PDA

View Full Version : Royals The Obama backlash

cmh6476
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I realize the Obama pr machine meticulously debated the jersey he would wear out in Busch stadium last week, so that he wouldn't be booed by the hometown StL crowd. But I'm curious if they realized the backlash from the cross-state hometown Royals fans by wearing that crappy Sox jersey. Do any of you now think less of our President for wearing that crappy White Sox jersey when he threw out the first pitch last week?

Count Zarth
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
This is one of the dumbest threads ever.

orange
07-20-2009, 02:42 PM
cmh6476 - You do know he's from White Sox country, don't you?

Bwana
07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
He could come out in a Raiders Jersey and a Broncos cap and I couldn't think any less of him.

BTW: You may want to post this crap in the DC, that's what it's there for.

cmh6476
07-20-2009, 02:45 PM
He could come out in a Raiders Jersey and a Broncos cap and I couldn't think any less of him.

i figured it would be moved eventually, just figured i'd try and have a little fun.

:)

Frazod
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Would you rather he sucked up and wore a Cardinals jersey? He's from the South Side of Chicago, and he's always been a White Sox fan.

And what does that have to do with the Royals?

:shake:

Halfcan
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM

So he wore his hometown jersey-big fuggin deal. :rolleyes:

cmh6476
07-20-2009, 02:50 PM

you know this kind of tells you something about the state of football versus the state of baseball. People are kinda meh about it here with baseball, maybe it would be different had it been a yanks/ bo sox game and he chose a jersey to wear.

But I have a feeling, if a president were to wear a raiders jersey at a public function, some here might think slightly different about that.

By the way, I did see King Carl present Dick Cheney an Chiefs jersey with Cheney 04 on the back :)

rageeumr
07-20-2009, 02:53 PM
I have more respect for him wearing his team's stuff. The lazy, fake politician thing to do would have been to wear a Cards jersey or a National League jersey.

And for the record, I didn't vote for Obama and I hate the dirty South-siders.

DeezNutz
07-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't give a fuck what jersey the man wore.

But I was deeply disturbed that he threw like a girl. Hope the terrorists didn't see the video of that...

Raised On Riots
07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Congratulations; you have surpassed Chappelle for dumbest poll ever.

Frazod
07-20-2009, 02:58 PM
As a White Sox fan, I know he hates the Cubs. He claims he doesn't, but he's lying. They all do.

Hating the Cubs is a good thing. :thumb:

Demonpenz
his true team has a hammer and sickle on the jersey

cmh6476
I don't give a **** what jersey the man wore.

But I was deeply disturbed that he threw like a girl. Hope the terrorists didn't see the video of that...

yeah, unfortunate timing as well with the moon eclipsing the sun and the focking next world war upon us :shake:

rageeumr
I don't give a **** what jersey the man wore.

At least it wasn't "Mayor of Cincinatti" or "Baba Booey" bad.

Ebolapox
07-20-2009, 03:02 PM

BETTER NOT BRING YO KEEEEEDS!

http://bestof.provocateuse.com/images/photos/dave_chappelle_99.jpg

let's start the show.

Great Expectations
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
http://straightwords.typepad.com/straightwords_ezine/Pitch04.jpeg

cmh6476
07-20-2009, 03:04 PM

this justifies the validity of this debate, thank you :clap:

Raised On Riots

How nice to see ol' dick-eater again...

Ebolapox
As a White Sox fan, I know he hates the Cubs. He claims he doesn't, but he's lying. They all do.

hey fraz, I've always wondered... where does all the cubs hate come from for cards fans? I mean, it's not like the cubs have ever won anything in your lifetime... where is the rivalry? your team has won a few world championships... it's not like the cubs have really been competitive, isn't hating the cubs like hating the retarded younger brother?

that never made any sense to me. I mean, as a chiefs fan, I understand hating the broncos and raiders. they've both won a super bowl in my lifetime. but the cubs haven't won shit. what's there to hate?

Frazod
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
hey fraz, I've always wondered... where does all the cubs hate come from for cards fans? I mean, it's not like the cubs have ever won anything in your lifetime... where is the rivalry? your team has won a few world championships... it's not like the cubs have really been competitive, isn't hating the cubs like hating the retarded younger brother?

that never made any sense to me. I mean, as a chiefs fan, I understand hating the broncos and raiders. they've both won a super bowl in my lifetime. but the cubs haven't won shit. what's there to hate?

For me, it comes from being surrounded by the fuckers every day of my life because I work in Chicago and live in the Chicago area, and God I've learned to hate the Cubs over the 22 years I've been up here. Beyond that, they are our main rivals and despite the fact they haven't won shit for a 100 years they are still obnoxious as hell. Any Cubs/Cards game played in either St. Louis or Chicago will be at least one-third enemy fans.

orange
07-20-2009, 03:15 PM
But I have a feeling, if a president were to wear a raiders jersey at a public function, some here might think slightly different about that.

By the way, I did see King Carl present Dick Cheney an Chiefs jersey with Cheney 04 on the back :)

Dick Cheney wears Raiders gear all the time:

http://kissmeirisharse.com/images/darth_vader_cheney.jpg

Ebolapox
07-20-2009, 03:28 PM
For me, it comes from being surrounded by the fuckers every day of my life because I work in Chicago and live in the Chicago area, and God I've learned to hate the Cubs over the 22 years I've been up here. Beyond that, they are our main rivals and despite the fact they haven't won shit for a 100 years they are still obnoxious as hell. Any Cubs/Cards game played in either St. Louis or Chicago will be at least one-third enemy fans.

see, I kinda get your hate. but overall, makes no sense. all you have to do to shut a cubs fan up is to remind them they haven't won a world series in 100 years or so. ultimate scoreboard.

game, set, match.

Frazod
07-20-2009, 03:32 PM
see, I kinda get your hate. but overall, makes no sense. all you have to do to shut a cubs fan up is to remind them they haven't won a world series in 100 years or so. ultimate scoreboard.

game, set, match.

That only works on the sane ones. For the other 95%, it's like beating on a brick wall.

Most Cub fans = HOOTIE

OnTheWarpath58
07-20-2009, 03:33 PM

game, set, match.

That's why there isn't really hate coming from the STL side - it's more of a playful, rub-your-nose-in-it kind of rivalry.

I don't think Cardinal fans really HATE any other team's fans. Probably the closest was the Mets of the 80's. This city hated the team, the fans, the city, you name it.

Chicago is a rivalry based on geography only - and the fact that 2 of our 3 pro sports teams share a division.

Ebolapox
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
That's why there isn't really hate coming from the STL side - it's more of a playful, rub-your-nose-in-it kind of rivalry.

I don't think Cardinal fans really HATE any other team's fans. Probably the closest was the Mets of the 80's. This city hated the team, the fans, the city, you name it.

Chicago is a rivalry based on geography only - and the fact that 2 of our 3 pro sports teams share a division.

I'd say you were right, but I have a few good pals who are cards fans. they fucking HATE the cubs almost as I hate the broncos/john elway. they literally hate, with a passion, all things cub(s).

OnTheWarpath58
07-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I'd say you were right, but I have a few good pals who are cards fans. they fucking HATE the cubs almost as I hate the broncos/john elway. they literally hate, with a passion, all things cub(s).

Wasted energy.

Ebolapox
07-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Wasted energy.

I agree completely. thus, the question to fraz.

Frazod
07-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Wasted energy.

No it's not. IT'S FUN. :#

alnorth
07-20-2009, 03:41 PM
This thread is just incredibly stupid.

There's no PR or spin here. I'm not a fan of Obama, but he's a huge lifetime White Sox fan. He would have worn it to Wrigley. MLB actually tried to talk him into wearing some neutral All-Star game branded jacket but he insisted on wearing his team's colors, so good for him.

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
I have more respect for him wearing his team's stuff. The lazy, fake politician thing to do would have been to wear a Cards jersey or a National League jersey.I agree. I hate the Sox, but I respect that they are his team. If I was the President, I wouldn't stop being a Royals/Chiefs/Mizzou fan.

Nzoner
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM

Went to Vanity Fair yesterday in Nebraska City and you shoulda seen the Cubs gear they had,I got a button up jersey,a hoodie sweatshirt and 2 shirts all for $80 :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm not a Cubs fan but Cardinals fans I know make me root for them. Insufferable bastards all of 'em. My favorite thing is how convinced they are that they are the greatest fans in the world. Cardinal fans are the kings of self absorbed sports fans.

And kudos to Gobama for wearing his favorite teams jacket, even though I hate the Sux with the fire of 1000 hells.

CoMoChief
07-20-2009, 04:06 PM

ROFL

This post made me laugh considering some of the bullshit you've posted throughout the years.

But yes.....stupid thread.

Nzoner
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM
For me, it comes from being surrounded by the ****ers every day of my life because I work in Chicago and live in the Chicago area, and God I've learned to hate the Cubs over the 22 years I've been up here. Beyond that, they are our main rivals and despite the fact they haven't won shit for a 100 years they are still obnoxious as hell. Any Cubs/Cards game played in either St. Louis or Chicago will be at least one-third enemy fans.

See,this is why I hate the Cardinals(and yes I used to like them),I was surrounded by their fans at college and all I ever heard was you seriously cheer for that minor league club in Kansas City.It was non-stop shit for 2 years,so I figured fock it I'll become a Cubs fan 2nd.

My only regret is that I wasn't at college in '85 when KC beat those pricks head to head

CoMoChief
07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
He should have worn a "Revive '85" shirt.

TEX
07-20-2009, 04:58 PM
If there is a backlash, Obama will find a way to tax it...

acesn8s
07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Let's see his ass wear that shit here in 2012.

Frazod
07-20-2009, 05:48 PM
See,this is why I hate the Cardinals(and yes I used to like them),I was surrounded by their fans at college and all I ever heard was you seriously cheer for that minor league club in Kansas City.It was non-stop shit for 2 years,so I figured fock it I'll become a Cubs fan 2nd.

My only regret is that I wasn't at college in '85 when KC beat those pricks head to head

So, because Cardinal fans mocked you for rooting for a bad team, you sought revenge by rooting for a team that's even worse? That's like getting over on the dude who just kicked your ass by jumping in front of a moving bus. LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
07-20-2009, 05:51 PM
So, because Cardinal fans mocked you for rooting for a bad team, you sought revenge by rooting for a team that's even worse? That's like getting over on the dude who just kicked your ass by jumping in front of a moving bus. LMAO

We're apparently not doing enough on the football side - how have we not mocked Raider fans into becoming Lions fans?

Valiant
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I cannot stand Obama and his policies, but this thread is retarded.. He did nothing wrong wearing his favorites teams jersey..

kcfanXIII
07-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Would you rather he sucked up and wore a Cardinals jersey? He's from the South Side of Chicago, and he's always been a White Sox fan.

And what does that have to do with the Royals?

:shake:

if he's from chicago, why is his birth certificate from hawaii?

Raised On Riots
07-20-2009, 07:57 PM
if he's from chicago, why is his birth certificate from hawaii?

Oh my dear fucking lord; you ever hear of moving from one place to another?!

Nzoner
07-21-2009, 03:31 PM

It doesn't bother me,hell someone has to root for the losers.I will tell you that once I made a trip to Wrigley for the 1st ever inter-league season(they played the Royals) I was hooked with the Cubbies.I love that ballpark,it's fans and just the history as a whole.

They may never get it done but hey being a Chiefs and Royals fan is no bed of roses either.

cmh6476
07-21-2009, 03:46 PM
It doesn't bother me,hell someone has to root for the losers.I will tell you that once I made a trip to Wrigley for the 1st ever inter-league season(they played the Royals) I was hooked with the Cubbies.I love that ballpark,it's fans and just the history as a whole.

They may never get it done but hey being a Chiefs and Royals fan is no bed of roses either.

I enjoyed it because people are there to watch and enjoy baseball. People come to Kauffman for the beer, the hotdogs, the fireworks, now the fan experience, oh and hey the Royals are playing too. I wish we had a reason to come to our ballpark and enjoy baseball.

CrazyPhuD
07-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Wait.....Obama's president?? WTH....why didn't anyone tell me! :cuss:

mckinger
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Does the fact that Chairman Obama is a progressive statist who hates capitalism and small business owners have anything to do with the Chi Sox......

Tiger's Fan
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM

game, set, match.

Similar to the KU vs. MU debate.

Tiger's Fan
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Let's see his ass wear that shit here in 2012.

He'll be able to wear whatever he wants as a lame duck president.

StcChief
07-21-2009, 09:22 PM
He'll be able to wear whatever he wants as a lame duck president.fastly approaching that state.

Valiant
07-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Similar to the KU vs. MU debate.

I guess if you find basketball enjoyable..

Frazod
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I guess if you find basketball enjoyable..

When it's all you've got, apparently it's important.

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 10:09 PM
All Royals threads belong in the Washington DC forum :clap:

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 10:12 PM

Reared on Ritalin

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm sure the thought of some idiot Beaker from Kansas not approving of him makes the President lose much sleep at night.

Get the fuck over yourselves, you whiny, fucking brats.

DeezNutz
07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably knowing I threw like a bitch.

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably knowing I threw like a bitch.

How do we know you don't throw like a bitch?:D

DeezNutz
07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
How do we know you don't throw like a bitch?:D

You don't, but I do, and I suppose that's enough.

We all have to be honestly introspective about our potential bitchness, and, as I feel my nutsack resting comfortably on the chair beneath me, I'm cool with things.

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 11:34 PM
You don't, but I do, and I suppose that's enough.

We all have to be honestly introspective about our potential bitchness, and, as I feel my nutsack resting comfortably on the chair beneath me, I'm cool with things.

LMAO Agreed.

|Zach|
07-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Bump for hilarity.

KCChiefsMan
07-23-2009, 02:25 PM
we all know that president's can't be a fan of sports! OMG Obama likes sportz, badz prezidentz

TEX
07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Obama is such a tool...