PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel Doesn’t Need Moss

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/879419.html

There are certain individuals who would have you believe Matt Cassel is a rich man today because he played with Randy Moss last season. The truth is that Cassel has earned a contract worth $63 million based on his own merits, and not because he rode anyone’s coattails.

While there is certainly fact in the statement that Moss is an elite receiver and has made life easier for a long list of quarterbacks in the past, it is ignorant to say he should be credited as the driving force behind Cassel’s recent success. In fact, it should anger Chiefs fans who have put any faith whatsoever in Cassel or General Manager Scott Pioli.

Any responsible evaluation of Cassel’s 2008 season would bear out the fact that the quarterback has qualities which clearly enabled him to succeed regardless of who he was throwing to. In every game last season, Cassel demonstrated key traits that are found in almost every franchise quarterback – mobility, accuracy, intelligence and the ability to read defenses.

But despite these qualities - which quite frankly should be obvious to anyone who paid any lengthy attention to the 2008 New England Patriots - Cassel has suddenly been lumped in with players like Jeff George and Kerry Collins.

When did George, a hothead with a reputation as a statue in the pocket, ever display intelligence or mobility during his disappointing NFL career? Indeed, veteran Chiefs fans should be all too familiar with George’s inability to escape the rush, having witnessed the torture Derrick Thomas inflicted upon him repeatedly throughout his NFL career.

When did Collins, a career 55 percent passer with a reputation for turnovers, ever display accuracy or the ability to read defenses at any level approaching the upper echelon? In fact it should be noted that even when he did have the luxury of playing with Moss in 2005, Collins completed only 53.5 percent of his passes, one of the lowest percentages of his career and the 30th ranked mark among starting NFL quarterbacks that season.

Does it really seem fair to compare Cassel to either player? Hardly.

As for Pioli, the notion that the quarterback he orchestrated a trade for might somehow suffer without Moss is truly insulting. It implies that the Chiefs’ GM has not done his homework on Cassel, or that somehow he was deceived of his quarterback’s true abilities, that Moss somehow “pulled the wool over his eyes,” so to speak.

This becomes even more ridiculous when you realize that Pioli shared responsibility in drafting Cassel during 2005 with the Patriots. And for four years, Pioli was in close proximity to Cassel every week, if not almost every day, during his maturation as an NFL player.

Is it even possible that there is anyone in Kansas City who knows more concerning Matt Cassel’s abilities as an NFL quarterback? Doubtful.

If we really need evidence that Cassel is capable of succeeding without much contribution from Moss, all one has to do is glance at a few box scores. In six games last season, the receiver had three or fewer catches, yet New England’s record in those games was 4-2. Not only that, but Cassel’s quarterback rating in those six games was a healthy 92.06, with only one interception. Moss caught just two of Cassel’s seven touchdown passes in those six games.

Then there is the matter of just how efficient Cassel was at hooking up with targets other than Moss – namely Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker, New England’s first and third-leading receivers. Both were among the AFC leaders in catch percentage, with Faulk grabbing 58 of 74 passes thrown his way (third overall) and Welker hauling in 111 of 149 (seventh).

Curiously, Moss was not even among the top 20. He was, however, among the AFC leaders in passes not caught (56), coming in sixth.

It would seem that not only was Matt Cassel a more consistent football player a year ago compared to Randy Moss, he found other receivers at a higher rate of success, and the Patriots just happened to win football games along the way. It should also be pointed out that Cassel and Moss connected just twice over 30 yards in 2008, which is in direct contrast to other quarterbacks who relied so heavily upon the receiver for huge plays down the field. And yet the Patriots, fifth in the league in total offense, were no worse for it.

There’s no denying that Moss has a certain effect on coverages a quarterback might see. But certainly we can conclude that Cassel did not rely upon Moss to a gross extent in order to move the football, nor did he develop tunnel vision on the receiver to the detriment of other open targets. The demonstration of such ability from so young a passer, in just his first year of starting, is clearly another reason Cassel was handpicked by Pioli to lead Kansas City on (and off) the football field.

Clearly, if anyone is in dire need of Randy Moss, it is not Matt Cassel, but rather those who seek to discredit the Chiefs’ new quarterback and his well-earned contract.

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2009, 12:40 PM
:popcorn:

acesn8s
07-16-2009, 12:41 PM
That is what he thinks. Poor delusional player.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Thank you for writing this article.

Signed,

Dante Culpepper

P.S - Please forward this to the GM of the other 31 teams in the league.

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Thank you for writing this article.

Signed,

Dante Culpepper

P.S - Please forward this to the GM of the other 31 teams in the league.

LMAO

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 12:43 PM
:popcorn:

ROFL i'm sure someone will come on here and say what a great article this was. i wont. why? i have read all this stuff WORD FOR WORD right here on chiefsplanet. hell it's all in the cassel/moss thread thats been going for a couple of days. clay writes what we all say and acts like he's come up with something

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 12:45 PM
ROFL i'm sure someone will come on here and say what a great article this was. i wont. why? i have read all this stuff WORD FOR WORD right here on chiefsplanet. hell it's all in the cassel/moss thread thats been going for a couple of days. clay writes what we all say and acts like he's come up with something

I'm not a fan of this article, but I think Clay is a great writer.

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 12:46 PM

i'll agree to a point, he's good at putting people's quotes in some kind of order and taking credit for it.

Scorp
07-16-2009, 12:47 PM

When did George, a hothead with a reputation as a statue in the pocket, ever display intelligence or mobility during his disappointing NFL career?

Fatlock is gonna ass rape you over this.

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2009, 12:47 PM

Comparable to Thomas Hardy or T.S Eliot?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Comparable to Thomas Hardy or T.S Eliot?

Let me rephrase, I'm not a fan of the opinion of this article. It was still well written.

Tuckdaddy
07-16-2009, 12:50 PM
In your face FATLOCK! In Scott we trust! Matt Cassel the King!

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Let me rephrase, I'm not a fan of the opinion of this article. It was still well written.

oh i agree he can put shit where it sounds good, he just needs to use his own stuff. not the planet members'

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
oh i agree he can put shit where it sounds good, he just needs to use his own stuff. not the planet members'

Yeah, I don't think he does. Everyone has an opinion, so therefore some people are going to have the same opinion.

Consistent1
07-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Even if Moss doesn't catch as many balls as Welker, he is still a huge distraction. You can't really tell me Moss wouldn't have done much better with Brady. Perhaps that gave him an excuse to dog it, maybe not. Cassel is certainly a guy that was in the right place at the right time. That you cannot deny. If he had been the second stringer on (insert shitty team), there is a good chance he would have looked fairly poor and struggled. Maybe it isn't all Moss, but he at least owes some of his success to where he was at.

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I don't think he does. Everyone has an opinion, so therefore some people are going to have the same opinion.

look through the whitlock thread, you will see the same things said there, then pay attention from now on to his articles, i have for a while, the trend continues. some asked how many balls went moss' way that werent caught, what % of passes went to other players,kerry collins was discussed.....

MOhillbilly
07-16-2009, 12:58 PM

Even though he gets a majority of his material from here.

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
In your face FATLOCK! In Scott we trust! Matt Cassel the King!

http://i28.tinypic.com/2442qf7.gif

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Even though he gets a majority of his material from here.

someone agrees with me, pay attention floppy guy

Consistent1
07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
One other thing, Pioli is like the chicken and the egg when it comes to things like superior coaching. They dropped the ball on some picks when he was there. We shall see how he does, but I will bet anyone on here any amount of cash that the fucker doesn't play a single down.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
someone agrees with me, pay attention floppy guy

I have been.

MOhillbilly
07-16-2009, 01:01 PM
One other thing, Pioli is like the chicken and the egg when it comes to things like superior coaching. They dropped the ball on some picks when he was there. We shall see how he does, but I will bet anyone on here any amount of cash that the ****er doesn't play a single down.

are you on drugs?

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I have been.

attention wants a raise then.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I guess the way I look at is, you could say the same thing about any writer. It's research. He's not spitting stuff out from posters here verbatim, he's merely gathering facts and reading what's on the mind of Chiefs Nation. He prepares an article formulating thoughts and facts related to them for people to read. People here just come and peck out whatever is on their mind at the time.

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I guess the way I look at is, you could say the same thing about any writer. It's research. He's not spitting stuff out from posters here verbatim, he's merely gathering facts and reading what's on the mind of Chiefs Nation. He prepares an article formulating thoughts and facts related to them for people to read. People here just come and peck out whatever is on their mind at the time.

formulating OUR thoughts is right

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Dude, you know I don't rip off the Planet. This article was halfway in the can well before that thread even got going.

Sauto is a frickin' moron.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 01:05 PM
attention wants a raise then.

What are you trying to say Jason? Are you implying that because I'm not getting into an internet scuffle with you that I don't know what I'm talking about? The fact of the matter sir, is that there are a large portion of folks here who have already made up their minds what Clay is all about. I have you firmly in that group. So why would I try and change your mind? Haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love, I don't even want, none of the above.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Dude, you know I don't rip off the Planet. This article was halfway in the can well before that thread even got going.

Well, considering you both read that post the same way, I must have poorly articulated my thoughts. Yeah. I do know that you don't rip anything off from this place.

Fish
07-16-2009, 01:08 PM
So.... Cassel had one of the best WRs in the league to throw to last season, and he didn't utilize him very well?

JD10367
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Even if Moss doesn't catch as many balls as Welker, he is still a huge distraction. You can't really tell me Moss wouldn't have done much better with Brady.

Yes. But was this about how much better Brady is than Cassel? No, it was about how much Moss meant to Cassel's success. Which this article addresses well, especially when pointing out a.) how well the Patriots did when Moss didn't contribute much and b.) how many frigging drops Moss had.

However, when you do compare Moss with Brady vs. Moss with Cassel...

2007 with Brady. The Patriots go 18-0 and set records. Randy Moss's stats: 98 receptions, 1493 yards, 15.2 YPC, 23 TDs. Game averages: 6.1 receptions, 93 yards.

2008, Brady goes down immediately, Cassel has to come in cold, unheralded, get his feet weet, and try to carry a team with Super Bowl aspirations that just lost one of the best QBs in history. Randy Moss's stats: 69 receptions, 1008 yards, 14.6 YPC, 11 TDs. Game averages: 4.3 receptions, 63 yards.

So, apparently, Tom F**king Brady is worth, as a difference to Matt Cassel, around 2 catches and 30 yards per game. I would think Chiefs fans can live with that.

The main point being made here, and in the other thread, is that Cassel is not some schmuck who "got lucky" by heaving the ball up a lot to Randy Moss, The Best Receiver Ever. In contradiction to that idea, Moss actually didn't contribute as much as he could have (by dropping so many balls), and wasn't the leading pass-catcher on the team.

Of course a team is better with Moss on it. Of course Moss helps other receivers. Of course Moss draws double-coverage sometimes. (Although IIRC he was often in man last year, and didn't take advantage of it.) Of course Cassel will probably struggle more this season because of the lower talent level surrounding him. That's not news to you guys, right? But does anyone not named Whitlock seriously believe that Cassel is a turd that was only polished by Randy Moss's presence?

JD10367
07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
So.... Cassel had one of the best WRs in the league to throw to last season, and he didn't utilize him very well?

Yeah, 'cause obviously Cassel can't hit the deep ball. You guys are doomed, LOL.

Seriously... Moss dogged it a bit. I mean, hell, the guy dogs it a bit under the best of circumstances, right? So, here you are, they went 18-0 and then lost to the frickin' Giants. Moss was already pissed about that, but thought, "What the hell, I'll get my ring in 2008! We'll finish it this time!" Game 1, Bernard Pollard, yank, and everyone in New England, the NFL, America, and--yes, probably on the Patriots sidelines--thinks, "Oops, the Patriots' season is over." The players will never admit to it, but I'm sure they felt that way for half the season until things settled down. Probably by the midpoint, they looked at Cassel and said, "Shit, he's actually doing this well enough that we might make the playoffs anyway." In all honesty, as a Patriot fan, as soon as Brady went down I fully expected Moss to give up and just roll his helmet and pads out there for the entire season, LOL, so I was pleasantly shocked when he toed the company line and actually tried (more or less) most of the time.

This is not to say Cassel doesn't need to work on the deep ball accuracy. It's the weakest part of his game. Of course, he'd barely played real football in years. And it was the weakest part of Brady's game as well, although in Brady's case it was arm-strength, and in Cassel's case it's probably more nerves and aim... heck, Cassel overthrew Moss a few times... or DID he? Did Cassel overthrow or was Moss dogging it? It's a circular argument, unless you have access to the game tapes and watch every single pass attempt from Cassel to Moss. It's hard to tell from TV. It's like when you see a wide-open receiver, and you start swearing at your cornerback, but what you didn't see was that the play-call had called for safety help over the top but your safety bit on the run-fake and thus was so far out of position he wasn't even on the damn screen.

I dunno, I'm pretty simple. I think Moss is damn good, but not as good as he could be if he went all-out on every play. And I think Cassel is pretty good, better than people think. And I think Cassel isn't Tom Brady. And I think Cassel might have missed Moss on a few passes and Moss might have dogged it on a few passes. But I certainly don't understand where Whitlock is coming from. The facts just don't back him up.

FAX
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
A Planeteer once became cross
Because Whittles' opined some weak sauce;
"Matt was an achiever
Due to his receiver"
Now GoChiefs is saying, "No Moss"

FAX

Valiant
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
You wrote a reaction article acting like JW is going to read it?? I don't think he even considers wpi to be ass wiping worthy let alone you stealing his article and trying to compete..

beach tribe
07-16-2009, 01:27 PM
What are you trying to say Jason? Are you implying that because I'm not getting into an internet scuffle with you that I don't know what I'm talking about? The fact of the matter sir, is that there are a large portion of folks here who have already made up their minds what Clay is all about. I have you firmly in that group. So why would I try and change your mind? Haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love, I don't even want, none of the above.

drip drip drip. Ooh it's true.

He wants to piss on you.

Consistent1
07-16-2009, 01:39 PM
are you on drugs?

Just Natty Light my friend. All I am saying with that is Pioli still has not proven himself here. We don't have Billy B., haven't lucked into Brady and traded a 4th for Moss yet.

FAX
07-16-2009, 01:40 PM
One other thing, Pioli is like the chicken and the egg when it comes to things like superior coaching. They dropped the ball on some picks when he was there. We shall see how he does, but I will bet anyone on here any amount of cash that the ****er doesn't play a single down.

Whoa, Nellie ... What are you saying exactly, Mr. Consistent1?

I understand the part about Pioli being simultaneously both the chicken and the egg - like the conceptual structure of the non-relativistic quantum mechanics of multi-particle entanglement when applying a parameter-dependent equation associating non-vanishing solutions for particular values within the parameters of an eigenvalue equation. I get that part.

But, who are you saying isn't going to play a single down?

FAX

Consistent1
07-16-2009, 01:44 PM
JD10367, I am not going to qoute your whole post. The thing is when a RB and a slot guy get even better on a team that was already killer, something is up to a degree. You think 30 yards a game off of Fitz in the playoffs would have put the Cards in the Superbowl? That extra 30 yards is more than just ground gained, it opens shit up elsewhere because the dude needs to be stopped.

Consistent1
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Pioli won't be the replacement for Tong G. Fax...lmao

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
"certain individuals would have you believe...."

I wonder who that is-lol

Wipe the BBQ sauce off your mouth JW-you just been bitch slapped!

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
oh and how exactly did Cassell EARN a 63 million contract on his own merits???

yes he played well as a backup-but that is Crazy money.

Mile High Mania
07-16-2009, 01:47 PM

That is what Clayton is hoping for... some sort of response that would validate him for writing this article.

I found it funny that you spent a good deal of time focusing on those 6 games where Moss wasn't as big of a statistical factor and they went 4-2. Could he not have helped them out by taking the primary focus of the defense... allowing those other guys to catch their dump passes?

Ah well... carry on with your fluff piece.

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2009, 01:52 PM
oh and how exactly did Cassell EARN a 63 million contract on his own merits???

yes he played well as a backup-but that is Crazy money.

About the same way Sanchez earned his.

Actually, moreso.

Of course people still bitch about Larry's contract...

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 01:54 PM
About the same way Sanchez earned his.

Actually, moreso.

Of course people still bitch about Larry's contract...

The spot Sanchez was drafted will dictate his contract-completely different.

apples to oranges

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 02:42 PM

flop you are one of my favorite peopel here no internet scuffles for us man.:D yes i have already made up my mind about clay, he is a guy who uses people to get by. his parents, the planet, the golf course, etc... so like i said he takes what WE say swaps in some other words and prints it. which, by the way, is fine and dandy but why come back and post the article like its groundbreaking? we have already read it almost word for word in the whitlock thread. read it again, maybe you will understand

KC Tattoo
07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Cassel to D Bowe TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!

Mile High Mania
07-16-2009, 02:48 PM
I like to bag on the guy, there's no secret about that... however, I will say that when he tries, he can write a very nice article. That being said, articles like this (which are about 95% of what I have seen him publish) are really nothing more than a lengthy and well thought out fan post.

Clayton isn't talking to anyone close to the situation... he's reading the same news alerts and MSM articles that the rest of us are reading. I don't know if he's getting paid for these things, but if he is - more power to him, but I think they are wasting their money.

There are journalists that write stories based on information they uncover by actually talking to the players, coaches, agents, owners, etc... then there are the guys that just post commentary based on what they think of what they've read or heard on the news. Maybe he'll reach that level one day, but I dunno... he has some "social issues" that would need to be enhanced before getting to that level.

LaChapelle
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
If I read this thread will my paypal account get raided?

mikey23545
07-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I wonder how often the seafaring schooner known as Jeff George's cock has found a refuge in the welcoming, warm-water port of Whitlock's mouth....

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Cassel to D Bowe TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!

:thumb: I kind of like the sound of that.

FAX
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I like to bag on the guy, there's no secret about that... however, I will say that when he tries, he can write a very nice article. That being said, articles like this (which are about 95% of what I have seen him publish) are really nothing more than a lengthy and well thought out fan post.

Clayton isn't talking to anyone close to the situation... he's reading the same news alerts and MSM articles that the rest of us are reading. I don't know if he's getting paid for these things, but if he is - more power to him, but I think they are wasting their money.

There are journalists that write stories based on information they uncover by actually talking to the players, coaches, agents, owners, etc... then there are the guys that just post commentary based on what they think of what they've read or heard on the news. Maybe he'll reach that level one day, but I dunno... he has some "social issues" that would need to be enhanced before getting to that level.

The "social issues" comment notwithstanding, Mr. GoChiefs would be well-served to read this and think about what you're saying, Mr. Mile High Mania.

Personally, I think he needs to do two things to advance his writing skills and, relatedly, his career; 1) He needs to use more simile and metaphor. It will help him make his points without the articles coming across as (in your words) a fan post. 2) He needs to develop a "persona" as a writer. Whitlock is an excellent example of this. By integrating back stories from Whittle's life into his work, he allows the reader to both better understand the point he's attempting to make and feel a connection to the writer.

I have every confidence that Mr. GoChiefs can do both. You could take 90% of his articles and make them 100 times better simply by packaging them in a simple "hook" or "theme". To me, that means he's not far off.

FAX

KCBOSS1
07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Bla, Bla, Bla....bla, bla.....

We'll see. I've never met any human worth $63 mil. in pay....Any. IMO, unproven. We really don't know about this cat yet. He has a 16 game track record with a pretty exceptional team and coach. I hope he's great. I'm pulling for him. I'm sure Pioli knows him better than me. I've got a weird Grbac cringe going on through this whole deal, and it got worse when we signed Cassel long term.

We got him....he was playin, right? Why do this? Why not let him work as a temp for at least 8 games, see if he's more than a one-season-wonder, and if he is then reward him with a full time job? Somebody help me here if I'm wrong about that.

I don't know, I don't see it. But maybe that's why I'm working as an appraiser in my little office in my house instead of an NFL exec office.

Mile High Mania
07-16-2009, 03:16 PM
The "social issues" comment notwithstanding, Mr. GoChiefs would be well-served to read this and think about what you're saying, Mr. Mile High Mania.

Personally, I think he needs to do two things to advance his writing skills and, relatedly, his career; 1) He needs to use more simile and metaphor. It will help him make his points without the articles coming across as (in your words) a fan post. 2) He needs to develop a "persona" as a writer. Whitlock is an excellent example of this. By integrating back stories from Whittle's life into his work, he allows the reader to both better understand the point he's attempting to make and feel a connection to the writer.

I have every confidence that Mr. GoChiefs can do both. You could take 90% of his articles and make them 100 times better simply by packaging them in a simple "hook" or "theme". To me, that means he's not far off.

FAX

Solid points and I don't disagree, but you can't just take a class or two to get there... it takes time to develop and it is an art form that defines the writer. This isn't something that everyone can do...

Chocolate Hog
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Bla, Bla, Bla....bla, bla.....

We'll see. I've never met any human worth $63 mil. in pay....Any. IMO, unproven. We really don't know about this cat yet. He has a 16 game track record with a pretty exceptional team and coach. I hope he's great. I'm pulling for him. I'm sure Pioli knows him better than me. I've got a weird Grbac cringe going on through this whole deal, and it got worse when we signed Cassel long term.

We got him....he was playin, right? Why do this? Why not let him work as a temp for at least 8 games, see if he's more than a one-season-wonder, and if he is then reward him with a full time job? Somebody help me here if I'm wrong about that.

I don't know, I don't see it. But maybe that's why I'm working as an appraiser in my little office in my house instead of an NFL exec office.

Unproven? He played 16 games won 11 of them. You sayin we should have signed Jeff Garcia or Rex Grossman? Those guys are "proven". If we would have drafted a QB we would pay more money. How are you going to expect a QB to be the leader of a team with a one year contract? You realize if we didn't sign him now and he played good we'd be paying him alot more money right? This was another smart move by Pioli.

Mile High Mania
07-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Unproven? He played 16 games won 11 of them. You sayin we should have signed Jeff Garcia or Rex Grossman? Those guys are "proven". If we would have drafted a QB we would pay more money. How are you going to expect a QB to be the leader of a team with a one year contract? You realize if we didn't sign him now and he played good we'd be paying him alot more money right? This was another smart move by Pioli.

Well, then you have the Derek Andersons of the world... very similar situation to Matt, but he didn't change teams. Derek came out of nowhere from the bench, kicked ass, signed a fat new contract and then in 2008... enh, not so great.

So, yeah - I get the "unproven" aspect especially with a new team and less talent.

FAX
07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Most of the time, guys will respond to finally signing the big contract one of two ways ... there's rarely anything in the middle. Either they say, "Whew, I did it." and throttle back or they view it as a shared commitment to success and re-double their efforts. We'll find out pretty quickly which way Cassel's going to go. Much depends on the red wheelbarrow and how much he likes to play football.

FAX

KCBOSS1
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM

Point well taken...and no, I wouldn't want to sign any of those guys. I also wouldn't have wanted to necessarily draft a rookie. That's a bigger gamble considering their current 1st round signing levels. I don't think that taking him was a bad deal. But HE didn't win 11 games, they did. But it seems that we didn't really gain anything. Even if we just let him play 4 games before signing him long term, we hold some leverage and find out if he is working well within the KC system. If he's turns out to be a product of NE system and doesn't stand well alone, where does that leave us, besides back in the hunt for another quarterback next year, while we are paying for a franchise guy all along? Just not my preference. If we have to pay more upon him being really good, that seems like a better business decision.

rageeumr
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Response articles come off hacky to me. The fact that it's well written is lost in the fact that it's in response to Whitlock's article. To me, it's an indirect admission of inferiority.

But that's just me.

Edit: Come to think of it, Whitlock does it himself quite a bit, so what do I know?

Halfcan
07-16-2009, 03:45 PM
CASSEL DOES NOT NEED MICHAEL JACKSON!!

Matt filled in nicely for an injured Brady and did not throw one pass to Jackson. NOT ONE!! Jackson might be the King of pop-but with only one glittered glove-had trouble holding onto the ball. Yes his endzone dances were among the best- but he often cried when fans booed him for dropped passes.

So even though Jackson is dead-this reporter feels that Cassel will be a-okay without him.

Chocolate Hog
07-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, then you have the Derek Andersons of the world... very similar situation to Matt, but he didn't change teams. Derek came out of nowhere from the bench, kicked ass, signed a fat new contract and then in 2008... enh, not so great.

So, yeah - I get the "unproven" aspect especially with a new team and less talent.

Yea but the difference between Cassel & Anderson is Cassel reads the field and Anderson telegraphs his throws.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2009, 03:51 PM

And if he plays like dog shit, it was a terrible move by Pioli. We just don't know yet. But I would like to address the 11 of 16 part of your post. Do you think that Jeff Garcia or Rex Grossman couldn't have led NE to 11 wins last year?

We are talking about a team that went from 16-0 to 11-5 missing only Tom Brady. That's a nod to Tom Terrific, not Matt Cassel. I'm sure it's obvious I'm not sold on Cassel, but I don't hate the move, and I hope like hell I don't know shit, and the guy is exactly what Pioli thinks he is.

FAX
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
The sad thing is that, without a program, I'm not completely certain I could actually recognize good quarterback play in a Chiefs uniform ... it's been that long.

FAX

Consistent1
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Dudes, it's over. The master-plan failed. Harrell just signed with some damn CFL team. I know what was supposed to happen. Pioli would be all like "well, would you like a chance son?". Then he offers him a salary comparable to an Arrowhead beer vendor. Boo-Ya.....next Tom Brady out of nowhere and they trade Cassel to Carolina for Peppers.....it's all fucked now....

FAX
07-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Okay ... for crying out loud ...

... "No Moss" ... get it? Like "No Más"? As in Roberto Duran? As in, I can't take it anymore? As in, stop the fight? ... Get it? ... "No Moss"?

FAX

KCBOSS1
07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
CASSEL DOES NOT NEED MICHAEL JACKSON!!

Matt filled in nicely for an injured Brady and did not throw one pass to Jackson. NOT ONE!! Jackson might be the King of pop-but with only one glittered glove-had trouble holding onto the ball. Yes his endzone dances were among the best- but he often cried when fans booed him for dropped passes.

So even though Jackson is dead-this reporter feels that Cassel will be a-okay without him.

Isn't there a minimum age limit on this site?

Chocolate Hog
07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
And if he plays like dog shit, it was a terrible move by Pioli. We just don't know yet. But I would like to address the 11 of 16 part of your post. Do you think that Jeff Garcia or Rex Grossman couldn't have led NE to 11 wins last year?

We are talking about a team that went from 16-0 to 11-5 missing only Tom Brady. That's a nod to Tom Terrific, not Matt Cassel. I'm sure it's obvious I'm not sold on Cassel, but I don't hate the move, and I hope like hell I don't know shit, and the guy is exactly what Pioli thinks he is.

Rex Grossman wouldn't have won 11 games for the Patriots and I'm not sure Jeff Garcia would either. The Patriots lost 5 games last year not because of Cassel but because of there defense. If you look at the Jets game, Cassel led them from behind to tie the game. The game aginst the Dolphins the Patriots defense couldn't stop the wildcat. Also Matt Cassel played with the 7th string RB. When the Patriots went 16-0 they didn't have alot of injuries. I'm not saying Cassel is Tom Brady, but what I am saying is Cassel has proven he can make plays. The only question about Cassel is he a leader?

JASONSAUTO
07-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Rex Grossman wouldn't have won 11 games for the Patriots and I'm not sure Jeff Garcia would either. The Patriots lost 5 games last year not because of Cassel but because of there defense. If you look at the Jets game, Cassel led them from behind to tie the game. The game aginst the Dolphins the Patriots defense couldn't stop the wildcat. Also Matt Cassel played with the 7th string RB. When the Patriots went 16-0 they didn't have alot of injuries. I'm not saying Cassel is Tom Brady, but what I am saying is Cassel has proven he can make plays. The only question about Cassel is he a leader?

IMO the pats wouldnt have gone 16-0 again WITH brady, anyone expecting that would have been crazy

KCBOSS1
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM

It's the $63 mil question..

FAX
07-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't know, guys. I've been watching some tape from the Pats season lately, and I'm pretty impressed with Cassel ... qualified by the fact that, for all intents and purposes, those were his first starts since high school. I mean, think about that for a second ... it's crazy.

Anyhow, at least from where I sit, I'm pretty confident in Pioli's assessment about the guy - I mean, if anybody should know Cassel's strengths and weaknesses, it's Pioli.

So, even though I hesitate to commit an opinion on a new Chiefs quarterback since I was one of the people who believed in Croyle, I think Cassel's going to be okay - if he's vertical.

To me, that's the big risk. Can he stay healthy? If yes, I think we're in pretty good shape. If not, we have big problems. Rosie O'Doughnuts-sized problems.

FAX

wild1
07-16-2009, 04:35 PM
A poor attempt to wh*re attention from the Whitlock piece earlier in the week.

DaWolf
07-16-2009, 04:38 PM
IMO the pats wouldnt have gone 16-0 again WITH brady, anyone expecting that would have been crazy

If Brady doesn't go 16-0 this season, he's washed up...

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-16-2009, 04:58 PM

Exactly...OUR pass rush was getting after and hitting Brady even before the Pollard hit. Anyone who thinks that team would have gone undefeated again is nuts. Of course they would have been a better team with Brady as he is one of the best to play the game.

Raised On Riots
07-16-2009, 05:19 PM

Is that god damned, Sake-fetching sonofabitch accusing you of plagiarism?

I don't know where the fuck he gets the nerve to peruse the Planet on MY motherfucking dime, but you tell that little bastard I said to get back to work and FETCH-A SAKE!

http://www.mikesblender.com/sake_pouring.jpg

DaWolf
07-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Exactly...OUR pass rush was getting after and hitting Brady even before the Pollard hit. Anyone who thinks that team would have gone undefeated again is nuts. Of course they would have been a better team with Brady as he is one of the best to play the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_curse

Super Bowl losing teams who went on to poor follow-up performance include:[3]

* Atlanta Falcons. (Super Bowl XXXIII). 1998-99: 14-2. Following year: 5-11
* New York Giants. (Super Bowl XXXV). 2000-01: 12-4. Following year: 7-9.
* St. Louis Rams. (Super Bowl XXXVI). 2001-02: 14-2. Following year: 7-9.
* Oakland Raiders. (Super Bowl XXXVII). 2002-03: 11-5. Following year: 4-12
* Carolina Panthers. (Super Bowl XXXVIII) 2003-04: 11-5. Following year: 7-9.
* Philadelphia Eagles. (Super Bowl XXXIX) 2004-05: 13-3. Following year: 6-10.
* Chicago Bears. (Super Bowl XLI) 2006-07: 13-3. Following year: 7-9.

[edit] Exceptions

There have been three exceptions since this curse supposedly began.

* Tennessee Titans. (Super Bowl XXXIV). 1999-2000: 13-3. In the 2000-01 season, they went 13-3 again, clinching home-field advantage. They lost in the divisional playoffs, however, to the Baltimore Ravens (interestingly, the exact same thing happened in the 2008 season, with the same record, playoff losing round, and who they lost to).

* Seattle Seahawks. (Super Bowl XL). 2005-06: 13-3. In the 2006-07 season, they slipped to 9-7, but won the NFC West division. They lost in the divisional playoffs to the Chicago Bears.

* New England Patriots. (Super Bowl XLII). 2007-08: 16-0. In the 2008-09 season, they slipped to 11-5, but lost tiebreakers to the Miami Dolphins for the division championship, and to the Baltimore Ravens for the second Wild Card spot. They became the first 11-5 team since 1985 to miss the playoffs, and first 11-5 team to miss the playoffs after the NFL expanded the playoff field to 6 teams per conference.

Heck, the fact that they won 11 games after losing the Super Bowl is an exception in itself. Only the Titans were able to post as good a record the following year, and the Titans are pretty much the Kansas City Chiefs of the 90's: go 13-3 and lose in the playoffs...

Von Dumbass
07-16-2009, 08:34 PM

Jeff Garcia is a very underrated QB. I don't know if he could have learned the system fast enough, but Garcia better than a lot of QB's in the league.

The Patriots lost 5 games last year not because of Cassel but because of there defense. If you look at the Jets game, Cassel led them from behind to tie the game.
Tom Brady would have taken that team to the playoffs no matter who got hurt. Just sayin'

RippedmyFlesh
07-16-2009, 08:38 PM

Is it even possible that there is anyone in Kansas City who knows more concerning Matt Cassel’s abilities as an NFL quarterback? Doubtful.

Is it even possible that there is anyone who knows more concerning Matt Cassel’s abilities as an NFL quarterback? Doubtful.

Just a little editing.

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Josh McDaniels or Bill Belichick might.

DeezNutz
07-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Okay ... for crying out loud ...

... "No Moss" ... get it? Like "No Más"? As in Roberto Duran? As in, I can't take it anymore? As in, stop the fight? ... Get it? ... "No Moss"?

FAX

I don't speak Italian.

RippedmyFlesh
07-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I think brady as much as the "system" got moss to fly right.
I could see moss being much more motivated with brady in instead of cassel.
To play the position is one thing to deal with moss the personality is another.
And to me welker getting pretty much the same production from a receptions and yards stand point shows not all of moss's down production was entirely cassel's fault but maybe a part of it him not playing as hard.

VAChief
07-16-2009, 08:58 PM

Is it rape if you consent? j/k Clayton.

Chocolate Hog
07-16-2009, 09:15 PM
The media in KC is a joke. Jason Whitlock, 810 sports, 610 sports. You should listen to that Nick Wright guy, Even more laughable are the people who talk Chiefs on his facebook wall.

"Nick on yesterdays podcast so if you hit this today my bad. The signing of Matt Cassell was made to sell tickets, we had season tickets since 89 and had to give them up this year. Turns out we were able to get a half season package. My dad calls up and (don't know the name my dad made the call) the ticket rep told my dad "since the Cassell signing tickets are selling left and right". Keep up the good work hope this helps."

So we signed Cassel to a long-term contract cuz Pioli wants to sell tickets.

JASONSAUTO
07-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Is that god damned, Sake-fetching sonofabitch accusing you of plagiarism?

I don't know where the fuck he gets the nerve to peruse the Planet on MY motherfucking dime, but you tell that little bastard I said to get back to work and FETCH-A SAKE!

]

LET me tell you something you cumdumpster cocksucking piece of shit the mother fucking MINUTE no no SECOND that i have to do anymotherfucking thing on YOUR dime is the second that i shoot myself right in the fucking face WHILE slamming my nuts with a 40 LB sledge...

oh and someone please quote this so that pussy can see it.

Easy 6
07-22-2009, 05:40 PM
So, i havent been able to get to the Planet very much lately & as a result miss many Great Debates.

Is there a large faction of people who dont like the Cassel move?

If so, why?

We're building for the future right? whats wrong with bringing in a young talent that can grow with his O? who'll know not only the playbook, but the players, like the back of his hand?

IMO, this O could be rock solid by next year...as long as Pioli doesnt forget what made the Pats tick, and i have a hard time seeing that happen.

With Albert securing the blindside, several recent draft pix, next years draft & FA class, the line should be tight.

Dwayne Bowe IMO is a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald...i'll take that, thank you. And of course the WR pantry can be stocked next year, so WR has a great start & can only improve with careful management.

We still have LJ, who despite his troubles, is as committed as he's ever been & can still produce monster #'s. If he goes next year, well, luckily RB is one of the easiest positions to find talent at.

Even if we're just talking about 09, the shelves arent bare...

QB - most likely a Check.

RB - Check

WR - Check

LT - Check.

Thats a damn good start for an offense IMO & the ball has just begun to roll.

milkman
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
So, i havent been able to get to the Planet very much lately & as a result miss many Great Debates.

Is there a large faction of people who dont like the Cassel move?

If so, why?

We're building for the future right? whats wrong with bringing in a young talent that can grow with his O? who'll know not only the playbook, but the players, like the back of his hand?

IMO, this O could be rock solid by next year...as long as Pioli doesnt forget what made the Pats tick, and i have a hard time seeing that happen.

With Albert securing the blindside, several recent draft pix, next years draft & FA class, the line should be tight.

Dwayne Bowe IMO is a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald...i'll take that, thank you. And of course the WR pantry can be stocked next year, so WR has a great start & can only improve with careful management.

We still have LJ, who despite his troubles, is as committed as he's ever been & can still produce monster #'s. If he goes next year, well, luckily RB is one of the easiest positions to find talent at.

Even if we're just talking about 09, the shelves arent bare...

QB - most likely a Check.

RB - Check

WR - Check

LT - Check.

Thats a damn good start for an offense IMO & the ball has just begun to roll.

You have missed a lot of debates.

Easy 6
07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
You have missed a lot of debates.

This is all i get outta you? I'm disappointed.

When i saw your name as last poster, i just knew i'd be on the receiving end of a scathing, whipsaw rant!

milkman
07-22-2009, 06:14 PM
This is all i get outta you? I'm disappointed.

When i saw your name as last poster, i just knew i'd be on the receiving end of a scathing, whipsaw rant!

Eh....

Didn't really feel like catching you up.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Eh....

Didn't really feel like catching you up.

LMAO

Is it just me, or did reading his post combined with the thought of answering it in full just about make you instantly lose all remaining energy and want to fall asleep?

Ari Chi3fs
07-22-2009, 08:34 PM
I wish Claythan would stop ripping off thoughts from the Planet.

FAX
07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I wish Mr. GoChiefs would stop ripping off thoughts from the Planet.

He needs to be more ... you know, original.

FAX

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 08:43 PM
GoChiefs Doesn't Need Chiefsplanet

FAX
07-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I just had a thought ... you know, Mr. GoChiefs doesn't really need ChiefsPlanet.

FAX

Just Passin' By
07-22-2009, 08:56 PM
I just had a thought ... you know, Mr. GoChiefs doesn't really need ChiefsPlanet.

FAX

Any thoughts on whether or not Chiefsplanet needs Mr. GoChiefs?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1523068/2/istockphoto_1523068_stirring_the_pot.jpg

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Any thoughts on whether or not Chiefsplanet needs Mr. GoChiefs?

Donk fan on Chiefsplanet this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This forum is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The boards are extended gutters and the gutters are full of negative rep and when the drains finally scab over, all the trolls will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their girly pics and flames will foam up about their post counts and all the attention whores and moderators will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper "No."

Ebolapox
07-22-2009, 09:00 PM
GoChiefs Doesn't Need Chiefsplanet

he should kindly go the fuck away then.

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 09:04 PM
he should kindly go the fuck away then.

Yeah, but I want it. I WANT IT BAD.

Ohhhh Chiefsplanet. Right there. That feels sooooooo good.

KcMizzou
07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Donk fan on Chiefsplanet this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This forum is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The boards are extended gutters and the gutters are full of negative rep and when the drains finally scab over, all the trolls will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their girly pics and flames will foam up about their post counts and all the attention whores and moderators will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper "No."LMAO

Ok, that was good.

FAX
07-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

Throw in a couple of locker room references and a quote from Brandon Flowers and you've got yourself a damn story.

FAX

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

Throw in a couple of locker room references and a quote from Brandon Flowers and you've got yourself a damn story.

FAX

I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says Chiefsplanet is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening forum.

Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great troll GoChiefs is online tonight. Go post with him. That should pick you up."

Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am GoChiefs!"

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

FAX
07-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Ooooh. That reminds me of one ...

A man goes to the doctor and says, "Doc, I need your help. When people call me a dumbass, it hurts my feelings," to which the doctor replied, "Well, stop being a dumbass."

FAX

luv
07-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says Chiefsplanet is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening forum.

Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great troll GoChiefs is online tonight. Go post with him. That should pick you up."

Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am GoChiefs!"

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

*crickets*

Just Passin' By
07-22-2009, 10:18 PM

How the hell will you look down when you're in a basement? :Poke:

Pioli Zombie
07-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, but I want it. I WANT IT BAD.

Ohhhh Chiefsplanet. Right there. That feels sooooooo good.

Please fuck something. Anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Please fuck something. Anything.
Posted via Mobile Device\

I did, remember?

FAX
07-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm wondering if you've compiled representative samples of your work to date, Mr. GoChiefs, and forwarded those along with your resume to other publishers and/or news outlets. It seems to me that you have accumulated a sufficient number of published articles to garner some interest from other, potential employers.

Or, perhaps your arrangement with WPI precludes you from writing for another publication in addition to theirs? Is this something you've considered?

FAX

luv
07-22-2009, 10:35 PM
\

I did, remember?

Yes, and remember how well that turned out?

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Yes, and remember how well that turned out?

I got a hell of a blowjob. That's never bad.

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm wondering if you've compiled representative samples of your work to date, Mr. GoChiefs, and forwarded those along with your resume to other publishers and/or news outlets. It seems to me that you have accumulated a sufficient number of published articles to garner some interest from other, potential employers.

Or, perhaps your arrangement with WPI precludes you from writing for another publication in addition to theirs? Is this something you've considered?

FAX

I honestly don't think they'd be interested in a glorified blogger. I mean, that's what I am, outside of my training camp reports. But I do save my work.

I'm more interested in editing anyway.

FAX
07-22-2009, 10:48 PM
I honestly don't think they'd be interested in a glorified blogger. I mean, that's what I am, outside of my training camp reports. But I do save my work.

I'm more interested in editing anyway.

Don't sell yourself short, Mr. GoChiefs. Ever. There are plenty of people who are more than happy and willing to do that for you. I know this from personal experience.

If you don't mind, please answer seriously ... is this a vocation you wish to pursue?

FAX

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Don't sell yourself short, Mr. GoChiefs. Ever. There are plenty of people who are more than happy and willing to do that for you. I know this from personal experience.

If you don't mind, please answer seriously ... is this a vocation you wish to pursue?

FAX

Really? I don't know. Writing about anything other than the Chiefs just bores me to death. I have no passion for it. And beat writing is for the birds.

FAX
07-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Really? I don't know. Writing about anything other than the Chiefs just bores me to death. I have no passion for it. And beat writing is for the birds.

Well, that's the key right there. If you have no passion for the work, it isn't a worthwhile pursuit.

I just think that you have ability. And there's more. You have an enviable capacity for persistence. For example, you demonstrated tremendous self-control and dedication in losing the weight and getting yourself in shape. That's not easy. No matter what anyone else might say, it's one of the most difficult things a person can attempt - let alone achieve.

Were you to apply the same level of devotion and focus to any other endeavor for which you had talent, you could not help but be successful. To me, assuming that you did wish to make a living as a sports writer, it would be important to begin developing contacts outside the WPI world, though. And the sooner the better.

However, if it's not your bag, there's no point in talking about it, I guess.

FAX

luv
07-22-2009, 11:18 PM
I got a hell of a blowjob. That's never bad.

How do you know it was a hell of a blow job? What are you comparing it to?

Count Alex's Wins
07-22-2009, 11:21 PM
How do you know it was a hell of a blow job? What are you comparing it to?

The shitty one i had.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 11:33 PM
The shitty one i had.

You're coming along nicely. This calls for a toast!

http://www.galaxc.com/images/Service-Bell-400x274.jpg
SAUTO!!!

http://www.fotobank.ru/img/SF14-6953.jpg?size=l

Mmmm.....Cheers to you, Claythan-san.

Rausch
07-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Does it really seem fair to compare Cassel to either player? Hardly.

The fuck?

Remind me when Cassel carried not a year removed 16-0 team but a fucking second year expansion team to the playoffs like Kerry Collins?

He set passing records in the playoffs with the giants and took 2 different teams to championchips games. He's lead 3 different teams to the playoffs. He's also one of only 15 QB's to pass for more than 35,000 yards.

Collins has played at a very high level in his career his problem has been consistency and questionable character...

Chocolate Hog
07-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Collins sucks

Raised On Riots
07-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Collins sucks

His last game of 2008 was certainly the epitome of "Hootie-ness", but I know very little of his overall career play.

Chocolate Hog
07-23-2009, 12:58 AM
His last game of 2008 was certainly the epitome of "Hootie-ness", but I know very little of his overall career play.

Dink and dunk. He's a backup Qb at best

Raised On Riots
07-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Dink and dunk. He's a backup Qb at best

Question:

Do you think it is at all possible, in some metaphysical, spiritual way, to break Cassel of that bad habit of throwing up both arms, Favre-style, when a play is made?

I really hate that. I always though Favre looked like a fucking douchebag doing that, and I am saddened that it has become a trend.

As it is ghey.

Is there any hope?

Just Passin' By
07-23-2009, 01:04 AM
The ****?

Remind me when Cassel carried not a year removed 16-0 team but a ****ing second year expansion team to the playoffs like Kerry Collins?

He set passing records in the playoffs with the giants and took 2 different teams to championchips games. He's lead 3 different teams to the playoffs. He's also one of only 15 QB's to pass for more than 35,000 yards.

Collins has played at a very high level in his career his problem has been consistency and questionable character...

Collins has a sub .500 record, a career passer rating of 73.8, has completed 60% of his passes only twice in his career and has thrown only 186 TDs compared to 179 INTs. The best passer rating of his career is 85.4. GoChiefs' article has some problems, but distancing Cassel from Collins isn't one of them.

Chocolate Hog
07-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Question:

Do you think it is at all possible, in some metaphysical, spiritual way, to break Cassel of that bad habit of throwing up both arms, Favre-style, when a play is made?

I really hate that. I always though Favre looked like a ****ing douchebag doing that, and I am saddened that it has become a trend.

As it is ghey.

Is there any hope?

Yes after the Chiefs score 40 points a game and win a super bowl.

Raised On Riots
07-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Yes after the Chiefs score 40 points a game and win a super bowl.

There are many plays on the way to a Super Bowl, and it is important that Cassel forge his own identity along the way.

I do not assume to dictate what that identity may be, I only hope for something original that pays homage to us, the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I must meditate on this.

KcMizzou
07-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Question:

I really hate that. I always though Favre looked like a ****ing douchebag doing that, and I am saddened that it has become a trend.

As it is ghey.

Is there any hope?The guy can breakdance after a TD pass for all I care. I just hope to see whatever he does often.

(Didn't Montana do that?)

Raised On Riots
07-23-2009, 01:14 AM
The guy can breakdance after a TD pass for all I care. I just hope to see whatever he does often.

(Didn't Montana do that?)

I watched all Montana Super Bowls as a kid, yet I do not recall Golden Joe break dancing...

Count Alex's Wins
07-23-2009, 01:17 AM
The fuck?

Remind me when Cassel carried not a year removed 16-0 team but a fucking second year expansion team to the playoffs like Kerry Collins?

He's terrible if you put even a little pressure on him.

Completely immobile, too.

KcMizzou
07-23-2009, 01:18 AM
I watched all Montana Super Bowls as a kid, yet I do not recall Golden Joe break dancing...Heheh, yeah... I meant throwing his arms up. (I thought about that after I posted it.)

Chocolate Hog
07-23-2009, 01:20 AM
Tennesee is the most boring team to watch too

Raised On Riots
07-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Heheh, yeah... I meant throwing his arms up. (I thought about that after I posted it.)

There are basically two QB celebration moves I can recall at this moment:

The aforementioned "Arms Up", and the "Punch and Tuck"( punch the air/ground in front of you, and then tuck your fist of fury in to your rib cage ).

Something with urgency and self-acknowledgement...

By George I've got it; it's time to bring back the Chop. Yes! That's exactly it.

Cassel must appropriate the Tomahawk-Chop and make it his own!

Send the memo, and TO THE 'SHIP!

"THE DEAL IS DONE"!

T-post Tom
07-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Cassel will need Moss if he runs over a metermaid or decides to sport cornrows.

Count Alex's Wins
07-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Both are better than the Culpepper "rollin" celebration.

Raised On Riots
07-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Both are better than the Culpepper "rollin" celebration.

Is that where you crank up Limp Bizkit and act ghey?

Count Alex's Wins
07-23-2009, 01:41 AM
That's where you blow out your knee and bang bitches on a boat.

Raised On Riots
07-23-2009, 01:43 AM
That's where you blow out your knee and bang bitches on a boat.

LMAO

easymobee
07-23-2009, 02:27 AM
GoChiefs is obviously a homer hack. I hope this article doesn't turn into a 25 page thread at orangemane sometime in november. He would've written this same type of article about Kendrell Bell or Ryan Sims three summers ago, had he had the same type of oppurtunity. He's has no subjectivity, his glasses are obviously red and gold. This is a man who once ranked Sammy Knight right along with Ed Reed statistically and called Surtain and Champ Bailey basically a draw at CB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Wins
07-23-2009, 02:30 AM
GoChiefs is obviously a homer hack. I hope this article doesn't turn into a 25 page thread at orangemane sometime in november. He would've written this same type of article about Ryan Sims three summers ago, had he had the same type of oppurtunity.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd rather be a homer hack than an ignorant hack.

Whitlock's article was completely ignorant.

easymobee
07-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Just consider the source. If you woke up tomorrow and read in the KC Star that Boomer Grigsby resigned with the Chiefs for 5 years at 8 million per, Clay would figure out a way to write a favorible blog about it within 4 days ( yes, its a blog .... not an article).
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Wins
07-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Just consider the source. If you woke up tomorrow and read in the KC Star that Boomer Grigsby resigned with the Chiefs for 5 years at 8 million per, Clay would figure out a way to write a favorible blog about it within 4 days ( yes, its a blog .... not an article).
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, no. Boomer was pretty marginal, and I said as much during his time here.

I call it like I see it.

Rausch
07-23-2009, 04:17 AM
He's terrible if you put even a little pressure on him.

Completely immobile, too.

He is a statue. I'm not saying he's a HOF'er, just that he's had some damned good years and played some really good football.

He just hasn't done it enough to be considered really good. I think Bledsoe will have the same problem despite insane career numbers...

Pioli Zombie
07-23-2009, 05:25 AM

Again. Did you watch the Patriots last year? That defense was not the same defense they were in 2007. The personnel may have been the same for the most part but in a lot of games they flat out sucked. Special teams too. Its doubtful even with Brady they win 4 of the 5 games they lost. And no, Grossman for sure wouldn't have taken that Patriot team to 11-5. Garcia might have, as I think he has shown he can lead teams to the playoffs as he did in SF, Philly and almost TB, and I think gets a raw deal here.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
07-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Tennesee is the most boring team to watch too

Yeah chris johnson is really boring.