PDA

View Full Version : Football Slow season poll#1: Which AFC Draft Pick will be problematic for KC

Chiefnj2
07-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Which draft pick by an AFC West rival do you think will pose the most problems for the Chiefs for the next 4-5 years. I'll list the top 2 picks of each team. If someone else, name them and say why.

Mile High Mania
07-16-2009, 12:28 PM
OAK ... just don't see the rookie WR being a threat just yet in that offense and really, how problematic can a rookie safety be?

Same for a rookie DE, LB and G... So, it leaves the only offensive rookie player as an option...

****EDIT***

Reading is fundamental for me this morning, just caught the "next 4-5 years"... I think I still keep the Moreno pick though.

LaChapelle
07-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Pioli gave Pollard orders to kill or be cut.

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Short term, I think it will be Moreno.

Long term, it will probably be English.

Pestilence
07-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Moreno and then English. Moreno is a good back who can do everything that's asked of him. Our defense sucks as it is.....so I'll go with him.

CoMoChief
07-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, until we can stop the run I would think it would be Moreno. But more than likely that offense is going to suck ass, esp if Marshall gets traded. I doubt he would be able to carry the load.

You could also make the case for English. with Merriman coming back, that could really become a deadly combo, esp for a team with no Oline on the right side.

booyaf2
07-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I hate to say this, but my pick isn't on the list. I think the pick that we'll see as the most problematic over the next 4-5 years is.............

wait for it.....

Tyson Jackson.
I just have never come to agree with that pick yet.

Boy I hope i'm wrong.

Mile High Mania
07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Well, until we can stop the run I would think it would be Moreno. But more than likely that offense is going to suck ass, esp if Marshall gets traded. I doubt he would be able to carry the load.

You could also make the case for English. with Merriman coming back, that could really become a deadly combo, esp for a team with no Oline on the right side.

Marshall won't be traded...

Mr. Arrowhead
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Michael Mitchell being in the Poll is a flat out joke

acesn8s
07-16-2009, 12:39 PM
moreno because we cant stop the run :shake:

DeezNutz
07-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Todd Blackledge.

That's why you just can't miss on QBs at the top of the draft.

Buck
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
C'mon guys, my roommate came up with a new nickname for Knowshown Moreno.

Its "No-Yards Morano"

Consistent1
07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I went with Moreno. The Denver running scheme has always been pretty tough. Then again, they got that new dumbass this year that might mess that up too.

Reaper16
07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
English, and I don't think that its particularly close.

Von Dumbass
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I vote both Moreno and Ayers. "Three years from now Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player in this draft" - Mike Mayock

KCtotheSB
07-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I picked Moreno.
Watch last year's OAK at KC game. I could see that happening a lot until our defense grows a sack.

Frosty
07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Slade Norris

:)

|Zach|
07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I vote both Moreno and Ayers. "Three years from now Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player in this draft" - Mike Mayock

On Jarvis Moss:

Scout.com: A sensational athlete and a disruptive force in the opponent’s backfield… a conventional pass-rushing defensive end.

Von Dumbass
07-16-2009, 01:49 PM
On Jarvis Moss:

Scout.com: A sensational athlete and a disruptive force in the opponent’s backfield… a conventional pass-rushing defensive end.

Moss has big time upside as an edge rusher. He is an excellent athlete, with a great first step. He explodes off the line and immediately puts pressure on the tackle. He has the ability to change direction, and continue his momentum towards the quarterback. Moss has a great frame as well, with a lot of room for additional growth. He has some experience playing in space as well, which could enhance his value to 3-4 teams.

Moss is a project at this point. He will be drafted in the Top 50 based on his potential, but he may only be a situational edge rusher his first year. He relies on his athletic gifts too much. He will also need to add more weight and bulk up to play in the NFL. As an end, he is too lanky to be an every down end without the added bulk.

The defensive end class is shaping up to be a very good group, and Moss has a lot of potential. He may bring value in either a 4-3 defense or a 3-4, and could hear his name called in the first round. He may only be a situational pass rusher from the outset, but he has the ability to develop down the road.
Jarvis Moss broke his leg early in his rookie season, so last season was really his rookie year.
He is a project. In my mind he is a bust, but I think he would be much better in a 3-4 defense. This could be his breakout year.:thumb:

Mile High Mania
07-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Its "No-Yards Morano"

Jealous... word on the street is that SD coveted Moreno in R1.

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 02:42 PM

Its "No-Yards Morano"

knowshown-that is a dumb name

DrRyan
07-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I hate to say this, but my pick isn't on the list. I think the pick that we'll see as the most problematic over the next 4-5 years is.............

wait for it.....

Tyson Jackson.
I just have never come to agree with that pick yet.

Boy I hope i'm wrong.

Speaking of Jackson, is there any word on his contract and if they are getting close? I searched a bit on here and did not find much.

Chocolate Hog
07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
The answers to this poll really are apple to oranges. "Chiefs can't stop the run" That was under the old regime. "Denever always is good at running the ball" That was under the old regime. Larry English is a beast.

orange
07-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Speaking of Jackson, is there any word on his contract and if they are getting close? I searched a bit on here and did not find much.

You don't really expect to see anything before they announce the contract, do you?

listopencil
07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Whatever happened to shitgoose?

listopencil
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM

Its "No-Yards Morano"

By "roommate" do you mean that guy you sleep with?

Quiet Storm
07-23-2009, 09:34 PM
English, Shawne M. And Shaun P. Be afraid.

T-post Tom
07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
As long as it's not a rookie qb burning us with the 'bootleg'. :deevee:

DrRyan
07-24-2009, 11:48 AM
You don't really expect to see anything before they announce the contract, do you?

Whether Pioli likes it or not, agents talk. So yes, I expect to hear of something before the contract is signed.

Spicy McHaggis
07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
"Three years from now Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player in this draft" - Mike Mayock

The best defensive player in the draft? That's laughable.