PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Fantasy Football Question

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Who do you guys and gals think is going to put up the most fantasy football points this year at WR? Most...if not all rankings show Fitz as the #1 ranked receiver. Do you agree or disagree with this? Reason I'm asking is I'm in a fantasy football pool and am drafting in the #8 slot. I'm not so sure about Fitz and am leaning towards taking Moss as the first WR off the board at #8. My top five in a ppr format would be...

1. Moss
2. A. Johnson
3. Fitz
4. Megatron
5. Wayne

Maybe the Madden curse is a little in the back of my mind. Someone talk me outta taking Moss #1. I'm just looking back at those 2007 totals and hoping now that Brady is back he'll get close to 90 catches, 1500 yards and 15 TD's.

soundmind
08-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Watch out for Reggie Wayne this year.

If you're drafting 8th overall though, you might consider waiting to see who drops to you. You might find a RB that shouldn't be there.

Also, I would personally take a QB before a WR at that spot if I wasn't going RB. Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning are worth more than any WR.

rambleonthruthefog
08-19-2009, 03:22 PM

If you're drafting 8th overall though, you might consider waiting to see who drops to you. You might find a RB that shouldn't be there.

Also, I would personally take a QB before a WR at that spot if I wasn't going RB. Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning are worth more than any WR.

pretty much this.

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 03:26 PM

The only quirk in our league is that you only need to start one RB so I figure I could load up on WR talent the first two rounds with guys like Moss and Wayne and then pick up a guy like Ronnie Brown in the third. I have a feeling WRs are going to go like crazy in the first two rounds of my league this year.

I'm thinking Turner might be available to me at #8 because he doesn't get many receptions but am not sure. Here is how I think the first seven picks will go..

1. ADP
2. MJD
3. Brady (6 pts for all TD's in our league)
4. Brees
5. Forte
6. Turner (or may take the first WR off the board)
7. Manning
8. ??? Who do I pick????

wutamess
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
hmmm. MJD is the #2 pick this year?
That's odd.
I guess I need to start looking at some mock FFL drafts.

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
hmmm. MJD is the #2 pick this year?
That's odd.
I guess I need to start looking at some mock FFL drafts.

They have him ranked #1 ahead of ADP in ppr leagues on CBS.

Mile High Mania
08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Really helps to know your scoring... lineup requirements... size of the league.

sedated
08-19-2009, 03:32 PM
seems to be an amazingly pass-friendly league - 6 pts for passing TDs, PPR, and only 1 starting RB.

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Really helps to know your scoring... lineup requirements... size of the league.

standard scoring in a 12 man league. We are going to be allowed to keep two players from this years draft so I guess it's a keeper league.

6 pts for all TD's
1 pt for 10 yards rushing/receiving
1 pt for 25 yards passing
1 pt for a reception

starting lineup

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 DE/LB
1 DB

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
seems to be an amazingly pass-friendly league - 6 pts for passing TDs, PPR, and only 1 starting RB.

Tell me about it. I keep trying to get the commissioner to change it back to a 2 RB league but people complained about RB hoarding and lack of quality in the position so he dropped it to 1 RB a few years ago. I couldn't even get him to add a flex position.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Tell me about it. I keep trying to get the commissioner to change it back to a 2 RB league but people complained about RB hoarding and lack of quality in the position so he dropped it to 1 RB a few years ago. I couldn't even get him to add a flex position.

That's kind of the point. Position scarcity = strategy. It wouldn't be fun otherwise.

Valiant
08-19-2009, 05:09 PM

This...

Also I think Fitz might drop a little this year, not because of his skills, I just see Warner regressing a little..

If it comes down to Moss or Fitz I would choose Moss, but depending on scoring I would take 3-5QBs ahead of those WR at that spot..

Really I would have to see the scoring setup..

Valiant
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
standard scoring in a 12 man league. We are going to be allowed to keep two players from this years draft so I guess it's a keeper league.

6 pts for all TD's
1 pt for 10 yards rushing/receiving
1 pt for 25 yards passing
1 pt for a reception

starting lineup

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 DE/LB
1 DB

So pass catching RB's are gold..

Valiant
08-19-2009, 05:13 PM

How many teams though??? If 20 or more teams I can see it..

I just joined a friends league and feeling I might regret it.. 20 Teams, 2RB slots and one RB/WR flex spot..

Some teams will not even have one good starting RB..

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 05:21 PM

I just joined a friends league and feeling I might regret it.. 20 Teams, 2RB slots and one RB/WR flex spot..

It was a 14 team league but this year it dropped down to 12 and still only 1 RB.

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 05:27 PM

...and 20 teams is nuts for a league.

Don't worry you can always get LJ at the #20 spot.

Nzoner
08-19-2009, 05:58 PM
It was a 14 team league but this year it dropped down to 12 and still only 1 RB.

Sorry but that's crazy as hell,our 12 team(15 year old league) drafts

2 qb...start 1
4 rb...start 2
2 te...start 1
6 wr...start 3
2 K.....1
2 def/st...1
2 head coaches...1

1 extra player

The FA pool is a little weak after that but it never fails there's always guys that come on that will be available.

Chief Chief
08-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Ronnie Brown

KCBOSS1
08-19-2009, 06:07 PM
(1) Andre Johnson (2) Larry Fitz

I had Fitz last year, he's my keeper this year. He's insane.

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 06:53 PM
(1) Andre Johnson (2) Larry Fitz

I had Fitz last year, he's my keeper this year. He's insane.

He's amazing, but his stats will go down with Leinart throwing to him. Warner's hip won't hold up.

kc1977
08-19-2009, 07:02 PM

Watch out meaning "beware of Reggie Wayne"...

or Watch out meaning "Reggie Wayne is going to light it up this year"

Just curious. I've had him on my team the last 2 years...2 years ago he was awesome, last year not so great. Considering taking him round 2 or so, still, though.

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 07:18 PM

Just curious. I've had him on my team the last 2 years...2 years ago he was awesome, last year not so great. Considering taking him round 2 or so, still, though.

I had him two years ago and won the Championship with him and Manning on my team. Last year he was average but I'm also hoping to land him as my #2 WR in the second round this year. I'm just not sure if I should match him up with Fitz, A. Johnson, or Moss.

riskrevival
08-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Andre Johnsons breakout year. He will be #1 across the line come seasons end.

CanadianChief
08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Andre Johnsons breakout year. He will be #1 across the line come seasons end.

What was last year then?

You talkin' Moss 2007 numbers???

soundmind
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM

I just personally think he's gonna BLOW UP this year. He's been better than good for a while, and now it's his show on the other end of Manning's passes.

Also, I think the Colts have a pass-friendly schedule.

Valiant
08-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry but that's crazy as hell,our 12 team(15 year old league) drafts

2 qb...start 1
4 rb...start 2
2 te...start 1
6 wr...start 3
2 K.....1
2 def/st...1
2 head coaches...1

1 extra player

The FA pool is a little weak after that but it never fails there's always guys that come on that will be available.

That is a lot of bench spots.. We usually only have 6 spots and two IR slots.. That way people have to decide the way the draft(not everyone on the same bye week) and have a strong FA pool..

DrRyan
08-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Who do you guys and gals think is going to put up the most fantasy football points this year at WR? Most...if not all rankings show Fitz as the #1 ranked receiver. Do you agree or disagree with this? Reason I'm asking is I'm in a fantasy football pool and am drafting in the #8 slot. I'm not so sure about Fitz and am leaning towards taking Moss as the first WR off the board at #8. My top five in a ppr format would be...

1. Moss
2. A. Johnson
3. Fitz
4. Megatron
5. Wayne

Maybe the Madden curse is a little in the back of my mind. Someone talk me outta taking Moss #1. I'm just looking back at those 2007 totals and hoping now that Brady is back he'll get close to 90 catches, 1500 yards and 15 TD's.

1. Fitz
1a. Andre Johnson
3. Megatron
4. Moss

IMO this is how it breaks down, especially in a ppr league. The first three will all likely be near or above 100 receptions. Moss is a big play guy for sure but does not catch as many balls. But at 8 Fitz or Andre are the only guys I would take. I would put a few others above Wayne as also. Steve Smith, Roddy White, and maybe Greg Jennings. I would also disagree with taking a QB that early. Many more #1 fantasy QBs than #1 fantasy WRs.