PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama (sans teleprompter) Steps In It Again...

RINGLEADER
08-20-2009, 12:28 PM
He's on a radio show right now and just had the following exchange:

Question: I like to drive an MDX and an F-150. I've communicated by e-mail in the last 24 hours with the woman who sold me the MDX and the guy who sold me the F-150.

Obama: Right.

Question: Each of them, Mr. President, are saying that cash for clunkers has been a great idea and a wonderful initiative and they've closed a lot of deals but the payments are late. And I'm hearing from a number of folks who say 'C'mon, if the federal government can't get it together relative to cash for clunkers I don't want to entrust my health care to the federal government.'

Obama: Let me first address cash for clunkers. It has been successful beyond anybody's imagination. And we're not slightly victims of success because the thing happened so quickly <i>[like you're trying to do with health care???]</i>, there was so much more demand than anybody expected <i>[like will happen with health care???]</i>, that dealers were overwhelmed with applications <i>[like doctors will soon be???]</i>.

Now, this program's only been going on for a few weeks and we have hired three times as many people to process this stuff as, uh, we originally had <i>[I guess his "projections" were wrong -- what happens when the same thing happens with health care???]</i>.

There has not been extraordinary delays on the US government's part, I understand dealers want to get their money back as soon as possible. But the fact of the matter is this is a good news story. They are seeing sales that they have not seen in years. And, they will get their money, but we got to process it properly because if we were careless about it, if we were just sending out checks where applications were incomplete and so on, first of all we'd be breaking the law because there are statutes set up in terms of how this is supposed to go <i>[a reason you'll hear a lot if health care is passed the way the Dems want it passed]</i>, and secondly there would probably be some story you'd be asking me about scandals where there are a whole bunch of checks of tax-payer money being wasted going out to people who actually hadn't bought cars <i>[or didn't get the health care they needed because of the aforementioned statutes]</i>.

So, I think this is actually a high-class problem to have that we're selling too many cars too quickly and there's some backlog in the application process.<i>[again, what happens if this happens with health care -- will that be a 'high class' problem too???]</i>

It is getting fixed.<i>[Get used to hearing that people -- it's a familiar refrain from government.]</i>

RINGLEADER
08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
First he argues that FedEx and UPS are better than the failing USPS. Now he admits that they underestimated the reaction to cash for clunkers. Again, what happens when he is wrong on health care? More taxes, less care, and higher deficits.

Cave Johnson
08-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Right...... because helping people afford health insurance with deductibles and co-pays is exactly like a one time incentive to buy cars when the average age is at an all-time high.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/04/study-median-age-of-cars-in-u-s-increases-to-record-high/

HonestChieffan
08-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Bottom line.....its a success for Govt.

Its killing dealers who have to bear the cost of storage on the clunker and eat the time value and interest waiting to be paid by Obama. Piss on dealers. We have to many.

Take Home: If its good for Obama it is good. If its good for Obama and bad for you, its good. If its good for you and Obama is not involved, Obama will apply a penalty in form of a tax because you cannot have good.

memyselfI
08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Lite is going to end up making Regular look downright efficient and knowledgeable.

2bikemike
08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Right...... because helping people afford health insurance with deductibles and co-pays is exactly like a one time incentive to buy cars when the average age is at an all-time high.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/04/study-median-age-of-cars-in-u-s-increases-to-record-high/

I wonder how many people who "can't afford Health Insurance" went out and bought a $20,000- $30,000 new car with the Govt. Subsidy?

petegz28
08-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I wonder how many people who "can't afford Health Insurance" went out and bought a $20,000- $30,000 new car with the Govt. Subsidy?

:LOL:

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 12:57 PM

You don't get it do you? Regardless of what the welfare is for, it's gonna still follow the same pattern as any other govt initiative like this.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
US Govt has always been a slow payer to vendors. One reason why I was instructed when starting out to avoid doing business with it.

RINGLEADER
08-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Another great exchange from a woman who asks what he says MUST be in the bill. She mentions illegal immigrants and the fun begins...

Obama: First of all you mention illegal immigrants. This has been an example of just pure misinformation out there. None of the bills that have been voted on in Congress and none of proposals coming out of the White House propose giving coverage to illegal immigrants. None of them. That has never been on the table, nobody has discussed it. So everybody who's listening out there, when you start hearing that somehow this is all designed to provide health insurance to illegal immigrants, that is simply not true. And has never been the case.

Host: What is their fate, if I might ask, because there's a 1986 law on the books that says if you show up at an ER you've got to be treated.

Obama: Well, uh, that will continue, because we don't want a situation in which some child, even if they're an illegal immigrant, shows up in an emergency room with tuberculosis and nobody's giving them treatment and they're going back to the playground and playing next to our kids.

:rolleyes:

RINGLEADER
08-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Obama really thinks he knows what he's talking about and with every question he shows an alarming lack of understanding of how the free market system works. He thinks he can control it through his own sheer will.

When asked about personal freedom and responsibility he continuously goes back to the government. It's like a sickness with him -- he can't see one without the other.

petegz28
08-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Another great exchange from a woman who asks what he says MUST be in the bill. She mentions illegal immigrants and the fun begins...

Obama: First of all you mention illegal immigrants. This has been an example of just pure misinformation out there. None of the bills that have been voted on in Congress and none of proposals coming out of the White House propose giving coverage to illegal immigrants. None of them. That has never been on the table, nobody has discussed it. So everybody who's listening out there, when you start hearing that somehow this is all designed to provide health insurance to illegal immigrants, that is simply not true. And has never been the case.

Host: What is their fate, if I might ask, because there's a 1986 law on the books that says if you show up at an ER you've got to be treated.

Obama: Well, uh, that will continue, because we don't want a situation in which some child, even if they're an illegal immigrant, shows up in an emergency room with tuberculosis and nobody's giving them treatment and they're going back to the playground and playing next to our kids.

LMAO....

this guy is a total dumb fuck.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 01:06 PM
LMAO....

this guy is a total dumb ****.

Or an unbelievable liar with a lot of charm....the most dangerous kind. At least Cheney's snarl was genuine.

DJ's left nut
08-20-2009, 01:07 PM

That's pretty funny stuff right there.

Decry 'politics of fear and disinformation' then say we have to keep treating illegals because if we don't their children will all give us all TB.

That's some tasty irony, lemme tell ya.

KC Dan
08-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Obama really thinks he knows what he's talking about and with every question he shows an alarming lack of understanding of how the free market system works. He thinks he can control it through his own sheer will.

When asked about personal freedom and responsibility he continuously goes back to the government. It's like a sickness with him -- he can't see one without the other.Welcome to Obama world!

Cave Johnson
08-20-2009, 01:10 PM
LMAO....

this guy is a total dumb ****.

OMG, Obama doesn't support letting sick illegals die like I do. He's a total f'ing rube!

RINGLEADER
08-20-2009, 01:14 PM
OMG, Obama doesn't support letting sick illegals die like I do. He's a total f'ing rube!

No, not the point. He goes on a tirade about how illegals won't be covered under the plan then admits they will continue to receive health care subsidized by you and I. The fact that he creates a scenario that maybe happens 0.1% of the time or skips over the fact that they're, you know, illegal, is a joke.

RINGLEADER
08-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Then he says Medicare is a well-run program -- while at the same time planning to cut $500 billion in what he terms as "waste" in that very program.

How the Dems have managed to get 40% of America to support this really is a testament to Obama's skills.

petegz28
08-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Wow, are you purposely being obtuse? Or does the context of that whole exchage just get lost on you?

Tell ya what, pittsie....why don't we just tell all the Mexicans and anyone else for that matter to just send their sick kids to us?

petegz28
08-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Then he says Medicare is a well-run program -- while at the same time planning to cut $500 billion in what he terms as "waste" in that very program.

How the Dems have managed to get 40% of America to support this really is a testament to Obama's skills.

40% support it cause 40% are die hard Obama supporters....and they will follow him over a cliff

Cave Johnson
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
No, not the point. He goes on a tirade about how illegals won't be covered under the plan then admits they will continue to receive health care subsidized by you and I. The fact that he creates a scenario that maybe happens 0.1% of the time or skips over the fact that they're, you know, illegal, is a joke.

It's a Catch-22 situation, and I don't blame him for not highlighting it given the intense dislike of illegals in certain segments. He can either:

a) use government money to subsidize insurance for illegals, which virtually no one supports;
b) revoke the requirement for ER care, which I know some of y'all crazies support, but would make the country look heartless; or
c) do neither, which will continue the $300 or so increase in your premiums due to providing them ER care.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/212131/page/2

C is the best of a bad set of choices.

wild1
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Get him off prompter, and it's a laugh a minute.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 01:25 PM
It's a Catch-22 situation, and I don't blame him for not highlighting it given the intense dislike of illegals in certain segments. He can either:

a) use government money to subsidize insurance for illegals, which virtually no one supports;
b) revoke the requirement for ER care, which I know some of y'all crazies support, but would make the country look heartless; or
c) do neither, which will continue the $300 or so increase in your premiums due to providing them ER care.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/212131/page/2

C is the best of a bad set of choices.
“The only reason for a government service is precisely to provide financial support for an operation that is otherwise unsustainable, or else there would be no point in the government’s involvement at all.”- Lew Rockwell

BTW "c)" govt intervention in HC markets to make it more accessible is what has driven premiums partcularly with mandates forcing insurers to cover this and that.

Cave Johnson
08-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, are you purposely being obtuse? Or does the context of that whole exchage just get lost on you?

Tell ya what, pittsie....why don't we just tell all the Mexicans and anyone else for that matter to just send their sick kids to us?

Dude, why don't you sack up and post your opinion over in retardretard's ER-specific thread instead of beating around the bush.

CoMoChief
08-20-2009, 01:35 PM

Medicade has been running out of money for years now. And they're cutting back more?

Iowanian
08-20-2009, 01:46 PM
US Govt has always been a slow payer to vendors. One reason why I was instructed when starting out to avoid doing business with it.

They're my slowest paying customer but they're the one that I feel I'm the most guaranteed to be paid for my contracts.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 01:48 PM
They're my slowest paying customer but they're the one that I feel I'm the most guaranteed to be paid for my contracts.

Yeah, it's generally more secure and one can make the choice. But one can also get half up front and balance on delivery. One can check to see if a corp is in trouble before doing business. And one can accept California's IOU's too.

Rooster
08-20-2009, 01:57 PM
40% support it cause 40% are die hard Obama supporters....and they will follow him over a cliff

Over a cliff?? That's a good start. :evil:

Chief Henry
08-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Obama really thinks he knows what he's talking about and with every question he shows an alarming lack of understanding of how the free market system works. He thinks he can control it through his own sheer charisma
When asked about personal freedom and responsibility he continuously goes back to the government. It's like a sickness with him -- he can't see one without the other.

fyp

ChiTown
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM

I'd guess it was a fairly large portion. It's not uncommon for people who lack steady income to have a nice, expensive car, a shit job, no health insurance, and probably living in a dump. It's the American way.

wild1
08-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd guess it was a fairly large portion. It's not uncommon for people who lack steady income to have a nice, expensive car, a shit job, no health insurance, and probably living in a dump. It's the American way.

Well, if you have a Caddy CTS then at least you look successful.

ChiTown
08-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, if you have a Caddy CTS then at least you look successful.

You gotsta look good when your selling The Crack

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 02:23 PM

You forgot the nice designer wardrobe.