PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bowe to be traded? (rumor, calm down)

MGRS13
08-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Jets targeting Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe?

Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2009 7:32 AM ET
Apparently, Jets coach Rex Ryan has stopped talking long enough to realize that his team has yet to find a capable replacement for receiver Laveranues Coles.

And so the Jets, per Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, have had preliminary discussions with a few teams regarding a trade for a veteran wideout.

According to Cimini, the biggest name on the team's radar is Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall. Though the Broncos have shown no willingness to trade Marshall, the relationship between player and team is tenuous, to say the least. That said, Marshall has way too many question marks hovering over his career, both on and off the field.

Cimini also floats the name of Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe as a possible target, but we can't imagine Kansas City trading one of their only quality players -- cough . . . Tony Gonzalez . . . cough.

As Cimini points out, Jets G.M. Mike Tannebaum has a reputation for making deals late in the preseason. Still, it's difficult for a receiver to make an impact in a new offense without the benefit of participating in the offseason program and training camp.

But it nevertheless looks like something could be happening. And that's good news for the Jets, because beyond Jerricho Cotchery the team doesn't have many quality targets for rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez.

BigRock
08-19-2009, 07:24 AM
It sounds like the NY reporter is speculating more than anything.

Von Dumbass
08-19-2009, 07:25 AM
I guess Athan was right.

I would trade Marshall to the Jets for their first and 3rd round picks.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Well, Pioli was trying to trade him... so this should be a done deal...now we are just looking at compensation.

BTW: This is sarcasm based on the stupid sh!t that is in Nick's meltdown on WPI. I don't believe that Bowe was actually going to be traded in the offseason.

I do believe the Chiefs would consider it now given he and Haley's inability to see eye to eye in camp. But, I think it will take a first round pick.

wild1
08-19-2009, 07:27 AM
naked speculation.

LTL
08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Well, Pioli was trying to trade him... so this should be a done deal...now we are just looking at compensation.

BTW: This is sarcasm based on the stupid sh!t that is in Nick's meltdown on WPI. I don't believe that Bowe was actually going to be traded in the offseason.

I do believe the Chiefs would consider it now given he and Haley's inability to see eye to eye in camp. But, I think it will take a first round pick.

I don't know if I would consider Haleys being a hard ass on Bowe not seeing eye to eye especially considering Bowe seems to be responding and Haley keeps saying he's "making progress" and now he is starting get snaps with the first team.

I do agree the Chiefs would listen, but think at this point the Jets would have to over pay for him and it would have to be more than a first.

MGRS13
08-19-2009, 07:44 AM
I guess Athan was right.

He's good but no way any one gives up this much for him. He's one fight with his girlfriend away from an NFL suspension. I'd say if you could get a 2nd rounder for him you are doing good.

Von Dumbass
08-19-2009, 07:50 AM
He's good but no way any one gives up this much for him. He's one fight with his girlfriend away from an NFL suspension. I'd say if you could get a 2nd rounder for him you are doing good.

Yeah, he has to many issues to get anywhere near what he is worth in a trade. That is why I think it is highly unlikely he gets traded. As a fan I would be pissed if Denver traded Marshall away for a measly second round pick, but I would be fine with a 1st.

milkman
08-19-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't know if I would consider Haleys being a hard ass on Bowe not seeing eye to eye especially considering Bowe seems to be responding and Haley keeps saying he's "making progress" and now he is starting get snaps with the first team.

Exactly, and we're also seeing in camp reports that Haly is giving Bowe props in practice when he's doing things right.

Buck
08-19-2009, 08:14 AM
I guess Athan was right.

First and a third?

ROFL

Good Luck with that.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Why in the world would any team trade away their only young, non-injured, affordable, offensive play maker?

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-19-2009, 08:20 AM
First and a third?

ROFL

Good Luck with that.

KnowMo may be a homer, but if I was a Donk fan and he was moved for something less than that I'd be disgusted. You might as well keep him if you give a player that young with his production away for something like a 2nd. Tony was traded for a 2nd and he's like 10 years older.

Mile High Mania
08-19-2009, 08:32 AM
I'll support the trading of Marshall only if they immediately parlay what they receive into a trade for Boldin. Make that happen and I could live with it.

jaa1025
08-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Bowe's not going anywhere, period. He's already one of the best receivers in the game and has even more potential to be right up there with Fitzgerald...well maybe a notch or two below.

HemiEd
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
I can't see the Chiefs trading are best receiver. Is Cassel going to throw and catch it too...

Well he is making more money than Grbac did, maybe he can.

kcchiefsus
08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Bowe's not going anywhere, period. He's already one of the best receivers in the game and has even more potential to be right up there with Fitzgerald...well maybe a notch or two below.

Yeah maybe not quite Fitzgerald but he certainly has it in him to be at least on par with Boldin.

MVChiefFan
08-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I can't see the Chiefs trading are best receiver. Is Cassel going to throw and catch it too...

Are you kidding me, we have Copper and Darling as our starters! If we can trade a third stringer lets do it. :rolleyes:

salame
08-19-2009, 10:53 AM
It is not possible for bowe to be as good as fitzgerald

Demonpenz
08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
bye showboating piece of shit

penguinz
08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Bowe's not going anywhere, period. He's already one of the best receivers in the game and has even more potential to be right up there with Fitzgerald...well maybe a notch or two below.Or 5 or 6.

DaWolf
08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
I highly doubt Pioli would make a deal with the Jets with Billy B. and Tuna in that division for one of his only offensive playmakers unless he was able to get a ransom for Bowe...

Detoxing
08-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeah maybe not quite Fitzgerald but he certainly has it in him to be at least on par with Boldin.

Eh, I don't see Bowe as the Boldin Type. I think of him to be on par with T.O. Same kind of athletic ability and body type.

salame
08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Eh, I don't see Bowe as the Boldin Type. I think of him to be on par with T.O. Same kind of athletic ability and body type.

His combine scouting reports said his ceiling was andre johnson
but keep it mind that was before andre johnson really blew up

Micjones
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Bowe is about as likely to be traded as Tyler Thigpen is to start against the Ravens.

Kerberos
08-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Jets looking to make trade for wide receiver with Brandon Marshall, Dwanye Bowe on radar.

CORTLAND, N.Y. - The Jets are known for making deals in August - remember some guy named Favre? - and they're thinking trade once again.

They're exploring the wide-receiver market and have held preliminary discussions with a few teams, according to NFL sources. Although he's not officially on the trading block, the biggest name on the Jets' radar is the Broncos' Brandon Marshall, who has issued a pay me-or-trade me demand. At this point, the Jets are only monitoring the Marshall situation in Denver.

The Broncos reportedly have no interest in trading Marshall, 25, one of the top young receivers in the league, but they also said the same thing about quarterback Jay Cutler - and now he's playing for the Bears.

Because of off-the-field issues, a surgically repaired hip and enormous contract demands (he's entering the final year), Marshall would be a risk for any team. But there's no denying his talent: 206 catches and 2,590 yards over the last two seasons. At 6-4, he'd be a much-needed target in the red zone for the Jets. While they consider Marshall a long shot, they're not about to summarily dismiss it.

The Jets have one of the most inexperienced receiving corps in the league, the reliable Jerricho Cotchery and four other veterans with a combined total of 110 catches. The organization doesn't believe the picture is as bleak as some are painting it, but it wouldn't mind adding a proven playmaker.

If the Jets do add a veteran, it probably won't be a free agent such as Marvin Harrison.

Another name to watch is the Chiefs' Dwayne Bowe, a former first-round pick. He caught 86 balls for 1,022 yards on an awful team last season, but he's had a difficult transition under new coach Todd Haley. He may have played his way out of the doghouse with five catches in the preseason opener, but the Chiefs are rebuilding and will move a player if he doesn't fit their long-term plans.

The Giants are another team that bears watching. They have a glut of receivers, and the Jets are wondering if one, perhaps Sinorice Moss, will become available.

The Jets are looking for a consistent threat other than Cotchery. Chansi Stuckey is slated to start opposite Cotchery, with Brad Smith the No. 3 wideout, but the flavor of the week is David Clowney. He caught three passes for 102yards and a touchdown in the opener.

"He stepped up big-time in that game," Rex Ryan said yesterday. "I think that was huge. We all know he can do it. He's got that blazing speed. It wasn't necessarily a surprise. You guys saw it last year (in the preseason) ...but it was good for me to see with my own eyes."

The receivers have been dealing with the speculation since the draft, when the Jets tried to trade up for Percy Harvin. Then came the rumors about Plaxico Burress, now an afterthought because he's reportedly facing a long suspension. Cotchery doesn't believe they need another veteran. "I'm leading these troops right now," he said. "I think we have the guys to get it done. We have some talented guys."

The players and coaches are buzzing about speedster Aundrae Allison, whom the Jets acquired Aug. 5 on waivers from the Vikings.

"I always call him '88 and out the gate.' He can fly," Ryan said. "I'm just waiting for them to throw him a ball. I'm like, 'You know, he's open. Eighty-eight is open again.' I'm just waiting for our quarterbacks to realize that."

Ryan can talk all he wants, but GM Mike Tannenbaum has a reputation for making deals in the preseason. In recent years, the Jets have acquired Pete Kendall, Ty Law, Kevan Barlow and, of course, Brett Favre.

salame
08-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Ty Law lol

King_Chief_Fan
08-19-2009, 11:18 AM
If we get the kind of compensation for Bowe that helps the Chiefs get Boldin...go for it.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
If we get the kind of compensation for Bowe that helps the Chiefs get Boldin...go for it.

So you basically flip Bowe for Boldin and end up paying a lot more money?

LaChapelle
08-19-2009, 11:26 AM
This should bring all the Jet fan douchebags to the yard.

salame
08-19-2009, 11:26 AM
why is everyone so concerned about paying money for good players?

Sure-Oz
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
this wont happen, we have no WR's

LaChapelle
08-19-2009, 11:29 AM
When he's a free agent? He's gone.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
why is everyone so concerned about paying money for good players?

Is he worth twice as much as Bowe? He hasn't played a full season 4 of 6 of his years in the NFL.

KC kid
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Given Pioli's hatred of the Jets, I doubt they deal with NY.

58kcfan89
08-19-2009, 11:45 AM
This should bring all the Jet fan douchebags to the yard.

Reminds me of being at the Hall of Fame a few weeks ago. Met my first group of Jets fans that were actually from NY. Ya know the stereotype of the "So I says to him, I says..." guy from NY? That was all the Jets fans.

As far as the Bowe Show goes, it's not going anywhere unless we get a ridiculous return or a Boldin-type WR in return. Seeing as how neither of those are likely to happen, I'm pretty sure Bowe stays.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2009, 11:45 AM
it sounds like this guy is reaching here. He figures Bowe is in the dog house, so they want to trade him. But i dont think that it at all, i think we are just being hard on Bowe to max his talent.

salame
08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Is he worth twice as much as Bowe? He hasn't played a full season 4 of 6 of his years in the NFL.

Is Andre Johnson worth twice as much as Bowe? he has only played fully in 4 out of 6 also
Larry Fitzgerald has only played a full season is 3 out his 5
Marques Colston has played 1 full season out of 3
Steve smith has played a full season in 2 out his 8 years

and all of those guys are way better than bowe

Iowanian
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Did that come from WPI NY *special victim unit"?

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Is Andre Johnson worth twice as much as Bowe? he has only played fully in 4 out of 6 also

You think Boldin and Johnson are way better than Bowe?

salame
08-19-2009, 12:08 PM
if you think there isn't much difference between andre johnson and dwayne bowe
you really need to find a new hobby

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Compare their numbers their first two years in the league.

Brock
08-19-2009, 12:16 PM

If you think Bowe isn't a very impressive receiver, you really need to stop being dumb.

salame
08-19-2009, 12:18 PM
If you think Bowe isn't a very impressive receiver, you really need to stop being dumb.

that's laughable I never said he wasn't a decent
he is a long way from johnson though

kcchiefsus
08-19-2009, 12:22 PM

What makes Marques Colston WAY better than Bowe?

Colston has better numbers through 2 years (2,240 yards and 19 touchdowns) than Bowe (2,017 yards and 12 touchdowns) but the numbers are not so much better that he should be considered a WAY better receiver, especially when Drew Brees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen. Hell Lance Moore had similar stats to Bowe last year and I guarantee he isn't half the receiver that Bowe is.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Johnson just finished his 6th season. Bowe finished his second with Herm as a head coach and having two different coordinators in his first two seasons.

Bowe first two years:
Rec: 156
Yards: 2017
TD: 12

Johnson first two years:
Rec: 145
Yards 2118
TD: 10

CoMoChief
08-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Andre Johnson is MUCH better than Bowe.

kcchiefsus
08-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Andre Johnson is MUCH better than Bowe.

Well right now he is, he has also been in the NFL alot longer than Bowe. As has already been pointed out both have almost identical stats through 2 years in the league.

Brock

He's better than decent. He's much, much better than decent.

Bane
Boldin will never be a Chief,get over it.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Matt Jones is still available for no compensation. Still can't believe that.

Bowe won't be traded. Just a complete shot in the dark by the "reporter".

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 12:40 PM

Bowe won't be traded. Just a complete shot in the dark by the "reporter".

With Pioli in charge, I think anything is possible.

They have no allegiance to Bowe, just as they had no allegiance to Gonzalez. Todd Haley coached Steve Breaston, a fifth round pick, to become a 1,000 yard receiver along side Fitzgerald and Boldin! I'm sure he thinks he can do that again.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere this season and if the right trade comes along (say a 1, 3 & a 6), Bowe's a goner.

salame
08-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Johnson just finished his 6th season. Bowe finished his second with Herm as a head coach and having two different coordinators in his first two seasons.

Bowe first two years:
Rec: 156
Yards: 2017
TD: 12

Johnson first two years:
Rec: 145
Yards 2118
TD: 10

Johnson had two different O-coordinators and his qb led the league in being sacked by a HUGE margin those two seasons

plus I 'm not talking about andre johnson from the past
I am talking right now
d-bowe right now and andre johnson right now

okiedokieokoye
08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
This would make a lot of sense...I just bought a Bowe jersey.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't think anyone is debating Andre Johnson is much better than Dwayne Bowe right now. That said, Bowe is just entering his third year. He's done pretty damn well in his first 2 years all things considered. He may never be as good as Andre Johnson, but he could be better. Nobody knows, but he certainly has potential.

Brock
08-19-2009, 12:57 PM
plus I 'm not talking about andre johnson from the past
I am talking right now
d-bowe right now and andre johnson right now

Which makes your point all the more uninteresting.

keg in kc
08-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Sure it's already been said, but if you're shopping a player, you probably don't demote him. That's just weakening your position in the bargaining.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Why is there a Bowe, Andre Johnson debate?

That isn't really fair, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are 2 guys that no one should get compared to no one else has that kind of upside or natural talent. Andre Johnson is bigger than Bowe is yet he has top end speed.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2009, 01:19 PM
People believe anything they read?

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Why is there a Bowe, Andre Johnson debate?

That isn't really fair, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are 2 guys that no one should get compared to no one else has that kind of upside or natural talent. Andre Johnson is bigger than Bowe is yet he has top end speed.

Yet Bowe put up better #'s his first two years than Johnson did?

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM

Great numbers are numbers Johnson plays on the worst team in the game. There isn't a person alive that would take Bowe over him, that's not to discount Bowe it's just that Calvin is a freak.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Great numbers are numbers Johnson plays on the worst team in the game. There isn't a person alive that would take Bowe over him, that's not to discount Bowe it's just that Calvin is a freak.

I was speaking of Andre Johnson.

chasedude
08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
As I said in my last post in another thread....

I don't believe everything I see on the planet.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM

I don't think there is one that would take him over Andre either...

Those guys are just different animals Andre Johnson is a 230lb man with top end speed.

Mr. Krab
08-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I haven't seen the work ethic and dedication by Bowe to become an elite receiver yet. Apparently neither has Haley considering the demotion. That said, we are not trading Bowe unless it leads directly to us getting another WR that we think is better.

example: Jets were going to give us a 1st and 3rd for Bowe and then we already had a deal in place to give those picks(plus whatever) to the Cardinals for Boldin.

No way to we go into the season without Bowe or another comparable receiver.

Detoxing
Andre is much faster than Bowe, which puts Bowe at an obvious disadvantage for the comparison. Bowe is more of a Fitz/T.O Type. Andre is more of a Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss Type. Different kind of receiver.

Chiefnj2
I don't think there is one that would take him over Andre either...

Those guys are just different animals Andre Johnson is a 230lb man with top end speed.

And yet with more natural ability Andre Johnson wasn't able to put up better numbers than Bowe his first two years in the league.

I think people on this board greatly underestimate Bowe's ability as a WR. The grass is always greener.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
With Pioli in charge, I think anything is possible.

They have no allegiance to Bowe, just as they had no allegiance to Gonzalez. Todd Haley coached Steve Breaston, a fifth round pick, to become a 1,000 yard receiver along side Fitzgerald and Boldin! I'm sure he thinks he can do that again.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere this season and if the right trade comes along (say a 1, 3 & a 6), Bowe's a goner.

That would suck.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:32 PM
And yet with more natural ability Andre Johnson wasn't able to put up better numbers than Bowe his first two years in the league.

I think people on this board greatly underestimate Bowe's ability as a WR. The grass is always greener.

Of course he got drafted by the expansion team with it's I believe 1st pick in the 2nd year..

Either way if you're picking WR's generally speaking you take the guy with the huge body and top end speed before you take the guy with just the body. it's no slight on Bowe it's just what you naturally have.

There's a reason Andre was a top 5 pick.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Of course he got drafted by the expansion team with it's I believe 1st pick in the 2nd year..

Either way if you're picking WR's generally speaking you take the guy with the huge body and top end speed before you take the guy with just the body. it's no slight on Bowe it's just what you naturally have.

There's a reason Andre was a top 5 pick.

Bowe should have been a top 10 pick too. Theres a reason Miamis GM/Coach aren't there anymore.

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
just listened to a jet's beat reporter who didn't think there was anything to this...

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Bowe should have been a top 10 pick too. Theres a reason Miamis GM/Coach aren't there anymore.

Eh Miami gets blasted for passing on the QB, Bowe was generally projected right around where he went, he was projected to the Chiefs numerous times.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Eh Miami gets blasted for passing on the QB, Bowe was generally projected right around where he went, he was projected to the Chiefs numerous times.

Bowe > Ginn. It seemed like alot of fans weren't happy with the Bowe pick, he's really a stud though. I think trading him would be a mistake and a great way to get Cassel hurt. A bad o-line+ Wr's that don't get open= injured QB. Was the QB Brady Quinn? Yea I don't know about Brady either he's good and the Browns are stupid or he didn't get draft til late for a reason.

King_Chief_Fan
08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
So you basically flip Bowe for Boldin and end up paying a lot more money?

Boldin > Bowe

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Yea well they should have taken Quinn...and Ted Ginn wasn't projected that high either.

jaa1025
08-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Boldin > Bowe

Bowe+Age>Boldin+Age

Bowe can be great if Haley can do what he did with Fitzgerald...and thats exactly what it seems he's trying to do.

Brock
08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Boldin > Bowe

Not really, no.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Boldin is Bowe's upside so....I like Dwayne Bowe and all but he isn't as good as Boldin is right now.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Boldin> Bowe. Boldin actually played some QB in college. I remember he played a bowl game as QB and sucked.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
He was a QB in high school, FSU had him there because a bunch of guys were hurt or suspended I don't remember which.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Yes, Boldin is better right now, but it would be pretty dumb to trade a young reciever for a vet when the team is in the shape it is now.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Yes, Boldin is better right now, but it would be pretty dumb to trade a young reciever for a vet when the team is in the shape it is now.

Boldin's 28...Bowe is 24, so there isn't a huge huge age gap there.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM

Wow, I disagree.

Bowe has probably 8 more years of being a consistent, high quality receiving threat.

Boldin's got maybe 4 years.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Wow, I disagree.

Bowe has probably 8 more years of being a consistent, high quality receiving threat.

Boldin's got maybe 4 years.

Disagree, Boldin's game isn't and has never been straight speed, so much like Terrell Owens I expect him to be productive well into his 30's.

RustShack
08-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Only Chiefs fans could think Bowe was better than Johnson. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Disagree, Boldin's game isn't and has never been straight speed, so much like Terrell Owens I expect him to be productive well into his 30's.

Well, I guess we'll see. I just think that 4 years is pretty huge when considering similar receivers.

And I think that T.O. is a freak. I'd be shocked if either Bowe or Boldin were consistently producing at that age, or anywhere near it.

RJ
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM

By NFL standards it probably is. I have nothing to back this up, but my guess is that a 28 year old receiver is likely at his peak and will see his performance begin to recede. A 24 year old receiver is likely just entering his most productive years.

Brock
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM

I don't see one single person here saying that. :rolleyes:

Mecca
08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
This is the way I look at WR's, a WR who relies on straight speed to get open is going to be done as soon as that speed goes so you're looking at right around 30.

Guys who use their size and power like a TO or a Boldin can last longer because their age isn't going to make them lose that.

Pasta Giant Meatball

Cmon, use some logic. They were comparing the players stats after 2 years in the league.

Mecca
By NFL standards it probably is. I have nothing to back this up, but my guess is that a 28 year old receiver is likely at his peak and will see his performance begin to recede. A 24 year old receiver is likely just entering his most productive years.

Like I said depends on the WR, I expect Fitzgerald to be productive well into his 30's also.

A guy like Steve Smith not so much.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Cmon, use some logic. They were comparing the players stats after 2 years in the league.

The problem with that comparison is Bowe's top end highest ceiling isn't Johnson's he doesn't have the same natural gifts.

Brock
08-19-2009, 02:05 PM
The problem with that comparison is Bowe's top end highest ceiling isn't Johnson's he doesn't have the same natural gifts.

Bowe's top end higheset ceiling remains to be seen.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM

What gifts are you talking about? Speed?

Sorry. I haven't read the whole thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
Bowe's ceiling is Anquan Boldin, if he becomes that remains to be seen.

Sure-Oz
Boldin has missed 16 games in the last few years, injuries are a slight concern too

Brock
08-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Your opinion is worth what it's worth.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 02:10 PM
What gifts are you talking about? Speed?

Sorry. I haven't read the whole thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Basically, he doesn't have Johnson's top end speed, they both have the huge body, Johnson has better hands and runs better routes.

Bowe can work his ass off to catch better and run great routes but I don't think he'll ever be quite as natural as Johnson is and there's nothing he can do to get that speed.

Buehler445

What's stopping him from putting up Johnson numbers?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
Boldin has missed 16 games in the last few years, injuries are a slight concern too

Well when you get hit in the face with a helmet it tends to cause one to miss some games.

Pablo
08-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd wager Johnson is a bit faster than Bowe and Boldin both.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's the difference in top end speed.

If Bowe remains with the Chiefs, Haley's going to push him to become a better route runner with more consistent hands.

But as Jimmy Johnson used to say, you can't coach speed.

RustShack
08-19-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't see one single person here saying that. :rolleyes:

Read through the thread again.

Mecca
Posted via Mobile Device

He can put up the numbers, he just doesn't cause the same problems so to speak.

Boldin doesn't possess the gifts Johnson does but he puts up numbers he just does it a different way.

Guys like Johnson are valued a bit more because he has everything, he isn't just the big possession guy.

Brock
Read through the thread again.

Take your own advice.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

BAH! Nevermind. I suck at life today.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
If you stand them side by side....

Say the first group is..

Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss...the 2nd group is Anquan Boldin, Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Marshall...

Why is the 1st group more feared than the 2nd group?

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 02:15 PM
If you stand them side by side....

Say the first group is..

Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss...the 2nd group is Anquan Boldin, Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Marshall...

Why is the 1st group more feared than the 2nd group?

Which group would Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin and a younger TO fall into? Fitz?

RustShack
08-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Take your own advice.

OK

Brock
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
OK

You went to a lot of trouble to prove yourself wrong. Nice job, dumbo.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 02:22 PM
That is a decent take Mecca. I think Bowe has enough speed to be more than "just a possession receiver", but he is probably not as fast as Johnson. I think Bowe is a little more powerful and stronger than Johnson, and he knows how to use his body. I think he can cause a lot of problems to a secondary. Particularly if we could get another weapon to open up the field for him to break some tackles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
08-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Eh, I see a lot of people saying Bowe put up better numbers than Johnson in his first two years...or that he could some day play like Fitz or Boldin. Not so much on the Bowe >>> Johnson.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't think he's stronger or more powerful, Andre is a giant guy.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 02:26 PM
If you watch this..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/45djJD3nbyE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/45djJD3nbyE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You can see what the difference in their natural gifts to Bowes would be.

RustShack
08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Is Bowe the type of receiver a guy like Lelie needs to finally break out? I'm not saying he will, but hes sure got the speed and a coach to help him out now along with a few good veteran receivers.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think he's stronger or more powerful, Andre is a giant guy.

Could be. I haven't watched the texans too much. But from what I have seen, Bowe plays a little bigger than Johnson. Maybe it is because no one could catch Johnson to make him use his power (Pollard, you fuckass). But most of the plays I have seen him make are speed plays. They run a simple little inside slant to him that he just rips people to shreds with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
I really doub we trade Bowe-he is just too damm good.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMtU-vZOaEA

Bowe highlights. I'd put his work up against A. Johnson's first two years in the league.

People really undervalue Bowe. He has some fantastic body control and is very physical.

Pablo
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpiLTyMBYYY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpiLTyMBYYY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMtU-vZOaEA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMtU-vZOaEA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bowe's "natural gifts" aren't exactly lacking..he's just not a speedster.

CosmicPal
08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpiLTyMBYYY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpiLTyMBYYY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The music was so bad I couldn't stand to watch the video. :shake:

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Haha. Some clown really put rap to the Bowe highlight video I put together?

Here's the real one:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iC5c8AyATxM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iC5c8AyATxM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Pablo
08-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Good God GC...I liked the rap background about 10,000 times more.

Although I will admit your highlight reel is put together about 10,000 times better than the one above it.

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Good God GC...I liked the rap background about 10,000 times more.

Quite possibly because you are a moron.

Pablo
08-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Quite possibly because you are a moron.Or it could be your background music is way too fucking over-powering...

Pioli Zombie
08-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Not saying I would. Not saying I wouldn't. But...given the NE/KC pipeline

Would you trade Bowe and Dorsey for Moss, Wilfork and NE's first in 2010?

Now you'd have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in 2010. The NT needed and Moss back with Cassel.

NE gets younger WR, a replacement for Wilfork
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Or it could be your background music is way too fucking over-powering...

That's the intent.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Not saying I would. Not saying I wouldn't. But...given the NE/KC pipeline

Would you trade Bowe and Dorsey for Moss, Wilfork and NE's first in 2010?

Now you'd have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in 2010. The NT needed and Moss back with Cassel.

NE gets younger WR, a replacement for Wilfork
Posted via Mobile Device

What would you want with Dorsey?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
08-19-2009, 03:14 PM
What would you want with Dorsey?
Posted via Mobile Device

They can't keep both Wilfork and Seymour. They drafted a NT in 2009. Dorsey would be added talent on the line who is young and signed up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
That's the intent.

Your intent was for viewers to hit the mute button?

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
They can't keep both Wilfork and Seymour. They drafted a NT in 2009. Dorsey would be added talent on the line who is young and signed up.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not a good fit in the 3-4, that's why we would be trading him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
08-19-2009, 03:21 PM
You don't trade for Moss if you have a losing franchise. He doesn't have the maturity to handle losing.
You don't trade for Moss at age 32 when you're rebuilding your team

Dumbass supreme :shake:

Detoxing
08-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Quite possibly because you are a moron.

You have good editing skills. But most of the music you pick is terrible. I understand that you're trying to show the world that you think you're so much more "cultured" then everyone else, but you do not know how to pick music for a football highlight video.

Just accept it.

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2009, 03:26 PM
You have good editing skills. But most of the music you pick is terrible. I understand that you're trying to show the world that you think you're so much more "cultured" then everyone else, but you do not know how to pick music for a football highlight video.

Just accept it.

You've got to be kidding me. There's nothing cultured about Banya Feat Diana.

Mr. Krab
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM

Just accept it.Or it could be because most people over the age of 25 think Rap just plain sucks.

Detoxing
08-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Or it could be because most people over the age of 25 think Rap just plain sucks.

The video in question isn't even rap.....

LaChapelle
08-19-2009, 03:32 PM
The only WRs I care about. Are the ones that will bring a ring. **** everything else it's overkill.

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
The video in question isn't even rap.....

The fool who "remixed" the original used rap. And destroyed it. Completely.

I tell you who's opinion actually counts for something here - Bowe's. And he loved it.

Detoxing
08-19-2009, 03:35 PM
You've got to be kidding me. There's nothing cultured about Banya Feat Diana.

"im gonna make a kick ass highlight video about the most prolific player on the current chiefs roster. Hrrmmm.......some Banya Feat Diana should fit the bill pretty well...."

I just don't see the logic in your choice of music. Even if you aren't a fan of popular music, most of it fits a lot better then the stuff you pick out. Put aside your arrogance for the sake of making a more entertaining video.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree Claytan the music you play on those videos suck.

Detoxing
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
The fool who "remixed" the original used rap. And destroyed it. Completely.

I tell you who's opinion actually counts for something here - Bowe's. And he loved it.

Dude, that isn't rap. Its an instrumental. And of course Bowe loved it. WTF else is he going to say about a fans highlight video about him?

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I just don't see the logic in your choice of music.

I don't pick music based on the artist or whether or not it's "popular."

I pick it based on the content of the music.

In this case, the rhythms of "Beethoven Virus" worked rather well with Bowe moving on a football field.

But some Jay-Z would have been preferable I suppose. :rolleyes:

Dude, that isn't rap. Its an instrumental. And of course Bowe loved it. WTF else is he going to say about a fans highlight video about him?

It's pretty close. I can see dumbasses in gold chains bopping their heads to it.

L.A. Chieffan
08-19-2009, 03:42 PM
bowes a stud. hopefully we wont trade him or itll be strike 2 1/2

Tiger's Fan
08-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Or it could be because most people over the age of 25 think Rap just plain sucks.

This

Pioli Zombie
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
You don't trade for Moss if you have a losing franchise. He doesn't have the maturity to handle losing.
You don't trade for Moss at age 32 when you're rebuilding your team

Dumbass supreme :shake:

Yeah. Who needs 2 firsts and 2 seconds in 2010 when you're rebuilding your team?

Look, I didn't say I was for it or against it. But thanks for your feedback dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2009, 04:04 PM
If we did trade Bowe, I would flip out. To trade one of the few elite talents on the team, one of the foundations of a young, struggling offense, would be ridiculous. I'd love to make a play for Boldin, but not if it means getting rid of Bowe. It's a combination of the two plus a speedy slot guy (possibly Lelie if he turns out to not suck) that excites me, not trading one Pro Bowl-caliber receiver for another (older) one.

SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T WE SIGNED HIM

Haley can't be TOO disappointed with these schmucks if he hasn't made an effort to lock down a talented guy like Matt Jones.

raybec 4
08-19-2009, 04:09 PM
If we did trade Bowe, I would flip out. To trade one of the few elite talents on the team, one of the foundations of a young, struggling offense, would be ridiculous. I'd love to make a play for Boldin, but not if it means getting rid of Bowe. It's a combination of the two plus a speedy slot guy (possibly Lelie if he turns out to not suck) that excites me, not trading one Pro Bowl-caliber receiver for another (older) one.

SERIOUSLY WHY THE **** HAVEN'T WE SIGNED HIM

Haley can't be TOO disappointed with these schmucks if he hasn't made an effort to lock down a talented guy like Matt Jones.

Yeah we should then make an effort to sign Plaxico Buress and Dante Stallworth we could have the all league suspension team.

Pablo
08-19-2009, 06:53 PM
But some Jay-Z would have been preferable I suppose. :rolleyes:

No, an instrumental that doesn't totally destroy the video would have been preferable. It's not like the guy put Lil Wayne rapping in the background of your video. It was an instrumental sample with bass and snare...nothing too gangsta about it.

Unless you're a 50 year old man trapped in a 20-something's body and think anything that has an electronic sample is "rap". Honestly, the only reason his video has a higher rating(albeit tiny) is because of the music selection.

It's a very good video..with poor music to match.

milkman
08-19-2009, 07:19 PM

Yeah.

I don't think the difference between Bowe is nearly as desparate as it's appears some have implied.

Johnson and Johnson, and Fitz are just a step above Bowe talent wise, and when/if Bowe fixes his concentration issues, that separation will become even smaller.

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
D Bowe will retire a Chief

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
then go in the HOF

salame
08-19-2009, 07:30 PM

I have been saying this but it has fallen on deaf ears

salame
08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
That is a decent take Mecca. I think Bowe has enough speed to be more than "just a possession receiver", but he is probably not as fast as Johnson. I think Bowe is a little more powerful and stronger than Johnson, and he knows how to use his body. I think he can cause a lot of problems to a secondary. Particularly if we could get another weapon to open up the field for him to break some tackles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have you ever seen andre johnson? No way is bowe stronger or more powerful

http://media.kiiitv.com/images/andre%20johnson1.jpg

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah we should then make an effort to sign Plaxico Buress and Dante Stallworth we could have the all league suspension team.

Because Matt Jones is suspended?

salame
08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
lots of matt jones hate here

Mecca
08-19-2009, 07:43 PM
lots of matt jones hate here

If you haven't noticed this market loves good guys, even if they are shitty players.

About the only player I can ever recall being defended after doing dumb shit was Jared Allen.

This market loves the hard working good guy over the talented screwup.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 07:45 PM
If you haven't noticed this market loves good guys, even if they are shitty players.

About the only player I can ever recall being defended after doing dumb shit was Jared Allen.

Yeah, because Jared Allen had a drinking problem and is a little white trash. Most Chiefs fans can relate to that, sadly.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah, because Jared Allen had a drinking problem and is a little white trash. Most Chiefs fans can relate to that, sadly.

Pretty much, I remember Chiefs fans who hated Dale Carter.

dirk digler
08-19-2009, 07:51 PM

Yeah but once he left here he flamed out so everybody was right about him

DaWolf
08-19-2009, 07:52 PM
SERIOUSLY WHY THE **** HAVEN'T WE SIGNED HIM

There's got to be something to it. It's not just us, no one has been sniffing around him. Something's up...

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
There's got to be something to it. It's not just us, no one has been sniffing around him. Something's up...

Haha, sniffing...cocaine....

Mecca
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah but once he left here he flamed out so everybody was right about him

Still I always found it funny to see fans hate on a guy who made the pro bowl something like 5 times while he was here.

Meanwhile people liked Willie Davis, it hurt my head even as a kid.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know. I signed Matt Jones to my Madden franchise. He's got more yards than Bowe right now.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Have you ever seen andre johnson? No way is bowe stronger or more powerful

http://media.kiiitv.com/images/andre%20johnson1.jpg

WTF are you talking about? Pollard never even touched him. That play did not show any power at all.

He's a big guy, but Bowe's game (Maybe it was more Hutard and Thigpen's game) is much more physical than is Johnson. Most of Johnson's plays are based on speed. Bowe runs through tackles.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd consider Andre Johnson a complete WR, there is nothing he can't do he has every tool.

JASONSAUTO
Still I always found it funny to see fans hate on a guy who made the pro bowl something like 5 times while he was here.

ummm didnt willie lead the league in YPC at least once? for a marty team that is an accomplishment

Halfcan

yep all chiefs fans have drinking problems and are white trash :rolleyes:

Mecca
08-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I think he's trying to say fans in this market can relate to Jared Allen and accept his problems alot easier than they can say someone like Dale Carter when he was here.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I'd consider Andre Johnson a complete WR, there is nothing he can't do he has every tool.

No argument. But I think Bowe plays with more power.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 08:10 PM
yep all chiefs fans have drinking problems and are white trash :rolleyes:

Not all of them. But take a hard look at the Arrowhead parking lot next time you're tailgating. Then go to a casino and look at the people wearing Chiefs sweatshirts.

It's just a different fanbase from cities like Seattle or Miami or San Francisco.

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Not all of them. But take a hard look at the Arrowhead parking lot next time you're tailgating. Then go to a casino and look at the people wearing Chiefs sweatshirts.

It's just a different fanbase from cities like Seattle or Miami or San Francisco.

okay I will do that-first look around at the home opener, then go to the casino to see who is wearing red-then I will compare them to fans from 3 cities with double the income bracket

good advice

Chiefnj2
08-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Chief fans turn on players all the time for no known reason. Backups, long shot white players, and players with nicknames become fan favorites.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 08:21 PM
okay I will do that-first look around at the home opener, then go to the casino to see who is wearing red-then I will compare them to fans from 3 cities with double the income bracket

good advice

Ugh...nevermind.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2009, 08:24 PM

Or because he's a fucking dope fiend. And Matt Jones is an average WR if he was real good a team would have signed him.

milkman
08-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Chief fans turn on players all the time for no known reason. Backups, long shot white players, and players with nicknames become fan favorites.

I'm not sure.

What I know is that I like players who work hard.

If I have a choice between two players in the same position that both give 100% effort, but one is more talented than the other, even if he has had some off field issues, I will support the more talented player.

However, if he isn't a hard worker, or he's a cancer in the locker room, I will support the lesser talented player and hope we can find another more talented player ot replace him who isn't a slacker or a cancer.

salame
08-19-2009, 08:43 PM
WTF are you talking about? Pollard never even touched him. That play did not show any power at all.

He's a big guy, but Bowe's game (Maybe it was more Hutard and Thigpen's game) is much more physical than is Johnson. Most of Johnson's plays are based on speed. Bowe runs through tackles.

honestly I think johnson just has an easier time getting open than bowe
which would lead towards your thinking that he isn't as physical
he doesn't have to be physical because he gets open

JASONSAUTO
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure.

What I know is that I like players who work hard.

If I have a choice between two players in the same position that both give 100% effort, but one is more talented than the other, even if he has had some off field issues, I will support the more talented player.

However, if he isn't a hard worker, or he's a cancer in the locker room, I will support the lesser talented player and hope we can find another more talented player ot replace him who isn't a slacker or a cancer.

i agree here, EFFORT is the key, i could give two shits if he's a "good guy". put in the work and i'll be a fan

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
honestly I think johnson just has an easier time getting open than bowe
which would lead towards your thinking that he isn't as physical
he doesn't have to be physical because he gets open

Yeah, he relies on his speed a lot more. Not saying he CANNOT be physical, it's just not as much of his game as Bowes.

salame
08-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, he relies on his speed a lot more. Not saying he CANNOT be physical, it's just not as much of his game as Bowes.

because it doesn't need to be
do you think Bowe is going to continue to not get injured if he getting cracked going through the middle?

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
because it doesn't need to be
do you think Bowe is going to continue to not get injured if he getting cracked going through the middle?

Maybe. Maybe not. He doesn't go across the middle too much. A lot of his stuff is (has been, who knows what Haley will do) on the sideline. Mostly because Tony owned the middle. Bowe is faster than TG, and TG didn't have any problems, except when he tried to save Hutard's god awful pass from being intercepted in Miami.

salame
08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
look man
you keep on believing what you believe
and I will know what I know

because you probably have a lot of scouting knowledge and watch a lot more games
k?

JASONSAUTO
08-19-2009, 08:59 PM
look man

because you probably have a lot of scouting knowledge and watch a lot more games
k?

huh? did smed hijack this account?

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 09:00 PM
look man

k?

WTF?

I never said I was a scout. I watch all the games I can. All I am saying that Bowe plays a lot more physical than Johnson does, and I think he is probably stronger. Calm down.

JASONSAUTO
08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
WTF?

I never said I was a scout. I watch all the games I can. All I am saying that Bowe plays a lot more physical than Johnson does, and I think he is probably stronger. Calm down.

ROFL

Valiant
08-19-2009, 09:01 PM

I think the hate on him is after he left.. Carter was amazing for us..

salame
08-19-2009, 09:02 PM
*yawn*

JASONSAUTO
08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
I think hate on him after he left.. Carter was amazing for us..

for sure, hasty and carter. those were the days. in fact flowers and carr resemble them in build

boogblaster
08-19-2009, 09:13 PM
bowe show will be in red and white