PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Arrowhead makes stadium cut in USA WC bid

WoodDraw
08-21-2009, 12:02 AM
For those of you that don't know, the USA is bidding to bring the soccer World Cup here in either 2018 or 2022. Arrowhead just made the most recent stadium cut that brought down the candidates to 27. Another handful are obvious cuts, so we have a decent chance at making it.

They've launched a website where you can sign a petition. The most important part is to use a KC zip code when you sign, as they're using that to gage interest for potential sites.

http://www.gousabid.com/

Take Action > Sign The Petition

The remaining stadiums are listed here:

http://www.gousabid.com/pages/bidding-cities

Phobia
08-21-2009, 12:12 AM
For those of you that don't know, the USA is bidding to bring the soccer

Got this far.

POND_OF_RED
08-21-2009, 12:28 AM
This would be awesome but there is no way we compete. KC is not a soccer friendly town.

WoodDraw
08-21-2009, 12:41 AM
This would be awesome but there is no way we compete. KC is not a soccer friendly town.

KC will become soccer friendly quickly when they see the amount of people and money rolling in at no cost to the city. The only event that would compare would be hosting a Super Bowl.

We have the 8th largest capacity of bidding cities (actually 7th, as one of the LA stadiums will get cut). Plus, home of a MLS team when the USSF will be using this to build support for domestic soccer. And having Hunt involved certainly won't hurt.

A lot depends on how many stadiums they decide to go with, and in what geographical groups. But I don't think we're a complete long shot.

alnorth
08-21-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm a little more excited about this than if KC were in the running to be the site for this year's "Go Fish" card game world championship.

ESPN2 would probably cover even that.

ChiefJustice
08-21-2009, 08:00 AM
I would LOVE to see a WC game at Arrowhead.

Will it happen....I don't think so.

It's more about the area and the ease of access rather than the actual stadium.

Hell.the world will end in 2012....why worry about 2018?

CoMoChief
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
ROFL

Who cares it's ****ing SOCCER.

The only person who probably cares about this is Clark Hunt. If I had a chance to watch a soccer game, or watch 2 Sloths fuck........I'd probably go watch 2 Sloths fuck......then go watch some paint dry on a wall, then maybe go attend a WNBA game, then maybe go watch the World Championships of curling, then maybe top off the day with some figure skating.

MOhillbilly
08-21-2009, 08:11 AM
I like soccer. It would be cool to watch the English v. German goons go at it at P&L.

ChiefJustice
08-21-2009, 08:23 AM
I am amazed sometimes when i hear people say that it is just "soccer".

It's not like these guys running around the field playing it are a bunch of Morton Andersons and the kickers who shall not be named wannabes.

It's a contact sport that requires epic levels of energy and strategy.

penguinz
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM
This would be awesome but there is no way we compete. KC is not a soccer friendly town.Totally wrong. KC is home to what is not the largest Synthetic Turf youth soccer complex. Home of one of the largest Youth Soccer Organization in the nation.

KC is getting several very high profile youth tournaments next year.

Many of the stadium that made the cut will not be chosen since they are synthetic. FIFA will do everything it can to not have WC games on synthetic fields.

Thig Lyfe
08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Got this far.

LOL SOCCER IS GAY AM I RITE OR WHAT?!?!

carlos3652
08-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Cant wait, hope argentina gets to play here, if not, ill have to fly out to whatever stadium they go play in....

Normally you want 10- 12 stadiums for a WC 8-10 for the 1st round, and then 2 extras for the knock out phase...

Sofa King
08-21-2009, 09:40 AM
LOL SOCCER IS GAY AM I RITE OR WHAT?!?!

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/2007/04/19/High%20Five.jpg

BigRedChief
08-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Sorry, I care more about not seeing those damn soccer field lines on my NFL teams field than world cup soccer.

POND_OF_RED
08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I care more about not seeing those damn soccer field lines on my NFL teams field than world cup soccer.

The World Cup is a summer event. They will have plenty of time to redo the field by the time football season comes.

POND_OF_RED
08-21-2009, 10:05 AM
ROFL

Who cares it's ****ing SOCCER.

The only person who probably cares about this is Clark Hunt.

This explains why the world cup final has over one billion viewers.

Chief Chief
08-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Given the piss-poor condition of the sod/turf, the only cut Arrowhead might survive would be that from a lawnmower.

topher79
08-21-2009, 10:45 AM
The ONLY thing Jim Rome is without a doubt right about:

SOCCER SUCKS!

MoreLemonPledge
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
MLS soccer sucks. The World Cup is an amazing event, though, whether you care about soccer or not. The economic impact of having a World Cup is absolutely huge. I don't see how anyone would be against it.

underEJ
08-21-2009, 02:38 PM
I hope Arrowhead makes the cut. I don't follow soccer regularly, but the WC is a great event. I got caught up in the party in SF when Brazil won in the 90s sometime, and it was insane. And that was just people spilling out of watch parties into the street. Can't imagine what it's like in the stadium.

And the grass looked pretty darn good at Arrowhead for the Texans game. Seemed like it stood up to the rain and damage pretty well too. Is it different this year?

Skip Towne
08-21-2009, 02:43 PM
We don't need no stinking thoccer. :thailor:

jaa1025
08-21-2009, 02:44 PM
People still consider soccer a real sport...?

the Talking Can
08-21-2009, 02:49 PM

people still pretend it is funny to ignore the most popular sport in the world?

OnTheWarpath58
08-21-2009, 03:37 PM
people still pretend it is funny to ignore the most popular sport in the rest of the world?

FYP.

Most people here in the States could give a shit about soccer.

IMO, part of that is because the game is fucking boring, and the theatrics are beyond ridiculous. 90%+ of the game is spent watching two teams play keep away from each other between the boxes and watching bad acting.

Plus, I think a lot of Americans have a general distaste for anything the rest of the world likes,

Valiant
08-21-2009, 03:43 PM
It would be huge for KC to get it.. Might actually justify that money sink P&L and all the other upgrades..

Valiant
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
FYP.

IMO, part of that is because the game is ****ing boring, and the theatrics are beyond ridiculous. 90%+ of the game is spent watching two teams play keep away from each other between the boxes and watching bad acting.

Plus, I think a lot of Americans have a general distaste for anything the rest of the world likes,

I agree to a point, I hate hate the theatrics and they should be kicked out of the game for it.. But the NFL has way more downtime then soccer matches..

I do agree with Americans distaste of the sport.. Think it goes with that and the fact we suck at it..

KC is the biggest area for youth soccer, but once they get older and find girls, video games and other sports as usual they leave the sport..

Valiant
08-21-2009, 03:48 PM

Well if retards contend that golf and bowling are a sport I guess you kinda have to..

CoMoChief
08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
This explains why the world cup final has over one billion viewers.

Not US viewers.

You ask most general sports fans in the US and I bet they can't name 5 current soccer players.

CoMoChief
08-21-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree to a point, I hate hate the theatrics and they should be kicked out of the game for it.. But the NFL has way more downtime then soccer matches..

I do agree with Americans distaste of the sport.. Think it goes with that and the fact we suck at it..

KC is the biggest area for youth soccer, but once they get older and find girls, video games and other sports as usual they leave the sport..

I have to disagree with this......the entire soccer game is downtime other than whenever someone scores a goal which is maybe 4x a game.......if you're lucky.

MoreLemonPledge
08-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Not everyone in the US is white. There are a lot of minorities that love soccer. If we had a better product than the MLS, it would easily overtake hockey/golf as the #4 sport.

the Talking Can
08-21-2009, 04:27 PM
FYP.

IMO, part of that is because the game is ****ing boring, and the theatrics are beyond ridiculous. 90%+ of the game is spent watching two teams play keep away from each other between the boxes and watching bad acting.

man you are a dumbass

thurman merman
08-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Got this far.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
man you are a dumbass

Nice rebuttal.

Feel free to point out why you don't agree.

Silock
08-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Being against this coming because it's soccer is -- well, whatever. I don't care if you don't like it. I'll continue to watch and enjoy it and you can do whatever it is you like. No skin off my back.

But you're absolutely stupid if you don't want this event to come. The economic impact on the area would be unparalleled until we get a Super Bowl. But hey, if you don't want a better life for yourself and your neighbors, go ahead, be against it. Suffer the consequences.

Valiant
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
I have to disagree with this......the entire soccer game is downtime other than whenever someone scores a goal which is maybe 4x a game.......if you're lucky.

Yet American's love hockey?? Same sport..

And the NFL has huge downtime between each snap.. You just do not know enough about the sport to notice what they are doing when they are not scoring.. Same thing with people that do not enjoy OL and DL battles..

Silock
08-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Yet American's love hockey?? Same sport..

And the NFL has huge downtime between each snap.. You just do not know enough about the sport to notice what they are doing when they are not scoring.. Same thing with people that do not enjoy OL and DL battles..

Or NASCAR. Jesus fucking titty twisting Christ. Give me a break on that one.

WoodDraw
01-12-2010, 06:59 PM
For those interested, KC just made the final 18 bid that will be submitted to FIFA for approval, winning out over Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Jacksonville, Oakland, Orlando, St. Louis and San Francisco.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Clark Hunt doesn't give a shit about anything but soccer.

Reaper16
01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
FUCK YEAH

irishjayhawk
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Dear CoMo,

Can you please say that Kansas City won't get a bid?

KTHXBAI

|Zach|
01-12-2010, 07:34 PM

False.

|Zach|
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Was at the press conference today. Great day for KC. I hope we can see this thing through. This puts gobs of money (300-500 million) into our community and shows Kansas City off on a world stage.

Great stuff.

carlos3652
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
i should have bumped this threads instead of making a new one on the second page

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221618

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I see Seattle is still in the running as well. Hopefully one of us will land it.

Farzin
01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Slim chance, but a new Arrowhead Stadium with more than 70K seats would make sense. I believe only Dallas, Washington D.C. and New York have more seats. I imagine FedEx Field would be the right place. Over 91K seats. The more seats available, the better. Plus it is in the nation's capitol.

Sweet Dick Willy
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM

Clark wept.

DA_T_84
01-12-2010, 09:45 PM
They only choose one stadium in the country?

Or they will play the various games in all 18 stadiums?

Iowanian
01-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I haven't enjoyed anything about soccer, other than Mia Hamms....since 6th grade recess. The thought of Arrowhead being further defiled by soccer makes me ill.

That said, the businessman and community minded person knows that an additional large event like this would be a very nice windfall for the area economy, helping everyone from small business, hotels, restaraunts, shops and entertainment....to local govt through taxes, thereby helping the local citizens.

I won't go, because it's soccer, but hope those that do spend alot of money.

Sweet Dick Willy
01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I haven't enjoyed anything about soccer, other than Mia Hamms....since 6th grade recess. The thought of Arrowhead being further defiled by soccer makes me ill.

That said, the businessman and community minded person knows that an additional large event like this would be a very nice windfall for the area economy, helping everyone from small business, hotels, restaraunts, shops and entertainment....to local govt through taxes, thereby helping the local citizens.

I won't go, because it's soccer, but hope those that do spend alot of money.

First, your economic points are sound and reasonable.

Second; you were whacking it to Mia Hamm in the 6th grade while I was playing in a signed band, making money, seeing the world, and fucking multiple women?

Don't ever address me as an inferior again, motherfucker.

DA_T_84
01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
?Como?

Discuss Thrower
01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
They only choose one stadium in the country?

Or they will play the various games in all 18 stadiums?

The 1994 World Cup was played in Giants Stadium, Soldier Field, the Cotton Bowl, Foxborough, Citrus Bowl, Rose Bowl, RFK Stadium in DC, the Silverdome, and Standford Stadium.

If the US gets the bid, then I'd imagine it would be a similar number. Jerryland and FedEx Field are locks due to their size, and I'd imagine LA and NY are virtual locks too. So of the five left I'd assume Indianapolis, Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Seattle. If travel is an issue with Seattle then I'd put in another east coast team, maybe Tampa or Miami.

Clark will have to do major dicksucking to get a game at Arrowhead.

Iowanian
01-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Don't ever address me as an inferior again, mother****er.

You'd be an inferior idiot, kept in a gimp box in a village full of idiots that mass produced in-bred village idiots for the rest of the world. The only place you probably wouldn't be inferior is as a pimp's special attraction in Thailand, or possibly as an apprentice to the ticket collector at the tilta whirl. With a little practice, and the other students moving up to tougher instruments, I'm sure you'd eventually be first chair in that recorder band. After 10 years, you SHOULD have been the best at Mary Had a Little Lamb. It did likely help you excel during your career as a professional skin-flutist.

http://z.about.com/d/musiced/1/0/B/9/Recorder.jpg

carlos3652
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
9 stadiums is correct... Arizona, Dallas and washington are locks per stadium... NY. LA and Miami, Seattle are in per soccer population and geography... Leaving 2 spots open for Atlanta, KC, Tampa or indy... If I had to guess KC and Tampa get the nod due to their affiliation with international soccer... Plus geographically KC is in a perfect position...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Dick Willy
You'd be an inferior idiot, kept in a gimp box in a village full of idiots that mass produced in-bred village idiots for the rest of the world. The only place you probably wouldn't be inferior is as a pimp's special attraction in Thailand, or possibly as an apprentice to the ticket collector at the tilta whirl. With a little practice, and the other students moving up to tougher instruments, I'm sure you'd eventually be first chair in that recorder band. After 10 years, you SHOULD have been the best at Mary Had a Little Lamb. It did likely help you excel during your career as a professional skin-flutist.

http://z.about.com/d/musiced/1/0/B/9/Recorder.jpg

Yeah, it's a start.

Now go fetch me a beer.

Jerm
Excellent news that KC made the first cut...I think they can make the final cut as well.

There's a real big time grassroots campaign to bring the WC to KC and its paying off. The Hunts' influence on USSF and the fact that the KC metro is a hotbed for youth soccer and is growing can only help us.

Watching a WC game in Arrowhead would be epic...nothing would compare for me.

Financially, it'd do wonders for the metro as well...would only be parralled by the Olympics. The Super Bowl wouldn't even touch it.
Posted via Mobile Device

carlos3652
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM
My guess is the world cup final will be played in Dallas!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Dick Willy
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
My guess is the world cup final will be played in Dallas!
Posted via Mobile Device

Half-Time entertainment from my favorite, crazy Mexican Musician! Woot!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSU9RxK00IU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSU9RxK00IU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

|Zach|
01-12-2010, 11:47 PM
The 1994 World Cup was played in Giants Stadium, Soldier Field, the Cotton Bowl, Foxborough, Citrus Bowl, Rose Bowl, RFK Stadium in DC, the Silverdome, and Standford Stadium.

If the US gets the bid, then I'd imagine it would be a similar number. Jerryland and FedEx Field are locks due to their size, and I'd imagine LA and NY are virtual locks too. So of the five left I'd assume Indianapolis, Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Seattle. If travel is an issue with Seattle then I'd put in another east coast team, maybe Tampa or Miami.

Clark will have to do major dicksucking to get a game at Arrowhead.

The field of cities will be larger than in 1994.

ChiefJustice
01-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Atlanta,home of Coca-Cola,trumps KC....as does Tampa.

Discuss Thrower
01-13-2010, 12:28 AM
The field of cities will be larger than in 1994.

Actually..... Scratch Atlanta. I don't think the Powers that Be behind the World Cup want a game to be played on field turf... They'll want real grass.

ChiefJustice
01-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Actually..... Scratch Atlanta. I don't think the Powers that Be behind the World Cup want a game to be played on field turf... They'll want real grass.

Again,you do realize that Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta right?

|Zach|
01-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Again,you do realize that Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta right?

I think you are over playing the coke angle here.

ChiefJustice
01-13-2010, 01:30 AM
I think you are over playing the coke angle here.

Yeah,I'm sure money has nothing to do where WC games are played.

I am probably being simplistic in thinking like that.

|Zach|
01-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah,I'm sure money has nothing to do where WC games are played.

I am probably being simplistic in thinking like that.

Coke is the only company out there throwing tons of cash at this. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

All these places have big dollars coming in every which way.

There are tons and tons of things that are going into this. The planning for the KC bid has been going on for a year now. It has to do with transportation, regional sporting facilities for practice, fan interest, accommodations.

I am not saying Atlanta won't get it. But saying "Coke" and thinking thats it is simplistic when you look at how much has gone into this process.

The Kansas City area has put a quarter of a billion dollars in soccer regionally. Lamar Hunt's involvement in the US Soccer Federation was deeply deeply rooted. We have a state of the art 70k stadium as well as a great regional layout for support with St. Joe and Lawrence. KC was 5th amongst all those bigger cities in signing the petition which the bid committee took quite seriously.

TigerPig
01-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Why would they bring the World Cup to the one place that in general doesn't care about it? That's kind of unfair to the rest of the world. Let them put it in a place where the fans kill over soccer games, like Rio or Buenos Aries or Mexico City

|Zach|
01-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Why would they bring the World Cup to the one place that in general doesn't care about it? That's kind of unfair to the rest of the world. Let them put it in a place where the fans kill over soccer games, like Rio or Buenos Aries or Mexico City

94 = The best World Cup draw in history.

This time around it will have 33% more capacity.

TigerPig
01-13-2010, 01:58 AM
94 = The best World Cup draw in history.

This time around it will have 33% more capacity.

Ah. So its in an easily-accessible nation, with good infrastructure to get to and from games, has by far the best stadiums in the world (other places have a few, but almost all of our stadiums are great), and would provide a somewhat neutral territory (no offense, but in general the US just doesn't care nearly as much.

I get it now. Its a logical choice, not an emotional one. Plus its probably some place everyone can agree on, because that way Italy isn't going, "OH NO, We don't want it in Sao Paulo!"

|Zach|
01-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Ah. So its in an easily-accessible nation, with good infrastructure to get to and from games, has by far the best stadiums in the world (other places have a few, but almost all of our stadiums are great), and would provide a somewhat neutral territory (no offense, but in general the US just doesn't care nearly as much.

I get it now. Its a logical choice, not an emotional one. Plus its probably some place everyone can agree on, because that way Italy isn't going, "OH NO, We don't want it in Sao Paulo!"

The World Cup is fairly neutral territory no matter what. I mean people are going to be streaming in from all over the world even if USA and these communities were totally apathetic about soccer. Which they are not.

TigerPig
01-13-2010, 02:19 AM
The World Cup is fairly neutral territory no matter what. I mean people are going to be streaming in from all over the world even if USA and these communities were totally apathetic about soccer. Which they are not.

I'm not going to go into it in your soccer thread cause that's not fair. But I lost total and all respect for soccer when I realized beating your defender (offsides) was not allowed. If soccer had a blue line like hockey, then OMG I'd love it. But I just can't fathom how beating your guy can be a bad thing. Or how a defender can null a play by letting his guy get around him and throwing him offsides... I don't get it. But soccer is badass even if it isn't for me, so they shouldn't change a thing.

And for the record, I hope the World Cup final ends up being at Arrowhead, and you get to take two of the best weeks of vacation in your life. :)

Sweet Dick Willy
01-13-2010, 02:21 AM

It's 2 in the fucking morning MST, and you two are haggling over soccer.

Now I know you don't like me and that's cool; I'm my own wacky personage, though I've tried to be both passive and accepting of you in the proper moments.

But damn. Soccer?

|Zach|
01-13-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm not going to go into it in your soccer thread cause that's not fair. But I lost total and all respect for soccer when I realized beating your defender (offsides) was not allowed. If soccer had a blue line like hockey, then OMG I'd love it. But I just can't fathom how beating your guy can be a bad thing. Or how a defender can null a play by letting his guy get around him and throwing him offsides... I don't get it. But soccer is badass even if it isn't for me, so they shouldn't change a thing.

And for the record, I hope the World Cup final ends up being at Arrowhead, and you get to take two of the best weeks of vacation in your life. :)

What?

Beating your defender is allowed. That is how you avoid offsides.

Offsides is in place in hockey and soccer for a reason to create flow and offensive vs defensive play instead of long ball back and forth.

You can't just get a guy back try and drop the ball behind a defender you have to use your skill to get past him.

Silock
01-13-2010, 05:39 AM
How much skill can it possibly take to cherry pick?

Offside only occurs if a player is behind the last defender when the ball is passed to him. That's it. If you and the ball can get behind the last defender, then awesome for you.

Anyway, glad to see we made the cut. Fuck the soccer haters. They should be appreciative of the fact that if we get a WC here, it will bring in more revenue than the Chiefs have in the last decade.

ChiefJustice
01-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Coke is the only company out there throwing tons of cash at this. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

All these places have big dollars coming in every which way.

There are tons and tons of things that are going into this. The planning for the KC bid has been going on for a year now. It has to do with transportation, regional sporting facilities for practice, fan interest, accommodations.

I am not saying Atlanta won't get it. But saying "Coke" and thinking thats it is simplistic when you look at how much has gone into this process.

The Kansas City area has put a quarter of a billion dollars in soccer regionally. Lamar Hunt's involvement in the US Soccer Federation was deeply deeply rooted. We have a state of the art 70k stadium as well as a great regional layout for support with St. Joe and Lawrence. KC was 5th amongst all those bigger cities in signing the petition which the bid committee took quite seriously.

Don't get me wrong....I would love to see a WC match at Arrowhead.

I just think Atlanta has an edge in most respects.

I mean have you been to it's airport?....they have a freaking Nathan's Hot dog stand in the terminal.:hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2010, 06:20 AM
I'm not a soccer fan by any means but this huge for Kansas City if we get it. And idiots arguing otherwise should shut the fuck up about it.

KCUnited
01-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Soccer has the offensive ineptitude to fit right in here in KC. As a fan of the city I hope we get it. It will be like when the Iowa State or Nascar fans swarm the city except with clearer accents.

Saulbadguy
01-13-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't like MLS soccer but I did enjoy watching USA's amazing run in the uh..FIFA thing, I think. We eventually lost to Brazil IIRC.

I don't pay attention to Soccer but at least it's a sport. I'd chastise any moron who puts down soccer but also watches GOLF, or even worse, NASCAR.

carlos3652
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
z - South Africa only has 9 venues and I think gemany had 9 as well, I think 9 stadiums is about right. I can see them tryin to do more, but I doubt it will be more than 12.

Again, this will be huge for kc and I think they get In not only Because kc is perfect location geographically but because there is a lot invested in soccer here as well.

kc and Dallas would be a perfect venue exchange for two groups to play in... (so all group matches are not in he same stadium...

Same as Arizona and Los Angeles, Miami and Tampa, NY and Washington, and I think Seattle will get in due to the same principle as kc... Those are my choices, it makes te most sense... And believe me if FIFA could have te world cup anywhere in the world, the US woudl be top choice... Regardless of what Americans think....
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I wish we could get an NBA or NHL team first, but this would be sweet for the people of Kansas City

HemiEd
01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Soccer has the offensive ineptitude to fit right in here in KC. As a fan of the city I hope we get it. It will be like when the Iowa State or Nascar fans swarm the city except with clearer accents.

ROFL

HemiEd
01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't like MLS soccer but I did enjoy watching USA's amazing run in the uh..FIFA thing, I think. We eventually lost to Brazil IIRC.

I don't pay attention to Soccer but at least it's a sport. I'd chastise any moron who puts down soccer but also watches GOLF, or even worse, NASCAR.

Hey go fuck yourself you no good **%(*%**(!!!

We have a facility in Brazil, and they are fairly serious about soccer.

Silock
01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
And believe me if FIFA could have te world cup anywhere in the world, the US woudl be top choice... Regardless of what Americans think....
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup. They'd do it every 4 years here if they could get away with it. Having it here means SO much money. I mean, we almost got it this year if South Africa had fucked it up any more than they did.

WoodDraw
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Yup. They'd do it every 4 years here if they could get away with it. Having it here means SO much money. I mean, we almost got it this year if South Africa had ****ed it up any more than they did.

Yeah, 1994 set all sorts of records that won't be broken until the USA gets it back again. I'd be shocked if we don't get it. 2018 - England, 2022 - USA. Works for me.

The KC bid is pretty legit too. The people behind it have done an incredible job. They deserve all the credit for us still being in the running right now.

WoodDraw
06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Figured World Cup would be a good time to bump this. KC has a strong big, and has gotten a lot of good press from the P&L watch parties. If you haven't already, check out the website and sign the KC bid petition.

http://www.gousabid.com/city/local/kansas-city-mo/