PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Seeds have been planted for a QB controversy

Tribal Warfare
08-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Seeds have been planted for a QB controversy (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/v-print/story/1395918.html)
JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY

You don’t need a legitimate backup to manufacture a quarterback controversy.

What you need is an overpriced starter, a reckless head coach, a frustrated fan base and bored, ratings-starved journalists and broadcasters.

Without question, the necessary ingredients are in play in Kansas City.

OK, Matt Cassel, The Sixty Million Dollar Man, is the Chiefs’ unquestioned starting quarterback. First-time head coach Todd Haley might be disappointed by Cassel’s training-camp play, but Cassel and his bionic contract will take the opening snap on opening day.

Brodie Croyle is not going to beat out The Sixty Million Dollar Man. Haley’s lip-flapping about all positions being competitive is just that — meaningless lip-flapping.

That does not mean we won’t be treated to a quarterback controversy.

The seeds have been planted, and they can take root tonight when the Chiefs take on the Minnesota Vikings in KC’s second preseason game.

Thanks to Haley’s immature decision to play Kansas City’s best offensive player, receiver Dwayne Bowe, with the second unit last weekend, the door has been opened for reporters, fans and players to wonder about The Sixty Million Dollar Man.

Haley followed up Cassel’s mediocre performance against the Texans by acknowledging that Cassel has done nothing to distinguish himself from the Chiefs’ injury-prone, winless former quarterback of the future, Brodie Croyle.

You can call me a pot-stirrer, but Haley brought the pot from the pantry and placed it on the stove. Forgive me for reaching to turn the fire on.

We can put the pot away if Cassel puts together a decent showing tonight against one of the league’s top defenses.

Oh, boy. Cassel’s first important game in a Chiefs uniform is at the Metrodome on Brett Favre Night, featuring Jared Allen, The Williams Wall and Vikings fans believing tonight is the launching of their Super Bowl bandwagon.

Oh, boy. Quarterback controversies start out tiny, build a life of their own and become these all-encompassing, massive, uncontrollable snowballs.

It’s tiny right now. All it will take is a tiny nudge to get this thing really rolling.

I can’t for the life of me understand why Haley sent The Sixty Million Dollar Man out into Arrowhead Stadium without his best weapon. It was foolish.

Did ABC ever send Steve Austin out on camera without his bionic right arm and left eye? If the network had, the show would’ve been called The Two Million Dollar Man.

Matt Cassel without a No. 1 or No. 2 receiver is a career backup. What we might learn this season is that Matt Cassel without Randy Moss and Wes Welker is a career backup.

We’ll have a little bit more information after tonight’s game. We might get an early indication on whether The Sixty Million Dollar Man is overpriced.

If he is, that’s a strike against Scott Pioli, not Todd Haley. Pioli masterminded the Cassel acquisition.

Last week, when Bowe made Brodie Croyle look like a competent NFL quarterback, I wondered what Pioli thought of Bowe’s use. More than likely, Pioli agreed with Haley’s get-tough policy with Bowe.

But there’s a chance Pioli was most interested in how Bowe’s use influenced the play of the quarterback Pioli sweet-talked Clark Hunt into giving $30 million in guarantees.

Football teams operate like every other business. The people in charge largely do what’s in their own best interest. If they hire someone and their credibility is attached to the new hire’s success, then they’ll do whatever is ethical or unethical to see that their new hire shines.

If it would help Cassel, Pioli would spring O.J. Simpson from the joint and line him up 7 yards deep. It’s hard for me to believe that Pioli thinks Bowe’s practice habits are so poor that the only way to get him to perform is demote him to third team, especially when The Sixty Million Dollar Man is stuck throwing to Terrance Copper.

Cassel doesn’t need to post big numbers tonight. He just has to sustain a drive or two, put a couple of field goals on the board. The Minnesota defense is really good. And the Metrodome is going to be electric with Favre in the house.

Douche Baggins
08-20-2009, 11:57 PM
This is just fucking retarded.

There was nothing mediocre about Cassel's performance. He threw five passes and hit four receivers right in the fucking hands.

What we might learn this season is that Matt Cassel without Randy Moss and Wes Welker is a career backup."Hi, I'm Jason Whitlock! I watched about three Patriots games last year."

featuring Jared Allen,

"Hi! I'm Jason Whitlock! I'm a complete hack who didn't even bother to do research. If I had bothered to do research, I would have discovered Jared Allen ISN'T PLAYING TONIGHT."

smokeymcpot
08-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Geezuz Whitlock...is there really nothing else to write about?

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2009, 12:04 AM
If he is, that’s a strike against Scott Pioli, not Todd Haley. Pioli masterminded the Cassel acquisition.

JWhit is Hamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Douche Baggins
08-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Clearly Pioli will undermine this quarterback controversy when Croyle is traded to Denver.

Chocolate Hog
08-21-2009, 12:06 AM
The KC media is just doing this so they'll have something to write about. Pioli doesn't give them any inside info.

Sure-Oz
08-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Someone i think blew their seed on whitlocks face when he wrote this

Phobia
08-21-2009, 12:11 AM
That's an awful effort, Jason. Bit premature as well, no?

Chan93lx50
08-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Christ he has only thrown 5 passes in one preseason game and this is what Fatlock has to write about?

Dick Bull
08-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Clearly Pioli will undermine this quarterback controversy when Croyle is traded to Denver.

clearly

BigRock
08-21-2009, 12:19 AM
I especially like the part where he implies Pioli and Haley may not be on the same page. As if Pioli's sitting there going "You know, Todd helping turn Bowe into a top receiver would be great for this team over the long haul. But screw that, I'm just worried about Cassel looking good in the preseason".

BCD
08-21-2009, 12:20 AM
I see JW is hard up for material...

Slainte
08-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Just like last week - Overblown. Can we at least see Cassel in a couple regular season games before we pronounce him dead in the water?

Saccopoo
08-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

Jesus.

Can't he write anything other than the same cut and paste mindless, virulent blather?

I know he's in the "schtick" mode at this point in his career, but this article is just fucking stupid.

Lumpy
08-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Can anyone PLZ translate this JW Commentary for me? For some reason, I am having trouble reading stupid.

salame
08-21-2009, 01:13 AM
fatlock

kysirsoze
08-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Not only is this unwarranted, but the whole 'Haley brought out the pot' thing is bullshit. All he said was that he wasn't going to say if Cassel had distinguished himself among the QB's. The next day he elaborated saying it wasn't fair to make that assessment yet since the job starting job was still open. I actually used to like Whitlock. This offseason he has totally blown it.

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2009, 01:34 AM
these articles are freaking stupid. Cassel didn't put up the stats in the first preseason game with backup WRs that dropped his well thrown balls in the rain. My only criticism of Cassel from that game was that he seems to like to hold onto the ball a little too long. But other than that he looks pretty good to me. If those 2 passes on 3rd down weren't dropped he may have had more opportunities to throw the ball.

salame
08-21-2009, 01:36 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/rampagebmx/ngbbs450c0a1d6b03b.jpg

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2009, 01:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/rampagebmx/ngbbs450c0a1d6b03b.jpg

that's like the 5th time I've seen you put a pic up of a fat dude with no shirt up in a thread. Why? Attention? Trying to be cute with your multiple account?

salame
08-21-2009, 01:39 AM
I really enjoyed the dexter books have you read them?

Bearcat
08-21-2009, 02:01 AM
At least there's the full disclosure of "this article is overblown fluff in order to stir an empty pot and get reactions out of people".

Not that I expect any other type of article from him, but if he could just mention "ratings-starved journalists and broadcasters" (which is where I stopped reading) or "racist commentary" within the first few sentences of every article, it would save us all some time.

the Talking Can
08-21-2009, 03:06 AM
i read that

now i'm retarded

Consistent1
08-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Once all the deals are made to get Marshall, Boldin and Edwards brought in for a bunch of sixth and seventh round picks Cassel will be fine. We won't even need any blockers. Pioli just does not want to show his hand this quickly. If Cassel looks human for awhile it gives other teams false hope. 5500 yards and Brady's TD records=GONE.

Consistent1
08-21-2009, 05:16 AM
And SoCo makes Barry's tropical flavor ohhh soooo tasty......

PhillyChiefFan
08-21-2009, 05:18 AM

If Pioli somehow gets Marshall for Croyle...my God, I will bow down. This much I promise.

Only problem with that is Bowe won't play 2nd fiddle and neither will Marshall somethings gotta give.

ChiefJustice
08-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Here we go again.....

wild1
08-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Correction: I am trying to plant the seeds of a QB controversy.

This is pre-Pioli era thinking. He isn't going to get any reaction back from the team. He won't be able to manufacture a controversy.

Fritz88
08-21-2009, 05:51 AM
Quick summary for JW's post

Haley, Start Bowe or I will flame you

Sfeihc
08-21-2009, 06:01 AM
JW must have wanted us to draft Sanchez.:)

Coogs
08-21-2009, 06:06 AM
I see JW is hard up for material...

No kidding. Flamming on Haley in every single Chiefs article he writes... That's really all he has. JW's turning into the "Jack Harry" of the newpaper right in front of our eyes.

penchief
08-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Calling Haley "reckless" seems a little out of touch to me. He comes accross as anything but reckless. Articles like this remind me why I used to hate Whitlock's schtick. It always seems to be more about waging a campaign against something he doesn't like personally than it does actual football. Enough already. Why do some people thrive on starting shit that doesn't exist? Whitlock needs to grow up and stop being a petty asshole.

keg in kc
08-21-2009, 06:32 AM
The chiefs haven't planted any seeds, but some in the media are sure trying reeeally hard.

CoMoChief
08-21-2009, 06:42 AM
This is a stupid article, having that said. Cassel played like shit the first pre-season game. It was obvious that Croyle had the better game....but it was against 2nd stringers so take it with a grain of salt.

I do know this. If Cassel goes into week one and has a shitty game, with the offense showing no signs of spark in the passing game, then the questions about his (cassel) acquisition will start to brew.

keg in kc
08-21-2009, 06:46 AM
As I recall, Cassel threw 5 passes and 4 of them were on the numbers. If that's playing like shit, I hope he does it all year.

the Talking Can
08-21-2009, 06:48 AM
This is a stupid article, having that said. Cassel played like shit the first pre-season game. It was obvious that Croyle had the better game....but it was against 2nd stringers so take it with a grain of salt.

I do know this. If Cassel goes into week one and has a shitty game, with the offense showing no signs of spark in the passing game, then the questions about his (cassel) acquisition will start to brew.

really?

1 game before we throw a new coach, QB, and system under the bus?

that's awesome

KCtotheSB
08-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Another writer who's getting his access to the Chiefs yanked and is attempting to stay relevant by throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks in retaliation?

Et tu, Whitlock?

ChiefJustice
08-21-2009, 07:00 AM
really?

1 game before we through a new coach, QB, and system under the bus?

that's awesome

DaKCMan AP awesome....or just stupid awesome?

I forget which one equates to fail.

CoMoChief
08-21-2009, 07:05 AM
really?

1 game before we through a new coach, QB, and system under the bus?

that's awesome

This is Chiefsplanet......I'm sure you've posted on here during gameday. This place is filled with idiots.

BigRedChief
08-21-2009, 07:06 AM
As I recall, Cassel threw 5 passes and 4 of them were on the numbers. If that's playing like shit, I hope he does it all year.
correct. All he can do is put the ball in their hands or hit them in the #'s.

Croyle has the talent, the arm and the leadership skills. But, if you can't stay on the field, what's the point of having all those skills? We can't trust our team to his fragile body.

Otter
08-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Not only is this unwarranted, but the whole 'Haley brought out the pot' thing is bullshit. All he said was that he wasn't going to say if Cassel had distinguished himself among the QB's. The next day he elaborated saying it wasn't fair to make that assessment yet since the job starting job was still open. I actually used to like Whitlock. This offseason he has totally blown it.

No kidding.

The ironic part is that when the coach finally talks it gets blown into this glorified sewing circle rumor then the press bitches because the coaches and management staff (ie Pioli) don't communicate with the press when they pull shit like what we see above.

It's like Paris Hilton asking "why don't people take me seriously?".

Chiefnj2
08-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Whitlock is 100% correct. Seeds of a QB controversy were planted. Didn't Babb post something on his twitter account about Croyle possibly pushing Cassel out of a starting job? Williamson of ESPN wrote that Cassel struggled in preseason. Even though all of those reports are unwarranted they did start circulating and getting some press and got people talking. There were people on this board who were saying similar things, although some of it was TIC.

Even though it is stupid to say there is a controversy, talk about a controversy has begun and it will certainly get a lot worse if Cassel puts up bad numbers tonight (whether it's his fault or some moronic coaching decision to play Bowe with the #2 unit) and Croyle performs like he did last week.

wild1
08-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Yes. Our $63 million backup. That's gonna happen.

Von Dumbass
08-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Yes. Our $63 million backup. That's gonna happen.

Drew Bledsoe.

Baby Lee
i read that

now i'm retarded

Thanks for joining the rest of the world in that realization. ;)

wild1
Drew Bledsoe.

I think there may be a bit of dissimilarity between Brodie Croyle and Tom Brady.

LaChapelle
08-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Wouldn't the 6 million dollar man be Croyle? He's been broke and fixed, broke and fixed, broke and fixed again. And he's got Farrah.

-sloppy work

Al Czervik
08-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Classic Shitlock...

Yes....Lets blame the coach for Bowe's pathetic work ethic....
Always gotta sprinkle in some perceived racism....Just wouldnt be
a Jason article without it....

JW, Get over your mancrush on Bowe.....its embarrassing!

Marcellus
08-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Whitlock is 100% correct. Seeds of a QB controversy were planted. Didn't Babb post something on his twitter account about Croyle possibly pushing Cassel out of a starting job? Williamson of ESPN wrote that Cassel struggled in preseason. Even though all of those reports are unwarranted they did start circulating and getting some press and got people talking. There were people on this board who were saying similar things, although some of it was TIC.

Even though it is stupid to say there is a controversy, talk about a controversy has begun and it will certainly get a lot worse if Cassel puts up bad numbers tonight (whether it's his fault or some moronic coaching decision to play Bowe with the #2 unit) and Croyle performs like he did last week.

Fail. The seeds may have been planted but planted by the media not by Haley and the team which is what Whitlock is saying. He is bashing the current regime over the perceived controversy. Had Babb not made some wild speculation on twitter none of this even would be discussed. They are trying to create the news rather than report it. That's not good journalism.

RedThat
08-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Wow...i can't believe Whitlock sometimes.

This guy has to be the most controversial columnist I've ever seen.

He writes his articles strictly based off what happens in the present moment. Most of his judgements are based in the present moment and are usually negative.

Cassel only threw 5 passes. Count'em 5 FATBOY! He played with Darling, and Copper while he was in. Croyle played better yes, and played more w/ D Bowe.

All of a sudden we have a QB controversy, and Cassel is a career backup? Oh my gosh throw in the towel! its over folks. its over. gimme a break.

MOhillbilly
08-21-2009, 07:41 AM
That was a snipe hunt of an article.

Molitoth
08-21-2009, 07:44 AM
I usually agree with jwhit, but this article is downright terrible.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Fail. The seeds may have been planted but planted by the media not by Haley and the team which is what Whitlock is saying. He is bashing the current regime over the perceived controversy. Had Babb not made some wild speculation on twitter none of this even would be discussed. They are trying to create the news rather than report it. That's not good journalism.

The seeds were planted:

a. When Cassel was first signed and some people said he's nothing but a backup without Moss and Welker;
b. When Cassel had an up and down camp;
c. When Haley decided to run Bowe with the 2nd and 3rd string in the first preseason game.

If Cassel and the rest of the first string play the entire first half and don't put any points on the board, you can bet the QB controversy will gain 10x the momentum it has now.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Its hard for Cassel to get into any kind of rhythm when his WR keep dropping passes on 3rd down.

Dayze
08-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Ok…I can’t take it.
I can usually read what I believe to be ‘dumb’ comments regarding Cassel/QB Controversy etc and move on fairly quickly with no irritation.

However, when someone at work is talking about this, it irritates me to no end.

The ‘suspect’ – a fat little know it all who reads/listens to anything and everything simply to ‘chime in’ – was telling another co-worker “So, did you hear? Cassel is probably losing his starting job”?

I immediately made my way to the break room to get a cup of coffee; and to see if this little troll was a dumb as I have suspected all along.

JFC….5 GD passes were thrown in preseason game one, with no team-specific game plan against the opponent; oh, and the QB just received a $60+M payday. Give me a break. There is no ‘controversy’; there is no ‘open competition’. Period. If Cassel were in year 3 of 5 or something and stinking up the joint…maybe. But not now. Not even close.

Finally – the icing on the cake: he though Thigpen ‘looked’ better than Cassel because “Cassel punched the ball into the endzone”. I reminded him he did that against guys who will probably be out of a job in 2.5 weeks. And, he still scrambled around like crazy; had happy feet; held the ball too long (thus, blocking breaking down; forced scramble).

Sorry. Had to vent. There will be more about this idiot going forward. He’s the type of guy who tunes into radio/internet etc and gets just enough info on the latest happenings to make conversation.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2009, 07:54 AM
"Hi! I'm Jason Whitlock! I'm a complete hack who didn't even bother to do research. If I had bothered to do research, I would have discovered Jared Allen ISN'T PLAYING TONIGHT."

First post out. That struck me as I read it as well. No secret Jared won't be lining up tonight.

It's pretty apparent that Jason has a schtick that worked great with Carl Peterson, and he apparently thinks he can transfer it over to Scott Pioli. Bad timing, and bad form. This is a terrible article by an obviously bitter man.

Sorry you're not getting the access you want to the team Jason. Way to turn into a complete hack over it.

TEX
08-21-2009, 07:56 AM
You can call me a pot-stirrer, but Haley brought the pot from the pantry and placed it on the stove. Forgive me for reaching to turn the fire on.

Fine Jason, but this time you ate everything inside it and now you're even more full of shit...

Marcellus
08-21-2009, 08:13 AM
The seeds were planted:

a. When Cassel was first signed and some people said he's nothing but a backup without Moss and Welker;
b. When Cassel had an up and down camp;
c. When Haley decided to run Bowe with the 2nd and 3rd string in the first preseason game.

If Cassel and the rest of the first string play the entire first half and don't put any points on the board, you can bet the QB controversy will gain 10x the momentum it has now.

What makes a QB controversy, the fans? If that is all it takes then yes we could have a media driven controversy.

How many snaps in practice is Croyle taking with the first team?
Do you think there is one player on that team that is upset Cassel is going into the season as the #1? I bet Croyle isn't bothered by it.

For there to be a controversy there needs to be more than media and a few fans blabbing and it needs to be more fan driven than media driven in my opinion. Oh yea, how about a little team grumbling as well.

King_Chief_Fan
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Like Athan, I think Whitlock smokes his own exhaust.

Detoxing
08-21-2009, 08:59 AM
That was the worst article i've read all off-season. Old fatty got his feelings hurt and now he is doing his best to try to make controversy. Fucking hilarious. He is just determined to try to make things more difficult for Pioli and Haley. Fuck Off Fatlock.

Von Dumbass
08-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Best offseason ever!ROFL

Brock
08-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Best offseason ever!ROFL

Agreed, watching your team melt down has been great.

TrebMaxx
08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
"bored, ratings-starved journalists"

More like bored, in need of ratings fat arse hack columnist.

CaliforniaChief
08-21-2009, 09:30 AM
No offense to Kansas Citians, but this article is a great example of why he's writing for the Kansas City Star. He's the Ryan Shealy of sportswriting...people in high places have their eyes on him and give him his occasional shot until he takes a dump on himself in front of everyone and gets sent back to the minors.

I think the seeds have been planted for a sportswriter's controversy.

CaliforniaChief
08-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Best offseason ever!ROFL

I guess you define a QB controversy differently than we do.

KC QB Controversy: A spirited but respectful competition to see who is the best player at QB regardless of contract.

Denver QB Controversy: Sending the franchise QB to another team and bringing in a QB who throws the ball to the other team.

Lzen
08-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Haley’s immature decision to play Kansas City’s best offensive player, receiver Dwayne Bowe, with the second unit last weekend,

JW is riding the short bus now. :shake:

FringeNC
08-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I just don't see a QB controversy developing with Brodie Croyle. Nobody believes he could last a season taking every snap. If Thigpen was firmly entrenched as #2 and on the heels of Cassel, then perhaps you have a controversy.

Lzen
08-21-2009, 09:46 AM

KC QB Controversy: A spirited but respectful competition to see who is the best player at QB regardless of contract.

Denver QB Controversy: Sending the franchise QB to another team and bringing in a QB who throws the ball to the other team.

ROFL ROFL

DBOSHO
08-21-2009, 10:10 AM
cassel threw 5 passes in a preseason game. shouldve been 4 out of 5, but hes a bust and we wasted money on him. bring in brokie...

Fish
08-21-2009, 10:11 AM
It's great to see the Chiefs administration finally making the sports media do their jobs. Carl would practically do their jobs for them back in the day with the way he loved to hear himself talk. I think Carl enjoyed floating rumors and controversy to the media. Now the media can't squeeze a story out without exposing what crappy journalists they are.....

Warrior5
08-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Best offseason ever!ROFL

Wow. The difference here is that Whitless is trying to invent controversy where none exists.

Just imagine JW as a sports writer in Donkland right now...

LaChapelle
08-21-2009, 10:23 AM
It won't sell papers, but LJ is the better story. He's been the invisible man for a hard ass coach who loves to push buttons. No amount of money can quell a brewing storm.

Mr. Krab
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Blah,Blah,Blah

It's difficult for lazy writers to find something to write about so they just manufacture stuff.

beach tribe
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
The KC media is just doing this so they'll have something to write about. Pioli doesn't give them any inside info.

That would be real funny if we traded Croyle to Denver, and he became their Rich Gannon.

Whoops quoted the wrong post somehow.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-21-2009, 10:28 AM
It won't sell papers, but LJ is the better story. He's been the invisible man for a hard ass coach who loves to push buttons. No amount of money can quell a brewing storm.

LJ is proving the public wrong every day. LJ has hit the ground running with the new staff. I am as suprised as anyone... but I think this is just what he needed.

beach tribe
08-21-2009, 10:29 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

SenselessChiefsFan
Something that isn't talked about when Bowe was demoted was that the Chiefs were able to take a better look at some of the lower guys.

Now, I don't believe that was the primary motivation, but it is another positive that no one seems to bring up.

58kcfan89

OK, Matt Cassel, The Sixty Million Dollar Man, is the Chiefs’ unquestioned starting quarterback.

If he's the unquestioned starting QB, then there's not a controversy. Dumbass. I stopped reading as soon as I read that. I assume the rest was yapping about how Cassel is a bust because KC is paying him so much & he didn't go 10-10 & 400 yards with 6 TDs in his first preseason game?

petegz28
08-21-2009, 11:15 AM
IF Bowe would do better in practice perhaps he would be on the 1st string? Just a thought...:shrug:

petegz28
08-21-2009, 11:16 AM
If he's the unquestioned starting QB, then there's not a controversy. Dumbass. I stopped reading as soon as I read that. I assume the rest was yapping about how Cassel is a bust because KC is paying him so much & he didn't go 10-10 & 400 yards with 6 TDs in his first preseason game?

:LOL:

crazycoffey
08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I still can't get all the way through his articles, "forgive me if I turn on the fire"? last line I read. Shitlock still sucks....

BarrySPAMAID
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I have one simple message for JAson Whitock. It's episode 15 of my video blog. He was my inspiration behind that episode. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2FPLLr0lRw

ChiefaRoo
08-21-2009, 11:45 AM
JWhit's article is as cynical and manipulative as an Obama healthcare speech.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-21-2009, 11:49 AM

But, at least Whitlock's is a little more factual.

ChiefaRoo
08-21-2009, 11:52 AM

:)

penchief
08-21-2009, 12:34 PM

Oooh, touche'. But don't you mean about as cycnical at the righties who are willing to outright lie in order to sabotage an honest debate about health care.

penchief
08-21-2009, 12:36 PM

About as factual as right wing lies about death panels, health care for illegal immigrants, and abortion provisions in the health care bill?

penchief
08-21-2009, 12:36 PM

Douche Baggins
08-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Whitlock should try planting some seeds and eating what they produce.

OH SNAP!

CoMoChief
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
1. KnowMo makes a couple pointless n retarded posts about the Chiefs when Denver's been the laughingstock of the NFL this offseason

2. KnowMo gets owned by the entire board

3. KnowMo leaves thread

Rinse, wash, repeat

Marcellus
08-21-2009, 12:46 PM
LJ is proving the public wrong every day. LJ has hit the ground running with the new staff. I am as suprised as anyone... but I think this is just what he needed.

It is encouraging but reminds of something about counting chickens too early or something like that and there is the deja vu I get every time I read the glowing reports.

When I see him playing hard and running people over in a real game or even consistently in preseason I will be relieved.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-21-2009, 01:03 PM
About as factual as right wing lies about death panels, health care for illegal immigrants, and abortion provisions in the health care bill?

Wrong thread to have this debate.

Brock
08-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Jesus Christ, keep that garbage across the street.

Chocolate Hog
08-21-2009, 01:11 PM

*signed* Theres enough hate written by Whitlock we don't need politics too.

penchief
08-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Wrong thread to have this debate.

Exactly. Wonder why it was brought up in the first place.

penchief
08-21-2009, 01:33 PM

I agree. But once it got started it had to be answered.

Brock
08-21-2009, 02:04 PM
I agree. But once it got started it had to be answered.

No, not really. The only reason you feel it had to be answered is because of your compulsion.

Halfcan
08-21-2009, 02:59 PM
This is just ****ing retarded.

There was nothing mediocre about Cassel's performance. He threw five passes and hit four receivers right in the ****ing hands.

"Hi, I'm Jason Whitlock! I watched about three Patriots games last year."

Exactly-excellent post-you write better than this guy.