PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RT is an emergency?

googlegoogle
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Barry Richardson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307545) at right tackle worry anyone? Or will he get better?

Any shot we might find some vet who gets cut or wishful thinking?

rambleonthruthefog
08-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Barry Richardson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307545) at right tackle worry anyone? Or will he get better?

Any shot we might find some vet who gets cut or wishful thinking?

:popcorn:

MOhillbilly
08-24-2009, 04:29 PM
i though barry looked really good.

Mr. Krab
08-24-2009, 04:31 PM
He worries everyone but i don't think he was as bad as some people are suggesting.

boogblaster
08-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I think he'll work into a decent RT ...

MOhillbilly
08-24-2009, 04:32 PM
He worries everyone but i don't think he was as bad as some people are suggesting.

looked like a bon-a-fide HOFer to me. no worries. did you even watch the game?

Mecca
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
If you want a vet signing John Runyan is going to be about the only option.

Mr. Krab
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
looked like a bon-a-fide HOFer to me. no worries. did you even watch the game?
More than once on DVR with slo-mo and replay, did you?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 04:35 PM

One or more of other 31 teams will release a better right tackle than anyone currently on the Chiefs roster.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 04:35 PM
One or more of other 31 teams will release a better right tackle than anyone currently on the Chiefs roster.

So basically you believe several teams have a better 5th OT than the Chiefs do a 2nd one.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 04:36 PM

And you think that Richardson is going to be "okay" at right tackle?

LMAO

What did you watch it on? Your iPhone?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 04:36 PM
So basically you believe several teams have a better 5th OT than the Chiefs do a 2nd one.

Pretty much.

The Chiefs don't even have a "true" right tackle on the roster.

They're all converted left tackles. And none can run block.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 04:37 PM
If we had drafted Jamon Meredith he'd be starting at RT for us at this point but no we needed Colin Brown!

MOhillbilly
08-24-2009, 04:38 PM

unlike you i have 'the eye' and dont have to watch a game 14 times to know barry is a fuggin awesome RT.

Mr. Krab
08-24-2009, 04:39 PM
And you think that Richardson is going to be "okay" at right tackle?

LMAO

What did you watch it on? Your iPhone?
That's not what i said, you cancerous piece of dog rectum.

I said he wasn't as bad as some people are suggesting. It was his first start ever, we don't know whether he will ever be a viable right tackle.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 04:39 PM
unlike you i have 'the eye' and dont have to watch a game 14 times to know barry is a fuggin awesome RT.

I guarantee that Gregg is happy that he doesn't have to worry about that matchup this year.

MOhillbilly
08-24-2009, 04:41 PM

I said he wasn't as bad as some people are suggesting. It was his first start ever, we don't know whether he will ever be a viable right tackle.

if 14 times dvr slo mo didnt tell he is barry awesome then you are a lost cause friend.

SNR
08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm more worried about our interior linemen at this point. I saw Goff and Niswanger fuck up a lot more than Richardson.

But yes, to answer your question, Richardson is garbage. If there exists a better option out there, we need to take advantage of that.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM

Fuck you, Doucheknuckle.

You're a fucking idiot for even making that suggestion.

Of course, this isn't the first time that you've shown you don't know jackshit and I'm betting it'll be far from the last.

MOhillbilly
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I guarantee that Gregg is happy that he doesn't have to worry about that matchup this year.

itd keep him up redeyed at night trying to gameplan that monster.

chiefzilla1501
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM

Or trading for Levi Jones--not overly ideal because of injury issues, but a real good player when healthy.

RippedmyFlesh
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM
I am hoping that this happens AND some team will keep #3 tackle and let a #2 tackle go for salary cap reasons.

Mr. Krab
08-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Fuck you, Doucheknuckle.

You're a fucking idiot for even making that suggestion.

Of course, this isn't the first time that you've shown you don't know jackshit and I'm betting it'll be far from the last.
Says the guy who talks out his ass so much that he has to carry around a roll of toilet paper to wipe the shit from his lips every day.

CupidStunt
08-24-2009, 04:53 PM

Says the guy who talks out his ass so much that he has to carry around a roll of toilet paper to wipe the shit from his lips every day.

:LOL:

ChiefaRoo
08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
**** you, Doucheknuckle.

You're a ****ing idiot for even making that suggestion.

Get 'em Dane!!!

PS - You're right. Krab is the 'tard

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 04:59 PM

Oh, just fuck off.

You're a fucking retard and it shows with each and every post.

Keep going. It's hilarious.

Dumbass.

MahiMike
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
When you get replaced by Mcintosh, you suck. Why do you think we just picked up 2 guys from Miami today?

Halfcan
08-24-2009, 05:02 PM

I thought he retired 2 years ago?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 05:02 PM

:LOL:

Oh, how cute! The fucking football retards have formed a clique.

You two should just get a room and jerk each other off.

Halfcan
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
**** you, Doucheknuckle.

You're a ****ing idiot for even making that suggestion.

I think you coined a new word there-ROFL

CupidStunt
08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Oh, how cute! The ****ing football retards have formed a clique.

Don't kid yourself, you stupid sonofabitch. Stepping in a ring with me when it comes to football would be like Ali vs. Tyson.

Stick to having an aneurysm with your keyboard, you inbred fool.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Don't kid yourself, you stupid sonofabitch. Stepping in a ring with me when it comes to football would be like Ali vs. Tyson.

Stick to having an aneurysm with your keyboard, you inbred fool.

Urine idiot

CupidStunt
08-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Urine idiot

I've only seen you use that twice today, Jane. Not bad for someone of your mental capacity. But unlike you I don't spend my life on the internet, so maybe I've missed other usages.

Pestilence
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM
So the true question is......will having a better C and RG make the RT play that much better?

Micjones
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Jon Runyan, Mark Tauscher, Levi Jones...

I'll take any of those three over what we currently have.

Micjones
08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
So the true question is......will having a better C and RG make the RT play that much better?

I wouldn't think so... We'll just see the pressure coming off the edge rather than inside.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 05:19 PM

Not really.

If the right tackle can't seal off the outside, it doesn't matter whether or not the guard or center did their job because the running back will likely run for no gain.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2009, 05:39 PM
In a week and a half we could offer the Bengals a 2nd and 3rd for the rights to Andre Smith.

AustinChief
08-24-2009, 05:39 PM

Runyan would give us two very solid years before he is too old (IMO)... the problem is... I normally would rather develop a younger guy... but damn, right now I'm not convinced we HAVE a younger guy to develop.

We have a decent LT, enough bodies to throw at guard and center to be "ok"... I am starting to think we need a stopgap at RT just to be able to accurately evaluate the rest of the offense... QB,WR,RB

Plus, Runyan is a nice guy in real life and a complete and utter bastard on the field... might be good for giving us a bit of attitude on the line.

AustinChief
08-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Not really.

If the right tackle can't seal off the outside, it doesn't matter whether or not the guard or center did their job because the running back will likely run for no gain.

exactly. A RT can help mask poor interior line play but not so much the other way around.

Unless someone steps up this week, I seriously think a 1 or 2 year deal with an established veteran RT who can stay healthy... is our only option.

KCDC
08-24-2009, 05:48 PM
In a week and a half we could offer the Bengals a 2nd and 3rd for the rights to Andre Smith.

That would be great, but Cincy wouldn't go for it. Great idea though.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
That would be great, but Cincy wouldn't go for it. Great idea though.

Great idea? WTF?

Giving up a second and third round pick for a right tackle?

Huh?

Pestilence
08-24-2009, 05:56 PM

The deadline to trade drafted players rights away has already passed.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Great idea? WTF?

Giving up a second and third round pick for a right tackle?

Huh?

Depends what the overall thought of Andre Smith is, as a player he's probably worth that but you would have alot of OL money.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
The deadline to trade drafted players rights away has already passed.

I didn't realize it was so early (August 14th). Sucks for Andre Smith.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2009, 06:01 PM

They were talking about Smith on Sirius recently.

Can't remember what host it was, but he basically said that there's no way he would pay Smith at this point. Said the most they might be able to get for him would be a late 2nd - take it and cut their losses.

EDIT: Guess he wasn't aware of the deadline passing?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Depends what the overall thought of Andre Smith is, as a player he's probably worth that but you would have alot of OL money.

Considering the depth in next year's defensive class and the fact that the Chiefs need three starting linebackers, two safeties and a NT, let alone needs at OL, RB and WR, giving up two picks for a right tackle is extremely excessive, especially considering they just gave up picks for a center and guard.

I'd be good if the Chiefs were to give up the pick they received from the Atlanta trade or a third rounder for Smith.

But not two picks when so much help is needed on this roster.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2009, 06:11 PM
They were talking about Smith on Sirius recently.

Can't remember what host it was, but he basically said that there's no way he would pay Smith at this point. Said the most they might be able to get for him would be a late 2nd - take it and cut their losses.

EDIT: Guess he wasn't aware of the deadline passing?

From your description it seems like the host is blaming Smith for the holdout. From everything I've read, Smith and his agent just want slot money, but the club feels the Raiders and Jets overpayed.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 06:13 PM
The Bengals being cheap...shocker.

The only guy on that team that has ever gotten paid is Palmer.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2009, 06:15 PM
From your description it seems like the host is blaming Smith for the holdout. From everything I've read, Smith and his agent just want slot money, but the club feels the Raiders and Jets overpayed.

Let's face it, he doesn't deserve QB money.

And the Raiders did overpay for DHB.

Personally, I think they made a huge mistake in drafting him to begin with. He has serious character flaws, and I don't think he can even beat out Collins for the starting RT spot.

Wasted pick, IMO.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 06:17 PM

Personally, I think they made a huge mistake in drafting him to begin with. He has serious character flaws, and I don't think he can even beat out Collins for the starting RT spot.

Wasted pick, IMO.

The market sets itself, you are going to have to pay your slot, if you don't wanna pay then trade out of the pick because you're cheap.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2009, 06:18 PM

Wasted pick, IMO.

If you pick 6th, you have to be prepared to pay him like he's the 6th pick. The Bengals always wait for players to be slotted, and now they'll have to deal with it.

If there is any franchise that should be taken away from its owner - it's the Bengals.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2009, 06:18 PM
The market sets itself, you are going to have to pay your slot, if you don't wanna pay then trade out of the pick because you're cheap.

Meh.

The Bengals are notorious for being cheap, but some of it is justifiable in this case.

He should be paid much closer to what DHB got, not what Sanchez got.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Last I heard Smith wanted somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 mill and the Bengals offered him less than DHB got.

the Talking Can
08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
i wonder how much breast milk smith's titties produce?

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Last I heard Smith wanted somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 mill and the Bengals offered him less than DHB got.

Wonder what the guaranteed money was.

He should get 40/25, and be fucking happy about it, after that bullshit he pulled at the combine.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Wonder what the guaranteed money was.

He should get 40/25, and be fucking happy about it, after that bullshit he pulled at the combine.

DHB got 37...the Bengals agent basically stopped negotiating for a few weeks because during camp the offer they got was 33.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Joe Reedy writes "the Bengals last offer to Smith was five years at the base at $28 million and a maximum of $33 million" which, Reedy observes as less than last year's first round pick Vernon Gholston and lower than this year's seventh-round pick Darrius Heyward-Bey.

AustinChief
08-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Mecca,

Assuming no one on the roster steps up.. would you be opposed to a 2 year deal with Runyan at this point?

Mecca
08-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Mecca,

Assuming no one on the roster steps up.. would you be opposed to a 2 year deal with Runyan at this point?

Not really, when you have nothing it isn't like you're blocking someone.

AustinChief
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Not really, when you have nothing it isn't like you're blocking someone.

That's kinda how I see it now... and I really think our lack of RT is going to skew how well we can evaluate the rest of the piss poor offense.

From what I hear, Runyan is healthy enough for full contact as of this week. Plus, he plays through injuries (192 consecutive starts)... so I doubt the knee will be an issue.

ok.. so if Mecca and I agree... this should be a done deal right????

Coach
08-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I'd much rather have Herb Taylor playing the RT position, and go on foward from there.