PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Winning Baseball

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 07:51 AM
So in case you missed it and you probably did the Rockies game ended at 1150 pm mountain last night. 14 innings of 1-1 baseball. Missed opportunities with runners on and stellar defense on both sides of the ball. In the top of the 14th the Giants finally broke through with 3 runs to go up 4-1. In the bottom of the 14th the Rockies had the bases loaded and no position players left to bat, so the pitcher Adam Eaton goes to bat and draws a 5 pitch walk to force in a run and then this happens

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=6279085

I still get goose bumps watching it

Rain Man
08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Whoa. Has baseball season started?

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Whoa. Has baseball season started?

:LOL: well the important games are just getting started

Bane
08-25-2009, 08:31 AM
That was their first walk off GS.

BigRedChief
08-25-2009, 08:33 AM
I got to see Pujols hit a grand slam off the cubs this year from about 8 rows back from home plate. Here is the picture that I took from where the ball landed.

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 08:35 AM

and put them 4 games up on the Giants for the wildcard lead and just 3 games out of first place with LA with a 3 game series with LA in Denver starting tonight

Consistent1
08-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Colorado plays pretty well as a team. Hell, even catching LA isn't out of the question at this point.

Bane
08-25-2009, 08:39 AM
I got to see Pujols hit a grand slam off the cubs this year from about 8 rows back from home plate. Here is the picture that I took from where the ball landed.

Sweet pic.

BigRedChief
08-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Colorado plays pretty well as a team. Hell, even catching LA isn't out of the question at this point.
I'd rather face Colorado than the Giants in the playoffs. Starting pitching is the most important attribute in a short 5 game series. The Giants have 2 starters that can match ours.

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 08:42 AM

I'd love to see LA choke down the stretch

BigRedChief
08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Sweet pic.
If it would have hit the concrete floor there instead of a temp rope thingy it did hit , the ball would have bounced out of the ball park and onto the street that runs alongside the stadium

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I'd rather face Colorado than the Giants in the playoffs. Starting pitching is the most important attribute in a short 5 game series. The Giants have 2 starters that can match ours.

And the Rockies don't? the Rockies have 4 of their 5 pitchers with double digit wins. Aaron Cook 10-6, Jason Marquis 14-8, Ubaldo Jiminez 12-8, Jorge De La Rosa 12-9

Jiminez, Marquis and De La Rosa are on a tear

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 08:47 AM
If it would have hit the concrete floor there instead of a temp rope thingy it did hit , the ball would have bounced out of the ball park and onto the street that runs alongside the stadium

You must be a Cards fan?

Bane
08-25-2009, 08:47 AM

That would have been funny as hell.

Consistent1
08-25-2009, 08:48 AM
I do have to agree with San Fran's pitching being perhaps a little tougher match up in a winner moves on series, but the Rockies don't exactly suck.

Buck
08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Pffff...

The Padres hit a walk off grand slam off of K-Rod weeks ago.

J/K man, cool shit. Matt Holliday still hasn't touched home yet though.

BigRedChief
08-25-2009, 08:54 AM
You must be a Cards fan?
uhhh, yeah. Long time fan. My son is a 5th generation Cardinals fan.

BigRedChief
08-25-2009, 08:56 AM
And the Rockies don't? the Rockies have 4 of their 5 pitchers with double digit wins. Aaron Cook 10-6, Jason Marquis 14-8, Ubaldo Jiminez 12-8, Jorge De La Rosa 12-9

Jiminez, Marquis and De La Rosa are on a tear
no team in the playoffs are going to be an easy mark. This isn't football. I didn't mean to insult your team or deem them not worthy, just a little scared of those two starters on the Giants. They have pitched really well against us this year.

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 08:57 AM
BTW thank you Kansas City Royals for giving up on De La Rosa

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
no team in the playoffs are going to be an easy mark. This isn't football. I didn't mean to insult your team or deem them not worthy, just a little scared of those two starters on the Giants. They have pitched really well against us this year.

no offense taken just curious...you must have forgotten the 4 game sweep in STL June 4-7?

11-4
10-1
7-2
5-2

Frazod
08-25-2009, 09:18 AM
no offense taken just curious...you must have forgotten the 4 game sweep in STL June 4-7?

11-4
10-1
7-2
5-2

That was before we shitcanned Duncan, and neither Ankiel nor Ludwick was hitting. Since then we've added Holliday, DeRosa, Lugo and that Smoltz guy. If you think this is the same team that rolled over and died early in June, you're wrong.

You're also wrong if you think that useless fuck Marquis will do anything but crumple down the stretch. The only reason he has a ring is because he wasn't allowed to pitch for us in the playoffs.

Buck
08-25-2009, 09:19 AM

11-4
10-1
7-2
5-2

The Padres went 4-2 Against the Cardinals in 2006, including beating them 2 out of 3 in Late September, and then got pounded in the NLDS by the same Cardinals team.

Regular Season matchups really don't matter in the post season.

L.A. Chieffan
08-25-2009, 09:24 AM
i hope jim tracy gets run over by a truck and then when somebody asks him about it he'll say:

"Did I get run over by a truck? Yes. Did it hurt? Yes. Am I going to die? I don't know. Will we play better? I hope so."

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 09:28 AM

Regular Season matchups really don't matter in the post season.

just a little scared of those two starters on the Giants. They have pitched really well against us this year.

I was just responding to this

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 09:33 AM
You're also wrong if you think that useless **** Marquis will do anything but crumple down the stretch. The only reason he has a ring is because he wasn't allowed to pitch for us in the playoffs.

Seems to be doing well so far in the second half of the season

3-2 3.00 ERA in 7 Starts including a ND in 8 innings of work last night where he only gave up 1 run

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 09:34 AM
i hope jim tracy gets run over by a truck and then when somebody asks him about it he'll say:

"Did I get run over by a truck? Yes. Did it hurt? Yes. Am I going to die? I don't know. Will we play better? I hope so."

was the driver of that truck on roids or no?

Frazod
08-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Seems to be doing well so far in the second half of the season

3-2 3.00 ERA in 7 Starts including a ND in 8 innings of work last night where he only gave up 1 run

Just wait until he pitches in a game you really need to win.

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Just wait until he pitches in a game you really need to win.

well I'm assuming you mean a playoff game....but last nights game was about as important a game as they have played all year.. a loss and the Giants are just 2 games back ....the only run he allowed was a manufactured run in the first inning...it took the Giants 13 more innings to crack a Rockies pitcher for anymore runs.....I'm not being argumentative just saying I think that the Rox will surprise again this year

Frazod
08-25-2009, 09:50 AM
well I'm assuming you mean a playoff game....but last nights game was about as important a game as they have played all year.. a loss and the Giants are just 2 games back ....the only run he allowed was a manufactured run in the first inning...it took the Giants 13 more innings to crack a Rockies pitcher for anymore runs.....I'm not being argumentative just saying I think that the Rox will surprise again this year

Well, good luck. God knows I'd rather face your pitching staff than San Francisco's in the playoffs.

Chief Chief
08-25-2009, 09:50 AM
The wildest thing about last night's (this morning's?) game wasn't the WO GS.It was the fact that the game was played at Coors Field and the score was only 1-1 going into extra innings. Great pitching? Or piss-poor power?

DenverChief
08-25-2009, 09:52 AM
The wildest thing about last night's (this morning's?) game wasn't the WO GS.It was the fact that the game was played at Coors Field and the score was only 1-1 going into extra innings. Great pitching? Or piss-poor power?

well after attending Saturday nights 14-11 slugfest I'd have to say great pitching and good defense

BigRedChief
08-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Well, good luck. God knows I'd rather face your pitching staff than San Francisco's in the playoffs.
yep, as does probably 90% of Cardinal fans. The Rockies have a pretty decent offense too but we ain't too shabby ourselfs. We still are not fully clicking on offense yet. Dream scenerio path to the WS for myself would be Rockies then the Dodgers. Again, no offense, just MHO.

Consistent1
08-25-2009, 11:10 AM
If the Rockies and Cards meet in a series, all the media attempts at Holliday (ex-"RockTober") drama will be like a baby-Favre deal. After spending that time in Oakland, I would be ready to take it out on the Rockies.

BigRedChief
08-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Nice win again Rockies! Making that race for home field advantage a little closer.:clap: