PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Marine Vs. Congressman...Round One...Fight...

RINGLEADER
08-22-2009, 04:19 PM
The timid reaction from the Congressman (especially about his "Brownshirts" apology) was particularly moving...along with the Marine correctly noting that the Dems should probably quit telling us we're able to keep our own health care plans like they're doing us some kind of favor...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rRE5UK6NQU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rRE5UK6NQU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Saul Good
08-22-2009, 04:24 PM
If the internet seems slow, that's just the liberals digging up dirt on this guy.

RINGLEADER
08-22-2009, 04:28 PM
If the internet seems slow, that's just the liberals digging up dirt on this guy.

ROFL

Is it just me or do the Dems seem to more and more resemble the Mayor from the movie Jaws?

mlyonsd
08-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Unpatriotic bastard. The nerve.

***SPRAYER
08-22-2009, 05:05 PM

The sad thing is, you're right.

Baby Lee
08-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I never said that, and I apologized too. ROFL

Taco John
08-22-2009, 06:12 PM
That was about the spot I was sitting in for Bare Naked Ladies a couple of years ago.

RINGLEADER
08-22-2009, 06:28 PM

Seriously, what is it with the Dems and this issue.

I never said that, and I apologized too?

Medicare is well-run government health care and we're going to find $500 billion in waste from Medicare?

There's no funding for abortion except those that are legal?

There's no funding for illegal immigrants but we're going to keep paying for their emergency room visits?

It's deficit-neutral (except the CBO says it's not)?

You can keep your plan (I just can't guarantee your employer will still offer it)?

KC Dan
08-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I was sitting in the row in front of that marine and his wife and their baby. The question just prior was a guy quoting from HR3200 about enabling the gov't to counsel families on proper parenting of children. Baird had previously tried to justify the gov't in counseling families as many "never seem to obtain proper child-rearing training".

We were all looking at each other and saying "did he really just say that". Then this guy's number got called immediately after that question. It seemed like some serious luck. It was wonderful karma coming around.

BucEyedPea
08-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I was sitting in the row in front of that marine and his wife and their baby. The question just prior was a guy quoting from HR3200 about enabling the gov't to counsel families on proper parenting of children. Baird had previously tried to justify the gov't in counseling families as many "never seem to obtain proper child-rearing training".

We were all looking at each other and saying "did he really just say that". Then this guy's number got called immediately after that question. It seemed like some serious luck. It was wonderful karma coming around.

That is disgusting. They do that in Sweden already....and the social workers from the state make nosey visits too.

BucEyedPea
08-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow awesome video footage Ringleader. That makes me feel better that if there's a wave of secessions the military will be on the side of the people and against fascists.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Sounds like that Marine is an Oathkeeper, and that makes me feel good about the people of this country. The majority aren't bought and paid for.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

petegz28
08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
"stay away from my kids!!".....awesome

HonestChieffan
08-23-2009, 07:13 AM
He missed the indoctrination classes.

Friendo
08-23-2009, 07:49 AM
wtf? no bows for the audience from David?

HC_Chief
08-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Functionally retarded racist brownshirt

RedNeckRaider
08-23-2009, 10:03 AM
It is alway refreshing to see a man of honor call out one of these shitbags. Oh and (I never said that, and I apologized too.) thats rich!

banyon
08-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Sorry the guy is a veteran, and I appreciate that he can yell loudly, but that doesn't make his Nazi-yelling rant any more productive to a discussion of real issues.

Calling people Nazis won't fix what is wrong with our health care.

Saul Good
08-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Sorry the guy is a veteran, and I appreciate that he can yell loudly, but that doesn't make his Nazi-yelling rant any more productive to a discussion of real issues.

I think you missed the point of his Nazi comments. He was responding to people like him being called brownshirts by the congressman (who both apologized for it and never said it).

banyon
08-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I think you missed the point of his Nazi comments. He was responding to people like him being called brownshirts by the congressman (who both apologized for it and never said it).

I think what he was saying (while being shouted at) was that it wasn't accurate and whatever he did say, he apologized for it.

This is the quote, if I am not mistaken:

“What we're seeing right now is close to Brown Shirt tactics,” Baird said in an interview with the Vancouver, Wash., Columbian on Thursday. “I mean that very seriously."

RedNeckRaider
08-23-2009, 12:07 PM
wtf? no bows for the audience from David?

He should being a man who put his life on the line and was wounded fighting for our country. You are right he deserves to be treated as a hero because he is one. Had he scored a touch down in a game he would get cheers from you :rolleyes:

Fish
08-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I have a lot of respect for what that marine has done for the country. But what good is he really doing by blasting that Congressman? I have no love for politicians, but that Congressman isn't going to barge into that man's home and put his kids through any re-education process. That's ignorant as hell. And let's not act like the US is full of great parents. There are a lot of parents who are absolutely clueless about how to properly raise a child. Those are the people who would receive, and benefit from, a government parenting program. And please quit acting like they're going to strap the kids down Clockwork Orange style and submit them to "The government is good, do what we say" brainwashing. Seriously. The government can help some parents do a better job, and it has nothing to do with indoctrination. Sometimes it's as simple as applying common sense, which some parents really lack. There have been programs like this in place for a long long time.

There are a lot of things we should be critical of the government for. But accusing them of being Nazis and wanting to brainwash our children isn't productive in the slightest. That marine is going to be ignored by the Congressman now due to his brash attacking approach. And the gap of communication between government officials and their constituents widens further because people can't voice their opinions without going to angry illogical extremes.

RedNeckRaider
08-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I have a lot of respect for what that marine has done for the country. But what good is he really doing by blasting that Congressman? I have no love for politicians, but that Congressman isn't going to barge into that man's home and put his kids through any re-education process. That's ignorant as hell. And let's not act like the US is full of great parents. There are a lot of parents who are absolutely clueless about how to properly raise a child. Those are the people who would receive, and benefit from, a government parenting program. And please quit acting like they're going to strap the kids down Clockwork Orange style and submit them to "The government is good, do what we say" brainwashing. Seriously. The government can help some parents do a better job, and it has nothing to do with indoctrination. Sometimes it's as simple as applying common sense, which some parents really lack. There have been programs like this in place for a long long time.

There are a lot of things we should be critical of the government for. But accusing them of being Nazis and wanting to brainwash our children isn't productive in the slightest. That marine is going to be ignored by the Congressman now due to his brash attacking approach. And the gap of communication between government officials and their constituents widens further because people can't voice their opinions without going to angry illogical extremes.

Those shitbags do not give a damn about him, me or you, and anything said in these meetings will not have a affect on that one way or another. He pointed out that Hitler made very similar moves that the left are making right now. Do I think they are Nazis no. But please do not act as if batty Nancy and her leftwing cohorts making the statements they have is not just as full of shit. As I have said before both parties make me sick and I stand in the middle arms extended giving both sides the finger. I will say this the actions being made by Obama and crew have me very worried

Fish
08-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Those shitbags do not give a damn about him, me or you, and anything said in these meetings will not have a affect on that one way or another. He pointed out that Hitler made very similar moves that the left are making right now. Do I think they are Nazis no. But please do not act as if batty Nancy and her leftwing cohorts making the statements they have is not just as full of shit. As I have said before both parties make me sick and I stand in the middle arms extended giving both sides the finger. I will say this the actions being made by Obama and crew have me very worried

Ohh I totally agree that those shitbags don't care about us. But that's the point. Why would the government want to raise our kids for us? It's silly to think they would want to.

And I'm not looking at this as Rep vs. Dem. This is affecting everyone regardless of affiliation. Both sides have plenty of blame to share.

But getting angry and yelling at every politician isn't going to fix anything. We have to be intelligent about how we motivate these shitbags in Congress. I'd love to see them all fired. But that's not going to happen. So we've got to find solutions other than anger.

listopencil
08-23-2009, 01:09 PM

Perfect, I wish I could rep you several times for this.

RINGLEADER
08-23-2009, 01:11 PM

ROFL

The Congressman was the one who started by calling people who have the nerve to oppose Obamacare "Brown Shirts"...

alanm
08-23-2009, 01:11 PM

There are a lot of things we should be critical of the government for. But accusing them of being Nazis and wanting to brainwash our children isn't productive in the slightest. That marine is going to be ignored by the Congressman now due to his brash attacking approach. And the gap of communication between government officials and their constituents widens further because people can't voice their opinions without going to angry illogical extremes.The gap is widening because the politicians refuse to listen.
And if they refuse and pass the healthcare and cap and tax despite what their constituents want there will be hell to pay.
Then it's going to get really ugly.

RINGLEADER
08-23-2009, 01:17 PM
The gap is widening because the politician refuse to listen.

And if they refuse and pass the healthcare and cap and tax despite what their constituents want there will be hell to pay.

Then it's going to get really ugly.

The politicians, especially those on the left, have convinced themselves that the resistence to Obamacare (and any other liberal program) is coming from the far-right. They don't believe it has real traction despite the fact that Obamacare has lost considerable support in just the last six weeks and Obama himself has seen a net 40-point drop in his favorable/unfavorable rating.

If the Dems ram this through as they're now considering you're going to see a bad situation get much worse.

petegz28
08-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Ohh I totally agree that those shitbags don't care about us. But that's the point. Why would the government want to raise our kids for us? It's silly to think they would want to.

And I'm not looking at this as Rep vs. Dem. This is affecting everyone regardless of affiliation. Both sides have plenty of blame to share.

But getting angry and yelling at every politician isn't going to fix anything. We have to be intelligent about how we motivate these shitbags in Congress. I'd love to see them all fired. But that's not going to happen. So we've got to find solutions other than anger.

You are confusing the desire to raise our kids for the good of the kids with the desire to raise our kids for the sake of having the power to tell people how to raise their kids.

And just to remind you, our country gained its independence by yelling and most cases fighting the "politicians". Unfortunately that is usually what it takes to get a message across.

Taco John
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I have a lot of respect for what that marine has done for the country. But what good is he really doing by blasting that Congressman? I have no love for politicians, but that Congressman isn't going to barge into that man's home and put his kids through any re-education process. That's ignorant as hell. And let's not act like the US is full of great parents. There are a lot of parents who are absolutely clueless about how to properly raise a child. Those are the people who would receive, and benefit from,
a government parenting program. And please quit acting like they're going to strap the kids down Clockwork Orange style and submit them to "The government is good, do what we say" brainwashing. Seriously. The government can help some parents do a better job, and it has nothing to do with indoctrination. Sometimes it's as simple as applying common sense, which some parents really lack. There have been programs like this in place for a long long time.

I just threw up in my mouth a little at the thought of being taxed to provide government parenting programs - let alone thoughts around the horrible advice that would come out of these programs.

Brock
08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
There already are government parenting assistance programs. Head Start and Child start have been around for a decade or more.

banyon
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
There already are government parenting assistance programs. Head Start and Child start have been around for a decade or more.

No! Don't indoctrinate my kid!

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Fascism is a right-wing ideology, not a leftist one, despite their name. If you're going to give history lessons, better make sure they're correct.

It's obvious he thinks being a former Marine means you have more authority in your political opinions. My brother is in the Air Force, but I'd never let him have the last word in any kind of debate with me, especially about politics.

Also, the offense in being called a Brownshirt is a bit dampened when you call the opponent someone likely to have a swastika on their sleeve.

petegz28
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Fascism is a right-wing ideology, not a leftist one, despite their name. If you're going to give history lessons, better make sure they're correct.

It's obvious he thinks being a former Marine means you have more authority in your political opinions. My brother is in the Air Force, but I'd never let him have the last word in any kind of debate with me, especially about politics.

Also, the offense in being called a Brownshirt is a bit dampened when you call the opponent someone likely to have a swastika on their sleeve.

Yea, you are so worthy of the last word. This guy and your brother signed their name on the dotted line to give their life so you can tell them how full of shit they are. You're a class act.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Yea, you are so worthy of the last word. This guy and your brother signed their name on the dotted line to give their life so you can tell them how full of shit they are. You're a class act.

My brother didn't sign his name on the dotted line to give his life so I can tell him how full of shit he is.

My brother signed his name on the dotted line because (not in any particular order): 1.) he thought it'd be a good experience 2.) great benefits and $20,000+ salary and 3.) he didn't want to sit in a classroom next year.

Who deserves the last word is whomever applies the finer reasoning. Apparently, you think military generals should run everything and the rest of us should sit in shame at our lack of patriotism.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Fascism is only right wing if you use the outdated spectrum the left relies on from the French Revolution which has as much relevance as bringing back white wigs. It has no position for anarchy.

It's BIG govt, so it's placed on the left with no govt on the right. The center is the balance. This spectrum illustrates what our Founders discussed. How much govt is necessary and still preserve liberty. You pretty much believe in close to total govt just not total. There is no such thing as a right wing fascism or even dictatorship. All BIG govt is on the left side of the center somewhere.

Fascism is left wing.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Fascism is only right wing if you use the outdated spectrum the left relies on from the French Revolution which has as much relevance as bringing back white wigs. It has no position for anarchy.

It's BIG govt, so it's placed on the left with no govt on the right. The center is the balance. This spectrum illustrates what our Founders discussed. How much govt is necessary and still preserve liberty. You pretty much believe in close to total govt just not total.

Fascism is left wing.

I already know what Glenn Beck thinks, and he's wrong too.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Also unconstitutional. Does HS and CS tell the parents how to raise their kids or just help out kids to get ahead academically. Do social workers make unannounced visits to homes?

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I already know what Glenn Beck thinks, and he's wrong too.

I didn't get that from Glenn Beck at all. It makes sense when you look at it too.

Let me ask you, where would you place anarchy if there is right wing fascism and left wing total govt on each end?

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Also unconstitutional. Does HS and CS tell the parents how to raise their kids or just help out kids to get ahead academically. Do social workers make unannounced visits to homes?

They eat kids. Tell your friends.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 07:21 PM
They eat kids. Tell your friends.

So you got nuthin'?

banyon
08-23-2009, 07:30 PM

Social workers visiting homes is a state function. Head Start is an educational and low income assistance program. Get a grip.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:31 PM
I didn't get that from Glenn Beck at all. It makes sense when you look at it too.

Let me ask you, where would you place anarchy if there is right wing fascism and left wing total govt on each end?

I'd put anarchy on the left, if I had to. I usually try not to let charts made up by some guy do my thinking for me.

You're really dependent on charts made up by some guy. Historically, though, most anarchists are in the socialist camp. Godwin, Mao, Bakunin, Kropotkin, Day, etc.

They tend to be the same people that talk about a revolution that finally destroys the state led capitalist stronghold over the workers. Sounds pretty left to me, no?

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:32 PM
So you got nuthin'?

Does eating children sound constitutional? I don't see it in the Constitution. Must be unconstitutional.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I'd put anarchy on the left, if I had to.
LMAO No govt with the BIG or TOTAL govt guys?
That's illogical and stems from pure fantasy. It doesn't even illustrate your point.

I usually try not to let charts made up by some guy do my thinking for me.
That's why you use the left-wing spectrum from the French Revolution right?

You're really dependent on charts made up by some guy. Historically, though, most anarchists are in the socialist camp. Godwin, Mao, Bakunin, Kropotkin, Day, etc.
You're off base. It doesn't matter what you use to illustrate any given point so long as it makes the point. I go by the Founder's arguments and aims because that's what this country is based on. Get it now?

They tend to be the same people that talk about a revolution that finally destroys the state led capitalist stronghold over the workers. Sounds pretty left to me, no?
Duh! Gobblygook is better than learning from others I guess.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Does eating children sound constitutional? I don't see it in the Constitution. Must be unconstitutional.

If it's not in the Constitution then the Federal govt has no authority to act in it...that's left to the states or the people. Get it now?

It's called liberty Jenson.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:45 PM
LMAO No govt with the BIG or TOTAL govt guys?
That's illogical and stems from pure fantasy. It doesn't even illustrate your point.

It's not illogical. BucEyedPea, shut up for fifteen seconds before you start responding and think. And then post a reply that is worth me reading and responding to.

Socialism is a left wing concept. Most strings of anarchism are in the socialist camp, meaning they are more left wing. I'm not saying Mao and Stalin are close to anarchy. Obviously, they're not. You need to sort out what I'm saying, sleep on it for two or three days, and write about it in a notebook safely where I can't see it, so your thoughts don't have to irritate me so much.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 07:46 PM
If it's not in the Constitution then the Federal govt has no authority to act in it...that's left to the states or the people. Get it now?

Not really.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 07:50 PM
It's not illogical. BucEyedPea, shut up for fifteen seconds before you start responding and think. And then post a reply that is worth me reading and responding to.
I don't have to do that...some things are just too obvious. It's completely ridiculous to put anarchy with the totalitarians.

Socialism is a left wing concept. Most strings of anarchism are in the socialist camp, meaning they are more left wing. I'm not saying Mao and Stalin are close to anarchy. Obviously, they're not. You need to sort out what I'm saying, sleep on it for two or three days, and write about it in a notebook safely where I can't see it, so your thoughts don't have to irritate me so much.

Nah, no. The reason anarchy seems to be on the left is because anarchy can be used by commies in order to create chaos to take power. The other reason is because when there is an anarchy ( using the linear spectrum I use which is also used by those who support federalism) the void usually pulls in a thug or dictator to put in order. So the linear scale can bend into a bow or a circle. That's what happened in the French Revolution when they got Bonaparte. Same reason commies use it, to creat a confusion and vacuum to take power and implement thier own version of total govt or dictatorship. This is why today's left is taking advantage of the financial crisis which is just another recession for gawd's sake.

I'm surprised you haven't learned that yet as a history major since it's pretty basic. I think you're the one who needs to listen. But I forgot you're against education and learning from others because it's not your own idea. I get it now.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't have to do that...some things are just too obvious. It's completely ridiculous to put anarchy with the totalitarians.

You didn't think, did you? I'm obviously not putting anarchists with totalitarians. I never said that. Those are mutually exclusive. I'm saying anarchism is more often a more left wing ideology.

I don't know how to make that more clear. If you still don't understand, you're just shit out of luck. The rest of what you wrote is garbage musings that make little sense in their proper philosophical and historical context. Can I just distract you with a ball of string or something rather than try responding to it?

KC Dan
08-23-2009, 08:28 PM
ROFL

The Congressman was the one who started by calling people who have the nerve to oppose Obamacare "Brown Shirts"...Stop confusing us with the facts. They know better than us, otherwise - why would we elect them?/?

googlegoogle
08-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Yes it can. It shows unity against big government.

googlegoogle
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
No! Don't indoctrinate my kid!

Hope you know government education costs are skyrocketing just like health care.

Maybe we should let the government take over......doh!

banyon
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Yes it can. It shows unity against big government.

No it doesn't. These same Republicans staging these things are going to turn write around and pass another bill that involves big government but is more acceptable to insurance lobbyists.

googlegoogle
08-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Obama healthcare = Great Society Welfare II, MedicareII.

googlegoogle
08-23-2009, 08:59 PM
No it doesn't. These same Republicans staging these things are going to turn write around and pass another bill that involves big government but is more acceptable to insurance lobbyists.

You asked what the point of his speech was. It had amazing points in it and it was heartfelt.

You wouldn't understand since you have KARL MARX posters all over your subsidized housing.

googlegoogle
08-23-2009, 09:02 PM

Jensons a huge idiot. He neg rep'd me for the 'Illegal Mexicans and our bankrupt hospitals in the south' thread.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 09:05 PM
You asked what the point of his speech was. It had amazing points in it and it was heartfelt.

You wouldn't understand since you have KARL MARX posters all over your subsidized housing.

But he's not a socialist!!!

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 09:06 PM
You didn't think, did you? I'm obviously not putting anarchists with totalitarians. I never said that. Those are mutually exclusive. I'm saying anarchism is more often a more left wing ideology.

I don't know how to make that more clear. If you still don't understand, you're just shit out of luck. The rest of what you wrote is garbage musings that make little sense in their proper philosophical and historical context. Can I just distract you with a ball of string or something rather than try responding to it?

So you got nuthin' again. I understand such reactions. ;)

petegz28
08-23-2009, 09:08 PM
My brother didn't sign his name on the dotted line to give his life so I can tell him how full of shit he is.

My brother signed his name on the dotted line because (not in any particular order): 1.) he thought it'd be a good experience 2.) great benefits and $20,000+ salary and 3.) he didn't want to sit in a classroom next year.

Who deserves the last word is whomever applies the finer reasoning. Apparently, you think military generals should run everything and the rest of us should sit in shame at our lack of patriotism.

Whether you want to aknowlege it or not...your brother signed on the line to give his life for this country. Whether that was his primary intent or not is irrelevant. I am not saying one side deserves the final word over the other. That was you. And you should be more respectful of those who join the military.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Whether you want to aknowlege it or not...your brother signed on the line to give his life for this country. Whether that was his primary intent or not is irrelevant. I am not saying one side deserves the final word over the other. That was you. And you should be more respectful of those who join the military.

His brother apparently joined out of entitlement mentality too. Must be something in the family. :)

banyon
08-23-2009, 09:12 PM

Okay, i'll expect the same guy to be there yelling when the next insurance industry-friendly bill rolls through then.

what an idiotic comment about Marx posters. I guess when you are limited in your argument skills, turn to insults or racist slurs.

petegz28
08-23-2009, 09:15 PM
His brother apparently joined out of entitlement mentality too. Must be something in the family. :)

I have no quams with why his brother joined. Those are reasons most join. It's better than what my brother did; went to college for computer science and came out with a degree in philosphy and antrhopology and is now a modern day hippie who thinks the Fed Gov should give him everything that hard working individuals have.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I have no quams with why his brother joined. Those are reasons most join. It's better than what my brother did; went to college for computer science and came out with a degree in philosphy and antrhopology and is now a modern day hippie who thinks the Fed Gov should give him everything that hard working individuals have.

Oh my! Sounds almost like my friend who majored in Folklore. Only her popo is a wealthy industrialist who she leeches off of instead.

petegz28
08-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh my! Sounds almost like my friend who majored in Folklore. Only her popo is a wealthy industrialist who she leeches off of instead.

My brother did the same. Leeched off the parents but they finally cut him off. Now he is living in the basement at his friends' mom's house. His friend sleeps in his childhood bedroom, btw.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 09:21 PM
There's one in every family pete. My sister was like that with parents raising her kid even. But she actually got it together FINALLY much more by age 35.

petegz28
08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
There's one in every family pete. My sister was like that with parents raising her kid even. But she actually got it together FINALLY much more by age 35.

I think my brother is slowly but surley figuring it out. The thing is, the kid is fucking smart. I mean REAL smart. Too smart for his own good.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2009, 09:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YHREW23NCU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YHREW23NCU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 11:08 PM

Shut up, pete. I have plenty of inherent respect for those who join the military. They have as much inherent respect from me as the men and women who get up every day and go to work as a nurse or carpenter or mailman, and on top of that I admire their discipline, courage, and work ethic. I've had plenty of family members join the military, including both grandparents serving in WWII, an uncle by marriage in Vietnam, a close great uncle in Korea, an aunt and uncle in the Air Force (one made it into her career), a father in the Navy, and now my brother in the Air Force. You telling me I need to be more respectful of those who join the military is like BucEyedPea telling me I'm a bad Catholic. It's stupid, ridiculous, and is not based on any sense of reality.

Yeah, one side does deserve the final word -- and that's the person who has the better idea, it doesn't matter if they avoided the draft or had a leg blown off in combat. Your little show of self-righteous patriotism is more of your usual bullshit.

One thing is certain - that marine doesn't need your Watchdog Miss Manners speech about loving the troops. So just pipe the **** down.

Forgot to mention that I read VFW every month, too.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 11:10 PM

That makes as much sense as your usual bullshit.

macdawg
08-24-2009, 12:44 AM
on a political note I agree with the marine, but I couldn't help but notice he referred to himself as a 'disabled' veteran.

He appeared to walk, talk, and function perfectly to me, can anyone explain to me exactly how he is disabled?

KC Dan
08-24-2009, 12:52 AM
on a political note I agree with the marine, but I couldn't help but notice he referred to himself as a 'disabled' veteran.

He appeared to walk, talk, and function perfectly to me, can anyone explain to me exactly how he is disabled?He told the wife and I that he has PTSD and other injuries and I didn't press him for details. I just thanked him for his service and his from the heart words.

macdawg
08-24-2009, 01:32 AM
cool works for me

crazycoffey
08-24-2009, 02:10 AM

I thought the same thing, jeez what political BS....

crazycoffey
08-24-2009, 02:11 AM
you know, more and more, anything political - no matter the side - just reminds me of an 18 year old male trying to get laid on Prom Night. Say anything to get what they want......

googlegoogle
08-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Not really.

:LOL:

sums up every dumb stupid pos socialist reply.

BucEyedPea
08-24-2009, 08:00 AM
That makes as much sense as your usual bullshit.

Don't project too often. It's not healthy. LMAO

petegz28
08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Shut up, pete. I have plenty of inherent respect for those who join the military. They have as much inherent respect from me as the men and women who get up every day and go to work as a nurse or carpenter or mailman, and on top of that I admire their discipline, courage, and work ethic. I've had plenty of family members join the military, including both grandparents serving in WWII, an uncle by marriage in Vietnam, a close great uncle in Korea, an aunt and uncle in the Air Force (one made it into her career), a father in the Navy, and now my brother in the Air Force. You telling me I need to be more respectful of those who join the military is like BucEyedPea telling me I'm a bad Catholic. It's stupid, ridiculous, and is not based on any sense of reality.

Yeah, one side does deserve the final word -- and that's the person who has the better idea, it doesn't matter if they avoided the draft or had a leg blown off in combat. Your little show of self-righteous patriotism is more of your usual bullshit.

One thing is certain - that marine doesn't need your Watchdog Miss Manners speech about loving the troops. So just pipe the **** down.

Forgot to mention that I read VFW every month, too.

Perhaps then you should not spout off your bullshit??

BucEyedPea
08-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Yup! He's the pot accusing the kettle.

RINGLEADER
08-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Okay, i'll expect the same guy to be there yelling when the next insurance industry-friendly bill rolls through then.

what an idiotic comment about Marx posters. I guess when you are limited in your argument skills, turn to insults or racist slurs.

You (and the Obama admin) are fighting a losing cause on the anti-insurance company front. The vast majority of people are fine with their insurance. And the vast majority of people trust a company operating to achieve a profit over a government that has no such obligation.

vailpass
08-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I took a job as a life guard but I never intended to get wet.

Jenson71
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM

There's no easy and polite way to deal with you, pete. You are a loser.

tooge
08-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Is it just me, or when you guys are watching these town hall videos, are you really hoping, deep down, that the mob rushes the stage and lynches the congressman?

petegz28
08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
There's no easy and polite way to deal with you, pete. You are a loser.

Am I? Am I a loser, Jenson? Funny, I am not the one screaming for the Fed Gov to take care of me and everyone else, like you do. I take care of myself, being such the loser that I am.

I'd rather be a loser than a dead beat looking for a free hand out, such as you.

Taco John
08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Is it just me, or when you guys are watching these town hall videos, are you really hoping, deep down, that the mob rushes the stage and lynches the congressman?

Close.

http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/51036109/Coal_Tar.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1377/1056172205_d9ee71db4e.jpg

mlyonsd
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
You (and the Obama admin) are fighting a losing cause on the anti-insurance company front. The vast majority of people are fine with their insurance. And the vast majority of people trust a company operating to achieve a profit over a government that has no such obligation.
Same with pharmaceutical companies. I hope they make huge profits. With the risks they take we'd never get new drugs if the companies themselves weren't hugely successful.

KC Dan
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Is it just me, or when you guys are watching these town hall videos, are you really hoping, deep down, that the mob rushes the stage and lynches the congressman?Not me, I never want them to end. As I told Baird, these things are comedy gold! I miss Seinfeld and Cheers and our reps have filled the void this summer.

headsnap
08-24-2009, 04:37 PM

yup, it's just you and tons of other libs that just don't get it...

Baby Lee
08-24-2009, 05:02 PM

How the fuck is signing up to potentially face combat in defense of your country an entitlement mentality?

If you think you have a right to something regardless of merit or effort, that's entitlement. If you exchange your autonomy and the sweat of your brow for something, that's trade.

You have a serious case of conclusions driving analysis going on here.

BucEyedPea
08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
How the **** is signing up to potentially face combat in defense of your country an entitlement mentality?

If you think you have a right to something regardless of merit or effort, that's entitlement. If you exchange your autonomy and the sweat of your brow for something, that's trade.

You have a serious case of conclusions driving analysis going on here.

No, you missed too many posts between Jenson and I to really get the point. It was what he stated earlier about his brother's motives and what pete said. So get a clue or shat up!

Jenson71
08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Am I? Am I a loser, Jenson? Funny, I am not the one screaming for the Fed Gov to take care of me and everyone else, like you do. I take care of myself, being such the loser that I am.

I'd rather be a loser than a dead beat looking for a free hand out, such as you.

What free hand out am I looking for?

You're not a loser because of your work ethic or because you're a Republican, you're a loser because you lose your arguments. You lose respect from anyone who ever wanted to talk to you rationally.

Don't ever again give me an phony etiquette lecture about respecting the troops.

Jenson71
08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
No, you missed too many posts between Jenson and I to really get the point. It was what he stated earlier and what pete said. So get a clue or shat up!

I've read all our posts between you and me. There was no point to what you said. There was just stupidity.

petegz28
08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
What free hand out am I looking for?

You're not a loser because of your work ethic or because you're a Republican, you're a loser because you lose your arguments. You lose respect from anyone who ever wanted to talk to you rationally.

Don't ever again give me an phony etiquette lecture about respecting the troops.

A) I'm not a Republican......haven't been for years now
B) There was nothing phony about my lecture
C) Your opinion on whehter or not I "win or lose" arguments is irrelevant to me

petegz28
08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I've read all our posts between you and me. There was no point to what you said. There was just stupidity.

Sure there was a poitn to what she said...a smart kid like you surely should be able to "get it".

Saul Good
08-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Care to bet that a list of Pete's accomplishments in life juxtaposed against a list of yours wouldn't be comically weighted in Pete's favor?

Jenson71
08-24-2009, 09:37 PM
A) I'm not a Republican......haven't been for years now
B) There was nothing phony about my lecture
C) Your opinion on whehter or not I "win or lose" arguments is irrelevant to me

1. This is Chiefsplanet DC. It doesn't matter if you really are or are not one, it matters that we can call you one.
2. I hope you've learned something from this.
3. Of course. It's not an opinion. It can be objectively shown. You suck at arguing. You turn into a little sniveling weasel.

Jenson71
08-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Sure there was a poitn to what she said...a smart kid like you surely should be able to "get it".

No, there wasn't. There was no point. Say that slowly five times and go to bed.

Jenson71
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Care to bet that a list of Pete's accomplishments in life juxtaposed against a list of yours wouldn't be comically weighted in Pete's favor?

I would take that bet. I'm not sure who defines the worth of accomplishments, but yeah -- even taking the years difference between us, I'd take that bet in a heartbeat.

stevieray
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
ROFL

today, my mommy bought me new underwear.

petegz28
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
1. This is Chiefsplanet DC. It doesn't matter if you really are or are not one, it matters that we can call you one.
2. I hope you've learned something from this.
3. Of course. It's not an opinion. It can be objectively shown. You suck at arguing. You turn into a little sniveling weasel.

All I have learned is you are an arrogant, disrespectful punk.

Jenson71
08-24-2009, 09:49 PM
ROFL

today, my mommy bought me new underwear.

That was clever!

Food or underwear, stevie? Or should I wait to quote you until you come up with something good?

Stevieray, you play dress up for an NFL team and draw their pictures. I did that in 3rd grade. I was also going to play WR for the Chiefs too when I grew up.

Your chiefsplanet's own Jack. Your theology is childish and the overall way you act around the DC forum is childish.

I eagerly await the :nosmilie:

stevieray
08-25-2009, 12:07 AM
That was clever!

Food or underwear, stevie? Or should I wait to quote you until you come up with something good?

Stevieray, you play dress up for an NFL team and draw their pictures. I did that in 3rd grade. I was also going to play WR for the Chiefs too when I grew up.

Your chiefsplanet's own Jack. Your theology is childish and the overall way you act around the DC forum is childish.

I eagerly await the :nosmilie:

goodness what a giant pussy you've become.

whatsamatter, jenson? did the truth hurt? did you have to sit around and come up with something several minutes later that you thought would have cowbell?
...and all you could come up was something that I do maybe ten times a year to have fun? It's unfortunate that something that has nothing to do with you, intimidates you so much, but that's your problem not mine...maybe someone can help..get a hug from your dad.

I've been getting paid to 'draw pictures' for fitteen years..you? Ever supported a family? or are you being supported..like a child?

and childish? you mean like your insult ridden multi poster feuds that represents 99% of your time here now? cutting people down while simultaneously preaching about how works gets you into heaven?

don't bother, we both know the answers.

BucEyedPea
08-25-2009, 04:29 AM

Of course to you that would be the case. Yet you're the one who made your own brother look like a mercenary soldier only instead of considering it a duty and honor to serve his country by risking his life. So don't blame me for that remark!

BucEyedPea
08-25-2009, 04:40 AM
SYou telling me I need to be more respectful of those who join the military is like BucEyedPea telling me I'm a bad Catholic.

I never said that to you. I said, certain specific ideas that you posted, were violations of the Ten Commandments. That's not the same as saying you're a "bad" Catholic. You have a blind spot on that part of your own moral code. That you think it means your "bad" in general as a Catholic is your own guilty conscience. You're being selective here when I've said I think you're a good kid before too. Now don't go and "bear false witness" too now.

Guru
08-25-2009, 04:43 AM
Why is it all of these videos cut off as soon as the citizen is done speaking. Just once, I would like to hear the congresspersons response.

Jenson71
08-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Don't tell me what to bother with, stevieray, at a post directed to me filled with your questions.

goodness what a giant pussy you've become.

whatsamatter, jenson? did the truth hurt? did you have to sit around and come up with something several minutes later that you thought would have cowbell?
...and all you could come up was something that I do maybe ten times a year to have fun? It's unfortunate that something that has nothing to do with you, intimidates you so much, but that's your problem not mine...maybe someone can help..get a hug from your dad.

How the fuck would that intimidate me? I find your dress up as intimidating as Bozo the Clown. Did the truth hurt? No, absolutely not. Just expect a retaliation or defense for when you say stupid shit to me, Professor.

I've been getting paid to 'draw pictures' for fitteen years..you? Ever supported a family? or are you being supported..like a child?

and childish? you mean like your insult ridden multi poster feuds that represents 99% of your time here now? cutting people down while simultaneously preaching about how works gets you into heaven?

don't bother, we both know the answers.

No, I haven't been paid for 15 years for drawing pictures of professional football players. Thank God. If I had the talent you had, I'd use it on painting images and ideas that matter in life. A corporation ran by people who have more love of money than of sport is not worth my time and talents rather than the 3 hours of watching them on Sunday for enjoyment of the sport and less than an hour total a week spending time reading about the team and the corporate conglomeration that is the National Football League.

People can get paid a lot for doing ridiculous things. I don't see how what you do is any type of accomplishment or thing to be proud of.

99% of my time here deals with controversy, it deals with issues currently happening in our lives that matters. Things get heated, collateral damage happens, and people get frustrated. Especially when they encounter some of the people here. I don't attack while the people I engage with sit back and take it like a defenseless child. It goes both ways. This is an American tradition. Tocqueville noted how Americans love to yell when dealing with politics. I'll own that statement at times -- I'm proud to be an American. I have the freedom to talk about these issues and get heated sometimes. But I usually always stress reason and logic in my arguments at the same time.

99% of your time here you are doling out your irrelevant posts filled with your pop psychology like BucEyedPea after she discovered the word 'projecting' or neg repping people you don't like and calling them assholes or writing down a lyric to a classic rock song. And a great deal of your time with me is in responding with :nosmilie: after I've said something that you can't honestly refute or don't wish to spend the time and effort in doing so.

Cutting people's ideas down and doing good works are not mutually exclusive doings. More of your childish theology, along the lines of "It's a sin to say fuck."

Am I being supported like a child? My college years have spent both time and away from home. I have lived on campus, I have lived with my grandpa and taken care of him, and I have lived in another state. This isn't unusual with college prices high, no financial support except loans and a job to help me pay for it, and my college so close to my hometown. Do I feel like a loser? Absolutely not. My parents did a fine job raising me; they are fine parents.

stevieray
08-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Don't tell me what to bother with, stevieray, at a post directed to me filled with your questions.

How the **** would that intimidate me? I find your dress up as intimidating as Bozo the Clown. Did the truth hurt? No, absolutely not. Just expect a retaliation or defense for when you say stupid shit to me, Professor.

No, I haven't been paid for 15 years for drawing pictures of professional football players. Thank God. If I had the talent you had, I'd use it on painting images and ideas that matter in life. A corporation ran by people who have more love of money than of sport is not worth my time and talents rather than the 3 hours of watching them on Sunday for enjoyment of the sport and less than an hour total a week spending time reading about the team and the corporate conglomeration that is the National Football League.

People can get paid a lot for doing ridiculous things. I don't see how what you do is any type of accomplishment or thing to be proud of.

99% of my time here deals with controversy, it deals with issues currently happening in our lives that matters. Things get heated, collateral damage happens, and people get frustrated. Especially when they encounter some of the people here. I don't attack while the people I engage with sit back and take it like a defenseless child. It goes both ways. This is an American tradition. Tocqueville noted how Americans love to yell when dealing with politics. I'll own that statement at times -- I'm proud to be an American. I have the freedom to talk about these issues and get heated sometimes. But I usually always stress reason and logic in my arguments at the same time.

99% of your time here you are doling out your irrelevant posts filled with your pop psychology like BucEyedPea after she discovered the word 'projecting' or neg repping people you don't like and calling them assholes or writing down a lyric to a classic rock song. And a great deal of your time with me is in responding with :nosmilie: after I've said something that you can't honestly refute or don't wish to spend the time and effort in doing so.

Cutting people's ideas down and doing good works are not mutually exclusive doings. More of your childish theology, along the lines of "It's a sin to say ****."

Am I being supported like a child? My college years have spent both time and away from home. I have lived on campus, I have lived with my grandpa and taken care of him, and I have lived in another state. This isn't unusual with college prices high, no financial support except loans and a job to help me pay for it, and my college so close to my hometown. Do I feel like a loser? Absolutely not. My parents did a fine job raising me; they are fine parents.

hilarious...this is all you've got? so desperate, running around flailing your arms like you think you've accomplished something? retaliation? oooh boy, you sure showed me with your lame ass Elvis smack for pointing out someone still provides for you...which is what? fact or fiction?

do you even realize how incredibly naive you are when it comes to my career? I traveled across this country painting murals. how stupid do you have to be to think i've only painted chiefs players for a decade and a half.... You want to know how many paintings of players I've painted for myself? ZERO. Not one. The only time I've painted players is when I've been COMISSIONED to do so by clients...maybe I should've turned the work down , because it represents that horrible, evil conglomerate that is the Chiefs or the money it brought in was too tainted to support my family ...how dare I take money on something so trivial.....ROFL

oh wait, I painted two paintings of Joe Delaney where the proceeds went to charity, and one painting was purchased by a former teammate who took it back to Joe's school to display...but hey keep trying to downplay it, after all, according to you how can I be I be proud of using a gift to provide for others...what a dull blade you are..can't cut...only tear.

reason and logic? BS...stop being a pussy and deflecting that you are shutting down ideas..they are inanimate..ideas don't get called loser, or snivlelng weasel in a transparent (and nothing new) "I'm in college and my elitist professor made me elite and enlightened too BS mantra.

childish theology? look no further than your own theological dogma. there are plenty of ways too slice and dice and the Catholic religion to shreds, but I won't do that..the truth does that for me....keep thinking good works will get you into heaven...talk about making yourself the idol...good luck with that one..look what I did Lord! it's all about me!!!!!!!!l (your redemption and grace doesn't come from you, it's something given to you,)

loser? who said that? YOU did...I think it's safe to say when you haven't supported a family, let alone yourself, you don't really have any credibility going after another man's line of work, lest it be illegal or at the expense of others.

I'm sure your parents are fine people, that however, is irrelevant...the choices you make here are now your own...they can't be held accountable.

I chose previously not to respond to you because simply..you're an asshole. it's like casting to swine...there was nothing to refute,... no big deal... it happens here all the time....people choose to simply not get into with certain people, because it's a waste of time. and you just couldn't take that.,,time and time again you needed a reaction so bad it was almost to the point of pathetic,..and then only to lash out even when you couldn't provoke a response....so knock yourself out, it deosn't mean shit in the grand scheme of life..you know, where people don't hide their ID behind a computer screen....pretty sad you can't or refuse to realize that.

crazycoffey
08-26-2009, 03:47 AM
you know, more and more, anything political - no matter the side - just reminds me of an 18 year old male trying to get laid on Prom Night. Say anything to get what they want......

good post

Guru
08-26-2009, 04:12 AM
good postAre you saying you could be a politician too?:D

Jenson71
08-26-2009, 07:26 AM
I chose previously not to respond to you because simply..you're an asshole. it's like casting to swine...there was nothing to refute,... no big deal... it happens here all the time....people choose to simply not get into with certain people, because it's a waste of time. and you just couldn't take that.,,time and time again you needed a reaction so bad it was almost to the point of pathetic,..and then only to lash out even when you couldn't provoke a response....so knock yourself out, it deosn't mean shit in the grand scheme of life..you know, where people don't hide their ID behind a computer screen....pretty sad you can't or refuse to realize that.

Of all the irony in your reply, this stands out the most. Now you did respond to me...am I no longer an asshole? Is it no longer like casting to swine? Is there something to refute? Is it a big deal? Are you simply not getting into with certain people, because it's a waste of time? I was the one who just couldn't take not responding?

It's time to end the facade that you're better than me, for whatever reasons you have made up in your mind. I'm the naive one for thinking you only draw Chiefs pictures (I never said that; it would be similar to accusing me of saying you dress up as Elvis everyday), but you cast your judgement on me as some horrible person who is a loser in life while at the same time accusing me of hiding my ID behind a computer screen (though you know we've met). I have to wonder how it is that I both hide my real ID behind a computer screen and am a dependent loser in real life? Am I supposed to show up for more chiefs tailgating, though I have no disposable income for that and live 5.5 hours from KC? Is that the criteria that lifts a person to respectability in the world of stevieray? It appears so.

My coming off as an asshole is from political and religious arguments in the DC forum, where they are part of exchanges in which I'm treated in the same manner. I rarely start attacking though -- it's simply not my nature or my online persona, and a distant examination of my posting history will show this. This isn't something you want to pursue, but I encourage you to do so. When KCDan, for instance, speaks to me as if I'm mildly retarded or uneducated, and in the premise of the post is inaccurate, I will speak up. That is my right, but further, I feel obligated to do so. What makes me an asshole is that you like KCDan and don't like me. Everything is going to be seen from that bias by you. Of course I will sound like an asshole. A really objective and honest determination though, is that KCDan is just as much an asshole as I am (which, in my opinion, is not much of an asshole -- to be honest, though, I would never even use this term. Some people feel proud to be an asshole, some use it negatively, so I find more precise terms that we can all agree on). If Pete tells me I'm disrespectful of the troops, you are damn right that I will respond. Nothing, nothing in my history both on this forum and in real life, has ever shown even a slight disrespect to the people who serve in the armed forces. All attempts to suggest otherwise will be shut down, and because of the nature of the attack on me, I feel it is in my every right to reply in kind.

I do stress reason and logic in these discussions. Ideas can be called loser ideas (something the anti-Marx crowd would probably point out strongly), and so can truths of someone who actually loses (similar to saying the Chiefs are losers after the first preseason game). As I pointed out to pete, he is not a loser because of who he is on the outside of CP (he could be a great person for all I know), but he is a loser when it comes to arguing here. He engages in ad hominem only slightly less than Velvet Jones, and abandons rationality whenever something gets mildly difficult to discuss. For however great of a person he may actually be, his debates on CP, similar to yours in the rare case that you do engage in them, can nicely be defined as "loser" -- he loses arguments almost before he starts them.

There is nothing even remotely true in your garbage about me pretending to be elite because I go to college. This is an unsupported, vile lie that is a great example of how you deal with me: make up something ambigious that makes me look bad.

Your superficial comments on my religion are to be expected. But I'd like to point out that never have I said that only works get you to Heaven, never have I talked about making myself the idol, and finally, that you can't tear my religion to shreds. It is impossible for you. I challenge you to do so, without relying on a "the truth will do that!", which really means, "I can't." Now, not only is your own theology childish, but the understanding you have of my own and of the Catholic theology, paints a strongly childish slant.

If the allowance from my parents to live in their house for the semester is proof of my character flaw, then it necessarily follows that my parents have some character flaw. It would be like chiding KCDan's kid for not paying his own tuition without making a statement on KCDan's parenting.

If lecturing to a loser child who is an asshole and a dependent and way below your level of maturity and emotional experience is still important to you (even though I don't matter, of course), I await your reply.

Duck Dog
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM

Way to miss the point/ How convenient, you stool pigeon. He was responding to your parties brown shirt accusations. Jesus Christ.

KC Dan
08-26-2009, 10:38 AM
When KCDan, for instance, speaks to me as if I'm mildly retarded or uneducated, and in the premise of the post is inaccurate, I will speak up. That is my right, but further, I feel obligated to do so. What makes me an asshole is that you like KCDan and don't like me. Everything is going to be seen from that bias by you. Of course I will sound like an asshole. A really objective and honest determination though, is that KCDan is just as much an asshole as I am (which, in my opinion, is not much of an asshole -- to be honest, though, I would never even use this term.
If the allowance from my parents to live in their house for the semester is proof of my character flaw, then it necessarily follows that my parents have some character flaw. It would be like chiding KCDan's kid for not paying his own tuition without making a statement on KCDan's parenting.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Little buckaroo!!!

Don't wrap me into this mess now. I am an Azzhole, plain and simple. Thank you, as I have been called much worse so you are at the back of a very long line.

I do not speak to you as if you are retarded or uneducated (it may read that way), I speak to you as if you are unexperienced - which you are. You are young, foolish, carefree, full of spit and vinegar, full of aspirations and false impressions left upon you by towering figures in your life (probably mostly professors that have no real work/life experiences to draw from except on campus life). But, I do not hold that against you. You will gain the needed experience with time and pain learnt from being out here in the real world on your own with no backstop. That is how I speak to you not as if you are retarded.

And, what in the heck does this mean "It would be like chiding KCDan's kid for not paying his own tuition without making a statement on KCDan's parenting?"

I can afford to pay my children's tuition due to many years of hard work and sacrifices. They pay for everything else (books, housing, fees, car, insurance, cell phone, ect..) with their own hard earned money from actual jobs.

Now that you understand how I am actually talking to you, please share with me what I am doing wrong with my children that requires "chiding?" I am very interested in your educated, correct-minded, well experienced reasoning on the subject. Plus, I need a laugh this morning...

Jenson71
08-26-2009, 10:45 AM
KCDan, I'm sorry if there is a misunderstanding. I do not think you should be chided for paying your children's tuition. I would never do such a thing. I hope I can do that for my own kids some day.

But, the analogy works, I think. That's all I'm saying.

Jenson71
08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I will work on my patience in discussing in this forum in the future. KCDan, sorry to snap at you like I did in that thread on socialism. I took it too far, undeservingly.

I should probably spend less time around here for a number of reasons, but the main one is because I feel bad for the way I let things get out of hand in my posting sometimes. While there are people who can deal with having people not like them, and that can be a fine trait, I don't think I'm one of them, at least not yet.

KC Dan
08-26-2009, 11:09 AM
KCDan, I'm sorry if there is a misunderstanding. I do not think you should be chided for paying your children's tuition. I would never do such a thing. I hope I can do that for my own kids some day.

But, the analogy works, I think. That's all I'm saying.No worries but we all fall into the mindset that we are way smarter than others when in school or just after. The problem with that is that the smartest individuals that I have ever ran across in my 4+ decades on this planet have no formal post-high school education - bar none. I have a lot of book smarts gained from many years of schooling and reading. However, I learned what I "really" know by experiencing life as do everyone else in life.

I run two different departments for the company that I work for and I can tell you unequivically that the best engineer under me is someone who doesn't even have an AS degree. He thinks more logically, can solve more difficult problems quicker and gets along with his peers and customers better than all of the others. There are some people in other departments that can't understand why he wasn't laid off when other more educated people were this past spring. The reason - he is more educated AND experienced. Maybe not classically educated like the others but his experiences and personal studying far outweighs what junior #6 learned from Prof, #9, any day, any time, any where.

My advise (take it for what it is worth) is .... Not going to give any as you will learn on your own and I have a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't take it anyhow. Peace

KC Dan
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
I will work on my patience in discussing in this forum in the future. KCDan, sorry to snap at you like I did in that thread on socialism. I took it too far, undeservingly.

I should probably spend less time around here for a number of reasons, but the main one is because I feel bad for the way I let things get out of hand in my posting sometimes. While there are people who can deal with having people not like them, and that can be a fine trait, I don't think I'm one of them, at least not yet.It comes with time on board planet Earth. I get way pissed off at some postings here and "most" of the time, I stop myself from responding because I know what will come next. It's pretty obvious when others don't have the same ability to delay text-typing-anger-and-frustration-based responses..

Though, sometimes it is pretty damn funny!

Inspector
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Little buckaroo!!!

Don't wrap me into this mess now. I am an Azzhole, plain and simple. Thank you, as I have been called much worse so you are at the back of a very long line.

I do not speak to you as if you are retarded or uneducated (it may read that way), I speak to you as if you are unexperienced - which you are. You are young, foolish, carefree, full of spit and vinegar, full of aspirations and false impressions left upon you by towering figures in your life (probably mostly professors that have no real work/life experiences to draw from except on campus life). But, I do not hold that against you. You will gain the needed experience with time and pain learnt from being out here in the real world on your own with no backstop. That is how I speak to you not as if you are retarded.

And, what in the heck does this mean "It would be like chiding KCDan's kid for not paying his own tuition without making a statement on KCDan's parenting?"

I can afford to pay my children's tuition due to many years of hard work and sacrifices. They pay for everything else (books, housing, fees, car, insurance, cell phone, ect..) with their own hard earned money from actual jobs.

Now that you understand how I am actually talking to you, please share with me what I am doing wrong with my children that requires "chiding?" I am very interested in your educated, correct-minded, well experienced reasoning on the subject. Plus, I need a laugh this morning...

Understanding experience that comes from living life is often not understood by kids who have not lived long enough to gain that experience.

When I was a young man I couldn't believe how stupid my father was. When I gained life experience after about 5 decades, I understood just how wise he actually was.

There is no book learning that can take the place of these kinds of experience. That only comes from living long enough.

IMHO of course.

Jenson71
08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
No worries but we all fall into the mindset that we are way smarter than others when in school or just after.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. In defense of myself, I've never said I was smarter or more educated than other people on here. I've never used that as an argument. That is sometimes thrown back in my face, though. "You're just saying that because you're not in the real world" or "I said that when I was your age" or "Just because your professors say that..."

I never said I was smarter or more educated than stevieray, pete, KCDan, or anyone. I don't hold any illusions that I am.

That's why stevieray's comment that I allegedly said something that was to falsely promote my own elite status is really ridiculous. I've never done that.

I agree that experience is important in life. Where have I said elsewhere? But I also hold that reason is as well, and reason, or lack of, knows no age boundaries. Countless examples from history and from chiefsplanet show this.