PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Draft Question

Chocolate Hog
08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Would you draft Frank Gore or DeAngelo Williams?

Great Expectations
08-24-2009, 01:58 PM
DeAngelo

DeezNutz
08-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Williams.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Not Frank Gore.

Mile High Mania
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
No...

I don't think it matters whether you're talking a PPR league or not, but Gore has issues - he can be very productive, but Glen Coffee should continue to look good and steal production.

I like Williams and I personally have Gore down towards the 8-12 range, depending on the league format.

Chocolate Hog
08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
What about Johnathan Stewart taking away carries from Williams? Gore will be feautred in the niners offense.

Dicky McElephant
08-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Williams and then hope that Stewart remains injured.

MoreLemonPledge
08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
I have them ranked almost equal, with a slight edge to Gore.

Johnathan Stewart will get healthy and will see a lot of carries. He's too good of a talent not to. Williams will not see 20 TDs again. That was a total fluke. He does seem to have turned the corner, though, and has looked really good in preseason.

Gore will be featured a very run heavy offense. Coffee has looked great, but will only take enough carries away to keep Gore fresh. The 49ers do need to find a passing game to keep the defense honest, which is my biggest concern.

Basically, Gore is the better talent and has less competition, but has a worse supporting cast. Williams is the opposite. Could go either way here, but I actually like Gore just a hair more. Can't go wrong with either, though.

CanadianChief
08-24-2009, 07:45 PM
It's there is ppr then I rank Gore higher than Williams. If it's standard scoring then Williams rates higher on my lists.

Chocolate Hog
08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
It's a PPR league. Another thing is Gore is good to miss a few games a season. My keepers are Portis & Brady and hopefully 2 good Wr's are there in round 3 and 4.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 11:26 PM
These people using super high picks on DeAngelo Williams are going to be disappointed, he is not gonna rip off a bunch of long TD's like that again.

Chocolate Hog
08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Yea but is he going to score more then Gore is the question

Mecca
08-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Eh probably, Gore tends to get injured, I'm not really a big fan of either of those guys though.

Mile High Mania
08-25-2009, 04:45 AM
These people using super high picks on DeAngelo Williams are going to be disappointed, he is not gonna rip off a bunch of long TD's like that again.

Possibly, and personally I wouldn't take either right now before pick #8... I think LT will bounce back and do very well and I'd likely take him before DeAngelo. It's weird to see LT fall so far in a lot of drafts.

MoreLemonPledge
08-25-2009, 06:38 AM
It's PPR? Then it's Gore, no question.

DTLB58
08-25-2009, 08:01 AM

Is he going to = is season last year exactly? Probably not, but...

Did you see his TD run against the Dolphins this past Saturday?

This guy is a stud and people need to get use to that!

Everyone is just jealous of this guy because nobody saw coming what he did last year so they all think he is a one year wonder, plus they all what the rookie (Jonathan Stewart) from last year to be the guy.

Just like with a backup QB the hot new backup RB is the most popular guy in town. :shake:

Old Dog
08-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Gore is no more injury riddled than most others. The guy has started 45 of 48 games in the past three years. Once a guy gets the "injury risk" tag from one of the talking heads, it's like a bunch of lemmings in fantasy football.

In that head to head I'm taking Gore every time and especially in a PPR.

I was going to try to stay out of these topics rather than to tip my hand in the CP money league, but the "he gets hurt" was too assinine to ignore.

Chocolate Hog
08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Gore is no more injury riddled than most others. The guy has started 45 of 48 games in the past three years. Once a guy gets the "injury risk" tag from one of the talking heads, it's like a bunch of lemmings in fantasy football.

In that head to head I'm taking Gore every time and especially in a PPR.

I was going to try to stay out of these topics rather than to tip my hand in the CP money league, but the "he gets hurt" was too assinine to ignore.

Thanks. I'm not in any of the CP leagues but I am in a money league. Ugh it seems pretty close between Gore & Williams right now I'm leaning towards Gore.

DrRyan
08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
I would go Williams and not think twice about it. I am not a big fan of drafting either in the first round this year though. Carolina is a better team, committed to running the ball and likely to be ahead and running out the clock more often the Gore and the 9ers.

Honestly I like Slaton over Gore. I think the toss up would be Slaton or Williams and even there, I would likely go Slaton.