PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The planet on 810 this am

tooge
08-20-2009, 09:24 AM
I was listening to St. John this morning (I think he is a douchbag with all of his boring drivel by the way) and he said he visits this site often and they said the link to Athans story about marshall was from the planet. All the guys gave the planet props. Too bad that show sucks. I was only listening for a minute during a commercial on another channel.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Did he say Mr. Flopnuts? That's an instant listener spike.

DaKCMan AP
08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Did he say Mr. Flopnuts? That's an instant listener spike.

I'm fairly certain they mentioned that DaKCMan AP is Awesome.

DeezNutz
08-20-2009, 09:28 AM
It's cool that he admitted to trolling the site.

Morning talk radio shows are different animals by design, so I think 810 does a pretty nice job with theirs.

wild1
08-20-2009, 09:28 AM
did they say whether Brandon Marshall is a Chief yet?

KCUnited
08-20-2009, 09:29 AM
The guys from camp were talking about this media guy from Minnesota saying that Vick would be starting for the Eagles next year and McNabb would be starting for the Vikings next year. Bukaty blurted out 'was that report coming from WPI?' Everybody busted up laughing, I nearly crashed the car.

tooge
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Basically, they said that it is a great place to get the up to date chiefs info and that we are pretty funny over hear. Those bastards didn't mention how cool Tooge is, but ALAS, I am just a n00b.

Douche Baggins
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
It's nice that they plug our website.

dirk digler
08-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Morning talk radio shows are different animals by design, so I think 810 does a pretty nice job with theirs.

They shouldn't troll they should sign up and participate. Most us would be somewhat nice to them. :D

DeezNutz
08-20-2009, 09:38 AM
They shouldn't troll they should sign up and participate. Most us would be somewhat nice to them. :D

LMAO.

Yeah, Whitlock found that out, too.

rambleonthruthefog
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
chiefsplanet does rock. i've spent many more hours than normal on the net over the past couple of years thanks to the planet. And yes, you are all witty and funny, and generally a pleasure to read/listen to.

John_Wayne
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I like Steven St. John. He's very entertaining. I like Petro, I think he's the best radio sports guy in KC. I don't know why people bash them. I think it makes people with low self esteem feel better about themselves.

wild1
08-20-2009, 09:41 AM
This is a good place. Anytime Chiefs news happens it's here immediately. No need to check any other website.

Dayze
08-20-2009, 09:42 AM

This.
It's humorous (to me anyway ), with a good mix of sports sprinkled in.

the only radio I can listen to in KC is 810 in the morning.

Mile High Mania

Yeah, sounds like great endorsements... must be nice to realize you're linked to one of the least trusted premium sources for KC information.

dirk digler
LMAO.

Yeah, Whitlock found that out, too.

I was nice to Whitlock besides calling him a fat dumb ass. :D

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 09:43 AM
This is a good place. Anytime Chiefs news happens it's here immediately. No need to check any other website.

The exact same can be said for anything related to the AFCW... I know that if Denver has done something great or stupid, I should just check here and scroll through the first page before I go anywhere else.

Crazy...

DaWolf
08-20-2009, 09:43 AM

Well, except for the people who check the other websites and then post it here... :D

Douche Baggins
08-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't know why people bash them. I think it makes people with low self esteem feel better about themselves.

Yeah that happens to the best of us. A lot of nasty characters out there.

dirk digler
08-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, sounds like great endorsements... must be nice to realize you're linked to one of the least trusted premium sources for KC information.

Yep WPI is the laughing stock of Chiefs news. They have ZERO credibility because of their loser owner who just admitted he slanted and hid news stories to keep access.

Iowanian
08-20-2009, 09:48 AM
I like Steven St. John. He's very entertaining. I like Petro, I think he's the best radio sports guy in KC. I don't know why people bash them. I think it makes people with low self esteem feel better about themselves.

While it is usually more fun to crack on you, gunthergonfrequilizerfanwayne, and make jokes about being suprirsed that you were the fastest sperm...I can't say that I don't agree.

I think those guys are alright.

blaise
08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I heard that this morning. St. John made it seem like he reads it quite a bit. I like the show ok, but I hate how he always goes, "I'm not gonna do this story" "I'm not gonna read this" for like 3 minutes before he reads a story that isn't even that crazy. Just read the story.

Hog Farmer
08-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I suprized they didn't mention Hogfarmer and his bags of goo !!!!!

Raised On Riots
08-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah that happens to the best of us. A lot of nasty characters out there.

ROFL Good lord...

Inspector
08-20-2009, 10:11 AM

Um...I htink he said they were talking about this place - not your WPI site.

But maybe I misunderstood?

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 10:15 AM
does this mean we will get an influx of n00bs dumbasses from WIPE and other wanna be Chiefs message boards?

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 10:17 AM

ROFL

Keep dreaming little boy...

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 10:18 AM

this and it doesnt cost you 109$ a year for some hack and wanna b's...

Priest31kc
08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah St.John is great IMO, very funny dude.

Raised On Riots
08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
does this mean we will get an influx of n00bs dumbasses from WIPE and other wanna be Chiefs message boards?

http://www.plentyofthought.com/images/tinman.jpg

Oh Joy! Rapture!

blazzin311
08-20-2009, 10:37 AM
chiefsplanet does rock. i've spent many more hours than normal on the net over the past couple of years thanks to the planet. And yes, you are all witty and funny, and generally a pleasure to read/listen to.

Agreed.

Agreed.

LaChapelle
08-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Can they riddle me this? Is KK and idiot, shit stirrer or something inbetween?

He was talking about how the media will be all over the game between Chiefs and Vikings because of Favre. Then says "I don't know of anyone, ever caring anything about a game between the Chiefs and Vikings before."

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 10:41 AM

He was talking about how the media will be all over the game between Chiefs and Vikings because of Favre. Then says "I don't know of anyone, ever caring anything about a game between the Chiefs and Vikings before."

Dude is a low grade hack, has about as much credibility as Nick Athan and anyone working for WIPE...

His show is weak, his callers are obviously the worse ones in the city... I cant stand 5 minutes of his show...

"Bob" Dobbs
08-20-2009, 10:45 AM
does this mean we will get an influx of n00bs dumbasses from WIPE and other wanna be Chiefs message boards?Do you mean more than usual?? :rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Do you mean more than usual?? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I guess I wasnt thinking...

wild1
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Kietzman: "I don't know of anyone, ever caring anything about a game between the Chiefs and Vikings before."

:spock:

Demonpenz
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I found out about carl leaving, DT making the hall, and 9.11 on chiefsplanet

Fish
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM

KK is both an idiot and a shit stirrer. He manages that well. He's also incredibly full of himself. Loves to hear himself speak. Self aggrandizing. He's a real boob, but is oblivious to the fact.

gblowfish
08-20-2009, 11:00 AM
The reason KK is still on the air is he's a partial owner of Union Broadcasting. Whenever the boss at a radio station insists on doing air time, it's not pretty.

Gonzo
08-20-2009, 11:11 AM
THE DEAL IS DONE!

Spicy McHaggis
08-20-2009, 11:26 AM

I'm a big Petro fan as well. I think the guy does a great job interviewing guests and always has taken the time to do his research. Even here in Wisconsin I make sure to grab his podcasts off the website when I can't sit and listen to the net stream.

Chocolate Hog
08-20-2009, 12:35 PM
He also said Mecca is wrong about Sanchez

kc rush
08-20-2009, 12:42 PM

KK is right. Has there ever been a significant game between the two teams before? Maybe the Jarred Allen angle brings a little interest, but in the history of the AFL or NFL, there have been no important games played between these two.

sarcasm

Raised On Riots
08-20-2009, 12:48 PM
He also said Mecca is wrong about Sanchez

Which circus monkey w/ microphone uttered this nonsense?

MVChiefFan
08-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I found out about carl leaving, DT making the hall, and 9.11 on chiefsplanet

I found out my wife was divorcing me and I have a mild heart murmur on chiefsplanet.

penguinz
08-20-2009, 12:54 PM
KK is right. Has there ever been a significant game between the two teams before? Maybe the Jarred Allen angle brings a little interest, but in the history of the AFL or NFL, there have been no important games played between these two.

sarcasmSB IV?

penguinz
08-20-2009, 12:55 PM
SB IV?Oops... Did not see the sarcasm posted at the end.

T-post Tom
08-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I was listening to St. John this morning (I think he is a douchbag with all of his boring drivel by the way) and he said he visits this site often and they said the link to Athans story about marshall was from the planet. All the guys gave the planet props. Too bad that show sucks. I was only listening for a minute during a commercial on another channel.

I didn't know boring = d-bag. I met him once. Very nice guy.

patteeu
08-20-2009, 12:59 PM
The reason KK is still on the air is he's a partial owner of Union Broadcasting. Whenever the boss at a radio station insists on doing air time, it's not pretty.

In fairness, he was a cornerstone, on-air personality when he and his partners bought the station though so it's not like he bought a station and then put himself on the air. And my understanding is that he's won the ratings battle with 610 for the most part over the years that they've been in competition.

T-post Tom
08-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Nice? ROFL

blaise
08-20-2009, 01:04 PM
In fairness, he was a cornerstone, on-air personality when he and his partners bought the station though so it's not like he bought a station and then put himself on the air. And my understanding is that he's won the ratings battle with 610 for the most part over the years that they've been in competition.

Yeah, they pretty much crush 610 in ratings.

Rooster
08-20-2009, 02:13 PM
I found out my wife was divorcing me and I have a mild heart murmur on chiefsplanet.

Chiefsplanet taught me how to make love to a woman and scorn a child.

tooge
08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I didn't know boring = d-bag. I met him once. Very nice guy.

Mainly a d bag because prior to being a talkshow guy, he was "MU Rock " that called in to KKs show all the time talking about his days at MU and how big of an MU fan he was. Turns out he went to UMKC. So it wasn't boring= d bag, it was Phoney=d bag.

Fish
08-20-2009, 03:16 PM

He's the first place winner out of 2 contestants in the special olympics of KC sports broadcasting.... Hooray KK!

Raised On Riots
08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
He's the first place winner out of 2 contestants in the special olympics of KC sports broadcasting.... Hooray KK!

ROFL

crazycoffey
08-20-2009, 03:34 PM
The exact same can be said for anything related to the AFCW... I know that if Denver has done something great or stupid, I should just check here and scroll through the first page before I go anywhere else.

Crazy...

what?

Dante84
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Chiefsplanet taught me how to make love to a woman and scorn a child.

Funny, I learned the exact opposite here. :shrug:

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Funny, I learned the exact opposite here. :shrug:

how to scorn a women and make love to a child?

You sick fucker!

Dante84
08-20-2009, 03:56 PM
how to scorn a women and make love to a child?

You sick ****er!

That was the implied joke.... It's a fucked up planet that we post on, my friend.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
That was the implied joke.... It's a ****ed up planet that we post on, my friend.

:eek:

That is what happens when we let people from WIPE on to the message board....

Dante84
08-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Lol

Chiefs=Good
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Wait Whitlock posted on CP??? Link please???

"Bob" Dobbs
08-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Look up "BigSexy". That was Whitlock.

chefsos
08-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Look up "BigSexy". That was Whitlock.

...and jwhit.

LaChapelle
08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
and MarlboroChief

the Talking Can
08-20-2009, 09:22 PM
and pacfan

DeezNutz
08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
and Hootie.

banyon
08-20-2009, 09:26 PM

I think Danny Clinkscale actually manages to rein in KK's ego a lot of days and the show is usually tolerable then.

DeezNutz
08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I think Danny Clinkscale actually manages to rein in KK's ego a lot of days and the show is usually tolerable then.

Clinkscale knows a little bit about baseball, which is nice.

chiefbowe82
11-23-2009, 08:04 PM
rep

milkman
11-23-2009, 08:07 PM
rep

Let me clue you in on smething.

Your rep power is like a limp dick.

chiefbowe82
11-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Let me clue you in on smething.

Your rep power is like a limp dick.

i see you like the hardones

milkman
11-23-2009, 08:25 PM
i see you like the hardones

I'm just pointing out the fact that when you rep someone, it has no affect.

KcMizzou
11-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Interesting thread. I guess I missed it the first time around. I like St. John, and his show.

Beats the hell out of Roger Twibell.

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm fairly certain they mentioned that DaKCMan AP is Awesome.

And that everything is my fault...

GoHuge
11-23-2009, 10:04 PM
And that everything is my fault...
Well at least you recognize who and what you are! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
11-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Interesting thread. I guess I missed it the first time around. I like St. John, and his show.

Roger Twibell is terrible. He's got all the humor of a door, which makes it painful when he thinks he's funny.

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Sports talk radio is for chit in KC. They don't want to or can't pay top $ to attract better talent. So they settle for local people looking to break in the businesss and get experience and pay them bottom feeder $'s.

13and3
11-24-2009, 06:30 AM
St. John blows monkey balls, I used to have to be at work at 7 am, and i would listen to 810. St John would spent the first 45 minutes, if not the first hour talking about some off the wall bullshit. I would venture to say at least 60 percent of his air time is talking about his weekend, a date, a charity event, food, his car, someones clothes. Anything but sports, and espically not the Chiefs. The name ought to be 810 "small talk radio".

blaise
11-24-2009, 07:35 AM
St. John blows monkey balls, I used to have to be at work at 7 am, and i would listen to 810. St John would spent the first 45 minutes, if not the first hour talking about some off the wall bullshit. I would venture to say at least 60 percent of his air time is talking about his weekend, a date, a charity event, food, his car, someones clothes. Anything but sports, and espically not the Chiefs. The name ought to be 810 "small talk radio".

He does take a long time to get to his point sometimes. He'll start to tell a story, or a comment on something and then say, "Wait a second, Jake, did you go out last night?" Ten minutes later he still hasn't got to his point.

CHENZ A!
11-24-2009, 08:32 AM

I like St John's show too. Met him a couple times, he's a good dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

RockChalk
11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Personally, I think the Border Patrol is the best show on 810 right now. Just a bunch of guys having fun. If you don't like them, go listen to 610 where they specialize in making you even more tired than normal in the morning.

KCUnited
11-24-2009, 08:50 AM
I like St. John, not the greatest in content, but at least he's good for a chuckle or two. Twibell sounds like they mic'd up an Elks Lodge.

blaise
11-24-2009, 09:29 AM
I like St. John, not the greatest in content, but at least he's good for a chuckle or two. Twibell sounds like they mic'd up an Elks Lodge.

"Okay, you know? This guy, I mean, you know? (chuckles to himself) I mean, you know? Let's get this guy in there and see what he can do. I mean, you know? So, let's get back into some golf and some KU backup point guard talk. We'll follow that up with a bunch of sound clips from Todd Haley where he doesn't really say anything and we'll overanalyze his choice of words. Ok, you know? I mean, this guy."

- Twibell

KCUnited
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM
"Okay, you know? This guy, I mean, you know? (chuckles to himself) I mean, you know? Let's get this guy in there and see what he can do. I mean, you know? So, let's get back into some golf and some KU backup point guard talk. We'll follow that up with a bunch of sound clips from Todd Haley where he doesn't really say anything and we'll overanalyze his choice of words. Ok, you know? I mean, this guy."

- Twibell

Lookit, the problem with this rayjeeeem.....

blaise
11-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Lookit, the problem with this rayjeeeem.....

I totally forgot "lookit". Nice one.

Lzen
11-24-2009, 09:51 AM

- Twibell

Yes, because listening to Twibell is so much worse than listening to Herm Edwards every Monday morning on 810. :rolleyes:

blaise
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes, because listening to Twibell is so much worse than listening to Herm Edwards every Monday morning on 810. :rolleyes:

Drying paint thinks listening to Twibell is dull. Not that Herm's any better.

Dayze
11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
I need to get Sirius radio in my car.
although, since we moved, my commute has gone from 35 miles each way and 50 minutes, to 6 each way and 12 minutes.

....so I'm not sure the original justification of the commute applies....but getting satellite radio so I don' thav to listen to the abortion of KC radio might be a good reason.