http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=33189

Poor Jon Stewart's down a douche.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 10:36 AM
What a shitty article. Man, too.

patteeu
08-18-2009, 11:05 AM
What's wrong with the article?

Novak, the man, was great. He was an amazing source of information.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 11:08 AM

He absolutely was a great source of info. Especially if you wanted a CIA operative outed for political reasons.

patteeu
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
He absolutely was a great source of info. Especially if you wanted a CIA operative outed for political reasons.

If you knew anything about how that story broke, you wouldn't be able to say that with a straight face. Richard Armitage doesn't fit your theory. Don't ever criticize Killer Clown for embracing paranoid theories.

RaiderH8r
08-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Bob, if you're heading out can you take Kennedy with you?

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 11:26 AM
If you knew anything about how that story broke, you wouldn't be able to say that with a straight face. Richard Armitage doesn't fit your theory. Don't ever criticize Killer Clown for embracing paranoid theories.
What? How doesn't Armitage fit? Armitage was Novak's source; how could he not fit? I don't even know what the "theory" is that you're accusing me of concocting.

Donger
08-18-2009, 11:33 AM
What a shitty article. Man, too.

Do you think that Ted Kennedy is a shitty man, too?

patteeu
08-18-2009, 11:33 AM
What? How doesn't Armitage fit? Armitage was Novak's source; how could he not fit? I don't even know what the "theory" is that you're accusing me of concocting.

Your theory is apparently that there was a politically motivated effort to out Valerie Plame in order to punish or discredit her husband after his op-ed challenging the administration's Iraq policy. If your theory is anything like all the other Plame-outing theories I've heard, Armitage doesn't fit it. If I'm mistaken about your theory and you think it is somehow consistent with the fact that Armitage was the source, go ahead and lay it on me.

blaise
08-18-2009, 11:34 AM

He gets shit faced.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Ted Kennedy was never a co-host of "Crossfire."

Calcountry
08-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey Bob, if you're heading out can you take Kennedy with you?I seriously think that they will end op on opposite sides of the aisle? Of course, I am not God, so I don't know for sure.

Someone better be praying for Kennedy, that's all I know.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Your theory is apparently that there was a politically motivated effort to out Valerie Plame in order to punish or discredit her husband after his op-ed challenging the administration's Iraq policy. If your theory is anything like all the other Plame-outing theories I've heard, Armitage doesn't fit it. If I'm mistaken about your theory and you think it is somehow consistent with the fact that Armitage was the source, go ahead and lay it on me.
Alright, you win; I was trolling in this thread. Your informed calmness defeated my meager attempt at being annoying. Poo.

Donger
08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Ted Kennedy was never a co-host of "Crossfire."

Indeed. He couldn't even make it across the bridge.

blaise
08-18-2009, 11:53 AM

Well, he ended up making it across. Other passengers, not so much.

wild1
08-18-2009, 11:53 AM

He's not peeing ON his grave, so much as, around it.

Donger
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Well, he ended up making it across. Other passengers, not so much.

"Darmok, on the ocean!"

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
From a utilitarian perspective, killing one woman is not as bad as making millions of people want to kill themselves.

RaiderH8r
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
From a utilitarian perspective, killing one woman is not as bad as making millions of people want to kill themselves.

At least the millions had a choice in the matter.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 11:59 AM
At least the millions had a choice in the matter.
Oh, she's blameless for getting into the car with a drunk dude?

Donger
08-18-2009, 12:07 PM

Wow. A lot of weak-minded people out there.

Frankie

He was also a traitor to this contry.

wild1

Ah, I see. It's her fault.

I think we are done here.

Frankie
08-18-2009, 12:08 PM

This.

Donger
08-18-2009, 12:08 PM

LMAO

patteeu
08-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Alright, you win; I was trolling in this thread. Your informed calmness defeated my meager attempt at being annoying. Poo.

It's ironic, IMO, that Bob Novak became such a target of the left during the past few years. He was always conservative, of course, but it wasn't at all uncommon for him to be critical of Republican politicians even when those politicians were nominally his ideological allies. He was much more willing to take a position in contrast with other conservatives than a lot of political commentators are. His opposition to the Iraq war from the start is a case in point. In fact, now that I think of it, Bob Novak himself doesn't even fit the common theories that there was a political conspiracy to out Valerie Plame. Neither the leaker (Armitage) nor the leakee (Novak) were committed defenders of the Bush Iraq policy. (I don't say this to try to revive our argument, it's just something that came to mind).

In any event, I think Washington could use more Bob Novaks whether they are conservative or liberal in personal pov.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
This.
No. No 'this.' I wasn't being serious.

patteeu
08-18-2009, 12:12 PM

This thread needed more idiocy. Thanks for popping in.

RaiderH8r
08-18-2009, 12:13 PM

No, you're right. Getting into the drunkard's car was her fault. And she should have held her breath longer too. Women heh. Can't live with'em, can't hold their breath for hours on end.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Fuckin' A. It took Ted Kennedy to achieve what I wanted in this thread.

Donger
08-18-2009, 12:19 PM

I could swear that Frankie is on record as saying that if Bush had attacked Iran, he would have supported Iran and not us.

Remember that?

Frankie
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
No. No 'this.' I wasn't being serious.

They say a drunk walks straight during an earthquake. You should post more "non-serious' stuff.

Frankie
08-18-2009, 12:26 PM

Idiocy, to me, is taking idealistic hacks like Novak seriously.

blaise
08-18-2009, 12:26 PM
They say a drunk walks straight during an earthquake. You should post more "non-serious' stuff.

That's weird. Sometimes your posts are so nonsensical I wonder if you're just joking around.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I guess someone could have manipulated Armitage but we'll likely never know.

Frankie
08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I could swear that Frankie is on record as saying that if Bush had attacked Iran, he would have supported Iran and not us.

Remember that?

You are lying. And swearing about it too. Very uncool.

Frankie
08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
I guess someone could have manipulated Armitage but we'll likely never know.

Armitage carried out an order from above.

patteeu
08-18-2009, 12:31 PM

Remember that?

I don't remember it, but if I were guessing I wouldn't give Bush more than a 50/50 chance at getting Frankie's support in that scenario.

blaise
08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Idiocy, to me, is taking idealistic hacks like Novak seriously.

I try to only take materialistis hacks seriously.

Frankie
08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
I try to only take materialistis hacks seriously.

Sorry, I meant to say ideologues. My bad.

patteeu
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Armitage carried out an order from above.

An order from Obama!

It's easy to make things up.

Donger
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
You are lying. And swearing about it too. Very uncool.

You know, you are right. I don't think that you ever said that you would have supported Iran and not us.

You did, however, say that you wouldn't root for us and that you would not take up arms against your former country.

So, I'd be more cautious calling someone else a traitor, if I were you.

blaise
08-18-2009, 12:37 PM
I once tried to take a dadaist seriously but he told me not to, wiped a booger on a copy of Finnegans Wake, drew a #4 on a wall and walked away.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
I once tried to take a dadaist seriously but he told me not to, wiped a booger on a copy of Finnegans Wake, drew a #4 on a wall and walked away.
I think that is the only proper way to engage this subforum. Well, that or posting Ultra Peanut's "Smoke Weed Everyday" motorcycle frog.

googlegoogle
08-18-2009, 01:43 PM
He was great on Crossfire. He was democrat turned conservative. rip.

orange
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Neither the leaker (Armitage) nor the leakee (Novak) were committed defenders of the Bush Iraq policy. (I don't say this to try to revive our argument, it's just something that came to mind).

They were a good soldier and a useful idiot.

BucEyedPea
08-18-2009, 04:31 PM
RIP Novak, I will miss him.

patteeu
08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
They were a good soldier and a useful idiot.

Armitage was a good soldier, but he was soldiering for Colin Powell, not Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, or the President's war policy.

listopencil
08-18-2009, 07:23 PM
But then, many big-time politicians didn’t like Novak. Pat Buchanan relates a priceless story of being with Richard Nixon in the mid-’60s in a high-school gym in Indiana. Nixon peeked through the stage curtain, finding Novak in the first row of the press section. “Look at him,” Nixon commanded. “That’s Bob Novak. That’s the enemy.”

If I were an adult in the mid-'60s, I would have glowed with pride had Nixon referred to me in that way. BTW, Buchanan's a douche too.

ILChief
08-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey Bob, if you're heading out can you take Kennedy with you?

classy

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2009, 02:05 AM
http://j.photos.cx/KellyNovak-6df.jpg

Lex Luthor
08-19-2009, 06:55 AM
"Darmok, on the ocean!"
"Sokath, his eyes opened!"

Messier
08-19-2009, 07:11 AM

I love the Kelly cartoons on the Onion.

Frankie
08-19-2009, 10:49 AM
An order from Cheney!

It's not so easy to make obvious things up.

FYP.

Frankie
08-19-2009, 10:52 AM
You know, you are right. I don't think that you ever said that you would have supported Iran and not us.

You did, however, say that you wouldn't root for us and that you would not take up arms against your former country.

So, I'd be more cautious calling someone else a traitor, if I were you.

Being a consciencious objector to war is being a traitor? It's the same as outing our own secret agent?

Donger
08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Being a consciencious objector to war is being a traitor? It's the same as outing our own secret agent?

That depends. Would you object to fighting for your country in any war, or just a war against Iran?

Frankie
08-19-2009, 10:56 AM

ROFL

This is one on the grossest bastardizations of reality that I've ever seen. Well, to each his own.

Frankie
08-19-2009, 11:02 AM
That depends. Would you object to fighting for your country in any war, or just a war against Iran?

Unless it's in defense of one's own country on one's own soil any war is killing and dying for someone else's agenda. it's darnright evil if it's for someone else's war profiteering.

I reserve the right to extend that even farther if it's against the "people" I come from.

My heart condition makes your whole question moot anyway.