PDA

View Full Version : Life Which one of you shops at Wal-Mart?

JD10367
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
CNN Headline News blurb just now, an "unhappy customer" in a Kansas City Wal-Mart threatened to shoot everyone.

He's apparently in custody.

Track who doesn't post for the next few days... there's your answer. :)

LaChapelle
08-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Probably a McDonalds inside a Walmart. Out of fries.

JD10367
08-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Probably a McDonalds inside a Walmart. Out of fries.

I thought you only call 911 for that. To threaten to shoot people, they must've been out of McNuggets.

Demonpenz
08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
wal mart has been running real good specials lately. With the way the economy has been going it's the only place to shop for my household

LaChapelle
08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
The Ronald McDonald statue of plastic lost his McNuggets in the altercation.

bluehawkdoc
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
If I see the blue light flashin', there better be a sale on Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's. Otherwise, I'm bustin' a cap in someone's a**.

Bwana
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
And this is not like ANY other day in that cess pool how?

If I am forced to go into one, I am going to start taking this.........

Bwana
08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Heh, on a side note, the employees seem to be getting an edge as well. Check out these two links.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/weird-news/article_b4517cab-287b-5692-a397-2a7a95b7b69a.html

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_04bd7b30-8889-11de-9c6e-001cc4c03286.html

tooge
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I'll get food and clothes for my family in a freakin dumpster before I shop at that POS store

gblowfish
08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, the one at Blue Ridge has 36 cash registers, and 4 of them are manned.
Plus, lots of Wal Mart Shoppers fill their carts with a bunch of crap they can't afford, then negotiate item by item of whether they want to buy each individual item. They keep about half, ask for about half to be re-stocked. So, I can understand wanting to kill someone under those circumstances.

I try not to shop there just because checkout is such a nuisance.

gblowfish
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Heh, on a side note, the employees seem to be getting an edge as well. Check out these two links.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/weird-news/article_b4517cab-287b-5692-a397-2a7a95b7b69a.html

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_04bd7b30-8889-11de-9c6e-001cc4c03286.html

Hey, the Royals ought to bail this guy out. Mike Jacobs can take twelve cuts and NEVER make contact...

Consistent1
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
It was no big deal. They did not have any nightcrawlers. I won't get more than a couple months jail time. Bail was pretty cheap. No biggie.

Bwana
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey, the Royals ought to bail this guy out. Mike Jacobs can take twelve cuts and NEVER make contact...

LMAO

rockymtnchief
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I'll get food and clothes for my family in a freakin dumpster before I shop at that POS store

I haven't stepped foot in a Wal-Mart in four years. I'll pay the extra $0.50 and shop some place else.

JD10367
08-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Luckily we have both Wal-Mart and Target in our area, and I definitely prefer Target. It's a little higher-end clientele. Meaning the pregnant girls walking around look like they may be 15, instead of 12. :shrug:

Kerberos
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, the one at Blue Ridge has 36 cash registers, and 4 of them are manned.
Plus, lots of Wal Mart Shoppers fill their carts with a bunch of crap they can't afford, then negotiate item by item of whether they want to buy each individual item. They keep about half, ask for about half to be re-stocked. So, I can understand wanting to kill someone under those circumstances.

I try not to shop there just because checkout is such a nuisance.

This is EXACTLY why I do my shopping at around 6am or 7am on the weekend.

I refuse to go in there at 3pm on a Saturday or Sunday because of the 10 Billion people in there and trying to get checked out of 5 of 30 registers that are open.

Shit I go early so much that the night people know me by name.

Demonpenz
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I haven't stepped foot in a Wal-Mart in four years. I'll pay the extra $0.50 and shop some place else.

50 cents? Damn that is 4 meals of ramon. what I ususally do is check the seats of sofa's at malls and vending machines. By the end of the week I can get a 24 oz of busch light.

Raised On Riots
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
We had a double-homicide at the local Wal Mart a few months ago. Dude waited for this elderly couple to cash their SS, and popped both of them in the head as they were walking out the front doors.

New Mexico HWP pulled him over for driving too slow, and he shot himself in the head before the cop could get to his window.

blaise
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
You gotta be careful at Wal Mart. There's obese people on Rascals just looking to do drive bys. If one ever has their Rascal headlight out don't tell them. It's an obese people gang initiation. They'll shoot you for it and then eat all your groceries.

gblowfish
08-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Dude didn't even GO to the Wal-Mart, he phoned in his threat. Wonder how that works on the Store Switchboard:
"Thanks for calling your Liberty Wal-Mart. For English press one, for Spanish press two...."

"Beep...one"

"For Sporting Goods press one. For Women's Wear, press two. For toys, press three. For Men's Wear, press four. Automotive, press five. To threaten the store with an AK-47 assault rifle, press six. For housewares, press seven...."

Here's the story from KC Star:

Suspect arrested after police evacuate Northland Wal-Mart
By GLENN E. RICE
The Kansas City Star
http://www.kansascity.com/703/story/1402108.html

Liberty police arrested a man shortly before noon today who had threatened to enter a Northland Wal-Mart and “shoot everyone,” police said.

While the drama of heavily armed police surrounding the locked-down store played out for about an hour, the man apparently remained at home, where officers later arrested him without incident.

According to Kansas City police, he had tried to cash a check Sunday at the Wal-Mart at 8300 N. Church Road, near Missouri 152 and just west of Liberty. After employees refused to cash his check, he got belligerent and left.

At 9:39 this morning, he called the store and threatened to come in and shoot people with an AK-47 assault-style rifle, police said.

Police sent in tactical squads, who told customers to stay inside. Officers also surrounded the store and cleared people from nearby restaurants and parking lots. As a precaution, they sent officers to two other Northland Wal-Mart stores, one on North Antioch Road and the other on Boardwalk.

The suspect called the Church Road store a second time, after police had arrived, and said he wanted police to shoot him because he had terminal cancer and had no reason to live, police said.

While police still had the store surrounded, an ambulance was sent to the store to treat someone who had reported shortness of breath.

But inside, people mostly remained calm, two customers later said. As police lined up empty shopping carts to block the doors, employees offered chips, water and chairs to shoppers. Employees also turned cartoons on the televisions for children to watch.

“I think they were trying to keep people calm, so they weren’t saying much” about what was happening, said Stephanie Pearce of Kansas City, who had just checked out with her 4-year-old son and 9-month-old daughter when police entered and told her she could not leave.

She called a friend, who told her about the lockdown being reported on television.

Word about the gunman quickly spread, said another customer, Kendall St. Ama of Lathrop, who was shopping with her 3-year-old son. She appreciated being kept inside the store.

“No one is bulletproof,” she said.

Liberty police arrested the suspect at an apartment in the 200 block of North Water Street, Major Jim Simpson said. Police have dealt with him in the past, Simpson said.

blaise
08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
It's sad. Most mom and pop stores can't get any death threats by kooks these days.

Demonpenz
08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
if the swat team is called out. Someone should be shot. I don't care who it is.

ChiefButthurt
08-24-2009, 01:45 PM

Oh bullshit.....I buy all of my boxers from Walmart.

SLAG
08-24-2009, 01:53 PM
one of my friends status updates on facebook:

wth is going on at walmart I got kicked out of the parking lot with cops with rifles and they have shut it all down. really scary so anyone know what is going on driving home to turn on the news.

RJ
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
An "unhappy customer".

Do they have other kinds?

Just Passin' By
08-24-2009, 02:56 PM
An "unhappy customer".

Do they have other kinds?

They're the largest retailer in the world. I think it's safe to say that they have plenty of happy customers, probably including a lot of people who are bagging on this in this thread.

Hog Farmer
08-24-2009, 02:57 PM
If that goddam old man is there greeting me as I walk in I'mjust gonna have to kick his ass this time.

petegz28
08-24-2009, 03:12 PM
http://walmartcrimereport.com/

•Wal-Mart stores analyzed do experience a high rate of criminal/police incidents;
•Based on a sample of “high incident” Wal-Mart stores, Wal-Mart stores experience a much higher rate of reported criminal/police incidents than nearby Target stores;
•National estimates indicate that almost 1 million criminal/police incidents occurred at Wal-Mart stores in 2004 – or 2 criminal/police incidents per minute in 2004;
•Wal-Mart could implement roving security patrols at all stores nation-wide at an estimated cost of 4 cents a customer visit.

blaise
08-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Target cashiers are much hotter than Wal Mart cashiers.

petegz28
08-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Home Graphs Data People Groups Upload
See the new Swivel. Wal-Mart vs Target Reported Crime Incidents

Reported Incident Category Wal-Mart Target

Auto theft 303 34
Robbery and attempted robbery 109 18
Sex crimes 31 14
Kidnapping and attempted kidnapping 3 0
Rape and attempted rape 2 1
Homicide and attempted homicide 221 0

http://www.swivel.com/data_sets/show/1002864

ziggysocki
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
And this is not like ANY other day in that cess pool how?

If I am forced to go into one, I am going to start taking this.........

Here are some other things you could try as well:

http://excds.ath.cx/fun/images/kmartvz5.jpg

RJ
08-24-2009, 03:46 PM
They're the largest retailer in the world. I think it's safe to say that they have plenty of happy customers, probably including a lot of people who are bagging on this in this thread.

There is a difference between having a lot of customers and having happy customers. In fact, I would say there is probably a strong correlation between the number of customers and the "happiness" level. As one goes up, the other goes down. Generally speaking, if I go in a Walmart I am wanting to kill something by the time I come out. But I still do it if the financial incentive is strong enough.

boogblaster
08-24-2009, 04:48 PM
A fellow Wally-hater .. damn he didn't get off any shots ....

listopencil
08-24-2009, 05:06 PM
I wish all you blowhards really would stop shopping there. Maybe the line would be shorter when I go...

MahiMike
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Well it wasn't me although I've dreamed of carpet bombing these places with smart bombs (while empty of course). Where do I send bail bond $?

Bane
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
I hate that place and only go when I have to.

KCChiefsMan
08-24-2009, 05:20 PM
last time I was in wal-mart I saw a guy gangster walking through the little girls clothing area and then he went up to the little girls underwear rack and he picked up a piece of little girls underwear and he yelled out "OH DAMN!"

I got the hell out of there immediately.

Bane
08-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Every time I go I get the new cashier that doesn't know how to work the register,or the ppl in front of me have no money on their link card,and have to use change so I only go when the wife makes me.She feels sometimes its group punishment time....