PDA

View Full Version : Life Found the perfect home for my family

Mr. Plow
08-16-2009, 08:28 PM
We own a lot of property that we are going to build on - and our plan was to build in a year to a year & 1/2. We've been going out to open houses just looking for idea's and such. Today, we walked through a house in the neighborhood we are going to build. Perfect for us. 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, around 3,000 sq. ft. And the price is right. We loved it so much so that we are contemplating scraping our build a house idea.

Unfortunately, we are no where ready to sell our current home. We still have some trim work to do in our newly finished basement. The backyard needs a lot of work. Both bathrooms need redone. Need new flooring in the kitchen, living room, bathrooms, and entry. Among countless other little things.

Oy vey....you ever feel like you are step behind the perfect situation?

PastorMikH
08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't know why, but when I read the title, the image of finding for your family like finding a home to dump an unwanted pet popped into my mind.

JD10367
08-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't know why, but when I read the title, the image of finding for your family like finding a home to dump an unwanted pet popped into my mind.

LOL, that'd be a good Craigslist ad.

"WANTED: a home for my family. Two bratty kids, one boy, one girl. Possibility the boy is a fru-fru, he likes musicals but he's only 9 so time will tell. Two dogs, one older and incontinent; consideration will be given, in the form of a case of paper towels to clean up dog shit, or a revolver with one bullet in case you want to take care of the dog yourself. Wife is decent enough; doesn't like sex, but on the plus side is a heavy sleeper if you move quietly enough. Sometimes can nag and yell, especially if you come home drunk a lot; considerations also will be given, in the form of an extra bullet. All three are well-trained and will do light housework, in addition wife shows promise in areas of housepainting and oil changes. Will take a good mid-80s Camaro in trade, low mileage preferred, but willing to negotiate for alternate equipment such as barbecue grill and HDTV." :D

Phobia
08-16-2009, 08:44 PM
This seems like a good thread to talk about some of the fall specials for Edgewood Construction.

PastorMikH
08-16-2009, 08:52 PM
This seems like a good thread to talk about some of the fall specials for Edgewood Construction.

If you hire them right now, Phobia promises to wear overalls so you want have to deal with Plumber's Crack while he's bent over working on floors, cabinets, etc.

Now THAT'S A DEAL!

JD10367
08-16-2009, 08:57 PM
If you hire them right now, Phobia promises to wear overalls so you want have to deal with Plumber's Crack while he's bent over working on floors, cabinets, etc.

http://www.fileitunder.com/uploaded_images/unexpected_plumbers_crack-702689.jpg http://208.101.19.88/coolbuddy/PictureGallery/plumbers_crack.jpg

Rain Man
08-16-2009, 09:17 PM
My wife and I have a fine home and we refinanced at the perfect time, so we've got (for the price) a pretty low house payment. The house has been completely rehabbed after 11 years, so we don't even have work to do other than normal maintenance.

But we were walking in our neighborhood and saw a mini-mansion for sale a couple of blocks from our house. The previous owners had lived there 50 years and passed away, and it's for sale for a screaming deal. It's just like our house was when we first bought it: structurally very solid, but needs tons of updating. We went in and thought, "Wow. We could really enjoy living here." It's got a gorgeous circular entryway and the dining room could probably seat 15 to 20 people, and it's got twin master suites with cool retro bathrooms. It was serious enough that we actually got a Realtor to come and tell us what we could sell our house for, and in this market that finally brought us to our senses. The house was way more than we needed and would've added a whole lot of unnecessary debt.

DeezNutz
08-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Eh.

Don't get too worried about it. There are a million houses, and just as sure as this is the "perfect" one now, you'll find another "perfect" one in 12-18 months.

Mr. Plow
08-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Eh.

Don't get too worried about it. There are a million houses, and just as sure as this is the "perfect" one now, you'll find another "perfect" one in 12-18 months.

Exactly how I feel. But, the wife REALLY loved it. I'm hoping after a few days, this will blow over because she started my "List" tonight. I'm screwed.

I'm hoping that either they are going to sell the house quick and I'll be off the hook. Or, it will sit on the market and we might look at buying it later. Either way, I win.