PDA

View Full Version : Economics What if everyone stopped buying health insurance?

googlegoogle
08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't prices come down then?

Think about it. Then everyone would have to buy at lowest cost. Prices would plummet with market forces.

just a thought.

Same with auto insurance.

Stewie
08-21-2009, 02:23 PM
The gov't has guaranteed the insurance companies will get a check.

trndobrd
08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Wouldn't prices come down then?

Think about it. Then everyone would have to buy at lowest cost. Prices would plummet with market forces.

just a thought.

Same with auto insurance.

Of course it would work. Just look at the great buggy whip boycott of 1922. Americans sure stuck it to the big buggy whip companies and showed them a thing or two.

Jenson71
08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
You go first.

Stewie
08-21-2009, 02:34 PM
You go first.

There's free health care everywhere. I live in Johnson County and know exactly where to go for free health care and free prescriptions. That sort of stuff is built into the system, just look.

Cave Johnson
08-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Dude's on fire lately.

Jenson71
08-21-2009, 02:46 PM
There's free health care everywhere. I live in Johnson County and know exactly where to go for free health care and free prescriptions. That sort of stuff is built into the system, just look.

I don't know about prescriptions, but there's a People's Community Health Clinic in Waterloo. They don't do things like emergencies though. And they're closed on the weekends. So a weekend emergency looks pretty bad for the 'free realm'

Free physicals though

RJ
08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey, did you guys hear about the gas out day?

wild1
08-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Every organization in the system would be bankrupt instantly, because private insurers carry both their own customers and the medicare customers too.

Stewie
08-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey, did you guys hear about the gas out day?

I had Mexican last night. Thank god for that.

KC native
08-21-2009, 02:58 PM
What if everyone could win the lottery?

Or What if everybody got their own leprechaun with a pot of gold?

Or what if unicorns really existed?

Oh wait, were you serious?

ROFL

HolyHandgernade
08-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Its like those "gasoline boycotts". There are some things that to be viable in our current culture, you just simply can't stop using without seriously impacting your vitality. We don't want insurance to go away, we want it to be a more responsive to the consumer. A product where the quality continues to go down while the cost for it goes up is not a good product and is operating in a predatory style recognizing that its need is essential. The market doesn't correct itself in this arena, it has to be pushed into a better form, and infortunately, government is the only entity with the bite to make it happen.

-HH

Stewie
08-21-2009, 03:35 PM
What if everyone could win the lottery?

Or What if everybody got their own leprechaun with a pot of gold?

Or what if unicorns really existed?

Oh wait, were you serious?

ROFL

Where's the outrage of higher education costs? Huh? Where's the hammer on that institution? Do they need a pot of gold, too? Nope, those assholes support Obama... hands off!!!

This policy is absurd. It's pick and choose from a dictator. Yep, a dictator who thinks he's god-like, but is paranoid as hell. "Everyone who opposes me is a wing-nut!" No wonder his numbers have fallen like a rock.

KC native
08-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Where's the outrage of higher education costs? Huh? Where's the hammer on that institution? Do they need a pot of gold, too? Nope, those assholes support Obama... hands off!!!

This policy is absurd. It's pick and choose from a dictator. Yep, a dictator who thinks he's god-like, but is paranoid as hell. "Everyone who opposes me is a wing-nut!" No wonder his numbers have fallen like a rock.

I think inflation in education costs is outrageous too but it is more due to a greater cultural phenomenon of encouraging a greater amount of people to go to college.

Beyond that, are you really trying to equate education and healthcare?

Ebolapox
08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
what if bob was one of us? just a bum like one of us? just a stranger on the bus, tryin' to get hemorrhoid cream?

Stewie
08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I think inflation in education costs is outrageous too but it is more due to a greater cultural phenomenon of encouraging a greater amount of people to go to college.

Beyond that, are you really trying to equate education and healthcare?

My question is the cost of higher education. It's apparent Obama wants to make everything cheap for everyone. He's God afterall. It's funny that his dumbass can't figure out that Goldman Sachs is raiding the Treasury, but that's a side note. Health care! Health care!..... that's the mantra! Right?

GS: "Ummm... don't mind us, we're just over here going through your stuff.

GS: "Hey, Obama, did you see our profits and bonuses?!!!!"

Obama: "Sure did! I KNEW former GS management would steer me in the right direction! You deserve hundreds of millions."

GS: "You are SO SMART!!!"

Obama: "Thanks.... uh... what did I do?"

GS: "Bonuses! Bonuses!"

Obama: "We approved bonuses?"

GS: "Yeah, it was in the stimulus package! Thank you very much"

Obama: "Uhh... uhhh.... OH YEAH! My advisors are from Goldman Sachs. How does this work exactly?"

GS: "We tell you what to do and you oblige!"

Obama: "Oblige to what?"

GS: "Monetary policy!"

Obama: "OH! THAT!"

GS: "Whew! We thought for a minute there you had no clue about monetary policy."

Obama: "I know all about monetary policy! George Washington is on the $10 bill, right?"

GS: "Yes, yes he is. You're so smart! We need to devalue the dollar, is that OK?

Obama: "Sure, what does that do?"

GS: "Makes us a ton of money."

Obama: "Woohoo! I'm sure I'll get a cut!!!!"

GS: "Uh, sure."