PDA

View Full Version : Royals Who should the Royals...

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Who should the Royals keep and who should they trade? Name 5 players that they should keep. Then name 5 players they should trade.

49 John Bale
19 Brian Bannister
52 Bruce Chen
56 Roman Colon
37 Juan Cruz
23 Zack Greinke
44 Luke Hochevar
32 Ron Mahay
55 Gil Meche
48 Joakim Soria
51 Robinson Tejeda
34 Jamey Wright
14 John Buck
21 Miguel Olivo
3 Brayan Pena
8 Willie Bloomquist
16 Billy Butler
13 Alberto Callaspo
26 Ryan Freel
1 Tony Pena
24 Mark Teahen
9 David DeJesus
11 Jose Guillen
35 Mitch Maier
17 Mike Jacobs
47 Henry Barrera
28 Kyle Davies
40 Kyle Farnsworth
38 Devon Lowery
62 Julio Cesar Pimentel
47 Sidney Ponson
53 Carlos Rosa
45 Doug Waechter
30 Mike Aviles
-- Yuniesky Betancourt
4 Alex Gordon
7 Tug Hulett
25 Kila Ka'aihue
39 Mario Lisson
-- Travis Metcalf
2 Coco Crisp

Ari Chi3fs
07-12-2009, 12:57 PM
25 players they should trade...

49 John Bale
19 Brian Bannister
52 Bruce Chen
56 Roman Colon
37 Juan Cruz
23 Zack Greinke
44 Luke Hochevar
32 Ron Mahay
55 Gil Meche
48 Joakim Soria
51 Robinson Tejeda
34 Jamey Wright
14 John Buck
21 Miguel Olivo
3 Brayan Pena
8 Willie Bloomquist
16 Billy Butler
13 Alberto Callaspo
26 Ryan Freel
1 Tony Pena
24 Mark Teahen
9 David DeJesus
11 Jose Guillen
35 Mitch Maier
17 Mike Jacobs
47 Henry Barrera
28 Kyle Davies
40 Kyle Farnsworth
38 Devon Lowery
62 Julio Cesar Pimentel
47 Sidney Ponson
53 Carlos Rosa
45 Doug Waechter
30 Mike Aviles
-- Yuniesky Betancourt
4 Alex Gordon
7 Tug Hulett
25 Kila Ka'aihue
39 Mario Lisson
-- Travis Metcalf
2 Coco Crisp

PLAYERS THEY SHOULD KEEP---

Crickets*

petegz28
07-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Greinke, Soria, Butler, Gordon and Hochevar.....

last 2 were picked only to fill out the 5 requirment

Bowser
07-12-2009, 12:58 PM
KEEP:

Grienke
Soria

TRADE:

the rest

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 12:59 PM
The list includes DL and 40 man roster

MIAdragon
07-12-2009, 01:00 PM
KEEP:

Grienke
Soria

TRADE:

the rest

Id trade anyone if the price was right.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Keep: Greinke

The rest can be had for the right price.

KCChiefsMan
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM
keep these guys

19 Brian Bannister
37 Juan Cruz
23 Zack Greinke
44 Luke Hochevar
48 Joakim Soria
14 John Buck
21 Miguel Olivo
8 Willie Bloomquist
16 Billy Butler
13 Alberto Callaspo
24 Mark Teahen
9 David DeJesus
47 Sidney Ponson
30 Mike Aviles
-- Yuniesky Betancourt
4 Alex Gordon
2 Coco Crisp

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 01:07 PM
keep these guys

19 Brian Bannister
37 Juan Cruz
23 Zack Greinke
44 Luke Hochevar
48 Joakim Soria
14 John Buck
21 Miguel Olivo
8 Willie Bloomquist
16 Billy Butler
13 Alberto Callaspo
24 Mark Teahen
9 David DeJesus
47 Sidney Ponson
30 Mike Aviles
-- Yuniesky Betancourt
4 Alex Gordon
2 Coco Crisp

You like losing 90+ in a season, with historically bad offenses? Herm, is that you?

MIAdragon
07-12-2009, 01:09 PM
You like losing 90+ in a season, with historically bad offenses? Herm, is that you?

LMAO

Kyle DeLexus
07-12-2009, 01:11 PM
I'd like to see them keep Callaspo.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Grienke, Meche, Bannister and Soria have been pitching well enough but get no run support, they stay. Callaspo and Bloomquist stay. Even if they are not a starter they are the quality backup utility players that every team needs.

These players must be traded:
Guillen, DeJesus, Gordon, Jacobs, Teahen

The rest can just go away.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Grienke, Meche, Bannister and Soria have been pitching well enough but get no run support, they stay. Callaspo and Bloomquist stay. Even if they are not a starter they are the quality backup utility players that every team needs.

These players must be traded:
Guillen, DeJesus, Gordon, Jacobs, Teahen

The rest can just go away.

I'm fine with trading all of these guys, but the return is going to be the equivalent of a bag o' dicks.

We're going to have to trade legit talent to get a decent return, and Moore has shown 0 ability to be able to pull off a high-quality trade (and here's the kicker) for the Royals.

Ahhh!!! I get it now. Moore is a secret double agent for other AL teams.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 01:44 PM
We have crap to trade. DM will need to sign decent FA and draft well before any good trade will happen for the Royals.

ILChief
07-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Keep:

Grienke
Hocheavar
Gordon
Soria
Teahen

Trade:

Meche
DeJesus
Butler
Guillen
Anyone

irishjayhawk
07-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Keep:
Grienke - Obvious.
Hocheavar - Potential.
Gordon - Ho hum but you can't trade EVERYONE and expect to grow.
Soria - Obvious.
Teahen - Too versatile for trading at this juncture.

Trade:
EVERYONE ELSE

Fire:
Training staff
Team doctors
Hillman

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I think they should let the Omaha guys come play for a week or two just to prove a point to the slackers on the field now.

duncan_idaho
07-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Keep:
Greinke
Soria
Butler
Gordon
Meche

Trade:
Teahen
DeJesus

Reasoning:
Trading Gordon at this point is a no-win. You're not going to get anything back for (at least not anything much). And it's still too early to see if his talent is going pay-off. If you trade Gordon at this point, I think there's a good chance he becomes a star in his new locale.

Don't forget he was on a .280 | .390 | .500 BA|OBP|SLG pace in 40 second-half games last season, before getting hurt.

Greinke and Soria are no-brainer keepers. Butler is only 23, and he has bounced back nicely this year, I think. Meche is still affordable and is a strong No. 2 pitcher.

As for trades... obviously there are more players than Teahen and Dejesus I'd like to get rid of. But those aren't going to be trades where you get much value in return. What are you going to get back for John Buck?

With Teahen, I think this is an EXCELLENT time to get him something back for him. Whether that's a pitcher or whatever, I look into it.

DeJesus is a good defensive outfielder and solid hitter who would be a really nice fit for a team that needs a leadoff hitter. He also would be pretty dangerous in the nine-spot.

alanm
07-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I think they should let the Omaha guys come play for a week or two just to prove a point to the slackers on the field now.If we swapped guys and the manager with Omaha except pitchers. I guarantee it would be a better ball team. Hell they should of considered Jirchele as manager before Trey Edwards. :spock::cuss:

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Keep:
Greinke
Soria
Butler
Gordon
Meche

Trade:
Teahen
DeJesus

Reasoning:
Trading Gordon at this point is a no-win. You're not going to get anything back for (at least not anything much). And it's still too early to see if his talent is going pay-off. If you trade Gordon at this point, I think there's a good chance he becomes a star in his new locale.

Don't forget he was on a .280 | .390 | .500 BA|OBP|SLG pace in 40 second-half games last season, before getting hurt.

Greinke and Soria are no-brainer keepers. Butler is only 23, and he has bounced back nicely this year, I think. Meche is still affordable and is a strong No. 2 pitcher.

As for trades... obviously there are more players than Teahen and Dejesus I'd like to get rid of. But those aren't going to be trades where you get much value in return. What are you going to get back for John Buck?

With Teahen, I think this is an EXCELLENT time to get him something back for him. Whether that's a pitcher or whatever, I look into it.

DeJesus is a good defensive outfielder and solid hitter who would be a really nice fit for a team that needs a leadoff hitter. He also would be pretty dangerous in the nine-spot.

Nice post.

I'd love to keep Gordon, Butler, Teahen, and DeJesus because they're viable pieces for a team that could compete. That said, if the return is strong, they're gone.

Bottom line: to make an impact deal, this team would have to trade pitching: Greinke, Soria, Meche, Bannister, Hochevar.

I see the level of impact consistent with the above order.

duncan_idaho
07-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Nice post.

I'd love to keep Gordon, Butler, Teahen, and DeJesus because they're viable pieces for a team that could compete. That said, if the return is strong, they're gone.

Bottom line: to make an impact deal, this team would have to trade pitching: Greinke, Soria, Meche, Bannister, Hochevar.

I see the level of impact consistent with the above order.

I was floating a Meche to the Brewers trade with a couple of buddies at work the other day.

Alcides Escobar was my main target, with a pitcher throw-in. Would have even taken Manny Parra (who still has a lot of talent). The rumored trade with the Phillies (Lou Marson and Carrasco) would have worked out well, too.

You're right that you have to GIVE something to get something. Even though I have Meche on my "Keep" list, I'd move him for enough of an offer.

Not sure I'd do that for Gordon or Soria. Certainly wouldn't for Greinke. Butler? I'd consider it, I guess, but I really think he's got an excellent chance to develop into an Edgar Martinez-type hitter (consistent .320 | 20 HR | 45 2B | 100 RBI hitter)

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I was floating a Meche to the Brewers trade with a couple of buddies at work the other day.

Alcides Escobar was my main target, with a pitcher throw-in. Would have even taken Manny Parra (who still has a lot of talent). The rumored trade with the Phillies (Lou Marson and Carrasco) would have worked out well, too.

You're right that you have to GIVE something to get something. Even though I have Meche on my "Keep" list, I'd move him for enough of an offer.

Not sure I'd do that for Gordon or Soria. Certainly wouldn't for Greinke. Butler? I'd consider it, I guess, but I really think he's got an excellent chance to develop into an Edgar Martinez-type hitter (consistent .320 | 20 HR | 45 2B | 100 RBI hitter)

I don't think we'd get much back for Gordon or Butler, and these two are going to be productive players for years to come, assuming the latter can handle being a DH. Dude can certainly swing it a bit.

All I'm thinking about is how this team can acquire "stars."

IMO, I'd be looking hard to move Soria. Bad teams don't need great closers--it's a wonderful luxury--and he could command several top prospects. On 810 last week, Stark said the return would be "HUGE" (caps to reflect how he said it).

Problem is, I wish someone else besides Moore was making these tough decisions.

Kyle DeLexus
07-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Meche still has a no trade clause this season and has said he wants to stay here.

Sure-Oz
07-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Meche still has a no trade clause this season and has said he wants to stay here.
No pressure here that's why

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 02:47 PM

What's he supposed to say, though? Fuck this team and this city?

If he had a chance to go to Philly or St. Louis, do you really think he'd say no? Fuck, I wouldn't.

duncan_idaho
07-12-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't think we'd get much back for Gordon or Butler, and these two are going to be productive players for years to come, assuming the latter can handle being a DH. Dude can certainly swing it a bit.

All I'm thinking about is how this team can acquire "stars."

IMO, I'd be looking hard to move Soria. Bad teams don't need great closers--it's a wonderful luxury--and he could command several top prospects. On 810 last week, Stark said the return would be "HUGE" (caps to reflect how he said it).

Problem is, I wish someone else besides Moore was making these tough decisions.

I'd move Soria for a big haul. Again, I think the Brewers are somebody that would be a good fit there. Tampa would seem like an option, too.

As for Moore... I'm torn. I like what he has done in the minor-league organization, which was a disaster when he got here. I like the commitment to spending money on the farm system. I think this year's draft class has huge potential, and I love the signings of guys like Myers, Mehlville, Biannchi and that lefthanded pitcher from Clemson in later rounds.

Obviously, his success with moves at the MLB level has not been as high as you'd like.

irishjayhawk
07-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Keep:
Grienke - Obvious.
Hocheavar - Potential.
Gordon - Ho hum but you can't trade EVERYONE and expect to grow.
Soria - Obvious.
Teahen - Too versatile for trading at this juncture.

Trade:
EVERYONE ELSE

Fire:
Training staff
Team doctors
Hillman

I overlooked Butler, but did keep it within 5. :)

Kyle DeLexus
07-12-2009, 02:53 PM
What's he supposed to say, though? Fuck this team and this city?

If he had a chance to go to Philly or St. Louis, do you really think he'd say no? Fuck, I wouldn't.

I think Sure-oz is right about the no pressure thing, he doesn't even have to be the best pitcher on our team. He could have said he's open to whatever or will discuss it when/if it comes up, but he said he wants to stay here and win as a Royal and thats why he signed here. There are better ways to handle things if you would really want to leave.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I'd move Soria for a big haul. Again, I think the Brewers are somebody that would be a good fit there. Tampa would seem like an option, too.

As for Moore... I'm torn. I like what he has done in the minor-league organization, which was a disaster when he got here. I like the commitment to spending money on the farm system. I think this year's draft class has huge potential, and I love the signings of guys like Myers, Mehlville, Biannchi and that lefthanded pitcher from Clemson in later rounds.

Obviously, his success with moves at the MLB level has not been as high as you'd like.

Regarding Moore and the farm system, does anyone else who is equipped with the money to spend it do anything different?

I see no expertise. I see an owner who has equipped a below-average GM with money to spend, and he's done what anyone would do in the draft (including you or me) and pissed all of the resources away at the ML level.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I would like to see Butler stay. He has a better bat than most on this team and he is becoming a better 1st baseman every day. Teahen would get a pass from me but his clutch hitting seems to suck ass, IMO. DeJesus seems to not even care anymore.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I think Sure-oz is right about the no pressure thing, he doesn't even have to be the best pitcher on our team. He could have said he's open to whatever or will discuss it when/if it comes up, but he said he wants to stay here and win as a Royal and thats why he signed here. There are better ways to handle things if you would really want to leave.

Maybe so. Obviously, one needs to excuse the hyperbole in my response, but I just think he was displaying some strong PR qualities.

Sure-Oz
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Trey's favorite word is 'stiffness' when it comes to injuries....i bet he gets stiff down south thinking of ryan freel, mitch maier, TPJ and mike jacobs in the lineup

Sure-Oz
07-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Mitch Maiers career is over after this AS break, thats why he gunned down the guy at 3rd....he knows he wont have a MLB career

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 02:59 PM
If he could hit it would be a different story with him. Thanx Sietz.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm not convinced that TPJ is going to be DFA.

Crush
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Nuke the whole team from orbit. It is the only way to be sure.

duncan_idaho
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Regarding Moore and the farm system, does anyone else who is equipped with the money to spend it do anything different?

I see no expertise. I see an owner who has equipped a below-average GM with money to spend, and he's done what anyone would do in the draft (including you or me) and pissed all of the resources away at the ML level.

A lot of teams still go the signability route in round 1, which Moore certainly is not guilty of. And few are willing to spend first-round bucks in rounds 2,3 and 4 (Biancchi, Myers, Mehlville, Clemson pitcher).

But I'm not sold on Moore either way. I'm not opposed to giving him another year or so to show what he's got, but I'm also not opposed to him getting the boot, either.

DeezNutz
07-12-2009, 03:17 PM
A lot of teams still go the signability route in round 1, which Moore certainly is not guilty of. And few are willing to spend first-round bucks in rounds 2,3 and 4 (Biancchi, Myers, Mehlville, Clemson pitcher).

But I'm not sold on Moore either way. I'm not opposed to giving him another year or so to show what he's got, but I'm also not opposed to him getting the boot, either.

Do you think those GMs want to go signability? That they don't want to select first-round talent in rounds 3-4? This is based on the willingness of ownership.

Moore gets credit for two things, IMO, since arriving in KC:

1. Signing Meche. Based on his other FA signings, this is looking more like the sun hitting the dog's ass.
2. Signing Soria.

The Greinke extension is in the same category as spending legit money on the draft and in LA; any financially equipped GM would do the same thing.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Fuck signability. If they want to play they will sign. J.D Drew sat out a year wanting more money and still he hasn't played up to the contracts that he has received. He still signed with the Cards for less than what was offered by the Phillies.

Mecca
07-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Mark Teahen has alot more value to a team like the Yankees than he does the Royals where he can be a utility backup.

acesn8s
07-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Mark Teahen has alot more value to a team like the Yankees than he does the Royals where he can be a utility backup.He is only a starter on our team because of injurys. His job was to be a 2nd baseman this year. He's not a 2nd baseman.