PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hahahaha, Petro's a freakin' moron as usual.

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 01:40 PM
He just said he thinks Cassel could benched in favor of one of the other QB's by mid season if he's stinking up the joint.

He hopes Haley would follow this course of action.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 01:41 PM
No, he didn't say "he will."

Petro said that it's a possibility that Haley could do this as a motivational tool, if he believed it would help. Petro also said that he wasn't saying that he (Petro) thought this would be the right thing to do.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 01:42 PM
He also said the Cardinals drafted Leinart after they had Warner which is wrong...

It'd be nice if he'd use a real example instead of a conjured one.

Mr. Krab
Stupid, Croyle looked better because he was playing with our starting wide receivers. I'm sure the Texans also had some backups in.

DeezNutz
All said this would be a drastic measure.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 01:43 PM
As far as sports-talk radio goes, Petro does a very nice job.

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 01:43 PM

Petro said that it's a possibility that Haley could do this as a motivational tool, if he believed it would help. Petro also said that he wasn't saying that he (Petro) thought this would be the right thing to do.

Cool! Cassel and Bowe on the bench; EPIC WIN!

PIOLI!LMAO

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Promulgating that theory is absurd. Totally absurd. COMPLETELY absurd.

Valiant
08-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Well he did go with Warner over Leinhart though didn't he.. You go with whoever is hot..

Nzoner
08-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Not only as a motivational tool but to also cover his ass on his comment about being able to win more than 2 games with guys off the street.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Well he did go with Warner over Leinhart though didn't he.. You go with whoever is hot..

That's great and all but he acted like Leinart was drafted by those coaches, Warner was already there and they desperately wanted Leinart to win the job cause he was their guy.

None of that is remotely true, that was the problem with the example.

Nzoner
08-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that Petro doesn't care much for Boal?

Mecca
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM

I always get the feeling that Petro talks to Boal with contempt like a hardcore fan talks to a casual fan. I think deep down Petro thinks Boal is just some news guy who really doesn't know shit.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM

Couple of snarky comments, for sure. Petro does the same thing with KK.

Molitoth
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Petro is better then the rest of them.

Raised On Riots
I hate every sports shit head in the KC media except Lenny. I would seriously rather get my sports from Bryan Busby.

the Talking Can

petro thinks he's better than everybody...it what makes him so hard to listen to....

Mr. Krab
08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Petro is better then the rest of them.
Petro sure thinks he's better, he also thinks he's better than the fans in general. He's an arrogant ass who has constantly work to hide that arrogance when he talks.

Dayze
08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
it's because Petro is an arrogant prick.
Sure, most of his stuff is legit etc; but God forbit a caller/colleague etc offer a dissenting opinion.

At that point, he gets his sh*t stained panties in a bunch and cries like a baby.

wild1
08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Remember when Petro was good?

Guru
08-17-2009, 01:59 PM
After seeing him for 1.25 quarters. Genius.

Dayze
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM

No.
:D

Dayze
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
After seeing him for 1.25 quarters. Genious.

FYP :thumb:

Guru
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
FYP :thumb:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/genius

Dayze
08-17-2009, 02:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/genius

yeah, I was just using some CP lexicon/spelling to aggree with the sarasm applied to Petro's analysis.
:p

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I hate every sports shit head in the KC media except Lenny. I would seriously rather get my sports from Bryan Busby.

Let me add that I love Mitch, but I see him as more of a play by play announcer and in-house commodity at One Arrowhead Drive.

KCUnited
08-17-2009, 02:05 PM
He also burnt 10 minutes of radio eating a fucking bomb pop, c'mon.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2009, 02:06 PM
As far as sports-talk radio goes, Petro does a very nice job.

Yep.

Not sure why everyone crushes Petro. Get outside of the KC area every now and again. The man is very good at his job.

He has to fill a lot of time every week. You're not going to agree with everything he says.

That doesn't mean he's not an excellent sports radio guy.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Yep.

Not sure why everyone crushes Petro. Get outside of the KC area every now and again. The man is very good at his job.

He has to fill a lot of time every week. You're not going to agree with everything he says.

That doesn't mean he's not an excellent sports radio guy.

Because see he's "arrogant" knowing what you're talking about is not cool in this market.

Demonpenz
08-17-2009, 02:08 PM
GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE MIKE SWEENEY IS NOT THE PROBLEM

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 02:08 PM

Actually I do. Before he quit/left the market and came back in his current incarnation, he had a good show and was a little more humble.

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 02:09 PM
He also burnt 10 minutes of radio eating a fucking bomb pop, c'mon.

Don't forget Danny's ice-cream weed! LMAO

Dayze
08-17-2009, 02:10 PM
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/espnradiostations/i/pittsburgh/airstaff/airstaff_madden330.jpg

could be worse, I suppose. We could be forced to listen to this D-bag out of Pittsburgh.
The Homer of all Homers.

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
See, right now Keitz is "getting it". He just nailed that shit with a jack hammer.

Not that I think he's awesome, just sayin'

Mecca
08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Mark Madden.....he worked in the wrestling industry for about 15 years also...

Guru
08-17-2009, 02:12 PM
yeah, I was just using some CP lexicon/spelling to aggree with the sarasm applied to Petro's analysis.
:p:doh!:Gotcha. LMAO:thumb:

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 02:13 PM
GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE MIKE SWEENEY IS NOT THE PROBLEM

LMAO.

Vintage Petro.

As for his perceived arrogance, yeah, the dude thinks he knows a little bit about sports. But he usually has the research to back his opinions. Furthermore, if he didn't have a bit of an attitude, his show would be boring as fuck.

Petro is, easily, an above average talk-radio host, and KC is lucky to have him.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
LMAO.

Vintage Petro.

As for his perceived arrogance, yeah, the dude thinks he knows a little bit about sports. But he usually has the research to back his opinions. Furthermore, if he didn't have a bit of an attitude, his show would be boring as ****.

Petro is, easily, an above average talk-radio host, and KC is lucky to have him.

His JOB is sports. Of course the guy is arrogant, you would be, too.

If you did nothing but talk/research sports for a living and you had to deal with dipshits like ROR calling you a moron because he doesn't agree with you, you'd have to slap a bitch every now and then, too.

It's guys like Kevin Slaten in St. Louis that are completely intolerable. Arrogant dickheads that don't do the work. He doesn't put in the time/research, all he does is grind axes and ambush sports figures.

Petro is professional, he's informed, he's opinionated and provocative. He's very good.

KCUnited
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Don't forget Danny's ice-cream weed! LMAO
Felt like I was listening to the radio version of Wild Hogs there for minute.

Dayze
08-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Don’t get me wrong here; I think Petro’s show is definitely the best in KC; however, there times when he comes across way to pompous.

Caller: “Thanks for taking my call. I think Blue is a neat color…
*interrupts
Petro: “No no no. See, that’s where you’re wrong. It’s not blue, it’s Orange that’s the cool color. I don’t know how many times I can say this until people start listening. You’re wrong. Anyway…let me take this time to tell you about the new Hardee’s Thick burger…”

Dayze
08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Mark Madden.....he worked in the wrestling industry for about 15 years also...

Seriously?
man, I didn't know that.

But it's very fitting. He should go back.
I've only seen/heard him on the "Top 10" shows on NFLN....and the 5 second sound bites from him are enough to make me want to take hostages.

Mr. Krab
LMAO.

Vintage Petro.

As for his perceived arrogance, yeah, the dude thinks he knows a little bit about sports. But he usually has the research to back his opinions. Furthermore, if he didn't have a bit of an attitude, his show would be boring as fuck.

Wow, look at Nutz licking Petro's nuts.

DeezNutz
His JOB is sports. Of course the guy is arrogant, you would be, too.

If you did nothing but talk/research sports for a living and you had to deal with dipshits like ROR calling you a moron because he doesn't agree with you, you'd have to slap a bitch every now and then, too.

It's guys like Kevin Slaten in St. Louis that are completely intolerable. Arrogant dickheads that don't do the work. He doesn't put in the time/research, all he does is grind axes and ambush sports figures.

Petro is professional, he's informed, he's opinionated and provocative. He's very good.

People, in all seriousness, called his show around draft time and asked whether the Chiefs should select Chase Daniel in the first three rounds.

Think about this for a second. Now, the first time one hears this question, one could respond politely. What about the 17th time?

Seriously, some of us take the third-grade saying, "There's no such thing as a stupid question" too far. Yes, there is such a thing, and some of us are happy to point it out when we encounter one.

As a larger point, show me someone who isn't arrogant, at the very least VERY confident in his work, and I'll show you someone who sucks at his job.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Seriously?
man, I didn't know that.

But it's very fitting. He should go back.
I've only seen/heard him on the "Top 10" shows on NFLN....and the 5 second sound bites from him are enough to make me want to take hostages.

He worked for WCW for a long time as a backstage internet guy then he was one of the announcers for awhile.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow, look at Nutz licking Petro's nuts.

You're right. It's a lot better to misrepresent what someone says and then bitch about all those "arrogant" douches.

nychief
08-17-2009, 02:31 PM
the problem with these gas bags is they have too much time to fill... I mean Cassell has thrown 5 passes in preseason and you are floating an opinion that if the doesn't play well he may get benched eventually? Great. Good work there. Any other variables you want to hypothesize about? I get it... the royals are an abortion, the chiefs are in preseason - college news... it is slim pickings... but come on.

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 02:32 PM

The day that fat sack of shit "bitch-slaps" me, is the day I come and shine your shoes.

Demonpenz
08-17-2009, 02:32 PM
they have to talk alot why can't they do some nba or hockey? Oh wait we don't have teams here. Go sprint center

wild1
08-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Actually I do. Before he quit/left the market and came back in his current incarnation, he had a good show and was a little more humble.

That incarnation on 980 (?) is what I remember. Sports radio in bigger cities is better. Greater ability to attract on-air talent perhaps.

beach tribe
08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
People, in all seriousness, called his show around draft time and asked whether the Chiefs should select Chase Daniel in the first three rounds.

Think about this for a second. Now, the first time one hears this question, one could respond politely. What about the 17th time?

Seriously, some of us take the third-grade saying, "There's no such thing as a stupid question" too far. Yes, there is such a thing, and some of us are happy to point it out when we encounter one.

As a larger point, show me someone who isn't arrogant, at the very least VERY confident in his work, and I'll show you someone who sucks at his job.

Does he not screen his calls?

I mean really?

Chocolate Hog
08-17-2009, 02:37 PM
This town takes pre-season games too seriously

Dayze
08-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I do like listening to him in football season, more than any other time of the year.

Hearing him go on and on…….and on about Pitch Counts etc….makes me sick.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Does he not screen his calls?

I mean really?

The dipshits are among us. They're everywhere111

DJ's left nut
08-17-2009, 02:44 PM

I'd have had to kill someone in April if I were him.

The Royals had fluked into an 18-11 start and anyone with half a brain could see that there were serious smoke and mirrors involved.

Petro dares say something relatively benign when Jayson Stark was on there (yeah, those 2 don't know shit about baseball...). It wasn't even that bad, Stark says that he doesn't think the Royals are for real, Petro says he definitely sees where they have some flaws.

Suddenly he spends the next 3 days listening to jackasses ranging from construction workers to real-estate agents berate him for being a prick. Setting aside the fact that the two of them couldn't have been more right, how the hell does joe six-pack feel empowered to take personal shots at them.

At worst, Petro opens himself up for reasoned disagreement. He always supports his position and generally welcomes intelligent discourse. He gets glib when people take shots across the bow and get indignant when they can't bring an argument of their own to the party. He justifiably recognizes that his opinion is 99% of the time more informed than yours and seems understandably annoyed when people take umbrage with being told as such, especially when those same people don't even attempt to do the legwork that Petro has.

If you come at Petro reasonably, he'll do the same.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 02:47 PM
If I had a show and I got 50 calls about KU or MU players getting drafted in the first round when they weren't good prospects I'd probably lose my mind.

I now await the Todd Reesing calls.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
I'd have had to kill someone in April if I were him.

The Royals had fluked into an 18-11 start and anyone with half a brain could see that there were serious smoke and mirrors involved.

Petro dares say something relatively benign when Jayson Stark was on there (yeah, those 2 don't know shit about baseball...). It wasn't even that bad, Stark says that he doesn't think the Royals are for real, Petro says he definitely sees where they have some flaws.

Suddenly he spends the next 3 days listening to jackasses ranging from construction workers to real-estate agents berate him for being a prick. Setting aside the fact that the two of them couldn't have been more right, how the hell does joe six-pack feel empowered to take personal shots at them.

At worst, Petro opens himself up for reasoned disagreement. He always supports his position and generally welcomes intelligent discourse. He gets glib when people take shots across the bow and get indignant when they can't bring an argument of their own to the party. He justifiably recognizes that his opinion is 99% of the time more informed than yours and seems understandably annoyed when people take umbrage with being told as such, especially when those same people don't even attempt to do the legwork that Petro has.

If you come at Petro reasonably, he'll do the same.

Absolutely.

And the catch with his show, which separates it from many, is that he asks the callers what their solution to the problem should or could be.

It's pretty easy to call in and say that someone like Trey Hillman or Dayton Moore is a terrible at his job, but when you're asked whom you believe should replace either of these guys, what the solution should be, it takes another level of knowledge.

Most can't keep up, and so the host must be "an arrogant douche" for, excuse the redundancy, calling the caller on his/her ignorance.

Chocolate Hog
08-17-2009, 02:55 PM
If I had a show and I got 50 calls about KU or MU players getting drafted in the first round when they weren't good prospects I'd probably lose my mind.

I now await the Todd Reesing calls.

One guy called and suggested that the Chiefs should sign that back up QB who never played at Mizzou. He compared the guy to Tom Brady lol

Demonpenz
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
people are going to be saying OPEN UP THE WALLET come the royals offseason few of them will know that abreu and dye are about all that is out there right now

DJ's left nut
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Actually, I'll go ahead and plead guilty to one of these things:

Nick Wright.

I'll have to go the ROR route and call that guy an arrogant douchebag. I listened to him when I was in town for a couple of days because the 810 folks were talking about volleyball or something. Wright spent both days not talking about sports, but himself. Telling everyone how awesome he was and how everyone's just hating on him for being the youngest host in KC history or some nonsense. He had his phone guy call someone back that called him the day before. He made him sit on hold for 20 minutes then gave him 2 minutes of 'rebuttal' at the end of the segment; then shut him down after about 30 seconds "until the end of the next segment, when I'll let you speak again..."

Now THAT guy is a prick. Petro talks about sports, Wright talks about himself. There's the difference.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
people are going to be saying OPEN UP THE WALLET come the royals offseason few of them will know that abreu and dye are about all that is out there right now

Bullshit.

If equipped with enough money, Moore will be able to uncover another Farnsworth or HoRam. Or maybe another CF with a short list of injuries, like Crisp. Or a...fuck.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 03:04 PM

Nick Wright.

I'll have to go the ROR route and call that guy an arrogant douchebag. I listened to him when I was in town for a couple of days because the 810 folks were talking about volleyball or something. Wright spent both days not talking about sports, but himself. Telling everyone how awesome he was and how everyone's just hating on him for being the youngest host in KC history or some nonsense. He had his phone guy call someone back that called him the day before. He made him sit on hold for 20 minutes then gave him 2 minutes of 'rebuttal' at the end of the segment; then shut him down after about 30 seconds "until the end of the next segment, when I'll let you speak again..."

Now THAT guy is a prick. Petro talks about sports, Wright talks about himself. There's the difference.

Wright posts on here. At least he has in the past.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Wright posts on here. At least he has in the past.

Be that as it may, I still thought he was a dickhead and haven't flipped back over to 610 since. That was some petty !@#$ right there.

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Be that as it may, I still thought he was a dickhead and haven't flipped back over to 610 since. That was some petty !@#$ right there.

Yeah, just mentioned it as an aside. Nothing more, and certainly not a word of caution against criticism.

I remember responding to his post, essentially telling him not to follow the model set forth by 610's other shows if he hoped to be successful.

That entire station is a sack of shit.

Dayze
08-17-2009, 03:13 PM
That entire station is a sack of shit.

Twibell...
Chris and Cowboy.

whoa....that is garbaaaage.
oh, and Rome at lunchtime.

could there be more of a sh*t lineup? lol

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Twibell...
Chris and Cowboy.

whoa....that is garbaaaage.
oh, and Rome at lunchtime.

could there be more of a sh*t lineup? lol

Rome here..............................................................with the clones.........................talkin' football....................................yeah........ok..........................

Dayze
08-17-2009, 03:22 PM
don't forget the rustling of 'emails' into the microphone.

God...what a horrid show that is. How does Rome stay on the air. his whole 'schtick' is to read emails that are from 'someone'; this someone is always 'ironic' as it applies to the topic.

God. god god...what a horrible show.
"Rome............Mike Vick should never be let back into the league because of his gambling................signed.............Pete Rose'............Classic. Epic."

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 03:26 PM
don't forget the rustling of 'emails' into the microphone.

God...what a horrid show that is. How does Rome stay on the air. his whole 'schtick' is to read emails that are from 'someone'; this someone is always 'ironic' as it applies to the topic.

God. god god...what a horrible show.
"Rome............Mike Vick should never be let back into the league because of his gambling................signed.............Pete Rose'............Classic. Epic."

"So my pee-hole was on fire.........................................................yeah................................... ..had the gonorrhea...........................................hurt like hell!.........................................................let's see what the clones think".

KCUnited
08-17-2009, 03:34 PM

Nick Wright.

I liked Nick a lot before he moved to 9-11. I swear I heard him one day say that nobody knows more about Chiefs football than he does and that he shouldn't be questioned on it. He's gotten too big for his britches. This coming from the guy that thought Pioli should have kept Herm. I will give it up to him for responding to emails though, he's good about that.

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Anybody else get a super-awesome private message a while ago?

Sure-Oz
08-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I always get the feeling that Petro talks to Boal with contempt like a hardcore fan talks to a casual fan. I think deep down Petro thinks Boal is just some news guy who really doesn't know shit.

But Boal and Keitz are pals!

Dayze
08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
As much as KK annoys me at times on the radio, I thought he did do a nice job on the Chiefs pre-game etc.

Isn’t KK part owner of WHB?

DaWolf
08-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey, whatever gets W's. But unless the supporting cast turns out to be more talented than it is looking, none of the QB's are going to look amazing out there. More likely we'll be moving back to the Pistol offense by week 4...

KCUnited
08-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey, whatever gets W's. But unless the supporting cast turns out to be more talented than it is looking, none of the QB's are going to look amazing out there. More likely we'll be moving back to the Pistol offense by week 4...
So what do you suggest we do to get the supporting cast more talented? /Petro

Raised On Riots
08-17-2009, 04:30 PM
So what do you suggest we do to get the supporting cast more talented? /Petro

Scratch our gheytee and chant "I am the Walrus" three times.