Chocolate Hog
08-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I'd rather talk about London Fryar.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-20-2009, 07:44 PM
He got beat, he got beat every single play

Buehler445
08-20-2009, 07:50 PM
He's gotta stay healthy. Then he's got to get the ball in space. Squirmin Herman motherfucking sack of cunt Edwards in all his motherfucking infinite goddamn wisdom ran him up the middle. Once in a while to switch it up is fine, but get the guy the ball in SPACE. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!

wild1
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
breakout year.

KCChiefsMan
08-20-2009, 08:12 PM
300 yds rushing 200 yds receiving 4 TDs total

milkman
08-20-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't think he's going to get many carries, except on 3rd down draw plays.

He's going to be used in much the same way that Kevin Faulk of the Patriots, or our own Todd McNair is/was used.

Lonewolf Ed
08-20-2009, 08:24 PM
300 yds rushing 200 yds receiving 4 TDs total

That sounds plausible, though unspectacular. I hope he does more than what you predict. Maybe with Herm gone, offensive production will rise dramatically. I'm just trying to dredge up reasons to be interested in the season. Expectations the past two years have plummeted. Thanks, Herm. :cuss:

RedThat
08-20-2009, 08:24 PM
id be happy if he can be a really good role player for us.

if he can do something similar along the lines of a Leon Washington or Kevin Faulk that would help us as a team. Charles has the talent, just not sure if he has the mental makeup to be a really good role player.

CosmicPal
08-20-2009, 08:29 PM
our own Todd McNair is/was used.

McNair got us a lot of first downs with passes out of the backfield. If he can duplicate McNair's production, that'd be outstanding.

milkman
08-20-2009, 08:32 PM
McNair got us a lot of first downs with passes out of the backfield. If he can duplicate McNair's production, that'd be outstanding.

I think he can be very productive as a situational 3rd down back.

I also think he's capable of more, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

salame
08-21-2009, 01:03 AM
http://onthebrink78.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/trainwreck21.jpg

Saccopoo
08-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Since Larry has no initial speed, and zero lateral, can't catch the ball other than short, and I mean really short, screens, and can't block, I think that Charles is destined to have a breakout year. Not a Pro Bowl level year, but he'll do just fine.

He'll be the wildcat backfield guy...he'll be the change of pace first down guy...he'll be the 3rd down guy...he'll be the flanker in a four receiver set guy...

There will be more than ample opportunities for Mr. Charles this next season.

BossChief
08-21-2009, 02:57 AM
my take on Jamaal is I think he will develop into a Priest Holmes clone (hmmm Texas rbs). Haley will aid in his ability to run routes and utilize his speed out of the backfield on pass plays.

I read that Charles didnt lift a lot of weights at Texas because of his track responsibilities and flexibility. Now that football is his prime sport, he has added 8 pounds of muscle.

That should help in his pass blocking, which was horrible last year but he showed willingness he just lacked strength, as well as his ability to stay on his feet and fight through arm tackles.

I talked to him last year at River Falls and he seems determined to succeed, I liked his attitude.

Now, speaking of what I expect from him this year, I would think 500 rushing and 250 recieving isnt out of the question here if he can stay healthy and the oline is effective. He should get plenty of swing passes and such that allow him to get in the open where he can win with speed and quickness

He clearly gives the team things LJ doesnt in the passing game and running game.

By years end, I bet we will be calling him a game breaker and a possible budding star.

CrazyPhuD
08-21-2009, 04:19 AM
I think in the end he's going to get 5000 + a spin.

Rooster
08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
How do you see his season ending up?

Super Bowl MVP:D

Demonpenz
08-21-2009, 07:51 AM
If what the reports out of training camp have been correct he won't get many carries. I wish he could return kicks, because jackie battle has been the "sammie morris" and Kevin faulk has been JC. I wish we could give him an assload of carries because his speed coming out of Texas was great to watch. Him getting caught from behind in the PRO's Was Not :(

DaWolf
08-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Greg Hi... err, Jamaal Charles is the Real Deal!

Beerthirty
08-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Maybe Johnson and Battle do the damage in the 1st 3 quarters then Charles comes in and finishes strong in the 4th plus in on 3rd down plays.

Demonpenz
08-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe Johnson and Battle do the damage in the 1st 3 quarters then Charles comes in and finishes strong in the 4th plus in on 3rd down plays.

we are going to be down in the 4th quarter a bunch so we need a pass catcher for sure

SenselessChiefsFan
08-21-2009, 10:34 AM
How do you see his season ending up?

No playoffs, just like everyone else on the team.

Now, during the season, I imagine he will have close to 1000 yards rushing/receiving combined.

Probably a handful of TD's.

He will be the Chiefs third down back. Cassel has an average down the field arm. I expect a lot of check downs. I don't see a decent TE to toss it to underneath.

So, Charles should have a good year.