PDA

View Full Version : Computers Windows validation

-King-
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
My laptop just started to say that my copy of Vista is not genuine and no matter what I do(which hasn't been much) I cant fix it. I know my copy is legit because it came with the laptop when I bought it about a year ago. Is there anything I can do to fix the error or do I have to call Microsoft? I don't want a bypass because if I do that I wont get updates, I just want a solution that will make my laptop recognize that the Vista is genuine. Thanks.

Count Alex's Losses
08-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Stop sucking your father's cock!

ziggysocki
08-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Hahaha you pirate. But seriously, call macrohard and see if they will validate it. It has happened to legit machines before, and will to many more I'm sure.

HC_Chief
08-24-2009, 02:38 PM
If it is the same laptop with which you purchased the copy, then call Microsoft. If not, you are SOL... an OEM license is specific to the machine with which it was purchased.

Mojo Jojo
08-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Easy fix...Get A MAC.

HC_Chief
08-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Easy fix...Get A MAC.

Nothing like a $3000 solution to a $.10 problem. :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Call Microsoft. It's actually a pretty quick process.

Mr. Krab
08-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Stop sucking your father's cock!WTF??

Mr. Krab
08-24-2009, 02:47 PM
My laptop just started to say that my copy of Vista is not genuine and no matter what I do(which hasn't been much) I cant fix it. I know my copy is legit because it came with the laptop when I bought it about a year ago. Is there anything I can do to fix the error or do I have to call Microsoft? I don't want a bypass because if I do that I wont get updates, I just want a solution that will make my laptop recognize that the Vista is genuine. Thanks.No, the Validation doesn't come from your laptop unless something got corrupted. It comes from the microsoft website saying your window key is invalid. It happens when too many other people have spoofed your key after your bought it. You can use a pirate key workaround but then your stuck doing that forever.

Gotta call.

Over-Head
08-24-2009, 02:47 PM
My laptop just started to say that my copy of Vista is not genuine and no matter what I do(which hasn't been much) I cant fix it. I know my copy is legit because it came with the laptop when I bought it about a year ago. Is there anything I can do to fix the error or do I have to call Microsoft? I don't want a bypass because if I do that I wont get updates, I just want a solution that will make my laptop recognize that the Vista is genuine. Thanks.
Mine started doing that about a month ago, I just close the window, and some day I'll just go to their site and manually get my updates.

DaFace
08-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Call Microsoft. It's actually a pretty quick process.

This. I've done it a handful of times, and the entire call typically took 5 minutes or less.

Fish
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
This will not fix your validation issue, but this site will get you the most recent Window$ updates if you need them.

http://windizupdate.com/

Call M$ and yell at Habib about the validation...

-King-
08-24-2009, 03:32 PM
....Ok...weird thing. The product key on the bottom of the laptop does not match the product key showing when i use Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder.

vailpass
08-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Easy fix...Get A MAC.

But what if you are a grown-up?

ziggysocki
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Nothing like a $3000 solution to a $.10 problem. :rolleyes:

hahaha no shit! Thats like replacing the engine on your car because the battery is dead.

ziggysocki
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
....Ok...weird thing. The product key on the bottom of the laptop does not match the product key showing when i use Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder.

Uh oh! Did you ever buy it brand new? Was it ever in a shop where maybe the OS was reloaded? There are applications that can change the PK, you could look for one of those and make the product keys match. But, if they dont match, MS is not going to be very helpful

Just Passin' By
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
But what if you are a grown-up?

You'd already have one.

-King-
08-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Uh oh! Did you ever buy it brand new? Was it ever in a shop where maybe the OS was reloaded? There are applications that can change the PK, you could look for one of those and make the product keys match. But, if they dont match, MS is not going to be very helpful

Yeah, I bought it brand new, never has had any problems.

penguinz
08-24-2009, 03:40 PM
....Ok...weird thing. The product key on the bottom of the laptop does not match the product key showing when i use Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder.It won't. They use a master image at the factory. You should be able to change your Product ID and use the one on the bottom and be fine.

-King-
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
It won't. They use a master image at the factory. You should be able to change your Product ID and use the one on the bottom and be fine.

And how do I do that...

To add to the fun, the label is faded and I can see two of the letters. Fuck me.

penguinz
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
And how do I do that...

To add to the fun, the label is faded and I can see two of the letters. **** me.When you go to validate via phone you have the option to enter a new product ID.

If you can't read all the letters/numbers you are fucked.

Go spend the $100 on an upgrade copy of Win 7. It is worth it. By far the best OS has put out.

-King-
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
When you go to validate via phone you have the option to enter a new product ID.

If you can't read all the letters/numbers you are ****ed.

Go spend the $100 on an upgrade copy of Win 7. It is worth it. By far the best OS has put out.

:banghead: Fuck!

DaFace
08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
You could try calling your manufacturer's support number. You'd think you wouldn't be the first one to call with that issue.

Kerberos
08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Is it Vista Basic or Home Premium?

Bane
08-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I sold all 4 of our pc's last year and got me and the wife mac book pros,my boys mac mini's and I got a mac pro for my lcd tv.FUGG PC.PERIOD!!!!

Mojo Jojo
08-24-2009, 04:26 PM
I sold all 4 of our pc's last year and got me and the wife mac book pros,my boys mac mini's and I got a mac pro for my lcd tv.FUGG PC.PERIOD!!!!

WINNER!!!!!

We have 4 Mac's and 1 PC. Guess which one always has problems and sucks?

Upgraded wireless internet last weekend. All 4 Mac's no problem spent 1 1/2 hours on tech support for Windows.

vailpass
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I work from home on secure networks owned by my clients. No MACs allowed.
Mac boys are funny.

Bane
08-24-2009, 04:31 PM
WINNER!!!!!

We have 4 Mac's and 1 PC. Guess which one always has problems and sucks?

Upgraded wireless internet last weekend. All 4 Mac's no problem spent 1 1/2 hours on tech support for Windows.

I had pc for years and their fine I guess,but Ive had no prob with our mac's and I do keep a pc just to make sure I stay up on it and all.
I had the same prob with a desk top a buddy of mine was gonna throw away,I put a new OS in it (vista home prem) and it wouldnt validate no matter what,I caled 3-4 times and finally got it workning.Still works fine,I have it hooked up to a 20 in lcd in the basement ,but I stay on my mac book 90 % of the time.

Count Alex's Losses
08-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Windows 7 is practically Mac-like anyway.

Don't have to fiddle with anything.

-King-
08-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Is it Vista Basic or Home Premium?

Home premium.

Fish
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I work from home on secure networks owned by my clients. No MACs allowed.
Mac boys are funny.

Mac ignorance is funnier....

-King-
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Windows 7 huh? To pirate or not to pirate, that is the question.

Demonpenz
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
i had the same problem. and M$ didn't help me at all. I explained i got the program off of limewire and they acted all wierd towards me

vailpass
08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Mac ignorance is funnier....

OH boy lets have a mac vs. windows geek-off! Let me go find my high-water pants and star wars hat.

DenverChief
08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
OH boy lets have a mac vs. windows geek-off! Let me go find my high-water pants and star wars hat.

well that explains a lot:thailor:

Mojo Jojo
08-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Windows 7 is practically Mac-like anyway.

Don't have to fiddle with anything.

That's right...make it like Mac and it should work. Thanks for backing the Mac.

Hey Clay, just wondering what program do you edit your video on?

dtebbe
08-24-2009, 05:24 PM

Do you have a HP or Compaq by chance? My HP randomly does this, and I just have to re-validate online again and it goes on working for another 6 months.

DT

Count Alex's Losses
08-24-2009, 05:30 PM
That's right...make it like Mac and it should work. Thanks for backing the Mac.

Hey Clay, just wondering what program do you edit your video on?

Camtasia Studio.

And I'm not really backing Mac.

Does Windows 7 work like a Mac? Yes and no.

On one hand I don't have to install any drivers.

On the other hand, I can still run programs that are exclusive to the PC.

vailpass
08-24-2009, 05:33 PM
well that explains a lot:thailor:

:)
What's up DC? You still keeping an eye on the prisoners or have you move on to somewhere else?

88TG88
08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Windows 7 huh? To pirate or not to pirate, that is the question.

steal that shit

Bane
08-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Camtasia Studio.

We can debate this forever,but since my switch to mac Ive had to spend much less time updating,backing up,and all the other lil stuff that my pc required to run right.I can find all the software ,and games I need and haven't had any issues with installing anything Ive added to it so far.Im happy with my mac and doubt I'll ever switch back to a pc for my main computer.Good luck to all of you that love pc.

Count Alex's Losses
08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Looks like your Mac doesn't insert punctuation spaces for you. Too bad.

Bane
08-24-2009, 05:42 PM

Nope,and I'm not much on the key board either so forgive me plz......

Mojo Jojo
Camtasia Studio.

Camtasia - kind of an AVID feel/look. At least more AVID than Pro Cut. Just my impression. What do you think?

I am wondering if you like to do all A/V stuff why would you stick with PC over MAC?

Bane

Just for the record though that's not so high on my list of things I need it to do to make me happy.

-King-
08-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Do you have a HP or Compaq by chance? My HP randomly does this, and I just have to re-validate online again and it goes on working for another 6 months.

DT

Yup, I have a HP. But the label under the laptop is so faded that I cant see 2 of the letters. Dammit Carl.

Count Alex's Losses
08-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Camtasia - kind of an AVID feel/look. At least more AVID than Pro Cut. Just my impression. What do you think?

Uh, well, the only other video editor I used was Adobe Premiere. I took one look at it, poked around a bit, and my brain exploded.

I am wondering if you like to do all A/V stuff why would you stick with PC over MAC?Well, like I said, there's a lot of PC-specific stuff I use. And I like to tinker with hardware. I build all my own computers.

Plus, I use a couple other video-editing programs - virtualdubmod and AVISynth - that are PC exclusive, too. I guess I could try a Mac and Final Cut Pro, but what I'm doing now works fine. It's not like it's sluggish or anything, either.

I don't see the advantage in switching. Maybe I'm ignorant.

DaFace
08-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Ah, good. I was worried that a computer thread wouldn't turn into a Mac vs PC thread. That was a close one.

-King-
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Ah, good. I was worried that a computer thread wouldn't turn into a Mac vs PC thread. That was a close one.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL