PDA

View Full Version : Football Jared Allen calls the Favre Drama "annoying

Farzin
07-18-2009, 10:53 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/18/vikings-allen-favre-drama-is-annoying/

Jared Allen, never one to bite his tongue, recently opened up to the Chicago Tribune about Brett Favreís flirtation with the Vikings. While Allen seems to be in favor of Favre joining his team, he made it clear that heíd like the retired quarterback to make his decision sooner rather than later:

ďIf we get Brett, then thatís a bonus,Ē the All-Pro defensive end said in a phone interview. ďBut letís either get it done and get moving on with it or let it go.
ďItís not so much that itís a distraction because weíre professionals and donít really buy into that. But itís annoying.Ē
Allen also pledged his support for current Vikings QBs Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, whom he said are capable of helping the team attain its goal of reaching the Super Bowl.

Some other stories of note on a Saturday:

The Titans and two-time Pro Bowl DE Kyle Vanden Boschís agent have held preliminary talks on a contract extension. Vanden Bosch is entering the final year of his current contract.
New Bills WR Terrell Owens is excited about the teamís offense, but he said its ability to take advantage of its many weapons will depend on the offensive lineís protection of the quarterback.
Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha said the Raidersí revolving door of coaches has played a huge part in their poor record over the last few years and that he hopes Tom Cableís return can bring some stability.
With Vonnie Holliday out of the picture, second-year Dolphins DE Phillip Merling could see more playing time, especially on passing downs.
The Washington Postís Paul Tenorio takes a closer look at Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon, whom the Redskins selected in the third round of the supplemental draft.

Mecca
07-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Favre is the difference in that team being a bowl contender or nothing so yea.

thurman merman
07-18-2009, 11:10 PM
it is annoying.

grown men who have millions of dollars and drive drunk are also annoying.

KC Tattoo
07-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Bret Fravarfre has been annoying for years

pr_capone
07-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Why do we care what JA has to say about faRve?

J Diddy
07-19-2009, 01:53 AM

This x3

KCChiefsMan
07-19-2009, 02:22 AM
it is annoying

LaChapelle
07-19-2009, 04:27 AM
Favre would really cut into Jared's attention whoring. He'd have to get drunk and wreck his pink caddy for some air time.

Guru
07-19-2009, 04:32 AM
Who the hell is Jared Allen and why do we care? There, I got it out of my system.:D

Scorp
07-19-2009, 06:25 AM
What is annoying is that we traded the best player Kansas City has seen in over a decade.

milkman
07-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Favre is the difference in that team being a bowl contender or nothing so yea.

Farve is most likely the difference between the Vikings season ending with a failed fourth down conversion attempt or a first down interception.

Skip Towne
07-19-2009, 06:36 AM
He'll wait till the last possible moment to announce it. He is the world's champeen attention whore.

KCUnited
07-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Didn't Allen say he was going to put his helmet on favre's spine a few years ago? That gave me a chuckle.

Sure-Oz
07-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Didn't Allen say he was going to put his helmet on favre's spine a few years ago? That gave me a chuckle.

He'll probably take him out in practice and celebrate while the rest of the team is quiet and you hear nothing but crickets....

then the "wanna get away" voice over from SW Airlines will chime in

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 10:59 AM
it is annoying.

grown men who have millions of dollars and drive drunk are also annoying.

I agree. I'm amazed that Jared Allen gets so much attention on this site.

doomy3
07-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Farve is most likely the difference between the Vikings season ending with a failed fourth down conversion attempt or a first down interception.

so yeah.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Favre's media antics may be annoying to say the least, but I do hope he plays this year. Like I said before, I hope the Vikes go 8-8, but Favre beat Green Bay twice and ruins their playoff hopes. Win-win for me, lose-lose for the NFC North.

chiefzilla1501
07-19-2009, 12:08 PM
What is annoying is that we traded the best player Kansas City has seen in over a decade.

Yup.

And all because a douche bag GM tried to hardline a player during a time period where we have for two years in a row been ridiculously below the salary cap.

OnTheWarpath58
07-19-2009, 04:20 PM

*cough*

http://addins.wgem.com/blogs/sports/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dt1.jpg

DeezNutz
07-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Allen would have been a great LB in the 3-4.

LaChapelle
07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Yup.

And all because a douche bag GM tried to hardline a player during a time period where we have for two years in a row been ridiculously below the salary cap.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I get to defend Carl Peterson, awsome. :grr:

Carl is also the douche bag who took a chance on a player with a very troubled past in the 4th round. He came out ahead.

CoMoChief
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Whats he done that's so annoying? It's ESPN and media that are throwing all of this shit in your faces.

So what Brett Favre is working out in MS, he trying to see if he can comeback and play. Is it really any of our business whether we say he can or can't. If you wanted to play and thought you still could, would you?

Granted I see the teams side of this, why drag this thing on and on, if he's gonna play decide now so they can move forward. But then again.....it's the Vikings who want Favre, and he's coming off of an injury that didn't get repaired with surgery like it probably should have.

I dont necessarily think this is Favre's fault. He wants to play and still thinks he can, it just he's not made up his mind and ESPN is taking this story and shoving it down everyone's throats.