L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2009, 11:02 PM
bout faqing time

Jethopper
08-17-2009, 11:02 PM
= )

KCrockaholic
08-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Sweet:) I dont care if his Madden rating is only a 59 lol.

58kcfan89
08-17-2009, 11:13 PM
bout faqing time

This. I remember when people were doing Mock Drafts for 2008 the day after the 2007 draft and he was supposed to be a first round pick....

Either way, he can't be that much worse than McIntosh...can he?

aturnis
08-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Didn't watch him in camp this year. Watched last year, and he SAWKED!

pr_capone
08-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I would love to see McIntosh reduced to being nothing more than Succoup's baggage handler.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2009, 11:32 PM
I hope ScInsosh is on a bus back to SUCKTOWN because they've been waiting on his ass for 2 years.

KCtotheSB
08-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Whatever gets McIntosh a little bit closer to packing his bags....
Shit, stick Colquitt in there instead.

Count Zarth
08-18-2009, 12:40 AM
I hope he can pass block as well as McIntosh. Because despite his faults, McIntosh HAS improved his pass blocking. The notion that he sucks completely is an urban legend.

If B-Rich can pass block well enough his size could be a real asset in the running game, however.

suds79
08-18-2009, 07:17 AM
I have a hard time believing that Richardson is any more nimble than Sackintosh.

I'll never understand why that guy wasn't moved to Guard.

But whatever. It's worth a shot. We have knowns & unknowns.

Known - McIntosh at this point in his career is a bad RT.

Unknown - Richardson at RT.

One thing I do like about it is that IMO every good team has to get something (at least 2 starting spots) out of late picks on the O-line. Can't afford to have all 1st & 2nd round picks on there. About time they try to get something out of the later picks.

TEX
08-18-2009, 07:46 AM
I hope he can pass block as well as McIntosh. Because despite his faults, McIntosh HAS improved his pass blocking. The notion that he sucks completely is an urban legend.

If B-Rich can pass block well enough his size could be a real asset in the running game, however.

More like he sucks less at pass blocking, but the guy is totally worthless as a run blocker. Shoot, he's not even quick enough to take up space by getting in the way. Having siad that, I've seen nothing out of Richardson to make me believe he's any better - not saying he can't be though.

KCUnited
08-18-2009, 07:51 AM
FWIW, Teicher was on the radio this morning and said he looked like dog crap and is not having a good camp. FWIW.

KCChiefsMan
08-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Sweet:) I dont care if his Madden rating is only a 59 lol.

its a good thing that on Madden that a 59 lineman is just as good as a 99

Casselvania
08-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Whatever gets McIntosh a little bit closer to packing his bags....
Shit, stick Colquitt in there instead.

LMAO I agree!

Mr. Laz
08-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Every Chiefs fan that is paying attention hopes that somebody can provide an upgrade at right tackle for us.

If Richardson can kick MacINsuck out of the lineup then fantastic.

tomahawk kid
08-18-2009, 11:24 AM
FWIW, Teicher was on the radio this morning and said he looked like dog crap and is not having a good camp. FWIW.

You could take that quote from "Always Positive" Adam and apply it to any player he's covered for the past 15 training camps.

I'm not saying Richardson is any good at all, but Teicher is a bitter, frustrated reporter and it shows in his work.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
I have a hard time believing that Richardson is any more nimble than Sackintosh.

I'll never understand why that guy wasn't moved to Guard.

But whatever. It's worth a shot. We have knowns & unknowns.

Known - McIntosh at this point in his career is a bad RT.

Unknown - Richardson at RT.

One thing I do like about it is that IMO every good team has to get something (at least 2 starting spots) out of late picks on the O-line. Can't afford to have all 1st & 2nd round picks on there. About time they try to get something out of the later picks.

Nimble? Nimble? WTF?

A right tackle is supposed to be a ROAD GRADER, not "nimble". Ever heard the expression "running downhill"? That's supposed to happen on the right side of your offensive line. That's where your run game is supposed to exist.

ScIntosh is "okay" at pass blocking on the right side (he was awful on the left) but he can't run block for shit.

Which is exactly why the Chiefs couldn't sustain a drive OR score in goal line situations.

No PUSH?

No run game.

suds79
08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Nimble? Nimble? WTF?

A right tackle is supposed to be a ROAD GRADER, not "nimble". Ever heard the expression "running downhill"? That's supposed to happen on the right side of your offensive line. That's where your run game is supposed to exist.

ScIntosh is "okay" at pass blocking on the right side (he was awful on the left) but he can't run block for shit.

Which is exactly why the Chiefs couldn't sustain a drive OR score in goal line situations.

No PUSH?

No run game.

Ah give me Tackles who can pass protect. So I'll take nimble... Leave the road graders for the fatties in the middle. ;)

Just my opinion.

Colt4540
08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Nimble? Nimble? WTF?

No PUSH?

No run game.

You make a really good point. If a right handed QB doesn't have the pocket presence to feel or even see the rush for that matter from that side in time to get rid of ball is pretty bad.

CoMoChief
08-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I wanna see Colin Brown and Barry Richardson take over the right side of the Oline.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Ah give me Tackles who can pass protect. So I'll take nimble... Leave the road graders for the fatties in the middle. ;)

Just my opinion.

Your opinion is ill-informed and in direct contradiction to the job of a right tackle.

McIntosh is fine in pass protection. Not great, not horrible. What he can't do is seal off his man so that any of the running backs can hit the outside. What he can't do is open a hole so that the running backs can run between he and the left guard. What he can't do is hold a block long enough for LJ to do anything but run into his back.

The right side of the line needs to clear a path for the running backs. Why do you think that Will Shields and John Tait were so successful in blocking for Priest Holmes and LJ? Because they could pass block?

WTF?

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I wanna see Colin Brown and Barry Richardson take over the right side of the Oline.

Colin Brown should start three quarters of each and every preseason game.

Brown will improve. Goff won't.

Give Brown and opportunity to win this job outright.

I hope that Richardson plays equally as well as ScIntosh because again, at least he has room to improve.

chiefbowe82
08-18-2009, 12:16 PM

I hope that Richardson plays equally as well as ScIntosh because again, at least he has room to improve.

your speakin like herm edwards instead of todd haley

Mr. Krab
08-18-2009, 12:17 PM

Agreed, btw i think they should do the same at linebacker.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Agreed, btw i think they should do the same at linebacker.

Mays over Thomas?

Absolutely!

Who else?

Micjones
08-18-2009, 12:42 PM

Yup.

milkman
08-18-2009, 04:00 PM

First, let me say, as I said on Sunday, on offense I focused solely on the play at LT and RT.

Barry Richardson did a credible job at LT in the few snaps he took there Saturday night, but for some reason, he just can't seem to make the transition LT (his college position) to RT.

He made McSuckoff look like a pro bowler, by comparison.

As for Colin Brown, I'm going to rewatch the game tomorrow morning to see how he fared, but one thing I did see in my first viewing is a play when he was absolutely clowned by the DT across from.

Pestilence
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Mays over Thomas?

Absolutely!

Who else?

Give Studebaker a chance....

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
First, let me say, as I said on Sunday, on offense I focused solely on the play at LT and RT.

Barry Richardson did a credible job at LT in the few snaps he took there Saturday night, but for some reason, he just can't seem to make the transition LT (his college position) to RT.

I mentioned this yesterday. Whoda thunk the Chiefs would end up with three left tackles?

As for Colin Brown, I'm going to rewatch the game tomorrow morning to see how he fared, but one thing I did see in my first viewing is a play when he was absolutely clowned by the DT across from.

Also, look for #66, Daryl Harris. I thought he did a credible job in the left guard spot. He's an UDFA from Missippi. 6'4, 300 pounds. I really liked what I saw.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Mr.McCloud you were right about Richardson it looks like. I'll gladly admit I was wrong, and it looks like the Chiefs have done something Carl/Herm couldn't do and thats fill holes.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Give Studebaker a chance....

That's the other name I was forgetting.

Count Zarth
08-18-2009, 04:25 PM
We should start B-Rich at left tackle and move Albert to RT!!!! /truefan

Micjones
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Hopefully Richardson can continue to impress the staff.
This is the absolute best-case scenario for the Chiefs.

Buehler445
08-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Hopefully Richardson can continue to impress the staff.
This is the absolute best-case scenario for the Chiefs.

At RT. It is fantastic that he can avoid being a turnstyle at 5:55:24 PM, but we REALLY need the guy to step up and dominate the RT position.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefbowe82
08-18-2009, 11:45 PM
BREAKING NEWS
Q: What are your thoughts on Barry Richardson?

HALEY: “Think Barry has a chance. He’s a guy who used the off-season program to his benefit. Lost more weight than anybody else in the entire off-season program, got himself in condition, got himself much stronger which he is continuing to work on. He should continue to get stronger as we go forward. He’s made progress daily, not without some ups and downs. It’s not picture perfect, by any means – a work in progress - but I think he’s created some competition at the right tackle position.”

Q: Is this a case where you’re looking at him with the ones?

HALEY: “I think this is just trying to find the best players or the best fit for us. Going back to what I’ve said all along, the guys who give us the best chance to win. This is an opportunity for a young guy to have a legitimate chance.”

Q: So you expect he’ll start for you this…

HALEY: “We’ll talk about personnel in a day or so but right now he was up there for a reason. We’ll see where we go from here.”

J Diddy
08-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Your opinion is ill-informed and in direct contradiction to the job of a right tackle.

McIntosh is fine in pass protection. Not great, not horrible. What he can't do is seal off his man so that any of the running backs can hit the outside. What he can't do is open a hole so that the running backs can run between he and the left guard. What he can't do is hold a block long enough for LJ to do anything but run into his back.

The right side of the line needs to clear a path for the running backs. Why do you think that Will Shields and John Tait were so successful in blocking for Priest Holmes and LJ? Because they could pass block?

WTF?

True but there was alot of pulling olinemen compared to herms run straight ahead approach.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 12:02 AM
True but there was alot of pulling olinemen compared to herms run straight ahead approach.

That may be but "pulling" is a part of run blocking.

Considering that FcIntosh and Goff couldn't pass the conditioning test upon arrival of training camp, I'm guessing that neither could pull worth a shit past game 5.

Mr. Krab
08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
BREAKING NEWS
Q: What are your thoughts on Barry Richardson?

HALEY: “Think Barry has a chance. He’s a guy who used the off-season program to his benefit. Lost more weight than anybody else in the entire off-season program, got himself in condition, got himself much stronger which he is continuing to work on. He should continue to get stronger as we go forward. He’s made progress daily, not without some ups and downs. It’s not picture perfect, by any means – a work in progress - but I think he’s created some competition at the right tackle position.”

Q: Is this a case where you’re looking at him with the ones?

HALEY: “I think this is just trying to find the best players or the best fit for us. Going back to what I’ve said all along, the guys who give us the best chance to win. This is an opportunity for a young guy to have a legitimate chance.”

Q: So you expect he’ll start for you this…

HALEY: “We’ll talk about personnel in a day or so but right now he was up there for a reason. We’ll see where we go from here.”
If Richardson is anywhere close to McIntosh's level by the end of the preseason then he should get the nod.

Micjones
08-19-2009, 10:10 AM
If Richardson is anywhere close to McIntosh's level by the end of the preseason then he should get the nod.

I agree.

I worry that he won't be as good in pass protection though so the difference might be insignificant. Though having a strong run game will help Cassel and the passing game so maybe...it all evens out.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
My gut tells me this is more of a "let's see if I can motivate McIntosh a little more" type move than it is having faith in Richardson.

milkman
08-19-2009, 10:44 AM
My gut tells me this is more of a "let's see if I can motivate McIntosh a little more" type move than it is having faith in Richardson.

I don't think it's faith in Richardson, but neither do I think it's a motivational tactic for McIntosh.

I think this is a legitimate effort to find a better player at RT.

Dave Lane
08-19-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't think it's faith in Richardson, but neither do I think it's a motivational tactic for McIntosh.

I think this is a legitimate effort to find a better player at RT.

Isn't it nice to have a coach that is doing that!!

milkman
08-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Isn't it nice to have a coach

Yes.

CoMoChief
08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Is Colin Brown still working with the 1's at RG? I've said this before but if we can solve the problems we have on the rt side of the Oline, that would be huge.

milkman
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Is Colin Brown still working with the 1's at RG? I've said this before but if we can solve the problems we have on the rt side of the Oline, that would be huge.

I must have overlooked the report that had Brown working with the first unit.

Is that in the TC thread?

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 11:01 AM

i think he was working at RT at practice

he was RG in the game

i think

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 11:03 AM

he was RG in the game

i think

He's a right guard, period.

If he was a tackle, he wouldn't have the number 61.

IMO, if he's not running with the number #1 unit, he should be.

milkman
08-19-2009, 11:04 AM

he was RG in the game

i think

Dane's a little harsh, but I do believe the move to guard is permanent.

He's been working at guard exclusively for the last two weeks or so.

Count Zarth
08-19-2009, 11:07 AM

WTF?

milkman

You asked me to check out Harris when I rewatched the game.

My thoughts are posted in the "Individual performances" thread, if you want to check them out.

Pestilence
Now if we could only find ourselves an actual center.

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 11:16 AM

i wasn't expressing a preference, merely clarifying where in fact he had been playing in practice vs the game....

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 11:49 AM
i wasn't expressing a preference, merely clarifying where in fact he had been playing in practice vs the game....

As far as I know, Brown's been at guard the entire training camp.

Sorry for coming across as "harsh" earlier.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 11:49 AM
WTF?

You need to stay in the kiddie pool

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Now if we could only find ourselves an actual center.

And right tackle

Count Zarth
08-19-2009, 11:51 AM

You gonna explain what you meant?

Count Zarth
08-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Oh. You're wrong.

JASONSAUTO
08-19-2009, 11:53 AM

isnt that also known as the assclown's toilet?

the Talking Can

yesterday there was a report he was running with the "1's" at RT in place of McSuck...

JASONSAUTO
hey clay thats not a lifejacket it's a turd

JASONSAUTO
yesterday there was a report he was running with the "1's" at RT in place of McSuck...

i thought that was richardson

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 11:55 AM
wait, Mea Culpa everyone

you were talking about Brown, I was thinking about Richardson for some reason

ignore my previous comments

Chief Faithful
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Absolutely, but on NFL replay I was not impressed with Richardson. Maybe someone on Chiefs planet can go back and watch his performance again and give a fair evaluation.

Chief Faithful
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Isn't it nice to have a coach that is doing that!!

:clap:

It is nice the Chiefs have a coach that makes these bums get in shape, focus, demands execution, and doesn't waste the preseason. Rejects like Jones don't even get signed much less inserted as a starter before the start of camp.

Sully
08-19-2009, 12:12 PM

About a week.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 01:18 PM
About a week.

If this is true, that's great news because of his performance on Saturday.

Too bad the staff didn't realize this sooner.

chiefbowe82
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Barry was with the first team for two straight days!

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
who??

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
WTF?

WTF?

What do you mean "WTF"?

The 60's are normally reserved for interior lineman, 70's for tackles.

KCUnited
08-19-2009, 03:12 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Barry was with the first team for two straight days!
How'd he do?

raybec 4
08-19-2009, 03:14 PM
How'd he do?

He's >Sackintosh

Count Zarth
08-19-2009, 03:14 PM
WTF?

What do you mean "WTF"?

The 60's are normally reserved for interior lineman, 70's for tackles.

You made it sound like it was a stone-cold fact that because he was wearing a number in the 60's, he was a guard. That's not the case.

Richardson wears 67 and Brown began offseason workouts as a tackle.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
anybody know if B-Rich worked with the first team again today?

Mr. Krab
08-19-2009, 03:20 PM
anybody know if B-Rich worked with the first team again today?yes, he did.

milkman
08-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Absolutely, but on NFL replay I was not impressed with Richardson. Maybe someone on Chiefs planet can go back and watch his performance again and give a fair evaluation.

I watched LT and RT play exclusively the first time I watched, and Richardson played some snaps with the second unit at both positions.

He fared credibly at LT, but just didn't move as fluidly and gracefully at RT.

He really seems to be struggling with the move to RT.

Noss
08-19-2009, 05:48 PM
From 610:

OT Barry Richardson was working with the first team today. He took Damion McIntosh's spot with the starters. Richardson had a good day clearing a huge hole in the run game during "live" 11 on 11 drills.

Micjones
08-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I watched LT and RT play exclusively the first time I watched, and Richardson played some snaps with the second unit at both positions.

I think he'll be a strong run blocker, but struggle to be as solid in pass protection.
So he'll be the reverse of McIntosh.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I think he'll be a strong run blocker, but struggle to be as solid in pass protection.
So he'll be the reverse of McIntosh.

He pass protected pretty damn well on the left side, so it's just a matter of mechanics and repetition.

Chief Chief
08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Richardson beats the hell out of Damion "Swingin' Gate" MacIntosh!

milkman
08-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Richardson beats the hell out of Damion "Swingin' Gate" MacIntosh!

That's "Drawbridge" to the Cassel.

Hydrae
08-19-2009, 06:30 PM

ROFL

JASONSAUTO
08-19-2009, 06:58 PM

ROFL milky you have been on FIRE lately

Sully
08-19-2009, 07:12 PM

I'm sorry I missed this, earlier.
Dane, I'm not one of your typical bashers. However, this is one of the dumber things I've ever read.
There are (and have been) plenty of Tackles with numbers in the 60s. Are 70s more common? Sure. But Brown having a 60s number has absolutely no bearing on what the Chiefs thought he was going to play.

...it probably has a lot to do with the fact that it was his college number. College...where he played tackle.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
If the Chiefs ever put Colin Brown at OT he will get obliterated he had slow feet for a college OT.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
But Brown having a 60s number has absolutely no bearing on what the Chiefs thought he was going to play.

Generally, it does have a bearing on where you'll line up. Guys change their numbers all time when they change positions but it's hardly something to get worked up about.

milkman
08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
ROFL

ROFL milky you have been on FIRE lately

I appreciate it, but that belongs to another poster.

I'd have to find the thread to find out who it was exactly.

chiefbowe82
08-21-2009, 01:22 PM
All eyes on Barry tonight

Chief Faithful
08-21-2009, 01:27 PM

That is what I thought I saw as well. Maybe with the week of practice as the RT there will be a big improvement tonight. This team really needs him to solidify that position.

nychief
08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Will Svitek

raybec 4
08-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Will Svitek

He and Jordan Black are both trying to make the Falcons IIRC.