PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs record the next 3 years. Your call.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm thinking....
2009-2010
6-10

2010-2011
8-8

2011-2012
13-3 Playoff run

Some of Pioli's draft picks concern me but its a "In Pioli we trust" mentality for me right now. I just can't believe that all that success in NE was because of Bellicheck. I like his mentality and approach, so far.

Haley conerced me because he was the NFL flavor of the month after the Super Bowl but after I read more about that guy, he just might work out after all. Pioli rode with the guy on road trips to scout players, worked with him as a coach, got to know him as a person and evaluate his coaching knowledge way before this level. Pioli picked him, so that enough for me, right now. He's defintely got the NFL background. How cool would that have been to watch pre-draft film of Lynn Swan at 11 years old with your Dad. We tried having a "players" coach. That didn't work out so well. Why not give a Parcells disciple and disipline approach a try?

sorry if a repost, but its the offseason so if your ticked off... 4321

beach tribe
07-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Can you please say another record besides 13-3?

DeezNutz
07-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Not bad, BRC. I think it will be similar to what you've listed, with this year being a bit worse, though. 5-11. Maybe even 4-12.

Of course, the upward trajectory that you've outlined assumes Cassel is the man. If he's not, well...yeah.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 08:30 AM
2009-2010
4-12

2010-2011
7-9 Just miss the playoffs by a couple of games, but the true fans are excited as we are just a player away from being elite..

2011-2012
10-6 1st round playoff exit, Feels good to be back to real Chiefs football

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Can you please say another record besides 13-3?
It's Vermiel all over again:)

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Not bad, BRC. I think it will be similar to what you've listed, with this year being a bit worse, though. 5-11. Maybe even 4-12.

Of course, the upward trajectory that you've outlined assumes Cassel is the man. If he's not, well...yeah.
thats a given. We have no hope otherwise.

CupidStunt
07-22-2009, 08:33 AM
25-23

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 08:35 AM
It's Vermiel all over again:)

Or Marty....

Chief Faithful
07-22-2009, 08:41 AM
If Pioli & Haley are as good as advertised I'm thinking:
6-10
10-6
12-4

If they are not:
4-10
9-7
8-8

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Or Marty....
Which ain't to bad. Hopefully we have learned that we need a kicker that can kick a 30 yd. field goal and a more balanced team approach, that if your game plan hasn't worked in the first half, come up with a new one at half time.

How many more lessons about the playoffs do we need to learn the hard way?

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 08:42 AM
If Pioli & Haley are as good as advertised I'm thinking:
6-10
10-6
12-4

If they are not:
4-10
9-7
8-8

To some here, those are dream seasons.....

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-22-2009, 08:50 AM

...and to others the 4 win season is as well.

Chief Faithful
07-22-2009, 08:53 AM

I gather you are not a Pioli believer.

I figure good or bad the team is going to improve greatly in year two because everyone will still be bought into the system and the conditioning will be producing results. The question, will the team still believe in year three?

CoMoChief
07-22-2009, 08:55 AM
6-10 this season

Next: 8-8

2011: 11-5

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 08:56 AM
2009 5-11

2010 8-8 (KC brings in a new defensive coordinator)

2011 10-6 division winnner

milkman
I'd like to get a look at the progress of this team this year, to see how Cassel adjusts to a new team with less talent, and how Haley manages games before I start thinking about next season and the one following.

There are just too many factors involved.

Reerun_KC
I gather you are not a Pioli believer.

I figure good or bad the team is going to improve greatly in year two because everyone will still be bought into the system and the conditioning will be producing results. The question, will the team still believe in year three?

I am a Pioli believer, but also realize the mess this team is in when Herm was the coach..

My opinion is that in year 4-8 we will be strong and competing... I think Pioli is a good choice, but it would take a God like GM to turn around any Herm Edwards led team in 3 years...

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2009, 09:06 AM
1st- 7-9
2nd- 10-6
3rd 12-4

Chief Faithful
07-22-2009, 09:09 AM
I am a Pioli believer, but also realize the mess this team is in when Herm was the coach..

My opinion is that in year 4-8 we will be strong and competing... I think Pioli is a good choice, but it would take a God like GM to turn around any Herm Edwards led team in 3 years...

You talk like someone who has been traumatized by the Peterson years. Pioli has shown an ability to identify areas of weakness and fill them with veterans of character who are great examples for the young guys developing under them. Also, Pioli has not, todate, let an obvious weakness go unaddressed while using the development excuse (this is why I turned on Peterson/Herm last year). So, while I agree it maybe 4 years before we see the solid long term results I think we will see significant improvement fast. Still, I am not ready to believe in more than 6 wins next year even in the most optimistic view.

Chief Faithful
07-22-2009, 09:12 AM
1st- 7-9
2nd- 10-6
3rd 12-4

Hand me a pair of those glasses, I'm ready.

milkman
07-22-2009, 09:18 AM
You talk like someone who has been traumatized by the Peterson years. Pioli has shown an ability to identify areas of weakness and fill them with veterans of character who are great examples for the young guys developing under them. Also, Pioli has not, todate,let an obvious weakness go unaddressed while using the development excuse (this is why I turned on Peterson/Herm last year). So, while I agree it maybe 4 years before we see the solid long term results I think we will see significant improvement fast. Still, I am not ready to believe in more than 6 wins next year even in the most optimistic view.

Damian McIntosh.

Great Expectations
07-22-2009, 09:18 AM
2009-2010
4-12

2010-2011
7-9 Just miss the playoffs by a couple of games, but the true fans are excited as we are just a player away from being elite..

2011-2012
10-6 1st round playoff exit, Feels good to be back to real Chiefs football

My thoughts exactly, and I'll be happy if it goes this way.

I was thinking 4 wins this year, then 6, and 10 wins in the 3rd year. We still have to solidify our offensive line and learn a new complicated Defensive system before we win more than 1/2 of our games. It wouldn't hurt to add an offensive threat either.

oldandslow
07-22-2009, 09:20 AM
1st- 7-9
2nd- 10-6
3rd 12-4

I am all in with the new regime.

9-7 (win division - yeah, it's that bad. First round exit in playoffs)
11-5 (Lose in AFC Championship Game)
13-3 (SB Champs)
12-4 (Repeat!!!)

FAX
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I'll play ...

2009-2010 (that's now, right?) I think we'll win a couple of home games due to Haley's emphasis on that (more than any other reason). I also think we'll sweep the goats and the silver and stupid, so ...

6-10

2010-2011 Haley's conditioning program and attitude begin to take effect. Pioli finds him some defense in FA. We draft a starter.

9-7

2011-2012 Haley is sent to a mental institution for a rest. No problem though. Pioli brings in Parcells as interim/temporary HC. We draft another starter on offense and further shore up the defense through FA.

12-4 Playoffs

FAX

Pablo
07-22-2009, 09:22 AM
1st - 19-0
2nd - 19-0
3rd - 19-0

Sounds about right.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 09:29 AM
I'd like to get a look at the progress of this team this year, to see how Cassel adjusts to a new team with less talent, and how Haley manages games before I start thinking about next season and the one following.

It's a internet BB, it's an opinion based on right now, not what we think next year. jeeezzz:doh!:

milkman
07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
It's a internet BB, it's an opinion based on right now, not what we think next year. jeeezzz:doh!:

And my opinion is that I don't know enough about this team this year to begin to make any guesses about next year and the year after.

Farzin
07-22-2009, 09:37 AM
2009: 6-10 -- Improvement

2010: 11-5 -- If I remember correctly, the Chiefs play the NFC West and they've only lost twice in the past eight meetings against the NFC West. The Chiefs also have done well against the NFC West in the past so I'm hoping they can keep it up. Haley will learn from his first year as head coach. If the Chiefs keep their draft picks, they have a first rounder and two second rounders. I'm sure the Chiefs will use those wisely by either drafting the right player available or by trading one of those picks (with possibly another late pick) for a good player. The Chiefs will be a team to watch out for in the division.

2011: 10-6 -- Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford will be key guys to watch out for in the NFC. I'm thinking by 2011, the AFC West will become a very competitive division. Hopefully this will be Todd Haley's third year with the Chiefs. He'll be ready to help the Chiefs stay over .500.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I think they will be 7-9 this year. The offensive line is better and LJ will be pretty dependable. Matt Cassel provides a steady hand at QB. The AFC West is crap this year and the Chiefs will probably sneak up on some teams this year.

I think the defense will improve quite a bit just buy having congruency (sp?) in philosophy.

I think they will be 9-7 next year. I think the team will be much better, but they will play the AFC South next year, and the NFC West. I think the NFC West is on the way up. Plus, other teams will have a full offseason to pick apart the way the offense and defense does things.

And, I think 2011 will be a scab/lockout season.... so it won't much matter.

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I think the defense will improve quite a bit just buy having congruency (sp?) in philosophy.

One of the biggest criticisms of Clancy in Arizona was his inconsistency week to week.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 09:40 AM
And my opinion is that I don't know enough about this team this year to begin to make any guesses about next year and the year after.

Agreed, but just for sake of conversation:

If Cassel is what Pioli thinks he'll be:

2009: 4-12
2010: 7-9
2011: 9-7
2012: Serious playoff run

If Cassel is a bust:

You may not see a .500 season for the next 5-7 years.

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 09:41 AM

If Cassel is a bust:

You think it's all on Cassel?

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 09:50 AM

All on Cassel?

No.

Mostly on Cassel?

Absolutely. He's being touted as a franchise QB.

By signing him this early, we're committed to him for the next half-decade.

If he pulls a Derek Anderson Part Deux, this team won't go anywhere.

milkman
07-22-2009, 09:52 AM

I can't speak for WP, but I'd say it starts with Cassel.

But we also have to hope that Jackson is the player that Pioli thinks he is, and that at least one of the DEs (Hali, McBride and Studebaker) that is transitioning to LB work out.

We still have to address holes in the O-Line,a dn we'll need to find a RB who is committed to something more than money, and a WR or two to complemet Bowe.

That's a lot of questions and hole to answer and fill.

Theoretically, this team could be a SB contender in 2011 if Pioli makes good decisons in the draft and free agency.

But there are far too many things that need to be addressed to even begin to make an educated guess on the future.

Buehler445
07-22-2009, 09:53 AM
All on Cassel?

No.

Mostly on Cassel?

BAH. I don't even want to thinabout that
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
4-12
5-11
7-9

get real this team has mega holes to fill.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 09:58 AM
BAH. I don't even want to thinabout that
Posted via Mobile Device

At least the Browns only gave something like $8M a year for 3 years to DA after his big season.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 10:09 AM
All on Cassel?

No.

Mostly on Cassel?

agreed. Cassel is a bust, we are hosed for at least 5 more years.

milkman
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
agreed. Cassel is a bust, we are hosed for at least 5 more years.

But.....But......We have Tyler Thigpen!

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 10:16 AM
All on Cassel?

No.

Mostly on Cassel?

And he could put up Trent Green numbers and the team won't go anywhere.

Gonzo
07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
8-8
11-5
14-2

Write it down.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Sure, that could happen.

That would mean Pioli and/or the HC he hired was a complete failure.

But since everyone here seems to think that Pioli can do no wrong, you're scenario is highly unlikely.

Sure-Oz
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
16-0 after we trade for brady after he has his 2nd major knee injury

11-5

7-9

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Sure, that could happen.

That would mean Pioli and/or the HC he hired was a complete failure.

But since everyone here seems to think that Pioli can do no wrong, you're scenario is highly unlikely.

Everyone thinks Pioli can do no wrong? Wow, you've gone off the deep end. You have a serious persecution disorder ever since the team decided to go with Cassel instead of Sanchez.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM

11-5

7-9

LMAO

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Disagree with this. I think if Cassel puts up Trent Green #'s we are going to very happy fans.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Everyone thinks Pioli can do no wrong? Wow, you've gone off the deep end. You have a serious persecution disorder ever since the team decided to go with Cassel instead of Sanchez.

Nice try.

Has nothing to do with Sanchez, but keep bringing it up it makes you feel better.

I'm on record well before Sanchez declared for the draft that Pioli wasn't my top candidate.

I'm not convinced that he can do it without Belichick, and he didn't do anything to sway me by hiring Haley and Pendergast, keeping Krumrie, taking a 5-tech with the 3rd overall pick, signing Cassel long-term this early, etc.

I've said it a million times, I hope like hell that in several years, we're celebrating a Super Bowl Championship, and I'll gladly sit down to a all-you-can eat meal of crow.

Even Stevie Wonder can see it, why can't you? Ever since he was hired, any time organizational decisions have been questioned, people here just invoke Scott Pioli's name as if he can do no wrong, and everything will be just fine because he was part of a dynasty in NE. Forgive me for having my own opinion, and sticking to it.

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Nice try.

Has nothing to do with Sanchez, but keep bringing it up it makes you feel better.

I'm on record well before Sanchez declared for the draft that Pioli wasn't my top candidate.

I'm not convinced that he can do it without Belichick, and he didn't do anything to sway me by hiring Haley and Pendergast, keeping Krumrie, taking a 5-tech with the 3rd overall pick, signing Cassel long-term this early, etc.

I've said it a million times, I hope like hell that in several years, we're celebrating a Super Bowl Championship, and I'll gladly sit down to a all-you-can eat meal of crow.

Even Stevie Wonder can see it, why can't you? Ever since he was hired, any time organizational decisions have been questioned, people here just invoke Scott Pioli's name as if he can do no wrong, and everything will be just fine because he was part of a dynasty in NE. Forgive me for having my own opinion, and sticking to it.

The vast majority of Planet members have questioned some of Pioli's decisions; naming Clancy, keeping Krumrie, the trading for Vrabel before any even knew about Cassel, the Cassel trade, draft picks, Brown, getting rid of TG, not getting rid of LJ, etc.

milkman
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
The vast majority of Planet members have questioned some of Pioli's decisions; naming Clancy, keeping Krumrie, the trading for Vrabel before any even knew about Cassel, the Cassel trade, draft picks, Brown, getting rid of TG, not getting rid of LJ, etc.

Vast majority?

Not.

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Vast majority?

Not.

You think the majority of people on the board agree with keeping Krumrie and are happy about it?

Chief Faithful
07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Damian McIntosh.

Damian played well during the second half of the season and he is an established veteran tackle in this league. There are several young developing tackles on the roster and Pioli drafted another. The biggest need on the OLine was RG and Pioli did address that position.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Nice try.

put me in the Pioli we trust camp. I just don't think it was all Bellecheck in NE. He was my top GM candidate. But, I also think its a valid opinion that it was all Bellicheck in NE. And until Pioli proves otherwise, maybe the correct one. But, for both of our sakes I hope I'm right because the die has been cast.

milkman
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
You think the majority of people on the board agree with keeping Krumrie and are happy about it?

I think that "vast" majority is a mispresentation.

As for Krumrie, it seems that people are assigning blame for that decision on Haley and timing.

milkman
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Damian played well during the second half of the season and he is an established veteran tackle in this league. There are several young developing tackles on the roster and Pioli drafted another. The biggest need on the OLine was RG and Pioli did address that position.

McIntosh didn't play "well" in the second half of the season.

The spread and Thigpen's mobility created the illusion that he didn't suck as much in the second half as he did in the first half.

His one highlight play when he got into the secondary and took out two DBs with a block, he actually completely whiffed on his actual blocking assignment.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 10:47 AM

The people I'm talking about are the one's that complain that we kept him, then follow up by saying, "Well, Pioli knows what he's doing."

That's the difference.

There are people here that assume that Pioli will be successful here for no other reason than the fact he was successful w/Belichick in NE.

There are others, like myself, that have questioned a lot of the decisions made, and aren't convinced that Pioli is going to have the impact that the majority of Chiefs fans expect him to.

I hope I'm wrong.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
One of the biggest criticisms of Clancy in Arizona was his inconsistency week to week.

If you look around the league, the middle of the pack defenses are inconsistent. Much of it is matchups.

I don't think that Gunther and Herm were at odds personally, but I think each had to compromise too much.

Now, I would side more with Gunther's style of defense.... but either way, you get a philosophy and you stick with it.

The Chiefs defense never had an identity.

I think that merely having one voice on that side of the ball will let the defense have an identity.

I also think that this defense will allow Bernard Pollard, Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson to play very well. I think those guys have underachieved, and I think the new 3-4 will emphasize each of their strengths.

JMO.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 10:56 AM

Oh come now, this is a fans message board... no such logic will be tolerated.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Nice try.

I for one appreciate other fans opinions. Man, I have had some far out opinions over the years.... but Pioli has done much of what he was part of in NE.

Pioli was a solid hire. My favorite? Probably not.... but I was stunned that the Chiefs were able to land him. I should not have been given the relationship between the owner's and their families..... but I was.

Haley was not my favorite and still isn't. But guess what? He is Bill Belichick junior in a lot of ways. No nonsense. No pretense. No BS.

Pendergrass wasn't Pioli's hire, it was Haley's hire. And, frankly, especially as a first time head coach, Haley is looking for guys he knows and trusts. What so many fans just don't get is that any coach in the NFL could dazzle any of us with x's and o's. I mean, football isn't rocket science. The key is how well the staff works together.

Krumrie. For all the criticsm that this guy gets, he developed Jared Allen and Boone had his best season ever under this guy. I think it is hard for a guy like Krumrie to coach when the head coach and the defensive coordinator have drastically different ideas about what makes good defense and they try to do it both ways at the same time. Add in the youth movement on the line, and it gives me pause before bashing this guy.

As far as Jackson? Just doing what they did in NE. Building the defensive line. The Pats spent two 5 tech DE's in the first round. I understand your point about it being 'third' overall. But, the Pats didn't worry about picking the 'best' player in the draft, they worried about picking the best fitting player in the draft.

As for Cassell..... the Chiefs have the cap room. It would be silly to go into this year without having him locked up. Fans always criticize a team for not locking a guy up early. I mean, Jared Allen finally had a breakout season and the Chiefs could have locked him up. They chose to give him another year to 'make sure'. Oops.

You put faith in your decisisions, and you operate as if you will be correct. You don't assume you will be wrong.

Looking at the Chiefs this offseason, you see much the same philosophy that has made NE one of the best franchises in the last 10 years.

Will it work to the same level? Probably not, honestly. Much of NE success was lucking into Tom Brady in the draft. I don't think Cassel will be Brady, but I think Cassel has the work ethic it takes to be one of the top five QB's in the league.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
McIntosh didn't play "well" in the second half of the season.

The spread and Thigpen's mobility created the illusion that he didn't suck as much in the second half as he did in the first half.

His one highlight play when he got into the secondary and took out two DBs with a block, he actually completely whiffed on his actual blocking assignment.

I think McIntosh is better than most give him credit for. I think he is a solid run blocking RT. I think he struggles when the Chiefs get behind and he gets singled up on a good pass rusher.

I won't argue that the Chiefs shouldn't upgrade the position.

The one question I have is that who told you that McIntosh missed his blocking assignment on that play? Not saying he did or didn't, but as a fan, we can never be sure because regardless of how much football we have played, we don't 'know' how the coach drew up the play, and how the play adapts to different defensive fronts and looks.

Just curious if this was something that you assumed after watching it, or if you had it from one of the coaching staff.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
The people I'm talking about are the one's that complain that we kept him, then follow up by saying, "Well, Pioli knows what he's doing."

That's the difference.

There are people here that assume that Pioli will be successful here for no other reason than the fact he was successful w/Belichick in NE.

There are others, like myself, that have questioned a lot of the decisions made, and aren't convinced that Pioli is going to have the impact that the majority of Chiefs fans expect him to.

I hope I'm wrong.

He will certainly have the impact that Chiefs fans expect.... at least the degree of impact. Whether it impacts the Chiefs positively or negatively can be debated.

milkman
07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I think McIntosh is better than most give him credit for. I think he is a solid run blocking RT. I think he struggles when the Chiefs get behind and he gets singled up on a good pass rusher.

I won't argue that the Chiefs shouldn't upgrade the position.

The one question I have is that who told you that McIntosh missed his blocking assignment on that play? Not saying he did or didn't, but as a fan, we can never be sure because regardless of how much football we have played, we don't 'know' how the coach drew up the play, and how the play adapts to different defensive fronts and looks.

Just curious if this was something that you assumed after watching it, or if you had it from one of the coaching staff.

I get it from watching the replay, watching him attempt to make a block on the LDE and completely missing, and I don't need a coach to tell me that was his assignment on that particular play.

It couldn't be more obvious.

And McIntosh is not solid run blocking RT.
He sucks at every aspect of his job.

And no, I'm not overstating that.

milkman
07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
He will certainly have the impact that Chiefs fans expect.... at least the degree of impact. Whether it impacts the Chiefs positively or negatively can be debated.

Well.....duh.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I get it from watching the replay, watching him attempt to make a block on the LDE and completely missing, and I don't need a coach to tell me that was his assignment on that particular play.

I wish that I could see the play you are talking about. IF it is a running play, he could have been setting the DE up. Acting like he was going to engage him to make the DE change his angle, or to make the DE think it was a pass play.

Again, I am not saying that I know exactly what the play call was. You may be absolutely correct. I just think there is a possibility that you are wrong.

Guys get bad reputations sometimes and it feeds on itself. Then, the guy goes to a different team and everyone thinks he became a much better player. Many times it is just what he is being asked to do.

Anyways, I slightly dissagree on McIntosh. Wouldn't be upset if the Chiefs replaced him, just don't think he is as big of a weakness as you think.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Well.....duh.

Trying to be funny.... didn't work... but I was trying.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM

For the Money Cassel is getting, he better be a TOP 5 QB and put this team on his back....

He proved in NE that he is a great QB, time to bring the Chiefs up to his level...

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 11:56 AM
For the Money Cassel is getting, he better be a TOP 5 QB and put this team on his back....

He proved in NE that he is a great QB, time to bring the Chiefs up to his level...

You were going good until the 2nd line.

He proved nothing in NE, other than he can do it for one year, surrounded by tons of talent and excellent coaching.

Doing it for the next 6 years in KC and becoming the franchise QB he's being paid to be will be "proving it."

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Krumrie. For all the criticsm that this guy gets, he developed Jared Allen and Boone had his best season ever under this guy. I think it is hard for a guy like Krumrie to coach when the head coach and the defensive coordinator have drastically different ideas about what makes good defense and they try to do it both ways at the same time. Add in the youth movement on the line, and it gives me pause before bashing this guy.

Allen started for two years prior to Krumrie coming to KC and put up very good numbers those two years. He actually took a step back in Krumrie's first year.

Count Alex's Losses
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
We're not going 4-12 this year.

There is no question in my mind we'll be competing for the playoffs next season.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 12:19 PM

He proved nothing in NE, other than he can do it for one year, surrounded by tons of talent and excellent coaching.Doing it for the next 6 years in KC and becoming the franchise QB he's being paid to be will be "proving it."

ROFL wow, yet you would have been great had we drafted a guy

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 12:35 PM
ROFL wow, yet you would have been great had we drafted a guy

I'll take an inexperienced 22 year old with tremendous upside over an inexperienced 27 year old with arguably less upside every single time - especially when you're talking about the same amount of money.

But that's just me...

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 12:39 PM
I think they will be 7-9 this year. The offensive line is better and LJ will be pretty dependable. Matt Cassel provides a steady hand at QB. The AFC West is crap this year and the Chiefs will probably sneak up on some teams this year.

I think they will be 9-7 next year. I think the team will be much better, but they will play the AFC South next year, and the NFC West. I think the NFC West is on the way up. Plus, other teams will have a full offseason to pick apart the way the offense and defense does things.

And, I think 2011 will be a scab/lockout season.... so it won't much matter.

http://thedailybite.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/kool-aid-man.jpg

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I'll take an inexperienced 22 year old with tremendous upside over an inexperienced 27 year old with arguably less upside every single time - especially when you're talking about the same amount of money.

But that's just me...

ROFL yeah the 27 year old has no experience:rolleyes: 4 years behind the BEST qb in the game, coached for those 4 years by the best coaches, 1 year starting 11-5 record... yep i would rather have a guy who started only 1 year in college and thats it...and you arent talking the same money, sanchez has the same $s for 1 less year

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 12:41 PM

Not all, but the Majority of it is. He is our biggest FA signing and now is the Face of the franchise at QB...

This team will go only as far as Cassel can carry them. The future of this franchise for the next 3-6 years rides on Cassel....

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
4-12

7-9

9-7

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Since when has the NFL become the NBA and the NHL? What's with the hyphenated years, moron? You are confusing me with that bullshit.
wtf? 6 posts and you got an attitude? Where's skip at to take care of the n00b?

I gave his positive rep by mistake.ROFL

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM

He proved nothing in NE, other than he can do it for one year, surrounded by tons of talent and excellent coaching.

Doing it for the next 6 years in KC and becoming the franchise QB he's being paid to be will be "proving it."

The second line was a slap at the fans that are using the Matt Cassel Chin-wow...

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 12:45 PM
wtf? 6 posts and you got an attitude? Where's skip at to take care of the n00b?

I gave his positive rep by mistake.ROFL

Don't worry....I gave him neg rep to bring it back down. :D

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 12:45 PM
2009: 9-7
2010: 11-5 AFC Title Game appearance
2011: 14-2 Super Bowl XLVI Champions

:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Stupidity deserves to be called out regardless of the circumstances.

NFL doesn't use hyphenated years.
Dude, why come on here and start crap with less than 10 posts?

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Don't worry....I gave him neg rep to bring it back down. :D

:D He is red now... ROFL

milkman
07-22-2009, 12:47 PM
ROFL yeah the 27 year old has no experience:rolleyes: 4 years behind the BEST qb in the game, coached for those 4 years by the best coaches, 1 year starting 11-5 record... yep i would rather have a guy who started only 1 year in college and thats it...and you arent talking the same money, sanchez has the same $s for 1 less year

This whole idea that sitting on the bench behind a great QB for a few years should translate to success for that player is misconstrued.

How many years did Steve Bono sit behind Montana?

What about GrBac sitting behind Young?

How about Mike Livingston and Len Dawson?

Bottom line is, these guys either have it or they don't.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Who gives a shit about the post total. You are a dumbshit. You deserved to be called out.ROFL I'm the liberal commie, not the dumbass on this board. Get your facts striaght n00b.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
This whole idea that sitting on the bench behind a great QB for a few years should translate to success for that player is misconstrued.

yet many HERE think a young QB should sit and get accustomed to the game right? well cassel has he's learned from the best. if pioli thinks the 2 are = then cassel should win out due to experience. which otw said he didnt have and i disagree

milkman
Who gives a shit about the post total. You are a dumbshit. You deserved to be called out.

What I find really stupid is getting your panties in a bunch over something so meaningless and inconsequential.

And you claim that it confused you and you call him a dumbshit.

Talk about irony.

Reerun_KC

:shake:

Man, did you have to remind us of the great offseason signings of Grbac and Bono?

Lets hope Cassel isnt either one of those...

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 12:51 PM

Versus the guy that is 5 years older and didn't start a single game in college?

Question:

Who has started more football games in the past 4 years?

Stafford - 33
Sanchez - 16
Cassel - 15

Sorry, but you're drinking the Kool-Aid if you actually think that 1 year of NFL experience with arguably less upside is more important than being 5 years younger and having all the upside in the world.

But, you argue just to argue, so color me shocked.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
yet many HERE think a young QB should sit and get accustomed to the game right? well cassel has he's learned from the best. if pioli thinks the 2 are = then cassel should win out due to experience. which otw said he didnt have and i disagree

Bono and Grbac learned from the best in Montana and Young...

I just hope the current Chiefs roster can step up and play to the level that Cassel demands and is accustomed to... IF not, it going to be a long ride...

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
:D He is red now... ROFL

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM

If you think that 15 starts doesn't equal inexperience, I can't help you.

He's green. Period.

He has just as many question marks as Stafford and Sanchez.

Difference is, he's 5 years older.

milkman
07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
This weekend while your family is riding around town in their automobile, I hope a semi blindsides their vehicle in an intersection and their car bursts into a raging ball of fire. Close casket funerals for all of them:evil:

You're a class act.

It's too bad your mommy didn't swallow.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
This weekend while your family is riding around town in their automobile, I hope a semi blindsides their vehicle in an intersection and their car bursts into a raging ball of fire. Close casket funerals for all of them:evil:
Thats not cool.

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
4-12
6-10
5-11

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 01:01 PM
If you think that 15 starts doesn't equal inexperience, I can't help you.

He's green. Period.

Difference is, he's 5 years older.

whatever, there is a difference. one has played innthe NFL 2 havent, and stafford doesnt belong in this conversation. he was gone already.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
But, you argue just to argue, so color me shocked.

pot, this is kettle calling....

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
It's too bad your mommy wasn't raped, beaten and thrown in a ditch before she turned 18.

mods, can we get some help here?

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Is this deserving of a red card? I kinda want to use one.

milkman
07-22-2009, 01:09 PM
It's too bad your mommy wasn't raped, beaten and thrown in a ditch before she turned 18.

How much time do they allow you to use the computer in juvenile hall?

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
How much time do they allow you to use the computer in juvenile hall?

Obviously enough to get banned. :D

DaFace
07-22-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm too lazy to edit posts quoting him today.

milkman
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm too lazy to edit posts quoting him today.

Eh....most of his venom was directed toward me, and I'm also too lazy to go back and edit.

Count Alex's Losses
07-22-2009, 01:38 PM

But that's just me...

Really, when you say these things, it makes me think you haven't watched Cassel much, if at all.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
4-12
6-10
5-11
Dang UP, its not the 70's.

Count Alex's Losses
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM

Absolutely ridiculous.

For one thing he's already proven he can read NFL defenses...

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Absolutely ridiculous.

Some people won't give the guy any credit until he produces multiple Super Bowl wins in KC.

-King-
07-22-2009, 03:28 PM
2009 - 5-11 to 7-9
2010 - 8-8 to 10-6 Wild Card, 1st round close loss(probably to the Colts because thats like the only team we ever see in the playoffs anymore)
2011 - 12-4 to 14-2 Playoffs, win AT LEAST 1 game and maybe go to the superbowl :homer:

L.A. Chieffan
07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
3 Lombardi Trophies.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Really, when you say these things, it makes me think you haven't watched Cassel much, if at all.

I watched every NE game that wasn't played at the same time the Chiefs were playing.

I'd love to know what I said that you think is false.

Derek Anderson must have "proved" a lot to you in 2007, with a lessor supporting cast and lessor coaching staff.

Christ, people here weren't excited about Cassel when the subject was brought up before the trade took place, but now people think he's Tom Brady Part II.

He has a TON to prove.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Absolutely ridiculous.

REALLY?

That's like saying that Tyler Thigpen has proven he can read a defense.

Playing from the shotgun gives you a monumental advantage in doing so pre snap, not having to drop and re-read, etc.

The amount of time he held the ball, even with those advantages tells me it's not his strong suit.

Sorry, I'm just not going to suck the guy off just because he was successful surrounded by talent and excellent coaching, and was hand-picked by Pioli.

He has to prove to me that 2008 wasn't a fluke.

FAX
07-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Of course Cassel has a lot to prove. This is an entirely different situation as compared to NE. Entirely different.

Still, NFL experience (even a little) is a huge advantage over collegiate experience. Talent being equal, merely holding a clipboard in the NFL give you a leg up on a rookie.

Here's the rub, though ... Cassel didn't gain a whole lot in the form of collegiate experience either.

FAX

chiefs1111
2009 3-13
2010 7-9
2011 11-5

OnTheWarpath58
Some people won't give the guy any credit until he produces multiple Super Bowl wins in KC.

I'll settle for winning a playoff game or two, even though the organization is investing the time and money expecting a Lombardi Trophy.

Consistent1
07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
True OTWP. Just getting to the playoffs is going to be a task. We could still be sitting at 8-8 two or three years down the road. I just hope this year isn't a total wreck screwing Cassel up, etc.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Of course Cassel has a lot to prove. This is an entirely different situation as compared to NE. Entirely different.

Still, NFL experience (even a little) is a huge advantage over collegiate experience. Talent being equal, merely holding a clipboard in the NFL give you a leg up on a rookie.

Here's the rub, though ... Cassel didn't gain a whole lot in the form of collegiate experience either.

FAX

Exactly my point.

He's not Aaron Rodgers, who started 2 years in college and played at a high level, THEN sat for several years.

FAX
07-22-2009, 04:03 PM
REALLY?

Playing from the shotgun gives you a monumental advantage in doing so pre snap, not having to drop and re-read, etc.

The amount of time he held the ball, even with those advantages tells me it's not his strong suit.

Sorry, I'm just not going to suck the guy off just because he was successful surrounded by talent and excellent coaching, and was hand-picked by Pioli.

He has to prove to me that 2008 wasn't a fluke.

Worry thyself no more, Mr. OnTheWarpath58.

There are two super important things to which a new NFL QB must acclimate himself; NFL speed and the complexity of the defenses. It takes a long time for a quarterback to get used to those things. The true advantage that Cassel has is that, even though he hasn't seen a lot of starts, he's practiced against NE's defense. Pioli's watched him deal with those aspects of the game and is comfortable with his choice. That really is important and we should take comfort in that fact.

Plus, Cassel's taken some hits from some really, really big guys and lived to talk about it. That's good, too.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Worry thyself no more, Mr. OnTheWarpath58.

There are two super important things to which a new NFL QB must acclimate himself; NFL speed and the complexity of the defenses. It takes a long time for a quarterback to get used to those things. The true advantage that Cassel has is that, even though he hasn't seen a lot of starts, he's practiced against NE's defense. Pioli's watched him deal with those aspects of the game and is comfortable with his choice. That really is important and we should take comfort in that fact.

Plus, Cassel's taken some hits from some really, really big guys and lived to talk about it. That's good, too.

FAX

LMAO

Brock
07-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm expecting a 6-10ish record this year, but I also won't be surprised at 8-8 and second in the division. With the dreck they put on the field last year they could have gone 8-8 if certain people would have played 4 quarters.

Buck
07-22-2009, 04:41 PM
22-26

5-11
7-9
10-6

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll settle for winning a playoff game or two, even though the organization is investing the time and money expecting a Lombardi Trophy.

glad to see that your lofty expectations have gotten a little more grounded lately

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 05:20 PM
glad to see that your lofty expectations have gotten a little more grounded lately

They haven't.

I fully expect a franchise QB to win a SB in his career.

I'm not yet sold on Cassel being a franchise QB just yet. Like I've said before, he needs to prove last year wasn't a fluke. Getting a few playoff wins would be a good start.

Just because he's getting paid like a franchise QB doesn't mean he'll play like one.

Noss
07-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Sixteen game regular season
2009 7-9

Eighteen game regular season
2010 10-8
2011 14-4 SB
2012 16-2 repeat SB
2013 18-0 three-peat SB

Easy 6
07-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm so0O with you on the 'players coach' part.

Save the 'nice' for the Super Bowl after-party.

TEX
07-22-2009, 06:42 PM
2009 - 5-11

2010 - 8-8

2011 - 9-7

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 06:44 PM
They haven't.

I fully expect a franchise QB to win a SB in his career.

IIRC you said before that MULTIPLE super bowl wins was needed. IMO its a team game and cassel can do it all and have no defense behind him and still not win shit

Count Alex's Losses
07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Derek Anderson must have "proved" a lot to you in 2007, with a lessor supporting cast and lessor coaching staff.

That's a terrible comparison. Anderson didn't have near the accuracy Cassel displayed last year.

The amount of time he held the ball, even with those advantages tells me it's not his strong suit.Sorry, this is poppycock. Cassel didn't have a problem holding onto the football. He showed vast ability to process information quickly and get rid of the ball in a timely manner, especially in the second HALF of the year.

Thigpen struggled big time when his primary target was covered. And even then, he forced the ball quite a bit.

Cassel was rarely fooled last year. Thigpen led the league in dropped interceptions.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Christ, people here weren't excited about Cassel when the subject was brought up before the trade took place, but now people think he's Tom Brady Part II.

when the subject was brought up the proposed trade was for our #3 pick. maybe that had something to do with it

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
IIRC you said before that MULTIPLE super bowl wins was needed. IMO its a team game and cassel can do it all and have no defense behind him and still not win shit

Please point out the post where I said anything about Matt Cassel needing to win more than 1 SB.

And I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Great QB's put the team on their back and win, regardless of the circumstances.

Ben Roethlisberger won despite playing behind a terrible OL.

Tom Brady won multiple Super Bowls surrounded by guys like Antowain Smith, David Patten, Jermaine Wiggins, Charles Johnson, David Givens and Christian Fauria.

Peyton Manning won despite having the 23rd ranked defense, and 32nd ranked rush defense.

Good to see people are already making excuses.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
That's a terrible comparison. Anderson didn't have near the accuracy Cassel displayed last year.

He was also throwing to Braylon "King of the Drops" Edwards and Joe Jerevicius and not Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

Sorry, this is poppycock. Cassel didn't have a problem holding onto the football. He showed vast ability to process information quickly and get rid of the ball in a timely manner, especially in the second HALF of the year.

Thigpen struggled big time when his primary target was covered. And even then, he forced the ball quite a bit.

Cassel was rarely fooled last year. Thigpen led the league in dropped interceptions.

Great. Let's compare a supposed franchise QB to Tyler Thigpen.

:rolleyes:

Count Alex's Losses
07-22-2009, 07:10 PM
He was also throwing to Braylon "King of the Drops" Edwards and Joe Jerevicius and not Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

So? No one gave up a 2nd round pick for him.

Great. Let's compare a supposed franchise QB to Tyler Thigpen.

Uh, you were the one that threw out the comparison.

It's baseless.

milkman
07-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Please point out the post where I said anything about Matt Cassel needing to win more than 1 SB.

And I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Great QB's put the team on their back and win, regardless of the circumstances.

Ben Roethlisberger won despite playing behind a terrible OL.

Tom Brady won multiple Super Bowls surrounded by guys like Antowain Smith, David Patten, Jermaine Wiggins, Charles Johnson, David Givens and Christian Fauria.

Peyton Manning won despite having the 23rd ranked defense, and 32nd ranked rush defense.

Good to see people are already making excuses.

While I agree with you in principle, one could argue that the Colts won a SB in spite of Manning, who put together a rather unremarkable playoff performance against some rather mediocre teams.

Extra Point
07-22-2009, 07:15 PM
24/48.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 07:16 PM
So? No one gave up a 2nd round pick for him.

Uh, you were the one that threw out the comparison.

It's baseless.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

So accuracy is tied to reading defenses?

Holy Jesus.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
While I agree with you in principle, one could argue that the Colts won a SB in spite of Manning, who put together a rather unremarkable playoff performance against some rather mediocre teams.

That could absolutely be argued.

Count Alex's Losses
07-22-2009, 07:25 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

So accuracy is tied to reading defenses?

Holy Jesus.

Uh, no?

I don't know where you got that from.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Allen started for two years prior to Krumrie coming to KC and put up very good numbers those two years. He actually took a step back in Krumrie's first year.

Only sack stats. He became a complete player under Krumrie.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Uh, no?

I don't know where you got that from.

I'm sure it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that I was talking about the ability to read a defense, and you turned it into a Cassel v. Thigpen accuracy debate.

BarrySPAMAID
07-22-2009, 08:04 PM
2009= 10-6
2010= 10-6
2011= 10-6
I could continue. I hope you understand.

Mecca
07-22-2009, 08:17 PM
This is an odd debate, even if you lose Matt Cassel, he has 3 issues.

He holds onto the ball to long, he has a bad deep ball and he's really inconsistent throwing to the middle of the field.

FAX
07-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry, Mr. Mecca ... that's another one of those posts that doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense when you ... you know, read it.

Are you saying that if we lose Cassel, he has 3 issues? Or, are you saying that if we lose, it's because of those 3 issues? Or, are you saying that Cassel has 3 issues that he will lose? Or, are you saying that if we lose Cassel, he takes those issues with him? Any of the above?

FAX

Param
07-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I would like to see some TC and preseason games before I go on some prediction. I think it's going to be a rough start, but I'd like to see more before I go on some 3 year guess.

Since all we can do is make a guess.... Here goes

5-11

9-7

11-5

I'll definately say after year 1 we'll definately have a better grasp how this franchise is going to move forward.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry, Mr. Mecca ... that's another one of those posts that doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense when you ... you know, read it.

Are you saying that if we lose Cassel, he has 3 issues? Or, are you saying that if we lose, it's because of those 3 issues? Or, are you saying that Cassel has 3 issues that he will lose? Or, are you saying that if we lose Cassel, he takes those issues with him? Any of the above?

FAX

:spock:

PastorMikH
07-22-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm going to say 7 playoff wins over the next 3 years. Those are the W's that matter most.

Count Alex's Losses
07-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that I was talking about the ability to read a defense, and you turned it into a Cassel v. Thigpen accuracy debate.

I was talking about Derrick Anderson.

But if you want to go there, Thigpen's accuracy is balls, too.

FAX
07-22-2009, 09:10 PM
:spock:

Am I to assume from that little, blue, alien-looking, puckered-up, smilie dude that you understood his post, Mr. Reerun_KC? Have I gone and taken too many damned Dilaudids again?

FAX

aturnis
07-22-2009, 10:53 PM

Actually, it looks like it was a short, quick pass play that was designed for MacIntosh to let the DE go and get downfield to open up space for Jamal Charles. Might just be me, but it doesn't look like he tired to engage the DE at all.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FwFgKstwdU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FwFgKstwdU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MoreLemonPledge
07-22-2009, 11:08 PM
2009: 5-11
2010: 9-7
2011: 10-6 w/ Playoff berth

Superbowl win in 2024. Calling that right now.

Extra Point
01-04-2010, 12:07 AM
We're not going 4-12 this year.

There is no question in my mind we'll be competing for the playoffs next season.

Oh, really? Tongue contacts cheek, teeth bite tongue. Rinse, and don't repeat.

OnTheWarpath58
01-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, this was an interesting read...

TigerPig
01-04-2010, 12:15 AM
22-26

6-10
7-9
9-7
Then... 10-6...maybe 11-5. Its a brand new tree, its going to take a long time for fruit to bear.

TigerPig
01-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh, really? Tongue contacts cheek, teeth bite tongue. Rinse, and don't repeat.

There's nothing wrong with blind, irrational optimism when it comes to sports.

The offseason is all about hope.

Stanley Nickels
12-29-2011, 05:50 PM

11-5

7-9

Not Bad!

Stanley Nickels
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
4-12
6-10
5-11

More accurate than most!

Buck
12-29-2011, 05:58 PM
22-26

5-11
7-9
10-6

If you win this week I will have been off by 1 win.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Lets revisit this thread and see how everyone did!

notorious
08-29-2012, 08:44 AM
This is an odd debate, even if you lose Matt Cassel, he has 3 issues.

He holds onto the ball to long, he has a bad deep ball and he's really inconsistent throwing to the middle of the field.

Wow.

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2012, 08:45 AM

If Cassel is a bust:

Pretty close.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
08-29-2012, 08:55 AM
After reading through the entire thread, this is the most accurate prediction I could find. You really don't want to know who it came from...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5916535&postcount=29

ROFL

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Pretty close.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cassel was a bust and they still had a plus 500 season. Folks with some spot on picks for 09, so props for that.