.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Since I fully expect the Chiefs with Cassel to run about 70% spread or simply shotgun, I don't think the Chiefs will have to completely alter their approach either.

Hmm...ok. I don't think it will be nearly that high, but I freely admit that I might be wrong.

milkman
07-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Hmm...ok. I don't think it will be nearly that high, but I freely admit that I might be wrong.

As the season progressed last year and the Pats became more tuned to Cassel's strengths and weaknesses, without looking up the numbers or watching every snap, I would venture to guess that is about the percentage of snaps he took in the spread/shotgun in the latter half of the season.

Brock
07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
He's pretty likely to play at some point, so I guess we'll see.

Mile High Mania
07-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Kitna, Garcia, Anderson and maybe Leinart are strong considerations of being better options for a #2 QB.

WhitiE
07-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Kitna, Garcia, Anderson and maybe Leinart are strong considerations of being better options for a #2 QB.

but not when you factor in age and money as the article did......

DTLB58
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I really like Thigpen as our backup but....

I think Garcia is the winner here because of expirence. Mobile, strong arm, accurate and a will to win, this guy is a fighter.

Just MO.

milkman
07-12-2009, 10:52 AM
but not when you factor in age and money as the article did......

And in Garcia's case, you also have to factor in that the Mummy is dead set on running a vertical offense, and Garcia is a poor fit in that.

milkman
07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I really like Thigpen as our backup but....

I think Garcia is the winner here because of expirence. Mobile, strong arm, accurate and a will to win, this guy is a fighter.

Just MO.

Strong arm?

LMAO

QuikSsurfer
07-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Strong arm?

LMAO

I loled

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 11:01 AM
What about that Cassel guy? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0088.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=confused/confused0088.gif)

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:05 AM
What about that Cassel guy? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0088.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=confused/confused0088.gif)

Might be the best backup quality starter in the league.

Count Zarth
07-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Thigpen is going to be butt without Gonzalez.

WhitiE
07-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I loled

lol me as well.....

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Thigpen is going to be butt without Gonzalez.

And since you like male butt, Thigpen is your ideal QB.

DTLB58
07-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Strong arm?

LMAO

I watched the playoff game yesterday, the Niners against the Giants when Garcia lead them back from a 24 point 3rd quarter deficit to win. The guy made some amazing throws, especially the TD pass the Tai streets to win the game. The guy was being chased, had someone hanging on him, the ball was all muddy and he zipped a pass where there was no room for it to go.

Ok, so that was some years ago, so maybe he has lost some zip now, but I think the guy has got game.

BarrySPAMAID
07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I'd like to grab the Mic here real quick and say something.... Ahem.....

TYLER THIGPEN CAN NOT THROW THE BALL. But he runs pretty good. His arm is the issue, ergo he is NOT the best backup in the leauge.

Chief Faithful
07-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I think Matt Cassel gives Thigpen a run for the money as best backup. The question to be answered this year is do the Chiefs have a legitimate #1?

Count Zarth
07-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I think Matt Cassel gives Thigpen a run for the money as best backup. The question to be answered this year is do the Chiefs have a legitimate #1?

This is getting ridiculous.

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:34 AM

Am I the only one here who finds Goatboy's tagline below his name classless and offensive?

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Am I the only one here who finds Goatboy's tagline below his name classless and offensive?

Hadn't noticed it.

Should be changed or removed immediately.

Count Zarth
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
A random grunt is offensive?

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
A random grunt is offensive?

Random grunt, my ass.

And taking the "i" out does nothing to make any less offensive.

RNR
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM

It is just what he wants, why he is allowed here is beyond me. He is the same troll he has always been. He plays nice every now and then but is still the twisted dump he has always been.

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:42 AM
It is just what he wants, why he is allowed here is beyond me. He is the same troll he has always been. He plays nice every now and then but is still the twisted dump he has always been.

He really needs a good ass kicking just on principle alone.

Count Zarth
07-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Random grunt, my ass.

You're reading too much into it.

It's just a random grunt.

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:43 AM
You're reading too much into it.

It's just a random grunt.

Bullshit.

Count Zarth
07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
There you go, retards. I changed it.

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:47 AM
There you go, retards. I changed it.

Go suck a dick.

splatbass
07-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Random grunt, my ass.

I guess I'm slow today, all I see is random letters. What word is it that you see? What word does it make if you insert an "I". Why is it offensive?

Chief Faithful
07-12-2009, 11:52 AM
How is it ridiculous to take a wait and see stance? Nobody on this board including you know how the Chiefs QB's are going to perform next year. Is Cassel that once in a decade find from the trash heap that grows into a true NFL starter? Or, is he another in a long line of QB's that benefit from an established system, top coaching and surrounded by quality veteran starters? Is he another Brady or another Steve Bono or Scott Mitchell. Not even Pioli or Haley know the answer at this point so why is it ridiculous to take a wait and see stance?

milkman
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I guess I'm slow today, all I see is random letters. What word is it that you see? What word does it make if you insert an "I". Why is it offensive?

You're late to the party.

TrebMaxx
07-12-2009, 12:11 PM
How is it ridiculous to take a wait and see stance? Nobody on this board including you know how the Chiefs QB's are going to perform next year. Is Cassel that once in a decade find from the trash heap that grows into a true NFL starter? Or, is he another in a long line of QB's that benefit from an established system, top coaching and surrounded by quality veteran starters? Is he another Brady or another Steve Bono or Scott Mitchell. Not even Pioli or Haley know the answer at this point so why is it ridiculous to take a wait and see stance?

I agree. I also don't understand the Thigpen hate.

splatbass
07-12-2009, 12:18 PM
You're late to the party.

Ok, then maybe you could at least give me an idea what the hell you were talking about?

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Ok, then maybe you could at least give me an idea what the hell you were talking about?

The "random grunt" that GoChiefs generated was phonetically very, very similar to the N word.

Saccopoo
07-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Clark Judge obviously never watched a Chiefs game last season. I've never been more embarrassed for a NFL level quarterback than I was for Thigpen last season. Balls five yards past the receivers in every direction, and it seemed it got worse as the season progressed. The Cincinnati game was particularly painful.

Do I specifically blame Thigpen? No. You can't expect a guy who played D-II ball, who was cut by, of all teams, the Vikings, and who was immediately thrown into a starting spot to be "good" at the NFL level. And to say that he's now "the best backup" in the NFL because he played poorly (at best), for the second worst team in the league? Yeesh.

I'd seriously take every single one of those players on the list before Thigpen. In a heartbeat.

JuicesFlowing
07-12-2009, 12:40 PM
From a Fantasy Football standpoint, Thigpen raked last year. I suppose that doesn't mean much, but he was a nice pick-up in my league. I hope Cassel puts up even better numbers though.

kysirsoze
07-12-2009, 12:42 PM
From a Fantasy Football standpoint, Thigpen raked last year. I suppose that doesn't mean much, but he was a nice pick-up in my league. I hope Cassel puts up even better numbers though.

I'd rather a QB help the Chiefs win than my fantasy team. Of course both would be pretty nice, too.:)

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2009, 12:47 PM
This article might have a little more weight if it weren't written by a Chiefs fan.

As it stands, blah.

RNR
07-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Clark Judge obviously never watched a Chiefs game last season. I've never been more embarrassed for a NFL level quarterback than I was for Thigpen last season. Balls five yards past the receivers in every direction, and it seemed it got worse as the season progressed. The Cincinnati game was particularly painful.

Do I specifically blame Thigpen? No. You can't expect a guy who played D-II ball, who was cut by, of all teams, the Vikings, and who was immediately thrown into a starting spot to be "good" at the NFL level. And to say that he's now "the best backup" in the NFL because he played poorly (at best), for the second worst team in the league? Yeesh.

I'd seriously take every single one of those players on the list before Thigpen. In a heartbeat.

I would take Garcia over Thigpen right now. That said he grew as a player IMO he looked lost but started to play better as the season wore on. The team rallied around him and he showed signs of leadership. He has his limitations but is a very solid backup IMO.

The Chiefs were in a position to win several games last year with very little talent. Had Cassel played instead of him I think they would have won the same amount of games. Give Thigpen a chance to play with that Patriots team and then compare the two. The reason I pick Garcia is because he is a vet and is a solid performer (many Russell fans seem very nervous about him ending up as the starter)

splatbass
07-12-2009, 12:57 PM
The "random grunt" that GoChiefs generated was phonetically very, very similar to the N word.

Ok, thanks! That would be offensive.

Saccopoo
07-12-2009, 01:10 PM
That said he grew as a player IMO he looked lost but started to play better as the season wore on. The team rallied around him and he showed signs of leadership. He has his limitations but is a very solid backup IMO.

I thought he got worse as the season went on. As I said, watch the Cincy game and tell me if he got better. The only thing that saved him and the Chiefs was that Gailey had the foresight to open up the offense and play to his strengths. Gailey was the MVP of last season, especially considering our QB's play, and the overall conditioning of our team. Herm (and Carl) made some seriously bad decisions, the biggest being not going after a decent qb when Croyle went down, and then with Huard getting killed, having Thigpen as the only option. I remember commenting during the first game with Thigpen as the starter that this (putting Thiggy in as a starter with no other option on hand) would get both Carl and Herm fired, and thankfully, it did.

The Chiefs were in a position to win several games last year with very little talent. Had Cassel played instead of him I think they would have won the same amount of games.

The Chiefs had what many consider to be the best TE to ever play the game, a Pro Bowl LG, a LT that had a Pro Bowl level season, a Pro Bowl running back, and one of the best young wide receivers in the league. It wasn't like they were completely devoid of talent. Thigpen constantly overthrew, underthrew and missed his intended targerts will shocking regularity. And it didn't get better of the course of the season.

Give Thigpen a chance to play with that Patriots team and then compare the two. The reason I pick Garcia is because he is a vet and is a solid performer (many Russell fans seem very nervous about him ending up as the starter)

Thigpen isn't good enough to make the Patriots. There would be no way in hell that the Patriots would have had Thigpen on their roster. The Patriots have athletic guys who can scramble. They are called running backs. They like their quarterbacks to be able to throw a ball to a receiver. Hell, he wasn't good enough to make the Vikings, and they had a worse quarterback situation than the Chiefs.

I'd pick Garcia, along with every other quarterback on that list for the simple fact that a quarterbacks primary responsibility to to throw the ball accurately to their receivers. And everyone of those guys listed does it better than Thigpen.

RNR
07-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought he got worse as the season went on. As I said, watch the Cincy game and tell me if he got better. The only thing that saved him and the Chiefs was that Gailey had the foresight to open up the offense and play to his strengths. Gailey was the MVP of last season, especially considering our QB's play, and the overall conditioning of our team. Herm (and Carl) made some seriously bad decisions, the biggest being not going after a decent qb when Croyle went down, and then with Huard getting killed, having Thigpen as the only option. I remember commenting during the first game with Thigpen as the starter that this (putting Thigpen in as a starter with no other option on hand) would get both Carl and Herm fired, and thankfully, it did.

The Chiefs had what many consider to be the best TE to ever play the game, a Pro Bowl LG, a LT that had a Pro Bowl level season, a Pro Bowl running back, and one of the best young wide receivers in the league. It wasn't like they were completely devoid of talent. Thigpen constantly overthrew, underthrew and missed his intended targerts will shocking regularity. And it didn't get better of the course of the season.

Thigpen isn't good enough to make the Patriots. There would be no way in hell that the Patriots would have had Thigpen on their roster. The Patriots have athletic guys who can scramble. They are called running backs. They like their quarterbacks to be able to throw a ball to a receiver. Hell, he wasn't good enough to make the Vikings, and they had a worse quarterback situation than the Chiefs.

I'd pick Garcia, along with every other quarterback on that list for the simple fact that a quarterbacks primary responsibility to to throw the ball accurately to their receivers. And everyone of those guys listed does it better than Thigpen.

I will concede you watched the Chiefs more than I do. I still disagree about the talent level of the Chiefs. Yes they had a few good players but the overall talent was weak to say the least. As far as the Cassel comment I remain very skeptical of him and really believeThigpin could have put up huge numbers in that offense much like any backup QB in the NFL could of.

Buehler445
07-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Didn't Kitna have a neck injury or something last year?

I'd like to grab the Mic here real quick and say something.... Ahem.....

TYLER THIGPEN CAN NOT THROW THE BALL. But he runs pretty good. His arm is the issue, ergo he is NOT the best backup in the leauge.

Wow you said something other than we were going to win the super bowl.

King_Chief_Fan
07-12-2009, 03:07 PM
I will concede you watched the Chiefs more than I do. I still disagree about the talent level of the Chiefs. Yes they had a few good players but the overall talent was weak to say the least. As far as the Cassel comment I remain very skeptical of him and really believeThigpin could have put up huge numbers in that offense much like any backup QB in the NFL could of.

not the starter Jamuchass Russell, not sure he rates above any of the backups on the list being discussed

chiefzilla1501
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM

Really? It depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a pure backup that needs to come in in a pinch, then yes. But if you're talking about a backup who can both come in in a pinch AND have some future upside, then none of those guys fits the bill. Almost all of those guys are career backups, at least at this stage of their career.

If you're Pittsburgh, you want a career backup. If you're KC and in the rebuilding phase, you've got a nice fit in Thigpen. It's interesting that the fans are the only ones in the country who don't seem to think highly of Thigpen.

RNR
07-12-2009, 03:13 PM
not the starter Jamuchass Russell, not sure he rates above any of the backups on the list being discussed

LMAO if you have read the thread you will see nothing from me boasting about Russell. So I guess this is some lame ass attempt to talk smack :rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501
07-12-2009, 03:15 PM

Your point about Anderson... I agree. I think he's taking a lot of shit for the wrong reasons. First, it's not uncommon to have a sophomore slump, especially when the entire media is waiting for you to fail so that the highly coveted backup can win the starting position. More importantly, I think people quickly forget that Anderson suffered a pretty nasty concussion in the preseason. I saw several Browns games and it's not as if Anderson was missing some spots. He was missing by a mile. I think part of that is psychological and part of that may have been rushing back to the field after a head injury?

chiefzilla1501
07-12-2009, 03:24 PM

I think you're being way too touch on Thigpen. Keep in mind that they were working off a thin playbook by necessity. As D-coordinators started to scheme their offense, it was expected that the offense would suffer. It happens to almost every young QB--they light the world on fire in their first few games, and then struggle the next few as defenses know how to scheme them. As for inaccurate passes, he obviously needs to work on his accuracy. But also keep in mind that he never really had time to work with receivers in the offseason to develop timing--that takes a very long time to develop. In the Cincy game, there were several passes where the receiver and Thigpen were clearly on a different page and the receiver ran an entirely different route.

If you're embarassed by his performance, you apparently haven't watched many other backups play football. Regardless of how good or bad Gailey was, it goes without saying that the Chiefs played far more competitive games after Thigpen than before him. The offense BEFORE Thigpen? Now that was clearly a case of very embarrassing QB play.

Hog Farmer
07-12-2009, 03:41 PM
None of those other QB's have caught a TD pass. Tyler has, and in his first year. Thigpen would be awesome come year 3.

King_Chief_Fan
07-12-2009, 04:22 PM
LMAO if you have read the thread you will see nothing from me boasting about Russell. So I guess this is some lame ass attempt to talk smack :rolleyes:

:Dyup

Raised On Riots
07-12-2009, 05:34 PM

Why? Why is it ridiculous to acknowledge the fact that Cassel was surrounded by the all-star squad and that they contributed to his success?

Fact:

We do not know what we have with this guy on the field. We know he works hard, we know he loves the game, and we know he's grateful for his opportunity.

But we do NOT know how he will fare on game day as a Kansas City Chief.
Anyone can have one good season. Cassel is a 2nd round draft pick and he has no more of an edge or experience, save learning from Brady and Belichick, than Stafford or Sanchez.

Period.

Fuckin' A right.

orange
07-12-2009, 05:40 PM

Neither of them could find their way after dropping back. The first one to evolve into a real NFL QB should have the edge...

... but Cassel's huge contract may have the final word.

Manila-Chief
07-12-2009, 05:41 PM
This back up talk is kinda funny. Haley has said there will be open competition for all positions. Who is really going to be the starting QB? The K.C. Star NFL writers have written that Cassel is a much more accurate passer than Tyler, so I assume he will win the starter role ... that, plus they traded for Cassel. But, Thiggy could be the starter.

Also, no one has mentioned the possibility of Croyle becoming the back-up. I know most on this board would like for him to be cut yesterday .. but "some experts" have mentioned that he does have talent. Remember, he was trying to run Herm's offense last year. Under Haley he just may move up the depth chart. Yeah, he gets hurt a lot, but he is still on the rooster and Haley may like him. I'm just saying ... when discussing the backup don't forget him as a possibility or even talking about the backup is silly.

orange
07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Also, no one has mentioned the possibility of Croyle becoming the back-up.

As the 3rd-string QB, Croyle should see a lot of action in pre-season.

The early Vegas line is Folded 2:1, Spindled 3:1, Mutilated 6:1.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Who gets hurt 1st? The starting QB or Croyle?

splatbass
07-12-2009, 06:28 PM
As the 3rd-string QB, Croyle should see a lot of action in pre-season.

The early Vegas line is Folded 2:1, Spindled 3:1, Mutilated 6:1.

Hopefully Haley will have him better conditioned than Herm did. Croyle is brittle, but there were so many injuries under Herm, both in KC and NY, that I have to think lack of conditioning had something to do with it.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Also, no one has mentioned the possibility of Croyle becoming the back-up.

Who?

Just Passin' By
07-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Thigpen's not even the best backup in the AFC West.

LaChapelle
07-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Who?

The kid with the serious penis bling.

Saccopoo
07-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Also, no one has mentioned the possibility of Croyle becoming the back-up. I know most on this board would like for him to be cut yesterday .. but "some experts" have mentioned that he does have talent. Remember, he was trying to run Herm's offense last year. Under Haley he just may move up the depth chart. Yeah, he gets hurt a lot, but he is still on the rooster and Haley may like him. I'm just saying ... when discussing the backup don't forget him as a possibility or even talking about the backup is silly.

I like Brodie, and it is like everyone is writing him off, which is just plain wrong. He's got a cannon for an arm, excellent huddle presence and from what has been bandied about, his teammates like and respect him. The hit that broke his leg would have broke the leg of every single quarterback in this league, and it was a massive shot of bad luck that it happened when it happened.

And, as you point out, he was shackled with a tragedy of massive proportions in being the quarterback under a Herm offense. Hell, it took two quarterbacks getting killed to finally let Herm give the offense over to Gailey, and I'm sure Herm still was screwing with Chan the whole time anyway. How would you like to be a quarterback for a coach who thinks scoring 21 points a game is arena football?

Brodie is still working on the rehab, but I wouldn't necessarily count him out. Especially for the backup position. Remember, he was our starting quarterback when the season began last year.

Personally, I think he'll be the official #2 guy behind Cassel, with Thigpen the #3 and playing a Randel-El role getting on the field in some offensive sets.

Buck
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Billy Volek

acesn8s
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I guess everyone doesn't have an equal opportunity to be the starter now.

Raised On Riots
07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I guess everyone doesn't have an equal opportunity to be the starter now.

It doesn't matter; we LOVE'S us some back ups in KC! :drool:

acesn8s
07-14-2009, 02:51 PM
It doesn't matter; we LOVE'S us some back ups in KC! :drool:When was the last time we put a "starter" out on the field?

How many of our starters should have stayed a backup?

Raised On Riots
07-14-2009, 02:54 PM
When was the last time we put a "starter" out on the field?

How many of our starters should have stayed a backup?

You'll have to consult the history books on that one, too many names and I have actual work to do today.

acesn8s
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
You'll have to consult the history books on that one, too many names and I have actual work to do today.That sux.

Reerun_KC
07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Thigpen's not even the best backup in the AFC West.

This...

And no way is he the best in the league.... IF it wasnt for Herm, Thigpen would of never seen an NFL roster.....