PDA

View Full Version : Economics Country with best health care on the planet

googlegoogle
08-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Of course they use a system of vouchers which Republicans have wanted.

Health care in Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Singapore#Means_testing_in_Singapore_hospitals)

Saggysack
08-24-2009, 04:54 AM
dur

Health care in Singapore is mainly under the responsibility of the Singapore Government's Ministry of Health. Singapore generally has an efficient and widespread system of health care. It implements a universal healthcare system, and co-exists with private healthcare system.

Singapore has a universal health care system where government ensures affordability, largely through compulsory savings and price controls, while the private sector provides most care. Overall spending on health care amounts to only 3% of annual GDP. Of that, 66% comes from private sources.[1] Singapore currently has the lowest infant mortality rate in the world (equaled only by Iceland) and among the highest life expectancies from birth, according to the World Health Organization.[2] Singapore has "one of the most successful healthcare systems in the world, in terms of both efficiency in financing and the results achieved in community health outcomes," according to an analysis by global consulting firm Watson Wyatt.[3] Singapore's system uses a combination of compulsory savings from payroll deductions (funded by both employers and workers) a nationalized catastrophic health insurance plan, and government subsidies, as well as "actively regulating the supply and prices of healthcare services in the country" to keep costs in check; the specific features have been described as potentially a "very difficult system to replicate in many other countries." Many Singaporeans also have supplemental private health insurance (often provided by employers) for services not covered by the government's programs.[3]

KC native
08-24-2009, 10:07 AM
dur

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Rain Man
08-24-2009, 10:45 AM
They've got the best post-caning rehabilitation system on earth.

tooge
08-24-2009, 11:26 AM
its much simpler than how the model is delivered. See they aren't the most obese and stressed out country in the world. The US is. Fix that, and health care is easy.

bowener
08-24-2009, 12:43 PM
This is something I noticed right away:

the specific features have been described as potentially a "very difficult system to replicate in many other countries."

Something tells me that creating and sustaining a health care system for 4.8 million people is easier and simpler than creating one for 310,000,000 people.

modocsot
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
See they aren't the most obese and stressed out country in the world. The US is. Fix that, and health care is easy.

Chicken or the egg, I think.

Zebedee DuBois
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Chicken or the egg, I think.
Fried chicken AND eggs Benedict. side of waffles.

wild1
08-24-2009, 04:48 PM
This is something I noticed right away:

Something tells me that creating and sustaining a health care system for 4.8 million people is easier and simpler than creating one for 310,000,000 people.

Clearly, this means we can learn absolutely nothing from the system that was rated 'best in the world'.

chiefzilla1501
08-24-2009, 04:48 PM
its much simpler than how the model is delivered. See they aren't the most obese and stressed out country in the world. The US is. Fix that, and health care is easy.

Not to mention a ton of baby boomer retirees.

Rain Man
08-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Not to mention a ton of baby boomer retirees.

Logan's Run?