PDA

View Full Version : Royals Gordon sent to Omaha

GoHuge
08-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Per 810 to make room for Fartsworth :rolleyes:.

Mecca
08-18-2009, 02:01 PM
HaHa...bust!

Stewie
08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
OK, he's officially a bust.

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
So depressing for Royals fans...

GoHuge
08-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Well at least he'll be close to home :)!

MVChiefFan
08-18-2009, 02:11 PM
LMAO I gotta laugh to keep from cryin'.

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2009, 02:16 PM
penis ahoy

Reerun_KC
Hillman really knows how to get the best out of the players...

ROFL

God I feel for anyone that is associated with the Royals...

Demonpenz
another fucking AAAA player he will go down there and hit .300

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Good. Now no more Royals threads til they have a winning season.

Mr. Krab
08-18-2009, 02:23 PM
He belongs down there. Sadly. :(

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
He belongs down there. Sadly. :(

The whole fucking team is. The Royals haven't put a major league product on the field in years.

Halfcan
08-18-2009, 02:26 PM
OK, he's officially a bust.

yep never did shit

Kyle DeLexus
08-18-2009, 02:33 PM
BRYCE HARPER!!!!!!1111!!1!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!

CoMoChief
08-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Hello Bryce Harper. Welcome to the shittiest baseball franchise in the Big Leagues.

CoMoChief
08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
My friend has a shirt......actually pretty funny. it says:

Kansas City Royals: The Best AAA Team in the Major Leagues.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Billy Butler got sent down last year. People were saying "bust" then. They were wrong.

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Billy Butler got sent down last year. People were saying "bust" then. They were wrong.

Butler wasn't an advanced college bat.

Billlaaaayyyy's still very young. Gordon should be producing.

bsp4444
08-18-2009, 02:40 PM

I love your optimism, and I thought I was the same way, but I think Gordon is not only bad, but he won't take coaching. Scrap him.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Scrap him? Insane.

I'm all for this option, btw. I wanted Gordon to be in Omaha for a long while rehabbing and working on that swing. We rushed him back up to the big-league level though.

Mecca
08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
If Gordon stays in AAA for 21 days which would be September 9th...they gain an extra year of leverage on his contract.

So lets see when he comes back.

Mecca
08-18-2009, 02:45 PM
This guy on 610 is saying the Royals don't want Bryce Harper because he's gonna want 17 mill, he then followed that with the Nationals probably won't pick him either but it'll be easier to pass if they don't pick first so they hope the Nationals have the worst record..

Sounds like typical Royals.

Stewie
If Gordon stays in AAA for 21 days which would be September 9th...they gain an extra year of leverage on his contract.

21 days won't happen. Roster expansion.

Reaper16
This guy on 610 is saying the Royals don't want Bryce Harper because he's gonna want 17 mill, he then followed that with the Nationals probably won't pick him either but it'll be easier to pass if they don't pick first so they hope the Nationals have the worst record..

Was this based on actual reporting? Or just speculation?

Mecca
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Was this based on actual reporting? Or just speculation?

He covers the team, but I think he was speculating on what he knows that the Royals don't want to pay a guy who wants what Harper is going to want.

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

DJ's left nut
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Butler wasn't an advanced college bat.

Billlaaaayyyy's still very young. Gordon should be producing.

Gordon gets 0 coaching at the big league level. Nobody with that kind of swing should struggle this badly.

Give him the rest of the year in AAA and hopefully someone will teach him something. Then you can shitcan the entire coaching staff with an eye on him NOT regressing at the big league level again.

There's no excuse for the consistent pattern of regression exhibited by hitters in the Royals system.

Kyle DeLexus
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
He covers the team, but I think he was speculating on what he knows that the Royals don't want to pay a guy who wants what Harper is going to want.

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

Sounds like those Royals. If they do some how actually take him I doubt they'd get him signed.

Mecca
08-18-2009, 02:51 PM
21 days won't happen. Roster expansion.

If they wait the 21 days to do it then well know why they did it....they don't have to call him back up.

petegz28
08-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I guess I can give my autographed Alex Gordon ball to some kid to play with

Mecca
08-18-2009, 02:52 PM
So how pissed would everyone be if Harper was there and the Royals took someone else?

Fish
08-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Well ain't this just super fucking news.

And I tell ya what will happen... Alice will go down to Omaha and just tear shit up and hit like the best prospect in the world again.

The guy has all the physical tools, he just can't handle the mental part of the bigs.....

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 02:55 PM
There's no excuse for the consistent pattern of regression exhibited by hitters in the Royals system.
You're absolutely right.

So how pissed would everyone be if Harper was there and the Royals took someone else?
You know how ticked off posters such as yourself, Hamas, me, etc. were on NFL draft day this year? I'd be 10x as mad as that.

Dayze
08-18-2009, 02:57 PM
can we just ship the Royals to Omaha and let them deal with them. I can't believe that team has survived (or baseball in general).

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Well ain't this just super fucking news.

And I tell ya what will happen... Alice will go down to Omaha and just tear shit up and hit like the best prospect in the world again.

The guy has all the physical tools, he just can't handle the mental part of the bigs.....
Nah. He has a hole in his swing and has trouble laying off the low and away breaking ball. He's FINALLY begun to listen to coaching somewhat regarding his swing and going to Omaha allows Alex to work on those changes with consistent at-bats that he isn't going to get in the bigs right now because the Royals are chock full of bad to average players that they're trying to evaluate (Anderson, Pena, etc) while still finding room for Bloomquist, Jacobs, Olivo, Buck, etc.

Kyle DeLexus
08-18-2009, 02:58 PM
So how pissed would everyone be if Harper was there and the Royals took someone else?With all the hype on the Royals are not passing on players based on signability anymore. I'd be somewhat pissed. With Myers not having played Catcher much and having versitility to play other positions we still need a catcher in the system, IMO. I wouldn't be happy.

Mecca
08-18-2009, 02:59 PM
The Royals are trying to draft better but until they acquire major league players and talent that will take walks and understands OBP and stress it to players in development we will always have issues.

Mecca
08-18-2009, 03:00 PM
With all the hype on the Royals are not passing on players based on signability anymore. I'd be somewhat pissed. With Myers not having played Catcher much and having versitility to play other positions we still need a catcher in the system, IMO. I wouldn't be happy.

We can say that but the Royals are offering Crow 3 mill that isn't a giant deal..Strausberg just got 15..Harper is probably gonna go for 17 I could see the Royals absolutely waffling on a guy asking that much.

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 03:00 PM

Passing upon that type of prospect would literally cause the Royals to lose a lot of fans.

If an organization can pay Guillen's roided-up ass $36M (still tough to even write that), it should have no problem paying a generational talent $15-20M. That's a fucking bargain.

But we won't have that approach. We'll want to spread the money across the draft, which is the same philosophy that caused us not to select Wieters or Porcello, while giving guys like Buck, Olivo, and Farnsworth the jack it would have taken to sign the best n00bs.

Sure-Oz
08-18-2009, 03:02 PM
The contract issue seems to be one of the reasons (legit) he is now in AAA for that extra year....wonder what the other is though...

Surprised by this

Mecca
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't get the Royals at all, they pay all these guys money to suck.

They have 8 million dollars of shitty catcher why? If you pay 8 mill for catcher you should have 1 badass catcher.

dirk digler
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM

They also said they heard rumors he has issues with Hillman and that their might be some sort of mutiny starting.

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 03:04 PM
With all the hype on the Royals are not passing on players based on signability anymore. I'd be somewhat pissed. With Myers not having played Catcher much and having versitility to play other positions we still need a catcher in the system, IMO. I wouldn't be happy.

Sure they have. It's just that they're drafting the next best guy, rather than the #34 prospect in the draft.

Moosetacos is an example of this. The #2 guy in the draft was Porcello, who got something like $7-8M. The next best guy was Wieters, who received a similar contract.

The Royals, out of the blue, went with Moosetacos instead. Still a decent selection, but clearly not the #2 guy in the draft.

Still a signability issue. Not as glaring as in the past, but signability is still alive and well.

Oh, and save me the whole, "Moosetacos had the most raw power of any HS bat" line. As a prospect, he wasn't in the same league as Porcello or Wieters (not you, Kyle, just anyone).

Sure-Oz
08-18-2009, 03:04 PM
They also said they heard rumors he has issues with Hillman and that their might be some sort of mutiny starting.

wtf? wow

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 03:05 PM

Who is the "they"?

That would be awesome. Can we get DM involved, too?

Mecca
08-18-2009, 03:05 PM
The Royals should have done what Pittsburgh did, trade everyone have a really cheap ML roster and then put all your money into the draft you aren't going win with these guys so play for 4-5 years down the line when these draft picks you pay are coming up.

The Royals only have a couple guys on the ML roster worth keeping around.

dirk digler
08-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Who is the "they"?

That would be awesome. Can we get DM involved, too?

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 03:07 PM

Someone with credibility, though, or just the host douche?

Stewie
08-18-2009, 03:09 PM

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Petro was talking about the difference between Hillman and Haley today. He said at their first press conferences he thought they were bad hires, but after watching how they operate he did a 180 on Haley, not Hillman.

Mecca

The guy he had on covers the Royals I don't recall his name he was also the one who said he didn't think the Royals wanted to be in position to draft Harper.

Reaper16
Is it wrong that I'm now rooting for just such a mutiny?

dirk digler
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Just the host douche

BigCatDaddy
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I thought I heard Jayson Stark saying earlier that Harper sometimes gets overwelmed at the plate at the HS level and is somewhat a product of the Scott Boras PR machine.

I was tuning in and out so somone correct me if I'm wrong.

Kyle DeLexus
08-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Sure they have. It's just that they're drafting the next best guy, rather than the #34 prospect in the draft.

Moosetacos is an example of this. The #2 guy in the draft was Porcello, who got something like $7-8M. The next best guy was Wieters, who received a similar contract.

The Royals, out of the blue, went with Moosetacos instead. Still a decent selection, but clearly not the #2 guy in the draft.

Still a signability issue. Not as glaring as in the past, but signability is still alive and well.

Oh, and save me the whole, "Moosetacos had the most raw power of any HS bat" line. As a prospect, he wasn't in the same league as Porcello or Wieters (not you, Kyle, just anyone).I'm with you on that. I was going to put the drafting for talent not signability in " "'s but didn't.

dirk digler
Is it wrong that I'm now rooting for just such a mutiny?

No I think Hillman should be shit canned. The Royals need to go after a manager that actually has managed a Major League team instead of all these newbies

Fish
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/171-0301185733-mutiny-shirt.jpg

Mecca
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
I still want to know why guys like Teahen weren't traded, do they desire to lose 90 games?

blazzin311
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
I thought I heard Jayson Stark saying earlier that Harper sometimes gets overwelmed at the plate at the HS level and is somewhat a product of the Scott Boras PR machine.

I was tuning in and out so somone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yea you heard right. that's exactly what Stark was saying.

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 03:17 PM
If Hillman is fired, that would be great.

But the real target needs to be Dayton Moore. He's far more destructive to this organization.

Kyle DeLexus
08-18-2009, 03:17 PM

I was tuning in and out so somone correct me if I'm wrong.I walked in on the middle of the podcast. Its about to come up now though so I'll correct you if wrong.

BigCatDaddy
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Yea you heard right. that's exactly what Stark was saying.

I think he also said he is no way like a Griffey or A-Rod that can be brought straight up to the big leagues.

gblowfish
08-18-2009, 03:20 PM
When Brett tried to help him, and he blew off the advice, I knew that was trouble.
Oh well...
They love him in Nebraska. Maybe he'll help their attendance.

At least Butler had a decent year.

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Stark said he'd be the #1 overall pick, but that scouts' view of Harper isn't the same as the image that Boras has created.

In fairness, though, there's probably no stauncher critic of Boras than Jayson Stark, so there could be a bit of a conflict of interest.

dirk digler
08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
When Brett tried to help him, and he blew off the advice, I knew that was trouble.
Oh well...
They love him in Nebraska. Maybe he'll help their attendance.

At least Butler had a decent year.

Gordon blew off Brett's help?

What a dumbass

gblowfish
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Yep. Brett tried to help him when he first came up. He worked with him in Spring Training. Gordon would pretend to listen, say "yep...yep....yep" then get in the game and not change a thing in his approach. Eventually Brett just gave up, said the kid wouldn't listen, and if he didn't want the advice...he wasn't going to try to help him any longer.

WilliamTheIrish
08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
When you look at the OB/OPS of this team it's not just Gordon who is shirking advice.

Seriously, I hate the whole franchise right now. They should have a "Kill Roman Colon Night" promotion.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-18-2009, 03:26 PM
ROFL, you know you suck if you got sent down to make room for Kyle fucking Farnsworth

Kyle DeLexus
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I think he also said he is no way like a Griffey or A-Rod that can be brought straight up to the big leagues.Said that the hype from Boras and what teams think of him is going to be way different and he won't end up signing next year after being drafted #1. Said the talent is there and everything but he will need a few years to go through the minors. Of course he's still only 16 so no one knows and he has a lot riding on his JUCO season...if he plays like he's hyped the hype just grows and he will say thats why he's wanting outragous $. If he has a bad year he'll still demand the $ and teams really won't want to pay.

T-post Tom
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM

DING DING DING...WE HAVE A WINNER. :clap:

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2009, 03:34 PM
bobby hill, corey patterson, and felix pie say hi

:(

Mecca
08-18-2009, 03:35 PM
bobby hill, corey patterson, and felix pie say hi

:(

Hey Felix Pie hit for the cycle the other day!

The Cubs just never really gave him a chance.

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey Felix Pie hit for the cycle the other day!

The Cubs just never really gave him a chance.Yeah, that was a nice thing.

Honestly, the Cubs fucked him up so severely it's not even funny.

58kcfan89
08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
When you look at the OB/OPS of this team it's not just Gordon who is shirking advice.

Seriously, I hate the whole franchise right now. They should have a "Kill Roman Colon Night" promotion.

This. Sending down Gordon is probably the final excuse I needed not to watch this team for the rest of the year.

I've been a big fan of his since he was drafted, watched every game he played in here in AA Wichita and have defended him for a long time. No more. If he figures it out, great. If he doesn't, he's just the next in a long (LONG) line of guys drafted by the Royals who never did figure it out.

That being said, as much of this is on Gordon, at some point you have to wonder why there's no one involved in the development of these guys being canned. Butler, Zack and possibly Hoch are about the only guys the team has drafted recently that have done it well at the major league level. It's sickening to think about how many top picks have been wasted by this franchise.

I would go into an even longer rant about how sh*tty baseball is right now & how much I hate it, but I'll spare all of you. Let me just say that I'd rather see Brett Favre in a Vikings uniform than have anything to do with Major League Baseball right now. And I really hate Brett Favre.

Fish
08-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Now that would get me to the K.....

Stewie
08-18-2009, 03:46 PM
DING DING DING...WE HAVE A WINNER. :clap:

Omaha closes down on September 7th.

Sure-Oz
08-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Who knew Gordon would be the one to have this issue after the billy being a 'baby' issues last year. butler, Callaspo have been the lone bright spot this year for a future, besides Zack

gblowfish
08-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Every night he takes the mound is "Kill Roman Colon Night."

Coach
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM

Even if KC was going to offer him 15-16 mill, his agent (Which more than likely will be Scott Boras) will still tell him not to sign it and go into next's year draft.

Same thing with the NFL with Crabtree as being an example.

Today's sports teams need to figure out a way to prevent that happening. Once you are picked, you have to either sign with that team. If you refuse to sign, then you should be ineligible to come back to any other professional sport (MLB/NFL) team for X of year(s).

DaWolf
08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Dude is hitting .196, he should be sent back to college...

Coach
08-18-2009, 06:42 PM

Give me "Kill Trey Hillman Night" promotion, I'll pay good cash for that.

Mecca
08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Baseball is different than football, no football player in his right mind would enter the next draft because they'll lose tons of money doing that.

Baseball on the other hand where guys get taken out of high school is alot different. Baseball teams draft guys they know are going to college to maybe try to get them to sign or draft guys they know they'll never sign.

Hell a couple years ago a team used a draft pick on Pat White.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Baseball is different than football, no football player in his right mind would enter the next draft because they'll lose tons of money doing that.

Baseball on the other hand where guys get taken out of high school is alot different. Baseball teams draft guys they know are going to college to maybe try to get them to sign or draft guys they know they'll never sign.

Hell a couple years ago a team used a draft pick on Pat White.
The Angels drafted our very own Jarrad Page.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Also: I think that Gil Meche would love for this season to just end.

petegz28
08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Also: I think that Gil Meche would love for this season to just end.

As he just gave up 2 hr's and 2 singles in 4 hitters?

cabletech94
08-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Dude is hitting .196, he should be sent back to little league...

FYP

joesomebody
08-18-2009, 07:32 PM
That's too bad. Hopefully next year he'll have it all together and Butler will stay hot. This year is shot anyway, so if he can learn a few things down there, I'm all for it.

Reaper16
08-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Butler is a Goddamned monster. Three doubles tonight. He's only going to get scarier as his power develops further.

petegz28
08-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Royals take the lead, Meche comes out and deals a 4-pitch, leadoff walk.....

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Butler is a Goddamned monster. Three doubles tonight. He's only going to get scarier as his power develops further.

That fat motherfucker can swing it.

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Nats lost today, so we need to keep pace.

petegz28
08-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Nats lost today, so we need to keep pace.

Meche will make sure we do...

SPchief
08-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Holy shit, Bloomy had him by a mile

petegz28
08-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't think Bloomy got the memo on the Nats issue....as he guns the tying run down at the plate

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't think Bloomy got the memo on the Nats issue....as he guns the tying run down at the plate

We're the only folks who really understand The Process (holla at the Rany when you see 'em in the street).

Sure-Oz
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Soria hurt, chicago fans booing

stay classy

Sure-Oz
08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Soria and Tejeda players of the game with 4 shutout innings, even after soria turns his ankle