PDA

View Full Version : News Snaps the Racist Clown

gblowfish
08-22-2009, 08:46 AM
The Iowa State Fair....
Yikes.

http://www.kcci.com/news/20498197/detail.html

DES MOINES, Iowa -- If you've been in the Midway at the Iowa State Fair this year, you've probably seen a loud clown in the dunk tank.

The clown in the cage in the back of the Midway has been a staple at the Iowa State Fair for years. He used to be known as Bobo.

Friday, fair officials conducted an investigation into what some call his bizarre behavior on Thursday night.

Reid Vos thows his best shot to try to take down the Clown.

"It's fun to put loudmouths down," said Vos.

While fairgoers throw balls at him, the clown named Snaps throws insults back at them. The clown tries to rile up whoever's watching and get them to cough up $3 to try to put him down for his put-downs.

"I know he's trying to get in my head. I just block him out," said Vos.

Armond Fiedler told KCCI on Friday that he cannot block out what he heard at the fair on Thursday night.

"The guy is vulgar, using racial slurs. It was sickening. I couldn't believe it," said Fiedler.

Fiedler said Snaps crossed the line with ethnic slurs toward a black child and a Hispanic family.

"Using the N word and demeaning to a group of Mexicans, don't appreciate it," said Fiedler.

"The little boy looked like his feelings were crushed, to do that to kids is bad let alone their parents," said Fiedler.

The fair has not received any official complaints of racially motivated remarks.

"We're going to investigate. If he did do this, we'll take corrective actions to it," said Gary Slate, Iowa State Fair executive director.

Slater said the fair is first and foremost a family event, and although Snaps draws a crowd, he might not be the best sideshow for everyone.

Buehler445
08-22-2009, 08:48 AM
"Using the N word and demeaning to a group of Mexicans, don't appreciate it," said Fiedler.

I'm not really up to date with my ethnic slurs, but what? Is that a misprint?

Baby Lee
08-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm not really up to date with my ethnic slurs, but what? Is that a misprint?

I think it's referring to two separate situation, ie N-word for Canadians and some other demeaning terminology for Hispanics.

Fiedler said Snaps crossed the line with ethnic slurs toward a black child and a Hispanic family.

JD10367
08-22-2009, 10:49 AM
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/In_Living_Color_Homey_The_Clown_Dont_Play_Dat-T-link.jpg

Gonzo
08-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Snaps, the racist clown? ROFL

Wonder if he does b-day parties?
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
08-22-2009, 11:35 AM
I guess Shitsprayer must have moved to Iowa during his last ban. LMAO

big nasty kcnut
08-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Sound like a great idea but take him out of tank and let people beat him for 3$

Dottefan
08-22-2009, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=Baby Lee;5993165]I think it's referring to two separate situation, ie N-word for Canadians and some other demeaning terminology for Hispanics.[/QUOTE

ILLEGALS IS THE CODE WORD MINORITYS LIKE TO USE FOR WHITE FOLKS, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS USE CANADIANS FOR BLACK FOLKS.ROFLROFL

Inspector
08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=Baby Lee;5993165]I think it's referring to two separate situation, ie N-word for Canadians and some other demeaning terminology for Hispanics.[/QUOTE

ILLEGALS IS THE CODE WORD MINORITYS LIKE TO USE FOR WHITE FOLKS, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS USE CANADIANS FOR BLACK FOLKS.ROFLROFL

"Cracker" is so 1990's.

googlegoogle
08-22-2009, 12:49 PM
What happens when the clown becomes homeless?

Bowser
08-22-2009, 12:51 PM

He gives oral for crack money?

Crush
08-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Snaps the Racist Clown is a damn good name for a clown.

Mojo Jojo
08-22-2009, 01:16 PM

He gets free health care!!!!!!

Rain Man
08-22-2009, 11:17 PM

Maybe he lives in a car with 28 other clowns.

T-post Tom
08-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Don't *uck with Snaps:

http://www.lightanddark.net/images/Clown2.JPG

MoreLemonPledge
08-23-2009, 03:54 AM
And I know have my fantasy football team name for week one.

SNAPS THE RACIST CLOWN

MoreLemonPledge
08-23-2009, 03:55 AM
Don't *uck with Snaps:

http://www.lightanddark.net/images/Clown2.JPG

WTF. I won't be able to sleep now. Thanks.

TEX
08-23-2009, 06:56 AM
He gets free health care!!!!!!

ROFL

ForeverChiefs58
08-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I live in Florida, and they have him at carnivals in the local mall parking lot here. My kids were riding on a ride right next to him and I was hoping he wouldn't start anything with me. He did ask me how I got such a hot wife, I just ignored him and he kept busy with other people. He would yell out to people that walked by about being overweight, black, mexican, whatever. I saw a heavier set black lady complain and demand a manager to file a complaint because he said she ate too much fried chicken and watermellon and was like an angry rino. As soon as my wife and kids got off the ride I said quick, lets get far away from here. I was just waiting for someone to pull out a gun and get rid of a very loud clown with a mic, sense of humor and no future.

Ebolapox
08-23-2009, 10:58 AM
ROFL

what. the. fuck?

seclark
08-23-2009, 11:00 AM
I live in Florida, and they have him at carnivals in the local mall parking lot here. My kids were riding on a ride right next to him and I was hoping he wouldn't start anything with me. He did ask me how I got such a hot wife, I just ignored him and he kept busy with other people. He would yell out to people that walked by about being overweight, black, mexican, whatever. I saw a heavier set black lady complain and demand a manager to file a complaint because he said she ate too much fried chicken and watermellon and was like an angry rino. As soon as my wife and kids got off the ride I said quick, lets get far away from here. I was just waiting for someone to pull out a gun and get rid of a very loud clown with a mic, sense of humor and no future.

he's been around for years:
Pennywise: [Pennywise's face begins changing from a smile to a frown] Ohh yes... They Float Georgie... They Float... and when your down here, with me... YOU FLOAT TOO!
[Pennywise grabs Georgie's arm and pulls him toward the storm drain]

hazylunarrain
06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
This equipment and its management are in NO way affiliated with American Concessions, the owner of the BOBO Dunk Tanks. Nor has it ever been, or ever will be. This company has never allowed such activity, and had few or no problems at this or any other fair of this nature. So please check and verify your information as you have laid yourself open to a slander issue with this posting...

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Snaps the Racist Clown is a damn good name for a clown.

LMAO I agree.

I'll say it:

It's a horrible thing to do, but the situation is still funny as fuck. Especially if they drag him out of the cage and beat his ass.LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2010, 04:53 PM
ROFL

what. the. fuck?

ROFL I know!

Reaper16
06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
This equipment and its management are in NO way affiliated with American Concessions, the owner of the BOBO Dunk Tanks. Nor has it ever been, or ever will be. This company has never allowed such activity, and had few or no problems at this or any other fair of this nature. So please check and verify your information as you have laid yourself open to a slander issue with this posting...
lol wut? This guy googles this clown or something, finds this year-old thread and then makes a legally dubious accusation of slander? Funny.

GoHuge
06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
What do people expect out of carnival workers? I'm not surprised a moron that sits around waiting for people to throw a baseball to dunk him in a tank of water isn't ethnically and racially up to date on what is considered correct and incorrect. He's a carnival clown in IOWA. Not making excuses for that kind of behavior, but go to a country bar and you'll hear much worse. I hadn't heard the N word spoken in public for as long as I can remember until last summer. Was at a bar down by the lake and somebody redneck dropped it in reference to black people with no shame at all. It was disgusting. Racism will never die.

LaChapelle
06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
It's in his makeup

SnakeXJones
06-23-2010, 05:08 PM
So Yucko the Clown is doing state fairs now?

brorth
06-23-2010, 05:08 PM
lol wut? This guy googles this clown or something, finds this year-old thread and then makes a legally dubious accusation of slander? Funny.

Well, I guess we just figured out that someone associated with American Concessions, owner of the BOBO dunk tank, lurks here.

Baconeater
06-23-2010, 05:12 PM
lol...you're a racist.

kstater
06-23-2010, 05:14 PM

Heh, this usually ends well.

FAX
06-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Glad you're here, Mr. hazylunarrain. Maybe you can clear up something that's been bothering me for awhile. Can you, right here and now, deny that BOBO Dunk Tanks have been involved in more than 16 confirmed clown drownings over the past 30 years?

FAX

Pablo
06-23-2010, 06:04 PM
This equipment and its management are in NO way affiliated with American Concessions, the owner of the BOBO Dunk Tanks. Nor has it ever been, or ever will be. This company has never allowed such activity, and had few or no problems at this or any other fair of this nature. So please check and verify your information as you have laid yourself open to a slander issue with this posting...U RACIST SUNOVABITCH. UR LUCKY I AINT ROUND UR RACIST CLOWN OR ID BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA U AND ALL UR EMPLOYES.

AMERICAN CNCESSIONS AINT NEVER GUNA GET MY MONEY.

MahiMike
06-23-2010, 06:05 PM

What a shame. The world was a better place when Don Rickles was around and we could all laugh at ourselves.

MahiMike
06-23-2010, 06:10 PM
What do people expect out of carnival workers? I'm not surprised a moron that sits around waiting for people to throw a baseball to dunk him in a tank of water isn't ethnically and racially up to date on what is considered correct and incorrect. He's a carnival clown in IOWA. Not making excuses for that kind of behavior, but go to a country bar and you'll hear much worse. I hadn't heard the N word spoken in public for as long as I can remember until last summer. Was at a bar down by the lake and somebody redneck dropped it in reference to black people with no shame at all. It was disgusting. Racism will never die.

I'll stop using the N word when every black comedian and rapper stop.

Pablo
06-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I'll stop using the N word when every black comedian and rapper stop.It's the hard 'r' that will get ya every time.

gblowfish
06-23-2010, 06:13 PM
I guess if this guy is all pissed off he should go after KCCI in Des Moines. The story is simply linked from there. They're the CBS affiliate in Des Moines, so it's not like some wild internet rumor site. I would think their report is legit.

And he's all pissed off a year after the fact?

He must have dial up....

Iowanian
06-23-2010, 06:57 PM

Carneys drink their own pee. No one can ever accuse a carney vendor from being an equal opportunity employer, because you're all slimy, nimwits who would go down on the bearded lady for a half piece of laffy taffy from the midway restroom.

Bwana
06-23-2010, 07:06 PM

Hey Ace, please don't take this the wrong way, but go fuck yourself. :thumb:

BigRichard
06-23-2010, 07:07 PM

Are you a fucking retard? Do you wear a bucket on your head and run into walls? Do you see the link? It is a copy of a story you fucking dipshit.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-23-2010, 07:12 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalm_implied.jpg

Pioli Zombie
06-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Racism doesn't exist. They said so in the DC Forum.

footballguy84
06-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Squeezing his nose is like pulling the string on a dummy... a random racist comment comes out!!! lol

Pioli Zombie
06-23-2010, 07:23 PM
What a shame. The world was a better place when Don Rickles was around and we could all laugh at ourselves.
Those were the days. Willie,Mickey,and the Duke. Elvis. Your best girl on Saturday night. Howdy Doody. Uncle Miltie. Lynchings. Ike. Apple Pie. Hot Dogs. Cross Burnings. Stickball. 40 hour work week. Legal wife beating. Lucy. Captain Kangaroo. Sid Caesar. Beating up Gays. 57 Chevy. Greasers. The Drive-In. Beating up Jews.

RJ
06-23-2010, 08:01 PM

That's ****ing awesome.

Fortunately, CP has a crackerjack attorney on retainer. Mexico referred us to him.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2q9cadw.jpg

RJ
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Glad you're here, Mr. hazylunarrain. Maybe you can clear up something that's been bothering me for awhile. Can you, right here and now, deny that BOBO Dunk Tanks have been involved in more than 16 confirmed clown drownings over the past 30 years?

FAX

Sir, those are UN-confirmed clown drownings. No clown bodies have ever been recovered and there are numerous possible explanations for those 60 oversized shoes. Also, we have witnesses who report seeing all 30 clowns alive and well leaving Iowa together in a small compact car.

ThaVirus
06-23-2010, 08:24 PM

That's funny you say that. I'm mixed (black and white) myself and I was having a conversation with some white coworkers about racism and what not. I said that the most common racial slur used is "c h i n k" but they all gave me a look like I was retarded (obviously the one they hear most is "n i g g e r"). It's odd how every experience is different for each person.

RJ
06-23-2010, 09:02 PM
That's funny you say that. I'm mixed (black and white) myself and I was having a conversation with some white coworkers about racism and what not. I said that the most common racial slur used is "c h i n k" but they all gave me a look like I was retarded (obviously the one they hear most is "n i g g e r"). It's odd how every experience is different for each person.

Well, you may be right since there are 1.4 billion people in China.

You think they call each other "chink"?

"What up my chink?".

Anyway, if they do then I'm sure you were right.

FAX
06-23-2010, 09:06 PM

Man, it's a good thing you're not racist yourself, Mr. ThaVirus. At work, half of you would be pissed at the other half for taking up a job and you'd spend your free time getting drunk and beating the crap out of yourself.

FAX

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 09:43 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're placing legal threats towards the wrong individual. There was an actual article, (as per the link in the OP), written by someone other than the person who posted this thread. He is not at fault. Please kindly direct your legal team to the original author.

In the interm, walk into a flaming aids tree.

RJ
06-23-2010, 09:47 PM
In the interm, walk into a flaming aids tree.

There goes Lumpy and her legal mumbo-jumbo again.

Iowanian
06-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Back Off PEOPLE!!!

hazy has dibs on the tilta-whirl this season!

booger
06-23-2010, 09:59 PM
thats cause he cheated and stuck his finger in the bearded lady

Rain Man
06-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Can you please verify or deny ownership of the "Burning Cross Ring Toss" game and the "Protect the Rio Grande" Shooting Arcade?

Iowanian
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Can you please verify or deny ownership of the "Burning Cross Ring Toss" game or the "Protect the Rio Grande" Shooting Arcade.

The Push Mower race is their best money maker. With the dull 6" blades, no one can ever finish in the alloted time and they never have to give anyway any of the high quality, Chinese made Sambo dolls.

Baconeater
06-23-2010, 10:03 PM
This company has never allowed such activity, and had few or no problems at this or any other fair of this nature.
O RLY?

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/news/opinion/mailbag/article_228d2afb-16c6-5ff1-9d8a-0ceddb700980.html

Bobo the Clown' outright crude

After attending the North Dakota State Fair this past week, I want to comment on one of its attractions.

It's about the dunking booth, where fair-goers were persuaded to try their luck at sinking the clown in a cage. This carnival attraction surely has been around for a long time.

However, it is clear to many people the manner in which "Bobo the Clown" solicits his customers is outright crude and borderline slanderous. To young and old, to people of many different backgrounds and appearances, the clown calls out with an amplified microphone to people passing by.

There are several reasons I write this. The booth advertised a "kids' special" until 9 p.m. Wednesday. The attraction itself was located next to a children's ride and the Ferris wheel. In an apparent attempt to attract children, carnival workers did not act in a responsible and dignified way. Throughout the day, different clowns kept up the same derogatory tone and stated crude remarks, disregarding decency.

No person should have to be subjected to stereotyped and dehumanizing comments in order to walk to the Ferris wheel. No adolescent should be publicly scrutinized as looking "fat," "emo," "fairy" (homosexual) or "redneck." No innocent child should have to listen to offensive, sexually harassing and callous comments aimed at their own parents or other adults.

Even though the Mighty Thomas Carnival may defend the comments as interaction in good jest, this blatant indecency should be censored from being heard by an unwilling public.

Incidentally, a logical way to do it would involve moving the booth away from children's rides. Additionally, this would require offering youth discounts and verbal discretion. Neither of these was the case.

No doubt that attraction is profitable and popular. Nevertheless, it is the North Dakota State Fair's duty to provide quality entertainment, and it should earn its revenue in a way that does not put indecencies in the minds of its attendees.

Gonzo
06-23-2010, 10:04 PM
The good news is Snaps has been fired.
The bad news? They replaced him with Lynchie.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
06-23-2010, 10:05 PM
3rd place gets a 10 pack of finger cuffs

RJ
06-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Can you please verify or deny ownership of the "Burning Cross Ring Toss" game and the "Protect the Rio Grande" Shooting Arcade?

Man, that's my favorite game! That little Mexican guy in the sombrero pops up and I just start blasting! Haha, see you later Jose Jimenez! I clean up on that game, I get the big teddy bear every time. Last year I finally hit the "immigrant baby bonus" shot, which is tough. I only know like three other guys that have done it. Anyway, that's a great game.

Baconeater
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CVxbF5Ji88&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CVxbF5Ji88&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Duck Dog
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Are we really in a time where the dunking booth clown is offending people?

Rain Man
06-23-2010, 10:15 PM

I think it's frustrating to people because there's nothing they can do about it. They have absolutely no recourse, no way to exact revenge.

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
thats cause he cheated and stuck his finger in the bearded lady

Who hasn't? :shrug:

Iowanian
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I have a way to revenge that Sonnabitch!

I usually get angry and pay $10 for a bucket of balls, and try to drench his ass in that cool refreshing water in the heat of the afternoon that is making him so disigerent.

booger
06-23-2010, 10:22 PM

the time you stuck your finger in the bearded lady did it feel kinda like finger banging a rotten Cantaloupe?

that's the only way i can describe it.

Gonzo
06-23-2010, 10:25 PM
the time you stuck your finger in the bearded lady did it feel kinda like finger banging a rotten Cantaloupe?

Bearded ladies are unbelievably tight and well kept in their nether-regions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 10:26 PM

LMAO Ewwww... ok, I'm done playing Booger.

PS Check your rep comments.

RJ
06-23-2010, 10:27 PM

I guess it's a matter of degree.

Like I'm bald, so if the clown said "hey baldie" it wouldn't bother me in the least. I'd laugh right along with the clown. Laugh clown, laugh.

But if I were a bald black guy and the clown said "hey you bald n*****!", then I probably wouldn't laugh right along with the clown. I would probably want to climb up in his clear plastic water tower and fuck his ass up. I don't know, maybe I'm just a sensitive guy.

booger
06-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

paper bags and pillow cases :)

RJ
06-23-2010, 10:29 PM

I usually get angry and pay $10 for a bucket of balls, and try to drench his ass in that cool refreshing water in the heat of the afternoon that is making him so disigerent.

If I were a younger man I'd start a band and I'd call it Disigerent Clowns.

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

That was a hyena, sport. Next time don't drink so much before we visit the zoo.

booger
06-23-2010, 10:33 PM
LMAO Ewwww... ok, I'm done playing Booger.

PS Check your rep comments.

i don't get it. i'm banned from the fresh produce isle in half the grocery stores in iowa.:)

KcMizzou
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Snaps wont find it so funny when he makes a racist comment to the wrong dude and gets shanked, or capped.

I mean, a dunking is one thing...

Rain Man
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Like I'm bald, so if the clown said "hey baldie" it wouldn't bother me in the least. I'd laugh right along with the clown. Laugh clown, laugh.

But if I were a bald black guy and the clown said "hey you bald n*****!", then I probably wouldn't laugh right along with the clown. I would probably want to climb up in his clear plastic water tower and **** his ass up. I don't know, maybe I'm just a sensitive guy.

Black on clown crime is a major issue in our society.

Duck Dog
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM

But if I were a bald black guy and the clown said "hey you bald n*****!", then I probably wouldn't laugh right along with the clown. I would probably want to climb up in his clear plastic water tower and **** his ass up. I don't know, maybe I'm just a sensitive guy.

Right, I get there's a line but calling people stupid, fat and ugly isn't it.

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
i don't get it. i'm banned from the fresh produce isle in half the grocery stores in iowa.:)

Checking for firmness doesn't consist of you fingering the produce. Learn it. LMAO

booger
06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Checking for firmness doesn't consist of you fingering the produce. Learn it. LMAO

pretty much the same thing the judge said when i was 15. never has sunk in yet.

Duck Dog
06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I think it's frustrating to people because there's nothing they can do about it. They have absolutely no recourse, no way to exact revenge.

I think you're right. Mr Feilders only recourse is say Bobo was yelling racial slurs. My gut tells me that if Bobo the clown was calling 10 year old black kids the n word, he wouldn't still be around.

RJ
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Black on clown crime is a major issue in our society.

The number of young clown men who die from street violence is appalling. More often than not, cheap handguns like this one are involved.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dn9qs.jpg

RJ
06-23-2010, 10:54 PM

Squeezing gently and sniffing works just as well.

booger
06-23-2010, 10:57 PM
i'm about as confused as i was the time i discovered hustler magazine and scratch and sniff stickers on the same day.

FAX
06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
The good news is Snaps has been fired.
The bad news? They replaced him with Lynchie.
Posted via Mobile Device

About time.

Nothing says "Carnival Joy" to the children more than a clown hanging by his neck from an oak tree.

FAX

FAX
06-23-2010, 11:10 PM
The secret is to cradle the cantaloupe in one hand and, with the other, gently caress its skin in ever-diminishing, concentric circles. It also helps if you softly whisper your true feelings to the melon.

FAX

ClevelandBronco
06-23-2010, 11:12 PM

Okay. I'd never run across that word, so I set out to search for it and googled up a discussion from 2005 on another website. A poster asks whether the word is real and one of the answers refers back to discussions on the Planet between DenverChief, Rain Man and ChiefsFanatic.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=324127

and specifically

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=6332374&postcount=9

So what's the story?

booger
06-23-2010, 11:16 PM
The secret is to cradle the cantaloupe in one hand and, with the other, gently caress its skin in ever-diminishing, concentric circles. It also helps if you softly whisper your true feelings to the melon.

FAX

nice to see there is a fellow produce fondler on cp ROFL

ClevelandBronco
06-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Is this really the origin of the word?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2421381&postcount=70

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 11:25 PM
nice to see there is a fellow produce fondler on cp ROFL

"Fresh Produce Erotica" by Mr. Fax. In stores Christmas 2010.

booger
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM
soon everyone will know how to properly thump mellons!

Rain Man
06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Is this really the origin of the word?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2421381&postcount=70

I can't find the thread, so I think it may have been destroyed in the Great Thread Fire of 2005, but I invented the word as a means to gain fame and fortune and have campaigned relentlessly to get it installed in the dictionary. Your help would be appreciated.

Disigerent = behavior that is both disagreeable and belligerent. Primarily applies to behavior where a person disagrees primarily to be belligerent as opposed to disagreeing on the facts of an issue.

ClevelandBronco
06-23-2010, 11:36 PM
I can't find the thread, so I think it may have been destroyed in the Great Thread Fire of 2005, but I invented the word as a means to gain fame and fortune and have campaigned relentlessly to get it installed in the dictionary. Your help would be appreciated.

Disigerent = behavior that is both disagreeable and belligerent. Primarily applies to behavior where a person disagrees primarily to be belligerent as opposed to disagreeing on the facts of an issue.

You have an evangelist. It's a great word.

Rain Man
06-23-2010, 11:42 PM
You have an evangelist. It's a great word.

Awesome. We've been working on it, and there are several strong proponents, but since we don't yet have a celebrity spokesperson on board it's been slow going.

el borracho
06-23-2010, 11:46 PM

Well, it's gotten more and more difficult to find a bearded lady in the last decade.

T-post Tom
06-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Carneys drink their own pee. No one can ever accuse a carney vendor from being an equal opportunity employer, because you're all slimy, nimwits who would go down on the bearded lady for a half piece of laffy taffy from the midway restroom.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo-chAuvzYk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo-chAuvzYk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Reaper16
06-24-2010, 12:14 AM
SO MUCH SLANDAR U GUYS

FAX
06-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Good God in Heaven.

You didn't invent that word, Mr. Rain Man. I'm ashamed of you ... taking credit for that word, and all.

That word was spontaneously invented on an early September morning by Mr. Baby Lee who (having attempted to ingest, not only the entire quart of Mescal, but the large, pale worm at the bottom as well), struggled to convey the depth of his concern that at certain times of the year in certain parts of Mexico, the local piss ants take the form of Bengal Tigers complete with stripes and enormous, foreboding fangs.

FAX

Iowanian
06-24-2010, 08:20 AM
It's a CP, bRainman original, and I used it on purpose in the proper vernacular. [/IoBrainian]

Okay. I'd never run across that word, so I set out to search for it and googled up a discussion from 2005 on another website. A poster asks whether the word is real and one of the answers refers back to discussions on the Planet between DenverChief, Rain Man and ChiefsFanatic.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=324127

and specifically

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=6332374&postcount=9

So what's the story?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
No person should have to be subjected to stereotyped and dehumanizing comments in order to walk to the Ferris wheel. No adolescent should be publicly scrutinized as looking "fat," "emo," "fairy" (homosexual) or "redneck."

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Fuck it; I love this clown and don't give two fucks who it bothers.

Iowanian
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
I always suspected RaisedinRectums was a carny.

tooge
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM
It's the hard 'r' that will get ya every time.

I'll say it if you wont. RETARD!

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM
I always suspected RaisedinRectums was a carny.

Would you like to borrow my Lynard Skynard carnival mirror to chop a line of crank on?

tooge
06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
soon everyone will know how to properly thump mellons!

thumb?

notorious
06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
People take shit too seriously.

I think it's pretty funny. God forbid that some people should get their feelings hurt.

gblowfish
06-24-2010, 10:23 AM
"Snaps the Racist Clown" would be a great album or band name.

tooge
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm a hot head, and thats my problem. Having said that, i probably would just pass up on the game as my protest and maybe make a comment about being angry cuz he works at the carnival. Now, if he made some remark about my wife or kid, I'm probably enjoying a crappy meal on the county that night.

Iowanian
06-24-2010, 10:41 AM
The guy's entire job is to piss people off for the amusement of others....He's supposed to insult you so you'll get mad and "really show him" by throwing balls at the target.

Simply Red
06-24-2010, 10:58 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2468e9x.gif

tooge
06-24-2010, 11:04 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2468e9x.gif

I'd hit....oh never mind

gblowfish
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
DADDY?
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/horrors-of-porn/clown-porn.php

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
DADDY?
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/horrors-of-porn/clown-porn.php

Wow, George.

Just....wow.

GoHuge
06-24-2010, 01:33 PM
The guy's entire job is to piss people off for the amusement of others....He's supposed to insult you so you'll get mad and "really show him" by throwing balls at the target.Wow any other news professor?

Iowanian
06-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow any other news professor?

you have herpes.

T-post Tom
07-08-2010, 10:48 PM
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9781/clownpartyev2.gif

hazylunarrain
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
U RACIST SUNOVABITCH. UR LUCKY I AINT ROUND UR RACIST CLOWN OR ID BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA U AND ALL UR EMPLOYES.

AMERICAN CNCESSIONS AINT NEVER GUNA GET MY MONEY.

Well, guess this guy has mental issues or something...
At any rate, I AM Mexican, and not particularly prejudiced in any way with the exception of foolish, and mentally unbalanced psycho's such as this guy... Bring it, by the way... Ill help you calm down some. You'll sleep better then if you were on xanax once I show you how tough you are little boy ;)
OH! And perhaps a spell checking program? Firefox has one preinstalled!

Moving on, I am trying to make the point that Snaps has nothing to do with Bobo, and that I would fire, and probably beat on anyone who would say anything this far out of line. Nevertheless, there are MANY people who have dunk tanks that should not, and I would HOPE that the people who are reading here would be more intelligent than this. I don't own AC, but I have been with this company for many years with no problems at all. I have no fear walking down the midway in makeup either before or after a shift.

Point: Don't generalize.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2010, 04:23 PM
At any rate, I AM Mexican, and not particularly prejudiced in any way with the exception of foolish, and mentally unbalanced psycho's such as this guy... Bring it, by the way... Ill help you calm down some. You'll sleep better then if you were on xanax once I show you how tough you are little boy ;)

Moving on, I am trying to make the point that Snaps has nothing to do with Bobo, and that I would fire, and probably beat on anyone who would say anything this far out of line. Nevertheless, there are MANY people who have dunk tanks that should not, and I would HOPE that the people who are reading here would be more intelligent than this. I don't own AC, but I have been with this company for many years with no problems at all. I have no fear walking down the midway in makeup either before or after a shift.

:spock: LMAO

gblowfish
10-05-2010, 04:28 PM
WTF...the "Snaps the Racist Clown" thread re-appears again from August 2009?
Why????

Rausch
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
So NOW people have a problem with clowns?

JUST NOW people are starting to suspect clowns are a bit fucking sideways?...

Gonzo
10-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Wow... Really dude?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM
WTF...the "Snaps the Racist Clown" thread re-appears again from August 2009?
Why???? Carney's don't always have access to the internets

Detoxing
10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I got a theory

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-agl0pOQfs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-agl0pOQfs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I got a theory

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-agl0pOQfs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

I've got a theory too:

Spend $25.00 on your latest vid, did ya'?