PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football So, it's getting to be about that time....

luv
07-19-2009, 06:51 PM
A little over a month away from my FFL draft. I have to decide on my two keepers. I figure my top players are Jacobs, Barber, Ward, A Johnson, TG, and Ryan. I'm thinking Jacobs and Barber or Jacobs and A Johnson. Any opinions? Keep in mind that I pick last in the first round.

Pestilence
07-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Keep Ryan and A Johnson

Pestilence
07-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Oh...and this would be a lot easier if I knew who the other teams were keeping.

luv
07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh...and this would be a lot easier if I knew who the other teams were keeping.

I thought about keeping Ryan, but te RB's and WR's are the real point makers. I think there will be a good enough QB left for me to choose. Plus, I turn around and get the first pick of the second round.

That's why I thought about keeping Jacobs and A Johnson. I'd have a strong RB and a strong WR. I could pick up my QB with my first pick, and then another RB/WR (whichever has the better player available).

Pestilence
07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
If you keep Jacobs.....then I would look at going RB/WR/QB in that order. I'd also be looking at grabbing Aaron Rodgers if you have the chance.

DeezNutz
07-19-2009, 07:34 PM
No way would I keep Jacobs.

Ryan and Johnson. Barber and Johnson would be fine, too. Johnson for sure, though. This much is a no brainer.

luv
07-19-2009, 07:38 PM

Ryan and Johnson. Barber and Johnson would be fine, too. Johnson for sure, though. This much is a no brainer.

Why wouldn't you keep Jacobs? He did quite well for me last year.

Johnson did good, but WR's have to get 100 yds receiving before I get any (10) points for them. He had awesome games, but he had several games under 100 yds.

Thinking about it. I would keep Barber over Jacobs. Barber also usually got me points for receiving (RB's get 5 pts after receiving 50 yds).

Valiant
07-19-2009, 07:39 PM

Not keeping Brandon Jacobs is a no brainer for you?? Over Ryan??

Luv keep Jacobs and Johnson.. You can get an equal talented QB in rounds 2 or 3 if not an upgrade..

luv
07-19-2009, 07:41 PM

Luv keep Jacobs and Johnson.. You can get an equal talented QB in rounds 2 or 3 if not an upgrade..

I was thinking this as well. QB is not THAT important in this league.

Valiant
07-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Why wouldn't you keep Jacobs? He did quite well for me last year.

Johnson did good, but WR's have to get 100 yds receiving before I get any (10) points for them. He had awesome games, but he had several games under 100 yds.

Thinking about it. I would keep Barber over Jacobs. Barber also usually got me points for receiving (RB's get 5 pts after receiving 50 yds).

The only problem I have with Barber as a keeper is the split role in Dallas.. Jacobs does not have Ward behind him anymore so his value skyrockets..

As for the WR's, it is more about consistency for me.. He will/should be top 5 again for WR's..

luv
07-19-2009, 07:44 PM
The only problem I have with Barber as a keeper is the split role in Dallas.. Jacobs does not have Ward behind him anymore so his value skyrockets..

As for the WR's, it is more about consistency for me.. He will/should be top 5 again for WR's..

I gotcha. I didn't know Ward was no longer behind Jacobs. I'm thinking that makes my decision a little easier.

That being said, I do have Ward, too. Where's he at?

Nzoner
07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I gotcha. I didn't know Ward was no longer behind Jacobs. I'm thinking that makes my decision a little easier.

I only wished we had owners like you in our money league :D

Pioli Zombie
07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Kolby Smith. Pick Kolby Smith!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
07-19-2009, 07:53 PM

The Bucs.

My first thought was Ryan and Johnson, but I see the obvious point with Jacobs... it depends a lot on who the other teams are keeping, and where they're drafting. Out of those 3, I'd think you have the best chance at being able to pick Ryan with one of your picks.

luv
07-19-2009, 07:55 PM
I only wished we had owners like you in our money league :D

I won it all last year.

DeezNutz
07-19-2009, 07:56 PM

Keeper League and I'm not worried about an oft-injured back.

I'd keep Barber and Johnson. Depending upon how long she believes she'll be in the league, this would influence my decision on Ryan. Dude is going to be a stud.

Nzoner
07-19-2009, 08:00 PM
I won it all last year.

Wow

Skip Towne
07-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I won it all last year.

Was last year's team picked by other Planet members like you're doing in this thread?

Nzoner
07-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Ahmad Bradshaw is still there though and I think the G-men like what they have in him.Jacobs is for sure the #1 but I can see Bradshaw becoming a vulture at times.

luv
07-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Was last year's team picked by other Planet members like you're doing in this thread?

I'm sorry, where did I ask anyone to do anything other than give me their opinion. Excuse me for not knowing Ward went to the Bucs. Trust me, I'll be ready come time for the draft.

Bearcat
07-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry, where did I ask anyone to do anything other than give me their opinion. Excuse me for not knowing Ward went to the Bucs. Trust me, I'll be ready come time for the draft.

Don't forget the cupcakes.

luv
07-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Wow

Not bad for some chick who knows nothing about football, huh? Also, my draft last year was not very good. I managed my team in a way that the job got one. Mistakes made? Yes.

luv
07-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Don't forget the cupcakes.

It's at 9AM. I'll be making pancakes. Which would you prefer? Chocolate chip, blueberry, or plain?

Bearcat
07-19-2009, 08:21 PM
It's at 9AM. I'll be making pancakes. Which would you prefer? Chocolate chip, blueberry, or plain?

Cupcakes, pancakes... just as long as you're in the kitchen.

Blueberry, please.

Pestilence
07-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I look at it this way. The Falcons have already said that they aren't going to run Turner as much as they did last year. Ryan gets another year of work with Roddy White....and he now has Tony G to throw to as well. That's why I would keep Ryan and Johnson. It's all going to depend on what your league has for scoring when it comes to QBs and RBs.