PDA

View Full Version : Football Roethlisberger listed as defendant in lawsuit

BigRichard
07-21-2009, 07:15 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/07/21/roethlisberger.ap/index.html

RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been named as a defendant in a lawsuit filed by a woman in Nevada.

According to online court records, a defamation lawsuit was filed in Washoe County on Friday. Andrea McNulty is listed as the plaintiff.

Details of the suit were not available late Monday night. Roethlisberger was one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report.

Roethlisberger's attorney released a statement to several media outlets Monday night saying the two-time Super Bowl winner was accused of sexual assault in the lawsuit by McNulty. Atlanta-based attorney David Cornwell denied Roethlisberger sexually assaulted McNulty.

"This weekend Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," Cornwell said.

A phone message and e-mail from the AP to Cornwell were not immediately returned.

Attorney Calvin R. Dunlap, of Reno, filed the suit, according to court documents. A telephone message left for him was not immediately returned.

Mile High Mania
07-21-2009, 07:19 AM
One of the pains of being a big name star... wonder where and at what time of day this all took place. Not that it matters for the most part, the guy should be free to do what he likes... but, you have to watch where you go and who you're around.

Crashride
07-21-2009, 07:58 AM
One of the pains of being a big name star... wonder where and at what time of day this all took place. Not that it matters for the most part, the guy should be free to do what he likes... but, you have to watch where you go and who you're around.

Winner.

Garcia Bronco
07-21-2009, 08:01 AM

It's impossible. We have so many lazy shits in this country looking for a handout that there is no reason to even bother. Just pay a retainer fee and always have someone on the clock.

Crashride
07-21-2009, 08:04 AM
It's impossible. We have so many lazy shits in this country looking for a handout that there is no reason to even bother. Just pay a retainer fee and always have someone on the clock.

Is that how the broncos stay out of trouble? :)

Skip Towne
07-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Nine of them assaulted her and she didn't call the cops? Yeah, right.

Garcia Bronco
07-21-2009, 08:18 AM

The probably whistled at her and her sensible self was offedned once she found out who they were and realized she could get paid. Of course analysis of her britches will probably find 12 different semen donors.

Garcia Bronco
07-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Is that how the broncos stay out of trouble? :)

It's SOP

rageeumr
07-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty.

I find this line somewhat amusing.

MVChiefFan
07-21-2009, 08:28 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/07/21/roethlisberger.ap/index.html
"This weekend Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," Cornwell said.

ROFL For some reason, this made me laugh.

the Talking Can
07-21-2009, 08:29 AM

me too

translated:

"and if he did assault someone, it sure as hell wouldn't be her..."

MVChiefFan

Dang...beat me to it. :D

Chiefnj2

Rumor has it that the others named in the suit are employees of the hotel where the alleged assault took place. Not necessarily that they assaulted her themselves but perhaps helped in a cover up or something like that. I haven't read of specifics yet.

rageeumr
07-21-2009, 08:31 AM
me too

translated:

"and if he did assault someone, it sure as hell wouldn't be her..."

She must be an uggo.

ChiTown
07-21-2009, 09:08 AM
http://www.postchronicle.com/images/articles/mcnulty.jpg

Would ya? Ben might have.....

BWillie
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Most civil suits put forward against athletes I just don't believe. Some of them may be true, but I bet the vast majority of them are not. Just an easy way for them to get a buck

Chiefnj2
07-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Details of the alleged rape are up at pft.com.

Note to self, if Ben ever asks me come in and fix his television send gochiefs instead.

thebrad84
07-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Details of the alleged rape are up at pft.com.

Note to self, if Ben ever asks me come in and fix his television send gochiefs instead.

Good to know that purefruittechnologies.com is on top of the story, however I could not find it on their website. Their Mangoxan does look quite tasty though.

Pioli Zombie
07-21-2009, 01:14 PM
I love how people talk like they know if he's guilty or innocent. Because he's rich it MUST be frivolous. Or he's a rapist.
We don't know shit either way. And we don't know anything about these people just because they are celebrities.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCtotheSB
07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/21/source-espn-issues-do-not-report-alert-on-roethlisberger-story/

Interesting tidbit about ESPN not reporting the story when it broke....for whatever reason.

KCChiefsMan
07-21-2009, 01:28 PM
stupid bitch just looking for a settlement, god bless america

Pioli Zombie
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM
The more I think of it the funnier that attorneys comments are.

I haven't molested any underage child, certainly not THAT one....

Yeah, its not a good way to defend ANYTHING.

I didn't kill anyone, certainly not him!
Posted via Mobile Device

KCtotheSB
07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
If I were a famous pro athlete, I'd probably just lock myself in my mansion 24/7 until the season rolled around again.

CoMoChief
07-21-2009, 01:43 PM

But but but but, women are scared to call the authorities.

CoMoChief
07-21-2009, 01:43 PM
If I were a famous pro athlete, I'd probably just lock myself in my mansion 24/7 until the season rolled around again.

Not me, I'd spend my free time out in the bahamas somewhere, fishing and having a great time in the sun.

Short Leash Hootie
07-21-2009, 01:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...roethlisberger/

We've finally obtained a full and complete and reliable copy of the complaint filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Nevada.

The complaint contains very specific allegations, which either helps prove that the event actually occurred -- or which demonstrates that the plaintiff, Andrea McNulty, has a very active imagination.

McNulty, who says in the complaint that she has worked at Harrah's since March 2003, alleges that she was assigned to serve a concierge-style function on the Penthouse floor of the hotel during the 2008 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

McNulty alleges that, on July 10, she and Roethlisberger had a conversation about fly fishing, and that they talked about the fact that McNulty is an avid fly fisherman. (Though, on the surface, the exchange isn't relevant, the contention -- if true -- shows that there was at least a minor relationship between McNulty and Roethlisberger prior to the incident.)

As to the incident itself, it allegedly occurred on Friday, July 11. McNulty claims that, at approximately 10:00 p.m. local time, Roethlisberger returned to his room with a young woman, who left roughly 20 minutes later.

McNulty says that Roethlisberger walked the woman to the elevator, and that Roethlisberger then stopped to talk to McNulty and other staff, for roughly 20 minutes. (Obviously, it'll be critical to determine who these other staff members are, and what they have to say.)

As he was leaving, Roethlisberger allegedly told McNulty that the sound system on his television wasn't working. She offered to have someone from engineering fix it, but Roethlisberger said he would call her about it later.

Roethlisberger allegedly called her a few minutes later, and he said that the television was still broken. She offered to have someone go to the room and fix it. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims that she tried to call a couple of other colleagues to handle the situation, but that she couldn't reach anyone. She alleges that Roethlisberger called again and asked her when she was going to fix the television.

Citing a direction from management to ensure that Roethlisberger had an enjoyable trip, she decided to try to fix it herself.

McNulty claims that, when she arrived at the room, he was wearing a T-shirt and athletic shorts. She adds, for no apparent reason other than to show the clarity of her recollection, that the room was a mess.

Roethlisberger showed her the television that was malfunctioning, located in suite's bedroom. Using the remote, she determined that there was no problem with the television or the sound system.

She claims that, as she tried to leave the room, Roethlisberger blocked her path, and that he "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

She claims that she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

McNulty admits that she didn't try to fight Roethlisberger, citing his size and strength. She claims that she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," and that he nevertheless began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

She claims that he pushed her onto the bed, and despite her alleged protests he "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she told him, "You don't want to do this." She also claims that she said, "Please don't," and that she told him she was not on any type of birth control.

She claims that he said in response, "Don't worry, I'll pull out," which he ultimately did.

At that point, he allowed her to get off the bed. McNulty claims that she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together." When she emerged, she claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"

She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty alleges that he then seem worried, and that his tone became "stern."

"If anyone asks you, you fixed my television," he allegedly said. "You fixed my television. Now go!"

We'll be posting separately the allegations relating to the coworkers at Harrah's, most of which are based on conduct occurring after the alleged assault.

Again, these are only allegations in a civil complaint. There is, to our knowledge, no criminal complaint or investigation, and Roethlisberger through lawyer David Cornwell has strongly denied the contention.

Still, if the allegations set forth above are true, and if sufficient evidence can be compiled to prove that, then this thing could get very ugly for Roethlisberger

orange
07-21-2009, 02:06 PM
She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

We should be seeing something soon, one way or the other. Don't you think?

Ebolapox
07-21-2009, 02:06 PM
did he PIIHB?

dirk digler
07-21-2009, 02:08 PM
This woman is just another gold digger looking for quick cash.

ChiTown
07-21-2009, 02:10 PM
did he PIIHB?

Did they check Big Ben's Little Ben for poo on the tip?

Ebolapox
07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Did they check Big Ben's Little Ben for poo on the tip?

who knows. did the chica go ATM?

ChiTown
07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
who knows. did the chica go ATM?

probably need to swab her mouth..........

Garcia Bronco
07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
If she was raped then why isn't there a police report?

Buck
07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't put it past anybody to do this. Alcohol fucks you up.

Chocolate Hog
07-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Now you know why Larry Johnson is hard on hoes. This women should be put in jail for making shit up

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
If quilty, others will be stepping forward.

KCtotheSB
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
If quilty, others will be stepping forward.

That'd be pretty sheety for Roethlisberger.

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
I have no problems believing either way. Scamming an athlete for money, or an athlete thinking they're above the law. We've seem plenty of both.

orange
07-21-2009, 02:41 PM

No, only BR is accused of the assault. The others are hotel employees accused of covering it up and defaming her.

The actual complaint: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212009/roethlisberger_complaint.pdf

Donger
07-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Let me get this straight:

1) It happened one year ago?

2) She did not go to the police?

3) Her lawsuit demands $390,000.00?

Chocolate Hog
07-21-2009, 02:44 PM

Guess she didn't make any money of the Nigeria e-mail scam

stumppy
07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
I have no problems believing either way. Scamming an athlete for money, or an athlete thinking they're above the law. We've seem plenty of both.

Same here. Maybe she is trying to scam some cash. Then again, maybe he was drunk and did it.

I just love the way some people know right away she's just trying to scam him.

MVChiefFan
07-21-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't know whether he did it or not. I just don't understand how you're more concerned with letting him know you're not on the pill than you are with yanking his d*** off and screaming bloody murder.

Skip Towne
07-21-2009, 02:57 PM
His grandma said he's a good boy and he ddn't do it.

bandwagonjumper
07-21-2009, 02:58 PM
I know I'm in the minority here but I always give the women the benefit of doubt. I remember the Kobe Bryant case but I also remember the Duke rape case. It could go either way. Right now we don't know but she pains a convincing picture.

Pioli Zombie
07-21-2009, 03:09 PM

How in fuck do YOU know? Like I said, none of us geniuses knows one way or another he's guilty or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

bogey
07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
If Michael Jackson was an athlete, he'd likely be getting the same support as Ben.

Donger
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F4W0R1Zr_8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F4W0R1Zr_8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Garcia Bronco
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
BR says he wasn't even in Vegas that day.

orange
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM

Read the complaint. There's a lot more alleged. The Hotel is in just as much trouble as Roethlisberger if this bears out.

And her lawsuit is for more than $390,000. She cites $380,000 in medical bills plus $30,000 in lost wages, then lists various infractions causing "an amount in excess of $10,000" each. Probably punitive damages as well.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212009/roethlisberger_complaint.pdf

Skip Towne
07-21-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm pretty sure he fucked me too. Yep, he did. I'm sure of it.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 03:58 PM

If her allegations are true, she had everything she needed to go to the police right away - she claims that Roethlisberger "pulled out."

How difficult would it have been to walk right out of the room and file a police report, be given a "physical" and prove it easily?

Instead, she waits a year to file a suit.

I also find it hard to believe that a hotel would allow cameras in suites. Hallways? Sure. Rooms and suites? No fucking way.

I'm calling golddigger.

KC Dan
07-21-2009, 04:00 PM
my take:

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not so quick to assume that every woman who files suit against an athlete is gold-digging whore.

Kobe didn't rape that chick but he certainly had sex with her.

Shaq cheated on his wife numerous times and was lucky he didn't get accused of rape. Athletes cheat all the time.

Something tells me this one isn't fake. For Steelers organization and Ben's career, I hope I'm wrong.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not so quick to assume that every woman who files suit against an athlete is gold-digging whore.

Kobe didn't rape that chick but he certainly had sex with her.

Shaq cheated on his wife numerous times and was lucky he didn't get accused of rape. Athletes cheat all the time.

Something tells me this one isn't fake. For Steelers organization and Ben's career, I hope I'm wrong.

Hold on.

I wouldn't be shocked if Roethlisberger DID actually have sex with her.

However, I would be shocked if it was done against her will.

Again, there are too many reasons to think otherwise.

Why wait a year? You're only making it harder to prove, especially when you have everything you need from a DNA standpoint to report it right away.

Plus, she's flat out lying about there being cameras in the room.

Sounds like she spent the last year trying to come up with a believable story, if you ask me.

KCChiefsMan
07-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I think some really really really good looking guy should go target some rich spoiled college girl, have sex with her. Then right after sex he should drug himself a bit and then the next day claim that she raped him by drugging him up. Then get a settlement from her parents, then right after that he should come clean just to prove a point. Say "see, this is what women do to men all of the time and it worked! I got paid"

Ebolapox
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I think some really really really good looking guy should go target some rich spoiled college girl, have sex with her. Then right after sex he should drug himself a bit and then the next day claim that she raped him by drugging him up. Then get a settlement from her parents, then right after that he should come clean just to prove a point. Say "see, this is what women do to men all of the time and it worked! I got paid"

while that may be entertaining, and I'm not defending women golddigging men, this post makes me long for the day that paul invents a girl robot.

KCChiefsMan
07-21-2009, 04:28 PM
while that may be entertaining, and I'm not defending women golddigging men, this post makes me long for the day that paul invents a girl robot.

glad to see that you will never forget my classic idea of a girl robot. But some guy should do that, just to prove a point, not to profit.

Ebolapox
07-21-2009, 04:36 PM
glad to see that you will never forget my classic idea of a girl robot. But some guy should do that, just to prove a point, not to profit.

what? make a girl robot, or roofie himself to get over on a hot rich chick? cause both are great ideas.

KCUnited
07-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Hold on.

Why wait a year? You're only making it harder to prove, especially when you have everything you need from a DNA standpoint to report it right away.

Sounds like she spent the last year trying to come up with a believable story, if you ask me.
Or extort him with the camera story.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Hold on.

Did you read the complaint? Especially from 89 on? If not, you need to read it before coming to any conclusions about "why".

In short, she told the Head of Security, who reported it to no one. He did no follow up. The defendant fell into a heavy depression shortly thereafter and had to be admitted to a hospital for dehydration and depression. Read it thoroughly for the facts as to "why".

Personally, that doesn't sound like someone who's a "gold-digger".

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Did you read the complaint? Especially from 89 on? If not, you need to read it before coming to any conclusions about "why".

In short, she told the Head of Security, who reported it to no one. He did no follow up. The defendant fell into a heavy depression shortly thereafter and had to be admitted to a hospital for dehydration and depression. Read it thoroughly for the facts as to "why".

Personally, that doesn't sound like someone who's a "gold-digger".

I read the entire thing.

I'm sorry, but having worked in the Casino business for many years, anyone with half a brain knows you report something like that to the POLICE, not to the Chief of Security.

And doing so the DAY AFTER?

Christ, she "allegedly" had Rothlisberger's fucking jizz on her stomach. How hard would it have been to drive to the GD police station and/or hospital, be given a full physical and prove this incident actually happened?

If I'm a woman that's sexually assaulted and he leaves evidence on my fucking body, the next stop I'm making is the police station.

Instead, she NEVER reports the incident to police, only to hotel security.

Like I said before, it wouldn't shock me in the least if he actually did have sex with her, but I'm seriously doubting that it happened without her consent.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I read the entire thing.

I'm sorry, but having worked in the Casino business for many years, anyone with half a brain knows you report something like that to the POLICE, not to the Chief of Security.

And doing so the DAY AFTER?

Christ, she "allegedly" had Rothlisberger's fucking jizz on her stomach. How hard would it have been to drive to the GD police station and/or hospital, be given a full physical and prove this incident actually happened?

If I'm a woman that's sexually assaulted and he leaves evidence on my fucking body, the next stop I'm making is the police station.

Instead, she NEVER reports the incident to police, only to hotel security.

Like I said before, it wouldn't shock me in the least if he actually did have sex with her, but I'm seriously doubting that it happened without her consent.

Well, we'll see.

I find it odd that she was able to rise quickly through the ranks of the hotel business to V.P., yet she failed to file a police report.

But, rape victims often do weird things. I think it screws women up pretty badly, so I'm pretty much unwilling to place any blame at this point, especially on the victim.

That's up to the courts and quite frankly, I'm fucking sick of people being tried in the "Court of Public Opinion".

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
This reminds me of a post in the Steve McNair thread. Where someone posted they knew him, and he was a totally different person when he drank. Mr outstanding athlete sober.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, we'll see.

I find it odd that she was able to rise quickly through the ranks of the hotel business to V.P., yet she failed to file a police report.

But, rape victims often do weird things. I think it screws women up pretty badly, so I'm pretty much unwilling to place any blame at this point, especially on the victim.

That's up to the courts and quite frankly, I'm fucking sick of people being tried in the "Court of Public Opinion".

Fair enough, but I'm fucking sick of athletes and entertainers reputations being drug through the mud over money.

Even if he's found innocent, this accusation will follow Roehtlisberger his entire life, and for what? So some bitch could try to make a few bucks by defaming him?

Ask the guys in the Duke Lacrosse case how normal their lives are now, even after the truth came out.

stumppy
07-21-2009, 05:18 PM
[quote=OnTheWarpath58;5915306]
If I'm a woman that's sexually assaulted and he leaves evidence on my ****ing body, the next stop I'm making is the police station.

quote]

See, that's the thing. You're not a woman. You have never and will never be put in this situation.
Everybody knows the way they think about things is a hell of a lot different than men do.

Not saying I know what the truth is but I'm willing to wait for more information before making a snap judgment about the validity of his and her claims.

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Let's say you're a 125lb. bellboy and you're overpowered and raped. How quick do you report it to the police?

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Fair enough, but I'm fucking sick of athletes and entertainers reputations being drug through the mud over money.

Even if he's found innocent, this accusation will follow Roehtlisberger his entire life, and for what? So some bitch could try to make a few bucks by defaming him?

Ask the guys in the Duke Lacrosse case how normal their lives are now, even after the truth came out.

Well, each and every case is different.

I'm not "sad" that Kobe's name was "drug through the mud" because while I'm a fan of the Lakers, I'm no longer a fan of Kobe.

Conversely to your point, I'm sick of these athletes being treated like fucking gods because of their athletic ability and feel that the law should apply to them, instead of being a "roadblock" to getting them back on the field.

And it's not just nationwide athletes. "Looking the other way" is a national pastime to law enforcement of college towns. Do you read SI? Did you read the story of Jeff Komlo? That fucking guy was treated like a king for 20 years after he played at Delaware.

Delaware!

Fuck 'em if they're guilty.

orange
07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Let's say you're a 125lb. bellboy and you're overpowered and raped. How quick do you report it to the police?

Or say you're a female hotel worker familiar with the Kobe Bryant case. How seriously are you going to think your charges against a famous athlete will be taken?

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:24 PM
See, that's the thing. You're not a woman. You have never and will never be put in this situation.
Everybody knows the way they think about things is a hell of a lot different than men do.

Not saying I know what the truth is but I'm willing to wait for more information before making a snap judgment about the validity of his and her claims.

If you'd read, I'm not claiming I know exactly what happened either, only what the circumstances lead me to believe.

There is only one piece of evidence that even remotely suggests that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted this woman, and that is the "word" of said victim.

Everything else points to her being FOS.

Not contacting the police, just assuming someone else would.

Waiting a day to contact ANYONE.

Lying about the "cameras" in the room.

Waiting an entire YEAR to file suit.

If it actually happened, she had the ability to make it an open and shut case by reporting it to police and being given a physical.

Instead, she waited a year and it's now a "he said, she said" case, and she really doesn't have a leg to stand on, IMO. She has to PROVE it, and she pissed away her chance to do so a year ago.

KC Tattoo
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
so how big of an affect will this have on Big Ben & the Steelers? Is he going to miss any practice or games cuz of court? I think he is innocent but this has to be a devastating thing to go through at the start of a new season.

orange
07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
so how big of an affect will this have on Big Ben & the Steelers? Is he going to miss any practice or games cuz of court? I think he is innocent but this has to be a devastating thing to go through at the start of a new season.

It will probably be months before this ever goes to court - maybe even after the season.

The next thing to see will be the responses by Roethlisberger and the other defendants.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I find it hard to believe that a woman would fall into a massive depression and need psychiatric and physical hospitalization because she had consensual sex with Rothlisberger.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Well, each and every case is different.

I'm not "sad" that Kobe's name was "drug through the mud" because while I'm a fan of the Lakers, I'm no longer a fan of Kobe.

Conversely to your point, I'm sick of these athletes being treated like fucking gods because of their athletic ability and feel that the law should apply to them, instead of being a "roadblock" to getting them back on the field.

And it's not just nationwide athletes. "Looking the other way" is a national pastime to law enforcement of college towns. Do you read SI? Did you read the story of Jeff Komlo? That fucking guy was treated like a king for 20 years after he played at Delaware.

Delaware!

Fuck 'em if they're guilty.

If they are guilty, I agree 100%

Kobe's reputation was fucked regardless because he was married.

There is a huge difference, however, in a single Ben Roethlisberger getting some consensual strange and being accused of rape.

I'm don't want to see things get "covered up" if it actually happened, but thus far the only person suggesting it is the person that waited a year to bring her case.

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Being seen as a golddigger or seen as damaged goods is a walk in the park.

Short Leash Hootie
I have a feeling that...if BR was black...people's opinions would be way different.

OnTheWarpath58
I find it hard to believe that a woman would fall into a massive depression and need psychiatric and physical hospitalization because she had consensual sex with Rothlisberger.

So that's your case, counselor?

She was depressed and needed hospitalization, therefore she was absolutely sexually assaulted by one Mr. Ben Roethlisberger.

Case dismissed.

rockymtnchief
07-21-2009, 05:35 PM

It happened with Claythan!:D

I'm with Dane on this one. We have only the tip of the iceberg to judge by. I'll wait to see what involvement her co-workers played in this.

BTW...The "cameras in the room". I read it differently than others. When I read it, I took it that she said it because she was scared and figured he'd let her go knowing that the eye-in the-sky was watching. It will be interesting to hear why she said it.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I have a feeling that...if BR was black...people's opinions would be way different.

God, you're a fucking retard.

rockymtnchief
07-21-2009, 05:36 PM

Not mine. I sure thought Kennedy was guilty. He's as honky as they get.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
So that's your case, counselor?

She was depressed and needed hospitalization, therefore she was absolutely sexually assaulted by one Mr. Ben Roethlisberger.

Case dismissed.

Uh, wow.

You're really asking for it.

:D

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:38 PM
God, you're a fucking retard.

For once, I completely agree with Hootie.

Are you telling me that if this was Michael Vick (pre-dog case) that people wouldn't automatically assume he was guilty?

Short Leash Hootie
07-21-2009, 05:39 PM
God, you're a ****ing retard.

You don't agree with that?

Most people are assuming Roethlisberger is innocent and the girl is a gold digging whore.

If this were a black athlete, what do you think the majority opinion would be?

It's fact.

Shit, Kobe's case was ALL OVER the place...ESPN wasn't even reporting this earlier...

The public doesn't want to believe a good ol' boy respectable white QB could commit such a heinous crime.

So...fuck yourself buddy.

orange
07-21-2009, 05:39 PM
It happened with Claythan!:D

I'm with Dane on this one. We have only the tip of the iceberg to judge by. I'll wait to see what involvement her co-workers played in this.

BTW...The "cameras in the room". I read it differently than others. When I read it, I took it that she said it because she was scared and figured he'd let her go knowing that the eye-in the-sky was watching. It will be interesting to hear why she said it.

It's "cameras ON the room." As in watching the door.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
For once, I completely agree with Hootie.

Are you telling me that if this was Michael Vick (pre-dog case) that people wouldn't automatically assume he was guilty?

Well, fucking racists would.

I however, would not if the circumstances were exactly the same.

rockymtnchief
07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
It's "cameras ON the room." As in watching the door.

Thanks. That's what I meant. I had eye-IN-the-sky running through my head.

My bad.

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 05:44 PM
If she was just raped, being scared for her life is a reasonable fear, IMO. "The camera knows I went in your room."

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Uh, wow.

You're really asking for it.

:D

I'm more interested in determining how a person that allegedly had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized repeatedly for depression and anxiety could remember vivid details of events/quotes that occurred after the alleged assault, over a YEAR AGO.

Short Leash Hootie
Well, ****ing racists would.

Well, if you don't think racism isn't still extremely prevalent in sports, you're one naive son of a gun.

Me...I don't give a shit.

I just think it's funny that, on both sports boards I belong to, everyone has pretty much ruled out BR being guilty and have pretty much all agreed that the girl is just another gold digging whore looking for an easy payday...

But every time one of those tatted up, dreadlock wearin' black dudes is cited for something...he's guilty until proven innocent.

and if you disagree with that than I don't know what to tell you.

DaneMcCloud
Well, fucking racists would.

Come on, Dude.

Besides the fact that racism runs rampant in the United States, it's much easier for people to believe that a black athlete would commit such a crime than a white athlete.

For example, are you telling us that the country believed that Mike Tyson, Mike Vick, O.J., Rae Carruth and Ray Lewis to be innocent before proven guilty?

I don't.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm more interested in determining how a person that allegedly had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized repeatedly for depression and anxiety could remember vivid details of events/quotes that occurred after the alleged assault, over a YEAR AGO.

Well, I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible to forget.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Come on, Dude.

Besides the fact that racism runs rampant in the United States, it's much easier for people to believe that a black athlete would commit such a crime than a white athlete.

For example, are you telling us that the country believed that Mike Tyson, Mike Vick, O.J., Rae Carruth and Ray Lewis to be innocent before proven guilty?

I don't.

The country?

Hell no, because we're a country full of racist motherfuckers.

I'm looking at this from a strictly legal perspective. She has no evidence other than her word. And I'd feel the same way if it were Branden Albert being accused.

Her word along isn't going to get her far, IMO, and screams golddigger - whether you like it or not.

Dicky McElephant
07-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Considering that I've been charged with it.....I have a tendency to side with Big Ben on this one.

She didn't file a police report.
She waited a year to do anything about it.

That has suspicious activity written ALL OVER IT.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
The country?

Hell no, because we're a country full of racist motherfuckers.

I'm looking at this from a strictly legal perspective. She has no evidence other than her word. And I'd feel the same way if it were Branden Albert being accused.

Her word along isn't going to get her far, IMO, and screams golddigger - whether you like it or not.

If she was a "gold digger", why wouldn't she be asking for more money?

JFC.

I guess all celebrities, athletes or entertainers, having fucking Carte Blance in this country.

Unbelievable.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible to forget.

The alleged assault itself?

I agree.

Being diagnosed with PTSD and remembering much that happened after?

Seems to me she was living in a fog, thoughts unclear.

How she can remember EXACTLY was was said in the days/weeks/months after, to the point of quoting co-workers in the lawsuit is a bit unsettling to me.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:52 PM

Because she's fucking stupid.

Exhibit A:

Never contacting the police.

Exhibit B:

Waiting a year to file a suit.

Dicky McElephant
07-21-2009, 05:52 PM

JFC.

I guess all celebrities, athletes or entertainers, having fucking Carte Blance in this country.

Unbelievable.

Maybe because she thinks that if she asks for more money....it will look unbelieveable.

If someone is suing for a direct amount that isn't outlandish...it looks more believable than if someone comes out and says that they want $10 million dollars.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:53 PM
The alleged assault itself?

I agree.

Being diagnosed with PTSD and remembering much that happened after?

Seems to me she was living in a fog, thoughts unclear.

How she can remember EXACTLY was was said in the days/weeks/months after, to the point of quoting co-workers in the lawsuit is a bit unsettling to me.

Well Dude, I guess I have a little more sympathy towards alleged rape victims than you.

Especially a woman who rose through the ranks of the hotel business and isn't a 19 year-old, blond bimbo.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Maybe because she thinks that if she asks for more money....it will look unbelieveable.

If someone is suing for a direct amount that isn't outlandish...it looks more believable than if someone comes out and says that they want $10 million dollars.

Yeah, but then why sue at all if money is really the issue?

The lawyer is going to take a substantial amount of that sum (if not half) and she'll have to pay taxes on the rest.

So, do you really think it's worth it to this lady, who was the VP of this hotel, to sue for basically what amounts to $95,000 dollars?

That sounds rather odd to me.

Maybe she's a whacko. Maybe she's not. But I'm not going to judge her as a "gold digger" at this point in time.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:54 PM

JFC.

Unbelievable.

Dude, where have I said that?

If there was any actual evidence that this actually happened other than her word, I'd be more than willing to consider it.

In no way, shape or form do I think that athletes are "above the law".

To this point, in this case, however, there is NO evidence that the law was broken, except for the word of a woman who is making the claim a YEAR LATER - who never contacted the police.

Dicky McElephant
07-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, but then why sue at all if money is really the issue?

The lawyer is going to take a substantial amount of that sum (if not half) and she'll have to pay taxes on the rest.

So, do you really think it's worth it to this lady, who was the VP of this hotel, to sue for basically what amounts to $95,000 dollars?

Then why the fuck didn't she sue after it actually happened? It just seems fishy to me. Maybe I'm biased because this stupid shit has happened to me.

LaChapelle
07-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Is there a statute of limitations on accusing someone? got a year to shit or get off the pot?

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Then why the fuck didn't she sue after it actually happened? It just seems fishy to me. Maybe I'm biased because this stupid shit has happened to me.

Did you read the complaint? She was threatened with her job. She subsequently lost a ton of weight and had to be admitted to a hospital shortly thereafter for dehydration and depression. She was in an out of hospitals for nearly a year afterwards.

Maybe, just maybe, she was too busy trying to survive the trauma of this rape to file a police report.

I don't know.

But I'm not about to give Rothlisberger a "Pass" because he's an NFL QB.

PS - Sorry to hear that this shit unfairly happened to you.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Well Dude, I guess I have a little more sympathy towards alleged rape victims than you.

Especially a woman who rose through the ranks of the hotel business and isn't a 19 year-old, blond bimbo.

Hold the fuck on.

Actual rape victims, or alleged rape victims?

Again, look at this from a legal perspective.

If you were a judge, how could you possibly rule in favor of the alleged victim?

There is NO EVIDENCE.

Chiefnj2
07-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Hold the **** on.

If you were a judge, how could you possibly rule in favor of the alleged victim?

There is NO EVIDENCE.

You don't what evidence exists or doesn't exist at the moment.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Dude, where have I said that?

You and many of the other guys have stated that it "screams gold digger".

If that's not Carte Blanche, I don't know what is.

If there was any actual evidence that this actually happened other than her word, I'd be more than willing to consider it.

In no way, shape or form do I think that athletes are "above the law".

To this point, in this case, however, there is NO evidence that the law was broken, except for the word of a woman who is making the claim a YEAR LATER - who never contacted the police.

Well, we don't know, do we?

Which I guess is pretty much the reason for the lawsuit.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Did you read the complaint? She was threatened with her job. She subsequently lost a ton of weight and had to be admitted to a hospital shortly thereafter for dehydration and depression. She was in an out of hospitals for nearly a year afterwards.

Maybe, just maybe, she was too busy trying to survive the trauma of this rape to file a police report.

I don't know.

No one is giving him a pass, Dane. We're asking to see some evidence that this actually happened. There's none except for this woman's word - a year after the fact.

Lionel Hutz could be Roethlisberger's lawyer and this case would be dismissed.

Chiefnj2
Then why the **** didn't she sue after it actually happened? It just seems fishy to me. Maybe I'm biased because this stupid shit has happened to me.

She was in and out of hospitals and mental institutions and knew that if she filed a complaint she would be fired and not have any medical insurance to cover those costs?

Coach

All that tells me that it's a sham.

Short Leash Hootie
Hold the **** on.

There is NO EVIDENCE.

This is why rape victims never come forward...

Fuck it...

No evidence.

My word against yours.

Maybe, just maybe, she's telling the truth and is looking for justice rather than a payday?

Dicky McElephant

I don't know.

PS - Sorry to hear that this shit unfairly happened to you.

A job as Executive Casino Host? She was assaulted and violated....and you're telling me that a job is more important than bringing someone to justice. She had all the evidence she needed and she easily could have gone to the police.

I'm not giving him a pass either but this whole thing sounds fishy as hell.

Dicky McElephant
07-21-2009, 06:02 PM

Fuck it...

No evidence.

My word against yours.

Maybe, just maybe, she's telling the truth and is looking for justice rather than a payday?

No evidence? She had the fucking evidence on her.

Coach
07-21-2009, 06:03 PM

Fuck it...

No evidence.

My word against yours.

Well, if there is no evidence, then more than likely he will go scot free.

Short Leash Hootie
07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
No evidence? She had the ****ing evidence on her.

Yeah...

But then it becomes a "it was consensual!"/ "no it wasn't!" kind of case.

Now...do I know if he raped her or not? No way...no one will ever know.

I just guarantee this will either be thrown out or settled out of court...no way will Roethlisberger ever be found guilty, even if he's guiltier than Mike Vick and his dog fighting...

DaneMcCloud
Hold the fuck on.

There is NO EVIDENCE.

Well, that's not necessarily true.

Just because a rape kit wasn't performed doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Furthermore, the "Judge" wouldn't rule - the jury would rule. In addition to that, the burden of proof is much lighter in a Civil Case than a Criminal Case.

In civil litigation, the plaintiff wins if the preponderance of the evidence favors the plaintiff. For example, if the jury believes that there is more than a 50% probability that the defendant was negligent in causing the plaintiff's injury, the plaintiff wins. This is a very low standard, compared to criminal law.

Her lawyer has filed a Civil Case, which makes this much easier for her to win.

OnTheWarpath58

Well, while we're telling stories, I guess you have a good one in mind.

Something about how she's kept a jar of his jizz under her bed for a year, waiting for just the right time to present it?

She may have a case against the hotel employees named, but unless she's sitting on a bottle of Big Ben's Baby Batter, a court of law isn't going to judge against him without physical evidence.

They could have video of her entering and leaving his room, it doesn't PROVE he sexually assaulted her.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Not in a Civil Case.

OnTheWarpath58
07-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah...

But then it becomes a "it was consensual!"/ "no it wasn't!" kind of case.

Now...do I know if he raped her or not? No way...no one will ever know.

I just guarantee this will either be thrown out or settled out of court...no way will Roethlisberger ever be found guilty, even if he's guiltier than Mike Vick and his dog fighting...

I'm guessing it's easier to prove sexual assault when you can actually prove that sexual intercourse has taken place.

Instead, not it's her word against his that they even had sex, much less that it was against her will.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm not giving him a pass either but this whole thing sounds fishy as hell.

It may sound fishy, Bro. But neither you or I were in and out of mental and regular hospitals for a year after the alleged event.

That sounds fishy to me, in regards to it being a non-rape case.

Dicky McElephant
07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
It may sound fishy, Bro. But neither you or I were in and out of mental and regular hospitals for a year after the alleged event.

I'm wondering if she's had any documented mental issues before this issue. Shouldn't there be reports from the mental hospital that could show the doctors diagnosis.

Chiefnj2
07-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, while we're telling stories, I guess you have a good one in mind.

Something about how she's kept a jar of his jizz under her bed for a year, waiting for just the right time to present it?

She may have a case against the hotel employees named, but unless she's sitting on a bottle of Big Ben's Baby Batter, a court of law isn't going to judge against him without physical evidence.

They could have video of her entering and leaving his room, it doesn't PROVE he sexually assaulted her.

It's a civil suit, not a criminal suit. She has a lesser evidentiary burden. Remember OJ being not guilty in criminal court, but guilty in his civil trial? Same thing.

You don't know if the security guard actually filed some type of report the day after the alleged assault when she spoke with him. Someone may have seen her leave the room crying. Her medical records after the incident may mention a rape.

Her case may be dismissed, it may not. Nobody knows yet.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm wondering if she's had any documented mental issues before this issue. Shouldn't there be reports from the mental hospital that could show the doctors diagnosis.

Well, there should be some documented reports if this type of behavior previously existed but it appears per the complaint that her life had been uneventful since at least 2002.

Personally, it looks to me like she's trying to recover enough money to cover the expenditures of being hospitalized.

$390k after expenses (lawyers, taxes, etc.) certainly isn't going to go very far and this type of case, whether she wins or not, is probably more damaging to her career and life than helpful.

orange
07-21-2009, 06:23 PM

There are already rumors being spread - anonymously, of course - about the "real" reason for her mental breakdown.

Bizarre Twist in Roethlisberger Assault Case
Posted Jul 21st 2009 10:24AM by TMZ Staff

Sources connected to the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case claim the psychiatric care the accuser says she's under has nothing to do with Ben .... it has to do with a relationship she had with a man who never existed.

Andrea McNulty has sued Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl champ, claiming he sexually assaulted her in July 2008. Sources tell us Roethlisberger and McNulty had a sexual liaison at the time but Ben insists it was purely consensual. We're told the two knew each other because Ben had stayed at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe over the last several years for golf tournaments -- and she worked at the hotel.

Sources connected with the case tell us a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with this incredible story -- that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man. The man's wife, we're told, created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with McNulty to gain information. We're told the former co-worker has said McNulty fell in love with the fictitious soldier and began telling people she was engaged to him. When the wife stopped the correspondence, McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

We're told McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier.

We tried repeatedly getting in touch with McNulty. So far we have been unable to reach her.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/21/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assault-pittsburgh-steelers-superbowl-lawsuit-soldier-mcnulty/

TMZ posted that BEFORE the court papers went online. It will be interesting to see if their "source" is one of the co-defendants; or if this correspondence with the fictitious soldier began before or after the encounter with BR.

Coach
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Not in a Civil Case.

Shouldn't even have to go there, if there isn't anything to prove. Basically, as far as I know (based on the information we have known so far), then going to Civil case is just a waste of everybody's time.

Halfcan
07-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Kobe part 2??

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:35 PM
TMZ posted that BEFORE the court papers went online. It will be interesting to see if their "source" is one of the co-defendants; or if this correspondence with the fictitious soldier began before or after the encounter with BR.

Wow.

I have to admit, TMZ's had an amazing recent track record.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Shouldn't even have to go there, if there isn't anything to prove. Basically, as far as I know (based on the information we have known so far), then going to Civil case is just a waste of everybody's time.

Not necessarily.

She wouldn't be offered a settlement sum in a criminal case.

Simplex3
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM

Thanks for your input Susan Brownmiller.

The only published, real research I've ever seen on the subject was done by Dr. Kanin from Purdue. In his study the number of *proven false* accusations was 41%. On college campuses fully 50% of cases the woman admits the allegation was false.

I'd say educate yourself, but you're probably too busy sticking your finger up your roommate's butt.

http://www.anandaanswers.com/pages/naaFalse.html

Simplex3
07-21-2009, 06:38 PM

No, it will go to a jury who will decide that Ben has enough money that it won't kill him to give her some.

Halfcan
07-21-2009, 06:38 PM

The only published, real research I've ever seen on the subject was done by Dr. Kanin from Purdue. In his study the number of *proven false* accusations was 41%. On college campuses fully 50% of cases the woman admits the allegation was false.

I'd say educate yourself, but you're probably too busy sticking your finger up your roommate's butt.

http://www.anandaanswers.com/pages/naaFalse.html

ROFL wow what an educational burn

Simplex3
07-21-2009, 06:40 PM

You could be 180 degrees off on the cause/effect. Maybe the fact that she's batshit crazy is the cause, not the effect.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
You could be 180 degrees off on the cause/effect. Maybe the fact that she's batshit crazy is the cause, not the effect.

Very true.

But wouldn't that be a tough sell to a lawyer if what you've mentioned is possible?

I'd expect him to do his due diligence before filing.

Simplex3
07-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Rape cases are a tough deal. The crime is freaking awful and devastating, but it is nearly impossible to prove. Add to it the fact that such a huge percentage of claims are later proven false to suit some desire of the accuser (alibi, revenge, or sympathy) and it's just a crap storm all around for everyone.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Rape cases are a tough deal. The crime is freaking awful and devastating, but it is nearly impossible to prove. Add to it the fact that such a huge percentage of claims are later proven false to suit some desire of the accuser (alibi, revenge, or sympathy) and it's just a crap storm all around for everyone.

Yeah, that's what I mentioned earlier.

IF she's lying (or jacked in the head or whatever), it doesn't make much sense to go through all of this for a mere $390k.

That part doesn't add up.

Simplex3
07-21-2009, 06:52 PM

IF she's lying (or jacked in the head or whatever), it doesn't make much sense to go through all of this for a mere $390k.

If she's jacked in the head maybe her dog is telling her to sue for exactly $390k. No way to know.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:53 PM
If she's jacked in the head maybe her dog is telling her to sue for exactly $390k. No way to know.

LOL

Well, you'd have to think that the lawyer has done some research into this case before filing. Otherwise, he's going to get a ton of negative publicity for even filing this case and probably lose a ton of future, potential clients.

Chiefnj2
07-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Where are people getting this 390k from?

Dicky McElephant
07-21-2009, 06:58 PM

The suit seeks at least $440,000 in damages from the quarterback who won the Super Bowl this year and in 2006, and alleges hotel officials for Harrah's Lake Tahoe went to great lengths to cover up the incident. She's seeking $50,000 in damages from the Harrah's officials.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 06:59 PM

I don't know.

The SI article claims $440k plus another $50k.

I just checked out the lead lawyer's credentials and he's been a lawyer since 1970, in both California and Nevada.

He's definitely not a bozo.

Chiefnj2
07-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't know.

The SI article claims $440k plus another $50k.

I just checked out the lead lawyer's credentials and he's been a lawyer since 1970, in both California and Nevada.

He's definitely not a bozo.

SI is wrong. The complaint lists specific amounts for medical bills and I believe lost wages and then asks for punitive damages in an unspecified amount to "deter" Ben from further acts in the future and other counts say "in excess of $10,000" which must be a Nevada statutory requirement. She is in no way only asking for 440.

BigRock
07-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Because she's fucking stupid.

Exhibit A:

Never contacting the police.

If not contacting the police after you're raped makes you fucking stupid, then an awful lot of legitimate rape victims are fucking stupid.

And as nice as it would be, many rape victims don't suddenly turn into detectives slash CSI's and go "Sweet, I got his DNA all over me, this case will be easy to prove".

Which isn't to back this woman's story one way or another. But failing to do either of those things does not make her story less credible.

BigRock
07-21-2009, 07:43 PM

A percentage of false rape claims has no bearing on the number of rapes that are never reported. Kanin's study doesn't contradict what Hootie said.

Specific to that study, though, Kanin's data is considerably higher than pretty much any other reporting ever done on a percentage of false rape claims. His is the only one I'm aware of with a figure over 10%, let alone close to 50%.

Kanin has even clarified it in the years since, saying by no means should that data be extrapolated (his figure was based on one specific town). Before that remark, his study was (and probably still is) being used as the hallmark of these anti-women groups who think females were put here to serve us and that rape is a myth.

Point being, one really shouldn't base their opinion on the amount of bogus rape claims in the world on that particular study. It is what it is, a report about one town over a span of several years. There have been reports refuting Kanin's findings with data from major cities (I think one was on San Diego) who had their percentage of false reports at like 3%. It doesn't mean it's that low either.

Pioli Zombie
07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
This is a pretty interesting point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
07-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I know I'm in the minority here but I always give the women the benefit of doubt. I remember the Kobe Bryant case but I also remember the Duke rape case. It could go either way. Right now we don't know but she pains a convincing picture.

On the one hand, there's the Kobe Bryant case where he was falsely accused of rape. Of course, on the other hand, there's the Duke Lacrosse case in which the men were falsely accused of rape.

Coach
07-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Not necessarily.

She wouldn't be offered a settlement sum in a criminal case.

Why should she be offered a settlement after possibly fabricating a story and that Ben has been cleared ALL of the charges? Combine that with her past mental issues, yeah, I don't think so.

FAX
07-21-2009, 10:01 PM
If not contacting the police after you're raped makes you ****ing stupid, then an awful lot of legitimate rape victims are ****ing stupid.

And as nice as it would be, many rape victims don't suddenly turn into detectives slash CSI's and go "Sweet, I got his DNA all over me, this case will be easy to prove".

Which isn't to back this woman's story one way or another. But failing to do either of those things does not make her story less credible.

Yep. It's an amazing phenomenon, really ... that so many rape victims fail to report the crime to the police, I mean. Coupled with the fact that such a large number of rape reports turn out to be false or utterly unprovable and you have yourself a real problem. Couple that with the dilemma concerning what aspects of the "victim's" behavior is and is not admissible in court, and the problem is made even worse. Maybe less coupling is in order.

It bothers me that any woman can accuse any man of rape at any time. All you have to demonstrate is proximity and you have a case. It is an accusation that can come years after the fact and still carry weight. Mr. Simplex3's description of a "crap storm" is pretty darn accurate.

FAX

KCUnited
07-21-2009, 10:06 PM
There are already rumors being spread - anonymously, of course - about the "real" reason for her mental breakdown.

Bizarre Twist in Roethlisberger Assault Case
Posted Jul 21st 2009 10:24AM by TMZ Staff

Sources connected to the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case claim the psychiatric care the accuser says she's under has nothing to do with Ben .... it has to do with a relationship she had with a man who never existed.

Andrea McNulty has sued Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl champ, claiming he sexually assaulted her in July 2008. Sources tell us Roethlisberger and McNulty had a sexual liaison at the time but Ben insists it was purely consensual. We're told the two knew each other because Ben had stayed at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe over the last several years for golf tournaments -- and she worked at the hotel.

Sources connected with the case tell us a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with this incredible story -- that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man. The man's wife, we're told, created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with McNulty to gain information. We're told the former co-worker has said McNulty fell in love with the fictitious soldier and began telling people she was engaged to him. When the wife stopped the correspondence, McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

We're told McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier.

We tried repeatedly getting in touch with McNulty. So far we have been unable to reach her.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/21/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assault-pittsburgh-steelers-superbowl-lawsuit-soldier-mcnulty/

Wow.

I like how bitches are crazy enough to pose as a U.S. Soldier in Iraq to gain information about an affair, and crazy enough to fall in love with someone that doesn't exist and make up a fake death for this fake person they are in love with, but aren't crazy enough to claw a dudes eyes out while they're being sexually assualted.

But I'm no rape doctor.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Why should she be offered a settlement after possibly fabricating a story and that Ben has been cleared ALL of the charges? Combine that with her past mental issues, yeah, I don't think so.

Clearly, you don't understand the law.

O.J. was acquitted of murdering Nicole Simpson and her friend.

Yet in Civil Court, he was found guilty was ordered to pay $33 million dollars.

Short Leash Hootie
07-21-2009, 11:55 PM
A percentage of false rape claims has no bearing on the number of rapes that are never reported. Kanin's study doesn't contradict what Hootie said.

Specific to that study, though, Kanin's data is considerably higher than pretty much any other reporting ever done on a percentage of false rape claims. His is the only one I'm aware of with a figure over 10%, let alone close to 50%.

Kanin has even clarified it in the years since, saying by no means should that data be extrapolated (his figure was based on one specific town). Before that remark, his study was (and probably still is) being used as the hallmark of these anti-women groups who think females were put here to serve us and that rape is a myth.

Point being, one really shouldn't base their opinion on the amount of bogus rape claims in the world on that particular study. It is what it is, a report about one town over a span of several years. There have been reports refuting Kanin's findings with data from major cities (I think one was on San Diego) who had their percentage of false reports at like 3%. It doesn't mean it's that low either.

I was going to chime in and defend myself, because he made my exact point in his next post after he had just called me a dumbass, but then I really just lost interest.

Short Leash Hootie
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM

This was my exact point when I said..."this is why most people who are legitimately raped don't come forward"...

But thanks for chiming in and belittling me like usual.

alanm
07-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Same here. Maybe she is trying to scam some cash. Then again, maybe he was drunk and did it.

I just love the way some people know right away she's just trying to scam him.Waiting a year to press rape charges one tends to think something smells fishy.

DJ's left nut
07-22-2009, 12:18 AM
The civil v. criminal distinction matters, but not at the pre-trial dismissal level, at least not nearly as much

The distinction you all keep referring to is preponderance of the evidence v. reasonable doubt when you're discussing questions of fact. Those are standards of proof, not burdens of production.

However, in both criminal and civil trials, the parties have to reach their burden of production. They have to reach a point where a judge determines - "Okay, there's enough here for a jury to at least consider." You all are referring to their burdens of pursuasion. Granted, a lower burden of pursuasion will lower the burden of production somewhat, but not appreciably, the burden of production in criminal cases is already quite low.

The plaintiff here will still need to present something. If it's just her word vs. his, there is absolutely a decent chance the judge will toss it out. He could easily determine that she hasn't made her case well enough to even have it submitted to the jury.

It may be something as simple as a psyciatric evaluation saying that she has severe emotional issues consistent with a rape victim's. But she absolutely has to present some kind of evidence or a judge could definitely pitch this sucker.

alanm
07-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Let's say you're a 125lb. bellboy and you're overpowered and raped. How quick do you report it to the police?By Roethlisburger? Didn't know he rolled like that.

orange
07-22-2009, 12:23 AM
By Roethlisburger? Didn't know he rolled like that.

You haven't been paying attention to the rumors, obviously.

Dylan
07-22-2009, 12:27 AM
I am just trying to understand why Andrea McNulty would need six different aliases?

The Official Court Docket Report: http://www.ccwashoe.com/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=CV09-02222&begin_date=&end_date=

I understand why it's a civil suit ($$) -- In a civil case there is less to prove.

I may be wrong, but I think Ben has some kind of business deal with ESPN.

Anyone know how long hotels usually keep video tapes on file?

And to all a good nite. ...

orange
07-22-2009, 12:31 AM
I am just trying to understand why Andrea McNulty would need six different aliases?

She doesn't need six aliases and she doesn't have six aliases. You want to look at that link again - this time with your eyes open - and see if you can find your mistake?

alanm
07-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Could be Ben used her and then no next day call to her.
Woman used, discarded and then angry.
Hell hath no fury. ;)

blaise
07-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Well, there should be some documented reports if this type of behavior previously existed but it appears per the complaint that her life had been uneventful since at least 2002.

Personally, it looks to me like she's trying to recover enough money to cover the expenditures of being hospitalized.

$390k after expenses (lawyers, taxes, etc.) certainly isn't going to go very far and this type of case, whether she wins or not, is probably more damaging to her career and life than helpful.

Unless I'm wrong the 390k is for compensatory damages. The punitive damages against Roethlesberger and the casino could be 10 times that amount.

Gary
07-22-2009, 08:28 AM
The probably whistled at her and her sensible self was offedned once she found out who they were and realized she could get paid. Of course analysis of her britches will probably find 12 different semen donors.

Is Bristol Palin in the news again?

blaise
07-22-2009, 08:40 AM

Probably. On both sides. Some white people are probably giving him a pass based on race, and there's probably some black people that vehemently defended OJ or Mike Vick that won't defend Roethlesberger based on race.
I think that whole, "Well, if he were (insert race here), this would be different" is a waste of time. People said the same thing about the Bonds situation, "If he were white...", but then Clemens got named and people trashed him too, and wrote books about him. Marvin Harrison's black, his gun case got almost no coverage.

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 08:53 AM
At first glance it looks like the hotel may have some trouble. An employee went to the head of security and allegedly advised them of a sexual assault and she claims they didn't do a follow up or any type of investigation. I'm sure they have an internal policy that requires they do more than nothing.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
FWIW, Andrea Kramer was on Sirius NFL Radio this morning, and even she said that it appears on the surface that this is nothing more than a money grab. She expressed the exact same concerns many of us have in this thread:

Where's the criminal case?

Why not go to the Police?

Why wait a year to bring a civil case?

And this is coming from a woman, who you would think would be more sympathetic to a situation like this.

Pretty much supports what many of us were saying - there's not a single piece of evidence that this actually happened, and the alleged victim's actions over the past year would lead one to believe she's FOS.

Baby Lee
07-22-2009, 09:53 AM

Maybe he the whole thing?

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Maybe he the whole thing?

LMAO

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 10:14 AM
FWIW, Andrea Kramer was on Sirius NFL Radio this morning, and even she said that it appears on the surface that this is nothing more than a money grab. She expressed the exact same concerns many of us have in this thread:

Where's the criminal case?

Why not go to the Police?

Why wait a year to bring a civil case?

And this is coming from a woman, who you would think would be more sympathetic to a situation like this.

Pretty much supports what many of us were saying - there's not a single piece of evidence that this actually happened, and the alleged victim's actions over the past year would lead one to believe she's FOS.

There is no criminal case because she didn't file a complaint with the police.

I don't know why she, or other victims don't go to the police. In a perfect world all rape victims would scratch their assailants across the face and go to the police to preserve all evidence. Unfortunately the real world doesn't work that way. If you were raped on the way home today are you certain you'd go to the police, or would there be some embarrassment and humiliation on your part that would make you think twice?

Why wait a year? She was afraid her workplace was covering for Ben, afraid she'd lose her job, lose her medical benefits and not be able to afford the psychiatric treatment she needed.

We don't know if there is evidence or not. The head of security may have reports that she reported it to him. She may have psych reports for the year following the alleged assault that all say she told the doctors of being raped by a famous athlete. Or, she may be completely nuts. I think her complaint is really weak in terms of what happened with Ben and her. It quotes her only as saying "you don't want to do that" and "please stop". I'd like to think a girl being raped would by yelling and screaming "no" "stop" "get the hell off me", etc.

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Another reason why she may have waited one year - from florio of profootballtalk.com and tsn.com:

The civil complaint filed last week against Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in a Nevada court represents the first step in what could be a long, contentious, and (frankly) fascinating legal battle.

There's a chance we'll never hear anything more about the case, which likely would mean that a quiet, discreet, and confidential settlement has been reached. Given the publicity the case has generated, however, it likely will be challenging to negotiate a fast resolution, especially since any settlement could be interpreted as a partial concession of responsibility.

It appears the accuser's lawyer likely would have tried to strike a settlement without filing suit, if Roethlisberger lived in Nevada. But since the quarterback only comes to town occasionally, the best way to make the lawsuit stick there was to hold the paperwork until he was back in town for the 2009 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship, file the suit, and serve it on him.

Indeed, if Roethlisberger knew about the potential to be sued and served in Nevada, he wouldn't have attended the tournament and possibly wouldn't have returned to Nevada until the statute of limitations had expired. And so the plaintiff would have been forced to sue Roethlisberger on his home turf, far from Nevada.

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2009, 01:17 PM

Gotta love the court of public opinion.

:rolleyes:

Pioli Zombie
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM

Yes. Don't you know there is absolutely positively no way this could have possibly happened because, well, because we are genius internet chat room posters and, and we just know.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 04:01 PM

Isn't what this place is about, Dane?

Opinions?

Consistent1
07-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Money, money, mooonnneeeyyyyy......

Consistent1
07-22-2009, 04:09 PM

You should just write a guide for us common guys who want to be cool. It would sell like mad.

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Isn't what this place is about, Dane?

Opinions?

Yes, it's about opinions.

But in this case, I'd say that everyone here is basing their opinion on the fact that it's Ben Rothlisberger, not Joe Schmoe.

Furthermore, I'm not a fan of the "mob" mentality. You know, the kind of mobs that lynched people for no good reason or burned people at the stake because they were deemed a "witch" and so on.

But please, continue to pontificate and cast this woman as nothing more than a gold digger.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes, it's about opinions.

But in this case, I'd say that everyone here is basing their opinion on the fact that it's Ben Rothlisberger, not Joe Schmoe.

Furthermore, I'm not a fan of the "mob" mentality. You know, the kind of mobs that lynched people for no good reason or burned people at the stake because they were deemed a "witch" and so on.

But please, continue to pontificate and cast this woman as nothing more than a gold digger.

No, not EVERYONE.

I don't give a shit who it is, my next door neighbor, or Ben Roethlisberger.

Everything about this case screams "golddigger".

That word isn't being thrown around "for no good reason". The alleged victim has done anything to lead me, or many others (including Andrea Kramer, a woman) to believe her story.

You're basically accusing us of defending BR because he's an athlete, which in my case, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not defending anyone, just taking the evidence into account.

However, it sure seems like you're hell bent on convicting BR for no other reason than the fact he is an athlete.

That, or your just naive, as there is nothing other than the word of someone with mental issues to lead someone to believe this alleged assault actually happened.

And I happen to think your very far from naive.

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2009, 10:23 PM
No, not EVERYONE.

I don't give a shit who it is, my next door neighbor, or Ben Roethlisberger.

Everything about this case screams "golddigger".

That word isn't being thrown around "for no good reason". The alleged victim has done anything to lead me, or many others (including Andrea Kramer, a woman) to believe her story.

You're basically accusing us of defending BR because he's an athlete, which in my case, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not defending anyone, just taking the evidence into account.

However, it sure seems like you're hell bent on convicting BR for no other reason than the fact he is an athlete.

That, or your just naive, as there is nothing other than the word of someone with mental issues to lead someone to believe this alleged assault actually happened.

And I happen to think your very far from naive.

Dude, it comes down to this:

Me. Personally. I am not about to cast stones against an alleged rape victim. I had a girlfriend that worked with rape victims and I actually dated (extremely briefly) a rape victim. In my experience, rape is an extremely heinous crime that can leave its victims scarred for a lifetime.

Having said that, I'm not about to declare this woman to be a "gold-digger" based off of a few press releases and/or an affidavit. If it's proven to be true in a court of law, then I'll proclaim her as such.

But not before then.

Just Passin' By
07-22-2009, 10:25 PM

Me. Personally. I am not about to cast stones against an alleged rape victim. I had a girlfriend that worked with rape victims and I actually dated (extremely briefly) a rape victim. In my experience, rape is an extremely heinous crime that can leave its victims scarred for a lifetime.

Having said that, I'm not about to declare this woman to be a "gold-digger" based off of a few press releases and/or an affidavit. If it's proven to be true in a court of law, then I'll proclaim her as such.

But not before then.

So O.J. didn't kill two people?

Param
07-23-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/23/ben-roethlisberger-to-speak-on-sex-assault-case/

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is calling for a press conference today, where he is expected to personally address the sexual assault lawsuit filed against him.

The press conference will take place in Pittsburgh at 11 AM PT and we'll be live streaming the entire thing on our website.

Interesting fact -- Ben's reps have made it clear the 2x Super Bowl champ will not be taking any questions from the press.

Make sure to check back to see the entire thing LIVE.

Pioli Zombie
07-23-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/23/ben-roethlisberger-to-speak-on-sex-assault-case/

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is calling for a press conference today, where he is expected to personally address the sexual assault lawsuit filed against him.

The press conference will take place in Pittsburgh at 11 AM PT and we'll be live streaming the entire thing on our website.

Interesting fact -- Ben's reps have made it clear the 2x Super Bowl champ will not be taking any questions from the press.

Make sure to check back to see the entire thing LIVE.

Ben will say "Who'd rape HER?"
Posted via Mobile Device

oaklandhater
07-23-2009, 12:18 PM
but but she is not even hot......

http://www.examiner.com/x-12767-US-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m7d22-Photos-of-Andrea-McNulty-released-claims-sexually-assaulted-by-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger

JASONSAUTO
07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
So O.J. didn't kill two people?

WHO knows for sure? was he ever convicted of it?

OnTheWarpath58
07-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is denying the entire thing, and sounds pretty pissed.

Chiefnj2
07-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is denying the entire thing, and sounds pretty pissed.

INCONCEIVABLE! And I thought he was going to walk up to the podium and admit to it.

Reaper16
07-23-2009, 01:29 PM
She probably had Choco Taco perfume. He couldn't help himself.

rockymtnchief
07-23-2009, 01:32 PM
but but she is not even hot......

http://www.examiner.com/x-12767-US-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m7d22-Photos-of-Andrea-McNulty-released-claims-sexually-assaulted-by-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger

This alone is why so many rape victims don't come forward. Fear of having your face plastered all over the news/interweb and being labeled and humiliated.

Let the courts make a judgment. If she's a gold digger, plaster it all over the place. But, for now, it's in bad taste to be using her picture in a story. The Examiner is a POS in my book.

LaChapelle
07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
How easy is it for pass rushers to get in his head now? As long as they don't do a simulated grind over his layed out body, most else is fair game.

Reaper16
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM
How easy is it for pass rushers to get in his head now? As long as they don't do a simulated grind over his layed out body, most else is fair game.
If they gyrate too much Ben might rape them. Its a double-edged sword.

LaChapelle
07-23-2009, 01:41 PM
If they gyrate too much Ben might rape them. Its a double-edged sword.

He's going to lose it like Philip Rivers. I mean his cool.

Chiefnj2
07-23-2009, 01:43 PM
He didn't deny having sex with her.

orange
07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Ben Roethlisberger: Rape allegations are 'reckless and false'

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger rejected the rape allegations levied against him by Andrea McNulty in a brief statement on Thursday.

"The allegations against me are reckless and false," Roethlisberger said at the Steelers' facility in Pittsburgh. He did not take any questions.

"I would never, ever force myself on a woman," Roethlisberger said.

McNulty filed a civil lawsuit against Roethlisberger in Nevada alleging the quarterback raped her at a casino following a golf tournament last year. She has not filed a criminal complaint, and Nevada police have not investigated the claims as a result.

"I'm not going to discus my private life or this civil case in the media," Roethlisberger said. "I'll respond to her outrageous allegations in the appropriate forum."

The quarterback said he would fight to protect his reputation.

"As much as I'd like to answer everyone's question, I'm going to respect the legal process. And I'm confident the truth will prevail."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/07/ben-roethlisberger-rape-allegations-are-reckless-and-false.html

orange
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
He didn't deny having sex with her.

He basically didn't say anything.

KCtotheSB
07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
God help her if she's making this up to get attention and a paycheck. There's a special circle in Hell for whores that do that shit. Just on the early stages of the case being brought out, I'm kind of siding with Roethelisberger. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to think that if someone's being raped, they'd scream bloody fucking murder and not "Please don't." or "No.".....regardless of how "big" and "imposing" he is.

bandwagonjumper
07-23-2009, 02:40 PM
If I were a betting man I would say it ends in a settlement. If he is a guilty it is in his best interest and even if he is innocent its probably more convenient. Pay her 300 000 $ and tomorrow the whole story is forgotten.

Pioli Zombie
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
God help her if she's making this up to get attention and a paycheck. There's a special circle in Hell for whores that do that shit. Just on the early stages of the case being brought out, I'm kind of siding with Roethelisberger. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to think that if someone's being raped, they'd scream bloody fucking murder and not "Please don't." or "No.".....regardless of how "big" and "imposing" he is.
God help HIM if he raped her.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dicky McElephant
07-23-2009, 04:40 PM

But not before then.

I've been on both sides of the deal. I've dated a girl who was raped....and I was falsely accused of rape. So yes I know how the act can scar a person for life...but I also know how it can be easily thrown around because he/she didn't like the outcome of a sexual encounter.

Pioli Zombie
07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Roethlisburgers angrily denounced the charges
"I wouldn't rape someone that looked like that. EVER!!!!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
07-24-2009, 10:03 AM
I wonder when Michigan State is going to press charges against UNC for the raping that was put on them in the NCAA title game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
07-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Clearly, you don't understand the law.

O.J. was acquitted of murdering Nicole Simpson and her friend.

Yet in Civil Court, he was found guilty was ordered to pay $33 million dollars.

Clearly, you don't understand the situation. OJ did clearly murder his ex-wife and her friend, regardless of what the Jury said. That's entirely different than Ben's situation.

Big Ben did NOT murder anybody, and as far as this whole thing is being played out now, apparently DID NOT rape the woman. So, what I am trying to understand is, if Big Ben has been proven innocent, without a doubt, then there is NO LOGICAL reasoning for Big Ben to have to go to some stupid civil court to pay HER $, especially when SHE FABRICATED a story, combine it with her mental issues, and for some reason, waited for a whole year, just to file a fucking police report.

orange
07-25-2009, 01:58 PM
When exactly was "Big Ben has been proven innocent, without a doubt?"

When he said he didn't do it?

JASONSAUTO
07-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Clearly, you don't understand the situation. OJ did clearly murder his ex-wife and her friend, regardless of what the Jury said. That's entirely different than Ben's situation.

Big Ben did NOT murder anybody, and as far as this whole thing is being played out now, apparently DID NOT rape the woman. So, what I am trying to understand is, if Big Ben has been proven innocent, without a doubt, then there is NO LOGICAL reasoning for Big Ben to have to go to some stupid civil court to pay HER $, especially when SHE FABRICATED a story, combine it with her mental issues, and for some reason, waited for a whole year, just to file a fucking police report.

oj CLEARLY did it? what makes you THINK that? there's nothing clear about it. it's called speculation, you know the courts acquitted him, and in this country people are innocent until PROVEN guilty right?