Dartgod
07-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Got laid off today.

Happy Fucking Birthday to me.

:(

JOhn
07-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Damn dude, sorry to hear this.
Will keep you in my prayers, and I know something better will come along.

seclark
07-15-2009, 09:16 AM
sorry to hear that...you're one of the good guys.
happy bday anyway, i guess.
sec

rockymtnchief
07-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Damn, how many are unemployed on here now?

Good luck to you!!!

Frazod
Ugh. On your fucking birthday? God that's awful. :shake:

If I wasn't 500 miles away I'd buy you many beers.

MTG#10
Got laid off today.

Happy ****ing Birthday to me.

Thats horrible man, sorry to hear it. You married? Kids?

JOhn
07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Damn, how many are unemployed on here now?

Good luck to you!!!

Yea, no shit. Worries me a bit being I work in a vacation destination. But so far we've been pretty damn lucky, business is actually up> :shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts
07-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Jesus. Very sorry to hear it bud. I get the impression that you're a hard worker though, you'll land on your feet.

FAX
Damn. Sorry about this, Mr. Dartgod. Very sorry.

Please advise if there's anything I can do.

FAX

Skip Towne
What a crappy deal. I hope you find something better soon. Big Red Chief might be able to help you.

ChiTown
07-15-2009, 09:20 AM
crap

Sorry to hear about that, Bob. Hope you land on your feet soon.

Gonzo
07-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Well shit,
That sucks...

At any rate HBD man.
Try not to worry too much and enjoy it.

I hope they gave you some sort of severance package.

dirk digler
07-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear that Dartgod man that really sucks.

What kind of business were you working for?

milkman
07-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Look at the bright side.

You won't be going to work with a hangover from the celebration tommorrow.

HBD.

Sorry about the lay off.

You'll land on your feet, I'm sure.

KC Dan
Holy Batfvck, man. Damn sorry to hear it. Damn sorry...

Dartgod
Thanks for the thoughts. I work in IT.

Got 8 weeks severance. Married, no kids. We'll survive.

talastan
07-15-2009, 09:27 AM
HBD and hope something else better comes up Dartgod. Let us know if we can help an any way!

rockymtnchief
07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Yea, no shit. Worries me a bit being I work in a vacation destination. But so far we've been pretty damn lucky, business is actually up> :shrug:

Pffft...top gigolos never run out of work. Stop worrying!

Anyway, that's pretty cold laying you off on your birthday!

Gonzo
07-15-2009, 09:30 AM

Well...

There you go. IT jobs are usually recession proof man. It shouldn't be to hard to find work.

Good luck.

Buehler445
07-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey dude. That sucks. You survived so many too!!!

Damn. hopefully something comes along.

Not that it will mean anything, but HBD.

Saulbadguy
07-15-2009, 09:34 AM
That sucks. Whadya do in IT?

HemiEd
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hear about his Bob. You have been there quite a while, right? Hopefully they gave you some kind of package, to ease the pain.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, hope it gets better! :toast:

FAX
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
... Anyway, that's pretty cold laying you off on your birthday!

Extremely so.

FAX

MagicHef
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM

Wow, I got laid off on Friday, got one week working notice, and one week severance.

BigRedChief
07-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear. I bumped the I.T. thread. Anything I can do to help, just let me know.

BigMeatballDave
07-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear. I feel your pain.

FAX
07-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Wow, I got laid off on Friday, got one week working notice, and one week severance.

Jeez. There's a lot of this going around. Unreal. Really unreal.

This economy must be worse than I thought.

FAX

Skip Towne
07-15-2009, 09:51 AM
The nice thing about not having a job is you can't be fired or laid off.

RJ
07-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Damn, dude, I'm real sorry to hear that.

I went through it at the first of the year. Turned out I had plenty to keep me busy for the first few weeks.....lots of honey-do's I'd been putting off. I got a lot done and the activity kept my mind off being unemployed. A few weeks after that I was back to work and missing that free time. Hopefully a new gig will come your way quick, but not so quick that you don't get a few minutes to breathe.

And try to have a happy birthday. Might as well, right?

shakesthecat
07-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear it, Bob.

HBD anyway, and here's hoping you find something better soon!
:toast:

Mr. Wizard
07-15-2009, 10:02 AM
good lord, I can't imagine what that is like. best of luck.

TrebMaxx
07-15-2009, 10:06 AM
I am sure you will bounce back, hopefully with an even better job. HBD too!

MagicHef
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
My layoff came at a pretty interesting time.

I'm married, we're expecting our first child in September, we're under contract on a house, and my wife's mom and sister just moved in with us because her mom's (soon to be ex-) husband is a cheating, abusive piece of trash. We'll make it, though.

Um, anyone looking for a Mechanical Engineer?

Jenson71
07-15-2009, 10:16 AM
My layoff came at a pretty interesting time.

I'm married, we're expecting our first child in September, we're under contract on a house, and my wife's mom and sister just moved in with us because her mom's (soon to be ex-) husband is a cheating, abusive piece of trash. We'll make it, though.

Um, anyone looking for a Mechanical Engineer?

Sheesh.

I pray the best for you and Dartgod, and all the other members here facing hard times.

Radar Chief
07-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Sorry Dart, that sucks.

Nzoner
07-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear Bob,I know you'll be fine,so in the meantime mix up some margs and enjoy your day.

kepp
07-15-2009, 10:20 AM

What do you do in IT and where do you live?

DeezNutz
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Sorry to learn of the bad news and the terrible timing.

You're a smart guy, and I have no doubt you're hard working, so you'll get through this fine.

Keep your head up.

LaChapelle
07-15-2009, 10:27 AM
It can always be worse. You share an NFL birthday with a guy from the twenties named Dick Rauch. Bernie Madoff got laid on this morning and probably will again at noon.

morphius
07-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry man, that really, truly sucks. I hope you find something soon.

kc rush
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear it. Good luck finding something new.

Dayze
07-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry Holmes; that chit happened to me last October completely out of the blue; Friday morning at 9am; our office shut down.

It sucks man. Let me know if I can help etc. What do you do?
Dunno if I can help, but worth a shot.

Mile High Mania
Sorry to hear about that, man.

Has anyone thought of creating a sub-forum on this site and harnessing the power of the people here for professional networking assistance?

There are many that have been laid off, some are looking for new jobs, etc... there is a TON of talent on the board and many people with connections.

I know that some may reach out offline, via PM or whatever... but, couldn't something be done as more of a 'group effort' to centrally keep track of who is needing help and who could help?

Just a thought... it's tough out there and leveraging personal/professional resources is paramount right now for helping people find jobs.

CoMoChief
That sucks. I'd pray, but God usually doesn't listen to me anyways.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2009, 10:43 AM
That sucks. I'd pray, but God usually doesn't listen to me anyways.

Not to get off an a tangent that would turn this thread upside down, but maybe He is not the one with the listening problem.

ziggysocki
07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
this thread just got religious. :popcorn:

Monty
07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Hang in there Bob. When one door shuts, another opens.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-15-2009, 10:46 AM
It can always be worse. You share an NFL birthday with a guy from the twenties named Dick Rauch. Bernie Madoff got laid on this morning and probably will again at noon.

So you're a fan of puckered up assholes?

Jenson71
07-15-2009, 10:47 AM
this thread just got religious. :popcorn:

THERE IS NO GOD SUCKERS!! HHAHAHAHA

ziggysocki
07-15-2009, 10:48 AM

Then I guess it would be a waste of time to tell you to go burn in Hell? ROFL :thumb:

Mile High Mania
07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I figured there would be some replies, but I had to post that one...

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track...

What are your thoughts on how to best leverage the power of CP to help people find jobs?

LaChapelle
07-15-2009, 10:59 AM
So you're a fan of puckered up assholes?

You lost me at fan.

BigRedChief
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
I figured there would be some replies, but I had to post that one...

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track...

What are your thoughts on how to best leverage the power of CP to help people find jobs?
We have a I.T job thread to post jobs people hear about.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
You lost me at fan.

LMAO

Sure-Oz
07-15-2009, 11:08 AM
wow, this economy blows

my uncle and my cousin got laid off from their jobs last week, he worked 20 years with the company and she worked 13 with hers...

bullshit

hope you find something soon

Groves
07-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Thats no fun, Dart.

No smart alec comment can take away the sting.

Now you'll have time to install a garbage disposal in your bathtub, right? Why leave?

PhillyChiefFan
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
damn, that is terrible man.

I am really sorry to hear that, and on your birthday??

I hope something better comes along quickly for you and your family.

Rain Man
07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Dang it. That's too bad. I hope you find something better, and this becomes a "seemed bad at first but was a blessing in disguise" story.

FishingRod
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
That sucks, Sorry man

Mile High Mania
07-15-2009, 11:36 AM
We have a I.T job thread to post jobs people hear about.

Ahhhh - cool, did not know that... obviously.

CrazyPhuD
07-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Nah there's a god, just no one has been able to answer why he needs a starship.

Now on a real note...sorry DG...:( hope things pick up soon...at least you got a decent severance.

FAX
07-15-2009, 11:49 AM

I didn't know about it until today, either. I have to say that it's a fantastic idea. A much better idea than trying to save money on garden fertilizer by using your hat to catch bird poo falling from the sky.

I'm wondering if anyone has actually gotten a job yet ... by virtue of using the thread, I mean.

FAX

Donger
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Ick. Sorry to hear that, Dartgod.

Lzen
07-15-2009, 11:54 AM
That sucks, DG. Especially on your bday. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

HBD anyway.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Happy B-day!

Sorry about the job-hopefully you will get a better one.

Hang in there.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-15-2009, 11:55 AM

It was still one of the best ideas I've ever heard from a Donko fan on this site.

Bwana
07-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear that Bob. I know it won't last long for you. Take a little time and chill out.

ChiefaRoo
07-15-2009, 12:20 PM

Not anymore. Those days are over.

FAX
07-15-2009, 12:24 PM
It was still one of the best ideas I've ever heard from a Donko fan on this site.

I don't know ... there was that one donko fan, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts, who threatened to drown himself in a bathtub full of lime jello. That was a pretty good idea.

FAX

Bowser
07-15-2009, 12:29 PM

Really sorry to hear, man. On your b-day to boot. Complete crap.

Take a week off, sample a few 'ritas , and then go looking after. Good luck.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't know ... there was that one donko fan, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts, who threatened to drown himself in a bathtub full of lime jello. That was a pretty good idea.

FAX

Yes. That was the very bestest idea from a Donko fan.

Dartgod
07-15-2009, 12:40 PM
That sucks. Whadya do in IT?

What do you do in IT and where do you live?
I was doing desktop development in KC Metro. Some of the stuff I did on a regular basis:

Enterprise PC image creation and deployment
Software deployment (Computer Associates SDO)
Active Directory/Group Policy administration
Security Patch deployment
I've done a lot of PC refresh project work
I'm very good with documentation - recently did all end user and support documentation for 6,000+ user Citrix migration.
Tier 3 client support
I have some experience in networking and have just began dabbling in Citrix support.

Lots of other stuff that doesn't come to mind right now.

Dartgod
07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
The nice thing about not having a job is you can't be fired or laid off.
And I don't have to go on call this Friday as scheduled. :thumb:

patteeu
07-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear it, Dartgod. Good luck finding something else that you like even better. HBD too.

Iowanian
07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Just in time to go catch some Crappie...

You'll land on your feet Bob.

Just don't let them know in your next interview that you don't really know what an H-back is....

Mile High Mania
07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I was doing desktop development in KC Metro. Some of the stuff I did on a regular basis:

Enterprise PC image creation and deployment
Software deployment (Computer Associates SDO)
Active Directory/Group Policy administration
Security Patch deployment
I've done a lot of PC refresh project work
I'm very good with documentation - recently did all end user and support documentation for 6,000+ user Citrix migration.
Tier 3 client support
I have some experience in networking and have just began dabbling in Citrix support.

Lots of other stuff that doesn't come to mind right now.

I live in Dallas so things may not be the same in other areas, but I'm in IT sales and while things are still sluggish... many customers, even those in retail and other areas hit hard, are hiring. There is a feeling that things are picking up, so that's positive.

I also know that a TON of recruiters have been reaching out for people for various sales and true IT roles... are you in touch with any recruiters?

If you're not on LinkedIN... I would suggest getting on there and connecting with as many of your co-workers and peers as you can find. There are resources there that you can leverage and recruiters will find you.

If you're on there, PM me with your info... I can put you in touch with some IT recruiters that may have visibility into openings in your area.

Best of luck..

AZORChiefFan
07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
That sucks. I too will be joining the ranks of the unemployed Friday!!! Hoping its one of them blessing in disguise things and not a living under a bridge things.

Braincase
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear it Bob. Hope your fortunes improve in the immediate future.

BigRedChief
07-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I live in Dallas so things may not be the same in other areas, but I'm in IT sales and while things are still sluggish... many customers, even those in retail and other areas hit hard, are hiring. There is a feeling that things are picking up, so that's positive.

I also know that a TON of recruiters have been reaching out for people for various sales and true IT roles... are you in touch with any recruiters?

If you're not on LinkedIN... I would suggest getting on there and connecting with as many of your co-workers and peers as you can find. There are resources there that you can leverage and recruiters will find you.

If you're on there, PM me with your info... I can put you in touch with some IT recruiters that may have visibility into openings in your area.

Best of luck..
I would suggest putting in as many keywords as you possible can into your resume for word searchs to find. Every piece of software, hardware you have ever worked with.

Fairplay
07-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey Dartgod i feel so bad for you. I remember you were hinting around about it down the months. Heck, its practically happening everywhere.

Nothing is set in stone for any of us my friend. You hang in there. You have a lot of friends on here that you've known and trusted. That's what friends are for, the good and the bad. Just someone to listen to makes a world of difference.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Just stay positive...i know its hard, but don't give up there will be good times ahead

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that Dart. I would think someone who understands all this technology nonsense wouldn't be out of work for too long.

Goldmember
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
stay positive...I got laid off the first of April but should have a job offer tomorrow...I worked hard at finding a job...stay busy

ChiefsFan4Life
07-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear that man but more often than not getting laid off ended up being for the best for everyone I know - they got some free time, found a job, and ended up in a better situation - I hope the same happens for you

Hog Farmer
07-15-2009, 06:52 PM

That's exactly right and today is your lucky day!

Do you have a jar, a rubber glove and a hockey mask ?

Are you willing to relocate ?

RNR
07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Damn sorry to hear that. I started with the company I work right at a year and a half ago. They have cut their employment by over 50%, 60% in indirect labor which I am. To say I am worried is an understatement!

ROYC75
07-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear this Bob . Best of luck to ya.

old_geezer
07-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Darn! I don't visit or post much here anymore during the off-season and I log on today to see this. Keep your head up and maintain a positive attitude friend. You're a good man and something will come your way. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

boogblaster
07-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry man .. this country is in a hell-of-a-shape .. hope you find something soon ...

wild1
07-15-2009, 09:45 PM
sorry to hear (read) this. hopefully things pick up soon. One advantage you have is all the experience you can offer. i bet that in this market the companies that are hiring are the really strong ones, and so when things pick up you'll be in a place that comes out even stronger after the herd has been thinned of less stable companies.

try to enjoy the time off, even if it's not voluntary. i would be looking every day like that was my job, but make sure you get in some time with your missus and work on some hobbies and personal stuff, project around the house, whatever you have. keep a cycle of achievement going and you'll be ok

i think about what the previous generation and the generation before that lived through, and times were tough for them in a few places as well, but we always emerged from it stronger than before.

Dartgod
07-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Once again, thanks for all the thoughts and encouragement.

This is truly what makes this place kick ass.

Dartgod
07-15-2009, 10:00 PM
That's exactly right and today is your lucky day!

Do you have a jar, a rubber glove and a hockey mask ?

Are you willing to relocate ?
I'm afraid to ask what the hockey mask is for.

FAX
07-15-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm afraid to ask what the hockey mask is for.

ROFL

Do you seriously want people to recognize you while you're hand jobbing a hog?

FAX

Dartgod
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
ROFL

Do you seriously want people to recognize you while you're hand jobbing a hog?

FAX
:doh!: I knew I was missing something.

Frazod
07-15-2009, 10:16 PM
I hope it's late enough that I can wish you a happy birthday now.

luv
07-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear it, man. Hope your birthday was a good as it could be under those circumstances.

FAX
07-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey, Mr. Dartgod ... here's a story for you ...

In our home, we have this crazy, giant water filtration system. It's some kind of weird deal that's used on nuclear submarines or some such that the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX just HAD TO HAVE so that fabulous, clean, filtered, super healthy, wonderful water would emerge like magic from every spout and spigot in the entire friggin' house. It's supposed to filter the water down to the level of a virus, has bunches of wacky parts, and requires a certain amount of ongoing maintenance. The other day, I'm checking the system and I notice that a leak has started where the water filter pipe thing connects to the house water access thing. Not a bad leak, but bad enough to call the company and have them send over a service guy.

So, I call the company and they tell me that the only time a service guy can come is between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm ... essentially any friggin' time at all. This, of course, pisses me off to no end because I have to take time off from work and meet some service guy which forces me to miss practically an entire day at the office and time is gol-danged money, as we know. On the other hand, I can't have water spewing all over the place (super clean or otherwise) and I'm running out of pots and pans and the house plants and dogs are already drowning, so I agree.

Well, as it so happened, the company winds up being short on service guys that day - no doubt because there are leaks throughout the county and Target is running low on life preservers. So, apparently, the owner of the water filter business decides he'll do the job himself, assigns himself to my problem, and drives over to my house about 10:30. The owner, for crying out loud. So he shows, fixes the leak, and we wind up talking for awhile about cabbages and kings and who shot John.

Well, by the time he leaves, he's agreed to license our software because it turns out that his company has just launched a new, expensive, marketing program and he has been looking all over hell's half acre for software that does EXACTLY what ours does. A couple of days later, I have a signed license and a check.

The moral? Sometimes, just when you feel like you've been shafted by a big, soggy hog pecker, an opportunity appears out of nowhere that is lots better than a big, soggy hog pecker.

FAX

Redrum_69
07-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Its ok Dartgod.

I mean, I got laid off back on 10/10/08 and still dont have a f**king job.

I just got back from a Caribbean cruise too.

:eek:

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Its ok Dartgod.

:eek:Unemployed and going on a cruise? Must be nice...

RJ
07-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Its ok Dartgod.

:eek:

I almost started a thread yesterday asking your whereabouts.

I think a made a sandwich or something instead.

But I did notice you were gone.

Redrum_69
07-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Unemployed and going on a cruise? Must be nice...

It was very nice.

Very. Nice.

Redrum_69
07-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I almost started a thread yesterday asking your whereabouts.

I think a made a sandwich or something instead.

But I did notice you were gone.

I almost didnt come back.

I think I could handle living in Cozumel the rest of my life.

FAX
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I almost didnt come back.

I think I could handle living in Cozumel the rest of my life.

Hey, Mr. Redrum_69! Welcome back. How's your mom?

Cozumel is kind of nice, isn't it? Did you see one of those big lizards?

FAX

gblowfish
07-16-2009, 10:46 PM
That's cold blooded, have a four day BD Celebration, then get out there.
Stay positive and believe in yourself. Let us know how it turns out.

stevieray
07-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Damn.

:shake:

chiefbowe82
07-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Damn.

:shake:

STEVE!!!! What section do you usually sit in?

Ebolapox
07-16-2009, 11:47 PM
damn, man. good luck on getting another one, but in my experience, hard work tends to eventually pay off.

and k_c_06: he sits in the section they show on tv :p

Reaper16
07-16-2009, 11:56 PM
i haz no j0bz eether

weel write 4 f00dz dollers

greg63
07-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Got laid off today.

That sucks dude!

I got the ax too, but not on my birthday.

ChiTown
07-17-2009, 07:20 AM
i haz no j0bz eether

weel write 4 f00dz dollers

Your Higher'd!

Sinseerly,

'Nut
:D

petegz28
07-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Got laid off today.

Raw deal buddy...sorry to hear that.

Dartgod
10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Good news. I found out today that I got a job!

shakesthecat
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Congrats, Bob!

Buehler445
10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Good news. Is it just a job or is it where you wnat to be?
Posted via Mobile Device

kregger
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Must be a lucky day. I got word from a friend that she found a job after being without since May.
Yea! for the both of you.

Mile High Mania
10-07-2009, 02:52 PM

Congrats man... 3 months is a long time, I have several friends that have been trying to find something for just as long or longer. Enjoy.

Bearcat
10-07-2009, 02:53 PM

Congratulations! :toast:

TrebMaxx
10-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Congrats! Great thing in this economic environment.

kc rush
10-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Glad to hear it.

Dartgod
10-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Good news. Is it just a job or is it where you wnat to be?
Posted via Mobile Device
It's where I want to be. It's a contract to hire and after 90 days the salary convert to about what I was making before. It's a good strong company. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all the congrats!

Buehler445
10-07-2009, 03:05 PM
It's where I want to be. It's a contract to hire and after 90 days the salary convert to about what I was making before. It's a good strong company. I couldn't be happier.

Wow. That's great. I'm really glad it worked out for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
10-07-2009, 03:10 PM

Congrats dude. It's a testament to your drive and determination that you landed something worth while in an economy like this.

CoMoChief
10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
You blow job Betty, you.

Iowanian
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
good news.

Brock
10-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Nice, dude.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Let's see if I can get this moved to DC....

THANK OBAMA....He's THE MAN!!!

Just kidding.

Good luck, Dart Dude. Glad to hear some good news for a change.

Calcountry
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Good news. I found out today that I got a job!Sorry I missed this the first time around, congratulations! :toast:

SNAFU
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Congrats! Some times you end up better off than you were. I know I did.

I got laid off Mar. 30th from a large energy services comapany that shall go unnamed. What was sad was they herded us all up like cattle and put us in this large room. We were put into small groups and called up to the department heads office to hear how sorry they were. While this was happening, other supervisors and team leads went back to our offices to box all our stuff up. We were not allowed to go back to our offices to gather are belongings. I have never seen so many grown men sobbing as they walked out. It sucked!
Went to work in June to a small but stable company. Much better off.

Once again, Congrats. Good to hear stories like this.

patteeu
10-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Let's see if I can get this moved to DC....

THANK OBAMA....He's THE MAN!!!

Just kidding.

Good luck, Dart Dude. Glad to hear some good news for a change.

:LOL:

Congratulations, Dartgod.

RJ
10-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Dart, that's great, glad to hear it.

Nicely played, by the way, not finding a new gig until summer had passed.:toast:

JASONSAUTO
10-07-2009, 04:26 PM
congrats man

Simply Red
10-07-2009, 04:31 PM
;)the worrying is over, good job!

Demonpenz
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
let me guess, you're a wrestler

RNR
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM

Good to hear!

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks for all the congrats!Nice. Congrats!:thumb:

RedThat
10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Man sorry to hear about that bud.

I can relate. Same thing happened to me over a year ago. Im unemployed collecting benefits right now and planning on going back to school. It's an economic disaster out there ppl losing jobs left right and center.

well, I hope things pick up and lets hope for the best that things will get better for you and everybody else. The only real positive I can say right now, is, enjoy spending more quality time with your family. Through my experience at the least thats what I can say is the benefit to a layoff.

stormtrooper
10-07-2009, 05:40 PM
ive been out since aug. 20. im on vacation for six months. enjoy the time off.. :thumb:

Dartgod
10-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Man sorry to hear about that bud.

I can relate. Same thing happened to me over a year ago. Im unemployed collecting benefits right now and planning on going back to school. It's an economic disaster out there ppl losing jobs left right and center.

well, I hope things pick up and lets hope for the best that things will get better for you and everybody else. The only real positive I can say right now, is, enjoy spending more quality time with your family. Through my experience at the least thats what I can say is the benefit to a layoff.
Dude. I started this thread 3 months ago when I got laid off. I have a job now.

morphius
10-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Sounds like it worked out for the best, congrats man!

BigMeatballDave
10-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Good news. I found out today that I got a job!Awesome. Congrats! I start my new job Monday.

Bwana
10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Great News! Congrats Bob.

DeezNutz
10-07-2009, 08:46 PM

Cool.

Congrats!

dirk digler
10-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Congrats Dartgod. Aren't you in IT?

cdcox
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I thought your job was to run the gambling thread?

Congrats and best wishes in your new job!

Dartgod
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Congrats Dartgod. Aren't you in IT?
Yes.

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Glad to hear it. Most guys can't last 2 weeks without a job.

Dartgod
10-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Glad to hear it. Most guys can't last 2 weeks without a job.
The longest I've been out of work previously was one month. So three months was hell. Especially the last three weeks or so.

Ebolapox
10-07-2009, 09:10 PM
congrats!

KcMizzou
10-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Excellent. Congratulations, man.

Rain Man
10-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Dude. I started this thread 3 months ago when I got laid off. I have a job now.

Way to kick the guy when he's down.

Congrats on the job, though. Idle hands are the devil's workshop.