PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jackie Battle and Dantrell Savage

Count Zarth
08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Is there ANY question these guys should make the team? Kolby Smith can't stay healthy and I can't even recall the other scrubs right now.

I absolutely LOVE Battle's relentless running style and acceleration. He charges into the fray like a BEAST. The dude needs carries, STAT.

Savage reminds me so much of Priest Holmes it isn't even funny. He has some quick little feet, and he's small, but tough. I love the guy. And he can catch the football.

Thoughts? I guess Charles will be #2 but I'd love to see them find a way to keep Battle and Savage. I think Savage is still eligible for the PS.

Mecca
08-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Savage seems to fumble more than he should.

chiefs1111
08-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I love the way Battle ran tonight. Savage also ran well..

ArrowheadMagic
08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Savage isnt eligible for the PS because he was active for 8 games last year. Battle... maybe..... but what does he give you that LJ doesnt? Charles isnt going anywhere. Unless Battle can play FB..... and Savage proves he can not fumble ...... draft pick makes it over both.

Chocolate Hog
08-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Savage is slow and yea Battle should make the team.

JuicesFlowing
08-15-2009, 10:15 PM
It would be nice if we had a good Kickoff/Punt returner ...

KCDC
08-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I think Kolby is just about done on this team, unless he has a good exhibition game in a huury.

Tiger's Fan
08-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Savage is a gonner. They'll keep Battle, Charles, and the rookie.

Fuck fumblers.

Buehler445
08-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I really like how Battle is running. He seems to me to be running much faster than last year.

Savage, I really like the kid, but there probably isn't a spot for him. I said last year that they should have carried 5 because of injuries. And they needed it... But probably not this year.

LJ
Charles
N00b
Battle

boogblaster
08-16-2009, 10:10 AM
We are deep in RBs .. all are decent ...

Mr. Krab
08-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Savage doesn't have anywhere near the vision or feel for the running lanes that Priest did. In fact his inability to find the holes is so bad i question whether he will ever make it.

milkman
08-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Savage isnt eligible for the PS because he was active for 8 games last year. Battle... maybe..... but what does he give you that LJ doesnt? Charles isnt going anywhere. Unless Battle can play FB..... and Savage proves he can not fumble ...... draft pick makes it over both.

Better vision and more power.

KCUnited
08-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Savage doesn't just get tackled, he gets blown up whether its a run play or on a return and he puts that ball on the ground as a result. Special teams is the only way he makes this squad and I just don't see him being that guy.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Savage is too small. He doesn't have the size and will get blown up easily. Battle on the other hand, does, to go along with pretty good vision, speed, and power..Clearly, he is #2 RB on the team =, and a surprise this year.

Micjones
08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Battle will probably make the team.
I'm not so sure about Savage.

Count Zarth
08-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Better vision and more power.

I remember when you were pimping Kolby Smith over LJ, too.

ROFL

CoMoChief
08-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Savage reminds you of Priest Holmes?!?!? How?

If anything Kolby Smith is a lot like Priest Holmes.

the Talking Can
08-16-2009, 11:57 AM
savage and holmes?

ROFL

:doh!:

battle makes the team for sure unless he starts fumbling, we need some more power with this OL,,,,

milkman
08-16-2009, 11:57 AM
I remember when you were pimping Kolby Smith over LJ, too.

ROFL

Kolby Smith also has better vision than LJ.

LJ is what he is.

You give him a hole he'll run through it.

The question, when he gets into the second level will he lower his shoulder and punish the secondary like he did earlier in his career, or will he continue the pussified style he ran with last year?

And yes, I'd rather have Kolby Smith than LJ.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 11:59 AM
They have urinals at Arrowhead!!!1
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Funny how Marty could never find a good RB, and now it seems we are always stacked at that position.

smittysbar
08-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Battle runs good, he also dropped 15 pounds in the off season.

Savage......blaaa......that run at the goal line last night was pretty bad, he tried tip toeing when he need to power through. That and the fact that he CAN'T hold on to the fucking ball, see ya.

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I think LJ better keep his game up. If Haley really is serious about competition, he may have a hard time keeping Battle on the bench (same may go for Brodie).

KCUnited
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Jackie Battle also recorded 2 tackles on special teams, that's how you make a Todd Hailey team.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Kolby Smith also has better vision than LJ.

LJ is what he is.

You give him a hole he'll run through it.

The question, when he gets into the second level will he lower his shoulder and punish the secondary like he did earlier in his career, or will he continue the pussified style he ran with last year?

And yes, I'd rather have Kolby Smith than LJ.

LMAO and you say i'm a moron. Kolby Smith hasn't done SHIT in the NFL. You love to project what players can do like you project your homosexual fantasies. What a moron.

Mr. Krab
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd trade LJ for Glen Coffee(49ers) right now.

Buehler445
08-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I'd trade LJ for Glen Coffee(49ers) right now.

Was he with Bama last year?

Mr. Krab
08-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Was he with Bama last year?
Yea, he reminds me of Marion Barber.

Buehler445
08-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Yea, he reminds me of Marion Barber.

Is he even gonna get playing time with Gore still there?

When Bama was good, they interviewed him. Dumb as a rock. Not that being dumb precludes him from running the ball well, but yeah.

Mr. Krab
08-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Is he even gonna get playing time with Gore still there?

When Bama was good, they interviewed him. Dumb as a rock. Not that being dumb precludes him from running the ball well, but yeah.
He's gonna be stuck behind Gore. He runs hard, good balance and can even catch the ball a little bit.

milkman
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
LMAO and you say i'm a moron. Kolby Smith hasn't done SHIT in the NFL. You love to project what players can do like you project your homosexual fantasies. What a moron.

I'm pretty tired of your dumb ass.

This has nothing to do with projecting, and everything to do with effort.

RBs are a dime a dozen, with just a couple of exceptions, and LJ ain't one of those exceptions.

I can't stand LJ because he hasn't ever given 100% effort in every aspect of his responsibilities as RB.

LJ is a more talented RB, but Smith gives 100% effort, and in this case, I'll take the guy who gives me effort every time.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty tired of your dumb ass.

This has nothing to do with projecting, and everything to do with effort.

RBs are a dime a dozen, with just a couple of exceptions, and LJ ain't one of those exceptions.

I can't stand LJ because he hasn't ever given 100% effort in every aspect of his responsibilities as RB.

LJ is a more talented RB, but Smith gives 100% effort, and in this case, I'll take the guy who gives me effort every time.

Then use the ignore button you stupid fuck.

RB's are a dime a dozen really? There one of the easiest postions to draft. So you'll take the guy who can't even get 1 yard when the game is on the line opposed to the guy who can? Thats enough of you Herm.

acasas4
08-16-2009, 05:53 PM
This could be why Savage reminds some of Priest.http://www.standard.net/live/sports/profootball/177212

Skip Towne
08-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Then use the ignore button you stupid fuck.

RB's are a dime a dozen really? There one of the easiest postions to draft. So you'll take the guy who can't even get 1 yard when the game is on the line opposed to the guy who can? Thats enough of you Herm.

I took your advice. Good bye.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I took your advice. Good bye.

See ya doucherocket

milkman
08-16-2009, 09:57 PM
See ya doucherocket

It's really amazing.

You don't see a pattern here?

People putting you on ignore. almost everyone thinking you're an idiot, or worse.

Yet you continue to stand firm in your stupidity.

It's like shitting your diaper and enjoying sleeping it.

DeezNutz
08-16-2009, 09:58 PM

And finally we're back to talking about LJ.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2009, 10:58 PM
It's really amazing.

People putting you on ignore. almost everyone thinking you're an idiot, or worse.

The same people putting me on ignore are the same morons I don't want to talk to anyway. These are the same ones who overlook Mayo being defensive rookie of the year while bitching about anyway who talks about Dorsey. You think Kolby Smith is a better player then LJ thats LOL.

Second of all grow up. Seriously the only opinon you've posted about football is ridiculous and as if your avatar and sig weren't childish enough the name calling is.

Direckshun
08-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Savage can't run the corners. He's a purely between-the-tackles RB.

How many between-the-tackles RBs thrive in this league that weigh less than 180 lbs?

sparkky
08-17-2009, 06:05 AM
I also thought Battle looked pretty good. I can't imagine him not making the team at present rate of effort and production.

Savage, well he may be looking for a job somewhere.

Skip Towne
08-17-2009, 07:18 AM
How did we acquire Battle?

Count Zarth
08-17-2009, 07:20 AM
How did we acquire Battle?

UDFA we picked up after Dallas cut him.

I was pimping him in training camp reports two years ago. How you like them apples? :p

Skip Towne
08-17-2009, 07:35 AM
UDFA we picked up after Dallas cut him.

I was pimping him in training camp reports two years ago. How you like them apples? :p

Call Pioli NOW. He should put you on the payroll.

Mr. Krab
08-17-2009, 09:22 AM
A smallish running back in the NFL needs to have the instinct and ability to slip tackles and avoid the big hit. Savage does not either and his NFL shelf life is limited at best. It's only a matter of time before he gets smashed and fumbles the ball more. Not to mention getting hurt. The Chiefs probably just need to move on.

Count Zarth
08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Call Pioli NOW. He should put you on the payroll.

I'd be a consultant, nothing more. I can't take the heavy grind of the NFL work week.

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 09:11 PM
See ya doucherocket

It's really amazing.

It's all about the love.LMAO

milkman
08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
The same people putting me on ignore are the same morons I don't want to talk to anyway. These are the same ones who overlook Mayo being defensive rookie of the year while bitching about anyway who talks about Dorsey. You think Kolby Smith is a better player then LJ thats LOL.

Second of all grow up. Seriously the only opinon you've posted about football is ridiculous and as if your avatar and sig weren't childish enough the name calling is.

I call you names because you're a ****ing dipshit who clearly has no clue and has no reading comprehension.

I never said that Smith is better than LJ, and clearly stated that LJ is more talented, though Smith does have better vision.

I said, I'd rather have Smith because LJ is a uselesss bastard that hasn't put in the work to improve the areas that he doesn't do well, areas like blocking that would help the team, and giving max effort on catching passes out of the backfield.

His failures in these area have cost the team.

I'd rather have the guy that does the work.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=milkman;5983023]

blah blah blah blah blha blah

QUOTE]

Thats why the Chiefs haven't won a game the past few seasons when LJ doesn't play.

Raised On Riots
08-18-2009, 04:01 PM
[quote=milkman;5983023]

QUOTE]

LMAO This is awesome.

milkman
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
[quote=milkman;5983023]

QUOTE]

Thats why the Chiefs haven't won a game the past few seasons when LJ doesn't play.

Yeah, and they've won so many games when he's been in the last two years.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE]

LMAO This is awesome.

Yea whats funny is LJ is a worthless bastard yet when he runs over 100 yards the team usually wins, and Kolny Smith can't even get a yard on 4th and 1.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 04:04 PM
[quote=billay;5983084]

Yeah, and they've won so many games when he's been in the last two years.

The Chiefs won 23 games in 2 seasons when he was the starter. LJ must have beat the common sense out of you. I knew you were a bitch for a reason.

Raised On Riots
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Let the Arms Race begin!

milkman
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
The Chiefs won 23 games in 2 seasons when he was the starter. LJ must have beat the common sense out of you. I knew you were a bitch for a reason.

They won 23 games in two seasons, before the O-Line went completely to crap.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 04:08 PM
They won 23 games in two seasons, before the O-Line went completely to crap.

No moron, The line was crap in 06 and LJ still ran for 1,500 yards. The year before he still ran for 100 yard games without Roaf. How many games has Kolby Smith won?

milkman
08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
No moron, The line was crap in 06 and LJ still ran for 1,500 yards. The year before he still ran for 100 yard games without Roaf. How many games has Kolby Smith won?

The line still had Shields and Wiegman in '06.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 04:14 PM
The line still had Shields and Wiegman in '06.

Yea but Sheilds was washed up. The tackles were Black/Turley/Terry/and whoever else sucked. Piss on Herm

milkman
08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Yea but Sheilds was washed up. The tackles were Black/Turley/Terry/and whoever else sucked. Piss on Herm

Let's see if we can find another patch of solid ground.

Shields was clearly on the decline, but even 10 years from now, he'd still be better than Adrian Jones.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Let's see if we can find another patch of solid ground.

Shields was clearly on the decline, but even 10 years from now, he'd still be better than Adrian Jones.

I agree. Look at who Herm had playing the right side it was always gys who hadn't started in a few seasons.

Beerthirty
08-18-2009, 05:55 PM
I imagine Kolby goes on the PUP list for I think 7 weeks. Not sure I remember how long. That way if Larry makes the team and gets paid. They have another runner in case Larry Lays down or someone gets hurt.