PDA

View Full Version : Football Question about Michael Crabtree

luv
08-18-2009, 11:51 AM
He hasn't signed with the Niners yet? Anyone know what's up with that?

I've read some talk about re-entering the draft in 2010?

DaWolf
08-18-2009, 11:52 AM
He and his agent are pissed he wasn't a top 5 pick and want to break the slotting system. Niners won't budge.

Don't hold your breath on him re-entering the draft. They'll probably get something done before the season starts. Crabtree has very little leverage right now...

luv
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
So, if he doesn't sign, would that make him a FA? What's the deal with re-entering the draft next year?

Consistent1
08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Crabtree is pretty much being an idiot. This stunt about getting paid where he "should have" been picked is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of a player trying to pull given his injury, system he played in, etc.

Blindside58
08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Who cares. This guy is a chump with questionable people all around him.

luv
08-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Ah. My friend overseas is a Niners fan. He was asking me if I'd heard if he'd signed yet. Looking into it, there was some stuff I was reading that I wasn't clear on. Thought I'd ask it here.

luv
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
So, that does raise the question for me. If someone who gets drafted doesn't sign, he then becomes a FA, right? I guess I'm not following the re-entering next year's draft thing.

doomy3
08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I also heard that Favre was coming back. Anyone heard anything about this?

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2009, 12:05 PM
So, that does raise the question for me. If someone who gets drafted doesn't sign, he then becomes a FA, right? I guess I'm not following the re-entering next year's draft thing.

No, they do not become a FA. Instead, the team loses the player's rights and the player re-enters the draft the following season.

DaWolf
08-18-2009, 12:05 PM

I believe the team (in this case the Niners) hold exclusive negotiating rights with him until a certain date. After that date, the Niners lose Crabtree's rights and he has to re-enter the draft. He is not eligible to be a free agent since he entered the draft and was taken the first time.

The deadline to trade picks has passed so the Niners cannot trade him now either.

Jed York seems pretty confident a deal will eventually get done. I think Eugene Parker is just trying to save face now by getting something that looks good on paper so he can say "Yep, I got a great deal for this guy at 10".

Omar_Doom
08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
He would be a fool to re-enter the draft.

Chiefnj2
08-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Crabtree is an idiot and has an idiot for an agent. He has basically wasted away his first year in the NFL.

Amnorix
08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
I believe the team (in this case the Niners) hold exclusive negotiating rights with him until a certain date. After that date, the Niners lose Crabtree's rights and he has to re-enter the draft. He is not eligible to be a free agent since he entered the draft and was taken the first time.

The deadline to trade picks has passed so the Niners cannot trade him now either.

Jed York seems pretty confident a deal will eventually get done. I think Eugene Parker is just trying to save face now by getting something that looks good on paper so he can say "Yep, I got a great deal for this guy at 10".

All of this.

Crabtree and his advisers, including one of his cousins I guess, are a bunch of complete idiots.

Brock
08-18-2009, 12:35 PM
This worked great for Jamarcus Russell.

sedated
08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
hold exclusive negotiating rights with him until a certain date.

does anyone know what that date is?

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2009, 12:58 PM
does anyone know what that date is?

It seems up until the 2010 draft, and at that point he cannot be drafted again by the 49ers. Also, if he doesn't sign by week 10 he cannot play during the 2009 season.

(from the NFL CBA)

wild1
08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
JFGI

Buck
08-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I read today that hes turning down a 5 Year $20 Million dollar offer.

L.A. Chieffan
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
i shouldve been a top 3 pick. im holding out for a better offer

Reerun_KC
08-28-2009, 09:33 AM
How is he going to get MORE money next year when he basically wasted a year, then drops to the 2nd or 3rd round next year?

notorious
08-28-2009, 09:35 AM
How is he going to get MORE money next year when he basically wasted a year, then drops to the 2nd or 3rd round next year?

Common sense and Wide Receivers rarely collide in the same sentence.

Not only is he going to lose a year of income, his stock will go to nothing.

btlook1
08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Good let him be an idiot! He can set out this year...get healthy work out and be ready for us to draft him with a 2nd or 3rd next year. If I was Pioli I would be on the phone with Denver asking if they are ready to take a 2nd for Marshall today!

Arsonist
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Crabtree and his agent are idiots. If he holds out and goes back into the draft he will go lower then he did in this years draft

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Crabtree and his agent are idiots. If he holds out and goes back into the draft he will go lower then he did in this years draft

Not only will he go lower, he'll lose a year's salary. He'll never be able to recoup that money.

Molitoth
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
It seems Molitoth was right talking all that shit on Mr. Crabtree right before the draft when dumbasses on this forum were wanting to chiefs to pick him up.

I knew this guy would be a complete asshat.

Rain Man
08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
He should go down to the Burger King and ask Kelly Stouffer if it was a good decision. But not during the noon rush, because Kelly's really busy then.

KCDC
We need more people like Crabtree to prove the need for a rookie slotting system.

Buck
One guy in my Fantasy league took both Marshall and Crabtree, he was really drunk, but thats still pretty stupid.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I hope he reenters the draft next year and the Bengals take him.

Coogs
08-28-2009, 10:18 AM
It seems up until the 2010 draft, and at that point he cannot be drafted again by the 49ers.

God, can you imagine how ticked off 49ers fans would be if they didn't sign him, then turn right around and draft him again with their first round pick next year.

soundmind
08-28-2009, 10:27 AM
It's going to be sweet when he signs a contract right before the season, and gets hurt by week 3/4 because he got "blowed up" by a real NFL athlete. This kid is a cancer, why would you want him around....he's like TO and all the rest, but infinitely more ignorant (which I didn't think was possible).

Just go get a job at TTech, puff herb and dream of what you could have been Crabtree.

Molitoth
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
....he's like TO

I'm not a HUGE Terrell Owens fan or anything, but this guy is nothing like TO.
TO keeps himself in TOP notch shape at all times, and to my knowledge hasn't had any major holdouts due to major money problems. TO has also PROVEN himself to be a star at the NFL level.

Yes, he has had his issues with OC's, QB's, and HC's... but Craptree shouldn't even be paid anywhere near TO.

MahiMike
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM
This is why I can't wait for the current contract with the player's union to expire. I'm hoping they come out with set limits per position/draft # that keeps ANY rookie from holding out. $40 million guaranteed is crazy. Sign them all to 3 yr deals out of the gate and then re-negotiate once they've proven themselves.

Easy 6
08-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Crabtree is an idiot and has an idiot for an agent. He has basically wasted away his first year in the NFL.

Ab.so.lutely

I'm rooting for Mike Singletary Big Time, so this kid is really hairlipping me...even when he does sign, he wont be long for the Niners, Mike absolutely DETESTS guys like this.

His rep as a prima donna was well known, so i bet Mike had absolutely no say in whether or not to draft him.

What and idiot.

Mecca
08-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Depends what they are offering honestly..

Andre Smith isn't signed and for the money he's been offered I wouldn't have signed either. You don't accept less money than the guy who got picked after you.

Chiefaholic
08-28-2009, 08:59 PM
The NFL definatly need a rookie slotting system based upon position and position within the draft. No rookie should EVER get paid like the top dogs of the NFL until they've proven they're ready to play at the next level. Sign everybody to a short term contract with the top three rounds giving the team the option of first rights to resign them long term. If they come out hungry to EARN a big payday, I'de bet you'de see a lower percentage of first round busts.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Depends what they are offering honestly..

Andre Smith isn't signed and for the money he's been offered I wouldn't have signed either. You don't accept less money than the guy who got picked after you.

Getting the feeling SF wont move much off their offer, wil try to find the link that shows what the offer has been since June 30th.... and it lines up with what the 10th pick last year got, factoring almost to the dollar what the increase for this years picks around him are.

For a guy not willing to work out for teams, holding out will kill any chance he gets drafted next year.

kstater
08-28-2009, 09:12 PM

He plans on getting experience not playing in a spread offense.

Mecca
08-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Well they better be offering more than Maybin got is all I'm sayin.

The Bengals according to that hard knocks show told Smith's agent they would not pay him more than DHB got who was picked after him. He responded by telling them that was unfair and they won't budge, to this point they are offering even less.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Well they better be offering more than Maybin got is all I'm sayin.

The Bengals according to that hard knocks show told Smith's agent they would not pay him more than DHB got who was picked after him. He responded by telling them that was unfair and they won't budge, to this point they are offering even less.

It was, its inline with what he should get at the place he was picked. And it was offered June 30th. Still looking for the link, so call it allegedly for now.... I wont get into Smiths holdout, nothing Cincy does surprises me. But SF has an offer on the table that is better than the pick behind him and slightly less for what the pick before him signed for.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 09:40 PM
A case in point when listening to people around you, leads you to nowhere.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
If he sits out this year, he will need to run a 4.2 next year for teams to even consider drafting him.

Mecca
08-28-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't think he's sitting out the year, Crabtree's problem is he really thinks the Raiders fucked him over and he should get more money than DHB got.

Saul Good
08-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Mike Williams and Maurice Clarette think that he could benefit from sitting out a year.