PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues ‘Go Topless’ event today in Makena

KILLER_CLOWN
08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I can't believe this story fell through the cracks.

MAKENA - Maui supporters will join national "Go Topless Day" protests with an event today.

The "family friendly" celebration will be from noon to 3 p.m. at Little Beach, according to a press release from the group GoTopless.org. Participants plan to mark the location of the event with a sandman wearing a bikini top.

The "Go Topless" group argues that women have a right to bare their chests in public, and that nudity laws requiring women to cover up are discriminatory. It encourages women in cities where it's already legal to show breasts in public to exercise that right.

"As long as men can go topless, women should have the same constitutional right, or men should also be forced to wear something that hides their chests," GoTopless.org founder Rael said in a statement.

Rael is also known as the founder of a group that believes life on Earth was founded by extraterrestrials, but the GoTopless.org press release noted that people of all beliefs are welcome at the event.

The group plans annual protest events around the country on the Sunday before Women's Equality Day, Aug. 26. Women's Equality Day marks the date in 1920 when U.S. women received the right to vote.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/522671.html?nav=10

I've bolded the sentence that doesn't quite fit with the rest of it.

:LOL:

Rain Man
08-24-2009, 09:11 AM
I strongly support this issue. Equal rights for all!

Pitt Gorilla
08-24-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree with this. Who in the world could support such discrimination?

Radar Chief
08-24-2009, 11:30 AM
"....or men should also be forced to wear something that hides their chests," GoTopless.org founder Rael said in a statement.

I’m actually OK with that.

Halfcan
08-24-2009, 04:05 PM
topless for women is ALWAYS a good idea-lol

AustinChief
08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Austin has no topless laws. There is even a giant spring fed pool downtown (Barton Springs) where women sunbath topless all summer.

vailpass
08-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Austin has no topless laws. There is even a giant spring fed pool downtown (Barton Springs) where women sunbath topless all summer.

Father in law is an Austin native. Barton Springs completely kicks ass. The only natural swimmin' hole left it seems. Lots of ugly women in Austin and not enough bars or live music but other than that its an ok place.

Fish
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
It's about damn time we amended the constitution to allow women to be topless..... wait...

AustinChief
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Lots of ugly women in Austin and not enough bars or live music but other than that its an ok place.
:D (dammit man, I think you overloaded my sarcasm meter)

vailpass
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM
:D (dammit man, I think you overloaded my sarcasm meter)

Oh and it would help if they had someplace to grab TexMex and I wish there was someplace to buy UT merchandise.
And would it hurt to give the bats somewhere to live so you could watch them come out at sunset?