PDA

View Full Version : Football So Schefter left NFLN....

DTLB58
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/06/espn-formally-adds-adam-schefter-to-nfl-lineup.html

This flew under my radar. (Since they announced it June 10th) Guess he wanted a big contract extension in the seven figure salary range and they told him to bite the big one.

Didn't even notice the dude wasn't on.

I did however, notice the new guy last week Jason someone. He had a chat on NFL.com where he said he supported the idea of playing the Super Bowl in another coountry and then at the end of his chat he left his e-mail.

So I sent him a note telling him what a idiot I thought him and his idea of playing the SB in another country was.

Before I knew it, it was 4 hours later and we were still exchanging e-mails back and forth in rapid style at eacother arguing this point. The guy just wouldn't give up. He had to get the last word
in. Finally the next morning I told him we can end this and just agree to disagree, finally he stopped e-mailing back.

Anyways, Does espn really need Mort, Clayton and Schefter? jeez. Think these guys will be reporting the same stuff.

LaChapelle
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Schefter became expendable when McDaniels said he will only leak info to Nick "Assclown" Athan.

milkman
07-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Shefter left NFLN?

We also landed on the moon.

Chiefnj2
07-22-2009, 11:08 AM
"I sent him a note telling him what a idiot I thought him"

Interesting.

bdeg
07-22-2009, 11:19 AM
"Guess he wanted a big contract extension in the seven figure salary range"

Who does this guy think he is, Matt Cassel?

The Bad Guy
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
It's super overkill to have that many newsbreakers on the same station.

milkman
07-22-2009, 11:29 AM

And, of course, ESPN would never "overkill".

T-post Tom
07-22-2009, 12:25 PM
His interview on 810 yesterday was kind of funny. He was pimping his new book and tried really hard to be nice to KC. It was stark contrast to some of the tripe he wrote for The Denver Post. He used to love railing on KC, the Chiefs and Chiefs' fans. I guess selling a book takes precedent over long-standing hatreds of rival teams and cities.

Anyway, he said that the surprise breakout NFL player of next year will be ...
are you ready...
for a complete surprise...
this will truly be a shocker...
okay...

Knowshon Moreno

A Bronco? Really?

milkman
07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
His interview on 810 yesterday was kind of funny. He was pimping his new book and tried really hard to be nice to KC. It was stark contrast to some of the tripe he wrote for The Denver Post. He used to love railing on KC, the Chiefs and Chiefs' fans. I guess selling a book takes precedent over long-standing hatreds of rival teams and cities.

Anyway, he said that the surprise breakout NFL player of next year will be ...
are you ready...
for a complete surprise...
this will truly be a shocker...
okay...

Knowshon Moreno

And he wasn't asked if everyone is expecting Moreno to be a big time player this year how the hell that rates as a surprise?

Frosty
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
ESPN had to bring Shefter in to fact check for Mort.

KCrockaholic
07-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I like That other black dude better anyways.... Whats his name?? damn I hate it when this happens.

veist
07-22-2009, 01:07 PM
The NFLN probably wasn't willing to pay him what ESPN was, also this is old news. LaConfora is the new guy they just brought in, and they were also trying to replace him with Casserly and some other douche. Should have just paid the man what he was worth.

KCrockaholic
07-22-2009, 01:09 PM
The NFLN probably wasn't willing to pay him what ESPN was, also this is old news. LaConfora is the new guy they just brought in, and they were also trying to replace him with Casserly and some other douche. Should have just paid the man what he was worth.

Its funny cuz Adam originally came from ESPN to the NFLN, now hes back with ESPN?

Sure-Oz
07-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Adam and Mort are going to fight it out over scoops on shanny

wild1
07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
After he was wrong about Shanahan not being the head coach of KC, he clearly had to leave NFLN in disgrace

Short Leash Hootie
07-22-2009, 01:26 PM
After he was wrong about Shanahan not being the head coach of KC, he clearly had to leave NFLN in disgrace
Yeah!

-King-
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM

Yeah, because he was the one who was wrong.. :rolleyes: :doh!:

Rain Man
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
If one of those guys leaves, then they must have a hard time sifting through the 8 million qualified resumes to find the next guy.

Those jobs should be paying about $25,000 a year. Supply and demand.

DTLB58
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM

That's what me was thinking.