PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Foxsports.com's Pre-Camp Power Rankings

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 12:51 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

26. Kansas City Chiefs

SUMMER STRENGTH: The fact that there is finally a defined direction at quarterback with Matt Cassel (3,693 yards, 21 TD passes with Patriots in '08) could help right K.C.'s ship sooner rather than later. New Chiefs GM Scott Pioli made an excellent trade to acquire the former Patriot, who now has a big-bucks contract in his chance out of Tom Brady's shadow.

CAMP CONCERN: Of course there are plenty with a 2-14 team from a year ago, but ultimately the team needs to see former star Larry Johnson both perform and behave this summer.

COOL STAT: After carrying the ball 752 times in 2005-06, Johnson has run just 351 times in the past two seasons.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
we are prolly about right for now, but i think buffalo is too high and jacksonville is too low

milkman
07-22-2009, 01:01 PM
we are prolly about right for now, but i think buffalo is too high and jacksonville is too low

I don't know.

David Garrard had one good season as a damn good game manager, and even made a couple of big plays to lift that team in '07, but I think last season is more reflective of the kind of QB he is, and that defense is declining.

Church_Backfield
07-22-2009, 01:03 PM
I think they def have Indy way to low. With the best Qb in the Game, a improved running game and still throwing to Reggie Wayne regardless of harrison being gone. This team atleast is top 7 if not 5 in my book. And as for my beloved chiefs we could slot anywhere from 26-31 and i wouldnt argue. I def think seattle is to low because there defense will bounce back and the offense i dont see being decimated by injuries again. And walter jones is back hope he can stay healthy-ish. Same with the jags i dont think they will be a playoff team but i think its possible. At the end of the year if mjd and the wideouts play better jacksonville is a team that is ranking 12-8 in that range. And finally i think chicago got stiffed a touch. Forte was a beast and was not far off from the roty award and There defense will bounce back with a healthy tommy harris and urlacher. Cutler and the wideouts is the only big time ? i see outside the o-line getting old.

KCtotheSB
07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't know.

David Garrard had one good season as a damn good game manager, and even made a couple of big plays to lift that team in '07, but I think last season is more reflective of the kind of QB he is, and that defense is declining.

I always see Jacksonville as that one team who are either good enough to upset any team at any time AND bad enough to get kicked around by the bottomdwellers at any time.

I wouldn't say they're "mediocre" or "average". They just rarely play up to their potential and the times they do, you wonder how they ever lost before.

...of course, with their retooling of the offense, who knows anymore...

KCUnited
07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
lol.

SUMMER STRENGTH: Well, if owner Pat Bowlen can convince mercurial wideout Brandon Marshall to stay and not force a trade, the Broncos are well-stocked with offensive weapons and depth at every skill position (other than QB, for now).

CoMoChief
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Jax always find ways to choke, Del Rio may be out of a job after this season if they don't make the playoffs.

Frosty
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I always see Jacksonville as that one team who are either good enough to upset any team at any time AND bad enough to get kicked around by the bottomdwellers at any time.

I wouldn't say they're "mediocre" or "average". They just rarely play up to their potential and the times they do, you wonder how they ever lost before.

...of course, with their retooling of the offense, who knows anymore...

Jacksonville seems to be the new '90's Chiefs, IMO.

JuicesFlowing
07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
lol.

SUMMER STRENGTH: Well, if owner Pat Bowlen can convince mercurial wideout Brandon Marshall to stay and not force a trade, the Broncos are well-stocked with offensive weapons and depth at every skill position (other than QB, for now).

Zing!

KC 1
Denver 0

Dirk360
07-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I think they def have Indy way to low. With the best Qb in the Game, a improved running game and still throwing to Reggie Wayne regardless of harrison being gone. This team atleast is top 7 if not 5 in my book. And as for my beloved chiefs we could slot anywhere from 26-31 and i wouldnt argue. I def think seattle is to low because there defense will bounce back and the offense i dont see being decimated by injuries again. And walter jones is back hope he can stay healthy-ish. Same with the jags i dont think they will be a playoff team but i think its possible. At the end of the year if mjd and the wideouts play better jacksonville is a team that is ranking 12-8 in that range. And finally i think chicago got stiffed a touch. Forte was a beast and was not far off from the roty award and There defense will bounce back with a healthy tommy harris and urlacher. Cutler and the wideouts is the only big time ? i see outside the o-line getting old.

Tom Brady isn't on the colts though?

MOhillbilly
07-23-2009, 08:52 AM
I think the Jags,Skins & saints are all ranked high.

with the jags the D is going down hill and the O line is a joke. The skins in year 2 under Zorn we will see campbell pressured to make plays cause the D will be a joke. and with the saints, you dont fix a D that bad in one year.

But who gives a shit its pre-camp rankings:spock:

Cash Cow
07-23-2009, 08:59 AM
But who gives a shit its pre-camp rankings:spock:

Exactly, This list means absolutely crap.

MOhillbilly
07-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Exactly, This list means absolutely crap.

Better than nothin. July is like a month of the Black Death.

Von Dumbass
07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
lol.

From Football Outsiders:
For all the missteps Josh McDaniels may have taken this offseason, acquiring Orton in the Jay Cutler deal may prove to be a masterstroke. Orton was en route to an excellent year before hurting his ankle and coming back too early; he had a DVOA of 18.5% before the injury and -22.9% afterwards. It's admittedly difficult to reconcile Orton's pre-2008 persona with the performance level of a franchise quarterback, but ask yourself this: How would Orton be perceived had he not been rushed into action as a rookie? He'd be an emerging star, not a punchline with a half good season to his name. Credit goes to McDaniels and Brian Xanders for judging the player for what he is, not what he once was.
McGenius :clap:

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2009, 09:20 AM
I don't know.

im not saying jax should be a playoff team, but i still think they are better than 25th team right now.

KCtotheSB
07-23-2009, 09:28 AM
From Football Outsiders:

:whackit::whackit::whackit::whackit:

Kerberos
07-23-2009, 09:49 AM
From Football Outsiders:

:whackit::whackit::whackit::whackit:

This

McJackoff is just about right.

JASONSAUTO
07-23-2009, 11:12 AM
From Football Outsiders:

:

CLAYTHAN: SEE HOW IT'S DONE?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-23-2009, 02:59 PM
The Cardinals were ranked 17th in last year's power ranking training camp edition. Something to be positive about lol.

The Bad Guy
07-23-2009, 03:07 PM
From Football Outsiders:

Here comes KnowShit to try to put out the Bronco flames on this message board.

Yes, I do think he's a McGenius. He's removed a franchise player from your roster and had the worst off-season for a first-time coach that I can ever remember.

I hope you stick around all season so I can rub your nose in Bronco shit all year.

OnTheWarpath58
07-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Too High:

Eagles
Vikings
Cowboys
Buccaneers
Broncos

Too Low:

Chargers
Ravens
Texans
Bears
Rams

Simply Red
07-23-2009, 05:51 PM
we're way off, we should be like 2 or 3.

Kerberos
07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
From Football Outsiders:

McJackoff :whackit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2009&week=0

27 (25) Broncos 8-8-0 Maybe the Broncos' changes actually are ingenious and they're on the upswing, but it's hard to see it. (Kuharsky)

Donks drop 2 (27 from 25) Chiefs remain the same suckage at 29.

Mecca
07-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Too High:

Eagles
Vikings
Cowboys
Buccaneers
Broncos

Too Low:

Chargers
Ravens
Texans
Bears
Rams

I've seen people say the Eagles are going to be the best team in the league this year, there's a ton of hype there.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I've seen people say the Eagles are going to be the best team in the league this year, there's a ton of hype there.

There always is too much hype around the Eagles, then McNabb chokes.

The sky is blue, water is wet, and the Eagles never perform to expectations.