PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Does anyone see value in trading LJ for draft pick?

chiefsfan1963
08-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Just curious. Why not trade him and get another 2nd or first round pick? Build for next season.
Posted via Mobile Device

TrebMaxx
08-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Probably not because no other team would see any value.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 10:50 PM
His retarded freaking contract will keep him from being traded... Dumbest fucking signing in the history of the franchise...

There isnt much value in LJ, Our best bet it to go ahead and just run him into the ground quickly and move on.. He has zero trade value..

cdcox
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Because no one is going to give you a 4th rounder, let alone a 2nd. He's slow and runs without power.

Pioli Zombie
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
You would be lucky to get a 4th from some stupid team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
08-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Because no one is going to give you a 4th rounder, let alone a 2nd. He's slow and runs without power.
But he makes up for it by being a poor blocker
Posted via Mobile Device

OctoberFart
08-21-2009, 10:53 PM
A second rounder? My hell I want some of that dope you got. He looked slow and went down easy in tonights game. He used to run powerful. KC might be able to move him for 6 th.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 10:54 PM

This....

Plus he is old, refuses to block or catch out of the back field... Has terrible field vision and over all just a douche nozzle...

He isnt worth anything to another franchise... Hell he isnt worth much to this franchise, but Carl fucked us and now we have to keep him for awhile....

milkman
08-21-2009, 10:54 PM
It's like deja vu, all over again.

DBOSHO
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
he looked better than AP. minnesota should trade him

UsualSuspects
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Can't we just cut him before the season starts, save the bonus and get him off our books forever? Save the room for the rebuild at least.

chiefsfan1963
08-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah I remember when CP signed him and how pissed I was about it.Bummer for us. Oh well maybe he will surprise everyone and overachieve this year for us.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes.

In, what, '07.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Yes.

In, what, '07.

When he should of been traded; instead of fucking signing a new contract...

That was truly retarded on the Chiefs part...

milkman
08-21-2009, 11:22 PM
That was truly retarded on the Chiefs part...

Just another typical day in the life of Carl.

Chan93lx50
08-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Carl sure bent this team over, signing LJ, Trading away Allen, Bringing in Herm. Talk about taking it in the ass and not even offering a reach around

milkman
08-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Carl sure bent this team over, signing LJ, Trading away Allen, Bringing in Herm. Talk about taking it in the ass and not even offering a reach around

Bringing in Herman fucking Edwards for a 4th round pick.

In a constant stream of dumbassery and suckassery, that one stands out.

cdcox
08-21-2009, 11:27 PM

Well, maybe he didn't have time to do a good job managing the Chiefs 'cause he had to hang out at the Plaza III. That and polish his leather jacket.

CosmicPal
08-21-2009, 11:27 PM

True dat

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Can't we just cut him before the season starts, save the bonus and get him off our books forever? Save the room for the rebuild at least.

I was wondering about that too. We have a ton of cap space and he's no good to us in 2-3 years. I'm scratching my head on this one too. My only guess is that they'll want to run the ball a lot this season, so they don't ask Cassel to do too much too soon. While LJ might have lost a step, at least you know he can carry the ball a lot.

UsualSuspects
08-21-2009, 11:51 PM
I was wondering about that too. We have a ton of cap space and he's no good to us in 2-3 years. I'm scratching my head on this one too. My only guess is that they'll want to run the ball a lot this season, so they don't ask Cassel to do too much too soon. While LJ might have lost a step, at least you know he can carry the ball a lot.

I see that but if as "people" say and we don't have a true #1 running back, cut and run.

It is not like we are going to the playoffs this year anyway.
Most here say RBs are a dime a dozen, lets see if it rids us of a 8 million RB this year to make even more room when we need it, I mean hes not even a starter?

Maybe it is a rouse and "Pioley" plan?

Thank God it is NFL time!

J Diddy
08-21-2009, 11:57 PM
A second rounder? My hell I want some of that dope you got. He looked slow and went down easy in tonights game. He used to run powerful. KC might be able to move him for 6 th.

If someone offers a 6th we should jump all over it.

chiefzilla1501
08-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I see that but if as "people" say and we don't have a true #1 running back, cut and run.

It is not like we are going to the playoffs this year anyway.
Most here say RBs are a dime a dozen, lets see if it rids us of a 8 million RB this year to make even more room when we need it, I mean hes not even a starter?

Maybe it is a rouse and "Pioley" plan?

Thank God it is NFL time!

Well, it's always been my opinion that the #1 priority for 2009 should be to give Cassel every opportunity to succeed. The last thing we want is to run an offense like in 2008 where we consistently run the ball less than 20 times per game. If you can run the ball a lot, you don't force Cassel to throw over 30 times a game and you can let him ease into the offense.

I don't know if it's the rationale. But it's the only reason I can think of to keep LJ around.

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Jesus, Willie Roaf made a lot of half-assed players a shit ton of money.

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:13 AM
LJ looked great tonight the one time he actually had a hole.

wild1
08-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Maybe it's just me, but he definitely does not look like the Larry Johnson of old. The other guys on the roster have looked as capable at least some of the time.

DBOSHO
08-22-2009, 12:28 AM

agreed. that 18? yard burst was BEAutiful. i know he doesnt get many holes, i just wish hed stop trying to find one and just run.

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 12:32 AM

I don't know what was more painful - watching Larry try to run up the spine of anyone in front of him or the tragic O line trying, but failing miserably, to make a space for him so that he didn't give them a football enema on every carry.

It takes Larry two and a half quarters to get started, and that was with Roaf and Shields and Wiegmann blocking for him. This line sucks dog nuts, and that's being generous. And they aren't good enough to establish themselves for an entire half waiting for Larry to warm up. Which means that we will be once again relying on the pass, which means that teams will be packing it in on blitz packages early and often. Which means that Cassel will be dead, Croyle will be dead and Gutteriez will be operating out of the pistol by game four or five due to sheer necessity.

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah let's not overreact. Not every team defends the run the way the Vikings do.

God those stretch plays were ugly, though.

UsualSuspects
08-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Well, it's always been my opinion that the #1 priority for 2009 should be to give Cassel every opportunity to succeed. The last thing we want is to run an offense like in 2008 where we consistently run the ball less than 20 times per game. If you can run the ball a lot, you don't force Cassel to throw over 30 times a game and you can let him ease into the offense.

I don't know if it's the rationale. But it's the only reason I can think of to keep LJ around.

I agree but I also am tired of the same shitty offensive line problems. For the last 3 years it has been-It will be better, while no improvement for the same time span.

I know it is a new regime and a different year but I would bet most here are tired of that approach about now. The one thing that concerns me is that the next draft will be defensive heavy.

I know you can not fix all of the holes in one year and the current regime seems to start with defense but it is a concern for me about now.

Just saying.

Bowser
08-22-2009, 12:37 AM
These threads are the best.

UsualSuspects
08-22-2009, 12:39 AM

So he is great if he only has an open hole?

Great and comeback RB's have to show more than running through an open hole IMO. That would mean the only needed trait is speed or patience to be a "great" RB? :spock:

KcMizzou
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM
These threads are the best. Pointless, yet entertaining...

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
So he is great if he only has an open hole?

Dude that goes for most running backs. Go and see what the Colts did last week against that Minnesota defense. It's even uglier.

When you're not gameplanning much for the Vikings it's going to look bad.

the Talking Can
08-22-2009, 04:21 AM
lj goes down easier than any rb in the league.....holy god he runs like a pussy

and we couldn't trade him if we offered draft picks too....

ChiefJustice
08-22-2009, 04:41 AM
WE NEED MORE NACHOS!

Make it happen.Scott!:cuss:

Scorp
08-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Just curious. Why not trade him and get another 2nd or first round pick? Build for next season.
Posted via Mobile Device

WTF? Really? We already tried to trade him to every team out there. You know how many teams were interested? ZERO, ZILCH, NOTTA, NO ONE! Everyone knows this....how come you don't? :spock:

Skip Towne
08-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Trade him to GoChiefs. He's the only one who thinks LJ is good. Another one of GC's pimp jobs.

wild1
08-22-2009, 09:36 AM
maybe we could trade him and a 5th for Brandon Marshall

Scorp
08-22-2009, 09:43 AM
maybe we could trade him and a 5th for Brandon Marshall

or we could trade Jeff Webb and a sixth for Anquan Boldin. :shake:

allday28
08-22-2009, 08:17 PM
you cant really judge a running back on how he does against the vikings defense as they have been the best in nfl for 3 yrs straight against run. over that span only 4 or 5 backs have reached 100 yds and only couple more teams as a whole have reached 100 yards.

Chief Chief
08-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I'd take whoever or whatever was offered in a heartbeat...no questions asked!

Mr. Krab
08-22-2009, 08:34 PM
He's the biggest finesse back i think i have ever seen. :shake:

LaChapelle
08-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Vermiel and Saunders shared many a shaved beagle pussy.

sedated
08-22-2009, 10:45 PM
forget LJ, why haven't they traded Cox for a first-rounder yet?

Pioli is an idiot.

What about Pollard for 2 firsts and a 3rd?