PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Even MORE Love for BP!!!

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks Barry!

(http://arrowheadaddict.com/2009/07/21/bernard-pollard-the-chiefs-best-player/#more-3839)http://arrowheadaddi...ayer/#more-3839 (http://arrowheadaddict.com/2009/07/21/bernard-pollard-the-chiefs-best-player/#more-3839)

While looking over the Chiefs’ Madden 2010 ratings, I began to ponder an interesting question: “Is Bernard Pollard the Chiefs’ best player?” After thinking it over for a little while, it’s hard for me not to answer that question with a pretty firm “yes.” Even though the Madden folks do their homework, Pollard’s score of 88 (tied for second) has nothing to do with it. After reflecting on last season and reevaluating the numbers, it’s my assessment that he comes into the 2009 season as our best player.

Brian Waters may have made the Pro Bowl last year, but that was a name selection. His best years are behind him, and he was fortunate enough to play in a spread offense for most of the year alongside a future stud left tackle.

Speaking of that LT, Branden Albert was impressive, but he got hurt and still allowed some sacks in an offense designed not to give them up.

Larry Johnson? If it wasn’t for the Madden folks giving him an 88, he wouldn’t even be in this conversation.

Dwayne Bowe needs to catch the ball more consistently before he’s the man in Kansas City.

Matt Cassel has never thrown a pass as a Chief, and still needs to prove he’s not a one-year wonder. I’m not saying he can’t, by the way.

The other two Brandons — Carr and Flowers — are good corners, but there were times last year wher you could tell both players were rookies.

Derrick Johnson? Glenn Dorsey? Jarrad Page? Now we’re just wasting time.

The Bonecrusher had the best season of any Chiefs player last year hands down. Pollard was pretty good in pass coverage, despite playing in a secondary with two rookie corners and behind a front seven that generated the lowest team sack total in NFL history. He also led the team in tackles, posting over 90 for the second year in a row (98). He seemed to be involved in almost every forced turnover, as he picked off a pass, forced two fumbles and recovered three fumbles. The latter was good for fourth in the NFL. Additionally, he was often both our surest and hardest tackler. Most importantly, he seemed to be our defensive leader vocally, and was one of the few Chiefs I never saw quit.

The last time the Chiefs’ best player was a strong safety was when No. 20, Deron Cherry, roamed from sideline to sideline snatching interceptions. That being said, I think our best player is a strong safety once again. Pollard may be a different kind of safety than Cherry, but that doesn’t make him any less of a player.

Just look at Adrian Wilson, who was coached by Clancy Pendergast in Arizona, for example. Wilson is widely considered as one of the best safeties in football. He even made the Pro Bowl last year. Now, look at his numbers: 74 tackles, two interceptions and two forced fumbles. Call me crazy, but Pollard had better numbers despite playing on a defense with considerably less talent than the Cardinals’ unit. With Gunther Cunningham gone and Pendergast using Pollard like Wilson (run suppport, blitzing), I expect big No. 49 to finally garner Wilson-like acclaim. B.P. might not be as tall or athletic as Wilson, but he’s bulkier, meaner, stronger, and has a great motor along with one of the best noses for the football I have ever seen.

To the rest of the league, Pollard’s currently only known as the player who took Tom Brady out last year. That’s about to change. The Bonecrusher is about to have his coming out party, and as the Chiefs’ best player he will deserve to finally be recognized as one of the best safeties in the NFL. Plus, who else in the league can get down like this?
(enter the locker room dancing scene from Hard Knocks)

(Adam Best is the co-blogger-in-Chief of Arrowhead Addict. Follow him daily via RSS feed and Twitter.)

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/BernardPollard_3-1.png

And piss on Mike Brown!
:fire:

DeezNutz
07-21-2009, 06:48 PM
LMAO

Yeah...

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
WHY did you thank barry? is he adam best?

Ebolapox
07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
British petroleum?

Reaper16
07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Pollard is an 88 on Madden? Whao.

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I have already dispelled this erroneous notion.

Not only is Pollard not even CLOSE to the Chiefs' best player, he isn't even the best safety. Football Outsiders had Page ranked above him in most categories when they released their almanac recently.

Page made more stops (36 vs 22), had more defeats (17 vs 6), had a higher stop percentage against the run (41 vs 32) and had a slightly higher success rate vs the pass.

Of course on purely statistical data, he had more than twice as many passes defensed and four interceptions vs one.

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 06:53 PM
British petroleum?

OH BABEEEE
YOUUUUUUUU!
http://www.hipland.co.jp/column/BaddestBeats&Videos_BizMarkie.jpg

milkman
07-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Maybe I should start a blog and make the claim that DeVard Darling is our best player.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it.

Bit only slightly more ridicdulous than this stupid fucker's assertion.

JFC.

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Fuck you.

Huffman83
07-21-2009, 06:57 PM
He's a 78...not an 88....

http://espn.go.com/videogames/features/madden/madden10?teamId=9

Technically....Waters is the highest rated Chief in Madden 10.

milkman
07-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Stats can be found to support or debunk almost any opinion or stance.

milkman
07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
And Madden is the most worthless piece of crap ever.

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 07:00 PM

What would you say about a 850-yard total season stat for a Pro Bowl running back making bank?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:01 PM

These aren't really stats...they're informed observations based on film study.

milkman
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
What would you say about a 850-yard total season stat for a Pro Bowl running back making bank?

What?

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:03 PM

Deflection.

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:03 PM

you="informed"? :rolleyes:

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 07:05 PM
What?

That's homeboy's total yardage last year.

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:05 PM
you="informed"? :rolleyes:

Sauto if you weren't such a frickin' moron you'd realize I was referring to Football Outsiders, not myself.

Get a clue.

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Sauto if you weren't such a frickin' moron you'd realize I was referring to Football Outsiders, not myself.

Get a clue.

really? because in your original quote on the subject YOU said that YOU dispelled that theory, are you again stealing shit from others?

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:06 PM

here it is again

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Deflection.

Deflection of what, motherfucker?!

I have to watch you slob on LJ's fucking knob 8 days a week while everyone else sucks the "Ra Staff" of guy who's never played a game in a fucking Chiefs uniform yet!

I like BP. He's good people, and he cares about being on this team. So if I want to give him a shout out every now and again, I will damn well fucking do so!

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
really? because in your original quote on the subject YOU said that YOU dispelled that theory, are you again stealing shit from others?

Dipshit. I dispelled the notion by quoting Football Outsiders.

Please get a fucking clue.

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Dipshit. I dispelled the notion by quoting Football Outsiders.

Please get a fucking clue.

then maybe you should say THEY dispelled the notion, dont take credit for it

milkman
07-21-2009, 07:11 PM

Informed observations based on film study?

I rarely find those kind of things objective.

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Informed observations based on film study?

I rarely find those kind of things objective.

:D and it's funny that he let someone else actually do the work... AGAIN

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
then maybe you should say THEY dispelled the notion, dont take credit for it

Football Outsiders didn't come to the thread and post it, dipshit.

Are you done chasing your own tail?

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Football Outsiders didn't come to the thread and post it, dipshit.

Are you done chasing your own tail?

then it should have been "football outsiders has already dispelled this" not "I"
you fucking idiot

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:18 PM
then it should have been "football outsiders has already dispelled this" not "I"
you fucking idiot

I will not debate you.

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I will not debate you.

thats because i am right, again

milkman
07-21-2009, 07:22 PM

You are right, but it isn't worth getting out of sorts over it.

JASONSAUTO
07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
You are right, but it isn't worth getting out of sorts over it.

thank you, and i dont ever get out of sorts over someone like him. he's quite amusing.

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:26 PM

You're not right. Your first post was completely ignorant. It just got worse from there.

milkman
07-21-2009, 07:30 PM
You're not right. Your first post was completely ignorant. It just got worse from there.

He is right.

You didn't in any way credit football outsiders in the post that you "dispelled" the claim.

But that's alright, we already know that you're a useless sack.

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 07:32 PM
He is right.

You didn't in any way credit football outsiders in the post that you "dispelled" the claim.

Yes I did.

Football Outsiders had Page ranked above him in most categories when they released their almanac recently.

Sauto has been, is, and always will be a fucking moron around here. He's never posted anything worth a shit. Apparently his disease is contagious and it's spreading.

milkman
07-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes I did.

Sauto has been, is, and always will be a ****ing moron around here. He's never posted anything worth a shit. Apparently his disease is contagious and it's spreading.

My apologies.

I completely overlooked that.

BarrySPAMAID
07-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Bernard Pollard is one of my favorite players. We share the same initials, the same energy, and the same desire to win. His Jersey has recently been bumped to #1 for next new jersey priority for me, and I really am hoping he has a breakout year.

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Bernard Pollard is one of my favorite players. We share the same initials, the same energy, and the same desire to win. His Jersey has recently been bumped to #1 for next new jersey priority for me, and I really am hoping he has a breakout year.

Turk McBride rocks, too!

BarrySPAMAID
07-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Turk McBride rocks, too!

Turk has a big camp coming up. He really does have a lot at stake. I am hoping for the kid, and I know him and Tank have become quite close, but I am a lot more optimistic about Hali's chances on the outside, than I am of McBride's.

Turk was a having an OK year last year before the injury. I just don't know what to expect of him this year, but I am rooting for the kid regardless.

DeezNutz
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM

It's cool that you're able to overlook his mediocre level of play.

milkman
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Turk has a big camp coming up. He really does have a lot at stake. I am hoping for the kid, and I know him and Tank have become quite close, but I am a lot more optimistic about Hali's chances on the outside, than I am of McBride's.

Turk was a having an OK year last year before the injury. I just don't know what to expect of him this year, but I am rooting for the kid regardless.

Hali's chances are better, but tha's like saying that Sonny Bono stood a better chance in a boxing ring against Mike Tyson than Herve Velachaise(sp).

It doesn't look good for either.

BarrySPAMAID
07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Hali's chances are better, but tha's like saying that Sonny Bono stood a better chance in a boxing ring against Mike Tyson than Herve Velachaise(sp).

It doesn't look good for either.

I see your point, but I still disagree especially when it comes to Hali. I think with him being down to his natural weight, he will return to the ball hawk that he once was. He had a bad year. It is what it is. I look for him to rebound this year, and he will still play some end as well Im sure.

BarrySPAMAID
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
It's cool that you're able to overlook his mediocre level of play.

No way. I don't see Pollard as "mediocre" at all. He has missed some tackles because some times he can have a tendency to "over pursue"

But he is a hell of a tackler, very fast, and a very strong saftey.

DeezNutz
07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
No way. I don't see Pollard as "mediocre" at all. He has missed some tackles because some times he can have a tendency to "over pursue"

:eek:

Whom are you talking about?

Raised On Riots
07-21-2009, 08:23 PM

Damn Straight!

If the Coaches drill nothing but fundamentals in to this guy's brain and body, he WILL have a break out season. Aside from Flowers, I saw NO ONE on that defense give the 110% every game that he did.

He's got tremendous drive, dedication, and gratitude for what he does; he just needs to be shaped, drilled, and finely polished.

TO THE 'SHIP!

http://www.bb62museum.org/images/bb62firing3.jpg

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 08:27 PM

His tackling is hell.

Brock
07-21-2009, 08:46 PM

ROFL What?

rockymtnchief
07-21-2009, 08:48 PM
One thing I will say about Pollard, is that when he did miss open field tackles, he pushed the runner back INSIDE. Unlike Ty Law, who the last two years, would let the runner get outside and run forever.

Kyle DeLexus
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
They are saying MVP is only a 78.....B FUCKING S!!!

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 09:49 PM
They are saying MVP is only a 78.....B FUCKING S!!!

I know...70 at best.

Kyle DeLexus
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I know...70 at best.

Well everyone knows that Herm's offense was custom tailored for Punters to look amazing so you could be right.

FAX
07-21-2009, 09:58 PM
But he is a hell of a tackler ...

Unquestionably so, Mr. BarrysKOOLAID. An awesome tackler. Accurate and deadly.

His only problem is the double vision and the fact that, of the two, he always seems to target the wrong guy.

FAX

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Well everyone knows that Herm's offense was custom tailored for Punters to look amazing so you could be right.

Wait...you were talking about Colquitt...

EA = shitty

Kyle DeLexus
07-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Wait...you were talking about Colquitt...

EA = shitty

Well yeah, who else would be deserving of the nickname MVP?

Mecca
07-21-2009, 10:15 PM
If Bernard Pollard is the best player on the Chiefs....that is really sad.

Reerun_KC
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Maybe I should start a blog and make the claim that DeVard Darling is our best player.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it.

Bit only slightly more ridicdulous than this stupid ****er's assertion.

JFC.

Too Late! WPI already beat you to it... You know those guys over there, the ones that really know reporting and football...

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Whoa now homeslice, I never claimed he was the best player! Just step off!

Pioli Zombie
07-21-2009, 10:36 PM
If Bernard Pollard is the best player on the Chiefs....that is really sad.
Really really really sad. This roster is sadder than Jermaine Jackson.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
07-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Darling...the Bartee of wide receivers.

Reerun_KC
07-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Darling...the Bartee of wide receivers.

I thought DVD was going to breakout and own the NFL in Red and Gold?

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 10:42 PM
I thought DVD was going to breakout and own the NFL in Red and Gold?

Herm and Thigpen conspired against him.

Pioli Zombie
07-21-2009, 10:42 PM
This roster is as thin as Mary Kate and Ashley
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Herm and Thigpen conspired against him.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a WPI headline story in the waiting to me...

Reerun_KC
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

We still have LJ....

aturnis
07-21-2009, 10:50 PM

Baaaaaaaaaahhhhaaahaha! ROFL

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Baaaaaaaaaahhhhaaahaha! ROFL

Once again, another retard who doesn't even know what Football Outsiders is.

Reerun_KC
07-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Once again, another retard who doesn't even know what Football Outsiders is.

I hear its just another place your copy and paste stories from...:D

Chocolate Hog
07-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Mike Brown has as many INT's as Pollard does in half the games.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Pollard got big, when he took out brady

BigRock
Page made more stops (36 vs 22), had more defeats (17 vs 6), had a higher stop percentage against the run (41 vs 32) and had a slightly higher success rate vs the pass.

Of course on purely statistical data, he had more than twice as many passes defensed and four interceptions vs one.

All that means is teams are scared to death of running or throwing the ball in the direction of the mighty Bernard Pollard.

DeezNutz
Pollard isn't even qualified to wash a healthy Mike Brown's testicles.

Count Zarth
07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Mike Brown has as many INT's as Pollard does in half the games.

And his grandmother is a better tackler.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 12:10 AM
One thing I will say about Pollard, is that when he did miss open field tackles, he pushed the runner back INSIDE. Unlike Ty Law, who the last two years, would let the runner get outside and run forever.

Not only that, but when the Corners blew a stop, he was greased lightning chasing the ball-carrier down and saving the TD!

I honestly don't get the hate for this guy and I truly believe that had the last 3 years of his career not been spent under the "tutelage" of absolute idiots, he'd already have a Pro Bowl appearance under his belt.

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Not only that, but when the Corners blew a stop, he was greased lightning chasing the ball-carrier down and saving the TD!

I'm so glad he was doing his job.

I honestly don't get the hate for this guy

It might have something to do with the fact that he had the LOWEST stop rate against the run out of the entire starting defense last year.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 12:14 AM
And his grandmother is a better tackler.

And your boy needs a fucking earth-mover to create a hole big enough for his slow ass to plod through.

Seriously; he's the laziest fucking RB I've ever seen. No urgency, no intensity, and slightly above average adjustment skills.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Mike Brown IS a pro bowler

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 12:16 AM
And your boy needs a fucking earth-mover to create a hole big enough for his slow ass to plod through.

Seriously; he's the laziest fucking RB I've ever seen. No urgency, no intensity, and slightly above average adjustment skills.

Again, with the deflection.

No one cares about Larry Johnson. This is a thread about Bustard Pollard.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm so glad he was doing his job.

It might have something to do with the fact that he had the LOWEST stop rate against the run out of the entire starting defense last year.

Gee, could that be because he was a SS being asked to play in T-2 pass coverage as well, and with a god-awful line as the first line of defense?

Try again.

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Gee, could that be because he was a SS being asked to play in T-2 pass coverage as well, and with a god-awful line as the first line of defense?

Try again.

That's not an excuse.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Theres no debate about Pollard vs Brown. The only thing that we should debate is should the Chiefs release Coulcough already so Brown can get the #30.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO Damn you.

That's not an excuse.

That's right shite for football brains; it's a fucking reality just like LJ and his whopping 850 yards.

Theres no debate about Pollard vs Brown. The only thing that we should debate is should the Chiefs release Coulcough already so Brown can get the #30.

Go rinse out your Chin-Wipe; you've got another session with Matty Spice in 10 minutes! :D

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Go rinse out your Chin-Wipe; you've got another session with Matty Spice in 10 minutes! :D

Cassel looks good in red

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Matty Spice is a brilliant nickname.

Truly brilliant.

I am digging it. Let it stick.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Cassel looks good in red

The red accentuates his natural, wide-eyed speed freak look thus creating higher levels of overall intensity that shall spread throughout the ranks and create a massive wall of supernatural Chiefs Mojo guaranteed to at the very least; destroy all division rivals in the year of our Lawd, 2009.

I'm ROR, and I approved this message.

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 12:45 AM
The red accentuates his natural, wide-eyed speed freak look.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/09/11/Matt-Cassel__1221152665_1556.jpg

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Whos that girl?

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Whos that girl?

Matty Spice's Rack.

Chocolate Hog
07-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Matty Spice's Rack.

Shes alright but if hes a franchise QB he'll have to upgrade

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 12:52 AM

True love and his ability to see inner beauty is just another element that makes Matty Spice such an appealing prospect as a franchise quarterback.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 12:53 AM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/09/11/Matt-Cassel__1221152665_1556.jpg

ROFL Yes! That's the one!

Whos that girl?

Madonna, 1987.

Matty Spice's Rack.

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/10/22/1193106898_4918/300h.jpg

I'm tweaking so hard, I can't even hear you!

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 12:58 AM

NO! Willie Beaman's need not apply! Grounded team leader makes for BETTER team leader!

Do not make me fetch-a "Sauto Discipline Stick", Billay:

http://www.allk-9.com/images/whip_canewhip.jpg

Rausch
07-22-2009, 03:06 AM
True love and his ability to see inner beauty is just another element that makes Matty Spice such an appealing prospect as a franchise quarterback.

Reading your post and taking another look makes me suspect there may be a big gay closet in our Cassel.

NTTAWWT.

Troy Aikman was gay and he won 3 super bowls...

redsurfer11
07-22-2009, 04:20 AM
The writer is a retard, and so are 92 posters who didn't know. Deron Cherry was a free safety. Lloyd Burress #34 was the strong safety. Idiots.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Yes I did.

you still tried to male it seem as though you wrote that. sorry.

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 07:01 AM
you still tried to male it seem as though you wrote that. sorry.

By crediting Football Outsiders?

You have a completely retarded method of reading and interpreting posts apparently.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 07:03 AM
By crediting Football Outsiders?

You have a completely retarded method of reading and interpreting posts apparently.

no pussy, by saying that you dispelled the notion. you not football outsiders

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 07:05 AM
no pussy, by saying that you dispelled the notion. you not football outsiders

Oh, right. I was trying to make it seem like I wrote that, by saying I dispelled the notion...and then crediting Football Outsiders....

WOULD YOU STOP THIS FUCKING GARBAGE ALREADY?

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Oh, right. I was trying to make it seem like I wrote that, by saying I dispelled the notion...and then crediting Football Outsiders....

WOULD YOU STOP THIS FUCKING GARBAGE ALREADY?

why dont you stop with the garbage? thats about all you spread around here.

Count Zarth
07-22-2009, 07:07 AM
why dont you stop with the garbage? thats about all you spread around here.

All you do is talk out your ass, sauto.

You do it with EVERYBODY.

Fuck off.

JASONSAUTO
and if you didnt write that why, again, did you say that YOU dispelled anything?

Count Zarth
and if you didnt write that why, again, did you say that YOU dispelled anything?

Fuck off.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 07:08 AM
All you do is talk out your ass, sauto.

You do it with EVERYBODY.

Fuck off.

no i dont i speak how i feel, there are many i get along with just fine. i just have NO respect for losers. therefore i have even less respect for you. you are worse than a loser to me.

Raised On Riots
07-22-2009, 08:51 AM
http://indiancenter.org/Hand%20bell.jpg

http://awaysoiree.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/img_1242.jpg

More Prease.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Raised On Riots;5916558
More Prease.[/QUOTE]

HOW would you know i posted in this thread? oh i know you lie about the ignore shit, just like you lie about actually being a chiefs fan