PDA

View Full Version : Poop Favre to make decision by July 30

KCtotheSB
07-15-2009, 01:44 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-12-175/Moving-toward-a-last-second-decision.html

FAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVRE FAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVRE FAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVREFAVRE FAVREFAVREFAVRE

Scorp
07-15-2009, 01:45 PM
FFF! (F*ck Favre Forever)

wild1
07-15-2009, 01:46 PM
of course he will drag it out as long as possible. he loves attention more than anything.

alpha_omega
07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I wish he would just go away!

doomy3
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm certainly on the edge of my seat.

FAX
07-15-2009, 01:51 PM
I thought he'd already decided ... to play for the Vikes, and all.

FAX

Mr_Tomahawk
I thought he retired last year?

DTLB58
Since that is the day before training camp......DUH!!!!!

Donger
07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Thank Favre for this announcement. It's getting really difficult to not breathe.

booyaf2
07-15-2009, 01:53 PM
It was actually breaking news at lunch on espn. July 30th might as well be a national holiday now. Which works out, my birthday is the day before.

FAX
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Thank Favre for this announcement. It's getting really difficult to not breathe.

ROFL

The entire world is a somewhat lighter shade of blue right now.

FAX

Scorp
07-15-2009, 01:58 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9247/favre1.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/107/favre2.jpg

Dicky McElephant
07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
God I hope he throws 35 INTs this year for the Vikes. That and the Vikes go 8-8.

LaChapelle
07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Some Pack fans are trying to sell purple #4 jerseys with JUDAS on the back. If Favre is Judas, who the hell is the Pack version of Jesus and God?

Bwana
07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
of course he will drag it out as long as possible. he loves attention more than anything.

He does seem to be the gochiefs of the NFL alright.

Dicky McElephant
07-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Some Pack fans are trying to sell purple #4 jerseys with JUDAS on the back. If Favre is Judas, who the hell is the Pack version of Jesus and God?

Here you go.

the Talking Can
07-15-2009, 02:13 PM
he's announcing to TMZ

beach tribe
07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I guess I shouldn't be in this thread, cause I don't give a shit what he does, but I'll go ahead, and give you the scoop on what is gonna happen.

Farve comes back, plays decent the first half of the season, winds up throwing 20 picks on the year, yet rides AP, and the D to the POs where he loses the game for them against the Packers by throwing 4 INTs two returned for TDs.

FAX
07-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Here you go.

ROFL

That's awesome. You gotta love the cheeseheads.

FAX

FAX
07-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I guess I shouldn't be in this thread, cause I don't give a shit what he does, but I'll go ahead, and give you the scoop on what is gonna happen.

Farve comes back, plays decent the first half of the season, winds up throwing 20 picks on the year, yet rides AP, and the D to the POs where he loses the game for them against the Packers by throwing 4 INTs two returned for TDs.

And that, I'm sure, is awfully close to the truth, Mr. beach tribe. LOL

FAX

Mile High Mania
07-15-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.sportsfan4.com/media/brett_favre_letmeplay.jpg

FAX
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Look out!!! He's gonna fling it!!!

FAX

Skip Towne
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM

Peterson's nckname is AD, not AP. It started at OU where his teammates called him "All Day".

orange
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM

http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/cheesus.jpg

JuicesFlowing
07-15-2009, 02:42 PM
I thought he'd already decided ... to play for the Vikes, and all.

FAX

No, apparently that was just a lie fabricated and reported by ESPN, as they usually do.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Sammy Baugh considers his options.

FAX
07-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh. That reminds me. Thanks, Mr. orange.

Have you guys tried the new Ritz crackers yet? They are special ones with special Omega-3s and special shapes (not circles) and special flavors and they come in a special, resealable bag ... not a box. The flavors include stuff like Sour Cream & Onions, BBQ (I think), Oriental Bean (or something like that), and Cheese. They are awesome, dudes. Not as awesome as Triscuits, of course, as they lack the substance that a Triscuit provides. However, they are far more awesomer than regular Ritz crackers ... or practically any other cracker that one can name. In short, the new Ritz crackers are the Mr. DaneMcCloud of crackers and are destined to dominate the entire cracker world. I foresee a time in the near future when all crackers shall bow to the new Ritz cracker. Except for Triscuits. Triscuits bow to no cracker.

FAX

FAX
07-15-2009, 02:49 PM
No, apparently that was just a lie fabricated and reported by ESPN, as they usually do.

Wow. I would have lost a bet on that. Thank, Mr. JuicesFlowing.

FAX

beach tribe
07-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Peterson's nckname is AD, not AP. It started at OU where his teammates called him "All Day".

Not to be douche, but I wasn't calling him by his nickname. I was calling him by his initials.

I was aware of his nickname.

KC Tattoo
07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
in other news Micheal Jackson died

DaFace
07-15-2009, 03:05 PM
It's getting to be hard to like Favre anymore honestly. He's still a first-ballot HOFer without question, but his image has been tainted pretty badly with all this nonsense since he first "decided" to retire.

FAX
07-15-2009, 03:09 PM
It's getting to be hard to like Favre anymore honestly. He's still a first-ballot HOFer without question, but his image has been tainted pretty badly with all this nonsense since he first "decided" to retire.

In a way, I can understand his situation, Mr. DaFace. It's very difficult for some guys to leave the game. On top of that, the media is partly to blame for reporting on his every move.

Nevertheless, you get the distinct feeling that he's enjoying all this. Otherwise, why drag everything out ... each and every time a decision needs to be made?

FAX

KC Tattoo
07-15-2009, 03:18 PM
frafarvre will most likely play for the vikes this year. I don't like him any more he should have retired 5 years ago. he keeps dragging things along. Never mind his wife has/had cancer he should stay home to be with her instead of all of the attention he gets for himself.

FAX
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
frafarvre will most likely play for the vikes this year. I don't like him any more he should have retired 5 years ago. he keeps dragging things along. Never mind his wife has/had cancer he should stay home to be with her instead of all of the attention he gets for himself.

Oh, man ... I'd forgotten about his wife and the cancer. You're exactly right, Mr. KC Tattoo. Under the circumstances, he should take his money, walk away, and spend time with her and his family. That whole deal had slipped my mind.

At this point, and even if he had a chance to go to the SB, there's absolutely no reason for football to take precedence over her. Crazy.

FAX

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:11 PM
wow I don't understand all the hate for the Best QB of All Time??

He is still a top 5 QB even after surgery.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:12 PM

she actually encouraged him to play :rolleyes:

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Brett has always spoken exactly what was on his mind-good or bad. The times he thought he was done-there were pretty good reasons for it (he was beat to shit)

but as he heals-his killer instinct takes over and he wants to get back in it.

No matter waht anyone says-bottom line is-he loves and bleeds football-that is why he keeps coming back-it has been his life since childhood.

Plus he is still damm good. I hope he comes back and puts up monster numbers so everyone will shut the fug about him.

Pioli Zombie
07-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh fuck you Brett fucking Favre. Most overated sack of shit who gives a monkeys shit stained balls what the fuck Brett motherfucking cocksucker Favre does I'm so sick of hearing about this piece of shit ass hole.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
07-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Yeah if you like lots of tipped passes and interceptions. Top 5. Shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM

When it comes to football, you really don't have a clue.

milkman
07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah if you like lots of tipped passes and interceptions. Top 5. Shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

28 career interceptions in 22 career playoff games.

That's pathetic.

wild1
07-15-2009, 04:22 PM
frafarvre will most likely play for the vikes this year.

someone had a story here that said he already bought a condo in minnesota.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:30 PM
28 career interceptions in 22 career playoff games.

That's pathetic.

22 playoffs games-Superbowl win and MVP-

How many years do we have to go back in Chiefs history to add up to 22 games???

Packers would have been shit without him.

milkman
07-15-2009, 04:32 PM
22 playoffs games-Superbowl win and MVP-

How many years do we have to go back in Chiefs history to add up to 22 games???

Packers would have been shit without him.

Those Packer teams in the reggie White years had the talent to do far more than Favre allowed them to do.

All those interceptions cost that Pack team playoff wins.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:32 PM
When it comes to football, you really don't have a clue.

I know which QB has the most Wins, Yards, TD's, Completions and games played in a row. :p

milkman
07-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh, and Desmond Howard won the SB MVP.

Favre had a pretty average SB except for two big pass plays.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Those Packer teams in the reggie White years had the talent to do far more than Favre allowed them to do.

All those interceptions cost that Pack team playoff wins.

Well you are right- INT's get hung on the QB-even if it hits the receivers hands, they run the wrong route, fall down ect. The won tons of games after Reggie too.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2009, 04:34 PM
man i hope he returns and the vikes just flat out suck, im sick of wrangler boy

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Brett has great steaks at his steak house too-try em.

milkman
07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
I know which QB has the most Wins, Yards, TD's, Completions and games played in a row. :p

I don't give a rat's ass about numbers.

Vinny Testaverde threw for over 46,000 yards, while Montana only threw for over 40,000.

I guess that makes Testaverde a better QB.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
man i hope he returns and the vikes just flat out suck, im sick of wrangler boy

I wouldn't count on that-they have a great RB and D-he won't have to carry the team like he tried to do with that crappy Jets team.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about numbers.

Vinny Testaverde threw for over 46,000 yards, while Montana only threw for over 40,000.

I guess that makes Testaverde a better QB.

Vinny was a descent QB and if he had the luck of playing for those Niners teams- he would probably be considered one of the best instead of Joe.

Those niners teams were loaded on D and O.

milkman
07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Well you are right- INT's get hung on the QB-even if it hits the receivers hands, they run the wrong route, fall down ect. The won tons of games after Reggie too.

Every QB gets those kind of interceptions, but Favre threw more than any other QB because he tried to force balls that should never have been thrown.

Strong arms are great, except when they drain the brain of valuable fluid.

milkman
07-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Vinny was a descent QB and if he had the luck of playing for those Niners teams- he would probably be considered one of the best instead of Joe.

JFC.

This tells me all I need to know.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Every QB gets those kind of interceptions, but Favre threw more than any other QB because he tried to force balls that should never have been thrown.

Strong arms are great, except when they drain the brain of valuable fluid.

well you live by the sword and die by it-Brett has won tons more games making the impossible throws then he has lost. The guy is all heart and balls.

wild1
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
1. Montana
2. Marino
3. Brady
4. Elway
5. Manning

below that is where you could begin to slot Favre (before his first "retirement"). he belongs down the list where you would find steve young, jim kelly, etc.

FAX
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM

I don't know, Mr. Halfcan. Over-exposure, maybe?

Personally, I think he should spend time with his sick wife. But even so ... what does he have to prove? He already has the record for most interceptions. Plus, I'm not 100% sure - but I think he even has the record for longest interception return for a touchdown, most interceptions in a game, most interceptions in a quarter, most interceptions in a half, most interceptions by a lineman, and most interceptions thrown for no particular reason.

I mean, even if you admire him, Mr. Halfcan, he's going to leave the game on a stretcher if he's not careful.

It's time, man.

FAX

wild1
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
most times his team's season ended with an interception, it seems he should have that one too Fax. maybe they should name it after him!

LaChapelle
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Travaris Jackson supposedly goes on the block if Favre signs. Favre is only good for 2/3 of a season.

Halfcan
07-15-2009, 05:33 PM
1. Montana
2. Marino
3. Brady
4. Elway
5. Manning

below that is where you could begin to slot Favre (before his first "retirement"). he belongs down the list where you would find steve young, jim kelly, etc.

see rivers thread for a real list

Pioli Zombie
07-15-2009, 11:12 PM

This is the most fucking stupid post I have ever seen on CP. Vinnie better than Montana.
Posted via Mobile Device

TinyEvel
07-16-2009, 01:56 AM
I just sold a Favre signed OFFICIAL Wilson on-field ball (retail 79.99 at BIG 5) on eBay. THis was form when we shot a DIRECTV spot with him in 2001. I included pics of me with BRett and even a link to the actual commercial.

WINNING BID......$56.00

that is all.

g'night

Guru
07-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Some Pack fans are trying to sell purple #4 jerseys with JUDAS on the back. If Favre is Judas, who the hell is the Pack version of Jesus and God?Damn, I hate to think what they would call him if he played for Da Bears.

kstater
07-16-2009, 04:31 AM
We need UP's frog get out .gif.

JD10367
07-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Thank God for this news. I assume this will push MJ out of the news. Will Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton be calling for a Favre stamp?

oldandslow
07-16-2009, 09:16 AM

True. However, that is farther than Tavaris Jackson will take them.

Scorp
07-16-2009, 09:24 AM
I have decided to bash Favre in the shoulder with a tire iron before the season starts. I am doing this for the good of all mankind. Please send me money so I can go to the store while I am in prison.

the Talking Can
07-16-2009, 09:39 AM

kc fans talking about QBs is the most painful thing in the world....

Chiefnj2
07-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Desperate coaches make desperate decisions. Childress should not have a job.

Pioli Zombie
07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Drew Bledsoe threw for over 40,000 yards. I suppose he would have been better than Montana if he played on the 49ers too. Halfcan wins the alltime dumbfuck post.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tuckdaddy
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
He already made the decision to play he just doesn't know if his arm will let him.

Scorp
07-16-2009, 10:33 AM
He already made the decision to play he just doesn't know if his arm will let him.

He just said he had to talk it over with Dane McCloud before finalizing anything.

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 11:54 AM
This is the most ****ing stupid post I have ever seen on CP. Vinnie better than Montana.
Posted via Mobile Device

did I say he was better??? I said if he was lucky enough to play on those Niners teams that had the #1 D and also the #1 O- he would have gotten a few rings. If Joe had ended up with the Seahawks, Bungles, Faders-chances are hw would NOT have a fist full of rings.

FAX
07-16-2009, 12:56 PM
did I say he was better??? I said if he was lucky enough to play on those Niners teams that had the #1 D and also the #1 O- he would have gotten a few rings. If Joe had ended up with the Seahawks, Bungles, Faders-chances are hw would NOT have a fist full of rings.

The fact is that Vinnie was damn good. Put him in the right situation with the right people around him and the right coach and he could put up serious numbers for you. No question about it.

And you're absolutely right, Mr. Halfcan. Some guys were far more successful than they would have been otherwise - in other words, had they gone to a team with less talent either on the coaching staff or on the field. Montana is a good example. It's very possible that he would have had a completely different career had he been signed by the Saints or the Bucs in '79.

FAX

CoMoChief
07-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Cool, lets just make that argument then for every player that's ever won a few SB's and/or who are in the HOF.

FAX
07-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Cool, lets just make that argument then for every player that's ever won a few SB's and/or who are in the HOF.

Actually, it's kind of interesting to think about. Sometimes it's the chemistry between the HC and the quarterback that makes all the difference.

Take Lenny, for example. His young career was going nowhere fast until he got hooked up with Hank. He's said so himself.

FAX

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
The fact is that Vinnie was damn good. Put him in the right situation with the right people around him and the right coach and he could put up serious numbers for you. No question about it.

And you're absolutely right, Mr. Halfcan. Some guys were far more successful than they would have been otherwise - in other words, had they gone to a team with less talent either on the coaching staff or on the field. Montana is a good example. It's very possible that he would have had a completely different career had he been signed by the Saints or the Bucs in '79.

FAX

that was my point-Montana did not just put those 49ers teams on his back by himself- he had Rice, a killer defense, a great O line, Roger Craig-oh and one of the best coaches of all time.

If he played for the Bucs-he probably would have been knocked out of football.

Chiefnj2
07-16-2009, 02:16 PM
that was my point-Montana did not just put those 49ers teams on his back by himself- he had Rice, a killer defense, a great O line, Roger Craig-oh and one of the best coaches of all time.

If he played for the Bucs-he probably would have been knocked out of football.

1st Super Bowl win - no Rice and the top rusher had less than 550 yards.

Pioli Zombie
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM

FAX

Well then I guess it doesn't matter who your qb is then, right? Just put anybody on a team with great talent and they will be good and put a great qb on a lousy team and they will suck.
Quarterbacks are a dime a dozen.
Posted via Mobile Device

JuicesFlowing
07-16-2009, 04:49 PM
God I hope he throws 35 INTs this year for the Vikes. That and the Vikes go 8-8.

I hope the Vikes go 8-8 with Favre, but I hope he beats the Packers twice and he ruins their season. Everyone loses that way. :evil:

milkman
07-16-2009, 06:33 PM

And yet an aging, brittle, oft injured Joe Montana, whose skills had diminished tremendously still almost overcame Martyocrity, raised the level of play of an otherwise unimaginative offense, and nearly took the Chiefs to the SB.

That 9er team that nj alluded to was fairly mediocre with DeBerg at QB, and became annual SB contenders almost from the moment that Montana took over.

Meanwhile, Testaverde played for mediocre teams for almost the entirety of his career.

Honestly, this entire discussion has become an exercise in ridiculosity.

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 06:50 PM
And yet an aging, brittle, oft injured Joe Montana, whose skills had diminished tremendously still almost overcame Martyocrity, raised the level of play of an otherwise unimaginative offense, and nearly took the Chiefs to the SB.

That 9er team that nj alluded to was fairly mediocre with DeBerg at QB, and became annual SB contenders almost from the moment that Montana took over.

Meanwhile, Testaverde played for mediocre teams for almost the entirety of his career.

Honestly, this entire discussion has become an exercise in ridiculosity.

Our D was Dominating those years-THAT is why we went as far as we did-Not 10 yard dump offs from Montana. I should know I was at Every home game. Why don't you argue with someone else for awhile. ;)

Montana was Great because he was Calm in the face of long odds and found a way to get it done. My point was -he had a lot of help. Montana was in a system that brought out the best in him-lots of Great QB's never get that chance. That was my point. Steve Young Never did much til the 49ers.

To win the SB it takes a lot of factors-luck, all key players staying healthy, making the exact play at the exact moment you need it (the Catch) ect.. It was not all Joe.

Joe is at the top of most All time QB list because of his rings-which should mean the Bradshaw is his equal?? It is funny how Montana's legend keeps growing yet Terry is all but forgotten football wise.

milkman
07-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Our D was Dominating those years-THAT is why we went as far as we did-Not 10 yard dump offs from Montana. I should know I was at Every home game. Why don't you argue with someone else for awhile. ;)

Montana was Great because he was Calm in the face of long odds and found a way to get it done. My point was -he had a lot of help. Montana was in a system that brought out the best in him-lots of Great QB's never get that chance. That was my point. Steve Young Never did much til the 49ers.

To win the SB it takes a lot of factors-luck, all key players staying healthy, making the exact play at the exact moment you need it (the Catch) ect.. It was not all Joe.

Joe is at the top of most All time QB list because of his rings-which should mean the Bradshaw is his equal?? It is funny how Montana's legend keeps growing yet Terry is all but forgotten football wise.

Yet when we needed big plays on offense to get wins, Montan made those plays.

Steve Young didn't even do all that much with the 9ers until he learned to be a pocket passer.

It is no coincidence that it took him 4 years to get that 9er team to the SB.

And it is that calm that Montana had that made him so great, and that afforded those teams to make clutch plays like "The catch".

It wasn't all Montana, but to suggest that Vinnie Testaverde would have approched Montana's level is absolutely assinine.

Montana was the difference between a good team and the team of the decade.

Pablo
07-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I wish Favre would make the decision to eat a handful of rat poison.

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 07:42 PM

Steve Young didn't even do all that much with the 9ers until he learned to be a pocket passer.

And it is that calm that Montana had that made him so great, and that afforded those teams to make clutch plays like "The catch".

It wasn't all Montana, but to suggest that Vinnie Testaverde would have approched Montana's level is absolutely assinine.

Steve Young didn't do much- ROFL Plus he was Never a pocket passer-he might have stayed put a little longer in his later years-but he was better on the run. Marino was Better than Joe all those years-but he is all but forgotten because he didn't win a SB.

It is funny how Montana seems to have done no wrong.

It was their coaching that made them the team of the decade-not Joe.

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I wish Favre would make the decision to eat a handful of rat poison.

Maybe when he comes back and goes all the way-you will-lol

You will get to hear Favre did this, Farve did that-Is he coming back another year, yes he is, no he is not, yes he is........

It will NEVER end. :D

Chiefnj2
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Our D was Dominating those years-THAT is why we went as far as we did-Not 10 yard dump offs from Montana. .

Dominant D plus Montana = 2 tough road wins as underdogs and an appearance in the AFC Championship game.

Dominant D of the early to mid 90s without Montana = no playoffs and/or no playoff wins.

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
1st win was at home-then onto Houston, then Fluffalo

Pioli Zombie
07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Steve Young didn't do much- ROFL Plus he was Never a pocket passer-he might have stayed put a little longer in his later years-but he was better on the run. Marino was Better than Joe all those years-but he is all but forgotten because he didn't win a SB.

Dan disapearing act in every big game of his career Marino was not nearly the qb Joe Montana was.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
07-16-2009, 11:23 PM

All I ever needed to know about Montana I learned in that Monday Night game against the goats. I'll never forget it. I was staying in a hotel in DisneyLand and that pass to the pylon was the highpoint of the week.

FAX

FAX
07-16-2009, 11:30 PM
In chemistry, they call it a catalyst. I think Montana was like that. Still, his career benefited from other ingredients ... not the least of which was Bill Walsh. That combination caused an explosion that lasted 12 years.

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
07-17-2009, 01:01 AM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9247/favre1.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/107/favre2.jpg

Those are SOLID fucking Photoshops there.

Guru
07-17-2009, 01:14 AM
so has he made a decision yet?

greg63
07-17-2009, 01:58 AM
so has he made a decision yet?

Yes. He has decided not to decide yet.

KCChiefsMan
07-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Vikings win the Superbowl if Favre plays for them, remember that shit!

Guru
07-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Vikings win the Superbowl if Favre plays for them, remember that shit!Yes, that is shit.

Pioli Zombie
07-17-2009, 05:45 AM
In chemistry, they call it a catalyst. I think Montana was like that. Still, his career benefited from other ingredients ... not the least of which was Bill Walsh. That combination caused an explosion that lasted 12 years.

FAX

Duh. What great QB didn't?

Football is a team sport, you know.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
07-18-2009, 06:59 AM

I've tried hard to be civil and not too insulting, but JFC, you are making it hard.

Steve Young developed into a pocket passer over the course of time.
Like any mobil QB under pressure he still broke out of the pocket as necessary, but unlike earlier in his career, he looked to pass first rather than run first.

Good defenses can contain running QBs, and Young became a far more effective playoff QB when he became a passer first.

The thing that separtes great coaches from good coaches, and great teams from very good teams is the QB.

Bill Walsh never enjoyed the kind of success that he had with Montana before Montana.

Mike Shanahan was the mastermind with ELway.

Chuck Noll was one of the greatest coaches ever with Terry Bradshaw (and yes, Bradshaw does get overlooked, people forget just how good he really was).

The Bears of the 80s were every bit as talented as the 9ers.
Dominating defense and one of the greatest RBs to play the game (I have him as the second best, but that'a another argument).

The Ravens and Steelers of this decade have had teams every bit as talented, if not moreso, than the Pats, but niether of those teams had Tom Brady.

Yes, you need good coaching, but there's no way in hell that Walsh wins 4 SBs with Vinnie Testaverde at QB.

Pioli Zombie
07-18-2009, 12:58 PM
This is what truly made Joe Gibbs a genius. He wins 3 SBs with Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien. Only Theismann was what you would call a qb who was that caliber.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 03:15 PM
my sources say Brett will be in Camp on the 1st

He is going to kick some ASS!!

I wonder when his new jersey will be available??

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 03:16 PM
This is what truly made Joe Gibbs a genius. He wins 3 SBs with Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien. Only Theismann was what you would call a qb who was that caliber.
Posted via Mobile Device

But yet the Vikes-who are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball-will suck with Favre??
STFU

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 03:52 PM
I've tried hard to be civil and not too insulting, but JFC, you are making it hard.

Steve Young developed into a pocket passer over the course of time.
Like any mobil QB under pressure he still broke out of the pocket as necessary, but unlike earlier in his career, he looked to pass first rather than run first.

Good defenses can contain running QBs, and Young became a far more effective playoff QB when he became a passer first.

The thing that separtes great coaches from good coaches, and great teams from very good teams is the QB.

Bill Walsh never enjoyed the kind of success that he had with Montana before Montana.

Mike Shanahan was the mastermind with ELway.

Chuck Noll was one of the greatest coaches ever with Terry Bradshaw (and yes, Bradshaw does get overlooked, people forget just how good he really was).

The Bears of the 80s were every bit as talented as the 9ers.
Dominating defense and one of the greatest RBs to play the game (I have him as the second best, but that'a another argument).

The Ravens and Steelers of this decade have had teams every bit as talented, if not moreso, than the Pats, but niether of those teams had Tom Brady.

Yes, you need good coaching, but there's no way in hell that Walsh wins 4 SBs with Vinnie Testaverde at QB.

Judging by this post-you don't watch a lot of football.

Payton-2nd best?? The Rat was a Mastermind??? Montana made Walsh????

Steve Young a Pocket Passer??? So your Not a Great coach without a Great QB???

:shake: We need to sit down and have a drink sometime-I will explain this game called football to you-so you won't be so confused on your facts.

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You mean he won without the Great Montana???

Pioli Zombie
07-18-2009, 03:57 PM
You mean he won without the Great Montana???

You aren't even making sense anymore with your posts. Anyone who thinks Marino was better than Montana or that Vinnie Testeverde could have been as good as Montana doesn't know shit about football.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC Tattoo
07-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Fravre may make the playoffs with the vikes but he will throw so many Interceptions in the playoffs it will be funny.

Valiant
07-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Fravre may make the playoffs with the vikes but he will throw so many Interceptions in the playoffs it will be funny.

Shit I would find it funnier if they missed the playoffs.. Actually I am hoping for it.. Fuck that turd..

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 04:18 PM
You aren't even making sense anymore with your posts. Anyone who thinks Marino was better than Montana or that Vinnie Testeverde could have been as good as Montana doesn't know shit about football.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marino WAS better than Montana-he was the BEST of his generation. If he did not injure his knee-his records might still be there. Marino WAS the team. He had Zero running game and a shaky D. Oh but Marino did not win a SB so I guess he sucks.

Fug VInnie-my point was the 49ers were loaded.--A Point you continue to miss-even though I have posted it several times. :doh!:

Pioli Zombie
07-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Marino WAS better than Montana-he was the BEST of his generation. If he did not injure his knee-his records might still be there. Marino WAS the team. He had Zero running game and a shaky D. Oh but Marino did not win a SB so I guess he sucks.

Fug VInnie-my point was the 49ers were loaded.--A Point you continue to miss-even though I have posted it several times. :doh!:

Marino the best of his generation. ROLFLMAO.

The Patriots played him twice a year. Even when they stunk they handled him pretty well. Was never afraid of Marino. He always played just well enough to lose in big games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Marino retired with Every record-but yet he sucked??

Did you ever see him play???

milkman
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Judging by this post-you don't watch a lot of football.

Payton-2nd best?? The Rat was a Mastermind??? Montana made Walsh????

Steve Young a Pocket Passer??? So your Not a Great coach without a Great QB???

:shake: We need to sit down and have a drink sometime-I will explain this game called football to you-so you won't be so confused on your facts.

I've reached the inevitable conclusion that your football takes are the ramblings of a football intelligence challenged.

All footballl posts from you from this point forward will be dismissed as such.

kstater
07-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I've reached the inevitable conclusion that your football takes are the ramblings of a football intelligence challenged.

LMAO

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 05:04 PM

Okay whatever-you have your version of football and I have a different view. Did you know people can watch a game and have different opinions on what happened?? But you think You are right about everything and if someone thinks something different they are an Idiot or Clueless.

So when did you become the Authority on football? Hell I have watched games for over 30 years-went to my first Chiefs game when I was 5. I have been to probably 150 games or more-at Arrowhead and many on the road. I have collected football cards for 30 years and have an office Full of football books. Yes I might favor players that I like (Farve and Marino) with more praise than shit head QB's I hate like Horseface, Manning bros, Stabler-but that does not mean I don't know the facts about them.

You might think Favre is the worst QB of all time (even though he OWNS EVERY RECORD)- that is your right to feel that way. Fact is-if he had played for the Chiefs-we would have a few rings now-instead of being the laughing stock of the NFL for several years.

milkman
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Okay whatever-you have your version of football and I have a different view. Did you know people can watch a game and have different opinions on what happened?? But you think You are right about everything and if someone thinks something different they are an Idiot or Clueless.

So when did you become the Authority on football? Hell I have watched games for over 30 years-went to my first Chiefs game when I was 5. I have been to probably 150 games or more-at Arrowhead and many on the road. I have collected football cards for 30 years and have an office Full of football books. Yes I might favor players that I like (Farve and Marino) with more praise than shit head QB's I hate like Horseface, Manning bros, Stabler-but that does not mean I don't know the facts about them.

You might think Favre is the worst QB of all time (even though he OWNS EVERY RECORD)- that is your right to feel that way. Fact is-if he had played for the Chiefs-we would have a few rings now-instead of being the laughing stock of the NFL for several years.

Dismissed.

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Dismissed.

no you are Dismissed and formally added to my Ignore list :)

Plus you are ****Officially**** off my Christmas card list as well.

Now GOOD DAY to you sir!!!!!

Skip Towne
07-18-2009, 07:02 PM
no you are Dismissed and formally added to my Ignore list :)

Plus you are ****Officially**** off my Christmas card list as well.

Now GOOD DAY to you sir!!!!!

Sorry, he had already dismissed you.