PDA

View Full Version : Economics Mercury Marine union in Wis. rejects concessions

Saul Good
08-23-2009, 09:24 PM
...to mixed results.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090823/ap_on_bi_ge/us_mercury_marine_3

FOND DU LAC, Wis. Union workers at Mercury Marine put their jobs at risk Sunday when they rejected a package of wage and benefit concessions the boat engine maker said it needed or it would move their work to a nonunion plant in Oklahoma.

Union leaders did not immediately release Sunday's tally but said the vote was "overwhelming" to reject what the company called its final offer.

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local 1947, represents 850 workers at Mercury Marine, the largest employer in the eastern Wisconsin city of Fond du Lac and the world's largest manufacturer of boat and recreational marine engines.

Mercury Marine had asked for changes to a four-year contract it signed a year ago. The company had said workers would see no pay cuts under its proposal, but the union said workers were asked give up 2 percent pay raises in each of the last two years of the contract. The average hourly wage now is about $20, the union said.

Mercury Marine issued a statement after the vote saying it will move many of its Fond du Lac manufacturing operations to its facility in Stillwater, Okla., over the next two to three years. The company said it would continue to operate the Fond du Lac facility for now under the terms and conditions of the existing contract, which expires in 2012.

petegz28
08-23-2009, 09:25 PM
well, bye

I haven't had a pay raise in 2 years. Our 401k match was eliminated and cost of benefits raised. These guys can cry me a fucking river.

Saul Good
08-23-2009, 09:26 PM
At least they don't have to worry about not getting a 2% increase in pay. $0 plus 2% is $0. Hooray for the Union!

alanm
08-23-2009, 11:10 PM
At least they don't have to worry about not getting a 2% increase in pay. $0 plus 2% is $0. Hooray for the Union!That's going to leave a mark on Fond du Loc.:shake:
The union screwed the pooch for that town.

KC native
08-24-2009, 11:06 AM
well, bye

I haven't had a pay raise in 2 years. Our 401k match was eliminated and cost of benefits raised. These guys can cry me a ****ing river.

It's that why you're so bitter pete? Do you feel left behind? You should find Jeebus. I'm sure he could help. LMAO

Brock
08-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Is the board taking a cut?

InChiefsHell
08-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Mercury Marine had asked for changes to a four-year contract it signed a year ago. The company had said workers would see no pay cuts under its proposal, but the union said workers were asked give up 2 percent pay raises in each of the last two years of the contract. The average hourly wage now is about $20, the union said.

Shit, that's the AVERAGE?? Not too shabby. And by the way, no pay raises does not equal pay cuts. Its like how people think that spending freezes equal spending cuts in the government...

Mercury Marine issued a statement after the vote saying it will move many of its Fond du Lac manufacturing operations to its facility in Stillwater, Okla., over the next two to three years. The company said it would continue to operate the Fond du Lac facility for now under the terms and conditions of the existing contract, which expires in 2012.

I'm sure the town of Fond du Lac is overjoyed that their Union brothers were there for them, unselfishly working hard to keep the town afoat...

wild1
08-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for playing

dirk digler
08-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Damn that was a stupid decision by their members.

petegz28
08-24-2009, 12:16 PM
It's that why you're so bitter pete? Do you feel left behind? You should find Jeebus. I'm sure he could help. LMAO

Dude, do you just wake up and make it a point to be the ass crust of a freshly male cock fucked ass?

KC native
08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Dude, do you just wake up and make it a point to be the ass crust of a freshly male cock ****ed ass?

What I find funny is all you wingers and your obsession with cock and gay jokes. You want to join Io-allicanmakearegayjokes-awanian in the closet camp of CP?

petegz28
08-24-2009, 12:21 PM
What I find funny is all you wingers and your obsession with cock and gay jokes. You want to join Io-allicanmakearegayjokes-awanian in the closet camp of CP?

Well when you get all flaming and hissy like a little girl, you leave one to wonder.

KC native
08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Well when you get all flaming and hissy like a little girl, you leave one to wonder.

LMAO Pete, I don't get hissy or flaming. That's your shtick. I just like to call you out when you act like a little bitch.

petegz28
08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
LMAO Pete, I don't get hissy or flaming. That's your shtick. I just like to call you out when you act like a little bitch.

Sure, sure ..whatever you need to tell yourself....LMAO

Chief Henry
08-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Union mentality at its best...

Iowanian
08-24-2009, 04:03 PM

I can't hear you with the hipocracy stimulating your gag reflex.

Someone tell me why we... 08-20-2009 02:41 PM KC native It's better than doing it for free like you. (in reference to a penis comment)

KC Native vs. Donger -... 08-14-2009 09:06 AM KC native How about one who sucks the penis? You seem to like the taste of my dick because you won't take it out of your mouth

There are plenty more to choose from. Go fornicate a relative's anus full of bumble bees.

It's not really fair for me to live inside your head, rent free.

KC native
08-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I can't hear you with the hipocracy stimulating your gag reflex.

Someone tell me why we... 08-20-2009 02:41 PM KC native It's better than doing it for free like you. (in reference to a penis comment)

KC Native vs. Donger -... 08-14-2009 09:06 AM KC native How about one who sucks the penis? You seem to like the taste of my dick because you won't take it out of your mouth

There are plenty more to choose from. Go fornicate a relative's anus full of bumble bees.

Damn, still following me around?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aATZe3Dbx88&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aATZe3Dbx88&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Iowanian
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
You're just socially handicapped enough to be RaisedInRectum's mult.

vailpass
08-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Senor Bullsheet ruins every thread he touches. He is thread herpes.