PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do any of our RB's have good vision

Mr. Krab
08-23-2009, 02:59 PM
With our Oline the running lanes are not always where they are suppose to be. All the more important to have a RB that can see/feel the holes. I don't know that any of our guys have it.

LJ is one of the softest big man you'll ever see run with the ball. He will run right up an Olineman's butt as he will see a hole right next to said lineman. (might be why Gochiefs likes him, hoping LJ will go up his butt :) )

Battle has better power and balance but either he doesn't see the hole or doesn't have the ability to get there.

Savage is pretty nifty but doesn't seem to feel the game. He gets slammed all the time because he has no idea where the traffic is.

Charles seems to have the best tools of all our guys but seems to lack something. He just doesn't seem to get there.

Javarris Williams meh, who knows

Mr. Arrowhead
08-23-2009, 03:00 PM
AP would be getting stuffed behind our O line

the Talking Can
08-23-2009, 03:01 PM
LJ can spit on a women from 3 booths away, in a dark club.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2009, 03:02 PM
LJ is the softest Big Man who ever ran for 1800+ yard seasons back to back.

Mr. Krab
08-23-2009, 03:05 PM
AP would be getting stuffed behind our O lineMaybe, but why do i see open running lanes and our RB's missing them?

KCtotheSB
08-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I know our O-line is very sub-par, but what annoys me to no end is seeing LJ run right smack dab into the back of our offensive line and struggle for 2-3 more yards. The other night I saw a pretty decent sized hole he could have sprinted through for another 5-6 yards and instead he just ran right into a pile. I understand that a decision needs to be made in a split second, but his running sometimes reminds me of running the ball in Madden when you get stuck behind your O-lineman.

KCrockaholic
08-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Whut?:spock:

KCrockaholic
08-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Maybe, but why do i see open running lanes and our RB's missing them?

Its funny, I was just thinking about this earlier today. I was wondering if it has to do with our coaches or if our players are just football retarded.

EyePod
08-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Charles seems to have the best tools of all our guys but seems to lack something. He just doesn't seem to get there.

Grip?

EyePod
08-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Its funny, I was just thinking about this earlier today. I was wondering if it has to do with our coaches or if our players are just football retarded.

They probably don't notice them because they are already getting hit in the side because the opposite side of the o-line missed an assignment...

KCrockaholic
08-23-2009, 03:55 PM
They probably don't notice them because they are already getting hit in the side because the opposite side of the o-line missed an assignment...

I guess to be fair, good O-linemen will push the defender back when the RB runs up their ass. Our guys either fall down or go nowhere. They are probably scared to try running in the hole next to them knowing they will get stuffed the second they hit the hole.

So far KC O-line 09'< KC O-line 08'

And that is a scary thought.

Mecca
08-23-2009, 03:57 PM

Don't confuse what he once was for what he is now.

KCBOSS1
08-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I have no idea

EyePod
08-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Don't confuse what he once was for what he is now.

The only difference is that I could run for about 800 yards with that O-Line... It was so freaking good...

Mecca
08-23-2009, 04:19 PM
It's just really not surprising at all that LJ looks bad, if you wanted a recipe to watch a player decline, take a RB give him a record breaking number of carries then follow that with a big contract.

googlegoogle
08-23-2009, 05:11 PM
running lanes? what are they?

DJ's left nut
08-23-2009, 06:07 PM

He wasn't running rich back then.

Dude got his contract and shut it down. He's not the first, he won't be the last, but there's absolutely no denying that this is exactly what happened.

He's a soft bitch on the field these days.

KCrockaholic
08-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Im still surprised nobody has specifically corrected DeBerg.....I guess im just to picky with my stats :shrug:

Deberg_1990
08-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Im still surprised nobody has specifically corrected DeBerg.....I guess im just to picky with my stats :shrug:

hahah..yea, i was waiting for that too. :)

Reerun_KC
08-23-2009, 10:41 PM
He wasn't running rich back then.

Dude got his contract and shut it down. He's not the first, he won't be the last, but there's absolutely no denying that this is exactly what happened.

He's a soft bitch on the field these days.

This...

LJ = Quit

Count Alex's Wins
08-23-2009, 10:49 PM
I will start worrying about LJ when the handoffs where he comes face to face with 4 defenders stop occurring.

milkman
08-23-2009, 10:51 PM
I will start worrying about LJ when the handoffs where he comes face to face with 4 defenders stop occurring.

The fat ass butt cheeks of the O-Lineman don't count as 4 defenders.

Count Alex's Wins
08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
The fat ass butt cheeks of the O-Lineman don't count as 4 defenders.

On the first fucking handoff the other night, LJ got the ball, took two steps to his right and four defenders surrounded him.

Reerun_KC
08-23-2009, 10:59 PM
The fat ass butt cheeks of the O-Lineman don't count as 4 defenders.ROFL

LJ has the field vision of a mole....

Think about it!:LOL:

Reerun_KC
08-23-2009, 10:59 PM
On the first ****ing handoff the other night, LJ got the ball, took two steps to his right and four defenders surrounded him.

:deevee:

milkman
08-23-2009, 11:06 PM
On the first ****ing handoff the other night, LJ got the ball, took two steps to his right and four defenders surrounded him.

So the fuck what?

That kind of thing happens even with great O-Lines occassionally.

When he runs to the line, if there isn't hole in the exact spot the play is designed to go, he runs right up the O-Lineman's ass.

Great RBs find creases, find seams, and get postiive yards.

LJ doesn't.

Even Marcus Allen, in his last year still had that innate ability to find those holes.

Saccopoo
08-23-2009, 11:14 PM
The preseason isn't for LJ. It truly does take him two and a half quarters to get into a game. I think he's somewhere in-between Mecca's "cashed it in" and GoChiefs' "Hall of Fame enshrinement" of the guy. The past two seasons, when our O-line was worse than what we have now (coaching, personnel, experience) and the quarterback situation was, well, not the best, he did put up decent averages in the games he played.

We've got a new QB, new receivers, a new passing mindset (WR rather than TE), etc. It will take time for everyone to get accustomed to these changes. I think he'll be fine. Not great, maybe not even good, but fine. I think that they all will, and I think that Charles will start to establish himself as a better-than-average running back through the course of the season.

If Lelie can actually still play and give us a downfield threat opposite of Bowe, and Engram can still be an effective possession guy for us, it will help the running game more so than the past couple of years when teams were creeping up safeties to plug the run and hold down Gonzalez. And having the tight end stay back for blocking rather than having him out in pass plays will help.

Yeah, they will be fine. Baby steps, but I look for improvements in the run game over last year.

chiefzilla1501
08-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I think it's a little of both.

Much as I hate our o-line, I have to say that when I saw Priest Holmes make his ill-advised comeback, I realized that LJ is not as good as advertised. I thought Priest was going to get demolished behind the new offensive line. Instead, I saw him hit a bunch of holes even behind a really shoddy offensive line.

LJ's a superior back to Priest if your o-line blocks well and hits their assignments. But surprisingly, I thought Priest was a far better back when the blocks weren't perfect. Given that LJ was a power back, it was surprising that he wasn't better than Priest in those situations.

The clear case-in-point was goal-line situations. LJ always struggled to make the end zone, but Priest just had a nose for knowing where to run where the defenders weren't.

Count Alex's Wins
08-24-2009, 05:32 AM
LJ's a superior back to Priest if your o-line blocks well and hits their assignments. But surprisingly, I thought Priest was a far better back when the blocks weren't perfect. Given that LJ was a power back, it was surprising that he wasn't better than Priest in those situations.

Remind me who had a better YPC, again? LMAO