PDA

View Full Version : FFL draft keeper opinions

chop
08-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I have to choose two players as my keepers. This is a standard scoring league 6 pts. td, 1pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 pt. per reception.

Pick the two players you would choose as your keepers.

L. Tomlinson
M. Forte
Chris Johnson
L. Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson

DrRyan
08-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I am guessing you are keeping them as your first and second round picks since you do not mention? How many years can you keep them? It would depend on what everyone else is keeping but I really like Megatron. Get rid of LT. It is hard to go wrong with any of them other than LT. I would probably go with Chris Johnson and Calvin Johnson.

chop
08-24-2009, 08:00 PM
We can keep them every year (as long as the league continues to have keepers). Yes they are the first two rounds.

DeezNutz
08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
I have to choose two players as my keepers. This is a standard scoring league 6 pts. td, 1pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 pt. per reception.

L. Tomlinson
M. Forte
Chris Johnson
L. Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson

Forte and Fitz.

KevB
08-24-2009, 11:43 PM
I'd be awfully tempted by Fitz and Megatron in a PPR league. If you're deadset on keeping a RB, it's got to be Forte in a PPR. I'd flip a coin on the WR's, but probably would go with Fitz with a gun to my head.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Forte's receptions are going down...Cutler doesn't throw to backs.

doomy3
08-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Forte and Fitz.

This.

Mecca
08-24-2009, 11:48 PM
There are people that do like Johnson more than Fitz because of Warner's age and Boldin being on the other side.

Fitz TD numbers spiked when Boldin was injured...

That's a real tough call honestly.

KCChiefsMan
08-25-2009, 03:15 AM
I would go with CJ and CJ

A co-worker who thinks he is an expert at fantasy football asked me who he should keep out of McNabb, DeAngelo Williams, Thomas Jones and Andre Johnson. I told him to keep Williams and Johnson. He went with McNabb and Jones. Ya.

Mile High Mania
08-25-2009, 03:42 AM
I would go with Forte and Fitzgerald as well... you're getting 2 guys that are in the consensus top 3 of their positions by just about every site. Both players are in the top 6 overall as well, very solid combo.

Great Expectations
08-25-2009, 08:03 AM
I would go with Forte and Johnson. Even though it isn't a must to take two RB's with your first two picks like it was 4 or 5 years ago, those are the two highest rated players.

It isn't by a wide margin though, so if almost everyone else in your league is keeping a WR you might want to keep Forte and Fitz.

Also, do you play 2 or 3 wr's?

KevB
08-25-2009, 08:09 AM
I would go with CJ and CJ

A co-worker who thinks he is an expert at fantasy football asked me who he should keep out of McNabb, DeAngelo Williams, Thomas Jones and Andre Johnson. I told him to keep Williams and Johnson. He went with McNabb and Jones. Ya.

How in the world could someone justify McNabb and Jones? That's ridiculous.

DaKCMan AP
08-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Fitz and Forte or Fitz and Chris Johnson

DTLB58
08-25-2009, 10:30 AM

L. Tomlinson
M. Forte
Chris Johnson
L. Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson

I'm confused by the statemet "Standard scoring.....pt. per reception...usually it's one or the other. Hence, Standard scoring league or PPR.

Ok,

Since it is PPR at 1 full pt per I say go Forte and Fitz

3 of the last 4 years Fitz has averaged 100 receptions, 1,400 yards, 10 t.d.'s

You can go through all sorts of scenarios is Warner going to stay healthy? What happens if Leinart comes in? Is Stafford or Culpepper going to play?

But imo Fitz is the most proven in an offense where you know they are going to rely on him.

You could go RB, RB or WR,WR also and I don't think anyone is going to beat you up over that either.

Kudos to you for having such studs. :clap:

Pestilence
08-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Forte and Fitzgerald.

Chris Johnson is still going to get some carries and TDs stolen by Lendale White.

Calvin Johnson still has a question mark at QB. Yes...he's still Megatron but I'd rather have Fitz as the keeper.

KCCHIEFS27
08-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Forte and Calvin Johnson

Buck
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
I can keep up to 3.

Who would you keep?

Michael Turner
Houshmanzadeh
Vincent Jackson
Terrell Owens
Kurt Warner
Reggie Wayne
Lance Moore

Would you keep anyone here other than Michael Turner?

Pestilence
08-25-2009, 01:56 PM
What do you lose for keeping them?

Buck
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
What do you lose for keeping them?

For Keeping Turner I'll lose out on my first round pick, but Its worth it since Turner is a potential #1 overall pick...

But If I keep another player I lose my 2nd round pick, and a 3rd if I keep 3.

I would really only consider one other guy, and I would say thats between:

Warner
T.O.
Vincent Jackson
Reggie Wayne

The other guys I doubt are even anywhere close to 2nd round talent. It all depends too on who else keeps guys in the league. Vincent Jackson is probably 3rd or 4th round talent. But T.O. or Reggie Wayne could go off, and so could Warner.

I had such a shitty team 2 years ago that I didn't keep anyone. Luckily I got a pretty good team and made it to the playoffs.

DeezNutz
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Wayne, maybe, if you're drafting near the top and thus will have limited top WR options when it's your turn to pick in round 2.

You could probably do just as well to say fuck the rest, though.

Buck
08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Wayne, maybe, if you're drafting near the top and thus will have limited top WR options when it's your turn to pick in round 2.

You could probably do just as well to say fuck the rest, though.

What do you think about Warner? What if lets say the top 7 or 8 QBs are being Kept, should I then think about keeping Warner?

Mecca
08-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Uh yea...I had Warner last year and he put up top 3 QB numbers.

Also Reggie Wayne is one of the few elite WR's who will go in the first 2 rounds...by keeping those 3 you actually make it better in the end unless you have a really high pick.

DeezNutz
08-25-2009, 02:51 PM
What do you think about Warner? What if lets say the top 7 or 8 QBs are being Kept, should I then think about keeping Warner?

Probably, yes.

I keep waiting for him to fall off a cliff, but with Fitz and Boldin, you have to like your chances.

DrRyan
08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Uh yea...I had Warner last year and he put up top 3 QB numbers.

Also Reggie Wayne is one of the few elite WR's who will go in the first 2 rounds...by keeping those 3 you actually make it better in the end unless you have a really high pick.

Actually, depending on which site you are drafting on, many WRs are going in the first two rounds. Fitz, A Johnson, C Johnson, Moss have all been going by 2.4 in every draft I have had. I would steer away from keeping Warner. If you are keeping Warner in round two you are counting on him to play 16 games. Will he? Maybe. Can you expect him to? That is not a bet I am willing to take. His ADP on CBS is 32.39 and the 6th QB taken.

Turner is a no brainer keeper, Wayne is a toss up IMO based on where your second round pick is and what other WRs are being kept.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I can keep up to 3.

Who would you keep?

Michael Turner
Reggie Wayne

Would you keep anyone here other than Michael Turner?

Since you would lose your first 3 picks for keeping 3... Those are the only 2 I would choose. And, it depends on WHERE in R2 you would be picking.

Is it a 10 or 12 team league? The other top WRs are likely being kept as well (AJ, Fitz, CJ, GJ), so you should spend your R2 on Wayne.

I would not spend a R3 on Warner though unless you have great scoring for QBs. Yes, Warner should be a top performer, but you can get him R4 late (most likely).

I'd spend that R3 on a RB/WR and then go QB in R4 if you like.