PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Oh how I bitched about the Mark Castle trade

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2009, 10:28 PM
http://www.tonymarini.com/Images/eating_crow.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
He's got moxie. Field vision. Not afraid to pull the football down and go. I love his decision making. The double fake on the touchdown drive was gorgeous. He won't hesitate to get off of a guy if he's covered and find somebody else. I'm a fan. I'm really looking forward to watching him.

MadMax
08-21-2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.tonymarini.com/Images/eating_crow.jpg

Don't eat your crow yet, he is still "MEDIOCRE" :)

kcchiefsus
08-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm a fan of Cassel but let's not make a final decision on him yet. He still has a ways to go. I was happy with his play though.

chiefsfan1963
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
I feel sorry about Cassel having to play behind this OL. Does not look very impressive.
Posted via Mobile Device

orange
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Tarvaris Jackson's QB rating in the game was 158.33.

You may be jumping the gun just a bit.

Ari Chi3fs
08-21-2009, 10:32 PM
It's a QB Crowterversy!!

Mr. Flopnuts
Don't eat your crow yet, he is still "MEDIOCRE" :)

Maybe. But he's still got some room for progression. I was really impressed with him tonight.

DeezNutz
Loving the reverse mojo you negative fuck.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Mark is starting to grow on me... Wasnt a big fan of his, ready for the season to start so we can see if he is going to elevate the team to his level...

MadMax
Maybe. But he's still got some room for progression. I was really impressed with him tonight.

I hear ya! Ditto.

Chocolate Hog
Tavaris Jackson's QB rating in the game was 158.33.

Jackson owns Pendergast.

It's only a pre-season game but yea Cassel showed ability. None of that matters if the Chiefs don't win games.

Mr. Flopnuts
Loving the reverse mojo you negative fuck.

LMAO 22 guys off the street! Seriously, I'm happy with how they played tonight. Everyone knows they're shit, but I think they're already better than last year's team and that's what it's all about. I fully think these guys are going to get better and better every single week. It's what I was hoping for last year, but it never happened.

Claynus
08-21-2009, 10:34 PM
He's got moxie. Field vision. Not afraid to pull the football down and go. I love his decision making. The double fake on the touchdown drive was gorgeous. He won't hesitate to get off of a guy if he's covered and find somebody else. I'm a fan. I'm really looking forward to watching him.

All you had to do was watch Patriots games.

What he showed tonight is exactly what he showed last year.

Randy Moss and Wes Welker be damned. He finds the open man and hits him.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2009, 10:35 PM
All you had to do was watch Patriots games.

What he showed tonight is exactly what he showed last year.

Randy Moss and Wes Welker be damned. He finds the open man and hits him.

That's the thing. It doesn't matter to him, and that was my concern. He's not afraid to throw it to anyone and trust them to do their job.

I WILL FOLLOW HIM!!!

Pioli Zombie
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
That's the thing. It doesn't matter to him, and that was my concern. He's not afraid to throw it to anyone and trust them to do their job.

I WILL FOLLOW HIM!!!

Cassel wasn't glued to Moss and Welker. He was spreading the ball around quite effectively. I like the potential of Bowe, Toomer, Engram, Bradley and Lelie.
But the real exciting thing to me is how the defense looked.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
08-21-2009, 10:40 PM
LMAO 22 guys off the street! Seriously, I'm happy with how they played tonight. Everyone knows they're shit, but I think they're already better than last year's team and that's what it's all about. I fully think these guys are going to get better and better every single week. It's what I was hoping for last year, but it never happened.

Oh, I have no doubt that this is going to be a much, much better football team than last year.

And they're still going to win only about 4 fucking games

So, we're seeing progress. And if Cassel is indeed the man, this progress will snowball, and not in that way, GoChiefs.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh, I have no doubt that this is going to be a much, much better football team than last year.

And they're still going to win only about 4 ****ing games

So, we're seeing progress. And if Cassel is indeed the man, this progress will snowball, and not in that way, GoChiefs.

Something we never saw with Herm and his band of Queer monkeys...

DeezNutz
08-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Something we never saw with Herm and his band of Queer monkeys...

Yep.

I'm confident that this will be an infinitely better-coached team. And that's not really saying much for Haley, but I'm pretty hopeful at this point about what he might be as a coach.

Lots of good signs, IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2009, 10:44 PM

Minnesota's defense is much more impressive than KC's. Although I was happy with the way our D got after it in the 1st quarter. That was pretty encouraging as well.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Yep.

I'm confident that this will be an infinitely better-coached team. And that's not really saying much for Haley, but I'm pretty hopeful at this point about what he might be as a coach.

Lots of good signs, IMO.

Yeah. I've been scratching my head at pretty much every decision these guys have made. I'm pretty happy with the notion that I'm just a dumbass, and this team may actually be moving in the right direction.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Yep.

Lots of good signs, IMO.

We are seeing signs of it in preseason already. This team is night and day from last year.

They are much much more physical than Herms teams ever were, they are showing signs of speed and wrapping up... Its going to take Haley and Co a full year to removed stupid that Herm so coveted...

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2009, 10:49 PM
He's no Kyle Orton

Nightfyre
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
I won't eat crow just yet. I'll have to evaluate him at the end of the year.

UsualSuspects
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM

On the defensive side?

I thought this was a Cassel thread? I assume you know Cassels' QB rating tonight as well?

Now I have to mention neckbeards rating last week! :D

JuicesFlowing
08-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Cassel was great on his feet, and his accuracy is there. Compared to last season's QB roster ... well, there's no comparison. Cassel is the guy. On a side note, Croyle plays more confidently now. He's improved a lot.

googlegoogle
08-21-2009, 11:18 PM
this

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 11:19 PM
thisthat

Mr. Flopnuts
08-22-2009, 12:27 AM
I won't eat crow just yet. I'll have to evaluate him at the end of the year.

I'm not evaluating him in the 2nd game of the preseason. I'm saying I'm excited about him rather than leery of him.