PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb: Five questions about tonight’s game

Tribal Warfare
08-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Five questions about tonight’s game (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1395921.html)

1 Can Matt Cassel move the offense? After a preseason debut last week in which he couldn’t advance the offense past midfield, questions arose this week about whether Cassel has made enough of an impression during training camp. He’ll get another shot and is expected to play throughout the first half against Minnesota.

2 Is Dwayne Bowe out of Todd Haley’s doghouse? After a productive week of practice, he has worked his way back into Haley’s good graces. Whether he starts tonight is another matter, but it appears that Bowe’s focus and work ethic have improved since he was demoted to third team last week. Now, he’ll have to carry that improvement to the game if he’s to stay in good favor.

3 Will the Brett Favre circus affect the Chiefs? Haley said Thursday that he’s glad the Chiefs are playing in a tough environment tonight, in which Favre returns to the NFL with a new team. Haley said the conditions could be good for the Chiefs, but the defensive players also will have to be careful to not let their emotions backfire.

4 Can the defense repeat its success against Favre? In last year’s game against the New York Jets, which was Favre’s team at the time, the Chiefs forced him into making mistakes. The new Kansas City unit needs confidence, and an unpracticed Favre might contribute if the Chiefs can pressure him.

5 Can the Chiefs get a win? With only four victories,including the preseason, in the last 12 months, Kansas City is starved for confidence. Haley said that’s one of the Chiefs’ biggest problems, and it’s important for the team to learn how to finish games. Haley’s biggest challenge will be balancing player evaluation with the pursuit of a win, and tonight’s game against a possible Super Bowl contender won’t make it any easier.

Saccopoo
08-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Chiefs kick in their balls. Back to pre-pubescent, sucked into their abdominal cavities kicked in levels.

Somebody tell the Chiefs to bench Pollard if the Vikings want to have a chance at life this next season.

salame
08-21-2009, 02:35 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/TaoOfDon/favre.jpg

bringbackmarty
08-21-2009, 04:51 AM
queer

Hog Farmer
08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Chiefs kick in their balls. Back to pre-pubescent, sucked into their abdominal cavities kicked in levels.

Somebody tell the Chiefs to bench Pollard if the Vikings want to have a chance at life this next season.

What the fuck are you talking about Mr. Saccoboargoo ?????

Mr. Krab
08-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Once again, i want to see what the battle in the trenches looks like for both sides of the ball. How we do against Peterson running the ball.

chiefs1111
08-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Hopefully Corey Mays will continue to play well..

DBOSHO
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
hopefully cassel steps it up. all hes shown is that hes worthless so far..

Chiefnj2
08-21-2009, 11:36 AM
1. Sage is out of the game, so KC will face a lot of time against Tavaris. If they can't look good against him, it'll be a long year.

2. The Vikings didn't give up any sacks in their first game. It'll be interesting to see if KC can generate a pass rush.

3. If Cassel doesn't do well, will Pioli put him in the doghouse like he did with Bowe?

steve_minor
08-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Vikes D is really tough ... I would be happy with 40-50 yds rushing and 100 yds passing and 10 pts in 1st half with starters. Against this defense thats is alot of success.

keg in kc
08-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Five questions about tonight’s game (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1395921.html)

1 Can Matt Cassel move the offense? After a preseason debut last week in which he couldn’t advance the offense past midfield, questions arose this week about whether Cassel has made enough of an impression during training camp. He’ll get another shot and is expected to play throughout the first half against Minnesota.Jesus fucking christ, this is getting more and more ridiculous. "Another shot"? Really??

The offense might have made it past midfield if they have, oh, I don't know, opened up some running lanes (or taken advantage of the few that were open) and not dropped passes that hit people in the frikkin hands. And I'm sure Dwayne Bowe getting his ass together in practice so he could play with the big kids wouldn't have helped at all, either.

No, all that's moot, it's "Cassel can't move the offense."

It's like the star's gotten even more moranic than before. Geniouses.

the Talking Can
08-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Babb + Teicher = Athan + claythan + polyester

MahiMike
08-21-2009, 12:38 PM
With Bowe in the lineup, Cassel will shine. This reminds me of Jax. There hasn't been anyone to throw to for 6 years so, DUH! the QB's look average.

JASONSAUTO
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
1. Sage is out of the game, so KC will face a lot of time against Tavaris. If they can't look good against him, it'll be a long year.

2. The Vikings didn't give up any sacks in their first game. It'll be interesting to see if KC can generate a pass rush.

3. If Cassel doesn't do well, will Pioli put him in the doghouse like he did with Bowe?

Haley?

Mr. Krab
08-21-2009, 12:43 PM
With Bowe in the lineup, Cassel will shine. This reminds me of Jax. There hasn't been anyone to throw to for 6 years so, DUH! the QB's look average.I'm not sure that Bowe will be in the starting lineup yet.

ChiefMojo
08-21-2009, 12:47 PM
JFCCCCCC!!!!!!! If I have to hear how Cassel is sucking by Babb's one more freaking time I'm going to really lose it. Babb has been on this Cassel sucks kick since the last preseason game. Big freaking deal he went 2-5 and SHOULD and I repeat SHOULD have been 4-5 due to two players dropping balls that went in there freaking hands! Must of hurt or something when the pigskin touched their skin... like the freaking plague! It wasn't like Cassel had Bowe or Toomer to throw to either.

KKLJFLKEDJFL:KDJFLDJFLKDJFLKDJFLKDJFLDFldflkdjfldjflkdkfndfdkkgjgfgjomkdgjdmjdfjlkdfmldflk!!!!!!!!!