PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama says "'We are God's partners in matters of life and death"

petegz28
08-20-2009, 08:30 PM
'We are God's partners in matters of life and death'

A reader points out that President Obama's call with the rabbis today as recorded in Rabbi Jack Moline's and other clerics' Twitter feeds freights health care reform with a great deal of religious meaning, and veers into the blend of policy and faith that outraged liberals in the last administration.

"We are God's partners in matters of life and death," Obama said, according to Moline (paging Sarah Palin...), quoting from the Rosh Hashanah prayer that says that in the holiday period, it is decided "who shall live and who shall die."

The president ended the call by wishing the rabbis "shanah tovah," or happy new year in reference to the High Holidays a month from now.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0809/We_are_Gods_partners_in_matters_of_life_and_death.html?showall

LMAO

this guy makes Bush look like Einstein

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
"We are God's partners in matters of life and death," Obama said, according to Moline (paging Sarah Palin...), quoting from the Rosh Hashanah prayer that says that in the holiday period, it is decided "who shall live and who shall die."
Is referring to his support for partial birth abortion or the "invisible hand" of his death panels?

That is really arrogant to say we are like god(s.)

petegz28
08-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Is referring to his support for partial birth abortion or the "invisible hand" of his death panels?

He is the messiah, after all. :doh!:

BucEyedPea
08-20-2009, 08:36 PM
He is the messiah, after all. :doh!:

I was thinking that too. Only that statement sounds like something the anti-christ would say.

Pioli Zombie
08-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Or you could turn this around and bring up how the same people who had no problem with Bush invoking God in every decision are all aghast when Obama mentions God.

there are hypocrites on both sides fellas.
Posted via Mobile Device

KILLER_CLOWN
08-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Or you could turn this around and bring up how the same people who had no problem with Bush invoking God in every decision are all aghast when Obama mentions God.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yes indeed and those who continue to defend Obama despite what he's doing in plain sight simply add fuel to the fire.

petegz28
08-21-2009, 06:38 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

You mean like when 60%+ of the people opposed Bush when he wanted to amend the Costitution to ban gay marriage?

mlyonsd
08-21-2009, 06:42 AM

This.

BucEyedPea
08-21-2009, 06:53 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Flip sides of the same coin. Plus there are Commie Evangelicals and Commie Catholics.

patteeu
08-21-2009, 09:32 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

As a nonbelieving outsider looking in, Bush's invocations appeared to be less cynical than Obama's. Afterall, Bush was a real believer not just an opportunist using religion for his own benefit.

stevieray
08-21-2009, 09:37 AM
'We are God's partners in matters of life and death'

That's why the very first thing he did was send millions American dollars to pay for abortions around the globe....

...we don't only need to kill our own children... we'll help you kill yours too

wild1
08-21-2009, 09:40 AM
As a nonbelieving outsider looking in, Bush's invocations appeared to be less cynical than Obama's. Afterall, Bush was a real believer not just an opportunist using religion for his own benefit.

Echo this post.

Reaper16
08-21-2009, 10:03 AM
That's why the very first thing he did was send millions American dollars to pay for abortions around the globe....

...we don't only need to kill our own children... we'll help you kill yours too
And, in this corner, Jerry "The King" LOLler.

stevieray
08-21-2009, 10:07 AM
And, in this corner, Jerry "The King" LOLler....and in this corner, Tad Hominem.

Reaper16
08-21-2009, 12:01 PM
...and in this corner, Tad Hominem.
I don't see that as an ad hominem because I had no interest in debating your argument; thus, no fallacy. I was merely being derisive.

stevieray
08-21-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't see that as an ad hominem because I had no interest in debating your argument; thus, no fallacy. I was merely being derisive.
oh, my bad!

...and in this corner ...Mike Hunt.

Reaper16
08-21-2009, 12:06 PM
oh, my bad!

...and in this corner ...Mike Hunt.
Better.

stevieray
08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Better.
I'll call you Sandy for short.

Reaper16
08-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I'll call you Sandy for short.
I hate beaches. Its probably food crumbs up in there.

HonestChieffan
08-21-2009, 12:23 PM
He will stoop to any level.

fan4ever
08-21-2009, 12:49 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

So are you as offended now, with Obama, as then, with Bush?

People who support Obama really need to consider defending his actions without always resorting to "Well compared to . . ." If you can't defend the behaviour without doing that you're not addressing this issue at hand.