PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Jones

MahiMike
07-17-2009, 08:37 AM
I think it's time to take a flyer on him. Character issues aside, this would be a typical Pioli move - to sign a veteran on the cheap. I used to watch Matt exclusively from the high seats at Alltel stadium. If he had a better QB, he could've caught twice as many balls. Often times he was wide open and never saw a ball. For the Chiefs, he could be the goal line replacement to Tony. Just throw it up 15 feet in the air and watch him grab it.

The Matt to Matt combination could be lethal.

Matt Jones: "It was a bad mistake"
Posted by Aaron Wilson on July 16, 2009 9:15 PM ET
In a revealing, contrite interview, former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones acknowledged the depth of his problems that have left him currently unemployed as he tries to catch on with another NFL team.

Jones told Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union that he has learned a very hard lesson.

The former first-round draft pick was arrested last summer when he was caught by police cutting up cocaine in a car with a credit card.

Then, Jones served a week in jail for violating his probation by admittedly drinking alcohol on a golf course. Jones was arrested on March 9 for contempt, and the Jaguars cut him from the roster exactly one week later.

"[Cocaine] is something I hadn't really done in the past, so it's not like there was ever a drug problem," Jones told the Times-Union. "[The incident] was something where I was with some of my buddies. It was a bad mistake, bad judgment on everybody's part."

And that mistake has triggered serious consequences for Jones' career.

At this point, no deal is in the offing with an NFL team for the former University of Arkansas star even though he's not facing any pending punishment from the league office with the exception of a $50,000 fine.

"We've had dialogue with multiple teams," Jones' agent, Dave Butz, said. "I think [his prospects for catching on with a new team] are excellent.

"We're excited now to find the best fit for Matt. He's scot-free as far as punishment and ready to have a great year."

Jones, who caught 65 passes for 716 yards last season prior to being suspended by the NFL, admitted that his work habits weren't up to par during his time with the Jaguars.

"My first year, I was just running around, being an athlete," Jones said. "The second and third year, I kind of started to figure everything out. Then last year, I finally knew how to get open, was learning how to play receiver."

However, Jones violated his plea agreement and was sentenced to jail for contempt.

"I just had some bad advice from people who were close to me that were like, 'Hey, you can drink a couple of beers. It's not a big deal,'" Jones said. "In the NFL program, you can drink alcohol. But there were a lot of different rules [from the drug court and the league] that I was looking at going through all that.

"The bottom line was it was a mistake I made and paid for. Really, I can't point the finger at anybody else but myself."

And Jones has tarnished his reputation severely.

In addition to his off-field problems, Jones' work ethic is definitely under scrutiny.

Wright spoke with an unnamed former NFL head coach about how Jones is perceived around the league, and the review wasn't a positive one.

"I don't know the specifics of Matt's situation, but guys like him and Mike Vick -- obviously, Matt's situation isn't as serious -- but I think teams are reluctant to deal with character problems," the anonymous coach said. "There have been guys who have come through in the past I've worked with [that ran into legal difficulties] who are still trying to get back in.

"Once nobody trusts you, it's hard to get back into the league. Another thing about Matt is he's got a bit of a rep for being a lazy guy."

For Matt Jones, it's a lot of self-imposed obstacles to overcome.

However, at least he sounds committed to trying to change his ways.

"I'm just sorry for making these mistakes and how everything turned out," Jones said "I let down my family, friends and people close to me, my teammates," Jones said. "I feel bad for my mother having to go through so much in everyday life, people saying stuff to her.

"At the same time, all this has brought our family closer together. Everybody makes mistakes. Anybody who knows me, they know my heart and know there was never any type of problem with drugs or alcohol. I can't worry about what other people are thinking."

Chiefnj2
07-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I'd bring him to camp for vet minimum and let him compete for a spot.

Pestilence
07-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I'd bring him in. Our WR corp is thin and we can use another body for training camp.

Pneuma
07-17-2009, 08:57 AM
I would like to get Matt Jones...plus he has good coke.

Mr. Krab
07-17-2009, 08:57 AM
As long as it's for the vet min

Just Passin' By
07-17-2009, 09:00 AM
As long as it's for the vet min free drugs

FYP

rockymtnchief
07-17-2009, 09:02 AM
This team needs the competition at WR. Vet minimum and someone to make guys like Darling and Webb work harder for a job is definitely needed.

Deberg_1990
07-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Hes got a rep around the league as lazy and a history of drug habits. IM shocked there isnt more interest?? ROFL

Reerun_KC
07-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Hes got a rep around the league as lazy and a history of drug habits. IM shocked there isnt more interest?? ROFL

Sounds like the perfect True Fan type of player...

Crush
07-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Print 'em.

MoreLemonPledge
07-17-2009, 05:09 PM
He's got all of the talent in the world, and actually started to live up to it last season. His troubles have surely given him a better appreciation for what he had. He's the perfect guy to take a chance on. And this:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/media/ALeqM5h1euLgWy8rMTyT7alI53v6PuavCw

BCD
07-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I'd like to see them bring him in for a look.

Micjones
07-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd take Jones, in a heartbeat...
He'd make this one VERY solid Receiving corps and you don't have to depend on Bradley to stay healthy.

MahiMike
07-17-2009, 11:09 PM

I know. I know. I used to get pissed at his work habits too. I just think he's learned his lesson. If not, cut him.

Chiefaholic
07-17-2009, 11:50 PM
"We've had dialogue with multiple teams," Jones' agent, Dave Butz, said. "I think [his prospects for catching on with a new team] are excellent.

"We're excited now to find the best fit for Matt. He's scot-free as far as punishment and ready to have a great year."

I doubt we'de get him at the vet minimum given they've spoken to multiple teams already. But, we could offer a contract structured to where the bonus wouldn't be offered till AFTER this season. If he plays to his ability and doesn't screw up off the field, we keep him under contract and give him what he deserves. If he screws the pooch, cut his ass and there's no cap hit.

Micjones
07-17-2009, 11:54 PM

I doubt we'de get him at the vet minimum given they've spoken to multiple teams already. But, we could offer a contract structured to where the bonus wouldn't be offered till AFTER this season. If he plays to his ability and doesn't screw up off the field, we keep him under contract and give him what he deserves. If he screws the pooch, cut his ass and there's no cap hit.

SOLD!

Where does he sign?

Thig Lyfe
07-18-2009, 12:02 AM
SIGN 'EM, SCOTT!

chiefs1111
07-18-2009, 12:03 AM
SIGN 'EM, SCOTT!

No,lets not and say we did

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 12:07 AM
SOLD!

Where does he sign?

There's no such thing as too much depth for our receiving corps right now. I think he'd be grateful, and you know Pioli would structure the proper contract to suit this situation to our advantage*

* Jeezus; when was the last time you could claim that about the front office? Carl really is gone.:clap:

chiefs1111
07-18-2009, 12:10 AM
There's no such thing as too much depth for our receiving corps right now. I think he'd be grateful, and you know Pioli would structure the proper contract to suit this situation to our advantage*

* Jeezus; when was the last time you could claim that about the front office? Carl really is gone.:clap:

Yeah its so great too have Carl gone.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:12 AM
No he's a coke head and he sucks. Funny how everyone says our WR core sucks yet they want to sign Matt Jones. He's no a better player then Bowe, Bradley, or Engram. If you're going to sign a moron atleast sign one who makes good plays. Sign Burress

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah its so great too have Carl gone.

I don't always necessarily agree with the Patriot Way of team building, but it IS great to know that there is someone running the show who HAS a plan and knows how to execute it.

There's not going to be a lot of "superstar" on this team( and I don't mean Ocho-Cinco, I mean Derrick Thomas ), but there WILL be solid and dependable guys with enough talent to make the machine work as a whole.

chiefs1111
07-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I don't always necessarily agree with the Patriot Way of team building, but it IS great to know that there is someone running the show who HAS a plan and knows how to execute it.

There's not going to be a lot of "superstar" on this team( and I don't mean Ocho-Cinco, I mean Derrick Thomas ), but there WILL be solid and dependable guys with enough talent to make the machine work as a whole.

Yeah no more " I have a five year plan BS". Hopefully Pioli can get all the draft picks signed in time for camp and iam confident he will.

BCD
07-18-2009, 12:22 AM
He's no a better player then BoweYou're a moron. That would really suck to have a #2 WR catch 80 balls. :rolleyes:

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 12:24 AM
No he's a coke head and he sucks. Funny how everyone says our WR core sucks yet they want to sign Matt Jones. He's no a better player then Bowe, Bradley, or Engram. If you're going to sign a moron atleast sign one who makes good plays. Sign Burress

It's not about "suck", it's about getting as many weapons as you can.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
You're a moron. That would really suck to have a #2 WR catch 80 balls. :rolleyes:

Really? Cuz he hasn't caught 80 balls in a season his whole career. Bowe had more catches his rookie year then Matt Jones had his first 2 seasons. Pioli wants guys who will trade records for wins, not NFL paychecks for coke.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:28 AM
It's not about "suck", it's about getting as many weapons as you can.

Meh I don't think teams are like we have to key on Matt Jones. The first 3 WR positons are set, besides he's a redflag player if you are going to bring in bagage why don't you bring some in that will win you games?

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Meh I don't think teams are like we have to key on Matt Jones. The first 3 WR positons are set, besides he's a redflag player if you are going to bring in bagage why don't you bring some in that will win you games?

And if one of them goes on IR?

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:35 AM
And if one of them goes on IR?

Then the Chiefs will see what they got in Darling/Webb/Lawrence. If the Chiefs were a contending team Jones would make sense if they couldn't sign Burress. This season is about seeing what you got. Dolphins are a good example of that last year they could have signed some vetern but then they wouldn't have discovered Devonne Bees.

BCD
07-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Really? Cuz he hasn't caught 80 balls in a season his whole career. Bowe had more catches his rookie year then Matt Jones had his first 2 seasons. Pioli wants guys who will trade records for wins, not NFL paychecks for coke.Wow, you completely missed the point. You said Jones was no better than Bowe. Well, if Jones played as well as Bowe he'd have 80+ catches. BTW, he caught 65 last season.

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Then the Chiefs will see what they got in Darling/Webb/Lawrence. If the Chiefs were a contending team Jones would make sense if they couldn't sign Burress. This season is about seeing what you got. Dolphins are a good example of that last year they could have signed some vetern but then they wouldn't have discovered Devonne Bees.

I hope they saved the receipts, cuz that shit is more than likely going back the store.

BCD
07-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Then the Chiefs will see what they got in Darling/Webb/Lawrence. If the Chiefs were a contending team Jones would make sense if they couldn't sign Burress. This season is about seeing what you got. Dolphins are a good example of that last year they could have signed some vetern but then they wouldn't have discovered Devonne Bees.Matt Jones > Darling/Webb/Lawrence

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
I hope they saved the receipts, cuz that shit is more than likely going back the store.

Probably but you think theres much of a career for Matt Jones? If he was real good a team would have signed him.

BCD
07-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Probably but you think theres much of a career for Matt Jones? If he was real good a team would have signed him.Who knows if he's real good, but he's better than the aforementioned...

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Who knows if he's real good, but he's better than the aforementioned...

Yea but Herm is a moron when he left New York Cotchery was a very good WR. I'll trust Haley who coached WR's and Pioli who is good at finding talent.

Stryker
07-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Sprinkle a little line for him in the endzone and BAM...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Bj70nggaHE4/SKEIDx2IktI/AAAAAAAAAJw/jP2DwbAjiTc/s320/Legendaren_351250w.jpg

TOUCHDOWN KAN SAS CITY!

Bring 'em in!

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Probably but you think theres much of a career for Matt Jones? If he was real good a team would have signed him.

I'm not concerned about his career or even long-term value. As of today, he resides in a place talent-wise and money-wise that is a perfect fit for our needs in this time of transition and redirection.

And as I've said before, this is Scott Pioli who will be negotiating the terms of service. I'm going to assume Scott likes or even loves Matt Cassel, and he didn't give Matt any "lovey-dovey" bullshit in HIS contract, and he worked the contract to the franchise's benefit, NOT Cassel's.

KCChiefsMan
07-18-2009, 01:20 AM
I really would like us to take a chance on him. Tell him, if you screw up once you are gone! That would help our passing game a ton. TAKE A CHANCE PIOLI! DO IT!

Jethopper
07-18-2009, 04:01 AM
6'6'' 240 runs a 4.38 fourty. Sold

MoreLemonPledge
07-18-2009, 04:09 AM
12 games, 761 yds last season.

That's a little over 1,000 yds projected over a 16 game season.

Oh yeah, that's in Jacksonville's run first/possession offense.

Why has it taken him so long to be productive? He was a QB in college. For 4 years of experience as a WR, he's done pretty damn well.

LTL
07-18-2009, 05:28 AM

I do agree this year is about seeing what you got, but it's not like Jones is on the downside of his career. He is 25, by the time we are ready to contend he still has the chance to be of value. Last year he had more production than Darling and Webb have had their entire careers, that says something about our WRs and where we are at.

Thier really is no downside to signing him to a vet min, make it incentive laden and tell him if so much gets a jaywalking ticket he is gone.

I really doubt it happens though, Pioli has signed players that have had attitude problems, but not legal, none that I can think of anyway. I think he gets signed, but not till camp is almost over and injuries start to happen and teams become more desperate.

Skip Towne
07-18-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm sure he will get a job somewhere.

milkman
07-18-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm not concerned about his career or even long-term value. As of today, he resides in a place talent-wise and money-wise that is a perfect fit for our needs in this time of transition and redirection.

And as I've said before, this is Scott Pioli who will be negotiating the terms of service. I'm going to assume Scott likes or even loves Matt Cassel, and he didn't give Matt any "lovey-dovey" bullshit in HIS contract, and he worked the contract to the franchise's benefit, NOT Cassel's.

Just remember this.

If I understand it correctly, Matt Cassel will be making more this year than Tom Brady.

BossChief
07-18-2009, 07:06 AM
No way in hell Pioli brings a player with a drug problem to his team.

One of his first moves was cutting Merritt for getting busted with weed.

Name me one player Pioli signed in NE that had a recent drug history...that aught to keep a few people busy for a day or so.

Chiefnj2
07-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Jones had better numbers than Engram and Bradley last year. Why would the first 3 WR positions be set?

Kerberos
07-18-2009, 07:24 AM
With Haley being a pretty good WR coach at one point you could say that if they gave Jones a chance then Haley would either "Make Him" or "Break Him". And if we could bring him in for Vet minimum then its a win, win situation either way.

Micjones
07-18-2009, 08:14 AM

I'll give you Bowe and Engram, but Bradley?
Jones had about 200 fewer yards last season than Bradley's amassed his entire CAREER.

JohnnyV13
07-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be against signing Matt Jones.

He's a big body, who would replace some of what Gonzalez gave this offense. The character issues are obviously one problem. If the dude is lazy, you might not want to bring in a cancer when you're trying to establish a different team culture.

I guess the other issue is that Haley might want a different skill set from his receivers. (Obviously, he'd like Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston).

Sanka
07-18-2009, 10:46 AM
I think we should sign him, on the strength of that 'stache alone.

L.A. Chieffan
07-18-2009, 11:20 AM
id throw a few keys at him and tell him to keep it on the dl

Mr. Krab
07-18-2009, 11:24 AM
This is the most idiotic premise EVAH.

If a player was really good, then another team would of sign them. :doh!:

BWillie
07-18-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd pay the crap out of this guy. He has played WR for like 2 years and he's only getting better. Who cares if he likes the Blizzard on the side if he comes in and plays hard on game day. I don't.

Mr_Tomahawk
07-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Bring in the 8Ball. We already have a woman beater...let's give him a sidekick.

Skip Towne
07-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd pay the crap out of this guy. He has played WR for like 2 years and he's only getting better. Who cares if he likes the Blizzard on the side if he comes in and plays hard on game day. I don't.

I don't either. Bring him on.

Mr_Tomahawk
07-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I would be okay with replacing HOF good samaritan who saved the life of a a fan on an opposing team for a cokefiend. :D

Bwana
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Can he play on the OL.

BWillie
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Can he play on the OL.

Can he play QB? To be honest with you, he was a good QB in college. Why not start him as at WR and keep him as a third string QB? You get an extra roster spot

Chiefaholic
07-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Can he play on the OL.

Perhaps not, but he has the size to be a decent downfield blocker in the Ed McCaffrey mold. He has speed, size, and solid hands.....Sign him up and move Engram to the #3 spot to ensure his old ass lasts the entire season.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I'll give you Bowe and Engram, but Bradley?
Jones had about 200 fewer yards last season than Bradley's amassed his entire CAREER.

The Bears offense sucked Bradley said the coaches in Chicago weren't good coaches. Bradley played like a great #2 WR last season and is a vertical threat which should help Bowe and Engram underneath.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
This is the most idiotic premise EVAH.

If a player was really good, then another team would of sign them. :doh!:

So why hasn't another team signed him? #2 WR are hard to find in this league

Bwana
07-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Perhaps not, but he has the size to be a decent downfield blocker in the Ed McCaffrey mold. He has speed, size, and solid hands.....Sign him up and move Engram to the #3 spot to ensure his old ass lasts the entire season.

He may be worth a shot if he can keep his thug ass out of jail long enough to play, who knows.

Mr. Krab
07-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Just remember this.

If I understand it correctly, Matt Cassel will be making more this year than Tom Brady.
Here ya go, Milkman.

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mark-sanchez-1.jpg

Mr. Krab
07-18-2009, 01:01 PM
So why hasn't another team signed him? #2 WR are hard to find in this league
If you go by that premise, then every player on the Chiefs sucks because if they didn't another team would have them.

Chiefaholic
07-18-2009, 01:52 PM
He may be worth a shot if he can keep his thug ass out of jail long enough to play, who knows.

I agree about the thug life and hopefully he's learned a valuable lesson in life when his ass was cut. That's why I recommended it would be a good idea to sign him to reasonable contract price with the bonus coming AFTER the season is over. That way if he plays to his potential and doesn't screw up off the field, he'll earn his bonus. If he screws up, we cut him before the bonus is due and there's no hit against the cap.

The Patriots looked pretty damn smart in trading for another great athlete with head problems. Had Moss screwed up, they could have cut his ass with only a 5th round pick as a loss (Raiders ate the bonus). Engram has one or two years tops in this league, Bradley can't stay healthy, Darling made the team by default, and everybody else better be solid on special teams. We NEED somebody on this team other than Bowe.

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I think we pass on all Jailbird coke heads. Faders will sign him.

Micjones
07-18-2009, 02:51 PM
The Bears offense sucked Bradley said the coaches in Chicago weren't good coaches. Bradley played like a great #2 WR last season and is a vertical threat which should help Bowe and Engram underneath.

And you say what about how routinely he's been injured throughout his career?

Mr. Krab
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
The Bears offense sucked Bradley said the coaches in Chicago weren't good coaches. Bradley played like a great #2 WR last season and is a vertical threat which should help Bowe and Engram underneath.Wait a minute, if the bears didn't want Bradley, he must suck?

OnTheWarpath58
07-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Bring him in. He'll fit right in with the other WR's on the roster with huge question marks.

Micjones
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Bring him in. He'll fit right in with the other WR's on the roster with huge question marks.

Those questionmarks WON'T be...
"Can he produce?"
"Can he stay healthy?"

The two questions that routinely surround WR's on this roster not named Bowe.

So... I'll take it.

SPATCH
07-18-2009, 03:14 PM
so he likes to snort on the devil's dandruff from time to time... it doesn't make him a thug... i wouldn't even think twice about bringing him in...

and i'm being dead serious

Halfcan
07-18-2009, 03:27 PM
so he likes to snort on the devil's dandruff from time to time... it doesn't make him a thug... i wouldn't even think twice about bringing him in...

Hell we might as well bring in Micheal Irvin too....

BCD
07-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Hell we might as well bring in Micheal Irvin too....If he was 26 I would...

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Just remember this.

True, but it's my understanding that back end of the contract is very favorable for the Chiefs.

And isn't Brady due for a re signing soon?

I would be okay with replacing HOF good samaritan who saved the life of a a fan on an opposing team for a cokefiend. :D

Good Samaritan...:rolleyes:

Nice avy!

Here ya go, Milkman.

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mark-sanchez-1.jpg

Here YOU go, tool:

http://www.joblog.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/bikerchick-fat.jpg

SPATCH
07-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Hell we might as well bring in Micheal Irvin too....

oh in a mother fuckin heartbeat....

TRR
07-18-2009, 03:59 PM
I think everyone would agree that the KC O needs another consistent weapon. Engram will be a decent slot WR, but he is 36 years old. We all have hopes for Mark Bradley, but he has already been replaced by Devard Darling in mini camp as a first stringer. Matt Jones had a solid last season, and would of had in all likelihood, a 1,000 yard season if it weren't for him missing games. I believe he is probably worth the risk.

Matt Jones would either turn it around under Haley, or be cut very quickly.

milkman
07-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Here ya go, Milkman.

Have you seen me discuss Sanchez, except in direct response to other posts, since the draft?

And in those direct responses I think I've made it clear that we need to move on and stop worrying about Sanchez and accept that Cassel is our QB.

My post, pointing out that Cassel will be making more this year than Tom Brady is not directed negatively in way way toward Cassel.

It is only an illustration that you can not make any claims that Pioli is going to do exactly the right thing when it comes to contract negotiations.

That contract could easily bite the Chiefs in the ass, the same as the contract that Sanchez signed in New York could do for the Jets.

Cassel could also very well earn that contract and more.

Mr. Krab
07-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Have you seen me discuss Sanchez, except in direct response to other posts, since the draft?

And in those direct responses I think I've made it clear that we need to move on and stop worrying about Sanchez and accept that Cassel is our QB.

My post, pointing out that Cassel will be making more this year than Tom Brady is not directed negatively in way way toward Cassel.

It is only an illustration that you can not make any claims that Pioli is going to do exactly the right thing when it comes to contract negotiations.

That contract could easily bite the Chiefs in the ass, the same as the contract that Sanchez signed in New York could do for the Jets.

Cassel could also very well earn that contract and more.
You discuss it everytime you pout about Cassell. ROFL ROFL

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 04:20 PM

Do you see what I'm talking about here, MM? It's idiots like this who bitch about me and others "not being on board", but they can't let their Cassel-bullshit go.

If in the long run Cassel flops and Sanchez doesn't, I wonder how much Mr. Dipshit will be yukking it up at that point and time?

Idiot.

milkman
07-18-2009, 04:20 PM

No, actually I don't.

I also don't pout about Cassel, but if I did, I at least would have spelled his name correctly.

milkman
07-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Do you see what I'm talking about here, MM? It's idiots like this who bitch about me and others "not being on board", but they can't let their Cassel-bullshit go.

If in the long run Cassel flops and Sanchez doesn't, I wonder how much Mr. Dipshit will be yukking it up at that point and time?

Idiot.

Eh....It ain't nothing but a thang.

All I know is that I'm just going to root for Cassel.

He's our QB and I hope that he becomes a top ten QB in the NFL.

We can win championships with that.

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Eh....It ain't nothing but a thang.

All I know is that I'm just going to root for Cassel.

He's our QB and I hope that he becomes a top ten QB in the NFL.

We can win championships with that.

True enough.

Micjones
07-18-2009, 07:47 PM
It ain't nothing but a thang.

Is that you Johnny Whitefeather?
:D

milkman
07-18-2009, 07:50 PM

I have no idea who that is?

Micjones
07-18-2009, 08:57 PM
I have no idea who that is?

Sorry.
He's a character in Eddie Murphy's latest film "Imagine That".
That was the guy's catch phrase throughout the film.

milkman
07-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry.
He's a character in Eddie Murphy's latest film "Imagine That".
That was the guy's catch phrase throughout the film.

Really?

I've been saying that for over 25 years.

Micjones
07-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Really?

I've been saying that for over 25 years.

Yep. He ran that bit all throughout the movie.

Raised On Riots
07-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Yep. He ran that bit all throughout the movie.

People still watch Eddie Murphy?

The Poz
07-30-2009, 02:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4207106&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

NFL fined free agent WR Matt Jones $50,000 for violating the terms of his court-mandated drug program earlier this offseason.
Jones is appealing, but the league's ruling has been settled and he won't be suspended. Jones says he's been in discussions with four teams. Ravens beat writer Aaron Wilson confirmed Thursday that Baltimore has no interest.

Maybe the Chiefs are one of those 4 teams?

Chiefnj2
07-30-2009, 02:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4207106&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

NFL fined free agent WR Matt Jones $50,000 for violating the terms of his court-mandated drug program earlier this offseason.
Jones is appealing, but the league's ruling has been settled and he won't be suspended. Jones says he's been in discussions with four teams. Ravens beat writer Aaron Wilson confirmed Thursday that Baltimore has no interest.

Maybe the Chiefs are one of those 4 teams?

Nope. profootballtalk.com

"Jones said recently, however, that his agent has spoken with the Titans, Bears, Jets, and Cowboys."

The Poz
07-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Nope. profootballtalk.com

"Jones said recently, however, that his agent has spoken with the Titans, Bears, Jets, and Cowboys."

shit

Micjones
07-30-2009, 02:51 PM
People still watch Eddie Murphy?

I did, unfortunately. Took my kid to the movies and that's the one he picked.

Demonpenz
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM

LMAO My friends and I quote that movie all the time

Micjones
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
shit

Haley must really believe he's a miracle worker (in Webb and Darling's case) or a healer (in Bradley's case).

Raised On Riots
07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Haley must really believe he's a miracle worker (in Webb and Darling's case) or a healer (in Bradley's case).

LMAO He'll just give 'em that stare, and BINGO! Everything's cool and TO THE 'SHIP!