PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anyone worried about Branden Albert?

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Two fairly shitty games in a row. If he's gonna whiff once every half it's not gonna be a good season. Sophomore slump or just working out the kinks in preseason? I'm a little worried.

dj56dt58
08-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Does it matter? He could be the best offensive lineman in football history and it wont matter because of the rest of the shit out there on the line

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Does it matter? He could be the best offensive lineman in football history and it wont matter because of the rest of the shit out there on the line

Might be the difference between a below-average season and a really shitty one...

dj56dt58
08-22-2009, 12:15 AM
I think if he had better talent around him that would help his progression..I think eventually he could take a shit line like this and make them look good, but he's still young and still learning the position

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
It's hard to block six guys by yourself. I mean, the fucking tackling dummies we have at LG, C, RG, RT are just so unbelievably stunning in their ability to block...

Cassel will be dead by game three.

chiefzilla1501
08-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Might be the difference between a below-average season and a really shitty one...

That's the least of my concern.

My concern is that when you're protecting a QBs blind side, it could be the difference between a healthy and an unhealthy Cassel.

I'll wait till the regular season to decide. But you're right, it's concerning that he's struggling against basic defenses.

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:18 AM
I think if he had better talent around him that would help his progression....

Yeah, no. Either you can pick up your man or you can't. The last two games he hasn't. I haven't even reviewed the recording...I bet he's even worse than I thought...

DBOSHO
08-22-2009, 12:18 AM
imo i think we will be fine. every team looks worse in preseason.

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 12:20 AM
And thank you for all the Loadholt haters...

Not that we didn't have a need at RT or anything...

Spicy McHaggis
08-22-2009, 12:30 AM
And thank you for all the Loadholt haters...

Not that we didn't have a need at RT or anything...

If only Pioli had stuck to his guns and not listened to them. DAMN YOU HATERS!!!!

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah I'm still kinda pissed about the Loadholt thing.

KcMizzou
08-22-2009, 12:36 AM
In a word? No.

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 12:37 AM
In a word? No.

I don't see what the excuse is. Albert missed the entire preseason last year and fucked up Dick Seymour in the opener. What is this garbage we're seeing now? It's reminiscent of I-65.

Bowser
08-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Not yet, but I reserve the right to change my mind a few weeks into the season.

veist
08-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Anyone else wondering if its just the fact that they have him playing what 30lbs lighter? Could be some growing pains involved with a change like that.

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Anyone else wondering if its just the fact that they have him playing what 30lbs lighter? Could be some growing pains involved with a change like that.

I pondered this a few minutes ago. I wonder how this might affect pass blocking. I don't see how. It would affect run blocking for sure if his technique was poor.

ArrowheadMagic
08-22-2009, 01:21 AM
How about we are making something out of nothing..... I am sure Detroit fans were stoked after their 4-0 record in the preseason last year.

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 01:24 AM
How about we are making something out of nothing..... I am sure Detroit fans were stoked after their 4-0 record in the preseason last year.

That's fine, but having Cassel running for his life when one half of the Williams boys and the drunk hillbilly weren't in the game is of some concern. How bad would it have been if Jared and Pat were in there?

Count Zarth
08-22-2009, 01:26 AM
That's fine, but having Cassel running for his life when one half of the Williams boys and the drunk hillbilly weren't in the game is of some concern. How bad would it have been if Jared and Pat were in there?

Cassel would have just run a little faster.

ArrowheadMagic
08-22-2009, 01:29 AM

Good question.... what would it have been like? did you expect perfect protection, him seating in a pocket with all day to make his reads? ... or moving around and scoring points? unless you expect the 2003 Chiefs line to re appear.... then maybe its your expectations that need to change? QB's need to make plays when blocking breaks down. shit broke down... and Cassel lead 2 scoring drives. More than he did against Houston..... tell me... is that an improvement. ?

Micjones
08-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Not worried about Albert. He's going to get beaten here and there.
He's still VERY young and has lots of room to grow as a Tackle.
Not worried at all...

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Good question.... what would it have been like? did you expect perfect protection, him seating in a pocket with all day to make his reads? ... or moving around and scoring points? unless you expect the 2003 Chiefs line to re appear.... then maybe its your expectations that need to change? QB's need to make plays when blocking breaks down. shit broke down... and Cassel lead 2 scoring drives. More than he did against Houston..... tell me... is that an improvement. ?

Absolutely. I thought Cassel looked great tonight. But if he's running for his life, and Allen and Williams weren't in there, and they are throwing vanilla defenses at him (although the Vikes blitzed more than I expected), than I think that there is some cause for concern.

Cox and the tight ends are going to have to perform miracles and the wideouts are going to have to be damn near perfect if the offense is going to do much this season, or if Cassel or Croyle expect to live to the bye week.

Ari Chi3fs
08-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Loadholt is gonna be a beast... 6'9? 325lbs?! beast!

Fruit Ninja
08-22-2009, 01:47 AM
It's hard to block six guys by yourself. I mean, the ****ing tackling dummies we have at LG, C, RG, RT are just so unbelievably stunning in their ability to block...

Cassel will be dead by game three.

Then we got the secret weapon of THIGPEN!!!!!!!!! He will well wont do shit, but run around and make a few ok plays.lol

As long as this defense gets better and hopefully our QB stays alive all year, i will be happy.

ArrowheadMagic
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Absolutely. I thought Cassel looked great tonight. But if he's running for his life, and Allen and Williams weren't in there, and they are throwing vanilla defenses at him (although the Vikes blitzed more than I expected), than I think that there is some cause for concern.

Cox and the tight ends are going to have to perform miracles and the wideouts are going to have to be damn near perfect if the offense is going to do much this season, or if Cassel or Croyle expect to live to the bye week.

Making too much out of preseason... How many plays was Bowe out there? Cassel being 9/14 for 99 yds and a TD... with a 100 qb rating.... means you probably need to change your expectations.

salame
08-22-2009, 02:35 AM
I look at it like this
we have 8 draft picks next year right?
1st round we take a receiver
then next 7 picks we just get o-line
one or two of them have to pan out right?

Rausch
08-22-2009, 02:44 AM
He's the only guy on offense I'm not worried about...

UsualSuspects
08-22-2009, 03:05 AM
I look at it like this
we have 8 draft picks next year right?
1st round we take a receiver
then next 7 picks we just get o-line
one or two of them have to pan out right?

Wow I am impressed.

Not a JPG post?

?

:D

salame
08-22-2009, 03:10 AM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/12/18/1198036115_0005/539w.jpg

UsualSuspects
08-22-2009, 03:22 AM
All Irish background?

The only reason I know you post most JPG is cause I am a n00b.

Wont let me quote them.

Till Skip says I can.

michaelj_58
08-22-2009, 06:25 AM
i think its affecting him with his blocking, let him go to gates barbeque a few times before the season

milkman
08-22-2009, 06:33 AM
I said this in the game thread.

A substantial loss of weight in a short time leads to a person feeling awkward and clumsy.

He also has looked as though he wasn't sure what his blocking asignment is on a couple of the blitzes, or that he was expecting a RB to pick up a blitz and is late to respond.

Nightfyre
08-22-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm sure albert will be fine. He's probably adjusting to the new scheme and his new body.
Posted via Mobile Device

OctoberFart
08-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Here is a great explaination why you KC fans shouldn't be worried about this thread. I'll borrow a great line by bishop 74.

I'm not going to lie Claythan. I think you have no ability whatsoever to evaluate NFL talent or ability. You might want to go in to a different line of work. Maybe you can evaluate the validity of antiques or something... but this is definately not your gig.

Buehler445
08-22-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't see what the excuse is. Albert missed the entire preseason last year and fucked up Dick Seymour in the opener. What is this garbage we're seeing now? It's reminiscent of I-65.

That is blowing shit way out of proportion, but I'll be watching it. The Texans game was just poor technique and a good move.

I said this in the game thread.

A substantial loss of weight in a short time leads to a person feeling awkward and clumsy.

He also has looked as though he wasn't sure what his blocking asignment is on a couple of the blitzes, or that he was expecting a RB to pick up a blitz and is late to respond.

I didn't do they depth of analysis that you did, but IMO, he doesn't look very comfortable with the assignments. Could be that he is still learning the non-Thigpen offense.

Overall, I think he is the best on the line (including Waters) so we shouldn't worry about him just yet. I think he still looks damn solid.

DTLB58
08-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Here is a great explaination why you KC fans shouldn't be worried about this thread. I'll borrow a great line by bishop 74.

I'm not going to lie Claythan. I think you have no ability whatsoever to evaluate NFL talent or ability. You might want to go in to a different line of work. Maybe you can evaluate the validity of antiques or something... but this is definately not your gig.

I hate to give props to the other side, but......:clap: :) :D ROFL ROFL ROFL

Funniest Freaking thing I have EVER heard on here!!!!!!! And probably the most true statement.

Fairplay
08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Pre-season games don't count much in my book.

milkman
08-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I didn't do they depth of analysis that you did, but IMO, he doesn't look very comfortable with the assignments. Could be that he is still learning the non-Thigpen offense.

Overall, I think he is the best on the line (including Waters) so we shouldn't worry about him just yet. I think he still looks damn solid.

The post you quoted was my initial reaction in watching the game last night.

After watching this morning and paying close attention, I saw exactly what happened.

On one play, Albert is engaged with Robison, is pushing to the outside and behind Cassel when Charles comes from behind his left shoulder, puts a solid hit on Robison and spins him away from Albert, at which time he was freed to make a beeline to Cassel.

The other play, Albert was setting up to block Robison.

Charles should have gone inside to take on the blitzer, but instead jumps outside, leaving a confused Albert, with no time to adjust, to take on the blitzer.

Buehler445
08-22-2009, 04:56 PM

After watching this morning and paying close attention, I saw exactly what happened.

On one play, Albert is engaged with Robison, is pushing to the outside and behind Cassel when Charles comes from behind his left shoulder, puts a solid hit on Robison and spins him away from Albert, at which time he was freed to make a beeline to Cassel.

Charles should have gone inside to take on the blitzer, but instead jumps outside, leaving a confused Albert, with no time to adjust, to take on the blitzer.

Cool. Thanks.

Doesn't sound like too much to be worried about.

orange
08-22-2009, 04:59 PM
This thread could use GIFs.

MoreLemonPledge
08-23-2009, 03:45 AM
This thread could use GIFs.

http://91.121.71.200/gifs/4398.gif

BossChief
08-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Preseason

two of the five best dlines in the NFL

Things will be better when we move to more shotgun formations.

Same shit blocking as this time last year

Coogs
08-23-2009, 08:28 AM

Charles was right around Albert and Conner Barwin on the sack the week before against the Texans. I commented on that one earlier this past week.

milkman
08-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Charles was right around Albert and Conner Barwin on the sack the week before against the Texans. I commented on that one earlier this past week.

I know.
We discussed it, and there isn't a bigger Albert fan on here, but I just didn't see it the same way you did.

As I saw it, there's no defending Albert on that play, it simply looks to me like Barwin owned him.

Coogs
08-23-2009, 08:35 AM
I know.
We discussed it, and there isn't a bigger Albert fan on here, but I just didn't see it the same way you did.

As I saw it, there's no defending Albert on that play, it simply looks to me like Barwin owned him.

Good. I trust your judgement on alll of these. I would love to see Charles supplant LJ in the backfield if at all possible.

KCChiefsFan88
08-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Preseason

two of the five best dlines in the NFL

Things will be better when we move to more shotgun formations.

Same shit blocking as this time last year

Half of Minnesota's starting defensive line didn't play on Friday night.

KcFanInGA
08-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks for clearing it up guys. Sounds like Charles is our problem blocker, NOT LJ! Hopefully he can work on this, I like Charles and think he gives us good options, especially on screen plays and such. Matter of fact, I feel good about our RB depth, I just hope our O line will start getting more push up front.